THE BEST DANG COUNTRY CONTEST EVER!!--FINALS!!

This topic is listed in Contests - Completed. It has been viewed 1,668 times and 110 replies have been made.

Next >>
SheilaLEVEL 50

Post by SheilaGOLD +1

WOW, THAT'S ALL I HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THE TALENT YOU GUYS DISPLAYED. THIS ROUND WAS SUPPOSED TO HAVE 6 CONTESTANTS BUT DUE TO AN UNBREAKABLE TIE WITH THE GUYS, THERE WILL BE 7. THAT'S HOW CLOSE THESE ROUNDS ARE AND HAVE BEEN!

GUYS IN THE FINALS

JBSYTES
SKSOUTH
STPHQ
TORNADO

GIRLS IN THE FINALS

FIDDLER
LUVYNMYSOLDIER
NOVELLA

I HOPE EVERYONE HAS HAD FUN IN THIS CONTEST, THAT IS THE GOAL, I AM SORRY THAT ANYONE HAD TO GO, BUT IN ORDER TO GET TO THE END THEIR HAD TO BE CUTS! IF I HAD MY CHOICE, I WOULD JUST KEEP DOING ROUND AFTER ROUND WITH EVERYONE!

PART OF THE REASON I LIKE DOING COUNTRY CONTESTS IS THAT I FEEL THAT COUNTRY GETS A BAD RAP. ALTHOUGH THEIR IS A HISTORY IN COUNTRY MUSIC OF I LOST MY WIFE, DOG, AND KIDS, AND MY HOUSE BURNT DOWN AND THE CAR WON'T RUN, COUNTRY MUSIC IS ABOUT SO MUCH MORE THAN THAT. FOR THE FINALS, SING ME A SONG THAT IF I WERE AN ALIEN VISTING FROM ANOTHER PLANET WOULD TELL ME EXACTLY WHAT COUNTRY MUSIC IS OR WHAT COUNTRY LIFE IS LIKE.

NO PRE-RECORDS
NO DUETS OR HARMONIES

ENTRIES ARE DUE TUESDAY 9:00 P.M. SINGSNAP TIME

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!

BeckyLEVEL 3

Reply by Becky

Good Luck Everyone! I'll miss you all...sorry if I don't check in on the progress as we'll be on the road, but I know you'll be awesome! Hugs, Becky

NovellaLEVEL 110

Reply by NovellaSNAP-STAR +48

Homeward Bound!

:oO!!!!!

Oh. My. Goodness!

After hearing the song choices from the last round I thought I was a total goner! Well, well, well. As cliche as it sounds what an absolutely honour to still be in this competition.

Everyone has been so supportive and friendly. The judges have been timely and have come up with really interesting and creative themes. Everything has run so smoothly and I have full confidence it will continue to be brilliant!

Huge thanks to everyone for their kind words and of course to the judges for considering my music worthy of continuing in the competition.

Way cool theme - now I've got to think of a song!!! Good Luck to everyone and to those who we lost this round... Sincerely - you've each amazed me. Bravo!

SheilaLEVEL 50

Reply by SheilaGOLD +1

BUMP!!

Tonya_GLEVEL 25

Edited reply by Tonya_G

Oh wow, I am completely surprised to have a spot in the Finals...the competition was fierce!! You ladies and guys are all top notch in my book!! Thank you for letting me through to the Finals .

MitchRobertsLEVEL 4

Reply by MitchRoberts

Kudos to the judges, I would not have wanted to have to make the kind of choices you've had to make all the way through this contest, you've done a GREAT job!

Comisserations to those who didn't make it to the finals, you sang some great songs and did so with STYLE!

Congratulations to those who did make the finals!! I SAID that the entry's were so close that it was going to be almost impossible to choose!!

Now I'm going to settle back and wait for some more excellent singing!! Good Luck!!!!!

jbsytesLEVEL 3

Reply by jbsytes

This is probably the best statement about Country Music as I have ever seen. I thought I would pass it along.

"Well I believe it means a lot of things; mostly I think it means roots. Country Music is steeped in history. Things like the Grand Ole Opry are traditions that will be around forever. And they are just as exciting today as they were 50 years ago. Most new artists and musicians in Country Music carry a deep respect for their heroes who came before them, like a tradition that's passed down from generation to generation. I don't think you find that as much in any other musical genre. But most of all its music by and for real people. Most Country Music fans feel as if they know the artists they enjoy personally, and I believe that's because the songs reveal true stories, emotions and feelings that we can all relate to. And finally there isn't as much smoke and mirrors as you find in other styles. You can either play your instrument, sing, and deliver your music or you can't. The proof is in the pickin'."

Hot Apple Pie.

jbsytesLEVEL 3

Edited reply by jbsytes

Im off to find that one song that says all of that.

Grats to those who have made it to the finals, and a Big Thank You for allowing me to continue.

Again, to the ones who didn't make it, Thanks for making it a true challenge. I didn't think I would get this far.

Good Luck to the rest of us. May the best Woman or Man win. : )

kindhartdmanLEVEL 49

Reply by kindhartdmanGOLD

good luck all

SKSOUTH

Reply by SKSOUTH

Thank you for bringing me to the finals! Ok, wow! As I said last night, we have some amazing singers here so I am honored.

I think as a group, from the time this contest started to now, everyone has really demonstrated what country music is really all about. The care, support and encouragement to better ourselves and shine despite the challenges we face.

For those who didn't make it, you were awesome and I tip my hat to you!

Good luck to everyone!

karokequeen

Reply by karokequeenGOLD

Good luck you guys!!!! You are almost done!!!!!!_____It was a lot of fun!!!!!!_____Donna

LaurieRoss_Fiddler1LEVEL 19

Reply by LaurieRoss_Fiddler1

OMG< Thank you so much, Now I really thought I was out of this by now, Everybody is so Awesome. I feel so honored.

Ashley73

Reply by Ashley73

Congrats to all of you who made it to the finals!! woohooo!! I will be sticking around coming back to hear all of you!!! Thanks for letting me get this far Spen and Bailey! Its been a pleasure, I had a blast, and it was a real pleasure meeting some new ppl, thats my favorite part of being in a contest I must say!! So thank you again for running such a wonderful contest with some GREAT singers! Good luck to you all, can't wait to hear more awesome singing!!! CONGRATS again guys and gals!! and great job to both of the judges!!
~Ash~

baileykj01LEVEL 4

Reply by baileykj01

Just checkin' in:)

SKSOUTH

Reply by SKSOUTH

I considered many songs which really tell a good story about what country is and I had various reasons why I didn't choose some of them.

But the whole time since I found out I made it to the finals I was thinking about it; What would an alien think if he heard each of these songs?

I sing a pretty good Hank Jr. - Country folks can survive and this was my first choice, it's even on my profile! But it's about survival and country ways.

I can sing Trace Adkins songs well enough to make people like em but the best choice there - Songs about me and my second choice, is about some of life's challenges and personal desires.

He knows that life is full of trials and tribulations as he is a living being himself. He presumably has emotion or he wouldn't care to listen to music so he knows the roller coaster. So what would draw an alien to listen to country music above all the others?

The history? No, all music has history and once he found he liked country music, he would surely learn about it's rich and colorful history from the from porches in the Appalachian mountains all the way to the seawall in Galveston and over to the dock of the bay in San Francisco.

Honesty, pure and simple. With country music, you get what you see. Sure Bubba shot the jukebox and everybody sings love and loss songs. There are tearjerkers and there are really happy songs and the one thing they all have in common is honesty.

So I reached back through the mists of time and pulled out an old favorite of mine that I feel represents all that country is!

I hope you like it.

Tom T. Hall - Country Is
http://www.singsnap.com/snap/r/b0b96a0a

SKSOUTH, Now I was just sitting working on that very song, guess u knocked that one out of the park. LOL

SKSOUTH

Reply by SKSOUTH

SKSOUTH, Now I was just sitting working on that very song, guess u knocked that one out of the park. LOL Fiddler

I'm sorry! I was worried someone would get to it before me! Hope you liked it!

jbsytesLEVEL 3

Reply by jbsytes

Man o Man, this is gettin harder everytime I look at it. I think Im down to three song choices.

Good song choice SK, I had thought of that one too, but decided that it would be the most sought after song, so I didn't choose it. Maybe I should have. LOL

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR,,,,,which one should I do,,,,,,ARRRRRGGHHHHH decisions decisions. : (

NovellaLEVEL 110

Homeward Bound!

I've no sweet CLUE what to sing... None what-so-ever... HAHAHA

I gotta check out SKs... LOL

SKSOUTH

Reply by SKSOUTH

Man o Man, this is gettin harder everytime I look at it. I think Im down to three song choices.

Good song choice SK, I had thought of that one too, but decided that it would be the most sought after song, so I didn't choose it. Maybe I should have. LOL

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR,,,,,which one should I do,,,,,,ARRRRRGGHHHHH decisions decisions. : (jbsytes

Hey JB, man I didn't write it above but I was worried you'd get to it before me!

This is a challenging round for sure!

jbsytesLEVEL 3

Reply by jbsytes

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR,,,,,which one should I do,,,,,,ARRRRRGGHHHHH decisions decisions. : (jbsytes

Hey JB, man I didn't write it above but I was worried you'd get to it before me!

This is a challenging round for sure!SKSOUTH

LOL Great minds think alike eh : )

Hoghoney

Reply by Hoghoney

Well it looks like your roundup is going in full swing. I am so proud of you and how very well you singing is coming along. You deserve to be on top of the world and singing loud for all to hear. Congrats on making it to the finals,

YEEE, HAAAAA, Way to go get'em

MitchRobertsLEVEL 4

Reply by MitchRoberts

Marking my spot and bumping us up to front page. Great Song, SK! I can't wait to see what the others come up with!!

jbsytesLEVEL 3

Reply by jbsytes

Im coming up blank at the moment.
LOL

Yeah I know what u mean, I have been through the alphabet @ least 3 times.

SheilaLEVEL 50

Reply by SheilaGOLD +1

I have faith in you guys, you will come up with something really good, I know it!!

SKSOUTH

Reply by SKSOUTH

Never fear! I am here to cheer you all on!

Mitch, thanks for the comments!

Ya'll check this guy out!

SheilaLEVEL 50

Reply by SheilaGOLD +1

Bump

NovellaLEVEL 110

Homeward Bound!

I still have no sweet clue
:o(

I'm torn between going literal or figurative...
Or just singing from 'the heart' for what country music means to me and finding a song that encompasses that...

*sigh*

LOL! I am off to the gym. I fully intend to have this done by tonight. I think I've browsed their entire country catalogue... so I just gotta pick a song I guess..

stphqLEVEL 16

Reply by stphq

novella,, i'm torn also.,., but i'm thinking i'm gonna do a song that i feel shows a characteristic of what country music means to me and what i get out of it...

SheilaLEVEL 50

Reply by SheilaGOLD +1

I love that you guys are thinking so hard on this. I am impressed with your commitment. I can't wait to hear ya!!

SheilaLEVEL 50

Reply by SheilaGOLD +1

This is probably the best statement about Country Music as I have ever seen. I thought I would pass it along.

"Well I believe it means a lot of things; mostly I think it means roots. Country Music is steeped in history. Things like the Grand Ole Opry are traditions that will be around forever. And they are just as exciting today as they were 50 years ago. Most new artists and musicians in Country Music carry a deep respect for their heroes who came before them, like a tradition that's passed down from generation to generation. I don't think you find that as much in any other musical genre. But most of all its music by and for real people. Most Country Music fans feel as if they know the artists they enjoy personally, and I believe that's because the songs reveal true stories, emotions and feelings that we can all relate to. And finally there isn't as much smoke and mirrors as you find in other styles. You can either play your instrument, sing, and deliver your music or you can't. The proof is in the pickin'."

Hot Apple Pie.jbsytes

I could not agree more. Honesty is the root of it all!

stphqLEVEL 16

Edited reply by stphq

right peeps,. heres my entry...

Phil Vassar - "This is God"

http://www.singsnap.com/snap/r/be1158032

ok, for me, country music is about telling it like it is, whether thats good or bad... showing emotions what ever they may be and telling stories in the songs lyrics... so for me this song has great emotion, shows humans that we aren't perfect and tells a story from a great point of view...

WHO IS MORE COUNTRY THAN LORETTA LYNN??
I searched for 3 hours last night and about 2 this morning, any way here it is,

Loretta Lynn
You're Looking At Country
http://www.singsnap.com/snap/r/b7c089da

baileykj01LEVEL 4

Edited reply by baileykj01

WOW, THAT'S ALL I HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THE TALENT YOU GUYS DISPLAYED. THIS ROUND WAS SUPPOSED TO HAVE 6 CONTESTANTS BUT DUE TO AN UNBREAKABLE TIE WITH THE GUYS, THERE WILL BE 7. THAT'S HOW CLOSE THESE ROUNDS ARE AND HAVE BEEN!

GUYS IN THE FINALS

STPHQ Phil Vassar - This Is God http://www.singsnap.com/snap/r/be1158032

SKSOUTH Tom T. Hall - Country Is http://www.singsnap.com/snap/r/b0b96a0a

JBSYTES
TORNADO

GIRLS IN THE FINALS

FIDDLER You're Looking At Country - Loretta Lynn http://www.singsnap.com/snap/r/b7c089da

LUVYNMYSOLDIER
NOVELLA

I HOPE EVERYONE HAS HAD FUN IN THIS CONTEST, THAT IS THE GOAL, I AM SORRY THAT ANYONE HAD TO GO, BUT IN ORDER TO GET TO THE END THEIR HAD TO BE CUTS! IF I HAD MY CHOICE, I WOULD JUST KEEP DOING ROUND AFTER ROUND WITH EVERYONE!

PART OF THE REASON I LIKE DOING COUNTRY CONTESTS IS THAT I FEEL THAT COUNTRY GETS A BAD RAP. ALTHOUGH THEIR IS A HISTORY IN COUNTRY MUSIC OF I LOST MY WIFE, DOG, AND KIDS, AND MY HOUSE BURNT DOWN AND THE CAR WON'T RUN, COUNTRY MUSIC IS ABOUT SO MUCH MORE THAN THAT. FOR THE FINALS, SING ME A SONG THAT IF I WERE AN ALIEN VISTING FROM ANOTHER PLANET WOULD TELL ME EXACTLY WHAT COUNTRY MUSIC IS OR WHAT COUNTRY LIFE IS LIKE.

NO PRE-RECORDS
NO DUETS OR HARMONIES

ENTRIES ARE DUE TUESDAY 9:00 P.M. SINGSNAP TIME

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!

jbsytesLEVEL 3

Reply by jbsytes

Im still at a blank, but maybe today, I'll find the song im looking for.

NovellaLEVEL 110

Homeward Bound!

Okay... I got my song...
GOD HELP ME IF SOMEONE SINGS IT BEFORE I GET A CHANCE!
:o(

I've been searching for days for the perfect, non-typical tune.. LOL!!!

I got some stuff to do... Shower, clean-up and get dinner started but then I will do it.. so please.... please don't anyone post for a few hours! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Tonya_GLEVEL 25

Reply by Tonya_G

I'm still at a loss ...

NovellaLEVEL 110

Homeward Bound!

Tonya... do ya have any in mind?
What IS country to you?
And when you define it... what song comes to mind?

SKSOUTH

Edited reply by SKSOUTH

Just stopping in to show some love!

Listened to here, WOW!!!!

NovellaLEVEL 110

Edited reply by NovellaSNAP-STAR +48

Homeward Bound!

Finally! I am done!

Daddy Never Was The Cadillac Kind - Confederate Railroad
http://www.singsnap.com/snap/r/be1169af2

I explained why I chose it in the notes!!!

But in short: When it comes to music.. "Country" ain't the Cadillac kind! !

*phew*

Thanks Y'all!
I'll be around to listen shortly!

NovellaLEVEL 110

Homeward Bound!

Tonya_GLEVEL 25

Reply by Tonya_G

I thought I had a song picked out...but I changed my mind. I have now officially decided on a song though... and will be trying to record it shortly . Sorry it's taking me so long.

MitchRobertsLEVEL 4

Reply by MitchRoberts

Listened to here, and the Finalists aren't going to make it easy on the judges, but then, that's been the way it's gone all the way through this contest!! Good Luck Guys!!

NovellaLEVEL 110

Homeward Bound!

I can't wait to hear ya girly!!!!!!

NovellaLEVEL 110

Homeward Bound!

Just checkin' in...

Tonya_GLEVEL 25

Edited reply by Tonya_G

Grrr...dang audio issues...I've been trying to record, but the audio is all fuzz . I will have something in before the deadline...hopefully tomorrow, but definitely before the deadline. I will be doing my listening in the A.M. as well .

SheilaLEVEL 50

Reply by SheilaGOLD +1

Yeah, it has been a tough day on the site today.

MitchRobertsLEVEL 4

Reply by MitchRoberts

Bumping us up to page 1!

MitchRobertsLEVEL 4

Reply by MitchRoberts

Bumping us up to page 1!MitchRoberts

Again!!

Ashley73

Reply by Ashley73

WOW I've listened to everyone so far and my goodness everyone is doing amazing jobs!! well done you guys/gals!!! This has been a GREAT contest!! awesome singing for sure!!
~Ash~ xxx

Next >>