The Healing Power Of Music

This topic is listed in General Discussion. It has been viewed 2,891 times and 213 replies have been made.

<< Prev  
BarbaraMasonLEVEL 69

Reply by BarbaraMasonGOLD

music can soothe the soul.

JoysLaurlaiLEVEL 33

Reply by JoysLaurlaiGOLD

Hi I’m JOY,
Im new here ,, but my mama danced with me singing ,,, on carrying me on her hip. It’s my go too ! Always had a radio playing, exposed to every music around. Thankful to my parents for that.
VERY HEALING ALL MY LIFE. POWER IN IT.
I sing for the LOVE OF MUSIC .
Blessings to you all.

DyeHardLEVEL 77

Reply by DyeHardGOLD

yeap

mysticangelstormLEVEL 76

Reply by mysticangelstormGOLD +6

with my daughters passing music is a way to heal and to remember her...great article

BonnieK4506LEVEL 91

Reply by BonnieK4506GOLD

Music has always been so important to me. It keeps me going. Listening, singing, doesn't matter.

So glad I found SingSnap when I did! I believe everything about music being healing. Mentally and physically.

happyseniorLEVEL 66

Edited reply by happyseniorGOLD

It was over five years ago that I was diagnosed with cancer. I had a malignant tumor removed from my left thigh. Later in the year, I had a new tumor removed from my lymph nodes in my neck. The two tumors were of a different origin and name. At that time, I was not a Gold member of the group. I still was singing songs that only Singsnap would let me sing.

During one of my tougher days, I decided to become a GOLD member so that I could sing any song I wanted to. I found that singing was one of the tools I needed in my life to help me take away the darker clouds of cancer. I became a Gold member and have not looked back since.

I am still battling cancer, but I am also singing when I want and any song I want. I think I have recorded over 850 songs. It was never about singing like a pro, but singing for the enjoyment of singing. I live in Japan and this is where it has been said that karaoke began. I have been to many karaoke places, but in recent years, I have not been able to get out to sing as much as I would like to.

Singsnap has solved my problem, as it has given me a platform to sing whenever I want. You see, I have a very rare form of cancer called CUP (cancer unknown primary) which basically means that they do not know the source of any tumor that my body forms. I have been diagnosed as stage four with no hope to ever recovering.

But this diagnosis has NOT clouded my mind from living every day. In fact, I believe it has given me the strength to deal with my situation along with having God in my life more than ever before.

Music definitely can make any person feel better about themselves as well as taking one's mind off of one's illness.

I am so happy that I am a Gold member and for those who know me, now you know the rest of the story.

God bless you all,
John

singerman2008LEVEL 53

Reply by singerman2008GOLD

Music is such a wonderful healing to me. I love to sing from my heart. Thank you.

ChaLuv

Reply by ChaLuvGOLD

Where words fail, music speaks.

RdruLEVEL 59

Reply by RdruGOLD

Thanks

SingSnap_EventsLEVEL 66

Reply by SingSnap_EventsSPECIAL-EVENTS +6

ALOHA!! We're in Hawaii for The 'Lei'-Zy Daze of Summerfest 2019! Please join us!

FeelbettersinginLEVEL 29

Reply by FeelbettersinginGOLD

I have COPD and I found that it helps me a lot to sing because I have to control my breathing while I sing. I also found that it improved my mood after awhile. Great article.

familiarteaLEVEL 31

Reply by familiarteaGOLD

I firmly believe that one of the best sure fire ways to feel good is to have a bon fir on a beach/riverside. Music and moving water can literally soothe the soul and help make you feel better.

heart4u2loveLEVEL 44

Reply by heart4u2loveCHAT-ADMIN

I truly believe that music heals the very soul as it touches the heart when the lyrics mean so much to us

<< Prev