The Voice

This topic is listed in Off Topic. It has been viewed 598 times and 49 replies have been made.

NovellaLEVEL 111

Post by NovellaSTAFF +28

If anyone is interested in being a site volunteer (Chat Room) Let me know! <3

Are there any fans out there who watch The Voice???

If so - What do you think of the results show this week?

Rainbow-SunshineLEVEL 108

Reply by Rainbow-Sunshine

Me! I was not thrilled, and it did not seem quite fair, BECAUSE she did not compete like the other 2 had to sing. Very disappointed, and I think the guys was too.

donho2singLEVEL 81

Reply by donho2singGOLD +1

I myself, thought it was great. and even though the young lady was not able to sing, it all added up to what she had done in the past weeks verses the male singers that did sing. She has been so talented the whole time and I felt it was very fair for a showdown .

Adam did disappoint me by not giving his other team member as much attention for the vote.

DABRINALEVEL 95

Edited reply by DABRINAGOLD

Lions tigers and bears O My!!!

O yea I LOVEEEE the VOICE!:<)) I LOVE Sarah Grace Chevel Shepherd and Kennedy Holmes those 3 girls rock! and they are ALL so young and have awesome voices! Kimberlie Joy and Kirk Jay are great too!:<) they are all very good this year tough to send anyone home? Reagan has a good voice too so glad to see her saved. Alot of people were upset about DeAndre and it was all over Twitter. I was tweeting back and forth about it and what Adam said but DeAndre will be fine and have a career for sure !:<) Maybe they will have a twist about It this week? who knows but it sure shook up a lot of people what Adam said but It is a great show though and so fun watching Kelly Clarkson as a judge and Jennifer Hudson watched every season of American Idol and its so cool to see these 2 girls judging now and of course Blake is so cool and Adam too..:<)

Sparrow6LEVEL 91

Reply by Sparrow6GOLD +1

BRYNN CARTELLI WAS CROWNED THE WINNER OF THE VOICE. WITH HER WIN, THE FIFTEEN YEARS OLD BECAME THE YOUNGEST WINNER IN THE SHOW'S HISTORY THE VOICE
SEASON 14 OF THE FINALS THE VOICE

RichAllenLEVEL 70

Reply by RichAllenGOLD

I watch the UK version.

Tom Jones needs to retire IMO, he's no longer even relevant to younger fans.

DABRINALEVEL 95

Reply by DABRINAGOLD

The voice is on tonight! Yay can't wait to hear all these awesome singers and their song choices!!! And I wonder if they will say anything about last weeks show?...

ButcherbhoyLEVEL 72

Edited reply by ButcherbhoyGOLD

I watch the UK version.

Tom Jones needs to retire IMO, he's no longer even relevant to younger fans.RichAllen

Think you are wrong there,knows the music scene inside out,didnt know there was an age limit for appreciating talent...

rokin1LEVEL 46

Reply by rokin1

I watched last night..
I couldn't possibly pick a winner.
Get the older ones out let them young girls battle ! That's what I say .

rokin1LEVEL 46

Reply by rokin1

Nope nope ! They got it all wrong..I'm pissed! Lol

rokin1LEVEL 46

Edited reply by rokin1

K so.. what if I told you there's a girl on sing snap who I honestly believe could be on the voice show.
I've been listening to her since day one on here .
Yes I stalk the newbe's page .
Like all the time.
When I first heard her I couldn't believe what I was hearing.
I mean here in snap land for free lol
I love to listen to alot of people here and i do alot of listening.so much so my favs most likely take my many comments for granted and dont pay much mind.
Without further delay , please give her a listen and a hearty sing snap welcome .
Enjoy
http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/r/b381bd2f5

DABRINALEVEL 95

Reply by DABRINAGOLD

I agree they got it WRONG!!! Chris Cruzie no way MaKenzie sang up to the Mountain amazingly she sooo deserved to be there !!! My picks were Chevel Kirk Jay MaKenzie and Kennedy. I know Kennedy will win there's no doubt the show has it planned already but of course they will hype it up for ratings! but dam can MaKenzie sing and she outsang her tonight!!! MaKenzie deserved to be fighting with Kennedy for the title!!!! But she's heavy and that doesn't fit into their agenda for dancing and singing in the finale sad but true..

DABRINALEVEL 95

Reply by DABRINAGOLD

So who will be in the final 2 I say of course Kennedy and I'm pretty sure Kirk jay or maybe Chevel...

rokin1LEVEL 46

Edited reply by rokin1

I agree they got it WRONG!!! Chris Cruzie no way MaKenzie sang up to the Mountain amazingly she sooo deserved to be there !!! My picks were Chevel Kirk Jay MaKenzie and Kennedy. I know Kennedy will win there's no doubt the show has it planned already but of course they will hype it up for ratings! but dam can MaKenzie sing and she outsang her tonight!!! MaKenzie deserved to be fighting with Kennedy for the title!!!! But she's heavy and that doesn't fit into their agenda for dancing and singing in the finale sad but true..DABRINA

I totally agree..they do it all the time..marketability has so much to do with it.
It's supposed to be the Voice ..hello!
They will make Kennedy be the winner.
To add in the cut the song selections sucked.
How do I live at least gave Kennedy a chance to flex a bit but the other two songs were powerless

DABRINALEVEL 95

I agree they got it WRONG!!! Chris Cruzie no way MaKenzie sang up to the Mountain amazingly she sooo deserved to be there !!! My picks were Chevel Kirk Jay MaKenzie and Kennedy. I know Kennedy will win there's no doubt the show has it planned already but of course they will hype it up for ratings! but dam can MaKenzie sing and she outsang her tonight!!! MaKenzie deserved to be fighting with Kennedy for the title!!!! But she's heavy and that doesn't fit into their agenda for dancing and singing in the finale sad but true..DABRINA

I totally agree..they do it all the time..marketability has so much to do with it.
They will make Kennedy be the winner.rokin1

YEA FOR SURE I HAVE WATCHED VOICE AND American IDOL EVERY SEASON ITS MORE THEN Just THE voice you have to have the looks shape the whole package so they can market you ..I bet MaKenzie will lose tons of weight like Adele and Jennifer Hudson did because she will want to become a star. She's very pretty she reminds me of Adele and omg it what a flawless voice she has!:) better then Adele's I think

DABRINALEVEL 95

Some people like all those runs though and some don't everyone has different tastes Kennedys voice is very smooth and very pitch perfect and she hits the falsetto notes beautifully but she does not sing like MaKenzie either ..I loved Reagan too she was so sweet and always put her heart into her songs she's young and pitchy as many people have said about her but she will be very good give her some time .:) and Chevel is awesome love her country tone and she's such a cutie!! If you have not seen it go to u tube and watch her sing your looking at country adorable and blue from this week that girl is amazing !:) Kirk jay is really good too he did I swear this week he puts his,heart into it too..Chris Cruzie is southern rock he's OK just not my favorite should not have been in top 4 IMO MaKenzie should have been there! Or Sarah Grace ..

rokin1LEVEL 46

Reply by rokin1

They will make Kennedy be the winner.rokin1

YEA FOR SURE I HAVE WATCHED VOICE AND ANERICAN IDOL EVERY SEASON ITS MORE THEN Just THE voice you have to have the looks shape the whole package so they can market you ..I bet MaKenzie will lose tons of weight like Adele and Jennifer Hudson did because she will want to become a star. She's very pretty she reminds me of Adele and omg it what a flawless voice she has!:) better then Adele's I thinkDABRINA

She sang her butt off..she deserved to have had the chance to compete.
Cold hard truth..
I cant say I feel sorry for her but it does make me kind of sad she's being judged for the wrong thing..I hate that for her because obviously she's a genuinely sweet kid.

rokin1LEVEL 46

Reply by rokin1

Kennedy.
Look at the production she got compared to everyone else.
She is Amazing and deserves to win but for the others I just feel like the deck was stacked against them.

DABRINALEVEL 95

Reply by DABRINAGOLD

Kennedy.
Look at the production she got compared to everyone else.
She is Amazing and deserves to win but for the others I just feel like the deck was stacked against them.rokin1

So do I totally agree they have already crowned her the winner obvious!!! They need a new queen bee and she's the new princess blah...I dont like it when they totally favor one over the other ones very unfair!!

DABRINALEVEL 95

I don't really care for her style either but the ones in charge want her as the new queen bee princess ..the new Beyonce..

DABRINALEVEL 95

I'm beginning to think these shows are so programmed and they decide the winner? who knows if the votes really even count...?

rokin1LEVEL 46

Reply by rokin1

I'm beginning to think these shows are so programmed and they decide the winner? who knows if the votes really even count...?DABRINA

I dont know if they count I can only hope the do .
Again Kennedy seems like a great kid I dont wish any I'll on her but it just seems like for most winners on the shows it's almost a curse .
You only hear from a few after they win.
Sure you had one winner kelly Clarkson and it funny Jennifer Hudson didnt win yet went on to achieve alot.
But where are all the rest?

sabathielLEVEL 42

Edited reply by sabathiel

Sure you had one winner kelly Clarkson and it funny Jennifer Hudson didnt win yet went on to achieve alot.
But where are all the rest?rokin1

Carrie Underwood is as huge as Kelly Clarkson if not more but they (and J-Hud) are American Idol alumni which has a much better success record in promoting talent in the music industry.

No one coming out of The Voice has ever made it internationally or even nationally (except for Loren Allred who is now famous for one song "Never Enough" from the film The Greatest Showman). However that song had nothing to do with The Voice. It was something she did somewhere down the line long after she was placed 13th on The Voice in 2012.

They use to spend a fortune promoting the winner in the days of Kelly and Carrie bu those days are over now. They just do the obligatory one album or one song and that's it now. Without the hype and the pushy heavy marketing the product won't appeal to the youth demographics unless you are exceptionally talented plus lucky. Everything is so corporate driven these days they dictate what the young people like and listen to.

DABRINALEVEL 95

Reply by DABRINAGOLD

I'm beginning to think these shows are so programmed and they decide the winner? who knows if the votes really even count...?DABRINA

I dont know if they count I can only hope the do .
Again Kennedy seems like a great kid I dont wish any I'll on her but it just seems like for most winners on the shows it's almost a curse .
You only hear from a few after they win.
But where are all the rest?rokin1

I do agree she is very talented but your right only a few ever make it after the show..into major success!!

DABRINALEVEL 95

Reply by DABRINAGOLD

I think Chevel will make it because she is radio ready and has such a pure country tone to her..and Kennedy will make pop music and at least they both will be at the awards shows:<) Kirk too hes good! I like his style too..not sure about Chris though..

rokin1LEVEL 46

Reply by rokin1

If It were up to me i pick Chevel but 1 I'm bias to country and not really into contemporary pop music.
I'm just not sure Chevel will have staying power.
These days however 1 hit is enough to change a life .

DABRINALEVEL 95

soooo excited stoked and pacing the floor lol Chevel has the number one song on I tunes chart with Broken Hearts and I have it on repeat over and over this song is sooo amazing!!! I hope she pulls off the upset!!! but we will see..???

DABRINALEVEL 95

Reply by DABRINAGOLD

OMG its down to Chris and CHEVELLE OMG!!!!!

DABRINALEVEL 95

Reply by DABRINAGOLD

CHEVELLE WON!!!!!!! YEAH!!!!!!:<)))))))

DABRINALEVEL 95

Reply by DABRINAGOLD

soooo awesome!!:<) she soooo deserved it!!!! YAY!! between her and Chris and SHE WON GO and listen to her song Broken Hearts its off the charts!!!!

rokin1LEVEL 46

Reply by rokin1

soooo awesome!!:<) she soooo deserved it!!!! YAY!! between her and Chris and SHE WON GO and listen to her song Broken Hearts its off the charts!!!!DABRINA

Yay !!!!! You called it !!!

DABRINALEVEL 95

Reply by DABRINAGOLD

Well it's over now you can probably close the thread:)

sabathielLEVEL 42

Reply by sabathiel

No don't. We'll keep track of the careers, or lack of, of the winner as well as the other finalists. See what they come up with.

DABRINALEVEL 95

Reply by DABRINAGOLD

OK lol it will be starting up again in Feb too with a new voice show..!:) yea its fun to keep up with them as they start on their journey now and see where it takes them!:))

__Angels__LEVEL 108

Reply by __Angels__GOLD +2

forum/topic/b91e6174?page=9c1c1

i am heard

cwang50LEVEL 60

Reply by cwang50GOLD

Like every thing else its all subjective, as it do what it do!

sabathielLEVEL 42

Reply by sabathiel

Like every thing else its all subjective, as it do what it do!cwang50

Not everything in music is subjective. Some aspects are highly objective as they can be measured in terms of correct or incorrect.....or good and bad. Things like timing, pitch, sense of rhythm, enunciation etc. can be objectively judged. Then there are things such as record sales, TV ratings, ticket sales, chart positions etc. which also are related to music and can be objectively measured.

cwang50LEVEL 60

Reply by cwang50GOLD

Not everything in music is subjective. Some aspects are highly objective as they can be measured in terms of correct or incorrect.....or good and bad. Things like timing, pitch, sense of rhythm, enunciation etc. can be objectively judged. Then there are things such as record sales, TV ratings, ticket sales, chart positions etc. which also are related to music and can be objectively measured.sabathiel

subjective to someone's desire to show it as objective, as it do what it do! lol

sabathielLEVEL 42

Reply by sabathiel

Not everything in music is subjective. Some aspects are highly objective as they can be measured in terms of correct or incorrect.....or good and bad. Things like timing, pitch, sense of rhythm, enunciation etc. can be objectively judged. Then there are things such as record sales, TV ratings, ticket sales, chart positions etc. which also are related to music and can be objectively measured.sabathiel

subjective to someone's desire to show it as objective, as it do what it do! lolcwang50

Desire is subjective, yes, but when someone is out of tune and not hitting the correct notes for being tone deaf that is not subjective desire but rather an objective observation.

cwang50LEVEL 60

Reply by cwang50GOLD

"Desire is subjective, yes, but when someone is out of tune and not hitting the correct notes for being tone deaf that is not subjective desire but rather an objective observation." out of tune... according to....

sabathielLEVEL 42

"Desire is subjective, yes, but when someone is out of tune and not hitting the correct notes for being tone deaf that is not subjective desire but rather an objective observation." out of tune... according to....cwang50

There are devices that can accurately measure the correctness of pitch. Try "pitch graph" from the Apple App store if you own an iPhone. That is just a very basic free of charge device but as you go up the musical chain professional musicians in the studio have access to far more sophisticated devices. And if you think this app called "pitch graph" is bogus and not reliable I suggest you test it out with an online virtual piano. It is spot on damn accurate down to the exact Hertz frequencies. It will tell you by how much you are flat or sharp in terms of the frequencies as well using a coloured graph of red being flat under the pitch, orange if you are sharp over the note and green if you are spot on hitting the note. Every karaoke singer think they can sing until they test themselves out with devices like this. You have a go at it big boy and see how you'd fare as a singer. When you can hit spot on 60% of the notes then go and audition for The Voice. LOL

Do it acapella though so the device is not distracted with other sounds.

In this environment and conditions nothing is subjective. You either hit the note or you didn't!

cwang50LEVEL 60

Reply by cwang50GOLD

still subjective to the listener, regardless! That does not change.

cwang50LEVEL 60

Reply by cwang50GOLD

sooo, subjective to having the device? lol

DABRINALEVEL 95

Reply by DABRINAGOLD

this is funny is this about the show the VOICE? or the VOICE ? ..I agree different listeners like different stuff for sure and when someone thinks someone has an amazing voice another one might think eh its just ok we ALL have different styles and tastes in music and tones also make a huge difference in a persons voice!!! Some have softer tones and some like that and others have strong tones which others like!!! So yes it is SUBJECTIVE to the listener !:<)

cwang50LEVEL 60

Reply by cwang50GOLD

I got it the first time...lol

cwang50LEVEL 60

Reply by cwang50GOLD

We are SS stars, in tune, out of tune, we like to sing as it do what it do.

sabathielLEVEL 42

sooo, subjective to having the device? lolcwang50

I don't think you understand what "subjective" vs "objective" means. The fact that there is a device that can measure someone singing off key means that the out of tuneness of the singer is absolutely and totally quantifiable. There is a clear case of being right and wrong which in the case of subjective matters is not possible to do. So when someone says "I love pizza" this is subjective since it is a matter of personal taste and preference which cannot be measured or quantified when compared to others who deviate from this taste or preference. This is not the case with being out of tune in singing.....it doesn't matter what the listener thinks...either the singer is out of tune or simply not out of tune. If the singer is out of tune and the listener says the singer is in tune then a clear case can be made that the listener is wrong and possibly an IDIOT! LOL The same cannot be said with matters that are fully subjective like loving pizza over hamburgers because there is no right or wrong in your subjective personal taste and preference since it cannot be measured or quantified. Some things are a matter of subjectivity as there are only personal tastes and opinions while other things can be matters of objectivity because they are a matter of fact not taste or preference and there is clearly right and wrong. Facts are objective. Opinions can be subjective.

The device allows for checking the accuracy of the listener meaning some listeners can be wrong and some listeners can be right. If this is simply a matter of being wholly subjective then there is no room for being right or wrong......basically anything goes and there is no value in being correct since being correct and being incorrect are placed on equal footing which is ridiculous! That is why when someone gets a recording contract they all can sing in key and in tune. If matters like this are entirely subjective then you would get tone deaf singers getting recording contracts and climbing up the Billboard Hot 100. Bwahahahahahahahahaha.......

cwang50LEVEL 60

Reply by cwang50GOLD

Why is it objective? Is it because there are humans to do the measurements with the machine? Would that make the use of the machine subjective to there being humans to use it that it can be said "he/she/it" is out of tune, which makes the whole thing subjective to there being human beings...lmaoooooo…. I know the difference between the two as it relates to your point... but I still say it all is subjective to the human and that's where the "it do what it do" comes in j/s

sabathielLEVEL 42

Why is it objective? Is it because there are humans to do the measurements with the machine? Would that make the use of the machine subjective to there being humans to use it that it can be said "he/she/it" is out of tune, which makes the whole thing subjective to there being human beings...lmaoooooo…. I know the difference between the two as it relates to your point... but I still say it all is subjective to the human and that's where the "it do what it do" comes in j/scwang50

You are missing the original point. I responded to your post which essentially said music is all subjective. I refuted that by saying "some things" in music are objective because they are matters of fact that can be measured and quantified scientifically. Things like timing and pitch for example can be objectively measured either by musical experts or high tech devices. Saying something is subjective it means it is relative and not fixed as a matter of absolute certainty. Things like voice tone or artistic styling in a singer are matters of preference and taste. There is no right or wrong and it is all in the eyes of the beholder or in this case in the ears of the beholder. However when it comes to pitch and timing it is a matter of science as these things are absolutes not relative since they can be measured whether someone is singing in time to the music or singing in tune with the background musical instruments....there are no room for preference or taste.....it is a matter of universal truth of being absolutely right or convincingly wrong. The listener could listen and be subjectively wrong but a prudent and expert listener will be able to tell if someone is right or wrong in terms of pitch or timing. There is no way to dance around this. It is a matter of FACT when someone is singing out of tune or having issues with the timing of the song. It is not a matter of opinion.

Subjectivity is quite elastic but not so much with objectivity as they pertain to issues of fixed truths not elastic perceptions. Objective truth is fixed by the universe in matters of objectivity. It doesn't matter if not everyone will get it correctly but when someone does get it correctly that is a universal truth. So a listener can listen to someone singing and say "hey he is in tune" when he is in fact not in tune. This means the listener is wrong and being subjectively wrong because another person says "no he is out of tune" and then settle the disagreement using a high tech musical device which would be able to confirm if the singer is in tune or out of tune. Then once the truth is revealed the person who said the singer was in tune was clearly subjectively wrong and the person who said the singer was out of tune would be objectively correct because the truth in this case is universal and absolute. This is not the case with subjective aspects of music such as voice tone or artistic styling choices. In these cases of tone and artistic styles one person's opinion about a singer's tone is just as valid as another person's opinion who dislikes the tone of that particular singer. In other words there is no clear right or wrong but rather a matter of taste or preference of the listener. It is relative to the listener not a matter of universal absolute truth. No scientific device can settle this disagreement in terms of stating who is right and who is wrong. The matter is entirely subjective.

Not only there are devices based on science that can measure pitch but in the musical world there are people gifted with "perfect pitch" who innately can tell if someone is spot on hitting the note or not. Do not confuse the phenomenon of having ears with the gift of "perfect pitch" with a singer singing "pitch perfect". Singing "pitch perfect" simply means you are spot on hitting all the notes perfectly with no notes being off or flat or sharp. The gift of "perfect pitch" is being able to to tell if someone is hitting a B or an E flat or whatever note there is in music without having any reference note or musical instruments to judge what note you are judging simply by ear. This is a rare gift to certain people in life as this is gained from birth rather than by musical training. If your hearing is so good by training it is called "relative pitch" but if you have this gift from birth innately it is called the gift of "perfect pitch". People who have the gift of "perfect pitch" pretty much have ears that are as accurate as the devices that measures pitch and they are objective in judging people singing as their judgement is universally correct not relative based on subjective feelings or taste or preference.

If all aspects of music are entirely subjective then musicians do not need to abide by universal laws of music when they perform a song such as all the instruments and the singer need to perform in the same key and all the instruments need to be perfectly tuned altogether. This is what makes music enjoyable because there are aspects of it that are objective. This means all the musicians would have to be on the same page during the performance of the song. It doesn't work if the guitarist plays the song in the key of C major and the singer sings the song in the key of B flat major. That would ruin the objective truth of music because it deviates from the universal laws of nature applicable to music which are non-negotiable, non-elastic and absolute because they are not relative or subjective.

That's it if you still don't get it after this explanation there is no hope for you as you would surely be consigned and fated to burn in a musical hell being tortured by out of tune instruments and massively off key singers!

cwang50LEVEL 60

Reply by cwang50GOLD

"That's it if you still don't get it after this explanation there is no hope for you as you would surely be consigned and fated to burn in a musical hell being tortured by out of tune instruments and massively off key singers! "...as it do what it do..on singsnap