This topic is listed in Beliefs - Archive.
It has been viewed 880 times and 10 replies have been made.

Darlingrose44

Edited post by Darlingrose44

He convicts: The Spirit places the truth of the Gospel in a clear light before the unsaved person so that the individual acknowledges it as truth. The Holy Spirit reminds the sinner that if he refuses to receive the Saviour, he will face certain judgment. The Holy Spirit deals with unsaved persons by convincing them of their lost condition. He puts the pressure on; He brings tears to the eyes. He makes sinners ill-at-ease when the salvation message is presented.

He regenerates: The Spirit imparts life to those who will respond to the conditions of salvation (Titus 3:5). The “renewing” (the new life) is of the Holy Spirit. The word “regeneration” in Titus 3:5 is the same as the phrase “born again” in John 3:3 (in the Greek text). When a person exercises repentance toward God and faith in Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit makes him a new creation.

He baptizes: Spirit baptism is the act by which the Holy Spirit unites the one who believes and repents-with the mystical Body of Christ (1 Corinthians 12:13). The first Spirit-baptism occurred on the Day of Pentecost (compare Acts 1:5 with Acts 11: 15-16). Today every believer in Christ in the moment of his regeneration shares in that baptism. Each believer is baptized by the Spirit only once. The aorist Greek tense in 1 Corinthians 12:13 indicates an experience that is not repeated. The baptism of the Holy Spirit is a quiet act on the part of the Spirit which gives the Christian a position in the Body of Christ.

He indwells: The Holy Spirit actually comes into the heart of the newborn child of God to abide there (1 Corinthians 3:16). The Christian is really indwelt by the Father (Ephesians 4:6), by the Son (Galatians 2:20), and by the Holy Spirit (1 Corinthians 6:19). Our bodies are headquarters for God here on the earth; our hearts are His sanctuary.
Have you experienced the Holy Spirit at work?

http://www.brfwitness.org/?p=547

opti_mystic_521

Reply by opti_mystic_521

I feel the Holy Spirit all the time. For some they may call it their conscience. If I do anything that may hurt someone in maybe the way I spoke to them, I feel a deep conviction in my heart. Not guilt, a conviction. If I do something that I know the Lord would not approve of that conviction is there.

I also feel the presence of the Holy Spirit in sad times in my life when I needed comforting

rojerio

Reply by rojerioGOLD

I feel the Holy Spirit all the time. For some they may call it their conscience. If I do anything that may hurt someone in maybe the way I spoke to them, I feel a deep conviction in my heart. Not guilt, a conviction. If I do something that I know the Lord would not approve of that conviction is there.

I also feel the presence of the Holy Spirit in sad times in my life when I needed comforting opti_mystic_521

solace is granted to you by the holy bird because of the turmoil it has creatd for you.

GlaszEyes

Reply by GlaszEyesGOLD

Attract what you expect, reflect what you desire, become what you respect, mirror what you admire.

Satan creates turmoil not the Holy Spirit... even you know that.

rojerio

Edited reply by rojerioGOLD

Satan creates turmoil not the Holy Spirit... even you know that.Shanda

Satan does not exist. Neither does the holy bird.
If you believe that they do that is the source of your turmoil.....your beliefs.

Mishamay

Reply by MishamayGOLD

If you believe that they do that is the source of your turmoil.....your beliefs.rojerio

Prove they don't exist in a spiritual sense.

You can't because you don't believe.

You're entitled to your beliefs, and so is Shanda.

Mishamay

Reply by MishamayGOLD

I'm going for a ride on my unicorn now. We're meeting Pegasus for coffee.

DON'T tell me nuthin' about nuthin', I'm not in the mood. lol ;-P

rojerio

Reply by rojerioGOLD

If you believe that they do that is the source of your turmoil.....your beliefs.rojerio

Prove they don't exist in a spiritual sense.

You can't because you don't believe.

You're entitled to your beliefs, and so is Shanda. Mishamay

Weak!

GlaszEyes

Reply by GlaszEyesGOLD

Attract what you expect, reflect what you desire, become what you respect, mirror what you admire.

The meek shall inherit the Earth.

rojerio

Edited reply by rojerioGOLD

The meek shall inherit the Earth.

Shanda

and you believe that, doncha?

GlaszEyes

Reply by GlaszEyesGOLD

Absolutely.