This topic is listed in Recording Help & Tips.
It has been viewed 4,520 times and 26 replies have been made.

barrybailey40

Edited post by barrybailey40

barrybailey40

Reply by barrybailey40

barrybailey40

Reply by barrybailey40

Using the settings above,....speak loudly into your microphone and gradually turn up the "gain" dial.Paying close attention to the level indicator lights on the right side of your mixer.
Once you have the gain up high enough that the red lights come on to indicate "over powering" then slightly turn the gain down.
Your mixer is currently set to the maximum level for your microphone,without distortion.
NOW...be sure to turn the level in the channel to about 12 noon.

wellfield

Reply by wellfieldGOLD

Is it basically the same for an Alisis multimix 8 USB Barry..I've had mine for over 2 years and still aint' got a clue and just keep it on the '00' setting...I can hear all the different effects through my mixer but they never transfer to the recording!...I only have one set of RCA cables and not even sure if I have them in correct!

wellfield

Reply by wellfieldGOLD

flag

MJinTO

Reply by MJinTO

flagged...Thank you Barry!

barrybailey40

Edited reply by barrybailey40

Is it basically the same for an Alisis multimix 8 USB Barry..I've had mine for over 2 years and still aint' got a clue and just keep it on the '00' setting...I can hear all the different effects through my mixer but they never transfer to the recording!...I only have one set of RCA cables and not even sure if I have them in correct!wellfield

I have set this tutorial up a little different than the ones I have done in the past.
Alot of people are using their mixers for chat as well as recording.
By setting up the mixer with 2 sets of cables,this allows you to bring the music to the mixer.Once the music is present,it is easier to use the mixer to change from a "stereo mix" type of set up(for chat) to recording just the vocal (on the recorder).
Down in the bottom right corner of the mixer,there is a button labelled "to stereo/to monitor" selecting "stereo" will send all sounds on the mixer back to the soundcard to be captured if singing in a chat room.Having the button in the "monitor" position will stop the 2TR input (music from soundcard)from being sent back out of the mixer,resulting in capturing ONLY the vocal for use in the singsnap recorder.
It is alot easier than changing the windows settings to "stereo mix" and back to "mic" from one application to the other.

wellfield

Edited reply by wellfieldGOLD

On my Alisis at bottom right it has 3 white rectangular buttons L to R (2TK to mix)which is up....(2TK to CTRL ROOM)....which is up....(Mix to CTRL ROOM)...which is down....I have my RCA cables in the top far right sockets (White in white)...(Red in red)....then they go ino rear of computer.......the only other knob I use is the one that says (Effects/Aux Ret B Level) I use that one for more or less echo..... is all of the above right for recording,I'm not interested in chat.

flatduck

Reply by flatduck

if your mixer has a usb port the usbcable does the exact same thing as what B arry is explaining meaning it takes the music out to the mixer and send it back in through your pc

flatduck

Reply by flatduck

the rca plug conection where you plug them alldepend on the function you expect them to do

wellfield

Reply by wellfieldGOLD

Well'...I expected them to give me the use of all 99 functions on the mixer..and yes I do have a USB port and cable.....and once again I'll ask the question:is all of the above (on my post) the right set up for my mixer in order for me to utilize all the functions on my Alisis 8 multi-max mixer

flatduck

Reply by flatduck

anything you do on your mixer is going to change you finish product asuming your not using ss mixer on top cause if you let ss do the final mix it don t matter much where you set the buttons on your mixer

flatduck

Reply by flatduck

where is the rca plug ging go to behind your pc

flatduck

Reply by flatduck

chances are that unless you do like havefriends come over and plug maybe 3 microphonesa keyboard and add acouple guitars you may never need the 99 function

wellfield

Edited reply by wellfieldGOLD

Hi again flatduck..thanks for your interest...I am' not very computer savy so you have to bear with me......OK.my RCA cable has the two 1/8th male fittings,one red,one white which I plug in the red and white female connections where it says (out) located at the top right of my Alisis mixer.....at the other end of the cable I have three 1/8th male fittings,1 orange,1 green and 1 black,I have the orange in the orange slot,the green in the green slot and the black in the only slot left which is blue,all plugged into the rear of my computer tower.

(This is a separate issue)....When I use my 'external' SoundBlaster Xf-i pro surround 5.1 I plug the orange/green and black in the external sound card as shown in the instructions...I get all the 'creative' effect on my computer,which are tremendous! but when I listen to my songs on my son's computer,I don't get the 'creative' effects,just the normal sound........do you know if there is a sound card that will transfer my 'creative' effects to another listeners computer!....Thanks....Campbell

wellfield

Reply by wellfieldGOLD

barrybailey40

Reply by barrybailey40

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii240/wellfield/multimix8usb_angle_med.jpg
my mixerwellfield

Hi Wellfield
Please leave the info on the thread for your mixer and I will get back to you
http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/forum/topic/bc264fc
--Barry--

wellfield

Reply by wellfieldGOLD

OK Barry....I already did on this thread and I sent you a PM...I imagine you're very busy...anyhoo' here's the info:Alisis Multi-Mix 8 USB...had it for over two years so it's probably an older model....I also am' seeking help on my SoundBlaster Xf-i Pro 5.1(external) but that's a separate issue...I outlined the problem in the above post....Thank You!

MJinTO

Reply by MJinTO

I thought this thread was for help with the Yamaha mixer...

wellfield

Reply by wellfieldGOLD

Well!!...Scuuuuse Me!!

flatduck

Reply by flatduck

well ........scuuse me 2

wmccorm

Reply by wmccorm

i'm flagging this to see if i can help MJ to get her mixer working,von

ELVIS_USA

Reply by ELVIS_USAGOLD

*elvis_usa*sings*confederate railroad*"queen of memphis" r/b3abd2fd8

AHHH :o) ITS NICE TO SEE MORE OF YOU LEARNING ABOUT AND TAKING A INTEREST IN THE YAMAHA MG82CX NOW!!! THE ONLY MIXER I HAVE EVER USED AND TO THIS DAY STILL DO... :o) AND HAS OFFERED ME FLAWLESS!! PERFORMANCE FROM THE DAY I GOT IT ON 03-10-07 TO PRESENT. BRAVO barrybailey40RECORDING-SUPPORT "WELL DONE SIR" .

MemphisBluesMan

Reply by MemphisBluesManGOLD

I'm Back!!!!.....Kinda

Anybody have any experience with a Yamaha AudioGram6 Mixer
My OS is Windows 7.......Thanks.....Bill

k2501961

Reply by k2501961GOLD

Bill,

I don't but here's the website for it with manuals, information and drivers:

http://usa.yamaha.com/products/music-production/interfaces/audiogram/audiogram6/?mode=model

We'd be happy to try to answer any questions you have about this.

~ Chris

Anybody have any experience with a Yamaha AudioGram6 Mixer
My OS is Windows 7.......Thanks.....BillMemphisBluesMan

bluekentuckygirl

Reply by bluekentuckygirlGOLD

Flagging

Topic Closed
This topic has been closed and will not receive any new replies.