This Pilgrims Progress

This topic is listed in Promotion. It has been viewed 70,013 times and 14,550 replies have been made.

<< Prev  
TDCLEVEL 102

Reply by TDCSNAP-STAR +9

WaterbirdLEVEL 93

Reply by WaterbirdSNAP-STAR

Hello My Sweet Friend....
Pray you are well and Happy....
and you have been abundantly Blessed.....
Love you very much My Dear Sheri....
Thank you so much for your WONDERFUL Banner today....
May you and Yours have a Blessed Evening....

THE PILGRIMS PROGRESS “A Safe Place”
THE TENDER WARRIOR – THE LIFE OF DAVID
NOVEMBER 13th, 2017

DAVID REMEMBERED THE PROMISES HE HAD MADE

It is characteristic of politicians today to get elected on the basis of promises made during their campaigns – promises that often go unfulfilled once they reach office. There are always thousands of people who help others achieve their dreams but who are then forgotten when their candidate takes office. But David seems not to have been typical in that regard. He remembered promises he made and endeavored to keep them.

You will recall that David and Saul’s son Jonathan became covenant friends when Saul was trying to take David’s life. Jonathan put his own life on the line in order to help David remain safe. First Samuel 20 records a conversation they had about the future when David was finally able to be made king. Jonathan recognized that he would not become the nest king, that God had chosen David. But Jonathan asked David not to exact vengeance upon Saul’s house, specifically Jonathan’s own descendants, once David became king (verse 15). Jonathan foresaw the possibility that he might not make it through the difficult transition from his father’s rule to David’s so he asked David to be kind to his family, just as he had been kind to David and offered him protection from Saul. (It was common in the ancient world for acceding kings to kill all the family of the former king so as to remove any threat of a coup or uprising from the former king’s family.)

Back to 2 Samuel 4, we see that David kept his covenant promise to Jonathan. Jonathan had a son named Mephibosheth who was five years old when his father and grandfather (Saul) died in battle with the Philistines. When word of their death reached Saul’s officials, Mephibosheth’s nurse made haste to flee and take the child into hiding, fearing a possible invasion by the Philistines. We are not given details about this, but some kind of accident occurred, and the child’s legs or feet were injured so that he remained lame from that point on.

Turning forward to 2 Samuel 9, we find David having settled into his role as king and seeking to find any descendant of Jonathan to whom he owes kindness, remembering his promise to Jonathan (verse 1). A servant remembered lame Mephibosheth, who had been living in an out-of-the-way place called Lo Debar. So David sent for Mephibosheth and made him a permanent member of the royal family: “Do not fear, for I will surely show you kindness for Jonathan your father’s sake, and will restore to you all the land of Saul your grandfather; and you shall eat bread at my table continually” (verse 7)

So David kept his promise to Jonathan by seeking out his orphaned, crippled, five-year-old son and bringing him to his own residence in Hebron. He also restored the property of Saul to Mephibosheth and made Saul’s servant, Ziba, responsible for tending the land and providing food for the child. And David decreed that Mephibosheth would sit at David’s table forever.

This is an example of integrity par excellence – keeping one’s word even when circumstances change. This is the kind of person God expects each of us to be – a person who can be elevated without sacrificing integrity.

Here are two concluding lessons from what we have observed in David’s life as he makes the transition from fugitive to king.

1. God is Responsible to Promote

Here are the words of Asaph in Psalm 75:7: “But God is the Judge: He puts down one, and exalts another.”

David understood this principle: “So David knew that the LORD had established him as king over Israel, and that He had exalted His kingdom for the sake of His people Israel” (2 Samuel 5:12). David was not confused about who had made him king. It is a dangerous thing to get confused about the cause or source of our success.

2. We Are Responsible to Prepare

Just because God is the ultimate cause of our success does not mean we can sit idly by and do nothing. Our job is to be active in faithfulness, trusting and waiting, and following God’s lead.

For fifteen years, David was failing on day, succeeding the next, and all the while learning who God is and how He works. He saw Saul’s sins and failures and cataloged those in his mental database to use as a future reference. When the time came for him to become king at the age of thirty, he was far more ready than he was when he was anointed at the age of fifteen.

Whatever your plans or goals are for your life, keep your responsibilities and God’s responsibilities separate, and you will succeed: You prepare while you wait for God to promote.

Dr. David Jeremiah

DID YOU KNOW ??

The story of Mephibosheth’s rescue from being an outcast to sitting at the king’s table has many parallels to the Gospel story itself. Mephibosheth’s name is also recorded as Merib-baal, incorporating the name of the Canaanite idol-diety, Baal (1 Chronicles 8:34;, 9:40). It is a picture of the believer’s pre-Christian identity with the kingdom of Satan before being adopted into God’s family. The town where David found Mephibosheth, Lo Debar, was east of the Jordan River in the territory of Gad, a picture of our being excluded from the household of God in our lost state. In Hebrew, Lo means “not” while Debar is a variant of debir, “place.” While the meaning of Lo Debar is uncertain, it literally means “no place,”

WaterbirdLEVEL 93

Have a Blessed Night Everyone….

MORNING ON THE GLOBE
THE PILGRIM’S PROGRESS
NOVEMBER 14th, 2017

STAKE YOUR CLAIM

Praise ye the Lord. Blessed is the man that feareth the Lord, that delighteth greatly in his commandments. Wealth and riches shall be in his house: and his righteousness endureth for ever. - Psalm 112:1,3

I'll never forget the time Gloria discovered that scripture. We didn't have any money at the time, and the walls in our house were as bare as they could be. But she was ready to decorate. So she took that promise, "Wealth and riches shall be in his house" and laid claim to it by faith.

Suddenly, everywhere we went, somebody was giving us a painting or some other little treasure for our house.

Unfortunately, most believers aren't as quick to believe God for that kind of thing as Gloria was. Some even claim God doesn't promise us New Testament believers physical prosperity, just spiritual. But the truth is, you can't separate the two. That's why Jesus says, "If you'll seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, then all these things will be added to you." He knows the spiritual realm and the material realm are connected.

The physical world cannot operate independently from the spiritual world. What happens in one is simply a reflection of what happens in the other.

Obviously, your spiritual standing profoundly affects your financial standing. That's why, when you get hold of the gospel and begin to prosper spiritually, you can begin to prosper physically and materially as well.

Don't let anyone talk you out of God's promises of prosperity. You don't have to choose between financial and spiritual prosperity. Both belong to you. Lay claim to them by faith. As a born-again child of God, dare to reach out and receive the riches that belong to you!
SCRIPTURE READING: Deuteronomy 7:8-13

By Kenneth Copeland

~~~~~ If you have a prayer request.... Please leave it in Waterbird's Message Box...

WaterbirdLEVEL 93

GOOD MORNING MY BELOVED FRIENDS …
LET US LIFT OUR HEADS IN PRAYER AND PRAISE ON THIS NEW DAY …..

"Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good! Blessed is the man who takes refuge in him."
Psalms 34:8

Dear Heavenly Father …..

We know You are good. Even when our hearts waver and we don’t feel it, we know You are good. Thank You for being bigger than our feelings. Thank You even for entrusting us with these times when believing is hard, when faith requires looking without seeing. You have never failed, though we often fail. You have never proved untrustworthy, though we have proved so fickle and forgetful. So today, we put no trust in our emotions but only in what You have shown us through Your Word to be true—that You are good, all the time. In Jesus’ Name we pray …. Amen and Amen …..

Good Morning Dear Ones….
Pray you are rested and refreshed….
May you be blessed in all you do today….
Will be around and about…
So feel free to drop by and say hello….
Many Blessings…. ~~waterbird~~

Daily Reports Storms and Weather Patterns on our Planet as well as Solar and earthquake activity……http://www.suspicious0bservers.org

WaterbirdLEVEL 93

TODAY’S TURNING POINT
NOVEMBER 14th, 2017
DR. DAVID JEREMIAH

KNOWING YOU, JESUS!

That I may know Him.
Philippians 3:10

Why did Paul tell the Philippians that his purpose was to “know” Christ? Had not he met Christ on the road to Damascus long ago? Had not he served Him throughout the years? Why would a seasoned Christian apostle who had introduced multitudes to Christ say that he still needed to “know Him”?

The Amplified Bible, Classic Edition helps us understand Paul’s meaning. It renders this verse: “ that I may know Him [that I may progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him, perceiving and recognizing and understanding the wonders of His Person more strongly and more clearly].”

We should never get to the point of being satisfied in our relationship with the Lord, for it’s a joy to continue our quest to know Him more dearly and love Him more deeply. We meet Christ at the Cross through conversion; but we meet with Him in the prayer closet through conversation, talking to Him in prayer and listening to Him in His Word. As we learn to practice His presence, we keep ourselves in His love and avoid what grieves Him.

Knowing Jesus—there is no better thing.

A SINGLE THOUGHT ….

O most merciful redeemer, friend, and brother, may I know thee more clearly, love thee more dearly and follow thee more nearly day by day.
Richard, Thirteenth-Century Bishop of Chichester

TDCLEVEL 102

Reply by TDCSNAP-STAR +9

WaterbirdLEVEL 93

AH~~~ My Sheri.... This Banner of yours
Brought tears to my eyes....
Thank you so much for sharing this....
It was absolutely LOVELY...
Pray you have a Day that's Blessed...
Beyond your Wildest Dreams...
Hugs and Much Love i send to you....

CAPTURED BY GRACE
NOVEMBER 14th 2017

THE REQUIREMENT OF GRACE FOR THE CHRISTIAN LIFE (2 Corinthians 4: 7-9)

Why do we need grace to face dangers, toils and snares? Because we carry the life of Jesus around in earthen (delicate) human vessels. We are “hard pressed … perplexed … struck down,” but not “crushed … in despair … destroyed.” And it is by grace that we are not.

Al mighty God sent His Son, Jesus Christ, into the world in a frail human body just like yours and mine. God in a human body! It’s an amazing though. And the same is true of us. God is in us (we are not God, but He lives in us through the Spirit), in our earthen vessels – literally, “clay pots.” In Paul’s day, clay pots were the common vessels used by everyone. Their value was determined by their contents – empty, they had little value since they were so common.

We are common clay pots made valuable by the presence of God in us. And we are subject to difficult times in this world. Most people experience more problems after becoming a Christian than they did before because they are now going against the world and against their old nature. A lot of people were surprised several years ago when I fought cancer, thinking pastors weren’t supposed to get sick. The reason I got sick is that I’m human. Sickness is a human condition. Sometimes clay pots crack and sometimes they break, and only the grace of God can help you deal with it when it happens.

In 2 Corinthians 12, Paul tells about a particular kind of trouble he experienced: a thorn in his flesh, “a messenger of Satan,” to keep him humble (verses 7-10). Why did he need to be reminded about humility? Because he was allowed to visit the third heaven and receive revelations that no one else had received. He saw heaven through his human eyes (2 Corinthians 12:1-6). To make him ever mindful of the need not to feel exalted about that experience, God allowed Paul to be afflicted in some way by Satan.

Dr. David Jeremiah

WaterbirdLEVEL 93

A LIFE BEYOND AMAZING …
9 DECISIONS THAT WILL TRANSFORM YOUR LIFE
NOVEMBER 14th, 2017

STAY FOCUSED ON THE GOAL

Finally, the key to everything is keeping our eyes on the goal. The New International Version of Hebrews 12:2 says it just that way: “Fixing our eyes on Jesus.” Why? Beaucse “for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.” Jesus endured the cross and the same in order to reach His goal – sitting down at the right hand of God. In verse 3 the writer uses Jesus as the example of how we ourselves need to endure. “For consider … lest you become weary and discouraged in your souls.”

Jesus endured to reach His goal and if we keep our eyes on Him and His example, we can endure and reach our goal of finishing the race set before us. Again, it is God’s power working within us that makes it possible. Yet we are exhorted to do the work ourselves: “Strengthened with all might. According to His glorious power, for all patience and longsuffering with joy” (Colossians 1:11). We need God’s power in us in order to endure.

In his book God to Great, Jim Collins tells the story of a championship high school cross-country team that based their success on a simple idea: Run the best at the end. Their runners didn’t try to lead every race until the end when they overtook their competitors and won. It’s such a simple idea, but that idea was drilled into the thinking of all their coaches and runners: Run your best at the end.

I believe we are near the end of our time here on earth. I don’t know when Christ is going to return, but I do know we get closer every day (Romans 13:11). What I do know is that I want to run strong at the end. I hope you do as well. To do so, “ have need of endurance” (Hebrews 10:36)

Dr. David Jeremiah

DID YOU KNOW ??

While there are numerous kinds of endurance races held all over the world, none is as mysterious as the Barkley Marathon held in Frozen Head State Park near Wartburg, Tennessee. While it is quirky, that doesn’t mean it isn’t hard. Out of the more than 800 times entrants have started the race, it has been completed in the allotted time only eighteen times by fifteen runners. The annual race is limited to forty runners who must cover five unmarked twenty-mile loops – a total of 100 miles in less than sixty hours. The race basically consists of running up and down rugged, wooded mountains – nearly 55,000 feet of vertical climbing. The race is not advertised and there is no web site. It is held in March of April and entered by people who somehow find out when and where. *-*

WaterbirdLEVEL 93

NOVEMBER 14th, 2017

GOD’S WORK GOD’S WAY - 2 Samuel 6

In this lesson we learn the dangers of using the world’s methods to accomplish God’s work.

Many ministries today are run like Fortune 500 corporations. There is nothing inherently wrong with that, but if the methods of “doing business” look more like man’s than God’s, then Christians are guilty of a dangerous practice: justifying worldly means by kingdom ends.

1. The Desire to Bring Back the Ark
A. A Major Project
B. A Majestic Undertaking

2. The Directions for Bringing Back the Ark
A. He did the Right Thing in the Wrong Way
B. He Asked the Right Questions of the Wrong Person

3. The disaster in Bringing Back the Ark

4. The Delay in Brining Back the Ark

5. The Delight in Brining Back the Ark

David is known by many names in Scripture and in Christian tradition: “Shepherd boy,” “shephered king,” “giant killer,” and “sweet singer of Israel.” But the name I have always loved the most is “the man after God’s own heart.” I believe in this lesson we get the clearest picture so far of what it meant that David was a man who followed after the heart of God.

After a number of minor skirmishes with the forces supporting the house of Saul and the Philistines, and after taking control of the Jebusite stronghold of Jerusalem to make it his royal city, David’s first act was to restore the Ark of the Covenant to his newly-established capital.

The Ark of the Covenant was a sacred object in the life of the people of Israel. It was kept in the Holy of Holies in the tabernacle and represented the place above which God dwelt, between the outstretched wings of the two cherubim on the lid of the Ark (Exodus 25: 21-22). Because it represented the presence of God, It was imperative that the Ark be brought to the royal city, Jerusalem.

The Ark had been captured by the Philistines, who carried it around to all their cities as an act of defiance against Israel and her God. They then set the Ark in the temple of their god, Dagon; but their god kept falling off its pedestal whenever it was in the Ark’s presence. So the Philistines didn’t know what to do with the Ark, and they became willing to return it to Israel. It caused nothing but trouble for the Philistines.

Before David took control of the Ark, the Israelites were careless in handling it. A number of people in the town of Beth Shamash were killed when they defiled the holiness of God by removing the lid and looking inside. When David became king, the Ark had been a Kirjath Jearim for twenty years in the house of a man name Abinadab (2 Samuel 6: 21 – 7:2) During the days of Saul, no one even inquired of the Lord in the presence of the Ark (1 Chronicles 123:3), evidence of the spiritual decline in the nation during Saul’s reign. But David went to Kirjath Jearim to fetch the Ark and take it to Jerusalem.

Dr. David Jeremiah

WaterbirdLEVEL 93

Good Evening Dear Friends…
Pray you day was Blessed…
Been having to endure cold days …
Damp and the chilliness goes right through you….
Wearing layers and still can’t warm up..
Will be glad when I get my wool socks finished
I have been knitting….
Using small needles to make them nice and tight
In the stitching …. But it takes much longer than when
Your using bigger gauge of wool and needles….
But the good thing is too… they last longer….

Pray all of you have a Blessed Rest….
Will see you tomorrow…. Same time… same place…
Right here in The Pilgrim’s House….
Many Blessings… ~~waterbird~~

MORNING ON THE GLOBE
THE PILGRIM’S PROGRESS
NOVEMBER 15th, 2017

WHEN THE PRESSURE IS ON

Then they that feared the Lord spake often one to another: and the Lord hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the Lord, and that thought upon his name. - Malachi 3:16

Have you ever noticed that those who have the most exciting, faith-inspiring testimonies are those who've been under pressure at some time in their lives? They're the people who stayed faithful when the pressure was on. They're the people who believed God's promises of prosperity in the midst of desperate financial situations or trusted God for healing in the face of a terminal disease.

My friend, when you get into a hard spot, that's not the time to back out on God and begin to say, "Well, God, why did You let this happen to me?" It's not the time to step back and reevaluate His faithfulness.

What I'm saying to you is this: When tough times keep dragging on and the situations around you seem to refuse to get in line with the promises of God, don't reevaluate God! He's not missing it, and He's not failing.

If you're going to re-evaluate anything, re-evaluate yourself! Look and see where you may have failed. If you still can't find out what the problem is, just say, "God, I don't know what's wrong here, and I'm asking You to show me. But one thing I know, the problem's not with You, and I continue to be moved by Your Word and not by circumstances." Then, when He reveals something to you, be quick to make changes.

I want to encourage you to stand firm and to keep honoring God with your words. The Lord is listening to you when the pressure is on. What is He going to hear?

SCRIPTURE READING: Psalm 62

By Gloria Copeland

~~~~~ If you have a prayer request.... Please leave it in Waterbird's Message Box...

TDCLEVEL 102

Reply by TDCSNAP-STAR +9

You bring so many blessings into my life every day, Jackie!! I love you!!.

TDCLEVEL 102

Reply by TDCSNAP-STAR +9

WaterbirdLEVEL 93

Edited reply by WaterbirdSNAP-STAR

Oh My Sheri....
i love YOU so so much Dear One....
There are so many days i wish i could just
give you such a Big Old Hug and squeeze....
and a kiss on your cheek... i can't count them all....
May you have a Day that is Filled with so much joy and love
and all your Dreams and wishes and God Blessing you every inch of the way...

The Lord your God has blessed you in everything you have done. He has watched your every step through this great wilderness. During these forty years, the Lord your God has been with you, and you have lacked nothing. Deuteronomy 2:7

Dear Lord, I know that wherever I am, You are with me … guiding, protecting, providing. You make a mountain into a way …. You make streams flow in the desert …You cause a root to grow out of dry ground. Thank You for giving me the opportunity to see You work when all hope seems lost. I pray in your Blessed name Jesus…. Amen and Amen ….

Good Morning Dear Ones….
Pray all of you are Blessed today
And have a day that is filled with God’s Blessings
Much love I send to you ~~waterbird~~

Daily Reports Storms and Weather Patterns on our Planet as well as Solar and earthquake activity……http://www.suspicious0bservers.org

WaterbirdLEVEL 93

TODAY’S TURNING POINT
NOVEMBER 15th, 2017
DR. DAVID JEREMIAH

SHIP AHOY …

As people who have received mercy from God, we need to grant mercy to others who are fallible and in need of forgiveness. To be hospitable is to be evangelistic; to be forgiven is to be charitable; and to share Scripture is to speak of Christ. Sometimes it all comes together in a wonderful way.

One evening Dawson and Lila Trotman opened their home to some sailors, and after dinner Dawson asked everyone at the table to share a favorite Scripture verse. One Navy man was getting ready to share John 3:16 when the Trotman’s three-year-old daughter, Ruth, quoted it before it was his turn. The sailor was chagrined. But going back to the ship that night, he couldn’t get away from Ruth’s childlike recital of John 3:16, and he realized for the first time that he was part of the “whosoever.” Kneeling beside his bunk, he received Christ as Savior and soon thereafter wrote a letter telling Dawson and Lila what that evening had meant to his life.

Our culture isn’t known for hospitality, forgiveness, mercy, and evangelism—but those have never gone out of style on God’s calendar.

A SINGLE THOUGHT ….

I want to be a man who both knows the Bible from cover to cover and also lives it!
Dawson Trotman

WaterbirdLEVEL 93

CAPTURED BY GRACE
NOVEMBER 15th 2017

THE RESOURCE OF GRACE FOR THE CHRISTIAN LIFE (2 Corinthians 12: 8-9a)

Three times Paul asked God to remove Satan’s buffeting from him. God answered Paul’s prayer – just not in the way he expected. Paul needed grace to endure the affliction he was experiencing, and Paul needed grace to endure the affliction he was experiencing, and grace is what the received from the Lord. The Lord Jesus said to him, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Instead of taking away Paul’s throne in the flesh, he was given grace to live with it. Paul found that God’s grace was sufficient. The verb “to be sufficient” is in the present tense in verse 9, meaning it is present, ongoing reality. God’s grace is always sufficient to meet our need.

We have not begun to tap into the reality of just how abundant God’s grace is. If every Christian in the world needed the maximum amount of grace at the same time, there would be no shortage. If every sinner in the world repented and came to Christ at the same time, there would be no shortage. God’s grace is as infinite as God Himself. God has sufficient grace for every need you will ever have. Grace is the resource God provides for living the Christian life in a world of trouble.

I remember saying at the end of a difficult period in my life, “God is enough!” And He is – for me and for you.

THE RESULT OF GRACE IN THE CHRISTIAN LIFE (2 Corinthians 12:9; 4:7-10, 17-18)

There are two primary results of the grace of God when it flows into our life: We receive poser and we receive perspective.

THE GRACE OF GOD PRODUCES POWER (2 Corinthians 12:9-10)

Regarding his own situation, Paul said, “… I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me … For when I am weak, then I am strong.”

Paul states one of many paradoxes in the kingdom of God: I am strong when I am weak. He meant, of course, that when he was weak physically, God’s power made him strong. And it took weakness on his part for power (grace) to be made manifest in his life. Paul was still going to be able to fulfill his calling as an apostle. It’s just that people would see that the power in his life came from God, not from himself.

The little hints we have about Paul’s personal life indicate that you probably wouldn’t pick him out of a crowd as a great man who was going to change the world. Perhaps what was true of Paul applies to us, that the weaker we are in our humanity, the stronger God is through us. He could be Exhibit A for that truth, given what we know of him. If you feel weak in your humanity, rejoice! You are the very person through whom God wants to demonstrate His power.

A close friend called me recently to tell me of the trouble he was experiencing at the time. I was heartbroken to hear him describe what he was going through. But there was nothing I could do except promise him I’d be praying for him. I called him a few days later, and he had a glowing report: “Today has been a great day! I can’t explain it except to say it’s the grace of God.”

That’s exactly what it was. God’s grace is able to cause things to happen that we can’t explain. His grace is always sufficient and provides power to change situations in ways we couldn’t have prayed for or anticipated. But we have to need His power in order to experience His power. If we are self-sufficient, then we don’t need God. But when we are self-sufficient, that’s when we are at our weakest.

I recall how broken I was during some of my cancer treatments. I was embarrassed that I could hardly preach and couldn’t pray without crying. I didn’t want to be weak as a pastor, but that’s what God wanted me to experience. I needed to be broken of my self-sufficiency and learn to rely upon God’s grace in new ways. And as that happened, I experienced a new sort of spiritual power that I wouldn’t have had otherwise.

Dr. David Jeremiah

WaterbirdLEVEL 93

A LIFE BEYOND AMAZING …
NOVEMBER 15th, 2017

THE LIFE OF COMPASSION - Luke 10: 25-37

In this lesson we discover the true meaning of compassion.

It is not enough to recognize and bemoan the abundance of needs in the world. It is only enough when we see a need that God has shown us and we act to help meet that need as best we can. Only then have we fulfilled the dual commands of Scripture to love God and our neighbor. Only then have we fulfilled the dual commands of Scripture to love God and our neighbor.

1. Compassion Is Not Academic

2. Compassion Is Not Abstract

3. Compassion is Not Analytical

4. Compassion Is Action
A. Compassion Is What We See
B. Compassion Is What We Do
C. Compassion Is How We Do It
D. Compassion is How Much It Costs Us

Compassion can be exercised in many venues and for many reasons. But the greatest revelation of the kind of person we are usually happens “in the moment.” When life presents a moment to us, the fruit of the Holy Spirit is demonstrated spontaneously because we are submitted to the lordship of Christ in our life.

Compassion is certainly like that. We may round a corner in life and be suddenly confronted with a situation of great need. The need could be for money or food or clothing or encouragement or justice or something else. They are the kinds of situations Jesus encountered every day during His public ministry. Now, we are the hands and heart of Jesus on this earth. The fruit of the Spirit is given so we might respond as He would. Jesus wants to be compassionate through us.

A moment that brought forth compassion for a needy stranger is now here better illustrated than in the parable of the Good Samaritan (Luke 10: 25-37). I believe this story is the greatest story of compassion found in the Bible. This story gives us both sides of the compassion coin: how not to respond with compassion and how to respond with compassion. It is up to us to choose which example we will follow.

Dr. David Jeremiah

WaterbirdLEVEL 93

NOVEMBER 15th, 2017

THE DESIRE TO BRING BACK THE ARK

Taking the Ark to Jerusalem was both a major project and a majestic one. There might have been opposition to David’s desire but, given the centrality of the Ark in the life of the nation, it needed to be done.

A MAJOR PROJECT

David assembled a force of 30,000 “choice men of Israel” to retrieve the Ark. This number represented the force necessary in case there was opposition from the Philistines or even from the Israelites who were opposed to David’s kingship.

A MAJESTIC UNDERTAKING

David not only assembled an army but a choir and musicians as well. This was to be a mission of worship as well as a logistic mission.

THE DIRECTIONS FOR BRINGING BACK THE ARK

Despite all of David’s best efforts to retrieve the Ark in an appropriate fashion and with proper safeguards, he did two things wrong.

HE DID THE RIGHT THING IN THE WRONG WAY

In our own pragmatic age, people think like this: “It doesn’t matter what you do, just do something,” or “Don’t just stand there, do something!” David, in his haste to do the right thing, did it the wrong way.

When the Ark and the tabernacle were built in the wilderness after Israel came out of Egypt, God gave specific instructions about how to transport the sacred objects involved in Israel’s worship. Numbers 4:5-6 contains instructions for how the priests were to prepare the Ark for travel and then how to carry it. It was to be covered with certain coverings and then carried by inserting long poles through rings on the side of the Ark. The long poles were then set on the shoulders of the priests as they walked along, carrying the Ark. Verse 15 says that no one was to touch the Ark when it was moved. In Numbers 7:9 we learn that the sons of Kohath had the responsibility for carrying the Ark on their shoulders when it needed to be moved.

Now, looking back at 2 Samuel 6:3, we learn that the Ark was set on a new cart that had been brought to transport it from Kirjath Jearim to Jerusalem – not exactly the mode of transportation outlined in Numbers. David had pure motives, but he did the right thing in the wrong way. Spiritual leadership under Saul had been so lax that no one remembered how the Ark was to be moved.

The Church has to remember today that the end (moving the Ark) doesn’t justify the means (using a cart) in God’s sight.

HE ASKED THE RIGHT QUESTIONS OF THE WRONG PERSON

We didn’t cover this in detail in our previous lesson; but in 2 Samuel 5, we read that when David became king, he had some small battles with the Philistines. We read in verse 19 that before David went out to battle, he inquired of the Lord for direction. He did the same thing on another occasion in verse 23. David was demonstrating great sensitivity to the Lord in his early days as king, seeking His guidance in military affairs.

But when it came time to move the Ark, David didn’t inquire of the Lord. Instead, we read in the parallel passage describing these events, 1 Chronicles 13, that David “consulted with the captains of thousands and hundreds, and with every leader. And David said to all the assembly of Israel ‘… let us bring the Ark of our God back to us …’” (verses 1-3). When it was time to fight, David inquired of God. But when it was time to move the Ark, he consulted with men. Apparently, together they decided that the right way to do this was to take a new cart and set the Ark on it and pull it up to Jerusalem. This is most certainly not the method described in Numbers.

Guess where they got the idea for how to move the Ark. From the Philistines! In 1 Samuel 6 we are told that when the Philistines go ready to return the Ark back to Israel, the priests and diviners of Dagon told the leaders to build a new cart on which to transport the Ark (verse 7). Some who had seen how the Philistines moved the Ark probably suggested a comparable idea to David, and that is what they did. David made his first serious mistakes as king: doing the work of God but following the ways of the world!

David wanted to do the right thing, but he did it in the wrong way. And he asked the right questions, but of the wrong people. And this ended up creating a significant amount of trouble to which David did not respond in a godly or kingly fashion.

Dr. David Jeremiah

WaterbirdLEVEL 93

Good Evening Dear Ones….
Mine was busy typing….
There is a John Bunyan Facebook Group
That invited me to put up Part 2 of the Pilgrim’s Progress…
So I have been busy organizing that the past 2-3 days….
Getting things together to put up the first post which I did this evening….
I am amazed and excited as they have quite the little group of people….
And here I thought it was all over with….
I guess my little man Bunyan still lives on and on…..

May all of you have a Blessed Rest…
And a Holy Spirit filled day tomorrow….
Hugs and Blessings….
~~waterbird~~

MORNING ON THE GLOBE
THE PILGRIM’S PROGRESS
NOVEMBER 16th, 2017

WHEN THE PRESSURE IS ON

Then they that feared the Lord spake often one to another: and the Lord hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the Lord, and that thought upon his name. - Malachi 3:16

Have you ever noticed that those who have the most exciting, faith-inspiring testimonies are those who've been under pressure at some time in their lives? They're the people who stayed faithful when the pressure was on. They're the people who believed God's promises of prosperity in the midst of desperate financial situations or trusted God for healing in the face of a terminal disease.

My friend, when you get into a hard spot, that's not the time to back out on God and begin to say, "Well, God, why did You let this happen to me?" It's not the time to step back and reevaluate His faithfulness.

What I'm saying to you is this: When tough times keep dragging on and the situations around you seem to refuse to get in line with the promises of God, don't reevaluate God! He's not missing it, and He's not failing.

If you're going to re-evaluate anything, re-evaluate yourself! Look and see where you may have failed. If you still can't find out what the problem is, just say, "God, I don't know what's wrong here, and I'm asking You to show me. But one thing I know, the problem's not with You, and I continue to be moved by Your Word and not by circumstances." Then, when He reveals something to you, be quick to make changes.

I want to encourage you to stand firm and to keep honoring God with your words. The Lord is listening to you when the pressure is on. What is He going to hear?

SCRIPTURE READING: Psalm 62

By Gloria Copeland

WaterbirdLEVEL 93

Thought I would share this WONDERFUL message with you…
May you be Blessed with your listen…
Hugs and Many Blessings… ~~waterbird~~

WaterbirdLEVEL 93

“‘How do you know me?’ Nathanael asked. Jesus answered, ‘I saw you while you were still under the fig tree before Philip called you.’ John 1: 48

Dear Blessed Lord……
Many of us see ourselves as ordinary … nothing special…. But You know what You
Have created in each of us… and the gifts You have given to each and every one of us.
Let us grow and mold ourselves in producing those gifts that will allow You to use them in ways that will delight Your heart… We pray in Your name Jesus… Amen and Amen….

Good Morning Dear Ones….
Pray all of you have had a Peace filled rest….
May you have a Blessed Day my friends …
Showing your Light and Love to others….
Much love I send to you ~~waterbird~~

WaterbirdLEVEL 93

TODAY’S TURNING POINT
NOVEMBER 16th, 2017
DR. DAVID JEREMIAH

MERCY FOR THE MERCIFUL

Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy.
Matthew 5:7

American Southerners have grown up hearing the phrase, “Lord, have mercy!” It’s an expression of amazement or bewilderment in a perilous circumstance. “Lord, we need your help here. Lord, have mercy!” It is not surprising that the expression was common in the Bible Belt as it occurs often in the four Gospels. Two blind men call out to Jesus for mercy in Matthew 20:30-31; a Canaanite woman cries out for mercy in Matthew 15:22; blind Bartimaeus begs for mercy in Mark 10:46-47. The phrase is also the core of one of the most famous liturgical prayers in both the Western and Eastern Church, the Kyrie eleison: “Lord, have mercy; Christ, have mercy.”

What is mercy? It is compassion and help directed toward the helpless or toward one who is otherwise not deserving of help, but rather of judgment. God has obviously had mercy on undeserving sinners by sending His Son to save us from our sins. But Jesus says something unique about mercy related to people: Those who extend mercy will receive mercy. It’s another application of Galatians 6:7: We reap what we sow in life.

Don’t fail to extend mercy today wherever you can. Mercy is God-work. It reveals the kindness of God to a needy world.

A SINGLE THOUGHT ….

He that has no charity deserves no mercy.
English Proverb

WaterbirdLEVEL 93

A LIFE BEYOND AMAZING …
NOVEMBER 16th, 2017

COMPASSION IS NOT ACADEMIC

Compassion is not academic, but the reason Jesus told the story of the Good Samaritan arose out of an academic question asked by a lawyer – a question designed to test Jesus. The lawyer asked, “teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?” (verse 25) This lawyer was not like modern lawyers; he was a man who was an expert in the Mosaic Law. He was more like an ancient theologian than a modern lawyer; he was a professional student of the Old Testament.

Jesus answered with a question of His own: What does the Law say? And the lawyer answered correctly: Love God and love your neighbor. And Jesus commended his answer. But then the lawyer asked the question that prompted Jesus to tell a story. The lawyer asked (still wanting to catch Jesus in a theological compromise), “and who is my neighbor?” (verse 29) This gave away his heart. He knew what the Law said, but he didn’t live it out in his life. If he was used to loving his neighbor, he would know who his neighbor was. Jesus turned the tables on him by telling a story.

Jesus didn’t allow the lawyer to turn “neighbor” into an academic definition about Jew versus Gentile or some other set of distinctions. That’s because compassion isn’t an academic debate. Compassion is an act of the heart. The definition of “neighbor” Jesus was about to unveil would be unlike anything this legal scholar and his friends had ever considered: As one of my seminary professors, Haddon Robinson, once put it, My neighbor is a person with a need I can meet.

Obviously, Jesus didn’t say those words. Instead, He led the lawyer, and all those listening, down the path of self-discovery. He wanted them to define neighbor, not define it for them. And He wants us to make the same discovery. We all have a bit of the academic lawyer in us, by which we treat the Bible and Theology as arms-length subjects instead of heartfelt convictions. When it comes to compassion, Jesus wants us to be the ones who demonstrate it in His name.

Dr. David Jeremiah

WaterbirdLEVEL 93

See i put up the wrong post ^^^^ at the wrong time ... Sorry about that

CAPTURED BY GRACE
NOVEMBER 16th 2017

THE GRACE OF GOD PROVIDES PERSPECTIVE (2 Corinthians 4: 17-18)

Yes, our afflictions hurt when we are going through them. But when we put them in proper perspective, they look different. Paul calls our afflictions “light” and “for a moment” compared to eternity. We are not to look “at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen” because they are eternal.

God doesn’t instantly remove our pain because He wants us to keep earth and heaven in proper perspective. Life on this earth is not the real thing, heaven is. If we sail through this fallen world experiencing no pain, we’ll get the idea that this is not such a bad place. Instead, we should be longing for heaven.

Here are four ways our afflictions help us maintain proper perspective in life:

1. Afflictions help us anticipate glory.
Our affliction is light but our glory to come is heavy. If we can endure our light afflictions for a while, we’ll enjoy glory forever.

2. Light things help us appreciate heavy things.
When we endure troubles and afflictions in this life, they make us appreciate the peace to come.

3. Temporary things help us appropriate eternal things.
When we go through hard times in this life, we learn to appropriate heavenly resources. We reach forward and grasp the grace that God has available for us which we never would do if we suffered no affliction.

4. Outward pain helps us accelerate inward progress.

As we go through trouble in this life, and especially as we grow older, our physical clay pot begins to wear down. It’s a fact of life! But as that happens, we see our inner man making great strides in growth and maturity. We should work as hard as we can to maintain physical fitness so we can continue to serve the Lord. But the truth is, we’re on a downhill slide until our body finally stops functioning. But the weaker we get physically, the stronger we get spiritually. If we build up the inner man as we get older, we’ll be far more able to mange the troubles that come with aging. There are limits to what we can do physically in this world, but there are no limits to what we can do spiritually.

Dr. David Jeremiah

WaterbirdLEVEL 93

NOVEMBER 16th, 2017

THE DISASTER IN BRINGING BACK THE ARK

We pick up the story of the moving of the Ark in 2 Samuel 6:6; “Uzzah put out his hand to the Ark of God and took hold of it, for the oxen stumbled.” For touching the Ark, the anger of the Lord was kindled against Uzzah; and he was struck dead.

Some will say this was unreasonable of God – that Uzzah was an innocent man just trying to keep the Ark from falling off the cart. But the point is this: When people who should know better do things that are wrong, innocent people always get hurt. Uzzah died as a result of the people of God doing God’s work with the world’s methods.

THE DELAY IN BRINGING BACK THE ARK

David was emotionally confused by what happened to Uzzah – and he expressed his anger to the Lord (2 Samuel 6: 89-9). One minute he was rejoicing at the thought of bringing back the Ark, and the next he was angrily calling off the whole thing: “So David would not move the Ark of the LORD with him into the city of David” (verse 10). David took the Ark into the house of Obed – Edom, a Gittite who livied along the road to Jerusalem, where it remained for three months while David tried to sort things out. He was afraid of the Ark after seeing Uzzah die. He didn’t know what he was dealing with.

David went from joy to fear because of disobedience to God. When we are walking in obedience, things go well. When we’re walking in disobedience, things become disruptive and unpleasant in due course. We begin to worry and get confused, which is what happened to David.

Dr. David Jeremiah

WaterbirdLEVEL 93

Good Evening Dear Ones….
Spent mine keeping busy…
Typing… Spending time doing Laundy…
Watering in the greenhouse….
Making Native Indian Bannock….
And doing some knitting….

May all of you have a Blessed Rest…
And a Day tomorrow being showered in God’s Blessings…
Hugs and Blessings….
~~waterbird~~

MORNING ON THE GLOBE
THE PILGRIM’S PROGRESS
NOVEMBER 17th, 2017

PICK UP YOUR SWORD

But thou, O man of God...fight the good fight of faith. - 1 Timothy 6:11-12

When you're up against the wall, don't start begging God to break through it for you. That's not the way He works. He'll give you the plan. He'll give you the power. And He'll guarantee the victory. But your hand, not His own, is the instrument He's going to use to get the job done. You're going to have to stretch forth your hand by speaking and acting on the Word, even when circumstances are against you.

God gave me a striking revelation of that over 20 years ago through a vision He gave me in Beaumont, Texas. I was preparing to minister in a service there, spending some time in prayer, when suddenly I saw myself standing in the pulpit of the church. Looking up, I saw a dragon--a horrible, ugly thing--poke his head through the front door of the church.

As he came into the church, his body expanded like a balloon, filling the whole room. He was snorting fire and smoke. When, in the vision, he turned it on me, he almost burned my clothes!

As I fell back onto the floor, I saw Jesus standing nearby with a sword in His hand. "Why doesn't He do something about this?" I thought. "Can't He see I'm hurting?"

But He didn't move. He just stood by with a frown on His face. I could tell He was really put out with me. The Bible says God was not pleased with those who were overthrown in the wilderness (1 Cor. 10:5). And He wasn't pleased with me either as I lay there on my back in defeat.

Then Jesus held out the sword to me and pointed at the dragon. The look on His face said, "Get up!"

I reached up to catch hold of the sword, and an instant before I touched it, Jesus turned it loose.

The sword stayed in mid air of its own accord. I grabbed it and began to pull myself up. Not only did it hold firm, but it began to lift me!

I stood and touched the dragon's chin with my sword and it split him from one end to the other. It laid him open right before my eyes. In amazement, I looked down at the sword. "Why haven't I used this before?" I thought.

Don't wait for God to slay the dragon in your life. You have the sword of the Spirit, the all-powerful Word of the living God, at your fingertips. Pick it up and use it today!

SCRIPTURE READING: Joshua 11:5-23

By Kenneth Copeland

WaterbirdLEVEL 93

“Six days do your work, but on the seventh day do not work, so that your ox and your donkey may rest, and so that the slave born in your household and the foreigner living among you may be refreshed.” Exodus 23:13

Dear Blessed Lord…

Break us of the need to be busy pursuing a sense of self-worth. Make us secure in who You are and who You’ve made us to be, and as a result, teach us all what it means to follow your laws and truly rest. Help us to open our eyes and catch our breaths …
In Jesus’ Name we pray …. Amen and Amen …..

Good Morning Dear Ones….
Have a Blessed Day Everyone …in all you do….
~~waterbird~~

WaterbirdLEVEL 93

TODAY’S TURNING POINT
NOVEMBER 17th, 2017
DR. DAVID JEREMIAH

THE VIRUS OF SIN

Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.
Matthew 5:8

Everyone remembers the epidemic of the Ebola virus in West Africa from 2013 to 2016. Some of the most memorable images are of the medical workers dressed in their protective gear from head to toe. They were so tightly sealed inside their suits that they could only work for short periods of time because of the stifling heat. But when fighting a virus like Ebola, good intentions are not enough. You can’t want to protect yourself; you have to protect yourself. It’s a matter of life and death.

Which is more powerful—a deadly virus or sin? Since deadly viruses are usually contained and sin is still rampant, it looks like sin is more powerful. So how much more careful should we be to avoid infection? Yes, Christ has delivered us from the penalty of sin, but He also made provision for protection from the power of sin. Yet resisting the power of sin is a daily battle. Jesus didn’t commend those who hunger for holiness; He commended those who are holy—who willingly choose a life of purity. Those are the ones who will ultimately see God (Psalm 51:7; Isaiah 6:5; Revelation 22:4)

Live your life clothed with the armor of God (Ephesians 6:10-18)—your first line of defense against the power of sin.

A SINGLE THOUGHT ….

There is no holiness without warfare.
J. C. Ryle

WaterbirdLEVEL 93

CAPTURED BY GRACE
NOVEMBER 17th 2017

THE GRACE OF GOD PROMOTE PERSEVERANCE (2 Corinthians 4: 8-9)

Paul talks about perseverance in verses 8-9 when he says, “We are hard-pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed.” We hang on through our troubles and learn to persevere.

There were four kinds of trouble Paul experienced, and four evidences that he persevered through each one:

1. Paul was pressured, but never defeated
The word “pressured” means to be crushed; so Paul says, “I’m being crushed, but I’m not crushed.” He’s feeling the pressure, but he’s not giving into it. He was put in prison, but wrote to the Philippians that the Gospel was flourishing. The more they squeezed Paul, the more good things came out of him.

2. Paul was perplexed, but never despairing
Being a Christian doesn’t mean we always know the answers. Paul was perplexed at times, but he never fell into despair. If he didn’t know what to do, or know an answer, he turned to God. Prayer is the answer to despair. You don’t have to know everything – you just have to know the One who does.

3. Paul was persecuted, but never deserted
The world “persecuted” means to be pursued or chased. Paul was constantly being pursued by his enemies, but he was never forsaken by God. On occasion he had friends who deserted him, but he knew the LORD never would.

4. Paul was pounded, but never destroyed
Literally, this last one means that Paul was knocked down, but he was never knocked out. Every Christian is going to get knocked down on occasion – but that’s not a problem because we have One who will pick us up. I think it was A.B. Simpson who said, “The Christian life is simple. It’s falling down and getting up, falling down and getting up, falling down and getting up, all the way to heaven.” That was true for Paul, and it should be true for us as well.

Dr. David Jeremiah

TDCLEVEL 102

Reply by TDCSNAP-STAR +9

TDCLEVEL 102

Reply by TDCSNAP-STAR +9

I give thanks for having you as my sweetest friend, Jackie!! I pray with you every day and am amazed how The Lord, in His Good Timing, blesses our lives so richly every day!! To God Be The Glory!!!

WaterbirdLEVEL 93

Hello My Sweet Sheri....
Pray the Lord has been Blessing you Richly in all that you do....
Have a Blessed Day Today Dear Ones....
May your Blessings Be Abundant....
Showering you in Peace and Love....

WaterbirdLEVEL 93

Going to go for a Hike.....
Haven't done that in awhile....
But the snow has melted enough....
And it's a Bluebird day out there....
i think it will be OK....
can get a big bag of Fresh Air....
and spend time talkin to the LORD....
Going to put the posts up here ...
so your all taken care of....

A LIFE BEYOND AMAZING …
NOVEMBER 17th, 2017

COMPASSION IS NOT ABSTRACT

Jesus began His story with a subject with whom it was easy to identify: a man traveling from Jerusalem to Jericho who was attacked by thieves who robbed him, wounded him, and left him for dead (verse 30). This was not an abstract image; it was commonplace. The road connecting Jerusalem and Jericho was a favorite haunt for thieves – seventeen miles of narrow, twisting road in the Judean wilderness. But Jerusalem and Jericho were both busy cities, so there was constant traffic on the road. Jesus’ listeners knew the situation well; they might have wondered if Jesus’ story was true it was so realistic.

When the lawyer asked, “Who is my neighbor?” Jesus painted a picture of a beaten, wounded, robbed, innocent traveler. The question then became, “Is this man my neighbor or not?” Jesus was about to demonstrate why the lawyer might be inclined to answer, “No” – and why he would be wrong.

COMPASSION IS NOT AFRAID

In Jesus’ story, and innocent Jewish man is lying beaten and wounded by the side of the road. So Jesus had a priest come down the road – someone the lawyer could identify with as a member of the upper levels of Jewish society. And the priest passed right by the man on the other side of the road. We don’t know for sure, but it’s possible this priest was heading from Jericho to Jerusalem to serve his allocated two weeks of service in the temple. In other words, he was going to perform religious duty and couldn’t be distracted by a dying man.

The priest was likely afraid of what stopping might mean: delay, inconvenience, financial cost, and, most of all, ceremonial uncleanness if he touched a dead person. His uncleanness would have lasted seven days and he would not be able to serve in the temple. The cost was too great. He was afraid helping this wounded man would negate the one chance he had that year to serve in the temple in Jerusalem. Religion took precedence over a needy person.

Charles Swindoll tells a story of some seminary students who were studying this same passage from Luke in a Greek class/ A few of the students decided to do a test. They dressed one of their gourp in torn, “bloody” clothing and had him lay outside one of the seminary buildings as if he’d been attacked. It was a test; they wanted to see if any of the other students would stop to help him. And none did. Students knew the Greek text of the Good Samaritan story but had no idea how to apply it. Religion took precedence over a “needy” person.

First John 3” 17-18 says that people who have the ability to help others but fail to do so lack the love of God.

Dr. David Jeremiah

WaterbirdLEVEL 93

NOVEMBER 17th, 2017

THE DELIGHT IN BRINGING BACK THE ARK

Over the three months the Ark was in the house of Obed-Edom, David learned how to do the will of God regarding transporting the Ark. The Ark had brought great blessings to the house of Obed-Edom, so David was encouraged to try again. We read in 1 Chronicles 15:2 that David learned that only the Levites could carry the Ark. So the Levites sanctified themselves and prepared to move the Ark with the poles resting on their shoulders “as Moses had commanded according to the word of the LORD” “as Moses had commanded according to the word of the LORD” (verses 14-15). David was once again enjoying the fellowship that springs from obedience.

Anyone who has ever walked in fellowship with God and then fallen away from that fellowship is entirely miserable – more miserable than someone who has never known the Lord. That happened to me once as a young person. I set aside the things of the Lord and went my own way. It was not a happy time in my life, and I’ve never done it again. A non-Christian doesn’t know what he is missing, but a Christian who disobeys the Lord does. And when that person repents of his rebellion and enters back into the joy of the Lord, there is joy unrestrained. And that’s what happened to David. He had figured out what the original problem was with the Ark, and once he had it right, his joy knew no bounds.

Second Samuel 6: 14-15 says David “danced before the LORD with all his might … with shouting and with the sound of the trumpet.” David could hardly believe that the presence of God was returning to the midst of the people of God. But not everyone was happy. Michal, David’s wife, thought David was acting in a manner bot befitting of a king, and “she despised him in her heart” (1 Chronicles 15:29).

Poor David! He is having the best day of his life, dancing and shouting before the Lord, and he can’t wait to get home and tell Michal all about this great day, just knowing she’s going to be as excited as he is. But instead of being thrilled for David, Michal is filled with loathing and criticism of the king who was celebrating in public” as one of the base fellows” (2 Samuel 6:20).

I have read the opinions of writers on this time in David’s life – I don’t know if they are correct in what they say – that David’s trouble with Bathsheba may have had its foots right here in this incident with Michal. That is, a husband who is excited about the things of God comes home to a wife who is not. That is not to excuse David’s ultimate sin with Bathsheba by any means. It is simply to suggest that when there is a disconnect between spouses on spiritual matters, it can often lead to problems that neither would have anticipated.

I have been so blessed by God to have a wife who rejoices with me in every spiritual victory and shares my pain in spiritual defeats. She is as fully committed to the things of God as I am and celebrates every joy fully with me. She is the greatest earthly source of blessing in my spiritual life.

Dr. David Jeremiah

WaterbirdLEVEL 93

Good Evening Dear Ones….
Pray you had a Blessed day …
Went for Hike this afternoon….
Wow… what a BEAUTIFUL sunny day….
Realized how much the earth has shifted on its axis….
Where the sun would be on the winter solstice… Dec 21-22
It is there now….. that is 6 weeks off !!!….
I have been keeping track of this for the past 12 years…
Spirit led me to do that when I first moved to Clinton and
Gathered the rocks to set up my medicine wheel on the top of the hill….
Could be another reason for all of the horrific Storms and Hurricanes we have been having….

May all of you have a Blessed Night …
Have a Splendid Sabbath Saturday and Sunday everyone….
Hugs and Blessings….
~~waterbird~~

MORNING ON THE GLOBE
THE PILGRIM’S PROGRESS
NOVEMBER 18th, 2017

THE POWER TO CREATE

Therefore be imitators of God--copy Him and follow His example--as well-beloved children . - Ephesians 5:1

Creating new things, changing old things. Because you and I are made in the image of God that's something we're always trying to do. But if we're to be successful at it, we need to learn a lesson about it from the Creator Himself, our very own heavenly Father.

You know, He didn't just come upon creation by accident and say, "Well, what do you know! There's light!" No, before He began to make His universe, He first had a desired result (an inner idea, or image, of what He wanted to create) and then said, "Light be!" and light was.

If we're going to imitate Him, we're going to have to put the principle of the inner image to work too.

"But, Brother Copeland," you say, "that was God. Surely you don't expect me to try to act like God." I most certainly do. Ephesians 5:1 says to!

Let me warn you about something though. Don't waste your time sitting around trying to dream up a positive inner image all on your own. That's nothing more than positive thinking, and while it's better than negative thinking (or not thinking at all), it will eventually fall flat.

If you're a born-again child of Almighty God, God has given you the principle and the power to make permanent changes in your life and in your circumstances.

Think again about creation. God wanted light. So He said, "Let there be light." The words He spoke were directly related to His inner image. He used His Words to get that image from the inside to the outside.

What you need to use as the basis for your inner image and for the words you speak is the Word of God. The Word has supernatural power. And if you fill that Word with faith and speak it out, it will work for you to change your life and circumstances as surely as it did for your Father.

Find out what real creativity is all about. Dig into the Word of God and start rebuilding your world today.

SCRIPTURE READING: 2 Corinthians 4:6-13

By Kenneth Copeland

WaterbirdLEVEL 93

WaterbirdLEVEL 93

THE PILGRIM’S PROGRESS
A Saturday Message
Dr. Charles Stanley
NOVEMBER 18th, 2017

THANKSGIVING EVERYDAY ….

What comes to mind when you think about Thanksgiving Day?

For many of us, it would probably be turkey. After all, it’s the centerpiece of our traditional celebration. As family and friends gather around the table, we generally offer a sincere prayer of gratitude to God for all His blessings before enjoying the food and fellowship. But what comes after dessert? For some people, it’s a football game. Others start planning for Christmas shopping the next day. Although Thanksgiving always ends, our expressions of gratitude to God should continue throughout our daily lives.

GRATITUDE TO GOD NOT ONLY HONORS HIM, BUT IT IS GOOD FOR US Psalms 92:1

In the Old Testament, He used the sacrificial system to teach His people to be grateful. When He established the Hebrews as His nation, He gave them very specific and detailed instructions concerning His laws and sacrifices so they’d know how He wanted them to live. Through these ordinances, He taught them three important truths: (1) God is holy, (2) man is sinful, and (3) obedience is essential.

Because Jesus was the final sacrifice, we are no longer required to offer animal sacrifices. However, the principles the Lord taught through the sacrificial system are still true and applicable for us today. One of the offerings He prescribed was called a sacrifice of thanksgiving, and it was Should we do less than the Hebrews—giving thanks to God every morning and evening in recognition of Him as the source of everything we have? One of His most precious provisions is His written Word, which instructs us and reveals everything we need to know about the Lord. Our gratitude for it can be gauged by our attention to it. If we’re truly thankful for His Word, we’ll diligently read it each day.

HOW CAN WE FOLLOW THE EXAMPLE TAUGHT BY THE DAILY SACRIFICE OF THANKSGIVING?

We can begin by taking note of simple blessings that God provides each day. Having a car to drive, receiving income from employment, or having a family and a home in which to live are all reasons to be thankful. So often we take these things for granted, but they are all provided for us by our loving heavenly Father.

HAVING A GRATEFUL HEART KEEPS OUR MINDS FOCUSED ON THE LORD.

The daily thanksgiving sacrifice was a continual reminder to the Hebrews that their God provided for all their needs. Likewise, each morning is an opportunity to thank the Lord for a good night’s sleep. Even if we tossed and turned all night, we can still be grateful that He’s given us another day.

GRATITUDE HONORS GOD - Psalms 50:23.

When we acknowledge the Lord as the source of all our blessings, we are exalting Him by declaring our dependence upon Him. Who hasn’t breathed a prayer of thanks after narrowly escaping a car accident? Appreciation helps us realize that we cannot make it through life without God’s help.

THANKFULNESS IS EXPRESSED IN A VARIETY OF WAYS.

Sometimes we gather in worship services to fellowship together and sing praises to God. But we can also worship the Lord when we’re alone by letting everyday activities—no matter how simple—become reasons to thank Him. Another way to acknowledge the Lord as our provider and express our gratitude is to give Him the first part of our income.

A SPIRIT OF THANKSGIVING IS THE RESULT OF REMEMBERING ALL GOD HAS DONE FOR US.

The Scripture describes many blessings and privileges, which result from our salvation and should invoke gratitude in hearts.

* God chose us before the foundation of the world.
* We are indwelt and sealed by the Holy Spirit. We are eternally secure.
* We have been given gifts of the Spirit. We have an intimate relationship with the Lord.
* We have the peace of God in our hearts.
* The Lord loves us unconditionally.
* We’re never distant from the presence of God.
* The Lord provides for our needs.
* We have His divine protection each day.
* We have the promise of a bodily resurrection.
* We have the blessing of God’s atonement through Christ and total forgiveness of our sins.
* We have an eternal home in heaven and the promise of the resurrection.
* We’ve been given the Word of God, the source of all knowledge and understanding

TRUE, HEARTFELT, DAILY THANKSGIVING HAS A POWERFUL IMPACT ON OUR LIVES.

It results in a changed mindset and a desire to obey the Lord. Gratitude . . .

* Keeps us continually aware that we are walking in God’s presence.
* This contributes to a godly lifestyle.
* Motivates us to look for the Lord’s purposes in everything in our lives.
* Even if we don’t understand what He’s doing, thanking Him lifts the burden.
* Helps us bring our will into submission to His when we suffer pain or loss.
* By thanking Him in the midst of our pain, we acknowledge His loving sovereignty.
* Continually reminds us that He is our God and motivates us to tell others about Him.
* Reminds us of our continuing dependence on Him.
* Helps us trust the Lord.
* Because He alone knows what’s best, we can thank Him even if we don’t understand why something’s happening.
* God honors our thanksgiving the most when we feel like we have the least reason for gratitude.
* Is essential for rejoicing in the midst of suffering.
* When the bottom drops out of our lives and everything looks dark, songs of praise and thanksgiving restore our hope, assuring us that God is the Light in our darkness.
* Removes anxiety. Gratitude can drive out worry.
* Keeps our focus on the Lord.
* The situation may not change, but our attitude will.
* Energizes us physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually

ASK YOURSELF ….

How can you make gratitude a daily practice in your life?

What effect does thankfulness have on your thoughts, attitudes, words, and actions?

What keeps you from thanking God in the midst of hardship or pain? What can you do to increase your trust in Him so gratitude will be your first response?

Dr. Charles Stanley

WaterbirdLEVEL 93

THE PILGRIM’S PROGRESS
TODAY’S BIBLE STUDY
NOVEMBER 18th, 2017

INTERCESSION – THE ACT OF MERCY AND COMPASSION – Part 1

Foundation Scriptures: Isaiah 59: 16-21
Matthew 6: 9-18
Luke 11: 1-13
Hebrews 4: 15-16

1. Intercession is twofold
A. To approach a merciful God with a plea or petition for mercy. Mercy never desires to bring down punishment. Exodus 33:18. 34:6; Numbers 14: 17-21; Hebrews 4: 15-16; Ezekiel 22:30.
B. To approach the enemy (never people) in behalf of another. Jesus has done this (Isaiah 59:16-21) and has told us to do this (Ephesians 6: 10-18; James 1; 2 Corinthians 10)

2. Intercession – key to revelation to pull down strongholds. John 8: 31-32.
A. Paul wrote letters based upon what he received while in intercession.
1. Romans 1: 8-9
2. First Corinthians 1:4, 5:1-4
3. Galatians 1:11-12, 4:19
4. Ephesians 1:16, 3:1-4, 14-21
5. Philippians 1: 3-11
6. Colossians 1:3, 9, 2: 1-5 (refer to Ephesians 6:10)
7. First Thessalonians 1:2, 3:8-10, 5:14-23; 8 Thessalonians 1:3, 11, 2:13
8. Second Timothy 1:3
9. Philemon 1:4

3. Intercession goes before the moving of God’s Spirit (Isaiah 59: 16-21)

Have a Blessed Day Dear Ones….

TDCLEVEL 102

Reply by TDCSNAP-STAR +9

nightsongsLEVEL 91

Reply by nightsongsGOLD

hello dear Ones,
I recorded A Song For Sunday
and would like to share it with you.
It is titled "Thank You Lord For Your Blessings"
http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/r/b074c4c07
I pray it will bless you as you
listen to it and read the devotion.
hugsss and blessings
pd

WaterbirdLEVEL 93

Hello My Beloved Friends ….
Here is a Song for your Sunday ….
May you Be Blessed with your listen ….
Hugs and Blessings
~~waterbird~~

Another Valley Left Behind …

http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/watchandlisten/play/b39085467

WaterbirdLEVEL 93

Good Evening Pastor David....
Seems we are on the same wave length....
A surprise to see you here ....
Looking forward to my listen of your message and song...
Pray you have had Blessed Day....
And May your day be filled with God's Blessings tomorrow....

Hello My Sheri....
Thank you so much for your LOVELY Banner you have shared with us....
It is always wonderful to read your Thoughts and inspirations....
Pray you have a Blessed and Holy Spirit filled day tomorrow...

Will be back in awhile....
Many Blessings...
~~waterbird~~

WaterbirdLEVEL 93

May all of you have a Peace Filled Night …
And a Splendidly Blessed Sunday everyone….
Hugs and Blessings….
~~waterbird~~

MORNING ON THE GLOBE
THE PILGRIM’S PROGRESS
NOVEMBER 19th, 2017

DO YOU KNOW WHAT TO ASK FOR?

And Jesus answered and said unto him, What wilt thou that I should do unto thee? The blind man said unto him, Lord, that I might receive my sight. - Mark 10:51

All of us know what it's like to go round in circles. To pray our way through one financial disaster only to be met by another. To receive healing for one illness just in time to be knocked off our feet by the next.

Oh, we try. We pray. We exercise our faith. But we keep getting caught in the same old problems over and over again. Why? Because all too often, we don't actually know what it is we need to be praying for.

I can almost hear your reaction. "Believe me, Brother Copeland, that's not my problem. I know what I need. It's getting that need met that's got me running in circles."

That's what most other folks think too. So they spend all their time working on getting. They waste their energy praying for things they don't really need and asking for things they don't really want. Then they wind up going nowhere fast.

Look with me at Mark 10, and I think you'll see what I mean. Blind Bartimaeus sat by the roadside begging when Jesus passed by. "And when he heard that it was Jesus of Nazareth, he began to cry out, and say, Jesus, thou son of David, have mercy on me.... And he, casting away his garment, rose, and came to Jesus. And Jesus answered and said unto him, What wilt thou that I should do unto thee? The blind man said unto him, Lord, that I might receive my sight. And Jesus said unto him, Go thy way; thy faith hath made thee whole. And immediately he received his sight, and followed Jesus in the way" (verses 47,50-52).

Now I want you to think about something for a moment. In the light of what the Scriptures tell us, how many needs did Bartimaeus have? Did he have just one? No! He wasn't simply a blind man, he was a beggar. He probably had more problems than you could shake a stick at, and all those problems would have seemed like legitimate needs to Bartimaeus. But it was sight he needed. If he could obtain his sight, all the rest would fall into line.

He knew that. So, when Jesus said, "Bartimaeus, what do you want Me to do for you?" he knew exactly what to ask for and he got it.

Jesus is just as available to you today as He was to Bartimaeus. He's just as willing to meet your need. The question is, do you really know what to ask for?

Think about that. Pray about it. Let the Lord Jesus open your eyes and show you what you really need. If you do that, your prayers will take on a whole new power. Instead of hitting around at the edges of your problems, they'll go straight to the heart--and solve them. And you won't have to waste your life running in circles anymore.

SCRIPTURE READING: Mark 10:46-52

By Kenneth Copeland

TDCLEVEL 102

Reply by TDCSNAP-STAR +9

WaterbirdLEVEL 93

Good Morning My Dear Sheri....
Thank you so much for Sharing Your LOVELY Banner....
Pray you have a day that is overflowing with God's Blessings....

THE PILGRIM’S PROGRESS “A Safe Place”
SOMETHING TO PONDER UPON
NOVEMBER 19th, 2017

ACTS 17

Now when they had passed through Amphipolis and Apollonia, they came to Thessalonica, where was a synagogue of the Jews:

2 And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures,

3 Opening and alleging, that Christ must needs have suffered, and risen again from the dead; and that this Jesus, whom I preach unto you, is Christ.

4 And some of them believed, and consorted with Paul and Silas; and of the devout Greeks a great multitude, and of the chief women not a few.

5 But the Jews which believed not, moved with envy, took unto them certain lewd fellows of the baser sort, and gathered a company, and set all the city on an uproar, and assaulted the house of Jason, and sought to bring them out to the people.

6 And when they found them not, they drew Jason and certain brethren unto the rulers of the city, crying, These that have turned the world upside down are come hither also;

7 Whom Jason hath received: and these all do contrary to the decrees of Caesar, saying that there is another king, one Jesus.

8 And they troubled the people and the rulers of the city, when they heard these things.

9 And when they had taken security of Jason, and of the other, they let them go.

10 And the brethren immediately sent away Paul and Silas by night unto Berea: who coming thither went into the synagogue of the Jews.

11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

12 Therefore many of them believed; also of honourable women which were Greeks, and of men, not a few.

13 But when the Jews of Thessalonica had knowledge that the word of God was preached of Paul at Berea, they came thither also, and stirred up the people.

14 And then immediately the brethren sent away Paul to go as it were to the sea: but Silas and Timotheus abode there still.

15 And they that conducted Paul brought him unto Athens: and receiving a commandment unto Silas and Timotheus for to come to him with all speed, they departed.

16 Now while Paul waited for them at Athens, his spirit was stirred in him, when he saw the city wholly given to idolatry.

17 Therefore disputed he in the synagogue with the Jews, and with the devout persons, and in the market daily with them that met with him.

18 Then certain philosophers of the Epicureans, and of the Stoicks, encountered him. And some said, What will this babbler say? other some, He seemeth to be a setter forth of strange gods: because he preached unto them Jesus, and the resurrection.

19 And they took him, and brought him unto Areopagus, saying, May we know what this new doctrine, whereof thou speakest, is?

20 For thou bringest certain strange things to our ears: we would know therefore what these things mean.

21 (For all the Athenians and strangers which were there spent their time in nothing else, but either to tell, or to hear some new thing.)

22 Then Paul stood in the midst of Mars' hill, and said, Ye men of Athens, I perceive that in all things ye are too superstitious.

23 For as I passed by, and beheld your devotions, I found an altar with this inscription, TO THE UNKNOWN GOD. Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, him declare I unto you.

24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;

25 Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;

26 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;

27 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:

28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.

29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.

30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

31 Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

32 And when they heard of the resurrection of the dead, some mocked: and others said, We will hear thee again of this matter.

33 So Paul departed from among them.

34 Howbeit certain men clave unto him, and believed: among the which was Dionysius the Areopagite, and a woman named Damaris, and others with them.

WaterbirdLEVEL 93

A PERSPECTIVE OF ACTS 17

How interesting it is to read of the varying receptivity of those to whom Paul preached to as he journeyed in Madedonia and Achaia, what is now modern Greece. In Thessalonica, after initial success, the persecution from unbelieving Jews grew so intense that Paul and Silas had to flee for their lives under the cover of darkness. At their next stop, in Berea, they found "more noble-minded" Jews who "received the word with great eagerness, examining the Scriptures daily" (17:11). Because of their open hearts, "many believed, along with a number of prominent Greek women and men" (17:12). Note that Luke was no Calvinist. He did not pin the responsibility on God, but on free-willed human beings, for their salvation.

Fleeing persecution in Berea that was instigated by the Thessalonian Jews, Paul boarded a boat for Athens, a seat of idolatry. Luke highlights Paul's interaction with Epicurean and Stoic philosophers there, and knowing something about their different philosophies helps us to appreciate Paul's message to them on the Areopagus.

Epicureans denied any divine activity by the gods, believing that everything occurred by chance, and asserting that man's chief aim is pleasure. Life's goal was to live without any physical pain or mental anxiety, fully enjoying material things, as well as sex, companionship, acceptance and love. In their minds, there was no such thing as life after death.

Stoics were pantheists who believed that everything was governed by an irresistible fate, and that virtue was its own reward, while vice was its own sufficient punishment. Rather than making pleasure their highest goal, they focused more on the virtues of wisdom, bravery, justice and moderation. The perfect person yielded himself without passion to fate, and it is from this philosophical school that we derive our English adjective, stoic, which means "forbearing."

Paul began his sermon to the philosophers by complimenting them for being religious (17:22). We often see people's false religion as a barrier to the gospel, but we should use it, as Paul did, as a bridge to their hearts. Paul didn't castigate the Athenian philosophers for their idolatry, but used their altar "to an unknown god" as a launching point for the gospel (17:23).

Notice that Paul didn't quote any Old Testament scriptures as was his custom when preaching the gospel to Jews. They would have been all but meaningless to his Gentile audience. Rather, he briefly explained some fundamental truths about God's nature and even quoted a Greek poet who wrote that all people are God's offspring (17:28). Paul could have pointed out the technical error of their poet's thinking, as he (Paul) knew that only those who are born again are truly God's offspring. Yet he no doubt agreed that all people have been created by God, and he used the poet's line to help persuade his audience of the folly of idolatry. How could we, as God's offspring, have been created by idols of gold or stone? Why would the superior worship the inferior?

Not only did Paul strive to find points of agreement with his audience, but he displayed respect, humility and tact as he spoke. It was not a condescending sermon. Notice how he identified with his listeners as he used the editorial, "We" instead of "You" in his sentence, "We ought not to think that the Divine Nature is like gold or silver" (17:29).
Paul did not, however, compromise the gospel or make it more appealing in hopes of gaining more converts. He proclaimed Jesus' resurrection, the necessity of repentance and the coming day of judgment (17:30-31). Recognizing the mixed reactions of his audience, Paul did not press for immediate decisions or even share what could be considered a complete gospel. Rather, he gave them just enough information to motivate those whose hearts were receptive to question him later, which they did, and some ultimately believed.

According to what Paul said, God expects all people to seek Him and find Him, because He has revealed Himself to everyone (17:27). If any person, anywhere on the face of the earth sincerely seeks to know God, God will see to it that the person finds Him. Jesus promised, "Seek, and you will find" (Matt. 7:7).

WaterbirdLEVEL 93

Edited (at 9:31 AM) reply by WaterbirdSNAP-STAR

TODAY’S TURNING POINT
NOVEMBER 19th, 2017
DR. DAVID JEREMIAH

TO THE CHURCH THAT SUPPORTS ME

So, when had considered this, he came to the house of Mary, the mother of John whose surname was Mark, where many were gathered together praying.
Acts 12:12

Being “born again” (John 3:1-8) runs parallel to the doctrine of the family of God. Every Christian is born twice: first physically, born into an earthly family; then spiritually, born into the family of God. Ideally, one’s earthly family is also part of the family of God—but this is not always the case.

For the better part of His earthly ministry, Jesus’ family had serious doubts about Him; they thought He was quite out of His mind (Mark 3:21). In that context, Jesus made a telling remark about family: “For whoever does the will of My Father in heaven is My brother and sister and mother” (Matthew 12:50). In other words, the Church is our ultimate family. Peter understood that when, upon his miraculous release from jail, he found the whole Jerusalem church had been gathered in prayer for him. The Church—God’s forever family now on earth—deserves a shout-out from all its members!

Have you made your local church your spiritual family? That means time, involvement, service, giving, praying—everything earthly families do, and more.

A SINGLE THOUGHT ….

The dignity of serving God is second only to the dignity of belonging to His family.
John Blanchard

WaterbirdLEVEL 93

CAPTURED BY GRACE
NOVEMBER 19th 2017

THE GRACE OF GOD PROMOTES PRAISE - (2 Corinthians 4:7, 10; 12:9)

Twice in 2 Corinthians 4 and once in 2 Corinthians 12, Paul uses the little word “that,” which introduces a purpose clause. That means there are three purpose clauses in the three statements introduced by “that” in these passages. These three purposes reveal why God doesn’t take all our troubles away. Here they are:

1. So that the power may be of God and not of us (2 Corinthians 4;7). God doesn’t take all our troubles away, so we recognize Who really has the power in life to see us through.

2. So that the life of Jesus may be manifested in our mortal flesh (2 Corinthians 4:10). For the same reason that God was incarnated in Jesus, God allows us to go through trouble so the glory of Jesus can shine through us and the world can see Him. Like lights hidden under clay pots, God cracks and breaks the clay pots so the light of Jesus can be revealed.

3. So that the power of Christ may rest upon us (2 Corinthians 12:9). If we were never weak, there would be no need for the power of Christ to be near our life. But because we go through times of great weakness, the power of Christ can come upon us to save us.

In all three of these purpose statements, here’s the obvious point: It’s all about Jesus Christ, not us. Life is not about my problems of difficulties, it’s about Jesus’ ability to walk through them with me and give me grace to endure while I watch Him give me poser to overcome – power I would never have realized without going through the difficult times. And the ultimate purpose and result of it all is that He might receive praise through my lips and my life. John Newton knew this to be true. Newton’s critics knew how much he loved his wife and predicted that, in spite of all his preaching about god’s grace, he would fall apart the day his wife died. Well, the day she died, he preached at church and then visited parishioners the next day as was his custom. When it came time for her funeral, he preached the sermon in which he declared, “The Bank of England is too poor to compensate for such a loss as mine … But the Lord, the all-sufficient God, speaks, and it is done. Let those who know him, and trust him, be of good courage. He can give them strength according to their day.”

If you know Him and trust Him, be of good courage. He will give you strength in your day of need.

Dr. David Jeremiah

DID YOU KNOW ??

The New Testament is not explicit about the exact nature of Paul’s “thorn in the flesh” (2 Corinthians 12:7). The most popular theory has been that it was some type of physical ailment or impediment given the reference to his flesh. Based on his statement in Galatians 4:15, some have thought Paul may have had failing eyesight. The fact that he dictated his letters and only added a personal greeting at the end rather than writing them himself also supports this view (1 Corinthians 16:21; Galatians 6:11; 2 Thessalonians 3:17). Others have suggested the thorn was spiritual, one of the false apostles in Corinth who, as a servant of Satan, masqueraded as a true apostle, attacking Paul (2 Corinthians 11:13-15; 12:7).

WaterbirdLEVEL 93

A LIFE BEYOND AMAZING …
NOVEMBER 19th, 2017

COMPASSION IS NOT ANALYTICAL

After the priest passed by, a Levite came down the road (Luke 10: 32). Levites were not descendants of Aaron and therefore not priests, but they were still part of the religious leadership of the nation of Israel. Like the priest, the Levite knew the Old Testament well and the command to love one’s neighbor. But he didn’t stop. Like the priest, he calculated what it would cost to stop and decided, for whatever reason the price was too high.

Both men illustrate the principle that there is a difference between true religion (caring for the needy – James 1:27) and doing religious work. The priest and Levite were religious workers who weren’t involved in true religion.

COMPASSION IS ACTION

Having said what compassion is not – academic, abstract, afraid, and analytical – it is time to say what compassion is: Action.

The third man to come down the road in Jesus’ story was a Samaritan who took action. He cleaned the man’s wounds with oil and wine and bandaged them; he put the injured man on his donkey and took him to an inn and stayed the night, looking after him; the next day when he left, he gave the innkeeper additional funds to care for the man and promised to pay, upon his return, whatever else the innkeeper had to spend to take care of the man. That is what compassion looks like in action.

Jesus’ story illustrated that the only person involved in this tory whose actions demonstrated a true knowledge of God and His word was the Samaritan. The Samaritan was the true neighbor. This would have outraged the lawyer and the fictional priest and Levite who were all Jews because Jews hated Samaritans. Jews viewed Samaritans as half-breeds, the offspring of Assyrians who had settled in the north of Israel and Jews left in the land after the Assyrian conquest in 722 B.C. Jews wanted nothing to do with Samaritans – and here Jesus was praising the actions of a fictional Samaritan who defamed two high-ranking Jews in the story. Jesus made a Samaritan the hero of a Jewish story.

Dr. David Jeremiah

WaterbirdLEVEL 93

NOVEMBER 19th, 2017

So, through travail and victory, David finally accomplished God’s work in God’s way and returned the Ark of the Covenant to Jerusalem, Israel’s new royal city. Through every failure, David learned more and more about how to relate to God and the importance of obedience. There are three lessons we can take from this story in David’s life:

1. THE PRE-EMINENCE OF JESUS
What the Ark of the Covenant was to the Jews in the Old Testament, Jesus Christ is to Christians in the New Testament. The Ark symbolized the presence of God in the midst of the people, and Jesus Christ is the presence of God in the midst of people. Just as David wanted to have the Ark at the center of the life of Israel, so Jesus Christ needs to be at the center of our life as believers. In the Old Testament, when the Jewish high priest took the sacrificial blood into the Holy of Holies on the Day of Atonement, he poured that blood on the mercy seat, which as the lid on the Ark of the Covenant. That blood symbolically covered the broken laws of the people, symbolized by the tablets of the Ten Commandments that were kept inside the Ark. When Jesus, acting as our High Priest, carried His own blood into the holy presence of the High Priest, the Father was satisfied with Jesus’ blood as a covering for the wins of the whole world.

The Ark of the Covenant reminds us of the centrality of the person of Jesus Christ to our faith and to our Salvation.

2. THE PERFORMANCE OF OUR JOB

God cards about the means as well as the end. When we decide that God needs our help to get His work done, and we take the methods of the world and combine them with the instruction of the Lord, it doesn’t help us get there quicker. It delays us getting there. David did the work of God with the methods of the world, and it took him three months longer than if he had just done it God’s way. You cannot get ahead using the world’s methods.

We can also learn that when we do God’s work the world’s way, He passes the blessing off and gives it to somebody else. David didn’t do what God wanted him to do the way He wanted him to do it, so the Ark didn’t get to Jerusalem. It got to Obed-Edom’s house, and he had three months of unexpected blessing because of David’s disobedience. I want every person I know to enjoy the blessing of God, but I don’t want it to be at my expense. I don’t want to disobey God and have my blessing be given to somebody else. I want to enjoy God’s blessing from obedience, and I want those around me to do the same.

3. THE POSSESSION OF OUR JOY

The attainment of joy in the Christian life is as simple as the words to the famous hymn: “Trust and obey, for there’s no other way to be happy in Jesus than to trust and obey.” Obedience is the route to the destination called joy. When David obeyed God, he danced with joy. When he disobeyed, he was consumed with anger and fear. And the same thing can happen to us. We can start doing God’s work the world’s way and find ourselves fearful of the present and future.

Keeping Jesus as our priority and doing God’s work God’s way will result in our gaining and keeping the joy of the Lord.

Dr. David Jeremiah

WaterbirdLEVEL 93

Hello Dear Ones….
Pray your Sunday was a Blessed one …
Spent my morning doing all the work for the Board here…
Then I got the bright idea to turn this cabinet
That I have… the old fashioned kind that had a drop down
Ironing board that folds up…. That is only about 5 inches deep
Into a spice cabinet….
So I had to unscrew the ironing board …
Cut wood for the shelves and fasten them in…
And then sort out all of my spices and I decided to
Put them all in fish canning jars and they all fit….
Nice little six hour project….

May all of you have a Peace Filled Night …
And a start to a week ahead tomorrow …
that is overflowing with God’s blessings….
Hugs and Blessings….
~~waterbird~~

MORNING ON THE GLOBE
THE PILGRIM’S PROGRESS
NOVEMBER 20th, 2017

FROM MILK TO MEAT

For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat. - Hebrews 5:12

Do you want to know why the Body of Christ has been in such a mess over the past few years? Do you want to know why the devil has been able to make a public display of our weaknesses? Do you want to know why, instead of being unified and strong, we've often been torn apart by division and criticisms that come not from without but within?

It is because, as the Lord said in Hebrews, the people of God have need of milk and not of strong meat. They're babies! The people of God for the most part don't know His ways.

That's why He's commissioned you and me to train believers who are unskilled in the Word of righteousness and help bring them to maturity.

"Sure," you say, "you're a preacher, but what about me? What can I do?" Well, I'll tell you. I believe God has called us both to do something. You'll find it in Hebrews 3:13. "Exhort one another daily, while it is called today."

That's no longer just a Bible verse to me. It's a direct command from the Lord. Gloria and I received that command a few years ago when we were preaching in Australia. It prompted us to step out in faith on daily television. But it's not a command that was just meant for us. It's one we all must obey in our own way.

"Exhort one another daily." Pray over that scripture today, won't you? Fellowship with your Father over it. Ask Him how He wants you to fulfill that command. He may tell you to help support ministries like Gloria's and mine who teach the uncompromised Word of God daily. He may tell you to fill yourself so full of His Word that it spills out on everyone you meet and encourages them to go on--and grow on--in Jesus.

Whatever He says, do it! There's a Church full of spiritual babies out there and more are being born all the time. You can help bring them from milk to meat. Begin to exhort them. Today.

SCRIPTURE READING: Hebrews 3:7-19

By Kenneth Copeland

<< Prev