Why not duets with slideshow AND video?

This topic is listed in Website Suggestions. It has been viewed 266 times and 8 replies have been made.

singingsister57LEVEL 103

Post by singingsister57GOLD +2

I guess I knew this back when we first got the slideshow feature, but I had forgotten that slideshows can only be added to audio recordings. I'm blaming no one for my total waste of time. LOL I spent so many hours getting pictures from the net to use as a tribute to Aretha Franklin. I saw that several of her songs were featured and I was also going to use it in our challenge today. I thought it would be cool to be singing on one side and have the slide show of her pictures running on the "duet" side. I sang my song and went to "harmonize" by added the slideshow and found that can't be done. Everyone knows that no matter how elaborate a slideshow, nobody is featured who isn't on cam. I might go ahead and do the slideshow anyway and do a different song for the challenge. I may not even do video for the challenge and just go with the slideshow alone. I'm not real concerned about being featured.

I THOUGHT there were a lot of things that were going to be done to the slideshows after they came out to all the members. One thing was the speed at which the slides can go. Right now they go at a speed that if we want to have pictures that don't keep repeating, it takes a lot of pictures to get through the whole song. I have 32 pictures! That took a long time. I'm wondering if that's why I don't see many people using slideshows. Some use it just to put 1-3 pictures that just keep repeating, but most of my friends don't use it at all.

That would be a nice feature to add in the near future considering that ManyCam now make you buy the upgrade version to have any more than two pictures in a slideshow. ManyCam has been so quirky for me and their support sucks. I'm not paying to have more features that don't work. LOL

Okay, this was just more of a vent and I was wondering if anyone else who was around for the testing and roll out of the slide show feature in SS remember that we discussed other features it would someday have. I understand that a lot of time and effort is going into building the android app and I'm sure members want that way more than changes to the slideshow.

Steve-GLEVEL 90

Edited reply by Steve-GCHAT-ADMIN

I find Manycam resource hungry compared to other cam apps and many choose to do their editing in an actual video editor and insert the file on the second layer. I think you can do a side by side in the editors but not sure.

I do like the idea of offering both but don’t know how that would be done. I’m clueless there

I’m sure many people will be happy if the Android app finally arrives. I understand it’s more difficult to make it work the same over several platforms than just one as in the case of IOS.

I think if the app becomes available there will be lots of new members and ideas as well.

Perhaps more testers are needed
http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/forum/topic/a913e1c0

singingsister57LEVEL 103

Edited reply by singingsister57GOLD +2

I find Manycam resource hungry compared to other cam apps and many choose to do their editing in an actual video editor and insert the file on the second layer. I think you can do a side by side in the editors but not sure.

I do like the idea of offering both but don’t know how that would be done. I’m clueless there

I’m sure many people will be happy if the Android app finally arrives. I understand it’s more difficult to make it work the same over several platforms than just one as in the case of IOS.

I think if the app becomes available there will be lots of new members and ideas as well.

Perhaps more testers are needed
http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/forum/topic/a913e1c0Steve-G

I don't want to get into video editing. All I want to do is make a slideshow. Previously, with ManyCam I could just save any picture on my computer to the playlist for the slideshow. When ManyCam took yet another feature away for free users, they I thought I'd do the extra work to make the slideshow in the SS player. But, it really does take a long time if you are building the playlist for the first time being that you have to have the URL of the picture that you find. I have just decided not to do the challenge today. I am really trying to do the best I can to help with the app even though I don't think I'll use it. I like my computer much better than singing on a phone. I can't get out so I seldom go anywhere. I don't need to sing on the go. LOL

What I don't understand, Steve, is there are a lot of testers on the app itself. It lists them as "top users" And yet, there is a VERY small number who are actually testing it. I can tell they aren't because only a few post the glitches or have any communication with staff about it. I've thought that maybe some just want to send private messages to staff, even though I think they would like us to report things on the message board. But, there are sooo many people that seemed to have signed up, but they don't have one recording and have not indicated that they need help in downloading and installing it. I just dont understand that so many were whining on the one thread about having signed up months ago and when is it going to happen, now that we are testing, they either haven't signed up or they are listened as users in the app and not testing at all.

trojan55LEVEL 111

Reply by trojan55PATRON +5 +15

Been sick since Saturday, hope to be back soon

I always do slideshows for challenges Julie, sometimes it takes many hours to choose the pics & get them in sequence > adding a timing feature to spread out the slideshow would be cool ..

I also think that slideshows should occasionally be featured also !!

singingsister57LEVEL 103

I always do slideshows for challenges Julie, sometimes it takes many hours to choose the pics & get them in sequence > adding a timing feature to spread out the slideshow would be cool ..

I also think that slideshows should occasionally be featured also !!trojan55

Yep, and you can't just move the pics around if you want to change the sequence or if you find other pic you want to put between two others. You have to actually change the name of the picture in a way that makes it go between those two pics which many means renaming the other pictures, too. An example. On the slide show I did, I kind of wanted to make it with the older black and white pics first. Rather than renumber the whole album, I ended up titling a pic as not just 01, but 01b, 01c, etc, so they would show in sequence. Yep. Lots of hours.

With Many Cam, Some effects I thought were cool, went to install them and they either never show up in the gallery of the software, or nothing happens at all.

trojan55LEVEL 111

Reply by trojan55PATRON +5 +15

Been sick since Saturday, hope to be back soon

I gave up on many cam & just use SS's slideshow feature & also number my pics so they're in sequence .

Not being able to list all the pics under one specific slideshow takes up a lot of room & is very time consuming, especially if they're never really noticed ..

Good luck in your efforts & have a nice weekend ..

singingsister57LEVEL 103

Reply by singingsister57GOLD +2

I gave up on many cam & just use SS's slideshow feature & also number my pics so they're in sequence .

Not being able to list all the pics under one specific slideshow takes up a lot of room & is very time consuming, especially if they're never really noticed ..

Good luck in your efforts & have a nice weekend .. trojan55

Yes, I have mine numbered, too. And you are right. It's VERY time consuming. I searched the web to find older versions of ManyCam to get the slide show feature back. I was able to find three other versions that I KNOW I used to make slideshows. After uninstalling the latest version, then installing and uninstalling all the others, I found that those older versions had the familiar interface, but apparently ManyCam has it fixed so that no matter what version you download, unless you pay, your "slide show" consists of 2 pictures!

It's the same with the "picture in picture" feature. They used to give two spaced to put pictures in the larger pic and you could move those pictures around and change the size of the frame. Now no matter what version, the free software only allows one picture in picture that is stationary at the bottom left of the cam view. It can't be moved or the size changed. I guess it's just a marketing thing to get more people to purchase the paid versions. I used to like to put my pictures in one window and my duet partner's picture in the other window to make a still show from ManyCam. Now I have to go to a different site and click on a two-boxed collage and upload the pics. *sigh*

I have trouble with the stability of the free ManyCam. The masks jump off and on my face even when I'm perfectly still. The effects with animation mover super fast like someone is sing the fast forward button. LOL Why would I pay for it and some things still not work. LOL Anyway, that's why I would hope that somewhere down the road they could do something with the slide show feature on the SS recorder to include a slideshow on one side and a video on the other by using the harmony feature.

pls8xx

Reply by pls8xxGOLD

Singingsister, all of what you ask for and more is possible with a simple video edit. And once you learn the process, it's much easier and faster than a SS slideshow. You can even have somebody else do the video edit for you. There is free software to do it.

To demonstrate, I can do an edit for you. You provide me with all the photos/graphics you want used and direct where you want them placed in the song using a lyric sheet such as .....

Pic#1,----- Pic14,---- AnimatedGif#1 over Pic#7,---Pic#5
instrumental intro ___________________________

your video,--------------------------------- Pic#2,
I'll be home for Christmas__________________

your video on left/Pics on right #4--#9--#6
You can count on me________________________

It's easy to make changes, replace a photo with another or insert another photo or video clip.

Let me know if you are interested.

James

singingsister57LEVEL 103

Singingsister, all of what you ask for and more is possible with a simple video edit. And once you learn the process, it's much easier and faster than a SS slideshow. You can even have somebody else do the video edit for you. There is free software to do it.

To demonstrate, I can do an edit for you. You provide me with all the photos/graphics you want used and direct where you want them placed in the song using a lyric sheet such as .....

Pic#1,----- Pic14,---- AnimatedGif#1 over Pic#7,---Pic#5
instrumental intro ___________________________

your video,--------------------------------- Pic#2,
I'll be home for Christmas__________________

your video on left/Pics on right #4--#9--#6
You can count on me________________________

It's easy to make changes, replace a photo with another or insert another photo or video clip.

Let me know if you are interested.

Jamespls8xx

Thanks for the offer. I don't really want to get into editing to the point where I really care where each pic is places in relationship to the song. I just want there to be enough pictures to go through the whole video and be able to space them apart every so many seconds. I could save the whole slideshow and when I wanted to use them again I could drag and drop them into the interface. That was so simple with ManyCam. But then they dropped slideshows from the free version. I want the software, but everything I've looked at costs money. LOL So I'm cheapskate. LOL

Sorry I was just now seeing this. I only had my notifications on for quotes, but I don't get notified if it's a LIB click or someone just posts a reply without quoting. It's nothing personal. It's not so important to me that I would need to get people to do slides shows for me. It would just be nice to have that ability to do it once in a while. I appreciate your offer so much.