WELTIA & ‘Notable Performance’ Club

This topic is listed in Challenges & Themes - Completed. It has been viewed 18,073 times and 828 replies have been made.

- Next
KerJ

Edited post by KerJ

My first comment is to ask very politely not to post any song links on this thread unless you are a club member and fully understand what this club is all about.

The ‘We Listen To It All’ club is attracting new members on a daily basis. These are members who wish to acknowledge the efforts of other singers on the site and it is not for self-promotion.

For a variety of reasons it is not always possible to listen to a song from start to finish. It could be because you have to answer the phone, or hang the washing out, or just don’t like the rendition and can’t bear it a moment longer! However, the singer doesn’t really know whether they have received a full listen even when you leave a comment. Up to now, that is, because we have a small graphic available to every member of this club that indicates a thorough listen.

You don’t have to use the graphic at all and you are not committed to listen to every song you stumble across on Singsnap from start to finish but if you do use it you are honour bound to have used it properly!

The graphic doesn’t show properly on the message board here because different coding is used for the song comment section. However, if you copy the section below and paste it into the comment section of the song you are listening to it will display properly:

Click the happy face to learn more about the 'We Listen To It All Club'. We are committed to listening to an entire song and no return listen required!

(Shanda is always on hand to answer technical stuff if you get confused).

To become a member, simply announce your intention to join on this thread. In so doing you are agreeing to follow the rule that if you use the graphic…you have listened to a song in its entirety.

At the time of writing we have grown to over 80 members and I felt that it was time to create some added interest rather than simply listing the members names, (although this list will be updated regularly and new members are always welcome).

Every week, beginning Sunday at 9am, Singsnap time, each member can nominate ONE song from any rendition on Singsnap, posted by another Singsnap member DURING THE PREVIOUS WEEK ONLY.

This is to showcase anyone, not just other club members and you must not use it to self-promote. The nomination will be for our ‘Notable Performance’ showcase.

You should supply the Singsnap member’s name, the song, the genre, the link and the reasons why you have chosen it as per the following example:

Notable Performance Nomination
Singsnap Member: Joebloggs
Song: Over the Rainbow
Genre: Rock
Link: www.1234xyxsingsnap.watchnlisten.com
Reason for nomination: I felt that this was a fine example of blah blah etc great stuff blah excellent etc etc (write as much as you want here)

There is no commitment to do this as a club member and neither is there a commitment to listen to any of the songs posted. However, I think it is only fair that if you do post up a nomination you listen to at least three others posted up during the week. Remember it is ONE song only for the nomination, so you may have to do some soul searching to pick just the one!

If you wish to pass comment on another member’s ‘notable performance’ choice on here, please bear in mind that the Singsnap member being showcased may not know about the club and may take exception to undue criticism. Having said that, empty ‘awesomes’ also add nothing to the content of the thread! Speak your mind if you wish but keep it positive. After all, someone will have chosen that rendition as their favourite of the week so it is likely to have something special about it.

Each member will have their own measurement for their chosen song, so the nomination will encompass all kinds of renditions and genres. We undoubtedly frequent different parts of the site and have different musical tastes.

I have no idea at this stage whether there will be just a handful of nominations per week or dozens. Lets see how it pans out!

Finally can I ask people to avoid glittery graphics on the thread. It’s a pet hate of mine!

Happy listening!

WELTIA club members to date are:

Micflex
typomaniac
noelsgrandpa
rokin1
KerJ
Malevans
Connieg
shandakr
grammatea4u
stannyjoe
karens_music
miss_thing
SingingTaz
TxSweetHrt
butterflyfantasy
lisa_beth53
dbraldley
ConnoisseurCandy
DejaHere
BKC
Dynalin
XXsmurfetteXX
Tanqueri
Jimscot
CANDY52PLAYER
madamblue
MemphisBlueMan
Sunshine
Saphire59
Paulinex54
LuvMyMusic
Cotten
Misswillie
JCD
Elronda
Nora_xx
SuthernBelle
tombrien
karencita
maryann
alice_mms
SugarBabe4u
shazza65
jarcher48
TxGaGa
Sandii
fullofheart
sthrnlady
krazy4u69
Soul_Knight
songsinger_333
Wc-Brave-Wind
BoneyMaroney
simmie
Licensed412
shygirl2008
mamaknowsbest
StarZona
pam7
conscience
WannaBeLOL
dasmusic
sharssmokin
monetd2s
beautiful_stranger
Mariner
Saraelizabeth
Lisa_beth53
Rerun
Alaskaboy
Kookie51
Benjiwolf
Shannan
Singin_Angel
dihiflyer
hotingreen
norsehorse
Margy
KaraokeKrackpot
VoiceofElk
Lovingheart27
Crooner7

Risky

Reply by Risky +2

flagged now i go read

KerJ

Reply by KerJ

Sorry it is a bit long winded! I wanted to get the first post just right to avoid any 'misunderstandings'.

XXsmurfetteXX

Reply by XXsmurfetteXXGOLD +6 +6

Merry Crimbo & a very Happy New Year to all my SS friends :D xxx

flagging ello Kerry , Pam

MemphisBluesMan

Edited reply by MemphisBluesManGOLD

Flagging!!!!!! Great Idea........

-Bev-

Reply by -Bev-COMMUNITY-ADMIN +13

Wishing you all a Very Merry Christmas and All the very Best for the coming New Year

checking in and flagging...

DebPG13

Reply by DebPG13GOLD +2

Flagging........

Deb

KerJ

Edited reply by KerJ

I'm sharing the notification messages with Tas so apologies if there is any overlap. One thing I have noticed as I travelled about through the home pages was how many people have added the graphic to their page! Wonderful to see!

Remember that the graphic should be replaced with the new one so anyone clicking on it gets sent to this new home rather than the old one. Sorry to give you this extra work but I think it was necessary to clearly show on the first post that we are a distinct group from one with a similar sounding name on the board. Not only that but the new nomination idea needed a good airing.

DebPG13

Reply by DebPG13GOLD +2

Sorry it is a bit long winded! I wanted to get the first post just right to avoid any 'misunderstandings'.KerJ

GREAT idea Ker!!!!!

Sunshine

Reply by SunshineGOLD +3

Hi all you wonderful people....checking in and flagging!!! Looking forward to listening to the entries and hope our wonderful club grows by leaps and bounds!!!!

KerJ

Reply by KerJ

Sorry it is a bit long winded! I wanted to get the first post just right to avoid any 'misunderstandings'.KerJ

GREAT idea Ker!!!!!WannaBeLOL

Thank you!

Risky

Reply by Risky +2

Wonderfull job on this ker..Hope it all goes to plan.
Lookin forward to seeing what happens & its sure goin to be fun !!

ConnieG

Reply by ConnieGGOLD +2 +6

christmas (you're getting a) cane! battle 2

Linkage Test.. flagged

-Tas-

Reply by -Tas-GOLD +4

hi I'm finally hereeeeeeeee...messages sent. : )

KerJ

Reply by KerJ

hi I'm finally hereeeeeeeee...messages sent. : )grammatea4u

Thanks Tas. You're a star!

Singin_Angel

Reply by Singin_Angel

flagging

Micflex

Reply by Micflex

Here....Bright eye'd and bushy tailed!!!

KerJ

Reply by KerJ

If anyone wants to start the ball rolling for the 'Notable Performance', you would be posting a song recorded between 9am Sunday 16th August (SS time) and 8.59am Sunday 23rd August.

I just found one...sung on 15th August lol..rats!. I can hardly post that up and break the rules on the first post now can I?

hotingreen

Reply by hotingreenGOLD +5

O Holy Night <3 watchandlisten/play/c6bccd83d

Flagged!

Southern-Ladies

Reply by Southern-LadiesGOLD

Hello, checking in and flaggin'!

KS_Kutie

Reply by KS_KutieSPECIAL-EVENTS +1 +2

flagged !

-Tas-

Reply by -Tas-GOLD +4

grrrrrrrrrrr the noteable I had was done yesterday..ahhahaah

dbraldley

Reply by dbraldley +4

popping in to say hello huggs everyone

-Tas-

Reply by -Tas-GOLD +4

oh but wait..I have one..brb

-Tas-

Reply by -Tas-GOLD +4

singsnap member: Jessi
song: Not Pretty Enough
Genre: Country I think
Link: http://www.singsnap.com/snap/r/bda2ba24
I posted this one here because Jessi has one of the best voices I have ever heard. She's one of those performers where you would feel like posting every single song she does here as most noteable...If you ever get the chance listen to the song she has done with the title God's Will.

Southern-Ladies

Edited reply by Southern-LadiesGOLD

I'd like to nominate a new member I found on"welcome the new kids on the block" This guy does an impression of Regis Philburn ...funny stuff.

Recording Date: Aug 22, 2009 at 4:54 PM

Member: RegisPhilbin

Song: Can You Feel The Love Tonight

Artist: Elton John

http://www.singsnap.com/snap/r/baa5a1e2

I chose him because he is funny, does a good impression and is attracting a lot of attention this song alone has more than 70 views.

Deja-Benjiwolf

Reply by Deja-Benjiwolf

flagged

Southern-Ladies

Reply by Southern-LadiesGOLD

I sure hope I did that nomination right. I had to edit twice, lol. You should hear this guy he has other songs,The one I nominated was the only one I saw in the right date range. This is such a cool idea.

Rubyroo

Reply by RubyrooGOLD +2

Christmas song time...:) catch up on listens very soon! x

what a very cool club! thanks to pam for highlighting this :))

Rubyroo

Reply by RubyrooGOLD +2

forgot to flag

-Tas-

Reply by -Tas-GOLD +4

woooooooohoooooooooooo rubyroo...is with us...hi ruby

Rubyroo

Reply by RubyrooGOLD +2

hiya tas!!!! yup im here!!

but now im going to bed! im soo tired tonite...but catch up with you all tomorrow :))

DejaHere

Reply by DejaHereGOLD +1

DejaHere is here and flagging. I am happy to see the direction this category has taken! Thank you, and I'm happy to be a member..... Deja

miss_thing

Reply by miss_thingPATRON

im here! thanks to Ker for the pm!

Sunshine

Reply by SunshineGOLD +3

Have now added our graphic to my profile page......what a great idea!!!

miss_thing

Reply by miss_thingPATRON

ohhhh i love the noteable performance that is very cool

alaskaboy

Reply by alaskaboyGOLD +5

Jingle Bells :-)

alrighty! got the msg!

Margy

Reply by Margy

Just a thot ...i havent seen this in the thread....I leave the smiley as soon as i get in the song ...after the song i leave a comment ....that is to re-assure them i have been there thru out the song....I dont know how inportant you think that is to the singer.......but i do....the comments may not all be the same as the talent with each one is diff.....if this is not acceptable pls let me know .....Margy

-Tas-

Reply by -Tas-GOLD +4

Margy that is perfectly done...I sort of do the same thing..I'll come in and say hi there...listen..then leave the smiley with the rest of my comment

SingingTaz

Edited reply by SingingTazGOLD +2

flaggin....

Margy

Reply by Margy

cool .....good to go lol

jarcher48

Reply by jarcher48GOLD +2

kewl.. flaggin....see ya in a little while..going to see my granny at the hospital...she has been really ill.....hugs..jeanne

GlaszEyes

Reply by GlaszEyesGOLD +1 +11

I'm missing my late father, mother, and grandmother so much... brokenhearted.

Finally made it... I've been sick and sleeping and then I got up and my Internet was out. ACK.

*waving hello to everyone*

Rerun

Reply by RerunGOLD

Flagging

Regi

Reply by Regi

^,^ ok well sometimes i sing along...while i listen or hum ..or play solitaire but most MOST of the time i always do listen to the end ...life sometimes pulls me away

i'd like to be a member toooo ^,^

TXGaGa

Reply by TXGaGa +3

Flaggin'
Going to post this on my profile.
Hope ya'll doing the same?

Hello smurfette
You weren't first to post on here? LOL!!!!!

TXGaGa

Reply by TXGaGa +3

Oh sorry....HELLO to you too, Shandakr!!!!

Torrielynnmusic

Reply by TorrielynnmusicGOLD

Somewhat new to singsnap. My first real getting involved. I like this idea. I posted this on my profile. Great idea... Flaggin

-Tas-

Reply by -Tas-GOLD +4

This group is growing like a wildfire,,but we're not destructive..love it

Joney

Reply by JoneyGOLD +2

Flagging this new thread and grabbing the new link to put on my profile.

Hugs
Joan

Pauline_Raina

Reply by Pauline_Raina

Flaggin.....Great going Ker....Thanks Tas for the headsup.....I think this is going to serve the community real well.....especially all those wonderful singers out there deserving a good listen....wooohoooo here we come :))..already replaced the graphic...works well....So can we start posting nominations already???? see Tas you've got yours in ...off to do a listen :))....hugz..Paula

- Next