Volunteer VIP!

This topic is listed in General Discussion. It has been viewed 948 times and 53 replies have been made.

Next >>
NovellaLEVEL 110

Post by NovellaSTAFF +18 +34

It's beginning to look a lot like Snapkus!

Thank-You To Our Volunteer VIP Hellkat!

Kat is the constant of the chat room! She is fun, upbeat and always there to help her fellow admins. She is spunky, out going and she is a total blast to have around. She is super versatile and talented and has a soft spot in her heart for sad country songs! Thanks for being a riot and always making the room fun, Kat!

An Interview - With Mindy!

The SingSnap volunteer family is comprised of very special people from across the globe who contribute their time, patience and passion into making SingSnap as fun as possible! Please read the interview below to get a glimpse into the life of this month's Volunteer VIP!

Question One: How do you become a member of SingSnap and what inspired you to volunteer?

I wanted to sing, so I think I just googled online karaoke and SingSnap was one of the first ones I found. It didn't take me long to want to sign up for Gold membership. I can't remember exactly when I found chat, but I do remember going in one day and being greeted really warmly. The admins were really helpful and helped me get set up to sing live. After I got addicted to chat, Arra asked me if I'd be interested in being an admin and, because I love chat, I said yes. Even after I stopped being an admin the first time, I was still addicted to chat and frequented it daily, sometimes for hours. I had really enjoyed being an admin, so when Mike asked if I'd come back, I said yes and here we are.

Question Two: What is your favorite genre of music and what is your favorite song?

I'll really sing just about anything, but I suppose pop or rock would be my favourite genre. My favourite song is Bohemian Rhapsody, though I've never actually sung it on SingSnap, because it's a hard one to do alone. I guess my favourite song to sing would be something that I can really stretch my vocals on, like Here's To Us, I Am the Fire, or something by a big voice, like Celine Dion's All Coming Back to Me Now.

Question Three: If you could sing with someone famous, who would it be and why?

Brendon Urie from Panic! at the Disco, because the dude is RIDICULOUSLY talented, with a range that most people would kill for. He's a really great songwriter and plays most instruments, too. A real musical genius, in my humble opinion.

Question Four: Tell us one interesting fact about yourself that people may be surprised to know.

Oh, god. I don't think there is anything interesting about me at all. I guess the thing that surprises most people is how old I am. That's probably a good thing, but yeah, I'm 43 this year. Oh, I suppose that most people would be surprised to find out I'm a devout Catholic, because I have such a dark and naughty sense of humour.

Question Five: What is your greatest SingSnap memory or experience?

The Snappy's 2017 - I was part of the group that helped shift through the nominations and I had such a great time doing it, and a great night in chat the night they were on. It was awesome, as a relative newcomer to chat, to see all the oldtimers and pioneers of chat come back for the night. It was manic, but a lot of fun.

Question Six: Is being a volunteer what you expected? More difficult? Easier?

I didn't really have many expectations, because I never thought anyone would ask me to volunteer, but I find being an admin easy. I mean, I would be hanging out in chat most of the time anyway, so for me it's just an added bonus of being able to offer assistance to anyone new and hang out with my friends and just have fun.

Question Seven: Who in your life has influenced you the most? How did they do it?

My dad was a huge influence on me. He was a really quiet guy that didn't really feel comfortable talking about his feelings, but he was really passionate at the same time. I suppose it's his quiet strength, amazing sense of integrity and ability to laugh at any and all situations that I try to live up to. I also got my passion for music from him, and it was often him that encouraged me to keep going when I found things too hard and wanted to quit.

Question Eight: If someone were to make a movie about your life, who would you hope would play you?

Rachel Weisz, cause she's smart, funny and beautiful, everything I hope I am.

Question Nine: If you were asked to summarize your volunteer experience on SingSnap in one word, what word would that be? And why?

Fun! I very rarely spend an evening or day in chat without have some really good belly laughs. Every day is filled with great music, good friends and some great laughs.

Check Out Our VIP's Recordings!

Here are a few hand-picked performances by our Volunteer VIP! Check them out and share the love!

Death of a Bachelor - Panic At The Disco
Ave Maria - Franz Schubert
Oh! Darling - The Beatles

This Is Your Banner!

You've earned it! Feel free to use place this on your profile using the code below, put it in your gallery or just look at it ;) It's yours for the keeping!

[img]http://media.singsnap.com/images/kat__vip15_bn.png[/img]

-Bev-LEVEL 102

Reply by -Bev-SPECIAL-EVENTS +1

Come and join the fun in the Singsnap Chorus forum/topic/b4196354

Wooooo Hooooooo CONGRATULATIONS on your VIP ....and thank you for all the wonderful things you do to make Singsnap a great place to be....

SILLIESARALEVEL 101

Reply by SILLIESARAGOLD

congrats Kat

SingingRainbowLEVEL 105

Reply by SingingRainbowSPECIAL-EVENTS +5 +7

J&D's Calendar girls 1 Merry Christmas Elvis song contest *Right here!!

Congratulations to you girl!! Enjoy your time in the spotlight!! Well deserved

AMY-LEVEL 44

Reply by AMY-GOLD

mindy, i am so proud of you!. you deserve this so much. you are an awesome admin and a great friend! i am so happy for you!

trojan55LEVEL 111

Reply by trojan55PATRON +5 +17

Feeling better, but, not up to 100 % yet > Will return all visits over the weekend

Congrats ..

cannotsing24LEVEL 105

Reply by cannotsing24 +4 +4

Congrats and thanks Kat,,,,,,,,

jikboiLEVEL 55

Reply by jikboiCHAT-ADMIN +3

woot congrats Kat!

Lildarlin520LEVEL 54

Reply by Lildarlin520CHAT-ADMIN +3

Congrats miss Kat!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tattooed_AngelLEVEL 69

Reply by Tattooed_AngelCHAT-ADMIN

congrats doll xxxxxxxxxxxxx muahhhh

__Angels__LEVEL 107

Reply by __Angels__GOLD +3

Duet -A -Thon:forum/topic/af12fc2c

Congrats Kat!!!

Bucks_FizzLEVEL 108

Reply by Bucks_FizzGOLD +1

Congrats.

SingSnap_EventsLEVEL 64

Reply by SingSnap_EventsSPECIAL-EVENTS +4 +2

Come join our DUET-A-THON on Friday!! Don't miss out!! Unlimited duets! Bring your friends!!

Congratulations!!!!!

Cinnamon1965LEVEL 104

Reply by Cinnamon1965SPECIAL-EVENTS +1

Congratulations!!!!!!!

ChuckcLEVEL 81

Reply by ChuckcGOLD

Congratulations Kat

Rainbow-SunshineLEVEL 107

Reply by Rainbow-SunshineSPECIAL-EVENTS

What a day! Now a 7 hr Events shift, BUT at least I am here!!!

Congrats Kat Way to shine, girl

starfire411LEVEL 94

Reply by starfire411 +5

Steve-GLEVEL 90

Reply by Steve-GCHAT-ADMIN

Congrats Mindy. Hope you have an awesome day.

sxy_songbirdLEVEL 58

Reply by sxy_songbirdCHAT-ADMIN

Congratulations Mindy!!!
you are an amazing lady and so deserve this
hugs...dodi

GlynnisLEVEL 105

Reply by GlynnisGOLD

Congratulations and thanks for volunteering for SS.
Great Interview.

VitaminDeeLEVEL 97

Reply by VitaminDeePATRON +2

Hey congratulations and thank you for everything you do

starsearchLEVEL 104

Reply by starsearchGOLD +10

congrats

vee-speck

Reply by vee-speckGOLD

'Grats Kat!! ^5!

Little-mitchyLEVEL 38

Reply by Little-mitchyGOLD

Love you sweetie, you deserve this xxxx

HappyBunnyLEVEL 49

Reply by HappyBunnyCHAT-ADMIN

Showing my silly side for a contest. take a look r/bba582ec1

Congratulations HellKat. Much love to you! - Bunny hugs

MaxyWaxyLEVEL 93

Reply by MaxyWaxyGOLD

Congrats Kat, well deserved
Maxy

ChandaLEVEL 84

Reply by ChandaCHAT-ADMIN +4 +3

Congrats katcake!!

ButcherbhoyLEVEL 68

Reply by ButcherbhoyCHAT-ADMIN

Gday Kat,well done lass,you deserve it!

Bear50LEVEL 91

Reply by Bear50GOLD +6

GO COWBOYS now we are in 1st place in NFC EAST We Take on the COLTS Next Sunday GO BOYS

Congrats*S*

newfietinaLEVEL 90

Reply by newfietinaGOLD

MERRY CHRISTMAS N HAPPY 2019 EVERYONEXXOO

CONGRATS MINDY SWEETIE...ENJOYYOUR SPITLIGHT..BIG HUGGSSSS<333

BillO1405LEVEL 62

Reply by BillO1405GOLD

Congratulations Kat, and thank you for all you do

Bill

CurlyshirleyLEVEL 96

Reply by CurlyshirleyGOLD

Congratulations to the only other person i have heard use the expression "belly laugh" on here, other than myself lol

Enjoy your VIP month hun.

Lv Shirl.
xxxxxxx

Sensy1950LEVEL 81

Reply by Sensy1950GOLD

congratulations on this honor

eza51172LEVEL 5

Edited reply by eza51172

This reply has been moderated due to spam.

kentuckytrueLEVEL 67

Reply by kentuckytrueGOLD +4

Congrats Kat! Great Job!

Mike_StarLEVEL 92

Reply by Mike_StarCHAT-ADMIN

Well deserved kat...I wouldn’t trade ya for anything...congrats on this honor:)

softnsweet372006LEVEL 93

Reply by softnsweet372006CHAT-ADMIN +4

Can't believe I'm being outed for being naughty!! pfft :P ;)

Congrats HellKatyeah! Very well deserved. You're always there to bring a bit of spice and everything naughty n nice to the chat!

amor14344LEVEL 99

Reply by amor14344 +3

Congratulations...

DonnieB8944LEVEL 54

Reply by DonnieB8944CHAT-ADMIN +3

Congratulations Kat.!! You set the bar high for everyone else. challenge accepted.!!!!

Very Well Deserved.!!

TheSingingMan5473LEVEL 100

Reply by TheSingingMan5473GOLD

"Congrats Kat.......................You With That Beautiful Singing Voice Will Go Along Ways!!! God Bless!!!! Hugs!! -Rick-

Aprildr_47LEVEL 92

Reply by Aprildr_47GOLD +5

Congratulations Kat...

TOLERANCEOFZERO

Reply by TOLERANCEOFZEROGOLD

HAPPYHOLIDAYS!!TO EVERYONE!!!!

awwwwwwww~~~ couldn't of picked a sweeter person ~

DevilessLEVEL 103

Reply by DevilessCHAT-ADMIN

congratz kat, well deserved

SadsgirlLEVEL 30

Reply by SadsgirlGOLD

Congrats, Helly! X

starsearchLEVEL 104

Reply by starsearchGOLD +10

congrats

VGFan4LifeLEVEL 103

Reply by VGFan4LifeGOLD

I am officially done with grad school!! YAY!!! Will catch up with you all ASAP! <3

Congrats!!

PetesecretLEVEL 84

Reply by PetesecretGOLD

congrats dear Kat hun xxxxxx

MaryW2832LEVEL 101

Reply by MaryW2832GOLD

Thank you Kat!!!!

FridaysChildLEVEL 42

Reply by FridaysChildGOLD +1

Congrats;)

weieastLEVEL 98

Reply by weieastGOLD

Busy season, trying to make time to listen. Happy holiday season and Happy New Year 2019

Congrats to you and thank you very much for all that you do, we appreciate it very much and wish you the best....have a good week end.....Susan:)

Annie_MusicLEVEL 101

Edited reply by Annie_MusicGOLD

Congrats Kat! A great interview and thanks for being so awesome for everyone at Snap! Thank you

Next >>