Improved Recorder Released!

This topic is listed in General Discussion. It has been viewed 16,622 times and 254 replies have been made.

Next >>
NovellaLEVEL 108

Post by NovellaSTAFF 10

I'm all shook up!

The Improved Recorder Has Arrived!

Everyone loves SingSnap for a different reason. There are message board games, community interaction and of course making friends! However, there is one thing that unites us all and that is our love for singing, recording and sharing our music.

Introducing the Improved Recorder! SingSnap has been working on developing improvements on the recorder to enhance the user experience and is now releasing it to everyone! This is an extremely exciting time for SingSnap and we hope you'll enjoy the results!

We have a Beta Testers group that is comprised of over 600 members who have been diligently trying, testing and reporting for a few months now and we would like to take this opportunity to give them a big THANK-YOU! Please pat yourselves on the back as your assistance and dedication to this endeavor is invaluable and we sincerely thank-you for all the time invested to make this recorder as fabulous as it is!

Onto The Goods!

While the recorder resembles the one you are all comfortable and familiar with, there are a few notable improvements we would like to highlight!

While Recording:

1. Adjust Lyric Speed!

Have you ever had a song that the lyrics just couldn't keep up with the pace of the song? Now you can adjust it to fit your needs!

2. Clipping Protection!

This is a very cool feature that automatically adjusts the microphone level when it gets too loud and causes a 'clipping' affect! No more snap, cracking and popping because the mic is too loud - the Improved Recorder does some of the work for you!

3. Video Display During Video Duets

If you like singing duets you will LOVE this feature. Now, while you're singing your part of the duet you can actually SEE your partner! That's right, watch what their doing and react if you like. We hope this will help in making those wonderfully creative video duets our Snappers are famous for!

While Previewing:

A. Hear MMSB Button Effects In Real Time!

You no longer have to wait until the song is saved to hear the final mix - you can listen and adjust during the preview stage!

B. New Sync System

Probably the biggest and most requested change is the brand new sync system. You have more control than ever at adjusting the timing of your recording! It's now so much easier to get your song sounding exactly how you want it!

Finished Product and Other Notes:

- Improved Final Sound Quality
- Re-mix available for 7 days
- Keyboard Shortcuts
- Flash 10.3 or higher required

We are hopeful that your recording experience will be even better! Since this is still in the testing stage, a link for the "original" recorder will appear at the top, above the lyric/video window.

Feedback and Resource Threads:

As with any new project we want your feedback! Please come by and share your thoughts - both positive and negative (but preferably constructive) as well as any bugs or difficulties you encounter.

Improved Recorder Feedback Thread

We will do our very best to keep you posted on the known bugs and our progress in finding resolution for them! Please keep an eye out for our updates!

Improved Recorder Known Issue Thread

What are you waiting for? Go Sing!

We Hope You Enjoy!

sweetmaryLEVEL 73

Reply by sweetmaryGOLD

HAPPY FARHER’S DAY TO SS DADS!!

AWESOME!! We have been waitomg for this improvement for months,,,Gonna try doing my first song today with this change,,,it will take a while for us to get used to it though,,THANXXX!!!

CruisingdownLEVEL 3

Reply by CruisingdownGOLD

I can't wait to try it out!!!! Hugs an dLove-RJ

Amy007LEVEL 2

Reply by Amy007

This sounds wonderful! Thanks for always working so hard to improve things!

WallyGBLEVEL 56

Reply by WallyGBGOLD 2

Wow! Thanks SingSnap!

rockafrybabyLEVEL 89

Reply by rockafrybabyGOLD 7

Wow! I was wondering about this just before checking this news out! Talk about being a reader of things to come! I love this idea! I am testing this out tonight! Sounds like a tremendous change for the better even though the old recorder is a trusty warrior! Off to work! Will send feedback later! Thanks for being the best and striving to top that! Love it!

SSueLEVEL 102

Reply by SSueGOLD

Wow! Sounds great!! I'm about to try it out!

pontypriddLEVEL 15

Reply by pontypridd

I just did my 1st recording.. Thanks guys... this is what makes this the best Karaoke site on the net!!!!!

MaceSistersLEVEL 31

Reply by MaceSistersGOLD

I'm going to try the new improvments,i think everyone was waiting for this to come.Doris.Thank you for the improvments.

mamma_thellamaLEVEL 61

Reply by mamma_thellamaGOLD

This all sounds very very cool! I would like longer remixing time tho... but!
Most cool improvement -- seeing my partner's VIDEO during recording!!! YEAH! this will be FUNNNNNNN...... been doing my comedy stuff "blind" with just the audio to guide me BwAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!

wellfieldLEVEL 61

Reply by wellfieldGOLD

I just tried it..sounds fine so far...will work with it!

PS Novella,I wasn't aware You already had this thread,so could you remove mine on the same subject,I don't know how...Thanks.

wellfieldLEVEL 61

Reply by wellfieldGOLD

http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/r/be8e5a6dc Not a spam,this is to hear new sound with voice over and a bit of harmony on the chorus.....Campbell

NovellaLEVEL 108

Reply by NovellaSTAFF 10

I'm all shook up!

It didn't hurt anything but sure Wellfield, I removed it for you =)

Glad everyone is as excited about this as we are!!!

wellfieldLEVEL 61

Reply by wellfieldGOLD

It didn't hurt anything but sure Wellfield, I removed it for you =)

Glad everyone is as excited about this as we are!!!Novella

Thank you Oh' talented one!!..lol

JeanneMarie

Reply by JeanneMarieGOLD

YAY....glad it's finally released for all!!!! WHOOO HOOO!!!

SSueLEVEL 102

Reply by SSueGOLD

It's great!!! I love the new adjustment for timing, makes it so much easier to get a perfect match!

Thanks all you clever techy people who made it happen!!!!

twilightzone22

Reply by twilightzone22GOLD

oh I also didn't know about comeing here to say about the New Recorder so I will put here what I had said about it:

Hope this where I can say I just tryed the New Recording for the first time useing it it was soooooooooooooo AWESOME the sound omg wow & easy to use well at least I thought so for the first time & I did a duet with someone which would be a little harder to adjust then if you are singing by yourself!!..Thank You Thank You for the better sound!!!!!..cool!!!!....

Carole56LEVEL 48

Reply by Carole56GOLD

I surely would try it

Love2Listen51LEVEL 85

Reply by Love2Listen51GOLD 3

HI THERE...I JUST TRIED THENEW RECORDER TWICE TODAY AND WHEN IT COMES TIME TO REVIEW YOUR SING IT JUST SITS AND SPINS...IS THIS NORMAL OR IS IT NOT WORKING YET? I SENT A PM TO SS SUPPORT...
THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.

Kimber_LEVEL 38

Reply by Kimber_GOLD

I have Loved the New Beta Recorder... It's Night & Day.. I was Soo Happy to hear the difference..

Love2Listen51LEVEL 85

Reply by Love2Listen51GOLD 3

PLEASE JUST PM ME....I AM ON MY 3RD TRY...NOTHING HAPPENS WHEN IT COMES TIME TO VIEW PREVIEW...MY FLASH PLAYER IS 11.3 SO I KNOW THAT ISN'T THE PROBLEM....JUST NEED SOME TO HELP ME..
THANKS A MILLION.

AceofKaraokeLEVEL 21

Reply by AceofKaraokeGOLD

this is very cool,,,,cannot wait to test it .....like NOW!!

JasonLEVEL 48

Reply by Jason

PLEASE JUST PM ME....I AM ON MY 3RD TRY...NOTHING HAPPENS WHEN IT COMES TIME TO VIEW PREVIEW...MY FLASH PLAYER IS 11.3 SO I KNOW THAT ISN'T THE PROBLEM....JUST NEED SOME TO HELP ME..
THANKS A MILLION.Love2Listen51

SingSnapSupport will help you out. We'll need to get some information from you, etc.

If you, or anyone, gets this problem *PLEASE* do the follow. Click to save the recording anyway, using the "I like it, let's proceed to saving it" link, then mark the recording as private and save it, then PM the link to SingSnapSupport.

This is a known issue, so be sure to view the known issue thread to keep apprised of the situation:

http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/forum/topic/b11dbe0

CaraninaLEVEL 30

Reply by CaraninaGOLD

STANDING OVATION!

SassyK

Reply by SassyK

Awesome!! Great upgrade..thank you!

blazaLEVEL 36

Reply by blaza

I am TOTALLY loving this. Outstanding job once again.. :OD

KimerooLEVEL 76

Reply by KimerooGOLD

RIP 6-11-18 Auntie Alice "Joyce"miss yiu love you

the new recorder is amazing thank you singsnap!!!

Indy_RosserLEVEL 70

Reply by Indy_RosserGOLD

Man! I feel kinda dumb, Vella! Those shortcuts woulda been the bees knees for me doing things the way I do! THANK YOU!

CHARMMER

Reply by CHARMMERGOLD

snappers this recorder is awesome

Jubi

Edited reply by Jubi

I am absent for a little while and look what happens. A new recorder is released. Will have to give it a go. The options sound great.

kathycarrollLEVEL 26

Reply by kathycarroll

I tried it, but couldn't hear the music play after I sung the song. What am I doing wrong?

wellfieldLEVEL 61

Reply by wellfieldGOLD

With the Video duets you can really interact with the other singer!!!!!!...a great addition!!

SunnylaneLEVEL 3

Reply by SunnylaneGOLD

This is great ! I just recorded my first song with the new recorder.
The feature I like the best is "clipping detection" Thanks , SingSnap!

Ladycutup1LEVEL 60

Reply by Ladycutup1GOLD 1

FLAGGING

wildcrafterbLEVEL 43

Reply by wildcrafterbGOLD

O seem to be having a problem with it not buffering.. there for... not giving me a preview on my just recorded song!
The first time it worked fine.... but the last 2 times I 've tried...cannot play in preview...?

joe_nea1924LEVEL 89

Reply by joe_nea1924GOLD

flagging, and I can't wait to try it out

thanks ss for giving us your all

Bear50LEVEL 87

Reply by Bear50GOLD 17

r/c37a2565f "Heroe" just staying brushed up on my Spanish*lol*

sounds cool,will have to check it out*S*

JasonLEVEL 48

Reply by Jason

If you're having a problem with the preview, please be sure to check my post above.

Vicster

Edited reply by Vicster

Worked right out the box for me...love it!!!! (FF7, WinXP) Awesome job! I am going to have to fiddle with the do-dads some more

Jubi

Reply by Jubi

Hope I don't have problems.

GlaszEyes

Reply by GlaszEyesGOLD

LOVE. X Thank you, SingSnap.

Vicster

Reply by Vicster

There was a little pfffft (hard to describe...lol) in my vocals towards the beginning and in another spot...not sure if that was because of the MMSB button? I never used that before. Still love it though...really cool!!!!

Thanks SS!

Vane-vivLEVEL 29

Reply by Vane-viv

http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/r/c08ada6ec
HERE IS MY FIRST RECORDING WITH THE NEW AND IMPROVED RECORDER....

I LOVE IT,,, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ADDING THE IMPROVED VERSION....
THE BEST PART IS THE CLIPPING PROTECTION... THAT IS AWESOME... NO MORE WORRIES WITH BEING TOO TOO LOUD ON PARTS OF THE SONG
LOVE LOVE LOVE IT.

VIVIAN

SPARKLING-GREEN-EYESLEVEL 9

Reply by SPARKLING-GREEN-EYES

I LOVE MINE...IT REALLY HELPS IN OVERALL SOUNDS AND TIMING....PEOPLE JUST HAVE TO TWEEK IT TO LEARN HOW TO USE IT...AND ONCE THEY DO THEY ARE GOING TO LOVE HOW EASY IT IS TO MAKE THEIR RECORDING COME OUT WONDERFUL !!!!...I LOVE IT !!!..GREAT JOB ALL OF YOU !!......PAT

FLOWING_RIVERLEVEL 4

Edited reply by FLOWING_RIVER

WELL I DEFINATELY HAVE NO IDEAL WHAT I AM DOING, BUT WILL DO IT ANYWAY,,,,HERE'S HOPING MAYBE IT WILL MAKE ME SOUND BETTER, I'M FOR ANYTHING THAT WILL DO THAT

magz22

Reply by magz22GOLD

Hi

Thank you for the new recorder.... I am trying it out and working with it....takes a bit of getting used to here and there but yes definitely like it
saves a lot of time and sometimes frustration trying to get the song in sync etc...not any more.... great

still practising with it and getting used to it

but definitely gets a thumbs up from me

Thank you again

Have a lovely day and happy singing everyone

Hugs xxx

glorysaints

Reply by glorysaints

GREAT!

AstraSpiderLEVEL 43

Reply by AstraSpiderGOLD

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh YES esp. to the synch improvements - thank you SO much!!

TramhueLEVEL 63

Reply by TramhueGOLD

I really appreciate any improvement SS makes to get a much better quality in the recordings. Thank you kindly for your on-going improvements to sound quality, Singsnap.

johnsmith1967LEVEL 81

Reply by johnsmith1967

i am having probs with this new recorder i downloaded the latest flash player to see if it would olve it but hasnt it is taking forever for the song i have sung to be sent to the review stage it just seems to hang. I am at the point were i am sick of rebooting and restarting the song again

johnsmith1967LEVEL 81

Reply by johnsmith1967

p.s. and it is a vid yes it takes a bit longer but not 30 minutes pluss

Next >>