AUGUST 2020 GATLINBURG TN. MEET UP

This topic is listed in Events. It has been viewed 4,730 times and 236 replies have been made.

<< Prev  
falconess09LEVEL 91

Reply by falconess09PATRON +4

Surprise Visit from my Daughter and Granddaughter on my birthday.........be back in a couple of days

John,
Please put me down as a maybe. If the C19 doesn’t slow down, I won’t be traveling interstate. And I really wanted to meet all of you too.
Penni

Stoney_RoadsLEVEL 65

Reply by Stoney_RoadsPATRON

Checking in.... I believe I have everyone who responded in the chart. If anyone is changing their plans or any adjustment needs to be made please let us know on the thread and I will make any necessary changes to the attendance chart. Thanks!
JohnArgent

Yes John you have my information correct. You can list my name as Gregg for those who do not know me by my first name.

ArgentLEVEL 78

Reply by ArgentGOLD +2

I'm living on the side of peace... take a moment and smile...

Brianw7117LEVEL 74

Edited reply by Brianw7117GOLD

15TH Through To The 19TH

COME JOIN ME 2020 AUGUST 15TH-19TH , FOR SOME KARAOKE FUN , AWESOME SOUTHERN FOOD , ACTIVITY AND STUNNING SCENIC VIEWS IN THE GATLINBURG, TENNESSEE SMOKEY MOUNTAINS ..

Our Meeting Place will Be Saturday August 15th at 7PM to 1AM CRAWDADDY'S Dinner @ 7PM Conversation with friends till 8:30 , Then Karoke Fun from 9PM to 1AM,

CRAWDADDY'S

LINK TO MAPS

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN ATTENDING PLEASE CONFIRM HERE or via private message

****ATTENTION ATTENDEES ****

I HAVE SET UP A PAYPAL POOL , LINK PROVIDE BELLOW THIS MESSAGE, THIS WILL BE USED FOR YOUR PLEDGES AND YOUR COVER CHARGE ,
(YOUR SPOUSE AND OR YOUR INVITE THAT IS NOT A SING SNAPPER DOES NOT HAVE TO PAY THE COVER CHARGE) AS YOU ALL KNOW IT TAKES MONEY AND CUNNING PLANNING, TO MAKE THINGS RUN SMOOTHLY THE WAY WE WANT THEM TOO I WANT TO THANK YOU ALL IN ADVANCE FOR COVER CHARGE AND MOST CERTAINLY YOUR PLEDGES , IT IS VERY APPRECIATED .

SINCERELY
BRIAN AKA (Brianw7117)

Brianw7117

sjb9031LEVEL 65

Reply by sjb9031GOLD

just lookin in..

Stoney_RoadsLEVEL 65

just lookin in..sjb9031

Hope all is well Shirl!

QTBUNZLEVEL 89

Reply by QTBUNZGOLD +2

Good morning everyone.. just wanted to say I am still lurking and working in the background. Please everyone stay safe. Have an awesome. day. Virtual hugs to you all.

BugLEVEL 68

Reply by BugGOLD

Peeking in. Hope this finds everyone safe and well

Can't wait to meet y'all!

sjb9031LEVEL 65

Reply by sjb9031GOLD

just lookin in..sjb9031

Hope all is well Shirl!Stoney_Roads

lol.. all is very well Gregg

ArgentLEVEL 78

Edited reply by ArgentGOLD +2

ArgentLEVEL 78

Reply by ArgentGOLD +2

FLwingnutLEVEL 93

Edited reply by FLwingnutGOLD +4

HI BRIAN, JOHN, and DEBORAH

IT sure is not looking to favorable here in Florida

The guests that I was inviting have lost interest in going out of State

Janet and I are still holding out hope but it sure looks iffy the end of this month

We will see how July does

Don

Michaelccdd54LEVEL 76

Reply by Michaelccdd54PATRON

Janet and I are still holding out hope but it sure looks iffy the end of this month

Don FLwingnut

Yep I agree. I had high hopes that things would be better by August but its not looking good right now. I will wait until Aug 1st to make a decision as that is the date that I can cancel our Airbnb and get my money back. Our American Legion started karaoke back up last Friday night and we left went it started getting crowded. Sharing a microphone now days is suspect.

ArgentLEVEL 78

Don FLwingnut

Yep I agree. I had high hopes that things would be better by August but its not looking good right now. I will wait until Aug 1st to make a decision as that is the date that I can cancel our Airbnb and get my money back. Our American Legion started karaoke back up last Friday night and we left went it started getting crowded. Sharing a microphone now days is suspect.Michaelccdd54

I have decided I won't be going either for the same reasons.

Michaelccdd54LEVEL 76

Don FLwingnut

Yep I agree. I had high hopes that things would be better by August but its not looking good right now. I will wait until Aug 1st to make a decision as that is the date that I can cancel our Airbnb and get my money back. Our American Legion started karaoke back up last Friday night and we left went it started getting crowded. Sharing a microphone now days is suspect.Michaelccdd54

I have decided I won't be going either for the same reasons.Argent

I sure hope that if things are still the same that they will at least consider changing the dates. Had a friend just got back from Gatlinburg and she stated that it was wall to wall with people and no one was wearing mask. Still have hope that things get better.

falconess09LEVEL 91

Reply by falconess09PATRON +4

Surprise Visit from my Daughter and Granddaughter on my birthday.........be back in a couple of days

I will not be going now.
C-19 is too rampant and hard to contain.
I am wondering what will happen with schools.
Our NC governor tells us his decision tomorrow for state guidelines. Then the school systems go into combat mode (that is what I am calling it).
Take care everyone.
Penni

BugLEVEL 68

Reply by BugGOLD

If the Covid numbers continue to rise, I will have to cancel. American Air is flying full capacity and I cannot risk it as I have an autoimmune disease. Maybe things will get better.

Michaelccdd54LEVEL 76

If the Covid numbers continue to rise, I will have to cancel. American Air is flying full capacity and I cannot risk it as I have an autoimmune disease. Maybe things will get better. Bug

ditto lol

ArgentLEVEL 78

singdeedeesingLEVEL 99

Reply by singdeedeesingGOLD +3

Just letting everyone know that I AM going whether anyone else does or
not. My sister and I are NOT going to allow ANYTHING to stop us
from having a decent vacation!!!!! Also, I am being told that the
Gatlinburg gathering could be canceled?????

islandgirl54LEVEL 67

Reply by islandgirl54GOLD

I was there 3 weeks ago and there were hundreds of people on the streets with hardly ANY wearing masks and few places with sanitizer at the door...

Such a shame..

BugLEVEL 68

Reply by BugGOLD

I was there 3 weeks ago and there were hundreds of people on the streets with hardly ANY wearing masks and few places with sanitizer at the door...

Such a shame..islandgirl54

People are nuts...lol

Michaelccdd54LEVEL 76

Gatlinburg gathering could be canceled????? singdeedeesing

Don't blame you. I just want to wait until it is safe as I'm excited about getting a hug from you, Bug and Shirl and that 5 foot nothing gal and Sandra.
At the legion last Friday night we went at 4 to eat and left when the crowd started coming in. No mask and everyone was hugging and a few were kissing. I'm sure when karaoke started they were all sharing the same mic.

singdeedeesingLEVEL 99

Gatlinburg gathering could be canceled????? singdeedeesing

Don't blame you. I just want to wait until it is safe as I'm excited about getting a hug from you, Bug and Shirl and that 5 foot nothing gal and Sandra.
At the legion last Friday night we went at 4 to eat and left when the crowd started coming in. No mask and everyone was hugging and a few were kissing. I'm sure when karaoke started they were all sharing the same mic.Michaelccdd54

No what I meant Michael was this: I am STILL going even if they CLOSE Gatlinburg. I will just stay in my cabin and relax the whole time in the hot tub, drink my wine and forget about the rest of the world for a few days!!! I will also do my own cooking in our cabin and I think everything will be just fine plus, I will be OUT of dodge for a change!!

Michaelccdd54LEVEL 76

I understand what you meant. What I meant was that if the meetup stills happens we would be mingling with old and new friends and the chances are much greater of coming in contact with the virus.

Your plan is basically what you are doing now at home. Staying mostly home and being careful when you go out. More power to you. Take your laptop and sing karaoke while your there. Be sure and take plenty of wine. lol

singdeedeesingLEVEL 99

I understand what you meant. What I meant was that if the meetup stills happens we would be mingling with old and new friends and the chances are much greater of coming in contact with the virus.

Your plan is basically what you are doing now at home. Staying mostly home and being careful when you go out. More power to you. Take your laptop and sing karaoke while your there. Be sure and take plenty of wine. lolMichaelccdd54

Yep and it gets me out of DODGE for a while is the whole point!! Do you know HOW long it has been since I had a decent vacation?? TOO long is the answer!! I am taking PLENTY of wine!!!!!!

BugLEVEL 68

Edited reply by BugGOLD

I hated to do it, but I canceled my flight today for Gatlinburg. American Airlines is flying at full capacity and I just can't risk it. Hopefully we can get it set up for another time and if the virus is gone by then , I will surely be there.

QTBUNZLEVEL 89

Reply by QTBUNZGOLD +2

Don FLwingnut

I have decided I won't be going either for the same reasons.Argent

I sure hope that if things are still the same that they will at least consider changing the dates. Had a friend just got back from Gatlinburg and she stated that it was wall to wall with people and no one was wearing mask. Still have hope that things get better.Michaelccdd54

Hi Don...totally understandable hon. When I spoke with the gal from Crawdaddies she informed me the numbers of covid cases have doubled in Gatlinburg. I doubt I will be making it either as they are saying the borders from Canada to the U.S. may be open this time NEXT JULY. *sighs* It is more important that everyone stays safe and healthy.

sjb9031LEVEL 65

Reply by sjb9031GOLD

I cancelled our reservations at the hotel in Gatlinburg for Aug get to gether..
very disappointed.. but just too dangerous to think about right now..
so Toni, Bug and I will not be there.. maybe later on.. or next year..

singdeedeesingLEVEL 99

Guess I am not going either. What a disappointment!!
But, guess it IS better to be safe than sorry......................

ArgentLEVEL 78

HightonesLEVEL 62

Reply by HightonesGOLD

I’m still going

Stoney_RoadsLEVEL 65

I’m still goingHightones

You have to go! you live close and you are listed twice on the list. My wife does not sing and she is listed with me. That probably brings down the going to 10. I will check with Penny and make our decision when the time comes. I should check with my reservations on my cancellation policy.

I think the main thing is stay out of crowds and social distance. There is virus in many areas.
Gregg

ArgentLEVEL 78

Thanks Gregg! You have a keen eye!

BugLEVEL 68

Reply by BugGOLD

I’m still goingHightones

You have to go! you live close and you are listed twice on the list. My wife does not sing and she is listed with me. That probably brings down the going to 10. I will check with Penny and make our decision when the time comes. I should check with my reservations on my cancellation policy.

I think the main thing is stay out of crowds and social distance. There is virus in many areas.
GreggStoney_Roads

My ticket was non-refundable. They will give me credit for another flight.

Stoney_RoadsLEVEL 65

I’m still goingHightones

GreggStoney_Roads

My ticket was non-refundable. They will give me credit for another flight.Bug

Let’s set up a ss meeting in Hawaii! We can go there instead!

<< Prev