This topic is listed in General Discussion.
It has been viewed 3,159 times and 63 replies have been made.

Previous -
sabathiel

Reply by sabathielGOLD

Most people literally are willing to die to be famous and probably Rebecca Black is one of them. And now she is the one laughing all the way to the bank. The "death threats" are just empty talk unless someone actually make concrete moves to execute such plans and risk the wrath of the law. As for people telling her to commit suicide unless one is psychologically weak that is laughable. People can say anything they want pretty much in a free country. Make me famous and I'll teach the world how to deal with these idiots. I already do to a certain extent when people make idiotic abusive comments on my Youtube videos. I'll make them burn in their hatred which will scar them for life psychologically. And if words alone are not enough for them and they want to do start DOING stupid things which are most likely to be illegal anyway then they are going to jail. Then I'll say to them "one down, a lot more to go". It reminds of me of what Noel Gallagher the guitarist of Oasis says one time. He was telling a story how when his band was performing live at Glastonbury which is a venue like Woodstock there were a bunch of idiots throwing eggs on stage and hurling abuses when they appeared as the last act of the concert. Noel said "I know now we are really famous because I know how hard and how long it takes for someone to get a place at the front of the stage amongst hundreds of thousands of people for the last act just to throw eggs and abuse us". If it took those idiots that much patience and effort to express their hatred only to get ejected by security then they can be assured that they have accomplished what most bands have tried to accomplish.

GlaszEyes

Reply by GlaszEyesGOLD 2

...faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen...

You make a good point. I think it is sad the lengths some people will go to be famous though. Fame has a very, very dark side, in my opinion, and is not for the faint of heart. 'Be careful what you wish for' comes to mind.

mrdecatur217

Reply by mrdecatur217GOLD

Lets sing and enjoy the moment. When and if fame knocks you won't be ready ;; calm down and sing . Don't worry be happy.

stannyyjoe

Reply by stannyyjoe

Fame knocked on my door once ...... When I opened it the guy said ... ''oops, wrong door'' lol

Defense

Reply by Defense

he was selling you Avon I'm thinking

stannyyjoe

Reply by stannyyjoe

Defense
Are you suggesting that I'm effeminate?

Spitfire64

Reply by Spitfire64

Fame knocked on my door once ...... When I opened it the guy said ... ''oops, wrong door'' lolstannyyjoe
Fame knocked on my door a couple of times too...I told it to get the hell out of there and let me go back to sleep.

Defense

Reply by Defense

Defense
Are you suggesting that I'm effeminate? stannyyjoe

says the man with the lipstick on in his photo ^^^

stannyyjoe

Reply by stannyyjoe

Defense
Are you suggesting that I'm effeminate? stannyyjoe

says the man with the lipstick on in his photo ^^^Defense
You have me on a technicality.

chromaticdave

Reply by chromaticdave

i posted a stevie wonder song for once in my life nobody can seem to watch it why

Mojo_Risin

Reply by Mojo_RisinGOLD 1

OK, so if I am understanding this correctly, it is unlawful, illegal, to take any video created here on SS, whether your own or any other SS member and then post them on you tube...right?
I was sure that I had seen SS video/audio's on you tube? I could be wrong though. The only reason I would do it would be to get some 'real' comments from people that critique honestly. I myself am bad at being honest. It would take someone very insensitive to shoot others down, so I get it, indeed. Some, probably a high percentage, have come to SS as a release and many have been encouraged to sing from well meaning individuals even though they couldn't carry a musical note with a wheel barrow. There are many that do lack confidence and SS gives them a chance to develop confidence...wow, I am talking in circles it seems...so, long story short, legal or illegal?

GlaszEyes

Reply by GlaszEyesGOLD 2

...faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen...

Can you get recognized on here like a lot of famous YouTube singers have? I'm just wondering because I want to know if I should stick with SS or just upload songs to YouTube?peaceloveerin

Fame is over-rated...

Rob

Reply by RobSTAFF +20 6

OK, so if I am understanding this correctly, it is unlawful, illegal, to take any video created here on SS, whether your own or any other SS member and then post them on you tube...right?
I was sure that I had seen SS video/audio's on you tube? I could be wrong though. The only reason I would do it would be to get some 'real' comments from people that critique honestly. I myself am bad at being honest. It would take someone very insensitive to shoot others down, so I get it, indeed. Some, probably a high percentage, have come to SS as a release and many have been encouraged to sing from well meaning individuals even though they couldn't carry a musical note with a wheel barrow. There are many that do lack confidence and SS gives them a chance to develop confidence...wow, I am talking in circles it seems...so, long story short, legal or illegal?Mojo_Risin
Posting songs from SingSnap or YouTube would be against our Terms of Use due to licensing and copyrights.

If you're looking for an honest critique you may find the Vocal Help, Tips & Critique folder helpful. You can ask for honest opinions there.

Previous -

Topic Closed
This topic has been closed and will not receive any new replies.