Old Town Karaoke in Secondlife

This topic is listed in Events. It has been viewed 1,589 times and 31 replies have been made.

FlingWingFlyerLEVEL 33

Edited post by FlingWingFlyerGOLD

Hello folks!
We have recently - about 4 months ago - opened a karaoke club in Secondlife.
Old Town is a lovely spot; the club is a gorgeous rendition of a 1920's speakeasy.

Where: Old Town Karaoke
When: Every Sunday night, 4-7pm Pacific time, or 7-10pm Eastern.
Host: FlingWingFlyer

For those who love Singsnap and happen to be in Secondlife, it's a great place to come, meet friends and sing along.
Those who don't have SL, it's easy to download and a starting avi is reasonably attractive.

Stop by and check us out - we'd love to have you!
No cover, no drama, just warm friends and lots of fun.

The link to the club is here:
maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Adagio%20Breeze/181/136/1201

The link to the music is here:
www.twitch.tv/oldtownkaraoke
Come out and enjoy!

ImaChristian2

Reply by ImaChristian2GOLD

How not cool to advertise this here. Think about it.

Holly-AnnLEVEL 68

Reply by Holly-Ann

Oooh I'm in sl...Do you ever use crossover from sl recording into singsnap though? Just curious, due to seeing this being advertised specifically here lol

Carolina_Denise09LEVEL 72

Edited reply by Carolina_Denise09GOLD

God knows the need so please say some prayers... Unspoken prayer request

I agree NOT COOL!

VitaminDeeLEVEL 101

Edited reply by VitaminDeePATRON +1

I agree NOT COOL!Carolina_Denise09

How not cool to advertise this here. Think about it.ImaChristian2

Hey

Maybe this clears it up.

Second Life is a virtual reality community with millions of users that has virtual businesses, bars etc and they are having a sing snap meet up. If anything, it could drive business to singsnap.com

We need all the friends we can get, right

This is no different than a bunch of us meeting face to face in a bar to sing karaoke, they are just doing it on line

I hope that helps

Happy singing, everyone

ImaChristian2

Hey

Maybe this clears it up.

Second Life is a virtual reality community with millions of users that has virtual businesses, bars etc and they are having a sing snap meet up. If anything, it could drive business to singsnap.com

This is no different than a bunch of us meeting face to face in a bar to sing karaoke, they are just doing it on line

I hope that helps

Happy singing, everyone VitaminDee

This is not the same at all. This is a business advertisement. It is not the same as a Singsnap meetup. Gimme a break. They are not using the services Singsnap offers, and I would love to give you the exact information (to give you a clear idea) but the link is dead. Why do you suppose that is? I dont believe SS provides the public boards for people to offer on line karaoke and its actually listed in the code of conduct.

Leave the suit at the office
Do not advertise your own commercial endeavors or promote competing websites anywhere on SingSnap.

Not cool. If I am reading this wrong and this site is not separate of Sing Snap, I apologies. I am often wrong and I will be the first to admit that. As for my opinion, here. It is not cool to advertise alternative Karaoke sites publically. If you have as many friends as you can get the word will spread just as quickly via PM.

VitaminDeeLEVEL 101

Hey

Maybe this clears it up.

I hope that helps

This is not the same at all. This is a business advertisement. It is not the same as a Singsnap meetup. Gimme a break. They are not using the services Singsnap offers, and I would love to give you the exact information (to give you a clear idea) but the link is dead. Why do you suppose that is? I dont believe SS provides the public boards for people to offer on line karaoke and its actually listed in the code of conduct.

Do not advertise your own commercial endeavors or promote competing websites anywhere on SingSnap.

Not cool. If I am reading this wrong and this site is not separate of Sing Snap, I apologies. I am often wrong and I will be the first to admit that. As for my opinion, here. It is not cool to advertise alternative Karaoke sites publically. If you have as many friends as you can get the word will spread just as quickly via PM.ImaChristian2

Hey Connie,

Second life isn't a karaoke site It's virtual reality

When i got to a singsnap meet up i am not using Singsnap's interface, i am using the equipment the bar has. It's the same thing

I am not a 2nd life user but i play one on TV

*Edited to fix a typo*

VitaminDeeLEVEL 101

@.ImaChristian2

http://www.twitch.tv/oldtownkaraoke

here is the link-- i got it to work

it's the same thing as if a bunch of us met up in face book chat

ImaChristian2

@.ImaChristian2

http://www.twitch.tv/oldtownkaraoke

here is the link-- i got it to work

it's the same thing as if a bunch of us met up in face book chat VitaminDee

Oh! Now I understand. You are asking me to click a link that takes me out of Singsnap. BAAHAAHA! I think not. I did Google, and I am now broadcasting, which is not what I intended.

Twitch: Everything You Need to Know - Lifewire
Jul 1, 2019 - Twitch is a popular online service for watching and streaming digital video broadcasts. When it was founded in 2011, Twitch originally focused almost entirely on video games but has since expanded to include streams dedicated to artwork creation, music, talk shows, and the occasional TV series.

I picked a random link with what I found, searching Karaoke Second Life

Posted April 10
Every Thursday from 4 to 7 pm SLT
This is a new group for recorded Karaoke singers. We do not sing live but sing other places and submit your links to our Karaoke so you can sing for a group of people.

I have a new club called SeaSide Karaoke and we had our first fun time last night (Thursday, April 4, 2019).

We are hoping to find new members who are not into the LIVE singing here on Second LIfe but those who like to record elsewhere and bring your links to our Karaoke. I hope you will join us. We really have a blast. Huggs!!!

Update
Posted April 14
We had a great turn out last Thursday. I hope you all will come and join us again this coming Thursday. We can play links from almost anywhere (Singsnap, Smule, Redkaraoke, Youtube, even .mp3 and .mp4) Come have a blast and meet new people. Huggs ~ Serenity

What I see, and what I saw the day I commented here, April 6th is this Threads big header that includes the word KARAOKE. The idea is to recruit people to join another community, using a free public forum SS provides here. It makes sense that SS would be a good place to find singers, then encourage them to utilize another site. The OP did not mention SS in the way of a member meet up. There isn't any mention of promoting SS, except from you, but you don't participate in 2life. I am not interested in any of it. I reacted to the OPs advertisement, "We have recently - about 4 months ago - opened a karaoke club in Secondlife."
Thank you, but I understand that Karaoke Djs. and Bars and we all,, use our own equipment. Singsnap provides me with the tracks I sing. Does the bar you referenced, go online and utilize Singsnap, or do they have their own tracks, on their equipment?
Do you understand the OP did not state, "Hey everyone! Log into SS Every Sunday night, 4-7pm Pacific time, or 7-10pm Eastern." I stand by my initial comment but thank you for explaining what a virtual reality site is. Which is far different then a business that has opened within that world looking to bring more people there to visit. I know you will have a great time, You are going, right? I think I am clear about why I wont be going. This redundant banter is finished. Loyalty is important to me and I tend to go beyond what is needed. I've made myself clear. I am a member and visit other Karaoke sites, most of us surf the web and socialize outside here. So what? That is not my issue. I can't be any more clear, Dee.

Andi_BeckhamLEVEL 64

Edited reply by Andi_Beckham

This is amazing, several of our friends in Second Life have signed up with SINGSNAP as it is our preferred place for 'recording' Not the competitors, but SINGSNAP, one of them even won a competition in SINGSNAP after we referred them...

You're welcome.

Our karaoke is on a G rated sim, we have a close-knit, respectful group.

Andi_BeckhamLEVEL 64

Reply by Andi_Beckham

Additionally, the virtual location is 'built' by me. I spend my own money on it, quite a bit because it is my hobby and I enjoy it. There is no fee for people to join us, never has been, never will be. It is not a 'business.' It is a mutual love of music - singing, and for myself, graphics, design, and creating something really cool in a virtual world. We love SingSnap and hope it does well and stays around for years to come.

Andi_BeckhamLEVEL 64

Reply by Andi_Beckham

Hey

Maybe this clears it up.

I hope that helps

Not cool. If I am reading this wrong and this site is not separate of Sing Snap, I apologies. I am often wrong and I will be the first to admit that. As for my opinion, here. It is not cool to advertise alternative Karaoke sites publically. If you have as many friends as you can get the word will spread just as quickly via PM.ImaChristian2

Hello there! Please see my prior two posts. I would also like to let you know I contacted SingSnap prior to FlingWingFlyer leaving a notice here that we stream our SingSnap songs while in Second Life to make sure it was ok. We love and appreciate SingSnap and were hoping to generate even more business for SingSnap.

Each person sends their SingSnap share link to the DJ, he plays it on the stream, your avatar performs.

We'd love if you'd join us! We enjoy a wide variety of music, Christian music is very much included. Bring your SingSnap links!! And do feel free to send a private message if you would like more information.

Second Life has a lot of live singers, but many of us love to sing, but just can't or don't want to do the live singing. So this is our alternative. Good music, great friends, and lovely environment.

ImaChristian2

Hey

Maybe this clears it up.

I hope that helps

Hello there! Please see my prior two posts. I would also like to let you know I contacted SingSnap prior to FlingWingFlyer leaving a notice here that we stream our SingSnap songs while in Second Life to make sure it was ok. We love and appreciate SingSnap and were hoping to generate even more business for SingSnap.

Each person sends their SingSnap share link to the DJ, he plays it on the stream, your avatar performs.

We'd love if you'd join us! We enjoy a wide variety of music, Christian music is very much included. Bring your SingSnap links!! And do feel free to send a private message if you would like more information.

Second Life has a lot of live singers, but many of us love to sing, but just can't or don't want to do the live singing. So this is our alternative. Good music, great friends, and lovely environment.Andi_Beckham

Thats awesome! Thank you for the clarification. I didn't understand that you were using Singsnap tracks with its members, but instead had separate tracks, studio and equipment. I apologize for anything I stated that may have been detrimental to the cause, especially because the answer to get me to shut up was as simple as yours. Good luck with this endeavor, and again, forgive me for misspeaking.

Andi_BeckhamLEVEL 64

Reply by Andi_Beckham

Hey

Maybe this clears it up.

I hope that helps

Second Life has a lot of live singers, but many of us love to sing, but just can't or don't want to do the live singing. So this is our alternative. Good music, great friends, and lovely environment.Andi_Beckham

Thats awesome! Thank you for the clarification. I didn't understand that you were using Singsnap tracks with its members, but instead had separate tracks, studio and equipment. I apologize for anything I stated that may have been detrimental to the cause, especially because the answer to get me to shut up was as simple as yours. Good luck with this endeavor, and again, forgive me for misspeaking.ImaChristian2

No worries and thank you!

ImaChristian2

Additionally, the virtual location is 'built' by me. I spend my own money on it, quite a bit because it is my hobby and I enjoy it. There is no fee for people to join us, never has been, never will be. It is not a 'business.' It is a mutual love of music - singing, and for myself, graphics, design, and creating something really cool in a virtual world. We love SingSnap and hope it does well and stays around for years to come.Andi_Beckham

I just read all the posts you have and, along with my apology, a word of thanks for being so nice is in order. I thought this was an entirely different thing, and I am glad to know Singsnap members and the songs they sing will reflect upon that rather then say Sunfly or whatever. Geez I better shut up now. Thanks again.

VitaminDeeLEVEL 101

Reply by VitaminDeePATRON +1

@Andi_Beckham

How many singers have been coming to your second life meet up?

ImaChristian2

Additionally, the virtual location is 'built' by me. I spend my own money on it, quite a bit because it is my hobby and I enjoy it. There is no fee for people to join us, never has been, never will be. It is not a 'business.' It is a mutual love of music - singing, and for myself, graphics, design, and creating something really cool in a virtual world. We love SingSnap and hope it does well and stays around for years to come.Andi_Beckham

That was a really nice introduction you provided, By the way.
Anyway, I was looking thru the public board, and this thread is under Singsnaps Events Topic. BAHHAA! If I wasn't laughing so hard thinking what an idiot I am for not noticing that in the first place , I'd be laughing about all the people that did notice and were laughing at me not noticing. How funny. Well see ya! LOL!

FlingWingFlyerLEVEL 33

Edited reply by FlingWingFlyerGOLD

How many singers have been coming to your second life meet up?VitaminDee

Hallo Dee - we have a fairly good crowd of people in the group; around fifty or so. Actual guests and singers vary night to night; it's usually around ten or so which is a nice round number. We have several regulars; some of whom have come from Singsnap, others who have joined Singsnap because of it. We just had a wonderful Tuesday when we had 14 singers and a total of about 16.

You can have a look at the place (Andi (A.K.A. Bekks) is a FABULOUS decorator!) here:
http://oldtownkaraoke.com/

VitaminDeeLEVEL 101

How many singers have been coming to your second life meet up?VitaminDee

Hallo Dee - we have a fairly good crowd of people in the group; around fifty or so. Actual guests and singers vary night to night; it's usually around ten or so which is a nice round number. We have several regulars; some of whom have come from Singsnap, others who have joined Singsnap because of it. We just had a wonderful Tuesday when we had 14 singers and a total of about 16.

You can have a look at the place (Andi (A.K.A. Bekks) is a FABULOUS decorator!) here:
http://oldtownkaraoke.com/FlingWingFlyer

That's awesome. I love gatherings face to face or online.

It helps folks not feel so alone.

Sing Snap chat is great tooo.

I love this site anytime day or night, i have someone to socialize with

Sethi_BeheometLEVEL 71

Reply by Sethi_BeheometPATRON

hey just a quick msg here....I've been to a few of these fantastic events over on SL and they are FUN!! These folks have a beautiful venue every time and lots of fun things to do before and after the karaoke! The people are about as nice as you could ever want to meet and everyone is welcomed with open arms. I've brought friends with me and they have all enjoyed it when they have been able to make it. It really is lots of fun! If you are on SL why not stop by and check it out! If you aren't on SL (Second Life) get in touch with me and I will be happy to help you out! (I am NOT paid or compensated in any way for this! I just like helping) You won't be disappointed!

marisalsaLEVEL 19

Reply by marisalsa

Right Second Life is a good place to get more people to come to singsnap... I have been a member of SL for many years, and Snap for many years.. Both are fun and like one member said before me it can possibly bring more members to SingSnap.... Geesh

Andi_BeckhamLEVEL 64

Reply by Andi_Beckham

Right Second Life is a good place to get more people to come to singsnap... I have been a member of SL for many years, and Snap for many years.. Both are fun and like one member said before me it can possibly bring more members to SingSnap.... Geeshmarisalsa

Come join us! We're on today at 4pm SLT (PST)
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Adagio%20Breeze/151/103/2881

VitaminDeeLEVEL 101

This is amazing, several of our friends in Second Life have signed up with SINGSNAP as it is our preferred place for 'recording' Not the competitors, but SINGSNAP, one of them even won a competition in SINGSNAP after we referred them...

You're welcome.

Our karaoke is on a G rated sim, we have a close-knit, respectful group.Andi_Beckham

How is the weekly meet up going?

JPickLEVEL 72

Reply by JPickGOLD

Hello folks!
We have recently - about 4 months ago - opened a karaoke club in Secondlife.
The link to the music is here:
www.twitch.tv/oldtownkaraoke
Come out and enjoy!FlingWingFlyer

Why didn't you make a playlist here on SingSnap for us to listen to? Instead of linking us out of here? Many people access SingSnap from their phones, and it's just easier to listen to music within SingSnap.
Also, there's a Message Board category here called "Promotion". Did you promote those songs sang at your SL events?

JPickLEVEL 72

Reply by JPickGOLD

Who's the DJ? Is he/she on SingSnap too? Can you share the playlist of SingSnap recordings on here?

ConnieGLEVEL 96

Edited reply by ConnieGGOLD

I been on SL for 11 years... recently gave up my wild west sims....
Guy from UK that used to be on here years ago called Mick does gigs there still and I go to his gigs sometimes...
So is this still going?

ConnieGLEVEL 96

Edited reply by ConnieGGOLD

Hey

Maybe this clears it up.

I hope that helps

There was a parcel (PIECE OF LAND.SIMULATOR IN SL ) that was called SINGSNAP KARAOKE LOUNGE in SL in the first days of SL...SL logo was there the lot... suspect 'archived' somewhere on the boards now.. so this isn't the first of this at all...
People really need to know what SL first hand before they think that this is trying to recruit people to SL they can go together as much as sharing links to FACEBOOK do.

ConnieGLEVEL 96

Reply by ConnieGGOLD

I took a visit on my avi and bookmarked it eheh

ImaChristian2

ConnieG

Well I haven't seen you in forever. And yes, I stand corrected. There was another thread similar to this that set me straight as to how it works. They were very patient and kindly explained it to me. So yeah, you are right. And stop using my picture. LMAO!

ConnieGLEVEL 96

Reply by ConnieGGOLD

ConnieG

Well I haven't seen you in forever. And yes, I stand corrected. There was another thread similar to this that set me straight as to how it works. They were very patient and kindly explained it to me. So yeah, you are right. And stop using my picture. LMAO!ImaChristian2

That's cos I been in Second Life... ahah

Andi_BeckhamLEVEL 64

Edited reply by Andi_Beckham

ConnieG

Well I haven't seen you in forever. And yes, I stand corrected. There was another thread similar to this that set me straight as to how it works. They were very patient and kindly explained it to me. So yeah, you are right. And stop using my picture. LMAO!ImaChristian2

That's cos I been in Second Life... ahahConnieG

What a great pic! We're still hosting karaoke there, our times are Tues 4-7pm SLT, Thurs 5-8pm SLT, and Saturdays 3-6pm SLT I've added a western themed skydome to the mix too! Feel free to look me up under 'land owner' =D

ConnieGLEVEL 96

Reply by ConnieGGOLD

ConnieG

That's cos I been in Second Life... ahahConnieG

What a great pic! We're still hosting karaoke there, our times are Tues 4-7pm SLT, Thurs 5-8pm SLT, and Saturdays 3-6pm SLT I've added a western themed skydome to the mix too! Feel free to look me up under 'land owner' =DAndi_Beckham

Hehe thanks.. although sporting a Genus head right now so bit different...
Ok cool... will be a bit busy in SL for a while.. am helping out with their official SLB17 (as stage crew for the performers streams etc) busy training /huds for it/ and when thats all over.. if I not scheduled any of those times you put I will come on by!