SingSnap Mobile App/Website

This topic is listed in Website Suggestions.
It has been viewed 22,073 times and 100 replies have been made.

- Next
Leonna

Edited post by Leonna

I believe SingSnap could really benefit from having a mobile version of itself! You could listen to recordings, read the message boards, and send/receive PMs, and whatever else a mobile version would support.

I personally have an iPhone, and there are over 50,000 apps for the iPhone. Seems every influential website has an app on the iPhone. Most are free, some are $0.99, etc. I would so pay $0.99 (or even $4.99 for that matter!) for a SS app! Think of how much revenue that could generate! Or, to be fair to the blue members, they could have a free, ad-supported app, and a non-ad app for $0.99.

Surely there is someone on SS who would be willing to volunteer to write a mobile version for SS, perhaps in return for free gold membership!

It doesn't even have to be an iPhone app. Maybe just a web-based mobile version. The url could be something like http://m.singsnap.com or http://www.singsnap.mobi.

What do you think?

-Tas-

Reply by -Tas-GOLD

oh yeah...I could listen to songs while on my potty break at school

Leonna

Reply by Leonna

lol! Wouldn't that be nice?

Novella

Reply by NovellaSTAFF +29 +59

Sounds like a cool idea Leonna!

ConnieG

Reply by ConnieGGOLD

I can listen to recordings on my mobile phone....
its an INQ¹

Leonna

Reply by Leonna

Oh... well lol my phone doesn't support flash, so anytime I visit a page, instead of the recording I get a blue box with a question mark in it. All I can do is read the message boards and PMs. It would be nice to have a version dedicated to mobile browsers.

Leonna

Reply by Leonna

Nobody else thinks this would be a good idea? lol

Snuggle_Bunny

Reply by Snuggle_BunnyGOLD

I would love to be able to watch/listen to music on my blackberry! I can read my pm's and comments but since there is no flash app available for blackberry and iPhone.. we can't do much else, except comment and answer pm's

ConnieG

Reply by ConnieGGOLD

My phone is better than I think then!!!! lol

Beckylou

Reply by BeckylouGOLD

I agree. There have been many times I've wanted to show people singsnap on my iPhone and have been unable to play them a song or video. I would love it and I also think it would be beneficial to the company.. We need this... Please take this suggestion Trevor!

Chastity

Reply by ChastityGOLD

Haha. Nice. I was sitting in the dentists lobby waiting for my sons appt to be over thinking man I wish I could use this time to listen to everyone. Then today posted a thread about this haha. Maybe I should catch up on forums first

Heh

Miss everyone *hugs*

Okiegirll

Reply by OkiegirllGOLD

this sounds like a wonderful idea...

ariellajem

Reply by ariellajem

/signed

I wish I could listen to recordings on my lunch break. Would be neat to make it a gold sub perk, but I'm not above chucking a few bucks at it.

"Want to listen to your friends sing while on the toilet? There's an app for that."

Calol

Reply by Calol

I have an iphone, and would love to be able to listen! would definitely pay few $ for it!

Breanne273

Reply by Breanne273GOLD

I will say heck yes to this app even if it were 9.99

Chastity

Reply by ChastityGOLD

the problem is making a player that works..
phones dont use flash... =/

alaskaboy

Reply by alaskaboyGOLD

Join me for my Monster Mash! :-)

Hi. This is a great idea. I've wanted to be able to record my karaokes on my iphone. There are recording apps out there for the iphone already, none of them support adding a karaoke track.

The problem is, Steve Jobs hates Adobe for some personal reason, so he refuses to add flash to his iphone and ipads. He is hoping the whole industry will bend to his wishes and adapt html 5.0 which plays flash without flash.

I would pay $10 for a Singsnap app on any mobile phone. I think your best bet is the new Google cell phones coming out. They are open source and will automatically play flash as compared to iphone, which will NEVER play Singsnap.

Even people who are trying to develop appications for the iphone have problems because Apple is so secretive about how the programs codes work on the iphones.

Short answer? Get a Google phone! It will already run the flash necessary to play Singsnap, and has headphone and microphone outputs!

djithm

Reply by djithmGOLD

Singsnap should convert their videos to run via HTML 5 which will allow it to play on the iPhone. Many more iPhone owners and now iPad that could be using singsnap.

musicman2009

Reply by musicman2009GOLD

I second HTML 5. This would be a first for a mobile app for karaoke and Singsnap could start the innovation. Flash will soon be on it's way out as HTML 5 becomes more prevalent in cyberspace.

Mark

Beckylou

Reply by BeckylouGOLD

I gave up on Iphone ever getting flash.. I had a chance to upgrade and I now have a Samsung Galaxy Captivate and I love it!!!! I can play Singsnap videos and share them with my friends.. It's very similar to the Iphone in a lot of the functions but much better in my honest opinion..

Beckylou

Reply by BeckylouGOLD

I gave up on Iphone ever getting flash.. I had a chance to upgrade and I now have a Samsung Galaxy Captivate and I love it!!!! I can play Singsnap videos and share them with my friends.. It's very similar to the Iphone in a lot of the functions but much better in my honest opinion..

Michelle_Loveland

Reply by Michelle_LovelandGOLD

ABSOLUTELY YES!!!

darkenedhaze28

Reply by darkenedhaze28

I think it's a great idea, personally... I'm on my iPad right now and I would love to watch videos but I just can't I'm sad !

KC

Reply by KCGOLD

I can get to Singsnap on my Samsung Galaxy Fascinate & read msg board and different things but cannot play any one's recordings or play a Karaoke song just to show someone how it works or to sing when away from my computer. AN APP would be great!!!! I have some other Karaoke apps on my phone but one is only MIDI songs and not that reliable. We NEED this app...I can't believe no one has done this for SINGSNAP yet!!??? Or, am I mistaken cause I haven't been on here in a while??

MisterBigs

Reply by MisterBigs

I'm for this as well!

cathyj

Reply by cathyjGOLD

It would be awesome if there were a app for iPhone to listen to songs on singsnap!

texasprincess13

Reply by texasprincess13GOLD

yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

pauld2468

Edited reply by pauld2468GOLD

well, you are in luck sort of.

I say sort of because it only works for those who do on "cam" recording and not video. the app is called skyfire. it's $2.99 in the app store. It's a browser like safari that does play flash "Video".

The one problem with it is I found the audio a is a bit off pitch and the video jerks even on Wii-Fi. kind of like listening to really old internet radio stations back in the mid 90's early 2000's but hey it does work.

Since all my recordings are on web cam you can view my recordings as an example on the iphone as long as you make sure you use SS original flash player while using skyfire and not the beta one. you toggle this right above the player window. it finds the video and plays it. that simple. until something better comes around, that's what we have for now.

Good Luck

cowsrock

Reply by cowsrockGOLD

I would love to play singsnap and record as well on my Blackberry Bold, but it dont even have flash player and you cant seem to get an app for it, very sad:-(

iffypresley

Reply by iffypresleyGOLD

i still dont understand why i can play some vids but no sound..and some times it works on both,,,and yet some dont work at all ..like my own songs wont work at all..lol..i know some say its the flash player...but why work on some and not on others..lol..puzzles me...and no one has come up with answer as yet,lol....htc wildfire phone......

would be great if ss could do this...more world
exposure for them...lol...

Vic

Reply by VicPATRON

My Samsung galaxy (Android) plays singsnap videos perfectly

Echo0

Reply by Echo0GOLD

I too would love to at least hear and see the videos on my iPhone. Many times I try to prOmote singsnap and all I would have available in my iPhone. Can't wait till singsnap turns mobile!

-Tas-

Reply by -Tas-GOLD

I listen to singsnap on my galaxy tablet..Very disappointed in Adobe not going forward with flash for mobile devices..Very poor business move on their part.

stimbe1

Reply by stimbe1

Ammm ummmm... not suggesting anybody should do anything hastily but
SS (and flash) does work on iPhone should one care to jailbreak it...
and SS does work on other mobile platforms even without the need of jailbreaking...
I hear LOL!

ilovehouse

Reply by ilovehouse

WTB portable phone tripod when playing acoustic guitar and singing in the SS chatroom on the go. I have been waiting for this for a long time. Years actually, lol! For the longest time I have just taken my laptop with me wherever to jam. This would be much simplier.

mickie1086

Reply by mickie1086

I have a new android phone and *Content Removed* has an app you can do your recording. On your phone. I don't like *Content Removed*. Wish singsnap would get 1.

This reply has been moderated by SingSnap Staff.

Rob

Reply by RobSTAFF +3 +16

I think I'll be Hagrid this Halloween. Thanks to Face in Hole for the "costume". LOL

We're currently working on and testing an app for iPhones. We'll also be working on an Android app too. We don't currently have an estimated completion date though. When we start testing on Android phones we'll post a thread in the General Discussion group asking for testers.

EmmaJane

Reply by EmmaJaneGOLD

Awesome Rob, thanks for the update!

Sign me up to beta test or troubleshoot,
or help in any way you need!

I have an iPhone 4S.

EmmaJane

Rob

Reply by RobSTAFF +3 +16

I think I'll be Hagrid this Halloween. Thanks to Face in Hole for the "costume". LOL

I don't believe Per is looking for anymore iPhone testers right now. You can check out the following thread link for more info though.
http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/forum/topic/bc2384a

Chastity

Reply by ChastityGOLD

the problem is making a player that works..
phones dont use flash... =/Chastity

Lol!!!

Sooooo glad this statement is now wrong!

I'm using my phone right now and listening to recordings as well. If onl I could record on this droid id be a happy girl

DennoDenn

Reply by DennoDennGOLD

There is a web browser called Photon in AppStore.
If you pay $4.99, then your problems will be solved forever.

salsera415

Reply by salsera415

Wow!!! DennoDen was right.... Photon worked like a charm. And actually it's now going for $3.99. Not bad in the meantime, while the app is developed. It works great. Thanks DennoDen.... I am a new member, but love to sing, and I'm glad I can now partake in my guilty pleasure on the go with this app. I'm loving SIngSnap so far and am SOOOOOO excited to post up mah first recording. Hope to make some cool new friends here.!!!

JulieWood

Reply by JulieWoodPATRON +1

Is there a way to make the SS player work on my iPad? Does Photon work on iPad?

Per

Reply by PerSTAFF +3 +1

Photon worked on iPhone for me so it should work on iPad as well.

Vane-viv

Reply by Vane-vivGOLD

oh oh I have an Ipad 2 can I listen to SS on my Ipad with what? Photon???

help me.............. I would love to do my listen while on the go with my Ipad.....

Vivian

Vane-viv

Reply by Vane-vivGOLD

There is a web browser called Photon in AppStore.
If you pay $4.99, then your problems will be solved forever. DennoDenn

oh never mind I will try this ^^^^^ and it is now only 3.99 for the app....

woooohoooo,,,, trying this tonight....
Viv

Merlin427

Reply by Merlin427GOLD

I just downloaded Photon ithe App Store for my iphone and ipad and it works perfectly on both. Problems solved. I hope everyone finds out about this until SS comes out with their own app. 3.99 for iphone and 4.99 for ipad.

Bill

Vane-viv

Reply by Vane-vivGOLD

It did work on my Ipad 2 ---- Photon from the app store is great... 4.99 but well worth it I can watch listen from my Ipad now.... yipeeeeee

KenL46

Reply by KenL46

I am not using any app on my Iphone4 just using safari browser and songs are videos are playing from singsnap, this also works on my wife's new Ipad. I have no idea why.

Ken

KathyMarie

Reply by KathyMarie

Trevor has on his status that SS songs now play on iPhone and iPad. I have an iPhone4 and they don't play on mine. Is there now an app to get them to play that you don't have to pay for?

Rob

Reply by RobSTAFF +3 +16

Trevor has on his status that SS songs now play on iPhone and iPad. I have an iPhone4 and they don't play on mine. Is there now an app to get them to play that you don't have to pay for?KathyMarie
Recordings should play natively on iDevices now. You don't need a special app for the songs to play. However, recording isn't possible at this time. So only recorded renditions will play.

- Next