THINKING 101: FROM THE SINGULARITY

This topic is listed in Off Topic. It has been viewed 8,241 times and 581 replies have been made.

<< Prev  
madreemee

Reply by madreemee

ahhh yeah laugh....lol
madreemee

WE LIVE IN A REAL WORLD (physical) FROM NON REAL PERSPECTIVES (intangible)

"I want to share my soul with you"

"I want to share my thoughts with you"

Do they mean the same thing? Which is correct?cwang50

"I want to share my thoughts with you"!

maybirdLEVEL 43

Reply by maybird

Rings true..especially about friendships

madreemee

Reply by madreemee

THE ANCIENT ART of RHETORIC had an AGENDA:
The Sophists would travel from polis to polis teaching young men in public spaces how to speak and debate. The most famous of the Sophists schools were led by Gorgias and Isocrates. Because rhetoric and public speaking were essential for success in political life, students were willing to pay Sophist teachers great sums of money in exchange for tutoring. A typical Sophist curriculum consisted of analyzing poetry, defining parts of speech, and instruction on argumentation styles. They taught their students how to make a weak argument stronger and a strong argument weak.

Sophists prided themselves on their ability to win any debate on any subject even if they had no prior knowledge of the topic through the use of confusing analogies, flowery metaphors, and clever wordplay. In short, the Sophists focused on style and presentation even at the expense of truth.

The negative connotation that we have with the word “sophist” today began in ancient Greece. For the ancient Greeks, a “sophist” was a man who manipulated the truth for financial gain. It had such a pejorative meaning that Socrates was executed by the Athenians on the charge of being a Sophist. Both Plato and Aristotle condemned Sophists for relying solely on emotion to persuade an audience and for their 'disregard' for truth. Despite criticism from their contemporaries, the Sophists had a huge influence on developing the study and teaching of rhetoric.

Rhetoric was an art learned and honed like any great abilty to persuade others in whatever fashion of interest!
The bible from its begiining had over 3000 scrips of presentation and interpretation over an expanse of many centurys by scholars and novices the Catholic church was the latest in the context of these few last centuries 1600's until King James reenterpreted making it a book of self conveniece!

cwang50LEVEL 60

Edited reply by cwang50GOLD

PERHAPS ALL DEITIES ARE TRUE, SOME, OR NONE ARE TRUE. HOW ABSURB! ONLY ONE IS!!! WHICH DEPENDS ON WHO YOU ASK AND WHERE THEY LIVE.

cwang50LEVEL 60

Reply by cwang50GOLD

Why are we an Homo?

When one is ignorant to our understanding of what we know and how we know and verify it, regardless of the subject matter, will first appeal to a social constructed narrative and often times remain in the euphoria of feel goods over learned presented rational facts. This is why those who hold to religious or alternative accounts of Homo sapiens survival to date will often state "I aint come from no fucking monkey OK"

Having to guess, how many within the Sing snap community do you feel still don't know the verified and tested explanations of the journey of the homo sapiens to 2019? How many would you say know the progression of the Hominidae?

madreemee

Reply by madreemee

Creativeness/invention is born out of neccesity not superiority like the brain of man starting with a spark of possibiltys nothing was jet propulsion from it's beginning mans ego is on jet propulsion and the dumber he is the more fart his brain gives off lol!!
The old adage about inventiveness, of course, is that it stems from necessity. Based on his studies of orangutans, primatologist Carel van Schaik of the University of Zurich has come to a very different view. “When food is scarce, orangutans go into energy-saving mode. They minimize movement and focus on unappealing fall-back foods,” he observed. Their strategy in this scenario is quite the opposite of innovation, but it makes sense. “Trying something new can be risky—you can get injured or poisoned—and it requires a serious investment of time, energy and attention, while the outcome is always uncertain,” van Schaik explains.

madreemee

Edited reply by madreemee

WHY it is wise to have many minds come together to make a greater outcome...or else marry your cousin instead...hahaha!
Evolutionary biologist Joe Henrich of the University of British Columbia, who recently wrote a book on the role of culture in the success of our species, expects that will indeed turn out to be the case. “I think the idea that innovation depends on individual geniuses is misguided. History shows that inventions invariably build on earlier findings that are recombined and improved upon. Most of the things we use every day are inventions that no single human being could ever design within her lifetime,” he observes. “Rather than the product of individual innovators, these inventions can be thought of as the product of our societies. Innovations rely on individuals learning from others—in that way, human society functions like a collective!

cwang50LEVEL 60

Reply by cwang50GOLD

Creativeness/invention is born out of neccesity not superiority like the brain of man starting with a spark of possibiltys nothing was jet propulsion from it's beginning mans ego is on jet propulsion and the dumber he is the more fart his brain gives off lol!!

madreemee

Hmmmm so brain farts are neutral..dannnnng what a waste!!!

cwang50LEVEL 60

WE LIVE IN A TANGIBLE WORLD BUT MOSTLY FROM INTANGIBLE PERSPECTIVES

OR

.THE HEART HAS MANY DUTIES WHERE PUMPING BLOOD IS BUT ONE.

cwang50LEVEL 60

Reply by cwang50GOLD

FAITH HEALERS HAS JOB SECURITY

Matthew 21:21–22
“Truly I tell you, if you have faith and do not doubt,m not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and it will be done. 22 If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask forn in prayer.”

" The only criterion for getting what you ask for is that you believe and have faith, says the faith healer to the amputee."

cwang50LEVEL 60

Reply by cwang50GOLD

THE CONVERSATION:

Adam was sitting on a rock one day, and the Father in heaven spoke to him.
God. "What are you doing Adam?
Adam. I'm bored
God. Shall I create you a woman?
Adam. What's that?
God. O she will be just like you, she'll chop the wood, fetch the groceries, brew you beer, and make a boat for you to go fishing, she'll even gut and cook the fish for you, and darn your socks, she'll even pamper you when you're down and out.
Adam. O gee, that sounds to good to be true, what's the catch?
God. O she'll cost an arm and a leg
Adam looked at his arms and his legs, then looked up towards the heavens
Adam. But Father, I might need my arms and legs, what do I get for a rib?

Now you know the rest of the story!!!

cwang50LEVEL 60

HUMANS ARE SPECIAL, ACCORDING TO HUMANS

"In all of paleontology, the most important of any pause to exposure by far has been that of hu·man·i·ty; Would you agree?"

madreemee

Reply by madreemee

HUMANS ARE SPECIAL, ACCORDING TO HUMANS

"In all of paleontology, the most important of any pause to exposure by far has been that of hu·man·i·ty; Would you agree?"cwang50

Humans think they are of ultra significance,so far their signicance has been in distruction of pretty much everything and in the end including themselves! I was listening to these robots 'learning' and one of them said humans interfer too much and they are useless without one another,robots ( it said) can be smart on their own! People are control freaks and sheep they want a ruler to guide them until they fall into the ditch then they look for another king/queen/idol/thing of worship! THE END!!

madreemee

Reply by madreemee

People are something you do not want to listen to for too long...take the good and leave the stupid...and even the good changes if you wait long enough to better or worse!!!

cwang50LEVEL 60

Reply by cwang50GOLD

People are something you do not want to listen to for too long...take the good and leave the stupid...and even the good changes if you wait long enough to better or worse!!!madreemee

because we're special!!! go ahead and ask me...lol

madreemee

Reply by madreemee

Humans are natural born to religiosity jelousy and racism and even killing (under the right circumstances)... that's why there can never be global peace,jelousy wants to tear up the face or even burn up it's apponant and or jelousy, racism wants to keep what it considers inferior out of it's playground! under the right circumstance religion will give 'any religion' permission to kill,few people escape a religiouse mind and more then one person will agree to the killing feild! Peacekeepers exist but they have too many of the above to ever fulfill their desire for,,, a world without prejeduces! I'm not a christian but the reason it was written that if a man hate in his heart they are not of god,,,it was a great point by which to try and save a world too full of hate!

cwang50LEVEL 60

Reply by cwang50GOLD

We live in a real world as you try to find a home for your intangibles in the only perespective hiding place they can exist. Only one of the lot reigns true, but only in pause to allow assignment, as jealousy is an evolved emotion without intent other than usages. Killing, religion, racism are mental conjurings of the man child from ignorance and a desire to conquer dispair.

cwang50LEVEL 60

What kind of world would this be if everyone was required to live by only factual knowledge instead of intangible yearnings? Would man-kind have surpass his present status or would it be pretty much the same as it is presently? While sitting in the dentist office I overheard a conversation as a question was asked and wondered, how many of the 7.4 billion Homo sapiens of the earth knew the most probable correct answer? How would you respond? “If all of man came from the same male and female monkeys, how come we have different colors of humans today and why are there still monkeys?”… Have you been exposed to this most probable, tested, verified knowledge or does your culture hold to the social constructs of ignorance? WE LIVE IN A TANGIBLE WORLD BUT MOSTLY FROM INTANGIBLE PERSPECTIVES AND W/ EVOLVED EMOTIONS.

madreemee

MAN hasn't evolved enough yet to be able to curtail emotions that can be not only damaging to himself but as we see damaging to others inc his own family members!
Humans base existance on superstion/religions! Monkeys 'don't'! Everything has an instinct to survive and also an instinct to destroy an apponent ,so it could be said that instinct to survive mixed with perinoide fears of the other guy religiously and possibly superstitions can drive a person to madness and intent to mass destruction of another (war)! Ignorance is intolerance of another born out of unfamiliarity ( disturbed feelings and unrecognition of another's approach of life) but yet a mans instinct would automaticly try to rescue he put in peril and opposite to him under the right circumstances! you do what your told to be true in life persauded by family belief values etc as to what life is supposed to be! Most of us spend a lifetime trying to figure our own selves out because we don't recognize that what is in error/disturbing/possibly irrational with us as a whole is what our individual society has persuaded us to be true! but is it?! split second decisions (saving a drowning man) put's all other persausions and instincts aside and one see's no color but the drowning human! it would take an entire world to put aside the bull shit they follow in order to let live and live and be rid of the dictators who destroy like they are elected to do!

madreemee

Reply by madreemee

My parent was a humanist (belief that you must not be persuaded but follow your desires basically) he told me many times "big mistake if you listen to people for too long take the good science's and leave out the politics religion and witchery potions of brain bubblings")! it is near impossible to keep onself on track in society,I read the bible to be informed many times and studied beleifs such as alchemy and your string theory and all others even conspiracy theorys and on and on and they 'ALL' sound' authenticly good! you come to realize after many years just how confused and cofusing life can be if you let it and so I always go back to MOTHER nature her life her sounds her beauty her fresh breath her fledglings her sky's her reeds and come to the conclusion that Native American had the closest thing to the truth of life then all others,because no matter what we are "DRIVEN" to find peace hope joy LOVE and that somewhere out there,there is something good that can barely be found in man here!..

cwang50LEVEL 60

Reply by cwang50GOLD

My parent was a humanist (belief that you must not be persuaded but follow your desires basically) he told me many times "big mistake if you listen to people for too long take the good science's and leave out the politics religion and witchery potions of brain bubblings")! it is near impossible to keep onself on track in society,I read the bible to be informed many times and studied beleifs such as alchemy and your string theory and all others even conspiracy theorys and on and on and they 'ALL' sound' authenticly good! you come to realize after many years just how confused and cofusing life can be if you let it and so I always go back to MOTHER nature her life her sounds her beauty her fresh breath her fledglings her sky's her reeds and come to the conclusion that Native American had the closest thing to the truth of life then all others,because no matter what we are "DRIVEN" to find peace hope joy LOVE and that somewhere out there,there is something good that can barely be found in man here!..madreemee

UH OOOOOOO WORD SALAD AT WORK LMAOOOOOOO (you just made nature a deity)

When logic and reason guides coupled with the methods we have derived to decern what is most probable based from evidence (to an accuracy of 99.9% in some cases), it should be the only process by which we obtain knowledge until another (or other)method supercedes with demonstration. It is possible that you injected mother nature as a metephor. That being the case, supports us living in a tangible world, from intangible perspectives

cwang50LEVEL 60

Using nature in that way (to me) is the equivalent of saying, "but I feel it in my heart and soul that X is the case" and begs to question my openig query..."What kind of world would this be if everyone was required to live by only factual knowledge instead of intangible yearnings?"

cwang50LEVEL 60

"it is near impossible to keep onself on track in society,I read the bible to be informed many times and studied beleifs such as alchemy and your string theory and all others even conspiracy theorys and on and on and they 'ALL' sound' authenticly good!"

True, some claims do sound good, wonder which claim regardless of origin or intent bears testable repeatable evidence, to include string theory?

cwang50LEVEL 60

Reply by cwang50GOLD

HAVING THE POWER WHICH WORDS WOULD YOU BAN

MOTHERFUCKER...NIGGER... SON OF A BITCH...FUCK...SHIT...CHINK...HONKY...GOOK...GOD...HEAVEN...SATAN...DICK...PUSSY OR ANY WORD YOU FIND OFFENSIVE?

Does words have meaing or usages?

cwang50LEVEL 60

lol...I would ban>>> (what a waste..lol) (not in dictionary)(Chemical name of titin, the largest known protein) believe it or not this is only one word!

Noun
Methionylthreonylthreonylglutaminylalanylprolylthreonylphenylalanylthreonylglutaminylprolylleucylglutaminylserylvalylvalylvalylleucylglutamylglycylserylthreonylalanylthreonylphenylalanylglutamylalanylhistidylisoleucylserylglycylphenylalanylprolylvalylprolylglutamylvalylseryltryptophylphenylalanylarginylaspartylglycylglutaminylvalylisoleucylserylthreonylserylthreonylleucylprolylglycylvalylglutaminylisoleucylserylphenylalanylserylaspartylglycylarginylalanyllysylleucylthreonylisoleucylprolylalanylvalylthreonyllysylalanylasparaginylserylglycylarginyltyrosylserylleucyllysylalanylthreonylasparaginylglycylserylglycylglutaminylalanylthreonylserylthreonylalanylglutamylleucylleucylvalyllysylalanylglutamylthreonylalanylprolylprolylasparaginylphenylalanylvalylglutaminylarginylleucylglutaminylserylmethionylthreonylvalylarginylglutaminylglycylserylglutaminylvalylarginylleucylglutaminylvalylarginylvalylthreonylglycylisoleucylprolylasparaginylprolylvalylvalyllysylphenylalanyltyrosylarginylaspartylglycylalanylglutamylisoleucylglutaminylserylserylleucylaspartylphenylalanylglutaminylisoleucylserylglutaminylglutamylglycylaspartylleucyltyrosylserylleucylleucylisoleucylalanylglutamylalanyltyrosylprolylglutamylaspartylserylglycylthreonyltyrosylserylvalylasparaginylalanylthreonylasparaginylserylvalylglycylarginylalanylthreonylserylthreonylalanylglutamylleucylleucylvalylglutaminylglycylglutamylglutamylglutamylvalylprolylalanyllysyllysylthreonyllysylthreonylisoleucylvalylserylthreonylalanylglutaminylisoleucylserylglutamylserylarginylglutaminylthreonylarginylisoleucylglutamyllysyllysylisoleucylglutamylalanylhistidylphenylalanylaspartylalanylarginylserylisoleucylalanylthreonylvalylglutamylmethionylvalylisoleucylaspartylglycylalanylalanylglycylglutaminylglutaminylleucylprolylhistidyllysylthreonylprolylprolyl (there are 2 more pages...I stopped copying here)

madreemee

THERE'S A REASON WHY THE EARTH HIDES THINGS BUT TRUST MAN TO FIND THEM ANYWAY!!! THEY in turn CALL IT PROGRESS,THERE'S JUNK IN SPACE NOW AND PLASTIC BOTTLES TOO! IF I WERE GOD I WOULD BAN MAN LOL! oh well man's gonna self destruct anyway! and Mom earths gonna say "ahhhh what a releif " "ASSHOLE's" a good word covers pretty much all of us!

cwang50LEVEL 60

THERE'S A REASON WHY THE EARTH HIDES THINGS BUT TRUST MAN TO FIND THEM ANYWAY!!! THEY in turn CALL IT PROGRESS,THERE'S JUNK IN SPACE NOW AND PLASTIC BOTTLES TOO! IF I WERE GOD I WOULD BAN MAN LOL! oh well man's gonna self destruct anyway! and Mom earths gonna say "ahhhh what a releif " "ASSHOLE's" a good word covers pretty much all of us!madreemee

We usually agree on many things, but in instances such as these we are miles apart. Especially when you try to smuggle in intentions without testable, measurable evidence such as "THERE'S A REASON WHY THE EARTH HIDES THINGS " That statement violates a few logic arguments specifically incongruity and ignorance. Assertions are just that, asserted. I can't support the statement "THERE'S A REASON WHY THE EARTH HIDES THINGS" as I don't know that or have testable evidence even if I want it to be so, nor does anyone else. The universe is all natural with no purpose or intent and any asserts must be demonstrated when making claims otherwise it is a fallacy. Science portrays two present realms, tangible and intangible and the mediator between the two is the evolved/evolving mammal brain. As I see it, there is a need to stay with the discovered methods (scientific methods) that have moved and guided our path of advancing knowledge (even when perceived as slow goings) and should be the lead until another (or other)method supersedes with a demonstration.

cwang50LEVEL 60

Reply by cwang50GOLD

FYI

Many make a big deal out of copyright infringements. However, it should be known that in the US and most western nations one can use materials of others where props are given under the "fair use". Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Many do not know that giving acknowledgment to perspectives owners allows one use of copyrighted materials particularly when it is non-profit, educational or for personal use, it tips the balance in favor of "fair use". The trend recently has been to attach statements of sorts such as "All copyrighted materials contained herein belong to their respective copyright holders, I do not claim ownership over any of these materials." Here on SS many get angry when someone uses their recording for purposes because they don't understand the difference between a public recording and a private recording.

madreemee

Reply by madreemee

I agree I was being factious...truth is mother Earth has everything man needs,for an instance there was never any reason for man to suffer anything but it was supertition of wichery and some of it's medication that caused anquish for no reason, the Aboriginals of the land had potions for everything even mania! and even to this day there are those who would deny a person hope for a simple therapy such as cannabus oil for arthritus! the dying were given pyote and other hallucenagens and transferred to the other world (ahhhhem lol)! I like my copyright Molsen Canadian and the odd sip of wine!! Here on SS too many forget this is a karaoke site, somewhere where you should be allowed to do whatever you like with a song good or bad, one could always buy a karaoke site themselves and try selling some of these downloads!! sure!

madreemee

I can't believe I just typed 2 really lengthy posts and then both were deleted by my own doing. If I seem angry I am. So best just get to the point. Charlie I am sorry about your Jesus in Toast thread. I often stopped in and posted. As you know via Private message I am so amazed at your intelligence and at the same time your laid back attitude. The times I asked for advice, I did so knowing you were a kind person who is genuine and I was always comfortable approaching you. Thanks for all the advice you gave me and thank you for teaching me that everything and anything can and should be challenged. I understand that is why the sky is not the limit when there is an entire solar system. If this makes no sense to you Charlie then consider your posts. I don't understand most of them but I understand you and I like you. Anyone who contributed to the closing of your thread should step up and take accountability. I feel really bad about it and I am sorry that it was closed.

Dear Sing Snap, I may need to brush up on my social skills a bit, but its a trade for me cause I'm here most the time. The reason for that is my Employer does not care to socialize outside the home and I stay near for personal reasons. SingSnap is a wonderful place to socialize and I have been utilizing the things you offer gratefully. I can tell you that the Jesus in toast thread was important to me. I understand the rules in place to refrain from debate but I never went to that thread to debate. I am smart enough to know, that I am not near the intelligence Level Charlie is, and if I went there to engage him in debate, he would kick my ass. I do not pretend to hide any emotions that I experience because I am of the mind that emotions are actually healthy so I let them come and I let them be known. I do not take a prescription drug for any of them, because there is so much of that these days, people don't feel anything. I live in Oregon so I can smoke medicine and even though I don't imbibe, perhaps I should so I can conform to the rules I cant seem to understand. I am angry but SingSnap I am not here to debate with you. Because that would be stupid of me. There was never a time that I considered the thread may be closed because of what I initiated there because if I had known, I would have fixed the problem. I did not go there to debate and if other people did, I LMAO watching them lose theirs. I apologized to Charlie because if I would have known how I was being perceived, I would have ceased and desisted. I would have done what I could to prevent it, I hope that you understand this message, if not go look at Cwang50 posts. LOL Everything can be challenged.ImaChristian2

I was not like here on SS from the beginning by some because I sadi on my front page I was an agnostic, anyone who says that they do not deal life from views and political views as well as religious politics is wrong! I know very well I am a problem to some here because yes I come from a far different attitude then most here! But i must say 'I am a Christian" I know you have a true heart and I appreciate that! 67% of America is Christian 64% of Canada is Christian you can't walk or drive more then 3 blocks to be reminded of that, I say give some space to those whom are different,this world should not be a dictatorship! I'm glad I A A C spoke up for Cwans intent to speak of something like he said most would take 2% interest in!! But I take a lot of interest in his intellect and information!

ImaChristian2

Reply by ImaChristian2GOLD +2

But I take a lot of interest in his intellect and information!madreemee

As do I. Thank you kindly for the mention. Appreciate that.

<< Prev