Hosting A Private Chat Room
Welcome To Hosting Your Own Chat Room
If you're here, chances are you are curious as to the ins and out of the Chat Room. First and foremost, familiarize yourself with how the room works by carefully reading the Chat Help Tutorial.
Creating a chat room is super simple! Instructions are below. Things to note about hosting your own room.
- This is your own chat room and it will not be moderated or maintained by SingSnap Staff or Chat-Admin Moderators. If a situation arises within your room, please use the tools provided to handle it to the best of your ability.
- If you choose to have your room Password Protected, it is your responsibility to only share that password with people you trust. The password cannot be changed, so type carefully.
Creating Your Private Chat Room
Load the main chat window you will see a button that says "Create New Room"
A new box will appear where you can name your room, determine if it is public or private and assign a password if you would like. You can also enter a description. Type carefully because this cannot be edited once created.
The room will remain active for as long as it is occupied. Once the room is empty, it will delete itself.
Chat Room Tools
Now that you have your own Chat Room, you have a few tools at your disposal that will assist you in keeping your room safe and drama free. If there is a user who is causing an issue, locate their name in the list and left click. Click on the 'Administration' button.
You now have three options;
- Kick From This Room - This will remove the user from the room. They will still be able to re-enter the room.
- Ban From This Room - This will permanently remove the user from the room.
- Gag In Room - This will prevent the user from typing. They will remain in the room but will be unable to type. If you would like to remove the 'gag'. you repeat the above steps and select 'Ungag" from the drop down menu.
You can learn about the other features in the Chat Help Tutorial!