This topic is listed in Recording Help & Tips.
It has been viewed 2,008 times and 1 reply have been made.

CAL-X

Post by CAL-XGOLD

Hi, I have worked diligently to find a way to get stereo mix on my computer without success. I have Dell 1555 studio lap top with windows seven and I have attempted everything, just checking to see if maybe someone on here might now of a way, I would love to hear it. Thanks,

Chris

k2501961

Reply by k2501961GOLD

Thank you so much Fawn!!! r/b5a9c89a3

Do you have the Intel High Definition Audio 2.2 or the optional Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi MB Software Suite?

If it's the Intel High Definition Audio 2.2 it would be listed as Stereo Mix in the Windows Recording Devices. Right-click anywhere in the Windows Recording Devices and make sure "show disconnected" and "show disabled" devices are checked.

If it's the optional Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi MB Software Suite it would be listed as "What-U-Hear" in the Windows Recording Devices and to get it to show up right-click anywhere in the Windows Recording Devices and make sure "show disconnected" and "show disabled" devices are checked.

I highly suspect you probably have the Intel High Definition Audio 2.2 and two options for getting stereo mix if it isn't present is either a driver update or use an external sound card such as the Creative X-Fi Go which will provide that functionality.

You also might want to review this blog on Dell.com:

http://en.community.dell.com/dell-blogs/direct2dell/b/direct2dell/archive/2008/08/15/stereo-mix-record-functionality-and-dell.aspx

~ Chris

Topic Closed
This topic has been closed and will not receive any new replies.