THINKING 101: FROM THE SINGULARITY

This topic is listed in Off Topic. It has been viewed 7,644 times and 545 replies have been made.

<< Prev  
madreemee

Reply by madreemee

Interesting what was said about the lady with brain damage and thus hospitalized and how she made up a story to fit the occasion...'Doc' your in the hospital dear..."Doc' ...she said I paid a lot of money to buy all the elevators in this home... HILARIOUS!!!!!!

cwang50LEVEL 59

Reply by cwang50GOLD

Interesting what was said about the lady with brain damage and thus hospitalized and how she made up a story to fit the occasion...'Doc' your in the hospital dear..."Doc' ...she said I paid a lot of money to buy all the elevators in this home... HILARIOUS!!!!!!madreemee

cwang50LEVEL 59

Edited reply by cwang50GOLD

Embracing the World Around You

“Reality Untamed”

Point X does start, verified as an excuse to think from the evidence.
Where realms exist presently to be measured only as tangible or intangible.
All that is reality existed before assignments and dubbed placeholders.
Desires are the ability to manipulate the physical from intangible perceptions.

We live in a growing ball of evolutions fueled by selections to positions of existence.
Looking backward only hints to forward momentums for any thrusts to knowledge.
Just as the wild and untamed dance of the first light show following the singularity,
Dreams can only offer pixels to be analyzed as trails and errors in escaping the maze.

Defining “forward” will forever be a part of life’s quest with attached hints deemed as progress.
Quantum thinking has been unbridled as anew; disabling life to the crawl of a newborn entity.
All corralled as an acquaintance of lure must now be submitted back into the negotiator incubator.
Existence still defines as tangible or intangible motivated only by the evolved/evolving mammal brain.
(c)

madreemee

Reply by madreemee

perverting pixsels (in other words changing the original shape of a shape),like the shape of a vase and making it crocked but never disannuling any pixsel or leaving a pixsel out in order to devise your shape which in this case (crooked shape) would cause the vase not to be an untrue version of the original,you can pervert the shape but not remove one pixsel and thus it will still be the original,but you cannot remove a pixsel and still have the original true object,,,thus some things in life when perverted and original version/shape removed (dissanulled) they then are...untrue versons of an origina...YES?()!!

madreemee

Reply by madreemee

It could b we are living in an untrue version of an orginal intent here in this place called life and thus confusion is...RAMPANT and life is harder then originally intended!

cwang50LEVEL 59

Reply by cwang50GOLD

It is wise to know that life has no purpose, no meaning, or intent as it allows for various interpretations and only agreement holds familiarity. Another will at point X read this passage and receive a different prompt and will also be correct in assessment as you. Just remember words have usages not definitions unless we agree on the term as defined.

In the above (for me) "pixels" is not being perverted nor altered in any sense, just a glimpse to be analyzed and interpreted.

madreemee

Reply by madreemee

It is wise to know that life has no purpose, no meaning, or intent as it allows for various interpretations and only agreement holds familiarity. Another will at point X read this passage and receive a different prompt and will also be correct in assessment as you. Just remember words have usages not definitions unless we agree on the term as defined.

In the above (for me) "pixels" is not being perverted nor altered in any sense, just a glimpse to be analyzed and interpreted.cwang50

TRUE!!! familiarity is an agreement! Hatfeilds & McCoys again! Agression/peace! Tonya Harding/Nancy Karrigan You/them who's on top/who can be put below intimidation/humbleness TRUTH is you look for your own meaning for what purpose?! RIGHT ON!

cwang50LEVEL 59

Reply by cwang50GOLD

In the above (for me) "pixels" is not being perverted nor altered in any sense, just a glimpse to be analyzed and interpreted.cwang50

TRUE!!! familiarity is an agreement! Hatfeilds & McCoys again! Agression/peace! Tonya Harding/Nancy Karrigan You/them who's on top/who can be put below intimidation/humbleness TRUTH is you look for your own meaning for what purpose?! RIGHT ON!madreemee

HENCE: One must think for self or someone or some entity will for them and where there is no assigned purpose, there is none; reducing "what is the purpose of life" to an absorb query.

madreemee

Reply by madreemee

Earth Man/woman wants to believe he/she is the ultimate of significance in the entire Universe and thus he/she opens themselves up to...'belief' and regards himself/herself as the only creature in the vastness of space and time, this thus suites he/she's purpose and or ultimate 'significance',without 'significance there is no purpose to your existance thus there is feeling of aloness/loneliness,thus the need to believe in a significant god gives one the idealism of significance and belonging to an ultimate 'source'...right?!!

cwang50LEVEL 59

Earth Man/woman wants to believe he/she is the ultimate of significance in the entire Universe and thus he/she opens themselves up to...'belief' and regards himself/herself as the only creature in the vastness of space and time, this thus suites he/she's purpose and or ultimate 'significance',without 'significance there is no purpose to your existance thus there is feeling of aloness/loneliness,thus the need to believe in a significant god gives one the idealism of significance and belonging to an ultimate 'source'...right?!!madreemee

Yes that is a position adopted by many. With increasing global literacy, reality is being accepted more and more allowing those who understand a better look at probabilities as it relates to potentials and all that is to be conquered will be stem from the mediator between the physical(tangible) and non physical (intangible), which at present is the evolved/evolving mammal brain, but it's future manipulations to X will not be known from such as you and I or any we could hint to in familiarity, or they us.. Too bad, cause I sure would like to take a peek. I will just assert something and call it a wrap....lmaooo

madreemee

Reply by madreemee

Earth Man/woman wants to believe he/she is the ultimate of significance in the entire Universe and thus he/she opens themselves up to...'belief' and regards himself/herself as the only creature in the vastness of space and time, this thus suites he/she's purpose and or ultimate 'significance',without 'significance there is no purpose to your existance thus there is feeling of aloness/loneliness,thus the need to believe in a significant god gives one the idealism of significance and belonging to an ultimate 'source'...right?!!madreemee

Yes that is a position adopted by many. With increasing global literacy, reality is being accepted more and more allowing those who understand a better look at probabilities as it relates to potentials and all that is to be conquered will be stem from the mediator between the physical(tangible) and non physical (intangible), which at present is the evolved/evolving mammal brain, but it's future manipulations to X will not be known from such as you and I or any we could hint to in familiarity, or they us.. Too bad, cause I sure would like to take a peek. I will just assert something and call it a wrap....lmaooocwang50

As MAN becomes more intelligent he moves forward towards the Scientific mind! One wonders if Science will one day be able to help the Down syndrome's of life become more aware of reason and responsible attitude towards fellow mankind in general?!!

cwang50LEVEL 59

Yes that is a position adopted by many. With increasing global literacy, reality is being accepted more and more allowing those who understand a better look at probabilities as it relates to potentials and all that is to be conquered will be stem from the mediator between the physical(tangible) and non physical (intangible), which at present is the evolved/evolving mammal brain, but it's future manipulations to X will not be known from such as you and I or any we could hint to in familiarity, or they us.. Too bad, cause I sure would like to take a peek. I will just assert something and call it a wrap....lmaooocwang50

As MAN becomes more intelligent he moves forward towards the Scientific mind! One wonders if Science will one day be able to help the Down syndrome's of life become more aware of reason and responsible attitude towards fellow mankind in general?!!madreemee

In short, I assert a 99.9% probability it has already started and the same that it will continually improve. Also, keep in mind "science" is nothing more than data to be analyzed by systematical methods eliminating the human element where evolved emotional biases can influence and hinder; or else we would go with "it feels right" lol

madreemee

Reply by madreemee

more importantly esoteric christianity (occult christianity) would have to be better understood! For it is REAL leading the pack blindly into self serving ideals! I'm not a Christian but I know a lot about Occult Christianity! I like what you said about emotional bias, clinging to the past not moving foreward to me is emotional bias!

cwang50LEVEL 59

Reply by cwang50GOLD

more importantly esoteric christianity (occult christianity) would have to be better understood! For it is REAL leading the pack blindly into self serving ideals! I'm not a Christian but I know a lot about Occult Christianity! I like what you said about emotional bias, clinging to the past not moving foreward to me is emotional bias!madreemee

For me, anything, anyone requiring or advocating "faith/belief" is promoting a cult regardless of what it is and you will never be able to tie the person to a logical or good reason as to why they hold to the position X (cult) based on faith/belief over knowledge or they would give that logical good reason over the bs one given as an answer. If one wants to understand religion, an education would be needed from a layperson perspective that covers the subject from a paleontological viewpoint as it relates to mammals particularly homminds coupled with the other influences present along the way to include what we know and how we know it from our neurosciences... I know that's asking a lot, but it is necessary that we have a global population embracing knowledge in just that way and I am optimistic that it will occur in the future, but not in this "zero civilization" that presently occupy this earth as we are too young in the journey for that to occur as a species at present.

cwang50LEVEL 59

Reply by cwang50GOLD

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE SIR!!!

JOHN MCCAIN AN AMERICAN HERO 1936-2018

madreemee

Reply by madreemee

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE SIR!!!

JOHN MCCAIN AN AMERICAN HERO 1936-2018

cwang50

a great MAN...LEFT HIS MARK ON THE HONEST AND CONSCIENTIOUS to follow by example...high not low!!

cwang50LEVEL 59

Reply by cwang50GOLD

HOW MANY QUESTIONS CAN YOU ANSWER OUT OF 10? ARE YOU SCIENCE LITERATE? TEST YOUR KNOWLEDGE

1. What percentage of the earth is covered by water?

2. What sorts of signals does the brain use to communicate sensations, thoughts, and actions?

3. Did dinosaurs and humans ever exist at the same time?

4. What is Darwin's theory of the origin of species?

5. Why does a year consist of 365 days and a day of 24 hours?

6. How is the sky blue?

7. What causes a rainbow?

8. What is it that makes diseases caused by viruses and bacteria hard to treat?

9. How old are the oldest fossils on earth?

10. Why do we put salt on sidewalks when it snows?

After you have attempted to answer, ask your 12 graders (they should know already), then match your answers with the correct answers here
http://www.kfvs12.com/story/4893045/10-science-questions-every-high-school-graduate-should-know-answers/

cwang50LEVEL 59

Reply by cwang50GOLD

I regret a few things I've done. There're many regrets of things I've not done

madreemee

Edited reply by madreemee

I regret a few things I've done. There're many regrets of things I've not donecwang50

I SELDOM LIKE THE THINGS OTHERS LIKE AND THUS I SELDOM THINK AS OTHERS THINK
AND SO I DO WHATEVER I LIKE AND IT WORKS FOR ME...

MY LONE REGRET IS MARRYING FOR MARRIAGE IS ABOUT BEING OWNED AND OWNING...

I ALWAYS REGRET STANDING TOO LONG LISTENING TO STUPIDITY WHEN I COULD HAVE BEEN DOING SOMETHING I REALLY LIKE...

I THINK REGRET IS...YOUTH DOESN'T LAST LONG ENOUGH...

madreemee

Edited reply by madreemee

A trivia mind is not neccesarily a geniouse

rbonecrusherLEVEL 78

Reply by rbonecrusherGOLD

I regret a few things I've done. There're many regrets of things I've not donecwang50

I ALWAYS REGRET STANDING TOO LONG LISTENING TO STUPIDITY WHEN I COULD HAVE BEEN DOING SOMETHING I REALLY LIKE...

I THINK REGRET IS...YOUTH DOESN'T LAST LONG ENOUGH...madreemee

Marriage is a partnership if practiced as it was meant to be. I'm married and don't own my wife and she don't own me. We go thru life enjoying each other and all the gifts the lord has provided.
Ray

cwang50LEVEL 59

Marriage is a partnership if practiced as it was meant to be. I'm married and don't own my wife and she don't own me. We go thru life enjoying each other and all the gifts the lord has provided.
Rayrbonecrusher

Actually, Marriage is a form of partnership; whether one practice at it or not it was invented from the cranium of man, intended for purposes which have evolved to present form from its inception. Marriage has an interesting beginning, as it was learned and realized early on that safety was found in numbers, a fact; and it is one of many things that allowed early Homo sapiens an advantage in overpowering their closet relative from savannah days a hominid species called the Homo Neanderthal. The outcome of the bond/marriage has evolved diverted over time, the initial concept still reigns and allows bonds from two or more as bonds/marriages and today some live in bands of millions in some areas. I dwell in a small setting of only 400k. There does exist other accounts toward the narrative of bonds/marriage and only one's imagination will hint to future unfolds.

cwang50LEVEL 59

Well madreemee; This statement of regret perhaps needs expounding as it did get attention ("Marriage is a partnership if practiced as it was meant to be. I'm married and don't own my wife and she don't own me.")
and has caused me to look at the passage again. I guess inference would have to be given as the responder appears to be talking about "owning" in a different context than you, or perhaps not... could you explain the context you are using of the word, if differently as inferred.

cwang50LEVEL 59

Reply by cwang50GOLD

If you can't explain what it is you speak, the correct answer is "I don't know". One can offer secondary attempts after pursuits to obtain that which is not known and should efforts prove fruitless, the honest answer would remain; "I don't know"...

Is there anything within the grasp or understanding of man that over rides this logic that would not be deemed asserted?

madreemee

Reply by madreemee

Well madreemee; This statement of regret perhaps needs expounding as it did get attention ("Marriage is a partnership if practiced as it was meant to be. I'm married and don't own my wife and she don't own me.")
and has caused me to look at the passage again. I guess inference would have to be given as the responder appears to be talking about "owning" in a different context than you, or perhaps not... could you explain the context you are using of the word, if differently as inferred.

cwang50

I don't mean to make anyone feel threatened over their context/meaning of life, this is 'my' opinion my feelings 'me' not anybody else's! I found early on with SS that there is a giant faction of persons here with Christian/American/ patriotic evaluation (taught) about life, this makes it a tad misplaced for the few of us who do not have those same outlook! I say do your own needful thing for life is an independent thing,my life is mine your life is yours! Too many people stay in lonely sad and alone marriages for the sake of procreation and protection! merely not my thing! I suggest Christians not feel so threatened by everything that goes against their grain, some of us are not all as bad as you think! ( I am an extremely happy agnostic) who doesn't believe in a hostile creator!

madreemee

Reply by madreemee

CWANG...
I know it's the Neanderthal brain and instinct for survival that makes man create channels for protection of their species EI: Marriage is one of them!
and I know that religion is a channel for forgiveness when self forgiveness cannot be exacted and fear of the unknown is apprehensive!
One thing I am curiouse about and see few reports about is this loneliness humans feel and the fear of it! I would like to know what you think,I personally treasure solitude as much as I can have it so likely there is a reason for thus as well lol!

cwang50LEVEL 59

Reply by cwang50GOLD

CWANG...
I know it's the Neanderthal brain and instinct for survival that makes man create channels for protection of their species EI: Marriage is one of them!
and I know that religion is a channel for forgiveness when self forgiveness cannot be exacted and fear of the unknown is apprehensive!
One thing I am curiouse about and see few reports about is this loneliness humans feel and the fear of it! I would like to know what you think,I personally treasure solitude as much as I can have it so likely there is a reason for thus as well lol!madreemee

Depending on your exposure, you might have heard the old cliche "you don't miss your water until your well runs dry". I don't envy celebs who wish they had a moment to themselves. Which means you could not take the heat of fame since you personally treasure solitude which would be voided with fame. I personally enjoy the fame light when I seek it, but like you do prefer self-controlled solitude mostly.

cwang50LEVEL 59

Reply by cwang50GOLD

CWANG...
One thing I am curiouse about and see few reports about is this loneliness humans feel and the fear of it! I would like to know what you think,I personally treasure solitude as much as I can have it so likely there is a reason for thus as well lol!madreemee

Because I read this again and for something to do (lmaoooo), I decided to say that the portion in red is in error or can be argued against as the majority of Homo sapiens have no influx of Homo Neanderthal DNA as although there were interbreeding that occurred it was very limited and wouldn't be a recognizable factor (i.e. genes passed) that would influence "instinct for survival"; however, depending on which scholar you read will support which side of the fence you are allowed to stand. We agree on so much, I just felt that I should disagree cause I could and its a gray area lmaooooo.

madreemee

Reply by madreemee

lol...I was watching a video yesterday on how humans secure a place of belonging and protection for themselves and the teacher said..."If your not the right fit for the scheme then build a new scheme or change the predatorial habitat"! "FIIIIIIIRE"! LMAO!!

cwang50LEVEL 59

Reply by cwang50GOLD

EMOTIONS ON SOCIAL MEDIUMS
SHOULD BE LEFT AT THE DOOR
OR RISK ASSUMPTIONS
BEING SPEWED

In the circle of communication there are components that must be adhered to or the transmission may be voided or mis-understood. On most social medium, communication is limited to text, disallowing key components such as visual perceptions and body language. That being the case what is said can only be taken at face value, until further knowledge.cwang50

madreemee

Reply by madreemee

NOT A CRIMINAL,,,BUT TOTALLY BELIEVE i aM WHAT i AM AND THAT'S ALL i WANT TO BE LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL...CRIMINALLY INDEPENDANT HA!

BUT HEY I'M SINGLE WILL STAY SINGLE & OWN 4 RENTAL HOUSES THAT I KEEP SHIP SHAPE UP MOSTLY ON MY OWN!!!!!!!

madreemee

Reply by madreemee

wHEN YOU BREAK THE RULES AND FANTASYS OF MAN YOU FIND YOU AND IT IS extraORDENARY!!

cwang50LEVEL 59

Reply by cwang50GOLD

wHEN YOU BREAK THE RULES AND FANTASYS OF MAN YOU FIND YOU AND IT IS extraORDENARY!!madreemee

cwang50LEVEL 59

Reply by cwang50GOLD

Hospice- Hospice care is a type of care and philosophy of care that focuses on the palliation of a chronically ill, terminally ill or seriously ill patient's pain and symptoms, and attending to their emotional and spiritual needs. In Western society, the concept of hospice has been evolving in Europe since the 11th century. Then, and for centuries thereafter in Roman Catholic tradition, hospices were places of hospitality for the sick, wounded, or dying, as well as those for travelers and pilgrims. The modern concept of hospice includes palliative care for the incurably ill given in such institutions as hospitals or nursing homes, but also care provided to those who would rather spend their last months and days of life in their own homes. The first modern hospice care was created by Cicely Saunders in 1967.

I was asked did I think hospice promote expediting death? My response was "from what I have seen with family members, when they start with the morphine death soon follows, however, I don't know if thats part of the process or coincidently in the cases I have witness"

I would be interested in hearing from health care professional to weigh in on this topic. I have a brother that the Dr.s have released because there is nothing else they can do as his cancer wounds won't heal, his sons are saying he is in pain, eating varies and he is in a state of depression. Hospice has been recommended to help in changing the dressing. I think it is their way of saying "get ready". He is not the morphine yet but that is my experience of the end being near.

Where is Imachristain when I need her lmaoooooo.

ImaChristian2

Reply by ImaChristian2GOLD +2

HAAHA! Thanks For the Nice Gift and lump of Coal Anonymous! You are so right! BAWK BAWK BAWK!

Hi Charlie. Hello to to Madreemee as well!
Support hugs coming your way Charlie. I am so sorry, hearing of your brothers being diagnosed with terminal cancer. Times like these make it so hard for me to remain positive. While cancer continues to kill over a half million people a year, in the USA alone, Science is making huge strides in the way Cancer is treated, allowing us time, that cancer would otherwise steal. In this case, I struggle with it all, hearing about your brother. I have not met him but I am well acquainted with you Charlie, and that brings in the personal pain. I am sincerely sorry to hear of this.
I am really touched that you thought of me, or my opinion, rather. I have actually worked under a hospice nurse in several settings, less then a year in the clinical setting but 5 years in a facility. I can't even begin to guess how many hours I was directly under Hospice supervision in private homes. I do have some info you may find helpful. I won't sugar coat it, and keep in mind, my experiences are with, just two Hospice agencies, and each were unique.There will always be rumors, mixed in with truths. No matter what our personal views on Hospice are, we should all remember, that everyone is on the same side. We share the same goal, Quality care for he/she we love.
I have several issues about Hospice. One being, their policy regarding seeking any medical help, additional to them, once you sign up as a patient, or more often, the responsible for the patient. You must agree that you will avoid calling an ambulance, and you will only call Hospice. You must agree that even if a breakthrough miracle drug comes to market, you will not seek further treatment for your cancer. You must agree that all hope is gone.(not in those words, but still) During a conversation with one caregiver, she said her former client was transferred to a Hospice House from the home to be put in an induced coma, because she was staying awake for days. The meds they gave her should have knocked out a horse I'm told, and when they didnt work it was decided to move her. No one told her that once she went to Hospice House, they would discourage her from ever living at home again. She had no family to push her request, but even with care givers 24/7 in place at her house, she remained to die at Hospice house.
As an employee, I was reprimanded by a Hospice nurse in my 3 year evaluation after the nurse observed me, while I was taking a Resident his meds, and when I stopped outside his door to knock, I just started crying, and could't stop. I was told he had only hours to live during the shift change meeting. We talked about him 20 of the 30 minutes. By the time I got to his room, I had to many emotions going on, in addition to knowing with no family, he would be alone to die with me, and the two care providers. (I was the Medication Aide) I literally had to beat the crap out of myself to walk through the door. And no way could I fake a smile. The Charge nurse indicated to me, this would create reason to pass me up for a raise. She intended to note I needed to improve as a professional, in the way I conduct myself and she stated after 3 years I was the only staff member who could not contain tears while on duty. I told her what I believe to this very day. There is nothing wrong with me, except I cry when people I have a close bond with die. So what. Theres always that one person at the funeral, its me. LOL After moving onto private in home care things got better. For my terminally ill employers anyway.
My experience as a private, in home provider was nothing new to me, what was new is my employers were both 80 and the Mrs was diagnosed terminal. She wanted to stay home and because I worked only 8 of the 24 hour day, they were left alone. So I got hospice in place. The Mrs got a cold and when I called her doctor, I was told she was now under Hospice and needed to arrange care with them. This was 20 years ago. So I did just that. I was floored when the Hospice Doctor refused to prescribe my Boss antibiotics , due to the rules I signed and agreed too. No seeking treatment. Antibiotics at the time were considered treatment. But after all this, heres what you should know.
I have always known that Hospice is one of the best tools available to people. If your Brother wants to be at home his final days, having Hospice is one of the most loving things you can set up for Loved ones. The day the doctor refused the antibiotics was the day I learned how to use tools. My boss got weaker and in the evening I called an ambulance. Hospice contacted me and told me they were no longer in place. Right after that I called them back and they came to hospital and signed us back in. The antibiotics were written as a comfort measure and that is how you get around both of those problems. You can get on Hospice and get thrown out and guess what? They will sign you right back up. Charlie your people will be able to monitor what goes on. Hospice sends a nurse to the home but not every day. The Nurse will be extra eyes for things like bed sores that start out small but get out of hand quickly. Its good to have a nurse see wounds and note progress. Hospice does not have the staff or funds to send someone everyday and night. They have aides to come help with baths and even companion Aides. They are free. And all of your Brothers medications will be free. They wont kill your brother. But they will sometimes talk people into stopping their medications, Those are the same meds they were given to stay alive. You don't have to stop meds, your brother has a choice if he wants to go to the hospital, let him. Hospice does not have a "Kill um off" policy, but they do have a speed up the process mentality. The morphine is for comfort but many times its easier to give since its a liquid. It doesnt get used unless the regular pain med is ineffective or cant be swallowed. Not to worry Charlie! They don't tell you that a Vicoden or oxycodone or oxycontin are just as effective and can actually be absorbed faster if you give them through the other route. Not by mouth. By butt. So Charlie, at least allow your brother try Hospice. Its always fun to get some big old burley friend to go over and while dressed in skimpy nurse shorts introduce him as the caregiver who is there for enema time! LMAO! Sorry it took me so long! I hope you take advantage of the time you have to say what you will to your Bro.

ImaChristian2

HAAHA! Thanks For the Nice Gift and lump of Coal Anonymous! You are so right! BAWK BAWK BAWK!

HAAHA! That should hold ya for awhile! LMAOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

havingagoLEVEL 81

Reply by havingagoGOLD

Hello Charlie,

I was just dropping in to this message board to check the latest, expecting a discussion about the meaning of life and found your sad news, Charlie.

I'm very sorry to hear your brother has terminal cancer. It must be a difficult time for you and hard to know what best to do for him. I'm sorry I can't offer any specific advice. The care system seems different in America to what we have in the UK. I am not sure if morphine is administered here and I am not a medical profession. But I see that Connie has shared her very helpful experiences and given excellent advice.

I have been a caregiver for my mum at home until quite recently. She passed away in July this year at home, after suffering from dementia and a heart attack finally ended her life. We had carers coming in every day to wash and dress her as she was unable to do that herself and was bed bound. It was costing a fortune and the alternative (putting her into a care home) would have cost even more.

Due to the dementia, mum wasn't able to respond to anything I asked her. So I couldn't ask whether she would prefer to live at home or go into a care home. This made it difficult to know what was the best option.

Being at home, meant support from carers ( 3 times a day) who checked for any problems like bed sores, but weren't medically trained like nurses. The care homes would offer pretty much the same support but would be on hand to deal with any emergencies quicker. Being at home, I felt that mum was in a familiar environment and had more family contact than if she were in a care home. But eventually she would have needed to have gone into a care home, as her medical needs worsened. It was a case of weighing up her needs and the best environment whether it be related to medical, care, comfort and mental stimulation.

Anyway, I emphasise with your situation and wish you all the best in deciding what's best for your brother.

Feel free to have a chat any time you want. Take care.

Simon

cwang50LEVEL 59

Reply by cwang50GOLD

Life's a bitch, then you die...lmaoooooooo

cwang50LEVEL 59

Reply by cwang50GOLD

Thanks Connie and Simon for your words and concerns. We are still dealing with this situation. The expansion of energy is real and so is its transformations, so there is nothing to fear as this all is as natural as breathing.

Thanks again!!!

cwang50LEVEL 59

Reply by cwang50GOLD

Brain Storming

When you make statements or asserts without a means to verification or demonstrations, it will be deemed that you do not know what you are talking about and can be viewed as lying. We as an evolved mammal species will and have constantly place something like a “place-holder” for X in many things where we do not or have not known. Homo sapiens mostly, refuse to not know, therefore false assignments for mental relief will be offered.
Such is the case in labeling the end of a life cycle for living organisms. It can be deemed that the label “Death” from agreement can represent an end to an organism’s present existence and should be left with the assignment as we have no knowledge after that, or any means presently to test, verify or demonstrate any asserts. We are the only species with the ability to conjured fallacies negative or positive for mental relief. Not everyone accepts the constructions of intangibles offered even where many are with good intentions but without merit. The afterlife scenarios offered by many for purposes are a prime example.
As my brother lies in wait of the assignment “death” to come from his diagnosed terminal cancer, I see him being bombarded with the religious rhetoric of promises that turn my stomach. I am one that has become a freethinker from spewed assertions and follow only the path we as a species have deem most probable and which have moved us as a species to 2018 in fruits of progress. Even as we realized that the system is not perfect, it is the best method to date as verified by our efforts. I too want to offer my brother comfort, but I prefer to offer truths of what we know and how we know it, that he can focus from a different light than false promises and what I feel as hot air. I have told him that this world is all natural and as far as we can tell started from an energy singularity and has been a continuous journey of expanding energy transformations; also that energy can not be created nor destroyed and if I had the power I would change the assignment called “Death” to its real value, “another beautiful transformation”. My brother will transform as I and everything has and will, in due time.

cwang50LEVEL 59

Reply by cwang50GOLD

Hi ! I hope you take advantage of the time you have to say what you will to your Bro.ImaChristian2

Indeed!!! And now his transformation from our familiarity is complete as he left me yesterday. I know he is pain free as I understand it to be. Again thanks,,, to you, Simon and the silent readers for allowing me to vent.

havingagoLEVEL 81

Reply by havingagoGOLD

Charlie, sorry to hear you lost your brother. As Connie said, I hope you were able to spend time with your brother in his last days. However many days we spend with loved ones, it's always never enough and there is that lingering sense of loss that takes time to heal. That's life unfortunately. The way I see it, the most important thing is to make the most of life the best way you can.

Whatever people's beliefs or no-beliefs there is no denying that death is a natural part of life. The body has its own time to go and there's nothing we can do to stop it.

Thinking of you. Take care.

Keep on venting. This is practically the only forum on this site where anything of any importance is discussed in any case!

ImaChristian2

Aw Charlie, I feel for you Brother. I am very fond of you so I don't like the thought of your hurting. I believe with all my heart you were a rock for your brother. Offering comfort to our loved ones as we watch them decline is one of the hardest things, but I have to admit, I smiled while reading your December 1st "Brain Storming" post above in blue. I've no doubt you did everything right by your brother, that his last days were spent filled with love and I hope at least one instance of you and your sisters bickering. That is real and even though its only real for you all, it makes you all part of something and what more could us mere humans hope for in life, or at lifes end. All my Love, Charlie!

madreemee

Reply by madreemee

HI cwang50... here in CANADA THEY HOOK FOLK UP TO A CONSTANT DRIP ONCE THEY SEE THAT THEY ARE TOO FAR GONE, I HAD 2 SIBLINGS DIE FROM CANCER OF THE PANCREAS in the past 5 years (quite a few years older then me)! You can request palative care but most of the time cancer patients don't make it there! I have a few relatives who are nurses so I did two palitive cares from my home when a couple of relatives of mine asked if they could come,at first I was leary but in the end I was glad I did it for them because it turned out to be one of the sweetest treasures of my life and as well it taught me how to handle and help the passing of some of my pets later on in life! My siblings by the way lived in another area of our Province and chose to stay where their kids could visit easier! They both passed away peacefully! I'm not a Christian but some of my siblings are I found it a lovely experience to respect thier way of beleif and hope they had! PEACE and hugs to you Cwang!

<< Prev