I sing in a very broad Yorkshire accent - Does it sound good or terrible?

This topic is listed in Singing & Songwriting Tips. It has been viewed 297 times and 4 replies have been made.

RichAllenLEVEL 75

Post by RichAllenGOLD

Topic.

A few folk on here have listened to and commented on some of my recordings, most comments have been pleasant.

I just wondered if I should try and not sing in as broad an accent as the Americans and Canadians on here might not understand?

What do you guys think?

melindaleaLEVEL 85

Reply by melindalea

I think you should sing whatever you are comfortable with... Music has no language.. and accents set us a part and make for some very unique and beautiful voices
hugggs nice to meet ya

RichAllenLEVEL 75

Reply by RichAllenGOLD

I think you should sing whatever you are comfortable with... Music has no language.. and accents set us a part and make for some very unique and beautiful voices
hugggs nice to meet ya melindalea

Thanks.

I haven't recorded much for a few weeks due to being busy with offline life (yes, contrary to popular belief I do actually have one) and at the moment I have a cold.

Bunnykins

Reply by BunnykinsPATRON

r/bc64f5559

Topic.

A few folk on here have listened to and commented on some of my recordings, most comments have been pleasant.

I just wondered if I should try and not sing in as broad an accent as the Americans and Canadians on here might not understand?

What do you guys think?RichAllen

I feel your pain kid A Yorkshire lass here too....I'm ok but I forget to sound my "H's"..We don't do "H's" here in Yorkshire...lol

RichAllenLEVEL 75

Reply by RichAllenGOLD

Topic.

What do you guys think?RichAllen

I feel your pain kid A Yorkshire lass here too....I'm ok but I forget to sound my "H's"..We don't do "H's" here in Yorkshire...lolBunnykins

I have a few open duets on my account if you'd like to sing with me some time

Let's sing together in a Yorkshire accent.