Joining people on Duets

This topic is listed in General Discussion. It has been viewed 2,478 times and 91 replies have been made.

Next >>
KLFtunesLEVEL 76

Post by KLFtunesGOLD

Ok hopefully I don't offend anyone I am curious if someone has a open duet and someone joins them I think a simple thank you for joining should happen on the song page is that too much to ask? I can understand if perhaps lets just say the person who joined you is not what you hoped for I still think a thank you for joining should be given to the person that joined just my thoughts

-Chez-

Reply by -Chez-

I agree but even if you have notify me if someone duets with me enabled if they duet you on a mobile device you dont get a notification so they may not be aware of the duet, so taking that into consideration sending them a pm or posting the completed duet on their source recording should solve that, i do check my feautured on page daily just in case that has happened

Anna_BrookesLEVEL 99

Reply by Anna_BrookesGOLD

Place your link in the song page of the first part, and also send the link and let them know in a PM as not everyone realizes a duet's been done with their recording. I'm sure they'll be happy you joined in

KLFtunesLEVEL 76

Reply by KLFtunesGOLD

True I never thought they might not know I usually let them know on their page but I don't put the link on their but I should send the link in private but that's a good idea to put their link in the open duet page so people can hear the finished duet

KLFtunesLEVEL 76

Reply by KLFtunesGOLD

I assumed everyone got the notification like I get when someone joins

-Chez-

Edited reply by -Chez-

Not when they use a mobile device, i thought my notifications were faulty so contacted support they told me if duet on mobile device you dont get notified

RowdyYatesLEVEL 65

Reply by RowdyYatesGOLD

I always send a PM to a person that I join on a duet but, sadly, these people never even acknowledge that I joined them! I know that, should someone join me on a duet, I am honored that they felt that I was good enough to join. Sometimes I wonder if people just don't want to make the effort to listen to anyone but themselves anymore. If I was a lousy singer, I could understand it, but I am a decent singer, so are they all prima donna's or what??

ChastityLEVEL 36

Reply by Chastity

Ya. I've had so many people join and I feel bad because I find out like months later. I only use the app so I have no idea when people comment on old songs or join duets. I LOVE when people do them so I am disappointed when I miss them

kyafirstLEVEL 50

Reply by kyafirstGOLD

If I leave songs open for duet I usually say in comments "send me a link because I am a lazy email checker so rarely see notifications." Most people do but I found one a few weeks ago someone did with me a year ago.. :-/

MikeIIILEVEL 104

Reply by MikeIIIGOLD

* Pray for Texas and Hawaii ****Have a great Week, Everyone * 1,407 songs uploaded *

Before the changes in Settings alerts were implemented, I would look into "Featured On" in my profile page daily to check on who has joined me in my Open Duets. There were quite a few who just joined in a duet without notifying me.

Now that I have alert notification enabled for New Duets, I just get a PM when someone completes a duet with me.

RichAllenLEVEL 67

Reply by RichAllenGOLD

I've duetted with one or two people, they always say well done and thanks for joining them int he comments.

JulieW2119LEVEL 61

Reply by JulieW2119GOLD

I have left nice comments on a number of people's profiles not just once but a number of times and they never got back to me to say thanks. Just wanted to get that off my chest.

NazzoLEVEL 96

Reply by NazzoGOLD

I too agree.

Politeness in my book, rules over rude stuck people who think they are better than everyone else know they are

Same goes for rude obnoxious power mongering political freaks, be they left or right wing supporters who block anyone from enjoying participating in threads here because they may disagree with the topic keeper of the gate.

Aussies are particularly renowned for this strange behaviour. Prats that they are

TinypumpkinLEVEL 103

Reply by TinypumpkinGOLD 6

Bridge Over Troubled Water with MLP

I've had a couple of guys deleting all their songs immediately after I sang with them.
I was thinking, am I such a terrible singer that their ears bled?
But then all the others that I've sung with left me lovely comments and thanked me for joining them. So I've concluded that my singing is tolerable.

If they feel that they are too good for people like me then they should post their duets in ICs and invite only the best to sing their songs. Just my opinion.

NazzoLEVEL 96

Reply by NazzoGOLD

I have left nice comments on a number of people's profiles not just once but a number of times and they never got back to me to say thanks. Just wanted to get that off my chest.JulieW2119

There's more than just a few people like that in here like that who won't either return a compliment/comment or say a thank you for yours. There are times when people genuinely just don't have the time and you can understand that but it's not too difficult separating these people from the genuinely stuck rude ones. If they haven't acknowledged a comment, I like going back periodically and leaving more good comments. Not day after day but after a time. If you have left more than 6 comments over a lengthy period of time and they haven't responded in anyway at all, its an absolute given that they are stuck up little twerps and you realise the world is not full of good people at all.

cwang50LEVEL 59

Edited reply by cwang50GOLD

Ok hopefully I don't offend anyone I am curious if someone has a open duet and someone joins them I think a simple thank you for joining should happen on the song page is that too much to ask? I can understand if perhaps lets just say the person who joined you is not what you hoped for I still think a thank you for joining should be given to the person that joined just my thoughtsKLFtunes

While surfing about the "off topic" threads, I just click the opening statement of above as I am sure a whole narrative has transpired, so I am addressing only that above.
I understand where one wants or expect rituals of being nice, however, it is not required by anyone here, but desired by some and practiced. The one thing that I have embraced here is that this is a public domain in presentation for profit. Where something is placed within the public domain it is usable by the public without consent or comment. I can't count how many songs of others I have joined (duet intended or not, I snap or force it to a duet) in on because of that knowledge. If you record a song and place it on private, no one can interact with it, regardless of how they feel, other than coming to you and asking permissions (which I have done on many of locked songs, granted in some instances, and not on others). I have never ask for permission on any song that I wanted to join, that was in the public domain. There have been those who have joined me on songs as well, because no song I have done is locked away from the public. I feel that its ok to join any song posted to the public domain where no response should be expected or demanded. Where one is given, it would be considered good manners by some, but if it is not, then there should be no ill feelings or expectancy. I have said something on some and on some I have said nothing, because I had nothing to say as it do what it do. Unless you are saying that comments should be given regardless, I see that as the expectant being disappointed in many cases. I have never been disappointed because I have never expected anything. I pay my money and enjoy what ss has to offer without expectations.

ConnieGLEVEL 95

Reply by ConnieGGOLD

I've had a couple of guys deleting all their songs immediately after I sang with them.
But then all the others that I've sung with left me lovely comments and thanked me for joining them. So I've concluded that my singing is tolerable.

If they feel that they are too good for people like me then they should post their duets in ICs and invite only the best to sing their songs. Just my opinion. Tinypumpkin

Deleting their songs doesn't take away your duet though... so maybe they just wanted to delete their song.....

cwang50LEVEL 59

Reply by cwang50GOLD

If they feel that they are too good for people like me then they should post their duets in ICs and invite only the best to sing their songs. Just my opinion. Tinypumpkin

Deleting their songs doesn't take away your duet though... so maybe they just wanted to delete their song.....ConnieG

so true madam C...lol I have had many snappers delete their songs after I have singed with them and some have come to me and asked that I delete the version of the song I did with them from many reasons ( my husband didn't like it, ect)... I found that quite funny to ask from a public domain... wonder why those that complain or don't want xyz, do not use the ignore/block features available to them. I have never deleted anything even that which retrospect embarrassed me...lmao...all I know is that it do what it do because it can't do anything else lol

cwang50LEVEL 59

Reply by cwang50GOLD

Ya. I've had so many people join and I feel bad because I find out like months later. I only use the app so I have no idea when people comment on old songs or join duets. I LOVE when people do them so I am disappointed when I miss themChastity

ahahahahah you ol softy you, guess that's why I like ya....me I'm titanium lmaoooo

ConnieGLEVEL 95

Reply by ConnieGGOLD

Deleting their songs doesn't take away your duet though... so maybe they just wanted to delete their song.....ConnieG

so true madam C...lol I have had many snappers delete their songs after I have singed with them and some have come to me and asked that I delete the version of the song I did with them from many reasons ( my husband didn't like it, ect)... I found that quite funny to ask from a public domain... wonder why those that complain or don't want xyz, do not use the ignore/block features available to them. I have never deleted anything even that which retrospect embarrassed me...lmao...all I know is that it do what it do because it can't do anything else lolcwang50

Really? Wow... then that sucks being asked to delete it... I wouldn't know if anybody deleted their song after I did it with them I guess... so stress free on that score LOL

cwang50LEVEL 59

Edited reply by cwang50GOLD

so true madam C...lol I have had many snappers delete their songs after I have singed with them and some have come to me and asked that I delete the version of the song I did with them from many reasons ( my husband didn't like it, ect)... I found that quite funny to ask from a public domain... wonder why those that complain or don't want xyz, do not use the ignore/block features available to them. I have never deleted anything even that which retrospect embarrassed me...lmao...all I know is that it do what it do because it can't do anything else lolcwang50

Really? Wow... then that sucks being asked to delete it... I wouldn't know if anybody deleted their song after I did it with them I guess... so stress free on that score LOLConnieG

I did not have expectations from them, I just wanted to snap the song that they did as it struck an inner emotion and I did what I do here, I let it do what it do lol

TinypumpkinLEVEL 103

Maybe... anyway I'm trying to grow a thicker skin.

TinypumpkinLEVEL 103

Really? Wow... then that sucks being asked to delete it... I wouldn't know if anybody deleted their song after I did it with them I guess... so stress free on that score LOLConnieG

Once you completed the open duet the song is yours. Asking you to delete it is kinda atrocious!

As for Connie anyone she sang with would say "please join me anytime!"...she's got an awesome voice and she sings like a pro!

Anna_BrookesLEVEL 99

anyone might delete a song at some point because they may decide they don't like their own part, but as for someone else's copy that's their copy, but sure if asked nicely they'll understand if you'd like it deleted, but this is only about your own part. If you release an open duet anyone can sing with you and keep it on their page or in private. Open duet is open. Inner circle is there to use if you only want to show your part to certain members.

singingsister57LEVEL 102

Reply by singingsister57GOLD 2

I assumed everyone got the notification like I get when someone joinsKLFtunes

I didn't know either. But I think it works the other way, too. A friend of mine who is on a mobile device has joined me twice and I got no notification. I felt horrible when I went to listen to one of his songs and I saw that he had sung with me for a week after he did. But they still have the "featured on" that I supposed I should get in the habit of checking. I will now since I know several people on mobile devices.

AnneB128LEVEL 101

Reply by AnneB128GOLD

Just a thought: I had a friend I have done duets with, singing both first and second at times. He let his gold membership expire and lost at least two of his songs, one that he sang with me, and one that I sang with him. I don't know how long he was blue but when he got gold again, those didn't come back with the others. So maybe don't take it personally, except for the one who wanted your part deleted. I would have had some choice words for that person. LOL

starlightangel_1

Reply by starlightangel_1GOLD 26

I am going off line.I might be back later,Not sure...Return comments then... Thank you!

I comment and thank people for doing a duets with me.And to me, It is only right to be nice to people who take there time and sing with anyone,And giving them a thank you For doing a duets with me.For i am a hard person to sing with..To me Leaving a thank you is the right thing to do! But sometimes i do not know when someone doe a Duets with me,If they do not send me the link to the Duets..I am not an email checker..So usually i do not know, If they to not send a link or pm me to let me know....

Lisa_ReneLEVEL 59

Reply by Lisa_ReneGOLD

There's maybe 4 or 5 that I will duet with simply because they will acknowledge my singing with them. No I'm not the best singer but it kinda sucks when you join on a duet and don't get a response at all from the other person. ...

NazzoLEVEL 96

Reply by NazzoGOLD

There's maybe 4 or 5 that I will duet with simply because they will acknowledge my singing with them. No I'm not the best singer but it kinda sucks when you join on a duet and don't get a response at all from the other person. ...Lisa_Rene

It's even worse than it sucking, unless they don't know a duet was made with them, these people show they are classless and downright rude up themselves pigs who need to learn simple decent manners, if that's even still possible.

Anna_BrookesLEVEL 99

or just keep singing, the good outweigh the bad

like someone once said, don't sweat the small stuff

NazzoLEVEL 96

Reply by NazzoGOLD

War is never small

Anna_BrookesLEVEL 99

Edited reply by Anna_BrookesGOLD

Madleine

Reply by MadleineGOLD 2

Well, maybe its a good decission to disallow duets on every song

elycelynneLEVEL 58

Reply by elycelynneGOLD

I agree that if you join someone on an open duet and then post the result either in the comments on their original recording or by sending them a PM with the link, the very least they can do is to acknowledge your effort and thank you for joining them. I wouldn't expect someone to keep checking their "Featured On" page if I didn't notify them by either of those methods that I had joined them. Also, I know I'm not a great singer, so I don't expect someone to lie and say how wonderful I was, but to not even be acknowledged is just downright rude.

VitaminDeeLEVEL 95

Edited reply by VitaminDeePATRON 12

Here are the results!!!!.. The RESULTS of the "My 1st Kiss" contest.

Ok hopefully I don't offend anyone I am curious if someone has a open duet and someone joins them I think a simple thank you for joining should happen on the song page is that too much to ask? I can understand if perhaps lets just say the person who joined you is not what you hoped for I still think a thank you for joining should be given to the person that joined just my thoughtsKLFtunes

HEY, I used quote feature in case u get notifications and you would know i left my thoughts and experiences.

If I join someone on an open duet, placing an unspoken burden on them to respond to me only hurts me and makes me look unstable.

It robs me of my peace.

It makes me appear entitled.

It causes me to snoop, stalk, gossip and get in to some over the top assumptions and speculation.

It robs me of my ability to see whats going on around me that is beautiful and wonderful.

Why focus on a stranger on the internet and his/her choice not to respond to a song i sang with them ?

They might be shy. They may have a agreement with their spouse they they can put out a duet but can't respond. They may be sick or they may be dead. I have no way of knowing. LOVE assumes the best in others.

That is time I could have spent, reaching out to a sick person, writing a letter to some one special.

When I join someone, I may be really excited bout how it turned out, ultimately that open duet I just joined was for my joy, practice, hearing, sharing etc.

It is not for a strangers approval.

Trying to figure out why the person who created the duet hasn't listened/responded is a waste of my mental energy. I seldom post the song under their original song unless they ask for that. I don't want to apply any pressure on them by sending a pm to them with the song. If they see it cool and it not, thats ok too

I finally hid my "featured on" page and my "show me online buttons.

Many (mostly "grown" men) got mad cos i didn't respond back to the duet they sang with me in the time they had "allotted" me. I have a life out side of SS, making demands on my will encourage me to avoid that person or worse block.

I rec'd nasty msg cos i didn't listen to the song they sang with me but i listened to the the person that sang after they did.

I have taken down an open duet after someone joined me because i really messed up something like mix, timing, tone or pitch.

It's challenging to hear those nuances with out the completed chords provided by the other part.

Bottom line, everything/action/lack of response from others, isn't always about me.

RowdyYatesLEVEL 65

Edited reply by RowdyYatesGOLD

If I join someone on an open duet, placing an unspoken burden on them to respond to me only hurts me and makes me look unstable.

It robs me of my peace.

It causes me to snoop, stalk, gossip and get in to some over the top assumptions and speculation.

It robs me of my ability to see whats going on around me that is beautiful and wonderful.

Why focus on a stranger on the internet and his/her choice not to respond to a song i sang with them ?

They might be shy. They may have a agreement with their spouse they they can put out a duet but can't respond. They may be sick or they may be dead. I have no way of knowing. LOVE assumes the best in others.

That is time I could have spent, reaching out to a sick person, writing a letter to some one special.

When I join someone, I may be really excited bout how it turned out, ultimately that open duet I just joined was for my joy, practice, hearing, sharing etc.

Trying to figure out why the person who created the duet hasn't listened/responded is a waste of my mental energy. I seldom post the song under their original song unless they ask for that. I don't want to apply any pressure on them by sending a pm to them with the song. If they see it cool and it not, thats ok too

Many (mostly "grown" men) got mad cos i didn't respond back to the duet they sang with me in the time they had "allotted" me. I have a life out side of SS, making demands on my will encourage me to avoid that person or worse block.

I rec'd nasty msg cos i didn't listen to the song they sang with me but i listened to the the person that sang after they did.

I have taken down an open duet after someone joined me because i really messed up something like mix, timing, tone or pitch.

It's challenging to hear those nuances with out the completed chords provided by the other part.

Bottom line, everything/action/lack of response from others, isn't always about me.VitaminDee

I disagree!!!!! If I join someone on a duet it means that that person did a good job and they should be honored that someone took the time to join them. There seems to be this, all too common, mindset out here that people don't want to take the time to acknowledge others. People don't join others on duets because that person sounded badly, they join them because that person did a great job. Does it hurt to take one minute out of your day to just acknowlege the fact that someone liked your song well enough to join you? And..............if NO ONE joins you at all, won't you feel like no one appreciated what you have done? You can't have it both ways!!

NazzoLEVEL 96

Reply by NazzoGOLD

It robs me of my peace.

Bottom line, everything/action/lack of response from others, isn't always about me.VitaminDee

I disagree!!!!! If I join someone on a duet it means that that person did a good job and they should be honored that someone took the time to join them. There seems to be this, all too common, mindset out here that people don't want to take the time to acknowledge others. People don't join others on duets because that person sounded badly, they join them because that person did a great job. Does it hurt to take one minute out of your day to just acknowlege the fact that someone liked your song well enough to join you? And..............if NO ONE joins you at all, won't you feel like no one appreciated what you have done? You can't have it both ways!!RowdyYates

I agree with Rowdy Yates. It's a simple case of courtesy and good manners.

If the whole world had the will to be courteous and understanding, there would be fewer wars. All it takes is a little understanding sprinkled with love dust and I don't say that lightly as I'm not a big fan of love. Respect? Yes! Love, can take it or leave it, depending on who it is.

VitaminDeeLEVEL 95

Reply by VitaminDeePATRON 12

I "was" friends with someone on here who got angry- spit fire angry because he had sang four duets with this lady. She wouldn't write him back, she ignored him, She wouldn't comment, NOTHING. Makes u mad right?? makes u wanna judge her and call her a "Prima Dona"? shame on her!! wow! fired up angry are we?

I checked out that "rude" woman he was grumbling about----

SHE WAS DEAD!! she died!

It was all over her songs and page etc.

I had had enough of his whining cos he would take down his songs he sang with me, write to me and say WELL I guess u didn't like, it u didn't comment on it. (only four hours had passed LOL)

The dude allotted me four hours before he decided he was a mind reader.

Just cos some one puts out an open duet for me to sing, doesn't mean they are mentally, physically emotionally available to acknowledge me.

Life happens as does death. I cannot put my happiness in the hands of strangers. I cannot get mad because a stranger doesn't acknowledge me- that is not sober.

NazzoLEVEL 96

Reply by NazzoGOLD

You did well disassociating yourself from this type of person.
There are a few around like that, both men and women and whatever other genders have been deemed acceptable nowadays. Fortunately this isn't the norm.

VitaminDeeLEVEL 95

There are a few around like that, both men and women and whatever other genders have been deemed acceptable nowadays. Fortunately this isn't the norm.Nazzo

That guy was upset because folks wouldn't respond when he sang with their open duet

Isn't this what we are talking about?- complaining cos someone doesnt say thank you because you sang with them?

I have been harassed to the point that i made my OD's IC last year for 10 months. I still had plenty of folks sing with me. I felt like i was missing out on new singers by keeping them hidden.

This site is full of so many amazing people.

If it weren't for the introduction of HIDE FEATURED on, my open duets would be hidden. NOT cos of a another persons singing abilities but because, of the ridiculous expectations trolls place on a stranger.

I am not gonna listen to someone whine cos I didn't comment on their song fast enough or that i didn't use enough words when i commented etc

I have had up 10 people join me in one day and that's when they were hidden to IC. It takes time to get back to folks.

Unless someone acts inappropriately, i spill my guts and comment vomit on every on every single one. I enjoy listening to them. I love it when people join me and seldom miss responding to them.

I was sick for a few months and couldn't get back as fast as i would like to.

YOU should heard the men turn in to whinny little girls and now they take up residence in SS time out!

"OH i guess you hated it, you didn't even listen"

"YOU didnt leave a long comment, so i guess u hated it"

"I saw u commented on so- so's duet with you, so i know u saw mine"

It's insane to expect a stranger to live up to any expectations.

VitaminDeeLEVEL 95

I always send a PM to a person that I join on a duet but, sadly, these people never even acknowledge that I joined them! I know that, should someone join me on a duet, I am honored that they felt that I was good enough to join. Sometimes I wonder if people just don't want to make the effort to listen to anyone but themselves anymore. If I was a lousy singer, I could understand it, but I am a decent singer, so are they all prima donna's or what??RowdyYates

NazzoLEVEL 96

Reply by NazzoGOLD

There are a few around like that, both men and women and whatever other genders have been deemed acceptable nowadays. Fortunately this isn't the norm.Nazzo

That guy was upset because folks wouldn't respond when he sang with their open duet

Isn't this what we are talking about?- complaining cos someone doesnt say thank you because you sang with them?

I have been harassed to the point that i made my OD's IC last year for 10 months. I still had plenty of folks sing with me. I felt like i was missing out on new singers by keeping them hidden.

This site is full of so many amazing people.

If it weren't for the introduction of HIDE FEATURED on, my open duets would be hidden. NOT cos of a another persons singing abilities but because, of the ridiculous expectations trolls place on a stranger.

I am not gonna listen to someone whine cos I didn't comment on their song fast enough or that i didn't use enough words when i commented etc

I have had up 10 people join me in one day and that's when they were hidden to IC. It takes time to get back to folks.

Unless someone acts inappropriately, i spill my guts and comment vomit on every on every single one. I enjoy listening to them. I love it when people join me and seldom miss responding to them.

I was sick for a few months and couldn't get back as fast as i would like to.

YOU should heard the men turn in to whinny little girls and now they take up residence in SS time out!

"OH i guess you hated it, you didn't even listen"

"YOU didnt leave a long comment, so i guess u hated it"

"I saw u commented on so- so's duet with you, so i know u saw mine"

It's insane to expect a stranger to live up to any expectations.VitaminDee

It's not worth worrying about. To each his own. I just find it interesting that it's not men but both men and women who can be quite childish. Best thing to do is avoid them in my book.

RowdyYatesLEVEL 65

Edited reply by RowdyYatesGOLD

??

VitaminDeeLEVEL 95

Nazzo

Def agree

knotheaduscLEVEL 65

Edited reply by knotheaduscGOLD

I'm with VitaminDee. I usually try to respond to people who sing with me, but sometimes life happens. Sometimes I get people who do a whole bunch of duets in one day and responding to each one can get excessive. On the other hand, sometimes I post open duets and get no takers. It doesn't bother me either way. I sing here because it's good practice, effective mental therapy, and it's fun.

I am flattered when people decide to join me on open duets, but I think it's best not to make assumptions about why someone does or does not choose to make comments. Besides... why would you want someone to make a comment simply out of obligation? Isn't it better when a person comments because they really feel like it? When it comes to comments, I prefer sincerity over a sense of duty.

NazzoLEVEL 96

Reply by NazzoGOLD

Because it's the polite think to do and if one is sincere they will look to do the politely acceptable thing. It's been explained earlier on in here.
Manners rules.

They can at least acknowledge the effort made even if they feel obliged to knock it. To ignore one;s effort in this instance, really isn't a very good look at all when it comes to exhibiting any essence or even smidgen of class.

knotheaduscLEVEL 65

Edited reply by knotheaduscGOLD

You and I may disagree as to what polite behavior is. But that's okay, since the world would be a dull place if everyone agreed.

NazzoLEVEL 96

Reply by NazzoGOLD

No it wouldn't LOL

VitaminDeeLEVEL 95

I'm with VitaminDee. I usually try to respond to people who sing with me, but sometimes life happens. Sometimes I get people who do a whole bunch of duets in one day and responding to each one can get excessive. On the other hand, sometimes I post open duets and get no takers. It doesn't bother me either way. I sing here because it's good practice, effective mental therapy, and it's fun.

I am flattered when people decide to join me on open duets, but I think it's best not to make assumptions about why someone does or does not choose to make comments. Besides... why would you want someone to make a comment simply out of obligation? Isn't it better when a person comments because they really feel like it? When it comes to comments, I prefer sincerity over a sense of duty.knotheadusc

Thank you for your understanding . I do know a guy on here who has tons of open duets but his wife is not comfortable with him interactinh with other women and that's OK. I think that's an awesome compromise.

I know another guy who sings duets with other women but won't go first on and open duet because his wife is not OK with it

if I sing with the first guy,I'm not gonna hear anything back. If I am not OK with that I should not sing with him

I'm just so happy I can sing with him from time to time

I don't crave an obligatory comment to validate my existence

If someone can't get back to me it's just not the end of the world right

If I hold the door for someone at the store and they don't say thank you I don't get offended because I just makes me look stupid. I can't control other people

I have seen it happen. someone hold the door for someone and the other person for whatever reason chooses not to say thank you. I have seen the person holding the door shout out a sarcastic "Uh you are welcome!!"

The sense of entitlement happens in real life too.

The sooner i realized I have no control over other people the happier i found myself-)

VitaminDeeLEVEL 95

Because it's the polite think to do and if one is sincere they will look to do the politely acceptable thing. It's been explained earlier on in here.
Manners rules.

They can at least acknowledge the effort made even if they feel obliged to knock it. To ignore one;s effort in this instance, really isn't a very good look at all when it comes to exhibiting any essence or even smidgen of class.

Nazzo

In the grand scheme of things. Do I focus on the 299 people that left me a comment or the one person that didn't

if I sing with 20 people 15 to 17 are going to say something on the song. Good

I'm not gonna spend any time thinking about the few that didn't that is insanity.

This thread isnt an issue of manners it seems to be an issue of unspoken obligation.

Can't make people do what you want to do. God can't even do that.

RowdyYatesLEVEL 65

Reply by RowdyYatesGOLD

It is amazing to me how many people can validate, in their own minds, that being rude is just okay! Granted, if you comment on another person's song, that person has no obligation to comment in return, but when you put out an open duet, aren't you essentially inviting others to join you? Obviously you don't put out an open duet hoping that no one finishes the song, so when someone does finish the song, appreciate the fact that they joined you, and acknowledge that fact. Is that really asking for so much? As VitaminDee has said,

"This thread isnt an issue of manners it seems to be an issue of unspoken obligation".

No VitaminDee... if you read the first post; the subject of this thread, this thread is EXACTLY about manners, or lack thereof! For whatever reason, you seem to have hijacked this thread in order to push your own viewpoint and squelch anyone who disagrees with you!

Folks, it is a simple matter of courtesy, nothing more, nothing less. And if you hold the door for someone, and they fail to acknowledge that with a thank you or some other appropriate gesture, that IS plain rude and yes, they do deserve to get an "Uh you are welcome!!"! VitaminDee, you may not say it but you sure as heck are thinking it!!

Next >>