Improved Recorder Released!

This topic is listed in General Discussion. It has been viewed 16,599 times and 254 replies have been made.

<< Prev Next >>
--Denny--

Edited reply by --Denny--

I do love the new recorder... uh huh! hate the google ads though...

peace~

janni----LEVEL 64

Reply by janni----GOLD

Just flagging.

--DragonFly65--

Reply by --DragonFly65--

I put the new recorder up yesturday & I love it for the most part. There is 1 only 1 feature that I wish you'd bring back from the old & unless it's added no matter how much I like the new I'm not gonna have a choice but to stay on the old. The old mixer would allow for the text to be made full screen if you clicked on the window with the words. For me this is extremely important as I'm legally blind & can't see the words very well without the full screen feature being intact. I tried last night to sing songs live without recording & it was extremely difficult. Bring that back & I'll be thrilled to switch to the new recorder. This is a neat upgrade but since my membership is about to expire I'm not sure if I can afford to continue at gold after the new year since the price is just way more then I can do & if the recorder if visually impossible well what can I do.wysiwyg

I do not know if you know this or not, but you can enlarge anything on your sceen by pressing the CTRL button and +

each time you press the plus button with CTRL held down the screen will get larger.. same goes with the minus sign to reduce the screen..

Bob

bexiLEVEL 5

Reply by bexi

its not working for me...
when i review my recording, its starts great, but towards to end of the song its as if my voice slows down completely and goes out of sync with the music. but its also happening on the old recorder too. its annoying me now as no matter what i do in regards to adjusting the time, my voice is still way out at the end.. yet im not singing out of time.. so whats going on?

RobLEVEL 83

Reply by RobSTAFF +2

its not working for me...
when i review my recording, its starts great, but towards to end of the song its as if my voice slows down completely and goes out of sync with the music. but its also happening on the old recorder too. its annoying me now as no matter what i do in regards to adjusting the time, my voice is still way out at the end.. yet im not singing out of time.. so whats going on? bexi

This is related to dropouts. Unfortunately, this is the same for both recorders. We can help you troubleshoot this in support. Just send us a message from the Contact Us link at the bottom of any SS page. You may also find the following FAQ helpful.
Can you explain why I get "Dropout Detected" and why the sync gets gradually worse?

Indy_RosserLEVEL 69

Reply by Indy_RosserGOLD

I put the new recorder up yesturday & I love it for the most part. There is 1 only 1 feature that I wish you'd bring back from the old & unless it's added no matter how much I like the new I'm not gonna have a choice but to stay on the old. The old mixer would allow for the text to be made full screen if you clicked on the window with the words. For me this is extremely important as I'm legally blind & can't see the words very well without the full screen feature being intact. I tried last night to sing songs live without recording & it was extremely difficult. Bring that back & I'll be thrilled to switch to the new recorder. This is a neat upgrade but since my membership is about to expire I'm not sure if I can afford to continue at gold after the new year since the price is just way more then I can do & if the recorder if visually impossible well what can I do.wysiwyg

This graphic may be a bit large but given that you are visually impaired I have left it biggish deliberately!

bexiLEVEL 5

Reply by bexi

ty rob.. its been driving me nuts... ive been trying to record a certain song for days and have now decided the only way to do it is by doing it in sections harmonising with myself.. very time consuming lol

JoeTomNJLEVEL 48

Edited reply by JoeTomNJGOLD

Bexi, Try going to the wizard and choosing a slower upload speed for your connection. This may eliminate some of the droput issues.

And thanks for putting that graphic up Indy, Showing makes it a lot easier than what I posted for her.

flatduckLEVEL 42

Reply by flatduck

enlarging lyrics is the only feature i want from this new mixer ............ yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh the rest i don t need or use .........................go for it on the old mixer
the best feature i hope they at least make it available even to blue member ,but that would be to nice ....................for people who need reading glasses this the best invention ss ever came out with cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

bexiLEVEL 5

Reply by bexi

thanks joe i will certainly try !!

jimscotLEVEL 5

Reply by jimscotGOLD

i am having probs with this new recorder i downloaded the latest flash player to see if it would olve it but hasnt it is taking forever for the song i have sung to be sent to the review stage it just seems to hang. I am at the point were i am sick of rebooting and restarting the song againjohnsmith1967

i just came over to find out if thats been fixed yet been waiting here again three times had to redo song for same reason waiting for review stage ...jmaybe duet partners in different recording systems ?

RobLEVEL 83

Reply by RobSTAFF +2

i am having probs with this new recorder i downloaded the latest flash player to see if it would olve it but hasnt it is taking forever for the song i have sung to be sent to the review stage it just seems to hang. I am at the point were i am sick of rebooting and restarting the song againjohnsmith1967

i just came over to find out if thats been fixed yet been waiting here again three times had to redo song for same reason waiting for review stage ...jmaybe duet partners in different recording systems ?jimscot

Hi Jim. This isn't our feedback thread so we don't monitor it as much. If you're having trouble we can assist you in support. You can message support from the Contact Us link at the bottom of any SingSnap page.

stannyyjoeLEVEL 32

Reply by stannyyjoe

''BUMP''

zuriparLEVEL 35

Reply by zuriparGOLD

I'm Anna of TIGGRR COuntry
Secret Snapper is Wayne of the "Cold" country (smiles)
Song: is You sexy thing
Link: http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/r/b481bd95c

It was great meeting you Wayne--maybe you can tell me something about your
cold country--haha. I know it don't stop the rock--I saw that twist you put out--you got it! That was cute---would've been your partner on the floor for that one--for sure. Cute. Enjoyed your music--sorry the song I wanted first didn't work, but this looks like fun for a single guy like you--all in fun! Be good.
Anna

SWEETIEONELEVEL 40

Reply by SWEETIEONE

flagging

wellfieldLEVEL 61

Edited reply by wellfieldGOLD

Dropped in to hear if any miracles have happened yet....this last few weeks and more have just been hell in the 'recorder' dept'....I do 2 or 3 takes before I get close to turning out a decent song to post...I use both recorders ..have cleared cookies..spring cleaned my computer ..I get slowing down in parts of the song/off key/double echo/timing/sync problems whether I use the MMSB or not...it's all trial and error...if and when you hear one of my songs lately,it's usually after a few try's that I can actually post it...never had problems before.

wellfieldLEVEL 61

Reply by wellfieldGOLD

I'm also wondering if this new recorder is mixer and interface (sound card) friendly.

AnnieLEVEL 84

Reply by AnnieGOLD

Hey wellfield,

It sounds like you are using the stereo option on our recorder as well as using Stereo or What U Hear on your sound card OR you are using speakers instead of headphones. You will almost never get a good sync doing it this way. You should have your sound card set to Line In or Mic Only.

The reason is: When you record with the stereo option here on SingSnap, only your vocals should be recorded at the time of singing the song. This is because when you go to mix the song, the stereo backing track is then added in so that you can actually sync the song and change the vocal/music levels.

When you record with What U Hear or Stereo selected on your sound card, you are recording BOTH the vocals as well as the music coming through the computer, so when you go to mix and select Enable Music, you are essentially getting one music track and one vocal/music track. When you try to sync the song, you are then syncing one music layer over another giving you the double beat and it will never really sound in sync because you are not moving the vocals off the first track...the music is following your vocals around on top of the second music track.

Using headphones will ensure that the mic does not pick up the music from your speakers.

I know that's a lot of gobbledygook, but I think that may be your issue. FYI....if you use Mic Only or Line In, you will also not hear the chimes in your finished recording as long as you are using headphones when you record.

wellfieldLEVEL 61

Reply by wellfieldGOLD

Thanks Annie!...I will check all of the above...tho' I did complain a little,it's all trial and error with me on the computer,good days,bad days,and yes' probably my fault at my end...mic in/mic out/line in/line out/what you hear/stereo/etc. etc... lol....Campbell

cannotsing24LEVEL 103

Reply by cannotsing24GOLD +6

I never ever had trouble,the only problem is right now that i hear more music than my voice ..What can i do to balance both me and music.Thank you for the new system.Shirley. (Cannotsing24).

cannotsing24LEVEL 103

Reply by cannotsing24GOLD +6

I went to the Wizard and did my corrections,did high speed not very high,is that ok? The only problem is the music is louder that me lol. Help please thank you SS.

parisenvay

Reply by parisenvay

this is super cool beyond belief......WOW, WOW thanks Sing Snap. ~Paris

Franky_gtLEVEL 29

Reply by Franky_gt

Just found a bug with the new recorder. When trying "Me and mrs jones" at pitch "lowest", you'll get "I'm every woman" by chaka khan in highest pitch :

http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/singandrecord/record?song_id=b42d16f&betarecorder=true

bobby5546LEVEL 46

Reply by bobby5546GOLD

It wont even load for me back to the original

Franky_gtLEVEL 29

Reply by Franky_gt

Just found a bug with the new recorder. When trying "Me and mrs jones" at pitch "lowest", you'll get "I'm every woman" by chaka khan in highest pitch :

http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/singandrecord/record?song_id=b42d16f&betarecorder=trueFranky_gt

Now it doesn't play chaka kahn anymore, but every setting is at the same pitch

jimscotLEVEL 5

Reply by jimscotGOLD

i still have probs on duets re the new recorder it just hangs there till i get fed up and move to original usualy if its working it mixes almost right away not recently... not for while or it does it for me...... i like it when it is ok to night sang twice right through someone sang with before again same problem
..honestly gets bit frustating feeling i got it right but if want will need to use original what is the problem is it me.. think from now on just go to original it works most times ...... yet do like the new one i do miss the green button on the old recorder its missing on the new

jimscotLEVEL 5

Reply by jimscotGOLD

my sound system is not great could be was the same prob on my ols puter
tried follow your guidlines as well

RobLEVEL 83

Reply by RobSTAFF +2

Hey Jim, we can help you get things resolved in our support account. Just click the Contact Us link at the bottom of any SingSnap page and let us know what is happening.

Singing4fun84LEVEL 57

Reply by Singing4fun84GOLD

I don't know what happened to my comment,BUT I love this new recorder!!
LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!!! Enough said,lol!!

--Denny--

Wanted to express to Jason and the staff involved with the new recorder, it is just amazing.. seems to be perfect anytime I use it.. just flawless on my end.. thank you once again! .. Job well done and thank you .

Can't see how it could be any better. =)

DefenseLEVEL 81

Reply by Defense

maybe someone else behind your mic? *runs and hides real fast!!!*

Truce Denny? LOL

--Denny--

maybe someone else behind your mic? *runs and hides real fast!!!*

Truce Denny? LOLDefense

dont make me hurt you!

lol jk you nut.. peace bro!

DefenseLEVEL 81

Edited reply by Defense

*comes out from behind tree....cautiously* LOL!!!

CroonManLEVEL 37

Reply by CroonManGOLD

Help! I've never been able to get the Improved Recorder to work. Here's what happens: When it asks if I want to run the Singsnap Setup Wizard, I say "yes" and go through all the steps, which seem to be fine: I select the camera (MS LifeCam Cinema), microphone works fine, tests at "very high speed computer", tests at "High Speed Upload", and we're ready to save settings. When I push the "Save Settings" button, NOTHING happens. Absolutely nothing... ever.

On the other hand, if I just skip the wizard and push "No", again absolutely nothing happens. I've never been able to actually see the Improved Recorder on my screen.

The old recorder works just fine and always has, with the same settings.

I obviously don't have an underpowered competer (see Wizard's tests above). I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate.

I've tried:
- disabling the AV firewall (Norton 360)
- changing browsers (I use MS IE) - tried Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome
- re-booting (tried this many times)

Nothing works.

I'd really like to use the Improved Recorder. Any ideas?

Thanks!!
- Roger

-Tas-LEVEL 71

Reply by -Tas-

Croonman...try testing at low and lowest speed...that's just a humble suggestion..not guaranteed to work...but something I have done on all versions of the recorder even though I am on high speed cable.

janni----LEVEL 64

Reply by janni----GOLD

I have been having a problem using the new recorder on my desktop computer since it first came out. But when I got a new computer at Christmas, I sort of let the problem go. Now that I want to record on my old computer again, I was hoping that someone could help me figure out how to resolve the problem. The problem is that when I attempt to run the set-up wizard for the new recorder, it simply keeps processing, and processing. I have tried to run the set-up wizard many, many times with no success.

I have tried using various browsers. My computer uses Vista. I have also downloaded the newest version of the Flash Player in hopes that the problem would be solved, but that did not help either.

I have not had a problem accessing the old recorder's wizard and I do not have any problems recording using the old player. But I realize that the old player will be phased out, plus the old player does not offer the quality on the final product that the new player does. I sure would appreciate your help.

Thanks.

Flagged.

BCSchmerker2LEVEL 81

Reply by BCSchmerker2

MuzikDriven® having a birthyear-of-Entrant K-contest accepting entries as of 19 March 2012, I did a Recording for the same with the new Recorder engine:

DAYDREAM BELIEVER / THE MONKEES
(John Stewart) Screen Gems-EMI Music, BMI

On my trusty Asus® CM1630-06 with EAH6850DC/2DIS/1GD5 video and XONARESSENCESTX/A audio, using Mozilla® Firefox® 11.0 and Adobe® Flash™ 11.1.102.63, I had Timing Value -3 for sync and zero dropouts in the vocal track (High Speed Computer/Medium Speed Upload). Your track performance may vary, of course.

RugerLEVEL 41

Reply by Ruger

I give up trying to record, because the control lever for your voice will not stay where I set it. As I sing I see it slowly dropping every time, and on playback my voice just gets lost.

lily04LEVEL 70

Reply by lily04PATRON

I give up trying to record, because the control lever for your voice will not stay where I set it. As I sing I see it slowly dropping every time, and on playback my voice just gets lost. Ruger

The reason it's dropping is because you probably have "Clipping Protection" checked. It's on the lower right hand side of the recorder. Uncheck that, and the record lever will stay put.

Clipping protection drops the record level when your vocals get louder to prevent distortion.

blazaLEVEL 35

Reply by blaza

I like the clipping protection feature. :OD

RugerLEVEL 41

Reply by Ruger

Well Thanks for the help!!! I'll check that, or uncheck it.

Do you really like the feature Larry? My voice almost disappears when it drops..maybe I need to turn my record volume up on my pc....I don't know!?

aqtrcowgirlLEVEL 102

Reply by aqtrcowgirlGOLD

YaY I can record on Google Chrome now!!

I dont like the clipping protection thingy ...my voice fades in and out when I use it so its Off!!

blazaLEVEL 35

Reply by blaza

I dont like the clipping protection thingy ...my voice fades in and out when I use it so its Off!! aqtrcowgirl

Well.... I like it so it's ON!!!

blazaLEVEL 35

Reply by blaza

Well Thanks for the help!!! I'll check that, or uncheck it.

Do you really like the feature Larry? My voice almost disappears when it drops..maybe I need to turn my record volume up on my pc....I don't know!?Ruger

Yup I do. I'm pretty loud voiced (SHUP Toni) so it cuts the distortion.

aqtrcowgirlLEVEL 102

Reply by aqtrcowgirlGOLD

blazaLEVEL 35

Reply by blaza

There's a good girl. LMAO

RugerLEVEL 41

Reply by Ruger

I love it/ I hate it!! I think I got it now.....(don't ask no more questions)!! :))

blazaLEVEL 35

Reply by blaza

There's a good boy..

aqtrcowgirlLEVEL 102

Reply by aqtrcowgirlGOLD

@ Larry

lily04LEVEL 70

Edited reply by lily04PATRON

Ya welcome Ruger =)

I really like the clipping feature. But I can belt out a tune, and it helps with my high notes.

Ruger maybe what you need to do is go to your microphone properties and bump up your levels a bit. Or see if the boost is on.

<< Prev Next >>