Do You Duet?

This topic is listed in General Discussion. It has been viewed 5,090 times and 299 replies have been made.

<< Prev  
KimerooLEVEL 81

Reply by KimerooGOLD

Rock on ...r/b887dd59f

wow this is such an inspiration ~ makes me wanna duet!!
great comments!!
hope ya'll had a nice Mother's Day

DrsWoodardLEVEL 103

Reply by DrsWoodardGOLD +5

IS THIS LOVE / Bob Marley watchandlisten/play/b8646637f

I'm a dueting dandy

DrsWoodardLEVEL 103

Reply by DrsWoodardGOLD +5

IS THIS LOVE / Bob Marley watchandlisten/play/b8646637f

Thanks for your time and information it's been helpful

txspicesLEVEL 36

Reply by txspicesGOLD

I love to sing duets, but im just coming back to sing and my voice isn't yet where it should be, my throat is really tight yet too but ill get there and when I do look out.

patpikerLEVEL 103

Reply by patpikerGOLD +1

ilove singing duets have copd and it can be tough at times but I love singing &always will try as much as I can

ClarelolaLEVEL 75

Reply by ClarelolaGOLD +6

I do a few duets...not too many as the songs I listen to and know generally aren't duets...but I do enjoy it when I find a song that attracts me! Always a pleasure to sing with others!

ragtime108LEVEL 92

Reply by ragtime108GOLD +5

For people really interested in duet-ing more, there is a "Duets" thread on the Message Board with lots of open duets ... http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/forum/category/a11dc

ErelaLEVEL 57

Reply by ErelaGOLD +5

Tummy aches suck...Puppy waking me up at 1 am sucks.... almost 4 need sleep...BBL

Hi Novella....
I am back..... and I have so missed my SS family!!
Hakatol
Erela

MysteriousSopranoLEVEL 87

Edited reply by MysteriousSopranoGOLD

CARUSO ~ Lucio Dalla

Yes I do love to duet!!

My first duet here in SingSnap was when I was participating in the first contest I participated here. Unfortunately, I don't have that recording anymore.. But I remember who was my "partner in crime" (as he himself called). I became sad and shocked when I discovered in a SS Angels recording that he (CassiarIV) was not with us anymore.

I have many duets with my friend EnioPedrozo, such as: http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/r/c4ba9d83d . It's always a pleasure to sing with him.

I "met" Jane (after her life) in VitaminDee's Most Awesome Christmas Playlist of 2017 contest and I recorded with Jane (JCD) some duets, like: http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/r/bd8a36cf3 . It was amazing.

I love so much this duet with my "sis" Poppy: http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/r/bab0c394d . It's wonderful.

I also recorded many other great duets with other singsnapers.

And my favorite partner to duet is my girlfriend Ana (AkashaMoonShadow). One of our duets that I love so much is: http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/r/b47751077

Richie24_7LEVEL 19

Reply by Richie24_7

to compare Garth & Trisha to others WHO were staples of the word Duet..is embarassing, and with out actual researching on your part..1. Garth left his wife sandy & children..for Trish the home wrecker, cant stand either one of them..nuff said. What about Loretta & Conway? Dottie & Kenny? or Tanya & Campbell? Jim Ed Brown & Helen Cornelius? to list a few. Duets help perpetuate each others careers, or can ruin them..like Dolly & Porter. i do believe there is power in Duets..if Done Right.

2heartsAMDGLEVEL 62

Reply by 2heartsAMDGGOLD +1

I love duets.

I listen start to finish to every duet of mine that has been completed. It's not an obligation-- it's a joy. It takes courage to sing on the internet for all to hear. I hope when folks join me they feel truly heard and appreciated.

There is a popular HOT duet right now-- and I hate this song so much

It makes my skin crawl-- the singers are wonderful but the song itself is cringe worthy.

ANY way after several requests and some good advice from a professional musician who said "We get paid to sing songs we hate nightly- you just do what ya gotta do", I decided to start learning it.

While I hate this song, I loved how it brought strangers from around the world in song. for 3.5 min, no one is arguing, hating or talking politics, they are just singing and communicating love in the form of song. That's is nice

I made myself learn it and learn how to sing it. It was outta my comfort zone vocally. It was hard to capture the emotion cos of my disdain of the song.

I learned that singing is "acting on pitch" and I wanted to be able to sing with my friends.
I love the comradery and the feeling of accomplishment when hearing a completed duet.

If me providing an open duet of a song I hate brings joy to someone else---IT WAS WORTH IT!!!

MUCH love to you & happy singing!!

VitaminDEEEEEVitaminDee

I am dying to know wthe song

NightstarLEVEL 25

Edited reply by Nightstar

DaveoliverLEVEL 89

Reply by DaveoliverGOLD

Yes I like duets you need to get the right balance

sandannieLEVEL 93

Reply by sandannieGOLD +1

I can't du-et, I just seems like any time I think I really might, someone with huge vocals slips in and gets it done before me, gets great comments, and off I go again to pout. I'm just not duet material...darn it. Rant...over.

PabloCruzLEVEL 84

Reply by PabloCruzCHAT-ADMIN

I like to sing duets as well

littlewilliamLEVEL 39

Reply by littlewilliam

sometimes

oocindylouwho

Reply by oocindylouwhoGOLD

I enjoy reading this board and keep it on my favorites to check in off and on. I LOVE hearing duets on SS. Two for the price of one is always awesome Keep singing duetters!!!

jazzie78LEVEL 87

Reply by jazzie78GOLD

Duets are my favorite.

Boopy1988LEVEL 47

Reply by Boopy1988GOLD

Songs sound so much better when done with friends :o)

RichAllenLEVEL 71

Reply by RichAllenGOLD

I've done a couple, don't get me duet partners though, possibly due to the time difference issues of when I'm on and stuff.

fla_beach_bunnyLEVEL 82

Reply by fla_beach_bunnyGOLD

Love to duet

SallygalLEVEL 32

Reply by SallygalGOLD

I found a great duet partner on here. I dont understand tho why all his former partners then got bent. Lots of pple to duet with here. When you find someone who can match your timing and blends well, thats a good thing! This isnt Jr High, but at times it feels like it.

millercoatofarmsLEVEL 53

Reply by millercoatofarmsGOLD

I enjoy harmonizing with other people. It makes me feel like I know a little part of them.

Holly-AnnLEVEL 66

Reply by Holly-AnnGOLD +1

I LOVE duets...I have all my official one's listen on my profile, and love to join other people on theirs! You NEVER know what (or who!) you're gonna find!

DCHLEVEL 51

Reply by DCHPATRON

I didn't do much in the way of dueting for a long time. THEN I had someone "hijack" one of my recordings and loved it so much...well...my name is Dan and I am a duet-aholic! Finding (stumbling onto) someone with which I have real musical chemistry is the single most fun and rewarding thing I've done on Singsnap. In just over a month we have completed duets on over 40 songs! We both do duets with others too. My wife even enjoys listening to the duets I have done with my new friend and observed "your voices really compliment each other"! I still like my "alone" time too, but to say I like doing duets would be a major understatement!

VonnieHughesLEVEL 82

Reply by VonnieHughesGOLD

I love to do duets! I'm not the best singer, but I think I sound better when I'm singing with someone else, or someone else is singing with me

foxmyisterLEVEL 47

Reply by foxmyisterGOLD

Just a question regards duets. Haven't done many but would maybe like to find a partner in the near future two maybe entre the odd contest.. I'm not a video person but would have ago at most songs. I guess what I want to know is how do I go about finding a singing partner.. Cheers Michael.

MoonD4234LEVEL 75

Reply by MoonD4234GOLD

FloridaLoveLEVEL 58

Reply by FloridaLoveGOLD

mack1111LEVEL 59

Reply by mack1111GOLD

once in a while.

Lisa_ReneLEVEL 63

Reply by Lisa_ReneGOLD

I love duets... I rarely set them up because more often than not, I don't have any takers.

Bonbon14_1

Reply by Bonbon14_1PATRON

Not very often cause hardly ever get any takers.....

MetalBeastLEVEL 8

Edited reply by MetalBeast

This reply has been moderated due to spamming.

Greg862LEVEL 30

Reply by Greg862

It has been a while since my last recording. Just wanted to contribute to this topic that singing duets can be more fun than you might expect. I have made a few nice acquaintances here at SS as a direct result of participating in a duet with others. Go for it...you will love it!

bahallmanLEVEL 58

Edited reply by bahallmanPATRON

Hello fellow SS'ers. I've been a member of SS for about two and a half years. I have initiated and followed in duets. When I follow, it has always been welcomed; and I had, for all this time, thought that there was no need to ask permission to sing with someone. Just recently I did a duet with a lady. It was done in all innocence and for the fun we are supposed to have on SS. Two days later I received this:

"I really don't appreciate you singing on my duet partners voice for your own enjoyment. I know she doesn't appreciate it either. We both have sang together exclusively for ten years and we keep our comments closed for a reason. Mainly people like you. There are thousands of women on this site for you to sing with so go mess with them."

That took the wind out of my sales. So now I will ask all you ladies for permission. For all to know that I have, as you, made many friends and acquaintances on SS. All is in fun. I have a profile. I'm soon to be 79, and have been married 54 years. I don't mess around.

So men beware. Don't assume.

VitaminDeeLEVEL 99

Reply by VitaminDeePATRON +3

RIP-KellyAnne gonna miss you!|||| Sept 20th-Flowery Branch, GA USA Meet up

Hello fellow SS'ers. I've been a member of SS for about two and a half years. I have initiated and followed in duets. When I follow, it has always been welcomed; and I had, for all this time, thought that there was no need to ask permission to sing with someone. Just recently I did a duet with a lady. It was done in all innocence and for the fun we are supposed to have on SS. Two days later I received this:

"I really don't appreciate you singing on my duet partners voice for your own enjoyment. I know she doesn't appreciate it either. We both have sang together exclusively for ten years and we keep our comments closed for a reason. Mainly people like you. There are thousands of women on this site for you to sing with so go mess with them."

That took the wind out of my sales. So now I will ask all you ladies for permission. For all to know that I have, as you, made many friends and acquaintances on SS. All is in fun. I have a profile. I'm soon to be 79, and have been married 54 years. I don't mess around.

So men beware. Don't assume.bahallman

Oh no
That's a bummer. I'm so sorry that happened to you

Please please please don't allow one negative situation to ruin your fun

If they didn't want company they should have turned the "allow duets" feature off

That falls on them and not you

If someone has a song on their open duet screen, then that's an invitation for anybody on this site to sing it

Don't feel badd, I got chewed out

For joining a guy on his open duet by his partner. It was a duet song on his open duet tab. His girl had tons of open duets yet flipped out on me

I don't care -I just assume they've got issues that have nothing to do with me

You keep on singing, ya here

JamieL2170LEVEL 71

Reply by JamieL2170GOLD +1

Prayers for Ronnie..AKA Runge. Heaven gained a special man. Hug Dennis for me please

Just getting back into doing more duets..my RIP singing partner Dennis was the harmony king..I so miss him...he made me love duets.

bahallmanLEVEL 58

Reply by bahallmanPATRON

So men beware. Don't assume.bahallman

Oh no
That's a bummer. I'm so sorry that happened to you

Please please please don't allow one negative situation to ruin your fun

If they didn't want company they should have turned the "allow duets" feature off

That falls on them and not you

If someone has a song on their open duet screen, then that's an invitation for anybody on this site to sing it

Don't feel badd, I got chewed out

For joining a guy on his open duet by his partner. It was a duet song on his open duet tab. His girl had tons of open duets yet flipped out on me

I don't care -I just assume they've got issues that have nothing to do with me

You keep on singing, ya here VitaminDee

Thank you Vit-D - We have met before I think. and sung a duet if my memory hasn't left me. Thank you for encouraging me to continue as nothing happened. I appreciate your note. Bryon

Green-Street-CharlieLEVEL 49

Reply by Green-Street-CharlieGOLD

Duets are in my wheelhouse, because I love to harmonize, even my own attempts! I only hope no one feels I'm stepping on their lovely piece of work.

ScarletDream68LEVEL 50

Reply by ScarletDream68GOLD

BarbaraMasonLEVEL 69

Reply by BarbaraMasonGOLD

I love duets

DyeHardLEVEL 77

Reply by DyeHardGOLD

yes

swtgajeannieLEVEL 79

Reply by swtgajeannieGOLD

I duet sometimes

BonnieK4506LEVEL 91

Edited reply by BonnieK4506GOLD

I've been very lucky to find some GREAT duet partners...guys and gals...on here! So much talent on this site! I LOVE to DUET!! We've done some trio stuff too....that was a blast!

walkergangLEVEL 30

Reply by walkergangGOLD

What's not to like? You get to sing with some very talented people and in some cases, learn their back story and what motivates them to sing.

It's not just a web site, it's a community and nothing demonstrates that more than the duets.

rowenusmcLEVEL 58

Reply by rowenusmcGOLD

Commenting gets me a point. LOL

ChaLuv

Reply by ChaLuvGOLD

I love duets!! Sometimes I choose to harmonize with another random SingSnapper.

familiarteaLEVEL 31

Reply by familiarteaGOLD

One of my very first Karaoke experiences was a duet of sorts. I was singing Tribute from Tenacious D and my friend Richard was playing air guitar as my Kyle Gass. He's still one of my best friends. I don't know if it's coincedence or not, but I believe music can definitely bring people together.

heart4u2loveLEVEL 44

Reply by heart4u2loveCHAT-ADMIN

Love to duet and it’s always great to meet new people this way

<< Prev