The SS Listening Experience

This topic is listed in General Discussion. It has been viewed 517 times and 20 replies have been made.

--Katie--LEVEL 47

Post by --Katie--GOLD

I was just wondering.....

When you are here...and listening to your friends etc...What do you do to listen....

Do you use Headphones?

Do you choose a different browser? as ive found on some that the sound is different...

Do you adjust your pc settings differently than you would if you were recording?

Just Curious.....

--Katie--LEVEL 47

Reply by --Katie--GOLD

I always listen & record with headphones...

I use Google chrome to listen - and Firefox to record....

And i do adjust my soundcard settings differently - than when i am recording....

CheekylilvixenLEVEL 2

Reply by CheekylilvixenGOLD

I listen through my surround sound speakers, sounds much better than the headphones but I record with headphones tho.

I only use IE7 and I don't change my settings either. My settings remain constant, while on Ss. If recording off Ss, they tend to change, depending on my karaoke backing, if too loud or too soft.

I don't use Firefox, just too much going on for me on that browser. I prefer something with less stuff on it. I tried it for a week, just didn't grow on me. I felt like my computer was responding alot slower to it.

I haven't tried Google Chrome yet, my bf has but I think he only used it once. Obviously, he didn't like it either LOL. He tried Firefox for a cpl of months and removed it as well.

-Tas-LEVEL 71

Reply by -Tas-

I listen and record on google chrome
I listen with headphones on
settings are the same for both
Everyone does sound different if I am listening from another computer...I sound like more pure crap if I listen to myself from my mom's computer.

CheekylilvixenLEVEL 2

Reply by CheekylilvixenGOLD

that all depends on the sound cards each computer has ...

--Katie--LEVEL 47

Reply by --Katie--GOLD

Everyone does sound different if I am listening from another computer...I sound like more pure crap if I listen to myself from my mom's computer.grammatea4u

Yes - I noticed that too...I listen in a few different places...all different settings - and they all sound different....

Don't put yourself down Tas - The main thing is you enjoy it - and loads of people enjoy your songs

-Tas-LEVEL 71

Reply by -Tas-

Everyone does sound different if I am listening from another computer...I sound like more pure crap if I listen to myself from my mom's computer.grammatea4u

Yes - I noticed that too...I listen in a few different places...all different settings - and they all sound different....

Don't put yourself down Tas - The main thing is you enjoy it - and loads of people enjoy your songs caterina

(((caterina))) I just love your soul.

--Katie--LEVEL 47

Reply by --Katie--GOLD

I listen through my surround sound speakers, sounds much better than the headphones but I record with headphones tho.

I only use IE7 and I don't change my settings either. My settings remain constant, while on Ss. If recording off Ss, they tend to change, depending on my karaoke backing, if too loud or too soft.

I don't use Firefox, just too much going on for me on that browser. I prefer something with less stuff on it. I tried it for a week, just didn't grow on me. I felt like my computer was responding alot slower to it.

I haven't tried Google Chrome yet, my bf has but I think he only used it once. Obviously, he didn't like it either LOL. He tried Firefox for a cpl of months and removed it as well.Cheekylilvixen

I have noticed a huge difference on my sound with google chrome - Its far better than any other browsers ive tried so far...that...combined with a good set of headphones...makes listening here an absolute delight For me! ......lol

--Katie--LEVEL 47

Reply by --Katie--GOLD

Don't put yourself down Tas - The main thing is you enjoy it - and loads of people enjoy your songs caterina

(((caterina))) I just love your soul.grammatea4u

Awww..Ty..x

butlersoftLEVEL 17

Reply by butlersoft

Nice topic Cat !!!

I listen and record with headphones .... I find that if I listen over the speakers, the voice and music just seem to be too *separate* ... and it sounds like a voice singing along to a track.

With headphones, I get a better dynamic ... more of a mix / studio sound and the vocal seems to blend more...

I don't know - maybe it's just me?? Certainly I hate the sound of my own voice and don't like listening to my own recorded voice (I also don't like seeing myself in photos / on video) so not sure whats going on there !!!

I use Firefox permanently.

--Katie--LEVEL 47

Reply by --Katie--GOLD

Nice topic Cat !!!

I listen and record with headphones .... I find that if I listen over the speakers, the voice and music just seem to be too *separate* ... and it sounds like a voice singing along to a track.

With headphones, I get a better dynamic ... more of a mix / studio sound and the vocal seems to blend more...

I don't know - maybe it's just me?? Certainly I hate the sound of my own voice and don't like listening to my own recorded voice (I also don't like seeing myself in photos / on video) so not sure whats going on there !!!

I use Firefox permanently.

butlersoft

I have to agree on the difference using headphones makes....because when i listen elsewhere...without them...Its exactly as you described....

And i don't particularly like the sound of my own voice either....lol...

When you find out what that illness is called...will you let me know? lol

MandyLEVEL 23

Reply by MandyGOLD

I listen and record with speakers, using IE7

Can't bear using headphones, but I think that comes from a background of singing live on karaoke a lot.

Yes, I have been to friends houses and heard the difference on their computers compared to my own..some better, some worse.

MilesLEVEL 52

Reply by MilesGOLD

I listen usually through IE...I'll switch to Google Chrome if there's an issue...I usually have multiple SS windows open but that rarely causes an issue. As to what else I'm doing at the time...well that depends on what I'm listening to & in what capacity...if I'm doing contest judging then I'm focussed on the song in question, if there's a video I'll likely be watching that, otherwise I read the comments & then may be doing something else whilst carrying on my listening

MilesLEVEL 52

Reply by MilesGOLD

Oh yes...& just through the speakers on the laptop

donnyxxxLEVEL 25

Reply by donnyxxx

i usually use my ears

SuzieQ992-Reaper51

Reply by SuzieQ992-Reaper51

A cute thread and some great questions, hi Caterina

To record:

- With headphones
- Use IE7 and Google Chrome always
(less issues with timing but I would still like to see this
improved)
- I don't adjust the soundcard to record other than
turning down the "wave" sometimes when the music is
too loud

To listen:

- 50% headphones & 50% through the speakers
- I use Internet Explorer to listen the majority of the time
- Once again, I don't adjust my soundcard to hear people
but I quite often have to turn the singsnap players
voulme level or my speaker volume down to enjoy
most recordings at a comfortable level

I am also a confirmed addict, lol

bbettyLEVEL 42

Reply by bbettyPATRON

I like singing without a headset best...but I sing very off-key, almost tone def really, so sometimes I get lazy and hide being pitchy by smothering my voice in reverb.

I usually sing on headphones late at night though.

And I listen on surround sound speakers typically, unless it's late, then I use headphones for that too.

Jubi

Reply by Jubi

I listen and record with headphones. The sound is awesome. Not to mention, one of my monitor speakers is blown out.

Jubi

Reply by Jubi

I like singing without a headset best...but I sing very off-key, almost tone def really, so sometimes I get lazy and hide being pitchy by smothering my voice in reverb.

I usually sing on headphones late at night though.

And I listen on surround sound speakers typically, unless it's late, then I use headphones for that too.bipolarbetty

I have never heard you sing off key Betty. I love your voice. Infact I wish I could sing like you.

Jubi

Reply by Jubi

i usually use my earsdonnyxxx

LOL @Donny

REALLYMADLEVEL 4

Reply by REALLYMAD

When you find out what that illness is called...will you let me know? lolcaterina

Jockophobia.

*running...*