a Taste of Country

This topic is listed in Challenges & Themes - Active. It has been viewed 511,665 times and 40,354 replies have been made.

yellowRose2013LEVEL 72

Edited reply by yellowRose2013GOLD

PAGE THREE ALREADY? WOW GREAT JOB GUYS AND GALS.. THANK YOU.

yellowRose2013LEVEL 72

Reply by yellowRose2013GOLD

"WELCOME TO A TASTE OF COUNTRY"
ALL COUNTRY ALL THE TIME

I AM RUNNING THIS SITE IN DEDICATION TO THE MEMORY OF THE LATE GREAT MERLE HAGGARD

yellowRose2013LEVEL 72

BANNERS

YOU MAY USE ANY BANNER YOU THINK SUITS YOUR CHOICE OF SONG OR MOOD. PLEASE POST A BANNER ON YOUR SONG AS WELL AS HERE ALONG WITH YOUR SONG LINK, IT WILL HELP DRAW ATTENTION TO YOUR LINK.
THE BANNERS THEMSELVES ARE LINKS AND WILL LINK BACK TO THIS THREAD. I HOPE YOU ENJOY YOUR VISIT AND COME BACK OFTEN. Rose

To post a banner hit the "quote" and then just copy the code for the banner of your choice. i listed the name of the banner under each one to make it easier for you to know which code you are taking. both the banners and the names beneath them will link back to this page.

yellowRose2013LEVEL 72

PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS BANNER IT IS JUST A MARKER SO I KNOW WERE I LEFT OF ON COMMENTS. IF YOU HAVE POSTED A SONG BEFORE THIS POINT AND I HAVE NOT YET LISTENED PLEASE LET ME KNOW. Rose

grant_danielsLEVEL 67

Reply by grant_danielsGOLD

LOL Too Funny Your goona love this one Rose

papaforall

Reply by papaforallGOLD

I HOPE A PRE RECORD IS OK I LOVE THIS SONG AND SKEETER IS MY ALL TIME FAVORITE FEMALE COUNTRY SINGER

Gonna Get Along Without You Now
Skeeter Davis

http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/r/b98c6abe3

JacquelineK

Reply by JacquelineKGOLD

Sing a romantic song forum/topic/c11e5ce6?lastpage=9b1c6

Hello Rose,
Here's my country song
Jacquelinek
Sometimes When We Touch ~ Dottie West
http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/r/c58edaf47

BertaRLLEVEL 71

Reply by BertaRLGOLD

HELLO EVERYONE..SORRY I AM SO LATE..I HAD MOM HAD THE WALK IN CLINIC ALL DAY. SHE HAS PNEUMONIA AGAIN FOR THE THIRD TIME. SHE IS 91 AND IS JUST NOT DOING TOO WELL THIS WEEK. I AM VERY TIRED TOO. I WON'T POST A SONG UNTIL I GET ALL OF MY LISTENS DONE. THANKS FOR LISTENING TO ME AND FOR UNDERSTANDING. HUGS AND LOVE, BERTA

yellowRose2013LEVEL 72

LOL Too Funny Your goona love this one Rose grant_daniels

LMBO... all my kids have been country fans since the seventies.. lol OOPS, dating myself a bit.. nevermind... lol

skytexas

Reply by skytexasGOLD

SORRY, BERTA. I HOPE YOU AND YOUR MOM GET SOME REST.

yellowRose2013LEVEL 72

HELLO EVERYONE..SORRY I AM SO LATE..I HAD MOM HAD THE WALK IN CLINIC ALL DAY. SHE HAS PNEUMONIA AGAIN FOR THE THIRD TIME. SHE IS 91 AND IS JUST NOT DOING TOO WELL THIS WEEK. I AM VERY TIRED TOO. I WON'T POST A SONG UNTIL I GET ALL OF MY LISTENS DONE. THANKS FOR LISTENING TO ME AND FOR UNDERSTANDING. HUGS AND LOVE, BERTABertaRL

No worry's Berta we are not on a time schedule.. Sorry about mom.. I just lost mine in April.. thoughts and prayers going out.. hugs, Rose

skytexas

Edited reply by skytexasGOLD

skytexas

LADIES OF COUNTRY MUSIC

First recorded by Jeannie Seely in 1966
Recorded by many artists including, Etta James and Connie Francis. Many other greats also.

Don't Touch Me -Lorrie Morgan
http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/r/ba604f523

yellowRose2013LEVEL 72

LADIES OF COUNTRY MUSIC

Recorded by many artists including, Etta James and Connie Francis. Many other greats also.skytexas

Link comes back to thread, need the song link??.. It sounds like the song you are planning to sing might be countrified.. If it is not listed as country put it under countrified..
We Need the song link Sonya... thanks, Rose

yellowRose2013LEVEL 72

I AM CALLING IT A NIGHT.. I FEEL LIKE I AM GOING INTO BRONCHITIS AGAIN.. IF I CAN ILL BE BACK IN THE MORNING.. KEEP POSTING AND LISTENING.. GOOD NIGHT .... Rose

PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS BANNER IT IS JUST A MARKER SO I KNOW WERE I LEFT OF ON COMMENTS. IF YOU HAVE POSTED A SONG BEFORE THIS POINT AND I HAVE NOT YET LISTENED PLEASE LET ME KNOW. Rose

skytexas

Reply by skytexasGOLD

LADIES OF COUNTRY MUSIC

Recorded by many artists including, Etta James and Connie Francis. Many other greats also.skytexas

Link comes back to thread, need the song link??.. It sounds like the song you are planning to sing might be countrified.. If it is not listed as country put it under countrified..
We Need the song link Sonya... thanks, RoseyellowRose2013

No this is straight up country before 1990
I still cannot get the banner to link

skytexas

Reply by skytexasGOLD

Go to bed, get better. I will keep figuring this out. IF this is not Ladies of Country, it will definitely be Classic Country Written by Hank Cochran , Jeannie Seely's husband. Buck Owens intended to record it, but Hank gave it to Jeannie

OldCountry2LEVEL 60

Reply by OldCountry2GOLD

yellowRose2013LEVEL 72

Up at 4:00 am too sick to sing.. so here is an old one..
I am going to have a cup of hot tea for throat and go back to bed.. UGGG I hate being sick... Ill check back in the morning..

An Eagle when she Flies
Dolly Parton
http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/r/b677e34b9

SilverWillowLEVEL 56

Edited reply by SilverWillowGOLD

url=http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/forum/topic/ba19e692]

Hi Rose....thanks for the invite....the song you commented on is from an oldies contest and the version is by Connie Francis...but we all know this is a great CONTRIFIED song....I'm not sure if I'm suppose to put a banner with this when I post, but you can guide me along....thanks again Carole

Hello to all my friends on here!!!

Tennessee Waltz
Connie Francis
http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/r/b594ce06f

yellowRose2013LEVEL 72

WELCOME TO A TASTE OF COUNTRY.. All types and styles of country are welcome here.. I have not really set any rules as of this time but I am asking please if you post here chose one of the banners provided here in the thread. Post it both here with your song link and on your song. Instructions on how to use the banners if you need them are at the bottom of the banner list. The banners are links and will link back to the thread so others can find us..
***Also for every song you drop here please make sure you listen to a couple of songs posted here by other singers.. We all like to be heard..
I am pretty sick right now so I might not be doing much here for a day or two... Please continue posting your great country music and listening to what others bring.. You are all doing an amazing job, Keep up the good work.
I will check back later. Rose

skytexas

Hi Rose....thanks for the invite....the song you commented on is from an oldies contest and the version is by Connie Francis...but we all know this is a great CONTRIFIED song....I'm not sure if I'm suppose to put a banner with this when I post, but you can guide me along....thanks again Carole

Tennessee Waltz
Connie Francis
http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/r/b594ce06fSilverWillow

HI, CAROLE. GOOD TO SEE YOU HERE. YES, ROSE WANTS A BANNER ON EVERY SONG. ALSO A BANNER AND THE LINK BELOW IT WHEN YOU POST IN THE REPLY BOX. I THINK YOU GOT THE RIGHT BANNER. JUST TRYING TO HELP, SINCE ROSE IS SICK. . I'M STILL WORKING ON LINKING THE BANNER, MYSELF.

yellowRose2013LEVEL 72

Tennessee Waltz
Connie Francis
http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/r/b594ce06f

Yes, use the banner both here to draw attention to your song link and on the song itself because the banners are links and will hopefully lead country folk down the trail to find us..

CAROL Yes.. The song you posted could also been used with the "Countrified" banner.. I am not going to be picky about which banner is used, they will all link back to us here... Great sing.. Welcome to the thread.. Rose

yellowRose2013LEVEL 72

Sonya you may have to download Google Chrome to get the banners?? There were a lot of things I could not do here on IE and windows new EDGE.. with the edge the player didnt work.. In the mean time post the banners it wont matter if they dont link back... hugs, RoseOK GOING BACK TO BED...

skytexas

Reply by skytexasGOLD

I have google chrome. Just crazy how it is doing. If it can be done, I'll get it eventually. Get rest!

yellowRose2013LEVEL 72

GOOD MORNING ALL... OH MAN, REALLY QUIET THIS MORNING.. I'M SORRY I CANT BE MORE HANDS ON TODAY.. I AM ON MY WAY TO THE DOCTORS.. I HAVE A BROKEN IMMUNE SYSTEM AND WHEN I GET SICK IT TURNS INTO BRONCHITIS AND PNEUMONIA REALLY FAST SO I HAVE TO KEEP A HANDLE ON IT.. I WILL TRY TO CHECK IN LATER.. KEEP POSTING YOUR GREAT COUNTRY MUSIC AND I WILL LISTEN TO ALL LATER THIS EVENING..
HUGS, Rose

MikeIIILEVEL 108

Edited reply by MikeIIIGOLD

Rest In Peace, Dansolman and to COVID-19 victims*** 2771 songs uploaded.

yellowRose2013LEVEL 72

freespirit_txLEVEL 82

Reply by freespirit_tx

Hope having a new entry will help you feel better, Rose!

freespirit_tx~
Makin' Believe ~ Kitty Wells (1955)
http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/r/beb0151ff

yellowRose2013LEVEL 72

Hope having a new entry will help you feel better, Rose!

freespirit_tx~
Makin' Believe ~ Kitty Wells (1955)
http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/r/beb0151ff

Absolutely it will...... Welcome Rose.. the more the merrier. Your name Rose also or am I reading that wrong? lol
I just walked in the door have to take meds etc.. Back to listen later.. Rose

freespirit_txLEVEL 82

Reply by freespirit_tx

You're Rose, I'm Barbara!

You take it easy as long as you need to & listen when you can!

yellowRose2013LEVEL 72

You take it easy as long as you need to & listen when you can!freespirit_tx

LOL... you put a coma after the sentence then wrote Rose like it was a signiture..
Feel better, Rose! hehehe... What is so funny is my name is not Rose it is actually Barbara lol.
Back story I am writer/poet my pen name is shallimarRose.. Back in the early myspace days everyone called me shallimar.. Then I moved to another site and they were too lazy to write shallimar so they began to call me Rose.. it stuck.. The name came from shalimar (my favorite perfume) and Rose was mothers name.. Here in my real world I am Barbara but online I prefer Rose....Nice to meet you.. Since everyone in my online world already calls me Rose I needed a name with that in it.. Thus the yellowRose2013.. smiles

freespirit_txLEVEL 82

Reply by freespirit_tx

LOL... you put a coma after the sentence then wrote Rose like it was a signiture..
Feel better, Rose! hehehe... What is so funny is my name is not Rose it is actually Barbara lol.
Back story I am writer/poet my pen name is shallimarRose.. Back in the early myspace days everyone called me shallimar.. Then I moved to another site and they were too lazy to write shallimar so they began to call me Rose.. it stuck.. The name came from shalimar (my favorite perfume) and Rose was mothers name.. Here in my real world I am Barbara but online I prefer Rose....Nice to meet you..
yellowRose2013

We were destined to be friends!!

yellowRose2013LEVEL 72

OK SO AS I SUSPECTED I HAVE BRONCHITIS AGAIN... I HAVE IT ABOUT EVERY THIRD MONTH.. ASTHMATIC AND COPD.. ALSO AN EAR AND THROAT INFECTION.. i GOT A SHOT OF STEROIDS AND FOUR PRESCRIPTIONS.. I CAN STILL BE HERE TO LISTEN AND COMMENT AND REPLY TO QUESTIONS BUT OBVIOUSLY I WILL NOT BE SINGING...

yellowRose2013LEVEL 72

NEW BANNER.. OPINIONS PLEASE..
I would like to know what you all think of this idea? This banner can be used to post any genre on this thread but only on Mondays between noon and midnight and your song must have this banner posted on the thread with your link as well as on your song... Mondays are sometimes slow.. This would be a chance to bring our attention to some of your other great songs not covered under Country... ???Of course good old classic country will always be the main focus and that can be posted anytime including Monday's... do you think this might work??

JacquelineK

Reply by JacquelineKGOLD

Stopping in to show some love to my fellow Country singers

yellowRose2013LEVEL 72

Why thank ya kindly... smile... Jackie as a country singer and lover tell me what you think of the idea of this new banner?? Thanks, Rose

JacquelineK

Reply by JacquelineKGOLD

JacquelineK

Reply by JacquelineKGOLD

Why thank ya kindly... smile... Jackie as a country singer and lover tell me what you think of the idea of this new banner?? Thanks, Rose

I think it's a good idea. Gives people a chance to sing any genre on Mondays...

papaforall

Edited reply by papaforallGOLD

I cant use a banner don't have the code
This is an OPEN DUET
please join me and make it complete

That's The Way Love Goes
Merle Haggard & Jewel

http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/r/bd9b4d2cf

yellowRose2013LEVEL 72

I cant use a banner don't have the code
This is an OPEN DUET
please join me and make it complete

That's The Way Love Goes
Merle Haggard & Jewel

http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/r/bd9b4d2cfpapaforall

Randy you just hit quote under the list of banners and copy the code for the banner you want.. The banners are links and each banner says what it is for under it to make it easier to find.. I hope this helps.. Rose

AnnieK5659LEVEL 57

Edited reply by AnnieK5659GOLD

Classic Country
Cold Cold Heart
Hank Williams
http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/r/bc7b58ea7

yellowRose2013LEVEL 72

PULLING AND USING BANNER CODES

I am trying to make pulling banners as easy as possible for you. It's pretty simple really if your browser allows it.. I use Google Chrome.. To post a banner just hit the "quote"button at the bottom of the banner list.. Copy the code for the banner you have chosen to best fit your song choice.... I have listed the name of each banner below it to make it easier for you to find the banner code you are using. The banners as well as the names beneath them will link back to this page. Keep in mind the top group banner can be used on any and all country songs so if you wanted to you could just use that one banner for everything.. The other more specific banners are just to give a variety of options... Its just a matter of choice thank you, Rose

yellowRose2013LEVEL 72

Classic Country
Cold Cold Heart
Hank Williams
http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/r/bc7b58ea7AnnieK5659

I made it pretty simple to pull a banner..you just hit quote under the list of banners and copy the code for the banner you want.. The banners are links and each banner says what it is for under it to make it easier to find.. I hope this helps.. Rose

yellowRose2013LEVEL 72

I WILL COMMENT IN THE MORNING.. MEDICINE HAS CODEINE IN IT...FEELING PRETTY BAD.. BACK TOMORROW TO COMMENT ON THESE FEW AND ANY NEW ONES, Rose

yellowRose2013LEVEL 72

SITTING UP WORKING.. I NEED A BREATHING TREATMENT AND CAN'T TAKE ONE UNTIL 3:00 AM ... I AM ON WEST COAST TIME SO ITS ONLY 1:20 HERE.... BOO HOO

yellowRose2013LEVEL 72

Hi Rose you can chose which one you like to put on your sight,
here is Mine , thought I would add greeneyes83

Help me make it Through the night By Martina McBride
http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/r/b16a344c3

CONGRATULATIONS TO GREENEYES83 FOR BEING THE FIRST
"TOO GOOD TO MISS" CHOICE...
THESE WILL BE PLAY LISTED... hostess Rose

yellowRose2013LEVEL 72

Back story I am writer/poet my pen name is shallimarRose.. Back in the early myspace days everyone called me shallimar.. Then I moved to another site and they were too lazy to write shallimar so they began to call me Rose.. it stuck The name came from shalimar (my favorite perfume) and Rose was mothers name.. Here in my real world I am Barbara but online I prefer Rose....Nice to meet you.. Since everyone in my online world already calls me Rose I needed a name with Rose in it and yellow roses are my favorite flower Thus the yellowRose2013.. smiles
yellowRose2013

We were destined to be friends!! freespirit_tx

Yeppers!!!!! LOL

yellowRose2013LEVEL 72

grant_danielsLEVEL 67

Reply by grant_danielsGOLD