Classic video fail

This topic is listed in Website Problems & Help. It has been viewed 89 times and 3 replies have been made.

ben_cabotLEVEL 42

Post by ben_cabotPATRON

The SS classic version will not recognize my laptop camera, so I can't do videos. The beta version will let me do videos, but sound is Skippy and searching is not library like, you need to know what you are searching for.

ZZ-EdLEVEL 67

Reply by ZZ-EdGOLD

The SS classic version will not recognize my laptop camera, so I can't do videos. The beta version will let me do videos, but sound is Skippy and searching is not library like, you need to know what you are searching for.ben_cabot

Is this something new?

In other words, did SS classic version recognize your laptop camera in the past and suddenly now it doesn't?

A little information might be useful.

What kind of laptop?

Operating system?

You never know...someone might be able to help you if they knew more...

ben_cabotLEVEL 42

Reply by ben_cabotPATRON

I have a SONY VAIO 64 bit Windows 7 home premium. Using Mozilla Firefox. The problem is there is a webcam advertisement banner on top of where the video image would be, and I cannot click the enable camera box. It always worked until recently.

ZZ-EdLEVEL 67

Reply by ZZ-EdGOLD

I have a SONY VAIO 64 bit Windows 7 home premium. Using Mozilla Firefox. The problem is there is a webcam advertisement banner on top of where the video image would be, and I cannot click the enable camera box. It always worked until recently.ben_cabot

Well...here is what I would do ...

First I would do an install of malwarebytes (the free version) and do a total system scan..

OR...Perhaps try a different browser...

Or first see if you can zoom in or out using the zoom in/out in firefox to see if that allows you access to the button you need to push...

Another alternative would be to CHANGE THE SCREEN RESOLUTION to see if that will arrange things so that you can get around the "webcam advertisement" (which shouldn't be there) to push the correct button

Another thing you might try...in fact..maybe do this FIRST if possible....TYPE IN..."SYSTEM RESTORE"....and choose a date prior to the problem starting and try to get you computer back to the way it was prior to the problem developing.

MAKE SURE YOU DON'T DO "BACKUP AND RESTORE"...you don't want to return your computer to Factory settings...(probably)...otherwise all of your data will be lost...

That's all I've got....