Taste Of Country!

This topic is listed in General Discussion. It has been viewed 2,289 times and 219 replies have been made.

<< Prev  
SingingRainbowLEVEL 106

Reply by SingingRainbowSPECIAL-EVENTS +9

J&D's Country girls @ heart#98 in auditions NOW! Click here ladies!

by Singing Rainbow

Country Music: music derived from or imitating the folk style of the Southern U.S. or of the Western cowboy especially : popular vocal music characterized by simple harmonies, accompaniment by stringed instruments (such as guitar, fiddle, banjo, and pedal steel), repeated choruses, and often narrative lyrics. (Merriam-Webster Dictionary)

SingSnap has music in every genre which is appreciated and loved by people from every corner of the earth. With that said, it is undeniable that one genre tends to be more popular here than any others. While there are some that have given country music a run for their money and even won a time or two - the majority of our Genre-Themed challenges has Country music winning by landslide!

Why Do People Like Country Music So Much?

For me, as far as I can remember, country music has always been my "go to place", where I could be alone with my feelings and sing about what was going on with me. When you listen to a country song, you can hear someone's heart in every song. Mine like many of yours has been broken many of times, has felt alone, lost and overwhelmed and even scared. Country music is the kind of music that will instantly give you the comfort you need. It can make you laugh or it can make you cry. It can make dance or it can make you sigh.

When I was growing up, the first songs I heard were those of Ms Patsy Cline, Connie Smith, Tammy Wynette , Loretta Lynn and Dolly Parton then came Dottie West and Barbara Mandrell. So many came after these legends, these grand dames of country music have forged a place in country music history that is theirs and theirs alone. Many will try to be like them and many will just honor their name. Others will be legends and will be remembered for decades to come. This is just how country music became important and popular to me. Growing up, We listened to many male country artists too. We could hear Charley Pride, Johnny Cash, Eddy Arnold, Marty Robbins and many others. I guess you could say country music rocked my childhood and it became the music I related to the most. That's what I still love about it today.

It's relatable. It tells a story. Whether it be a happy song, a sad one, one that makes just want to dance and forget everything or the song that will inspire you to be "humble and kind" as sings Tim McGraw. There's a country song for everyone. It's a multi-emotion kind of music that touches the hearts of young and old. It's music from the heart , music of the soul.

Why Do People Relate To Country Music?

Because it's "people music". It's simple. It tells a story. You can listen to it anywhere , the melodies are catchy and some songs are great for parties, gatherings and dances and some are just right for those "quiet moments" or those times where you need to apologize for something you might have done wrong.

Yes, country music also has the best love songs too!! So many have walked down the aisle with many of them.... Almost every experience you have can be found in a song. There may be moments when you feel so completely alone and lost until you hear a sweet country tune on the radio and you suddenly realize - you're not alone. Country music connects us in ways that reach people to their very core.

Even if country music isn't your genre of choice, do you have a country song that means a lot to you? Tell us what it is!

Thanks For Sharing!

BenwizardLEVEL 57

Reply by BenwizardGOLD

Country music was some of the first music I was able to sing along with. It usually fits my vocal range pretty well. I worked for some time on a big farm in North Dakota (though I am actually from California) and country music was very popular there so I ended up listening to a lot of it and eventually singing some of it. It got to be a favorite style of mine.

I sing some country here on SS and I usually get some pretty favorable reactions from folks, which is always nice. There is a very nice selection of country songs to sing, so I will continue to do some as time goes along, though these days I have been branching out to other genres as well.

A favorite country song of mine is Charlie Prides Kiss An Angel Good Morning which I tried no too long ago. I saw a tv special about Mr. Pride and thought I would try one of his songs. It seems to have turned out pretty well.

I also like the works of Willie Nelson. I did a version of his Angel Flying Too Close To The Ground a while back and have gotten lots of positive comments on it.

freddybruceLEVEL 100

Reply by freddybruceGOLD

Country music is what I love to sing...especially the classics....Good stuff...

DescantoLEVEL 53

Reply by DescantoPATRON

Some other genres are probably better than Country for going wild or "letting your freak flag fly"; but, Country music and/or Gospel music can't be beat for bringing everything back to the Reality we all must live within. For example, whenever I think about the sometimes "brow-beating" side of Marriage, I only have to listen to Vern Gosdin's "Chiseled In Stone" or Bobby Goldsboro's "Honey" and immediately I can't help but count my blessings. Also, Country music has a lot of songs that can be shared by entire families. Generally, the Country music genre tends to keep the lyrics clean and "child safe". Remember I said generally. Anyway, Good topic......

big_wolfpawsLEVEL 47

Reply by big_wolfpawsGOLD

Not my go to style but some country songs are fun.

notevolvedLEVEL 50

Reply by notevolvedGOLD

Just remember... What happens on the internet, stays on the internet... FOREVER! ;)

I grew up on country listening to my uncle's band. He gave me love for country as well as my love for singing. I enjoy most all genres of music, but country is where it all began. I love the Taste of Country group hear on SS as well.

mouser2youLEVEL 47

Reply by mouser2youGOLD

I grew up on Country music. My favorites were Dolly Parton and Marty Robbins were my favorites and I still love older country! Great music and great article!

chi-townguyLEVEL 51

Reply by chi-townguyGOLD +1

I’ve tried singing Country music but it’s not really my thing. No disrespect to country music

Ohsusieq2

Reply by Ohsusieq2GOLD

I grew up listening to country music. My mother would play Tammy Wynette, George Jones, Marty Robbins, Johnny Cash, June Carter, Eddy Arnold and so many others. I used to sing along as a young girl. It wasn't till I joined SS that I really started listening to them again. I especially love Tammy Wynette. She was my mother's favorite back then and is my favorite today.

Tricia1968LEVEL 73

Reply by Tricia1968GOLD +1

love me some country!

MillenniaLEVEL 96

Reply by MillenniaGOLD +1

My mother used to play Slim Whitman and occasionally Patsy Cline when I was young so got a feel for Country music from her!

SingingRainbowLEVEL 106

Reply by SingingRainbowSPECIAL-EVENTS +9

J&D's Country girls @ heart#98 in auditions NOW! Click here ladies!

Wonderful posts everyone!! Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts!

rbonecrusherLEVEL 81

Reply by rbonecrusherGOLD

I grew up with country music, and love hearing and singing it today.
Ray

AnneB128LEVEL 102

Reply by AnneB128GOLD

I love country music: new country, pop country, traditional country. But then I love Rock and Roll, alternative, Oldies, classic rock LOL

DawnNeptuneLEVEL 93

Reply by DawnNeptuneGOLD +7

I will be listening to everyone on Saturday.

hummmmm..... Cuuunnntttrrreeeeeeee grew up on it actually. One would think it would be my song of choice to sing... but it does not mean that I don’t love it, or sing it. Cause most definitely do!!

Gary_A

Reply by Gary_AGOLD

I have always loved country music. Grew up with it from an early age. When in the band years ago we played Rock and Roll, however when I branched away and started to perform on my own, I stuck with good old country music. I always enjoyed singing and playing songs made famous by the great artists like Merle Haggard, Buck Owens, George Jones and Don Williams. Enjoyed your article, thanks for posting it..
God Bless.
Gary

2000JLLEVEL 52

Reply by 2000JL

country music is easy to understand the lyrics and the range of emotions can be felt/understood the easiest i believe.

angelicsmile21LEVEL 37

Reply by angelicsmile21

txspicesLEVEL 22

Reply by txspicesGOLD

country I believe is a taste of life, it sings it all. Saddness, happiness it cover just about ever aspect of life.

<< Prev