This topic is listed in Website Problems & Help.
It has been viewed 4,510 times and 111 replies have been made.

- Next
Rob

Edited post by RobSTAFF +8

We are currently looking into issues related to videos jumping/skipping. If you're having this issue and would like to help us troubleshoot please provide the following info:

1. Link to a recording with this issue.
2. Version of Flash Player you have. (Click Here to go to the Adobe website and see what version you have.)
3. Operating System and Browser. (if known)

Additional notes you think might be helpful.

Yankee_Julie314

Reply by Yankee_Julie314SNAP-STAR +1

Thanks Rob. That's a great idea to make a different thread. Seems that some in the thread use Chrome and aren't having trouble at all. It's just so weird that it would only effect a few. I have put a few out public and explained in the recording info that staff seem to think it COULD be a problem with the latest update of Adobe. I had two people comment that has been happening with theirs, too. They aren't on the Beta team. One lady said she just stopped messing with her cam altogether. I'm not sure if they use Chrome or IE. I will send them this thread link.

Incidentally, just yesterday I got an alert that version 11 was ready to download and install. I always download and install it even though it is in Chrome already. Does that mean that Chrome updates of Adobe come days before the general update, because if version 11 has been causing the trouble, I assume it was in Chrome before yesterday.

I did check and the link you have there says that I have version 11.0.1.152 installed.

Cerebraljam

Reply by CerebraljamGOLD

Hi, glad to see this thread, and yes, I have problems with Chrome being jumpy - cross reference Chrome version on Beta thread: You Take My Breath Away - Eva Cassidy (inner circle)

Same on Firefox a few minutes later - better but still jumps

I did open Safari and that was hugely faster to open new pages and load etc but, on opening a song to record - jumped an awful lot in non record position - seemed to be like a 'refresh' timing.

The upgrade, in my view had made things a lot clearer though. Last version I got bathroom blocks on videos.

Operating System:

Windows XP Home Service Pack 3 (2002)
AMD Athlon 64 x2 dual
Core processor 3800+
2.01 GHZ 1Gb ram
Physical Address Extension

Video = NVidia GeForce 210

Was gonna try Opera but need to reinstall - my laptop had loads of browsers on and I haven't got it on my pc.

Got an alert from Flash that upgrade 11 was available about 4-5 days ago so installed. On checking settings on Adobe site - most browsers have this installed now.

I still find Firefox sluggish as a video recorder (browser) compared to Chrome, and did not get any warnings about clipping on Chrome either.

Webcam: Minuro 3D
Framerate: 15.000 RGB 24

Will flag thread for any useful info you can give...

JoeTomNJ

Reply by JoeTomNJGOLD

Flagging in case I have problems

Yankee_Julie314

I can't believe this. Rob, now I am jumping around in Firefox, too! Is it because I downloaded Adobe Flash Player 11 to my computer yesterday when I was prompted. I had it already in Chrome. I wasn't having trouble in Firefox or IE, only Chrome. Others have told me they are having trouble and they are using IE.

Here's a link for a song in Firefox.
http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/r/b67062110

I did the same song in IE with no jumping around.

Question. I looked and I can download the previous version of Flash. Would that fix the problem at least in Firefox? And if I do that, do I have to uninstall 11 in my add and remove programs?

Rob

Edited reply by RobSTAFF +8

I've not had this issue on FF. However, since Chrome and IE both have the issue it stands to reason that FF could have it as well. It would be related to the Flash 11 update. We're looking at a workaround, but a solution has been found yet.

Yes, reverting to flash 10.3 will resolve the issue, but reverting is a huge pain in the rear. No, you shouldn't use Add/Remove Programs as Adobe offers an uninstaller download. Honestly, I wouldn't recommend reverting just yet.

Yankee_Julie314

Yeah, trying to find a way to avoid using IE. don't really like FF that well either. No SS graphics line up right for me on FF.IE is working..so far..but I think it's obvious on that link I sent from FF that's it's there too.

Even IE chopped of the top of some background themes on my end anyway. Chrome is ok with the graphics and it seems so much simpler.

Your right about a work around. I know it wouldn't solve the problem in Chrome and I would imagine each update has new security features, too.

Any guess as to why everyone in SS doesn't have the same trouble who is using Flash 11?

Yankee_Julie314

any luck on getting this thing fixed or that work around. IE is so blasted slow. I miss my bookmark bar from Chrome and FF is just as bad as Chrome with the jumping.

peacebaby

Reply by peacebaby

I too started having the jumping and skipping problem after my PC automatically did an Adobe Flash Player update to the Flash 11..I have Google Chrome downloaded..but use IE

http://www.singsnap.com/snap/r/baa0d22f8

Rob

Reply by RobSTAFF +8

Still looking for a workaround. So far Adobe hasn't released any info about this so we're stabbing in the dark trying to find a workaround.

GeorgiaPeachMarie

Reply by GeorgiaPeachMarieGOLD

This is REALLY annoying!

peacebaby

Reply by peacebaby

Agree with Georgia....annoying...can't even use my webcam this morning...I'm thinking the new update of Adobe 11 is responsible !

Yankee_Julie314

Something else to report. I was going to put it in the beta thread. You know I have to use IE because the other two have the jumping video thing. Well, IE is so blasted slow and sometimes freezes up on me. But, I wanted to report that each time I open the IE browser for the first time and go to record I have to set the adobe settings again even though I check the "remember" box.

Well, this last time when I went to scroll down on the menu to "settings" I saw below it, "about adobe 10.3.....etc.! So even though I did the latest update of Adobe and going to the site shows that I have Adobe 11 installed, in IE it's still saying 10.3...whatever! And that is probably why I'm not having trouble with IE. I'm really close to uninstalling this latest update and installing the old one.

Yankee_Julie314

Georgia and peace...what browsers are you using?

Yankee_Julie314

Still looking for a workaround. So far Adobe hasn't released any info about this so we're stabbing in the dark trying to find a workaround.Rob

I appreciate the two of you and your efforts, Rob. Especially since the beta problems aren't yet solved. I have old issues with the beta recorder popping up again.I'll post those in the beta thread.

peacebaby

Reply by peacebaby

I'm using IE....now webcam just crashes and I'm wondering if it's even possible to go back to the older version..

singingsister....I also have to do the SS wizard each time I logout..even though I have flash set to remember and that was before the update to flash 11.

Can't even use webcam video now !

peacebaby

Reply by peacebaby

Just came from the Adobe Website and read that for the 11 flash player..it needs Windows 7 ?

peacebaby

Reply by peacebaby

Sorry...I mean't IE 7 and up..here's the info on requirments for the flash 11

•Microsoft® Windows® XP (32-bit) Windows Server® 2003 (32-bit) Windows Server 2008 (32-bit) Windows Vista® (32-bit) Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit)
•2.33GHz or faster x86-compatible processor, or Intel® Atom™ 1.6GHz or faster processor for netbooks
•128MB of RAM
•128MB of graphics memory
•Internet Explorer 7.0 and above Mozilla Firefox 4.0 and above Google Chrome Safari 5.0 and above Opera 11

peacebaby

Reply by peacebaby

Just downloaded the flash 11 debugger...did not help....now the vids freeze !

peacebaby

Reply by peacebaby

OK I've done some investigating.....I did discover that my Java Script had been disabled somehow..so I enabled that...Java Script must be enabled...also I did a hardware diagnostic on my webcam...and also uninstalled and reinstalled the Adobe Flash 11 and made sure there were no other adobe versions still enabled...the result is..much better now..not sure how long it will last..but it's working much better now...

peacebaby

Reply by peacebaby

Here's the result of over 5 hrs of trying to solve the problem...I'm tired !!!

http://www.singsnap.com/snap/r/b0639b120

Yankee_Julie314

I'm using IE....now webcam just crashes and I'm wondering if it's even possible to go back to the older version..

singingsister....I also have to do the SS wizard each time I logout..even though I have flash set to remember and that was before the update to flash 11.

Can't even use webcam video now !peacebaby

i found something in IE that might fix the problem of having to reset the settings each time we open IE

Yankee_Julie314

Go to control panal. Double Click on Adobe Flash Player. Window comes up that says, "Adobe Flash Player settings." Click on tab that says, "Camera and Mic." Then make sure "Ask me when a site wants to use the camera or mic (recommended) circle is checked.

On same tab, go to Camera and Microphone Settings by site.
Click on "add" at the bottom of that window.Then you can type in www.singsnap.com. Choose between as permisssion, allow, or block...I chose allow because it's SS, then click add button. Then close.

peacebaby

Reply by peacebaby

GM Singing Sister.....thanks for the input and I'm going to try what you suggested.....HAPPY SINGING :))))))))))))))))))))

Peace

GeorgiaPeachMarie

Reply by GeorgiaPeachMarieGOLD

I'm using Google Chrome. How can you fix this? (sigh)

peacebaby

Reply by peacebaby

Hi Georgia...it seems to be all the search programs that are experiencing this problem....in my very humble opinion....err hmmm...I think it may be SS's end...as I'm not having any problems with any other websites and my flash player...I'm sure the staff will get it fixed....they're good at what they do.

Mines still jumping and skipping....

Rob

Edited reply by RobSTAFF +8

For directions to revert to Flash 10.3 please see the following thread.
http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/forum/topic/b11b6c8

peacebaby

Reply by peacebaby

Thanks Rob...I'm going to stay with the Flash 11 until the Adobe people fix the problem...hopefully soon and I'll keep an eye out also for any fixes on the Adobe discussion board and will post it here

Yankee_Julie314

Edited reply by Yankee_Julie314SNAP-STAR +1

Rob, when I right click on the player where I can go change settings etc, the last item says, "about adobe flash...and then the version. Well, in Chrome and in FF, it is showing adobe 11, and both of those are jumping. IE is not jumping. When I right click on the player there and check the version, it says that the version is version 10. Why didn't the update take for IE. I'm glad it didn't of course, but I just don't understand that. When I check the adobe site it says the version installed is 11.

I hadn't used IE in a long time because it takes forever for thing to load for me. It's version 8. I just saw on cnet there is IE 9 and 10! If I upgrade to 9 or 10 I'll bet it won't be using adobe 10 anymore. Ohh nevermind. Just saw you have to have higher than windows XP for those IE upgrades. lol IE is so slow even typing in yahoo the letters aren't coming up until a second after I type them. So I've only been using IE to record.

Firefox never lines up graphics in SS right for me, but I guess that would be better than the slow poke IE.

I also have a question about a fix that adobe would come up with. Are the videos only jumping in SS. I recorded a 20 minute video right from my logitech cam and sent the file to a friend in email. It didn't involve SS at all. for something like that is Adobe involved? If it is,the it's working fine in my webcam software and without a browser.

Yankee_Julie314

GM Singing Sister.....thanks for the input and I'm going to try what you suggested.....HAPPY SINGING :))))))))))))))))))))

Peacepeacebaby

Well crap, peacebaby! I did all that, opened IE again this morning and the first time I tried to record, the stupid thing came up again asking for permission to use the cam and mic. when I looked at what I told you to look at with settings, my settings were all gone!! grrrrr

Yankee_Julie314

ok...when I right click on the player and scroll down and click on "about adobe flash 10 something in IE, it takes me to the site and it says I have 10 installed...so if I go to FF or chrome then the website, it says I have 11 installed

so I have both versions installed?

Rob

Reply by RobSTAFF +8

ok...when I right click on the player and scroll down and click on "about adobe flash 10 something in IE, it takes me to the site and it says I have 10 installed...so if I go to FF or chrome then the website, it says I have 11 installed
so I have both versions installed?singingsister57

There are different versions of Flash for different browsers. Chrome and FF use the same version (though Chrome actually has its own version) and IE has it's own version. So you can have several Flash instances installed.

peacebaby

Reply by peacebaby

Peacepeacebaby

Well crap, peacebaby! I did all that, opened IE again this morning and the first time I tried to record, the stupid thing came up again asking for permission to use the cam and mic. when I looked at what I told you to look at with settings, my settings were all gone!! grrrrrsingingsister57

Ha Me too ...still doesn't remember...I have to go through the dang SS wizard each time....UGH !!!!!!!!!!!!!

peacebaby

Reply by peacebaby

so I have both versions installed?singingsister57

There are different versions of Flash for different browsers. Chrome and FF use the same version (though Chrome actually has its own version) and IE has it's own version. So you can have several Flash instances installed. Rob

Hey...that's good info to know Rob...thanks

Yankee_Julie314

Well, right now I'm using IE for recording only. I have IE 8. Apparently I can't go up to IE 9 because it has to have OS Vista or above. I stopped using IE a good while ago because it was sooooo sloowww. Takes forever for it to load pages. So I have Chrome and IE open all the time on days that I record.

Yankee_Julie314

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! I hope something can be done soon about the Adobe Crap Player. lol Since this happened, I have done everything in Chrome EXCEPT for recording. IE is the only browser that will let me record without the video jumping. I guess it's because the "about" statement says it's using 10.3.

I have mentioned how blasted slow IE is, but this is really been getting ridiculous. It will allow me to record, but when I clicked on the recording from my list after saving it took FOREVER to load the page and then after most of the page had loaded, I had to wait for the player to load. I didn't pay attention to see that the song had only loaded a little bit when I clicked play. Of course it stopped in the middle to buffer and I had to stop the player and then click play several times before it finally got to moving faster and loaded the whole song before the music started.

When I tested it again by trying to load that page in another tab,that whole scenario happened again. I decided to just click out of the browser all together and come back. It STILL was taking forever to load. It can't be my connection because I went to Chrome and things loaded as soon as I clicked on the song. I know I can just use IE for recording and then go to Chrome to listen but what a pain this is. The only reason I can figure that IE is so slow for me is that it is IE 8. Seeing that I have XP and need Vista or Windows 7 for anything higher than IE8 I guess that's the reason for the slowness. I have tested this over and over. Everything loads fine in Chrome, but super slow in IE. I left IE for Chrome a good while ago because SS support suggested that or FF. Since FF never loads graphics right for me in SS, I chose Chrome. In programs where I take a picture and it, by defaults opens the picture for review in IE, I sit and wait and wait for the picture to load. I can actually go to the folder where the pic is and open it in Chrome and see the picture immediately even before IE has opened it!

Sorry I'm venting here. I don't know if this is something to put in this thread or not. It's not really a beta issue. I wish I felt comfortable enough to follow the instructions to uninstall 11 and re-install 10, Rob. I thought I could do that on my own but when you started talking about extracting certain files I said I'll just deal with this because I don't want to really screw things up. lol

I understand that you guys are busy with the beta stuff. I still would like an answer as to why isn't the jumping video issue affecting everyone on the site if it's a problem with the latest update. I don't hear many people talking about having problems. Are there that many people who DON'T do updates?

Good grief! Sorry for writing a novel!

Rob

Reply by RobSTAFF +8

This issue is definitely a Flash Player issue. It's one of those things that will take some time to correct, unfortunately. We've not found a workaround we're happy with and the process is largely trial and error. Our system is very complex so that makes it more difficult.

I personally have this same issue on YouTube and other site that accept live cam feeds. The issue is most likely not affecting everyone since every PC has different hardware and software combinations. Some may have newer or older drivers for their devices and that can have an affect on things like this as well.

We're hoping Adobe addresses this issue when they release an update to their Flash 11 player. Until then we'll keep looking for a workaround, but it could take awhile to find one since we actually don't know why this happens. We have a good idea of where to look, but we don't have specifics as to what is causing this issue.

Corndolly

Reply by CorndollyGOLD

I'm not very PC savvy...lol...wot I know I've mor or less taught myself..but anyhow...I'm using Chrome..don't use IE at all...am runnin XP professional,& am using Adobe vers.10..so far...my system is running ok.I've seen other peoples vids jumping,but wen I play my own bak,they seem ok.
I hav my updates set to 'auto'..so it lets me know wen there's any updates to any of my progs.My PC is REALLY old!! HP Pavilion mx70...lol...no flat screen ...lol...but (fingers crossed) it's still workin fine!! I did hav 2 buy sumthin (which my neighbour fitted)..which gave me mor memory...
hope u get things sorted SingingSister..xx

Corndolly

Reply by CorndollyGOLD

Am I allowed to post this link 2 Microsoft...it's very helpful & has helped me many times...

http://support.microsoft.com/

Yankee_Julie314

Thanks for answering Rob. I'm sorry that I've just been frustrated with this. As long as I can record in IE I suppose I shouldn't be complaining so much. I never thought it was anything but an Adobe problem and I'm sorry if I gave the impression that I thought it wasn't. I just wonder how does Adobe know there is a problem so that it can be addressed in the next update. Have people been reporting this somewhere.

Thanks for your concern, Dolly. Microsoft won't help this issue. It's all because of a quirk in the latest update for Adobe Flash Player which is what SS uses for video recording.

Corndolly

Reply by CorndollyGOLD

Aaaah ok Singsister....mayb if u wanna carry on usin ure version of Adobe...how bout uninstallin it then re-installing it? That might 'iron' out the prob 4 u?? Hope it gets sorted hun...all the best 2 u...x

Yankee_Julie314

Dolly, scroll up and see the instructions Rob gave for uninstalling. Reinstalling 11 will not solve the problem. His instructions are for uninstalling 11 and then reinstalling the last version...10. I usually can do that myself through add and remove programs and then searching to see if any files are left over to manually delete before installing another version, but his instructions include things I've never done...extracting certain files etc. He said if we aren't comfortable with the instructions then not to do that. You can see his latest post up there too about the problem and that the staff here hasn't been able to find the problem.Thanks for all your well wishes. I'm looking for some help on the adobe forums to see if others have similar problems.

peacebaby

Reply by peacebaby

Hear ya Singing Sister....I'm still having same problems...with google chrome and IE9...my PC is set to do auto updates...I have windows vista...and when it updated to Adobe Flash player 11..that's when all the problems started...guess it's just a waiting game at this point...I even considered paying for an Adobe software professional one..but then read the reviews and seems the ones you pay for aren't any better !!

Corndolly

Reply by CorndollyGOLD

Hiya..I guess u hav already seen this Singingsister??? I've downloaded the link in case u havn't...
http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html

Yankee_Julie314

Yep I did, Dolly, but thanks. I became a member of the "community" so I could post things on the forums. peacebaby did too. I'll send you a private message.

peacebaby

Reply by peacebaby

Are we all still jumping and skipping...now I have no vid..only audio...Ha...well I can always jump rope...Ha :)))))))))))))

peacebaby

Reply by peacebaby

Only have the issues here on SS...so now I'm lead to believe it's a SS problem....vids play fine on YT and elsewhere !!

Yankee_Julie314

Guess what, everyone. I just got this in my email from the Adobe forum where I posted about this problem.

"bmai209
Re: Why does my video jump around as soon as I turn my cam on in SingSnap since Flash 11 was installed?

1. Oct 21, 2011 12:17 PM (in response to singingsister57)
This is a known issue and there's a fix for it in our next release."

So confirmed it's on their end. I never doubted that since Rob said they were sure, but I understand about only having the problem in SS, peace. Hmmmm. I still have video and working fine in IE even if IE is slow as a turtle for me with pages loading. lol

peacebaby

Reply by peacebaby

That's good Singing Sister.....thinking back....each time the Adobe updates..there's issues ...but eventually they get worked out and everything is OK..hope this is the case this time

Cerebraljam

Edited reply by CerebraljamGOLD

I found Firefox was misbehaving as much as Chrome so I've gone back to Chrome now. At least the browser loads quicker and doesn't end up hogging my resources and slowing everything down...

Okay, so I have hiccups LOL but... I still think Chrome records much smoother at the end of the day...

I wasn't seeing any problems using any other site either and it never jumps when I use my recording software...

Naughty Flash But having said that, it's getting clearer and clearer so thumbs up, there is no pleasure without pain? Heh... hopefully they'll update again soon and give us another problem to figure out ;D

Am enjoying the new recorder ...

Thank you for your probing around and update Singingsister

peacebaby

Reply by peacebaby

Hi Cerebral maybe our computer goes into shock when it gets an update and must get adjusted and use to the newer version...you're right after awhile things settle down it gets right again....then they have a newer version...nothing static with the PC always changing and adjusting

Hope its a good day for you...

Peace

- Next