Last Call Contest Hosted by The Hillbilly Heaven Gang

This topic is listed in Contests - Completed. It has been viewed 2,447 times and 332 replies have been made.

Next >>
ChandaLEVEL 84

Post by ChandaCHAT-ADMIN +4 +3

LAST CALL CONTEST ROUND 3

WORDS WITH FRIENDS

Welcome! It was difficult to make cuts but alas we must each round. This past round the scores were very close thescores were sometimes within .5 of each other. As we get closer to the end the competition gets tougher.

This round represents one of Jen's favorite ways to pass the time WORDS WITH FRIENDS

I think of the hillbillies there were hardly any of us that didn't play this game with her at some point. ( She was really good at it too) So here's the object of this round....
Your Song Title May Only START with a letter from her name
The Letters you can choose from are JENNIFER MARIE

You can sing any song, any genre, a fresh recording that starts with any of those letters.
the rules.. again, below... PLEASE!!!!!! READ! We have lost people for just not abiding by the rules.

Those Moving on to this round will be:

CrimsonGhost
-Gina-
Irreplaceable_Mushy
kentastic
Annie
ScreamName
moboy
Novella
RobGemini1122
Brianw7117

If You did not move through that doesn't mean you have to leave. We always welcome people to hang around and have fun.

AND>>>>>>>GO!

ChandaLEVEL 84

Reply by ChandaCHAT-ADMIN +4 +3

Please read the rules below.

This contest will be involved, and you can too, as much or as little as you would like to be, though we would really like it, if you participated as much as you can.
You are in for a really good time and that is the number one rule of this contest! HAVE FUN!!!

THE BASICS

1. Any genre will be allowed. The musical tastes of the Judges are quite varied and we want everyone on SingSnap to come on in and join our little party, so whatever you like to sing, come on and sing it!

2. Sheila and I are jealous girls, we don’t want you giving your audition song to anyone else, and we certainly don’t want any leftovers…so, your song has to be a fresh recording and cannot have been used in any other contest. In other words if you put it here as your song, don’t enter it as an entry anywhere else until after the round is over. If I see another judge’s banner on your song, other than those involved in THIS contest, FOR this contest, you are disqualified. Your song must be dated not before December 5th 2018 8AM EST (singsnap time) NO HARMONY recordings for any reason ( we will assume it is NOT a fresh recording and you will be eliminated).
Please read the rules carefully each round to see what will be allowed for the round and what will not be allowed, including whether or not “off-site” songs, prerecords, duets, etc, will be allowed. We are meticulous about the rules!

3. Please read this very carefully. I told you earlier that these wonderful people are my family. I am pretty easy to get along with and indeed, everyone running this contest is pretty easy to get along with. The ONE thing that will send me over the moon and cause me to eliminate you immediately is if you are rude to one of co-hosts. They have been kind enough to volunteer their time, efforts and hearts to this contest and I will NOT allow them to be treated poorly. That said, they are all a bunch of nuts and you should feel free to laugh and joke and have a good time. You will see really quickly that we give each other a hard time and you can do that as well. We all know the difference between kidding around and playing and seriously saying something mean and rude. Think of people as mirrors, you will get back, exactly what you put forth.

4. DO NOT start drama with another contestant. There are plenty of hosts to go to with any troubles that you may have. If you can not control yourself, you will be asked to leave. Also, a new rule we must add is absolutely NO POLITICS talk in the thread. WE all need a break from it. It can only lead to breaking one of our other rules..

5. Please pay attention to the instructions for the round. Once you post a song, it is your official entry and there are no redos. If you post and realize you did it wrong, you're out of luck. We will not tell you that you messed up, we will quietly write a zero by your name for a score and you will not make it to the next round.

6. A deadline is a deadline. Barring an emergency on one of the Judges or unforseen delays, we intend to have new round posted within hours of the old one ending. Because we have every intention of being on time, we expect you to be as well. A deadline for 8:00 means that at 8:01 you are too late. In order to maintain complete fairness, I have to make NO exception to any rule.

7. We are a fun group of people, however, please keep in mind that this is a public thread, that children and adults of lower tolerances have access too. Please keep the thread at PG-13. No pictures of anyone even close to not dressed (Yes Bubba, that goes for you too)

8. The number of rounds in this contest is 5. We love to throw in twists and turns, so if you don't like a round, hang in there, if you make it through, you will probably like the next one! In addition there MAY be mini challenges throughout. MOST will be voluntary though SOME will be MANDATORY. Please check the thread regularly. We will NOT accept that you did not know because you dropped your song and did not come back until the results. These rounds are elimination rounds, there is no set number to be cut per round. Deadline for this Round will be WEDNESDAY, Dec 12th 8PM EST (Singsnap time)
Finally, keep in mind that in judging a contest, a song or a contestant is purely subjective. You will be judged fairly and in an unbiased manner. If we cut you, it does not mean that you are not a good singer. If we cut someone that you feel should have stayed and keep someone that you feel should have left, by all means, start a contest, find graphics, banners, judges, listen to hundreds of songs, and score them to YOUR liking, but do not assume that you can do better unless you already have, and then, please keep it to yourself, We hate to be outdone .

NOW, for your hosts and their duties so that you can see who is doing what AND who you need to address with any specific issues

ChandaLEVEL 84

THE HILLBILLIES - Please feel free to ask any of these people for clarification on any rules or any questions you have about the contest
Sheila --------Judge/Organizer
Chanda ----Judge
Jay----Tie break Judge
Larry(blaza)--------------Crowd Control
Glenn(Bubbaglenn)------- Crowd Control
Kelly(kyafirst)------------Crowd Control
Natasha ( LilDarlin520)- Hillbilly Crowd control
Paul ( Defense) ------------Tech Help and answer man
Suz ( lily04)-------------------Graphics
Leslie----------Lists and Playlists--Please don't help her, she bites

Submission as follows: PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR SONG IS NOT PRIVATE

Name
Song Name
Song Link

PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE READ THE RULES COMPLETELY BEFORE SUBMITTING

kentasticLEVEL 54

Reply by kentasticGOLD +2

Good morning all
Once again I see horseshoe I sat on has not dislodged itself
I am honored once again, thanks for the advance

Irreplaceable_MushyLEVEL 60

Reply by Irreplaceable_MushyPATRON +4 +3

Wake me up when Christmas is over with...

Wow! I am genuinely shocked. People raised the bar in the last round for sure!
Thank you so much for the advance.
Its always sad to see some leave.
But time to get the thinking cap on again...hmmmmm

DefenseLEVEL 81

Reply by DefenseGOLD +4 +2

Woop Woop...congrats on all our peeps making it through to this round...to anyone who did not, we'd love for you to continue hanging out and having fun with us. This round is very special since Jen was a Words With Friends master!! Looking forward to all the entries.

DefenseLEVEL 81

Hillbilly Challenge...I was volun-challenged by Larry to sing this...
and trust me, I am an extremely challenged Yankee

Little Deuce Coupe
http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/r/c07150805

blazaLEVEL 40

Reply by blazaGOLD +3

Woohoo Round 3. Congrats to all. Good job Paul. That's not an easy song.

ImaChristian2

Reply by ImaChristian2 +2

Hey! Congratulations to you awesome singers who moved on! Thanks so much for the fun Contest. I watched the recording Jen made. She is such a beautiful girl. Such a sad loss and I offer my deepest condolences to all of her friends and family. How wonderful that she has this crazy bunch of people to keep her memory alive. Its a beautiful thing! Good luck to everyone here! I know you will have a good time, and remember, Win or lose, there's still booze! BAAHAAhahahaha!

-Gina-LEVEL 88

Reply by -Gina-GOLD +3

Thank you so much!

ChandaLEVEL 84

Hey! Congratulations to you awesome singers who moved on! Thanks so much for the fun Contest. I watched the recording Jen made. She is such a beautiful girl. Such a sad loss and I offer my deepest condolences to all of her friends and family. How wonderful that she has this crazy bunch of people to keep her memory alive. Its a beautiful thing! Good luck to everyone here! I know you will have a good time, and remember, Win or lose, there's still booze! BAAHAAhahahaha!ImaChristian2

Feel free to hang around and keep having fun.. We like people like you!

-Gina-LEVEL 88

Reply by -Gina-GOLD +3

I chose the letter "J"

-Gina-
Bruno Mars-Just The Way You Are
http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/r/c2b382755

-Gina-LEVEL 88

Reply by -Gina-GOLD +3

Also, I have listened to all the playlists and I am in awe of all of you. I don't leave comments because I am in my car driving most of the time. I work full time and go to school so I don't have a lot of time to comment, but you are all amazing!

ChandaLEVEL 84

Also, I have listened to all the playlists and I am in awe of all of you. I don't leave comments because I am in my car driving most of the time. I work full time and go to school so I don't have a lot of time to comment, but you are all amazing!-Gina-

haha I totally get this I make playlists and listen while Im working on cakes!

CrimsonGhost

Reply by CrimsonGhostGOLD +2

Wowza ! Thanks for the advancement !

Here is my entry for Round 3
I chose the letter " A "

CrimsonGhost
Amazed - Lonestar
http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/r/be7109d35

DefenseLEVEL 81

Also, I have listened to all the playlists and I am in awe of all of you. I don't leave comments because I am in my car driving most of the time. I work full time and go to school so I don't have a lot of time to comment, but you are all amazing!-Gina-

haha I totally get this I make playlists and listen while Im working on cakes!Chanda

You seriously need me to come up some weekend to be your sous...but there's a reason I cook and don't bake...you just can't throw stuff into a mixing bowl and say "That'll work!" like you can with something going on a grill But I can still mix butter and sugar pretty well haha

ChandaLEVEL 84

haha I totally get this I make playlists and listen while Im working on cakes!Chanda

You seriously need me to come up some weekend to be your sous...but there's a reason I cook and don't bake...you just can't throw stuff into a mixing bowl and say "That'll work!" like you can with something going on a grill But I can still mix butter and sugar pretty well hahaDefense

Come on.. I told ya anytime! You know the way.. Just watch your answers at the border this time..
Lmfao

DefenseLEVEL 81

Edited reply by DefenseGOLD +4 +2

Border Patrol: Any firearms?
Dumb Yankee: No thanks!

Border Patrol: You know this is the Nexus Lane?
Dumb Yankee: Oh...*hands over passport* ermmm, can we still do business?

I still dunno how I have not been arrested yet crossing over...you're a friendly people up there...It's harder to get back into my own country

kentasticLEVEL 54

speaking of baking I just pulled a banana loaf out of the oven lol
and soon I start my christmas baking
nothing says loven like some fresh baked chocolate chip cookies in the oven

kentasticLEVEL 54

kentastic

using the latter "E"
Everytime You Touch Me I Get High ~ Charlie Rich

http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/r/bc6d6a0f5

LeslieLEVEL 52

Edited reply by LeslieCHAT-ADMIN +3

LAST CALL CONTEST

ROUND THREE - WORDS WITH FRIENDS

THE HILLBILLIES - Please feel free to ask any of these people for clarification on any rules or any questions you have about the contest

Chanda ----Judge
Jay----Tie break Judge

Name
Song Name
Song Link

DEFENSE'S AWESOME SONG
Little Deuce Coupe

ENTRIES RECEIVED

-Gina-
CrimsonGhost
kentastic

WAITING ON ENTRIES FROM
Irreplaceable_Mushy
Annie
ScreamName
moboy
Novella
RobGemini1122
Brianw7117

Round 3 Playlist
Round 2 Playlist
Round 1 Playlist
Auditions Playlist

THE PLAYLIST WILL BE UPDATED REGULARLY. IF I HAVE FORGOTTEN ANYONE PLEASE LET ME KNOW AND I WILL GET IT FIXED. THANK YOU!!

robgemini1122LEVEL 67

Reply by robgemini1122GOLD +4 +3

Thank you so much for the advance

blazaLEVEL 40

Reply by blazaGOLD +3

speaking of baking I just pulled a banana loaf out of the oven lol
and soon I start my christmas baking
nothing says loven like some fresh baked chocolate chip cookies in the oven kentastic

Rule of the house. "All freshly baked goodies must be shared with all."

blazaLEVEL 40

Reply by blazaGOLD +3

Edited reply by Irreplaceable_MushyPATRON +4 +3

ok....I've had nothing but problems with my computer....the dreaded blue screen 3 times this evening, it keeps dropping out of internet connection whenever I try to record - thats soooo frustrating when I almost get to the end of a song and have to start all over again...I was going to do a few recordings of different songs and then choose one but it seems this one will have to do, while I wait for a new computer to arrive...hopefully it will be here in the next few days

I chose "N"

Irreplaceable_Mushy
Nothing Compares 2 U - Sinead O'Conner
http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/r/ba99c5125

SheilaLEVEL 52

Edited reply by SheilaGOLD +3

There is no pain that love can not heal.

ATTENTION….MANDATORY MINI CHALLENGE

If you read the rules like we have repeatedly reminded you to do, then you were warned that there could be mini challenges pop up. POP!!!

Momma always said you can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose, but you can’t pick your friend’s nose…..I digress…..you CAN however, and must choose a Hillbilly. There are ten of us, there are ten of you, even *I* can do that math. Each Hillbilly can only be chosen once. No, you can’t know why. Yes, it is absolutely required.

Jen played Words with Friends with all of us. You will note that our smiling faces are on tiles up there in that picture Lily04 was kind enough to provide us with. It's your move, pick up a hillbilly tile, but choose carefully as this will influence whether or not you make it to the next round.

Choose your Hillbilly by posting their name in the thread. Pay attention as this is a first come, first serve, SO if Larry picks Kelly, no one else can pick Kelly and must choose someone else.. Clear as mud, right? Shush and just pick yer Hillbilly, just don’t pick their nose…we bite. More instructions will follow after all Hillbillies have been selected.

You may choose one of the following Hillbillies.

Sheila
Chanda
Jay
Larry(blaza)
Glenn(Bubbaglenn)
Kelly(kyafirst)
Natasha ( LilDarlin520)
Paul ( Defense)
Suz ( lily04)
Leslie

SheilaLEVEL 52

Reply by SheilaGOLD +3

Oh....and hi.

ChandaLEVEL 84

Oh....and hi. Sheila

Hi!!

SheilaLEVEL 52

Edited reply by SheilaGOLD +3

I'm tard now, I believe I will go to bed.

CrimsonGhost

Reply by CrimsonGhostGOLD +2

If I must pick a Hillbilly, I will pick Chanda
This is exciting ! What are we doingggggggg ?!?!?! hahaha

robgemini1122LEVEL 67

Edited reply by robgemini1122GOLD +4 +3

I will chose Sheila

Edited reply by Irreplaceable_MushyPATRON +4 +3

Oh!

How are we supposed to pick one...

OK, I'll pick Jay..he got put back in his cage a while back...I'll be nice and take him out for a walk to stretch his legs before hes put back in there...

Goodness me, this could be bad bad bad...eeeeevvillll is what this is lol

SheilaLEVEL 52

Reply by SheilaGOLD +3

I almost forgot!!! We had a hillbilly challenge back in Hillbilly Heaven and we are required to at least attempt any hillbillies' challenge....

Larry (blaza) challenged Paul (Defense) and like a true hillbilly, he complied: Give the man a listen!

http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/watchandlisten/play/c07150805

-Jay-LEVEL 53

Reply by -Jay-GOLD

Don't start with me, woman! hahaha :P

I almost forgot!!! We had a hillbilly challenge back in Hillbilly Heaven and we are required to at least attempt any hillbillies' challenge....

Larry (blaza) challenged Paul (Defense) and like a true hillbilly, he complied: Give the man a listen!

http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/watchandlisten/play/c07150805Sheila

*awaits the revenge* lol

-Jay-LEVEL 53

Reply by -Jay-GOLD

Oh!

How are we supposed to pick one...

OK, I'll pick Jay..he got put back in his cage a while back...I'll be nice and take him out for a walk to stretch his legs before hes put back in there...

Goodness me, this could be bad bad bad...eeeeevvillll is what this is lol Irreplaceable_Mushy

Well, this is the plotting of Sheila and Chanda so evil pretty much sums it up. haha

kentasticLEVEL 54

Now I'm Askeered
but I guess I'll pick Glenn
although I don't know what I got myself into lol

-Jay-LEVEL 53

Reply by -Jay-GOLD

It's a trap. It's always a trap.

LeslieLEVEL 52

Reply by LeslieCHAT-ADMIN +3

LAST CALL CONTEST

ROUND THREE - WORDS WITH FRIENDS

Chanda ----Judge
Jay----Tie break Judge

Name
Song Name
Song Link

DEFENSE'S AWESOME SONG
Little Deuce Coupe

ENTRIES RECEIVED

-Gina-
CrimsonGhost
kentastic
Irreplaceable_Mushy

WAITING ON ENTRIES FROM
Annie
ScreamName
moboy
Novella
RobGemini1122
Brianw7117

Round 3 Playlist
Round 2 Playlist
Round 1 Playlist
Auditions Playlist

THE PLAYLIST WILL BE UPDATED REGULARLY. IF I HAVE FORGOTTEN ANYONE PLEASE LET ME KNOW AND I WILL GET IT FIXED. THANK YOU!!

LeslieLEVEL 52

Reply by LeslieCHAT-ADMIN +3

MANDATORY MINI CHALLENGE

HILLBILLIES ALREADY CHOSEN BY CONTESTANTS

Chanda - CrimsonGhost
Sheila - robgemini1122
Jay - Irreplaceable_Mushy
Glenn - kentastic

CONTESTANTS WHO NEED TO CHOOSE A HILLBILLY
-Gina-
Annie
ScreamName
moboy
Novella
Brianw7117

HILLBILLIES AVAILABLE TO BE CHOSEN
Larry(blaza)
Kelly(kyafirst)
Natasha ( LilDarlin520)
Paul ( Defense)
Suz ( lily04)
Leslie

moboyLEVEL 50

Reply by moboyGOLD

Honestly ya a'll making it to another round ..blown away wowww!!!! Thanks all, for your comments very much appreciated .....congrats to all others moving on

DefenseLEVEL 81

http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/watchandlisten/play/c07150805Sheila

*awaits the revenge* lol
-Jay-

And it’s gonna be sweet

moboyLEVEL 50

Reply by moboyGOLD

I choose Larry ( Blaza )

ChandaLEVEL 84

Good morning folks!!

ChandaLEVEL 84

If I must pick a Hillbilly, I will pick Chanda
This is exciting ! What are we doingggggggg ?!?!?! hahahaCrimsonGhost

ohh its going to be fun! lol

bubbaglennLEVEL 80

Reply by bubbaglennGOLD +3

Good mornin' all!

ChandaLEVEL 84

Morning Glenn!

SheilaLEVEL 52

Reply by SheilaGOLD +3

Are we having fun yet????

ChandaLEVEL 84

Are we having fun yet????Sheila

its snowing. the end. lmao

NovellaLEVEL 110

Reply by NovellaSTAFF +18 +37

It's beginning to look a lot like Snapkus!

Man Y'all talk a lot!!! lol I didn't get a chance to check in yesterday and I thought the other round had awhile to go! WOW! Thank you for the advance !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck folks! Now to find a song...................

AnnieLEVEL 85

Reply by AnnieGOLD

Work has been intense lately. Sorry I haven't been around much. Thank you so much for the advance!

For the mini challenge I choose Leslie.

NovellaLEVEL 110

Reply by NovellaSTAFF +18 +37

It's beginning to look a lot like Snapkus!

Oh I almost missed that. I CHOOSE NAT!

Next >>