Do You Duet?

This topic is listed in General Discussion. It has been viewed 3,754 times and 262 replies have been made.

Next >>
NovellaLEVEL 111

Post by NovellaSTAFF +28

If anyone is interested in being a site volunteer (Chat Room) Let me know! <3

by sweetcheeks27

Two Voices Are Better Than One!

In the past and present duets and the passion for singing, have brought many celebrity couples together and married. Trish Yearwood and Garth Brooks originally met in 1987 while recording a demo and immediately shared a lot of chemistry together. In 2005 in front of a crowd of about 7000 people, Brooks proposed and the couple was married shortly after. Today the couple has proven their marriage is strong and they currently continue to perform together at different events.

Faith Hill and Tim McGraw first met in 1994 but were at different points in there lives. It wasn't until 1996 that they had officially performed in a tour called " Spontaneous Combustion" and since then had undeniable chemistry between each other. They spent all their time together at home, the studio, and even backstage. They had been so comfortable together that they called the tour bus the "love bus". They were eventually married on October 6th 1996. They have proven that the memories they made by singing together have been the best memories.

SingSnap is much more then just a karaoke site, it is more of a family community that comes together from other parts of the world and shares their passion for music. There are challenges and contests happening all the time that keep the interest and love for music. The most popular one is always the duet-a-thon and sometimes it not only goes for a full day but it extends another day just because it is so popular. The community loves to come together through music!

SingSnap has changed so many lives through the power of duetting. The friendships that have formed lead to special bonds which change lives forever through marriage or lifelong bonds. I personally am friends with couples who now share their lives together because of that special bond created through SingSnap!

For me personally I was very nervous "duetting" as I had been shy and never thought my voice was good enough. So I was very weary about making my recordings public. But little to my surprise I had an individual sing with me and had told me that I had sounded great and to put myself out in the community more because he had loved singing with me. Just by that comment alone, I realized the community and the people in it were caring and amazing. Just by being nice and showing others you care can change lives and create friendships, and that is what SingSnap and duet's has done for me. To feel confident, and have fun and make memories that will be cherished for a lifetime.

Do you like duet on SingSnap? How do you find your duet partners? Share your opinions and thoughts on how duet's have changed your life! We'd love to hear your story!

Happy Singing!

ChadCLEVEL 63

Reply by ChadCGOLD +1

trojan55LEVEL 111

Reply by trojan55PATRON +8

#BADGEBUSTER

I do a few duets, but, most of the time only with my Wife ..

cannotsing24LEVEL 106

Reply by cannotsing24GOLD +10

Yes, I love Duets by shy to sing with someone ,,,,,,,sure

trojan55LEVEL 111

Reply by trojan55PATRON +8

#BADGEBUSTER

I do a few duets, but > oooops, I was doing both parts ..

MatkamLEVEL 104

Reply by MatkamGOLD +3

Most of our Happines Arises from the context of our relationship with others

I duets

YankeeBerniceLEVEL 46

Reply by YankeeBerniceGOLD

As often as possible!

Me_JoyceLEVEL 108

Reply by Me_JoyceGOLD +10

I wish more guys would do duets, with the ladies.. Seems over the past 5 years there are less and less..

Angelgirl758LEVEL 111

Edited reply by Angelgirl758GOLD +22

Dr. Singsnap Challenge: r/c568e086d

I love duets....in case anyone didn't know LMAO.

VitaminDeeLEVEL 99

Reply by VitaminDeePATRON +2

Duet Lovers: Join the fun-find a partner-starting next week- a 3 round DUET contest CLICK HERE

I do a few duets, but, most of the time only with my Wife .. trojan55

AWWWW that is so sweeeet

Carol-ALEVEL 105

Edited reply by Carol-AGOLD +3

U.R. ALWAYS & RIGHT NOW , IN MY PRAYERS <3

He heard me sing Earth Angel, when he first came on line and that was the beginning of a romance I will never forget...… He now is very sick with re occurring throat cancer and needs the prayers of everyone. Please Pray for Longhalltrucker4u... I want him well so bad ~! thanks to any who pray. I know Ken appreciates it as I do.

From that day on he became my singing partner, I didnt sing with but a few others now and then but always sang with my Ken...…..

DaBratttLEVEL 102

Reply by DaBratttGOLD

I love duets! I usually randomly pick a partner and join them on their part! I think it’s easier to harmonize if they have already done their part! I have some open duets and occasionally someone comes along and finishes them! But I have found that most recordings don’t even get looked at until or unless it’s entered into a contest or challenge! I guess we all have our own opinions on the subject!

VitaminDeeLEVEL 99

Edited reply by VitaminDeePATRON +2

Duet Lovers: Join the fun-find a partner-starting next week- a 3 round DUET contest CLICK HERE

I love duets.

I listen start to finish to every duet of mine that has been completed. It's not an obligation-- it's a joy. It takes courage to sing on the internet for all to hear. I hope when folks join me they feel truly heard and appreciated.

There is a popular HOT duet right now-- and I hate this song so much

It makes my skin crawl-- the singers are wonderful but the song itself is cringe worthy.

ANY way after several requests and some good advice from a professional musician who said "We get paid to sing songs we hate nightly- you just do what ya gotta do", I decided to start learning it.

While I hate this song, I loved how it brought strangers from around the world in song. for 3.5 min, no one is arguing, hating or talking politics, they are just singing and communicating love in the form of song. That's is nice

I made myself learn it and learn how to sing it. It was outta my comfort zone vocally. It was hard to capture the emotion cos of my disdain of the song.

I learned that singing is "acting on pitch" and I wanted to be able to sing with my friends.
I love the comradery and the feeling of accomplishment when hearing a completed duet.

If me providing an open duet of a song I hate brings joy to someone else---IT WAS WORTH IT!!!

MUCH love to you & happy singing!!

VitaminDEEEEE

SadieBabesLEVEL 111

Reply by SadieBabesGOLD +1

SingingRainbowLEVEL 106

Reply by SingingRainbowSPECIAL-EVENTS +9

J&D's Country girls @ heart#98 in auditions NOW! Click here ladies!

Great article Lori!! Wtg hon!! Love hearing duets and yes, I have friends who have started duetting and fell in love. It can happen for sure

RockyTopGirl52LEVEL 101

Reply by RockyTopGirl52GOLD +4

Great article. I love duets.

alanhack46LEVEL 77

Reply by alanhack46GOLD

An enjoyable read of the article
I also love to duet...……….there is nothing better when you sing with another person and it comes off as sounding great to your ears. Duets even out everything in the sharing of a song that both singers love to sing and it brings them together regardless of Age, Sex, Nationality, Colour, Faith, whatever...………...music is powerful and can do that for us all

Sunny_KLEVEL 101

Reply by Sunny_KSPECIAL-EVENTS +1

Awesome job on this Lori!

Anna-ReaLEVEL 99

Reply by Anna-ReaGOLD +3

Happy Friday ! Remembering Memorial Day for those who've fallen and those left behind, Thank you !

I love to duet now!

There was a time over 3 years ago for many years that I would not sing with anyone I was so afraid.
I was absolutely terrified for many reasons but a dear friend of mine here that has passed away , his name was Matthew He got me to singing duets with him he encouraged me and made me feel very comfortable and always told me to step out and to challenge myself.

It was terribly hard at first I had so much fear but I'm totally over that now and I will sing with anybody

Terri-anneLEVEL 87

Reply by Terri-anneGOLD +1

Thank you for the lovely summery, sun trinkets! <3 x

A great read Lori..I very rarely do duets but I like listening to others sing them!

wokka1LEVEL 97

Reply by wokka1PATRON +6

I too used to not duet out of fear but I tried a few times....Now its my go to thing todo when I am tired of the song availability or just bored with myself... and I do love doing them most the time... I do hate having to find a partner willing to do one with me so I just usually lie in wait for already been set up like a snake in the weeds!!!!! LOL

Mikey

Anna-ReaLEVEL 99

Edited reply by Anna-ReaGOLD +3

Happy Friday ! Remembering Memorial Day for those who've fallen and those left behind, Thank you !

I too used to not duet out of fear but I tried a few times....Now its my go to thing todo when I am tired of the song availability or just bored with myself... and I do love doing them most the time... I do hate having to find a partner willing to do one with me so I just usually lie in wait for already been set up like a snake in the weeds!!!!! LOL

Mikeywokka1

You're so stinking funny ....imma come over there and sing live with ya someday.... and I will actually be over in Cartersville this Saturday at the BBQ and Brews Festival

Misty_NiteLEVEL 51

Reply by Misty_NiteGOLD

I am changing my user name from Juanitaknight to Misty Night.

I love to duet...

InvestInPolitics

Reply by InvestInPoliticsGOLD +1

I love duets.

I listen start to finish to every duet of mine that has been completed. It's not an obligation-- it's a joy. It takes courage to sing on the internet for all to hear. I hope when folks join me they feel truly heard and appreciated.

It makes my skin crawl-- the singers are wonderful but the song itself is cringe worthy.

ANY way after several requests and some good advice from a professional musician who said "We get paid to sing songs we hate nightly- you just do what ya gotta do", I decided to start learning it.

While I hate this song, I loved how it brought strangers from around the world in song. for 3.5 min, no one is arguing, hating or talking politics, they are just singing and communicating love in the form of song. That's is nice

I made myself learn it and learn how to sing it. It was outta my comfort zone vocally. It was hard to capture the emotion cos of my disdain of the song.

I learned that singing is "acting on pitch" and I wanted to be able to sing with my friends.
I love the comradery and the feeling of accomplishment when hearing a completed duet.

If me providing an open duet of a song I hate brings joy to someone else---IT WAS WORTH IT!!!

VitaminDEEEEEVitaminDee

I know of what song Dee speaks. I concur. It's dreadful. I love singing with Dee. She works diligently to hone her craft and it shows in every performance.

I enjoy duets, but despise collaborating on them. Hijacking someone's duet offering or having someone hijack mine is pure and uncomplicated. Collaboration, in my experience, leads inevitably to disappointing the partner.

VitaminDeeLEVEL 99

...truncated..

I enjoy duets, but despise collaborating on them. Hijacking someone's duet offering or having someone hijack mine is pure and uncomplicated. Collaboration, in my experience, leads inevitably to disappointing the partner.InvestInPolitics

I come here to have fun and to not think. Creating a duet with someone on the net from a solo song means I am going to have to think and make decisions, which is exhausting for me

It is hard work to create an internet duet .. When they do work out, the reward is huge.

The trick that helps me is having both people do a scratch track of the proposed song.

Both people sing the song start to finish and drop out where it's too high or two low or gender lyrically awkward. It's ok that both people cant hit every note in the entire song as solo artists

Then create an arrangement based on who sing which parts best instead of the "traditional" one sings the 1st verse one sings the 2nd verse, often that can be a musical disaster if the song is written as a solo-- breaking up certain parts can kill off the emotion the artist intended

If one person cant hit every note in the entire song, that's ok-- its a duet.. it will be shared

I seldom change the gender cos it can change the rhyming and break the emotional connection with the listener

ACES in their places...

Take a song like "Believe" by Josh Groban… or "Take on Me" by Aha-- no matter the key I will never be able to hit every note in those t songs cos the range is too wide. ( well I can hit all the notes but the tone is sucky-- I dont care how high/low a note I can hit, if the tone suffers it's not worth it)

BUT--- if I find a guy who can sing the parts I can't and I harmonize where I can't hit high or super low notes, I have created a new keepsake with one of my beloved SS buddies and all that thinking makes it worth it

( IE- Jan and Jake-- their duet projects blow my mind)

rabsgalLEVEL 82

Reply by rabsgalGOLD

Reading all the above comments ( how totally inspiring to all the words spoken ,from the hearts of all who took the time to comment!) W henever I sing a duet ,,,,,,it is always an honor and a pleasure,,,,,, for I know how limited my vocals are! and to be able to add my HUMBLE , INADAQUATE voice to some oneS vocals!or to have them join me I am ecstatic with joy ,,,,Kind of brings a ray of sunshine into my life,,,,,,,, and it could, to so many others too ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, (ty to all who present open duets, and ty to all who have the courage to join in on them ,,,,,,, have great day everyone!! BARB

Lavender79LEVEL 97

Reply by Lavender79GOLD

I am still a tender-foot on duet'ing with others .... took me so long to even dare try with my own Partner, so with others its way out of my comfort zone that consists of 2.5 yrs only!
Great Article on Duets! Thank You... Enjoy your Singing solo or in Duets! LAV

CountryGirl530LEVEL 73

Reply by CountryGirl530PATRON

I love duets.

VitaminDEEEEEVitaminDee

I am curious....what song is this you are talking about....lolololol

HappyBunnyLEVEL 72

Reply by HappyBunnyCHAT-ADMIN +1

I love doing duets. The blending of two voices can be amazing. I try to find songs that I know. It is always easier for me to do the 2nd part, than recording first. But have known to have some open duets myself...lol

CountryGirl530LEVEL 73

Edited reply by CountryGirl530PATRON

I LOVE to duet. I also like to act or do funny skits to go along with the song. So drop me a note if you want to duet!!!!

MaxyWaxyLEVEL 97

Reply by MaxyWaxyGOLD

Great article, i love to duet,
Maxy

starsearchLEVEL 106

Reply by starsearchGOLD +4

duets are ok for some but I'm not into them much.....
great article

GlynnisLEVEL 106

Reply by GlynnisGOLD

Thanks sweetcheeks27 and Novella for your interesting take on duets

I love to listen to duets or trios or quartets (the more the merrier)
especially with harmony.
When I try a duet, I find it hard to sync the whole song.
There is always some part where I am too fast or too slow
but it is fun to try, even if I don't save my attempts.

HaileyH1373LEVEL 47

Reply by HaileyH1373

I like to duet. Some times I'm not the greatest at it, but I love doing it.

HimontoLEVEL 5

Reply by Himonto

I love you

MrJake

Edited reply by MrJakeGOLD

Go a head talk about people behide their backs Just remember it'll come back and bite you in the ass

I like doing duets as long as I can sing first as some I can not follow.

Mystical-EyesLEVEL 103

Reply by Mystical-EyesGOLD +1

I was told I was not good enough to sing by my self or do duets.. I am shy and very nervous and never thought my voice was good enough. So I was very weary about making my recordings public. I know I am not great but when people would comment on my songs. did make me feel better about myself. I am always honor when someone dose a duet with me.. I do find that some people, I can not sing with but I do try too.. One person, I have try to duet with , always wanted to hear it first before I posted it.. Now I donot sing with them at all. lol... But I find they are fun as you learn a new song.

SandyLLEVEL 74

Reply by SandyLGOLD

I'm a duet fanatic, I join quite a few of them but getting someone to join me is hard, I appreciate it anytime someone does. I love it when someone joins me and I will listen to everyone of them and comment. It took a while to figure out how to blend the voices just right when I join one but it is so worth it to make them the best I can.

ChannelviewPeteLEVEL 37

Reply by ChannelviewPeteGOLD

Duets are the greatest at helping draw talent together. Collaborating with another can draw you into being conscious of both timing of your singing and voice placement. For example, sometimes duet-ing means you are either the main melody or your duet partner is the main melody - and you're harmony.

At any event....I LOVE duets. The only thing is that there's only a handful of songs I feel confident enough for duet-ing. But....I'm always open to it. So, bring it on!! -

LonestarpennyLEVEL 56

Edited reply by LonestarpennyGOLD

I love harmonies. I love doing duets. I have,several close friends that I have met on sing snap through doing duets. I never mind when someone joins me, because I am here for fun and friendship..
My natural, at ease, voice is much lower than it once was, so sometimes it's hard to do male/ female duets as I really have to stretch for higher notes. Sometimes I'll duet with males,with higher voices than mine. I can do high notes at times, when my voice lets me, but I really stretch when I do.. I guess I should stretch more.
Most of my duets or trios, quartets, I take alto position, most with other ladies.
I am open to trying to stretch myself though.. Just here to enjoy myself.

0neVoiceLEVEL 103

Reply by 0neVoiceGOLD +10

Dr Singsnap Challenge! I had fun! I'll finish my listens 'morrow! [ Happy Memorial Day weekend 2 all! ]Mwah

You want the truth?
and this is just my personal opinion...

I hate duets! I don't really enjoy dueting with anyone on the net!
Although I really enjoy it in real life....on a stage, but not on the net! ...
and maybe it's because I always stood on stage on my own, or as a lead; That could be why...dunno! I have no problem with people joining me doe...fo sho

I also find annoying.... the fact that when I, or if I, record a duet with someone the recording gets to show in the same list with all my other songs. It would be so cool to have them in another section as "Duets I've joined" for example...just as with our "Featured duets" Maybe then I would consider joining more often

So yeah...duets do nothing for me...Not on the net!

A duet for me, has to look like this!
THENNNNN....
It's definitely tons of fun and totally Fleeknesssssss

Loved the article sweetcheeks27....
So talented and genius.
( Clapping!!)

Mwah
ink

0neVoiceLEVEL 103

Edited reply by 0neVoiceGOLD +10

Dr Singsnap Challenge! I had fun! I'll finish my listens 'morrow! [ Happy Memorial Day weekend 2 all! ]Mwah

I do a few duets, but > oooops, I was doing both parts .. trojan55

Sounds like me Rich!! LMAO
100% ON DAT! hahahahaha

Kiss to u and Rose L8R

mystikopalLEVEL 81

Reply by mystikopalGOLD +1

I duet on occasion..Im not bold enough to ask someone to duet with me. I do love how ss has the mixer all set up to merge the singets voices and videos together..very cool!
~Karen ~

VitaminDeeLEVEL 99

°°°°msg truncated °°°°

I am curious....what song is this you are talking about....lololololCountryGirl530

Ooooo---- it might be really shallow of me to tell on myself

-KillingTime-

Reply by -KillingTime-GOLD

I try

GentleRaiinLEVEL 104

Reply by GentleRaiinGOLD +3

REMEMBERING OUR FALLEN VETERANS......HAPPY MEMORIAL WEEKEND TO ALL.....GB, HUGS!

I enjoy singing a duet with someone that my voice will blend with and sound decent....I don't do duets often but I enjoy when someone joins me. I am not a professional singer nor have I had any lessons.....so I am concerned about messing up someones wonderful work on a song. If I get better at it , I may do more duets. I appreciate every duet I have ever sang or anyone has ever sang with me....such a pleasure.

helcrisLEVEL 103

Reply by helcrisPATRON +3

Just what the Doctor Ordered Challenge r/bf7a3e7bd

I so sometimes it is fun and you meet different singers love to sing

bubbaglennLEVEL 84

Reply by bubbaglennGOLD +1

I like to duet,but it has been awhile. Some of them have become treasured keepsakes..a token of remembrance of good times with good friends

MaggieCLEVEL 95

Reply by MaggieCGOLD +3

I love to duet if I can sing in the key to complete it.

GEISHAG0DDESSLEVEL 68

Edited reply by GEISHAG0DDESSGOLD

For me I suffer from low self esteem and I used to cower away from singing at all which is odd because when I was alone I had a full blown concert in my room or shower lol! That was until I found SingSnap. My first duet I was petrified yet excited at the same time. At first I thought that I loved it just because they couldn’t turn you down if you asked them to sing with you (yes sadly it has happened) but I also felt like if people hated the song they poked fun at both of us lol! They would never know because you would just hi jack their open duet and enjoyed it until they deleted it. But then I met the most non-judgmental and kind and talented people on here! They gave me confidence and held my hand and made me feel like Celine Dion or Mariah Carey even though I wasn’t. I became more open to trying new songs and even tried solos. Thank you SingSnap for making me feel better about myself and for introducing me to the most amazing people in the world!!
Hugs!
Gigi

LaciLEVEL 107

Edited reply by LaciGOLD +2

Do random listens...you might find some treasures!

I like doing open duets and sometimes I duet with others too. Mostly, though, my experience has been with setting up a song first. I like doing that but sometimes it's hard to sing a harmony without the melody.

I love harmony so much that I'm drawn to songs that offer a chance to harmonize. However, that being said, I often choose songs that are not well known and then very few join me in them...lol. It's always like opening a present on Christmas morning when I see that someone has taken the time to learn his/her part and duets with me! Such a thrill!

I find it challenging to find duet partners because I have a soft voice so I keep my ears open for someone who won't drown me out. Yet, I admire strong voices in both men and women. I wish I had that vocal strength But, I work with what I have and like Killing Time said, "I try"!

Next >>