Voice type help

This topic is listed in Singing & Songwriting Tips. It has been viewed 362 times and 7 replies have been made.

Bel-JayLEVEL 89

Post by Bel-Jay

Could anyone recommend someone who could give me a brief voice appraisal. It is not a critique of a specific song, more that I would like to know my voice type, colour,depth, range etc. I have looked online and it is so difficult to know who to go to. I thought maybe a personal recommendation would be the way forward.
Thank you in advance.
Belinda

-Chez-

Reply by -Chez-

Well Vitamindee is very good singer and has good advice, maybe ask her

Bel-JayLEVEL 89

Reply by Bel-Jay

Thank you! ^^^^^^ Belinda

rbonecrusherLEVEL 85

Reply by rbonecrusherGOLD

You have a voice with good range and quality, it is much better than mine. I sing because I like to and it helps my COPD. Pro singers sound so good because of practice and good sound engineers. I listen to my songs the next day and boy do I find the flaws, and I hope to do better each time I do that song. I do better on songs that I like, and sometimes it just is a day where I feel better about singing. All that really matters is do you like your singing and is it fun. If you sing your own style you will improve and gather a following. If you have a piano hit the key and match it with your voice, you will improve and have a deeper love of music.
Ray

Bel-JayLEVEL 89

Reply by Bel-Jay

Thank you for your comment..I know what you mean about doing better on songs you like, same with me.

RobbGLEVEL 56

Reply by RobbGGOLD

Hey Belinda, this might help you to get an idea of your range and what you are classified as:

Bel-JayLEVEL 89

Reply by Bel-Jay

Thank you! ^^^ Belinda

StanleyChristianLEVEL 17

Reply by StanleyChristian

Thank you! ^^^ Belinda Bel-Jay

That video is very handy indeed!