This topic is listed in Promotion. It has been viewed 97,511 times and 17,409 replies have been made.
Awesome God ..... watchandlisten/play/bda813e41
THE PILGRIM’S PROGRESS ~~ A SAFE PLACE ~~A Saturday Message Dr. Charles StanleyFEBRUARY 16th, 2019
LIVING A LIFE THAT COUNTS
If you had to write in one sentence how your life is counting or making a difference, what would you say?
The fact is we all affect other people in one way or another whether it’s our family, co-workers, or friends. That’s why we should carefully consider what our lifestyles, words, and attitudes are communicating to those around us. How we live should give credibility to the message we have concerning Jesus Christ, which can make an eternal difference in other people’s lives.
God has promised to teach us how to live as He desires.
“I will instruct you and teach you in the way which you should go; I will counsel you with My eye upon you.” (Ps. 32:8-9).
Since each of us has been uniquely created, God’s plans for us are individually crafted as well. The Lord has entrusted more responsibility to some people than to others, but this doesn’t mean that those with greater influence are more important. The real issue is faithfulness with whatever God has given us.
The Lord’s promise of counsel implies that He is personally advising each of us and giving us individualized direction for our lives. We never have to fear that He is an impersonal God who doesn’t care or won’t help us in our need. His eye is ever upon us, taking note of every circumstance and guidingus through it. No matter what we are facing, He will show us how to respond according to the principles in His Word.
GOD’S GUIDANCE INCLUDES WARNINGS AND BLESSINGS.
“Do not be as the horse or as the mule which have no understanding, whose trappings include bit and bridle to hold them in check, otherwise they will not come near to you. Many are the sorrows of the wicked, but he who trusts in the Lord, lovingkindness shall surround him. Be glad in the Lord and rejoice, you righteous ones; and shout for joy, all you who are upright in heart” (vv. 9-11).
When we trust in Christ, we are surrounded by God’s lovingkindness. However, if we’re living in sin and doubt, we won’t be able to perceive it. Instead of seeing all His blessings, we’ll feel surrounded by troubles, frustration, fear, suffering, and heartache. Sometimes we just need to open our eyes, look around, and give the Lord credit for His protection and provision. That’s when we’ll experience the joy of the Lord.
GOD INTENDS FOR OUR LIVES TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE.
The determining factor is not education, wealth, position, or location but the Lord alone. He is the one who works in us to make our lives count for His purposes. The people who live around us are watching us and forming opinions about us. Whether we like it or not, we are influencing them, and as Christians we have an opportunity to impact their lives for good by living according to God’s instructions.
Jesus told His disciples, “You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden; nor does anyone light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on the lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house” (Matt. 5:14-15). We are reflectors of the living God. Therefore, our aim should be to reflect Him as accurately as possible by the way we talk and behave so that those who observe us will be drawn to our Savior.
Being the light of the world is not a choice we make but a fact based on our relationship with Jesus Christ. We are lights because Jesus, the true Light, is living within us through His Spirit. As His life is manifest in our disposition and actions, His light shines forth for others to see Christ in us.
GOD WANTS US TO LIVE IN A MANNER THAT GLORIFIES HIM.
“Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven” (v. 16). Those who watch us should recognize that we are different, not because we’re good in ourselves but because God is working in and through us.
However, if we as believers tolerate sin in our lives, our light grows very dim, and we’re sending a false message regarding God. He is holy, and as His representatives we should be reflecting His righteousness by the way we live before others. Although we are not sinless, we have been declared holy in Christ and should therefore reflect this with our behavior.
In order to glorify God, we must be careful not to be a poor reflection of Him with our lifestyle or to seek glory for ourselves. We should never take credit for what God does through us by the power of His Spirit.
GOD LEFT THE ENTIRE CHURCH HERE TO ACCOMPLISH HIS WORK, NOT JUST A FEW GIFTED INDIVIDUALS.
All those who belong to Christ, believe God’s Word, and are indwelt by His Spirit are part of the light. Despite struggles with sin and occasional falls, those who quickly confess, repent, and keep going shine His light in a dark world and show others the Savior. It’s Christ who makes the difference in people’s lives, not us. We are just the vessels through which He shines.
Being the light of the world is not optional. We weren’t saved to simply have our names written in the Lamb’s Book of Life and then do as we please. Once we’ve trusted the Lord Jesus Christ as Savior, we’re under a divine obligation to live as lights by abstaining from sin and pursuing holiness. It’s our responsibility to become the person God desires us to be, knowing that He will empower us through His Spirit to accomplish whatever He has called us to do.
Since Jesus died for our sins, He has the right to live His life through us, and oftentimes it’s in the trouble, heartache, and suffering of life that He shines the brightest. That’s when we realize that He’s always with us, strengthening us, and providing for our needs.
Being a light in the world is a wonderful opportunity and one we should not take for granted since we don’t know when it will end. Our lives are in God’s hands, and we have no control over the number of our days. Therefore, let’s take advantage of the opportunity we have today and live as chosen and holy children of God, empowered by Him to let our light shine before men so they can glorify our Father in heaven.
ASK YOURSELF ….
Think about the people you live and work with each day. What kind of light is your life shining before them? How is Christ reflected in your attitudes, disposition, words, and conduct?
What things weaken your light? What changes do you need to make to shine brighter?
Dr. Charles Stanley
THE PILGRIM’S PROGRESS TODAY’S BIBLE STUDYFEBRUARY 9th, 2019
THE WEAKNESS OF THE FLESH - Part II
C. We must decide and determine not to yield to the flesh; then get into God’s presence and stay there (Romans 6:12-13).1. Then Romans 8:26 comes into force for us2. Romans 7:53. Romans 6:21 – What fruit was produced when you were a servant of sin – free from righteousness?a. They were producing deathb. Romans 6:22 – Being free from sin produces holiness.c. First Kings 8:35 – Sin will stop the rain.
D. Romans 7:4-6 – In order to be free from the flesh, we must be in the presence of Jesus.1. Romans 8:7 – The definition of the carnal mind is one that is against God.2. Romans 8: 11-14a. Time with the Spirit will show us how to mortify the deeds of the flesh.b. Romans 8: 18-193. The creation is waiting to see the sons of God overcome (Romans 8:19).4. First Kings 8:35 – sin stops the rain
3. We are to enter into His suffering.A. Spiritual suffering we experience is the discomfort brought about by resisting the pressure of the flesh. 2. Suffering spiritually is resisting everything that we have been redeemed RomansB. The only time Jesus suffered physically was after He made Himself obedient to death.1. His suffering in the garden was spiritual2. His temptation in Matthew 4 was spiritual3. That I may know the fellowship of His suffering means “our part of.”C. Enter into His suffering – not yours!
Have a Blessed Week Ahead Dear Pilgrims….
The Pilgrims Progress “A Safe Place”THE SATURDAY EVENING POSTFEBRUARY 16th, 2018
THIS IS THE YEAR OF ABUNDANT HARVEST…
Have you been believing for abundant harvest in your life? This is your year. Psalm 65:11-13 says, “You crown the year with your bounty, and your carts overflow with abundance. The grasslands of the wilderness overflow; the hills are clothed with gladness. The meadows are covered with flocks and the valleys are mantled with grain; they shout for joy and sing” (NIV).
WHAT IS A HARVEST??
Simply put, a harvest is a result of something that individuals or nations have sown—good or bad. For example, an individual walking in unforgiveness is sowing bad seed. Obeying the Word of God and living by faith is sowing good seed. If you haven’t been sowing toward your harvest, it’s not too late! If you’re ready to be blessed beyond measure in 2019, begin today with these three ways to reap in the Year of Abundant Harvest.
1. Get a Vision of Your Harvest“You will still be eating last year’s harvest when you will have to move it out to make room for the new.” –Leviticus 26:10 (NIV) You might like the idea of an abundant harvest, but until you get a vision in your spirit of your own harvest, and see it with your spiritual eyes, it will remain just that—a nice idea. What’s the difference between wanting a harvest and seeing it in the spirit? The answer is simple: expectancy. Oral Roberts used to say, “Miracles are coming toward you and passing by you every day.” In other words, if you aren’t expecting a miracle, you’re not going to reach out with the hand of faith to receive it—to take it. That’s why the devil works overtime to keep your mind focused on past and present trials, statistics or someone else’s failure in the same area. He does that to keep you from doing the most important thing you can do—get a vision of your harvest. Why does he care? Because a miracle settles the issue. It brings in your harvest. If you’ve been living in the land of not enough, it might be a challenge for you to get a true vision of your harvest. Begin to renew your mind to God’s will for you to live the abundant life. Study the Scriptures, spend time in prayer, and ask the Lord to help you get the vision of what He has for you deep into your spirit where nothing can touch it. What kind of harvest can you expect in 2019? The word of the Lord to Kenneth Copeland was that you can expect an abundant harvest. An abundant harvest might be described in agricultural terms as a “bumper crop.” A bumper crop is a crop that has yielded an unusually productive harvest. When you reap an abundant harvest, you will have more than enough, overflow, and blessing on top of blessing. There will be no lack, nothing will be missing, and all desires fulfilled—and then some. Leviticus 26:3-5, in The Living Bible, describes an abundant harvest this way: “If you obey all of my commandments, I will give you regular rains, and the land will yield bumper crops, and the trees will be loaded with fruit long after the normal time! And grapes will still be ripening when sowing time comes again. You shall eat your fill, and live safely in the land.” Would you like to see that kind of harvest in your life this year? That’s God’s plan for you. Psalm 115:14 says, “May the Lord give you increase more and more, you and your children” (NKJV). He wants to increase you more and more. Maybe it doesn’t look like it is even possible in your world right now—a harvest in your health, finances or family—but remember this: The laws of the spirit supersede the laws of the natural. It doesn’t need to look possible or even be possible—the favor of God will propel you further and faster than you could ever imagine! That’s what happened in Genesis 26:1 when “there was a famine in the land…” (NKJV). There certainly wasn’t any end in sight, but right in the middle of that famine, God came and blessed Abraham mightily with THE BLESSING that we are still heirs of today. Right in the middle of a hopeless situation—God showed up and gave him a vision of an abundant harvest, and “the man got richer by the day” (verse 13, MSG). Are you facing a famine in your health, finances or family? Whatever it is, it’s no match for God. “He will cause the rain to come down for you,” (Joel 2:23, NKJV). Take the time to get rid of fear, doubt and what ifs. Take the time to renew your mind to the Lord of the harvest and get a vision of the abundant harvest He’s waiting to rain down on you!
2. BE QUALIFIED TO RECEIVE YOUR HARVEST “So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up.” –Galatians 6:9 Once you have a vision of your harvest in your spirit, it’s time to be sure you’re qualified to receive it! While some believers think a harvest will never come, others believe it will just fall into their laps. Neither one is true! In Leviticus 26, when God speaks of your land yielding bumper crops, He begins with a qualifier: “If you obey all of my commandments” (verse 3, TLB). What many Christians fail to recognize is that God’s love is unconditional, but His promises are not. If you want to reap a harvest, you have a part to play—and it’s more than just being saved and believing God wants to bless you.
In Genesis 41, Joseph had THE BLESSING all over him. Though he had been a slave and sent to prison, he ended up being promoted right up to the throne. Why? Because he remained faithful to God and obedient to His commands.
That is an important aspect of partaking of the Year of Abundant Harvest—being qualified to receive it. For the faithful, there will be quick and accelerated promotions. But to qualify, you are going to have to walk in a position of servant-hood, discipline, diligence, respect, honor and love. To qualify, you need to obey His commandments. You might be thinking, Well, I tithe, so I qualify for a financial harvest. Tithing is certainly a prerequisite for financial blessing, but so is honesty. Are there areas where you tend to exaggerate or leave out certain details? Think about your love walk. You may think you have it covered because you’re generally nice to people, but are you critical in your heart? Do you tend to judge others more harshly than you ought? Allow the Holy Spirit to point out the small places in your life that need to be corrected. Refuse to be the kind of person who won’t allow Him or others to exhort you and get you on the right track—the one that leads to your harvest! The word of the Lord through Kenneth Copeland also included several specific instructions to qualify for receiving a harvest. Take time to mediate on and put into practice those things He is calling His people to act upon: A HIGHER ORDER OF PRAYER: There must be a higher order of prayer coming forth out of the family. Intercession, petition and supplication for the lost, much calling things that be not as though they were. 2019 must be a year of great intercession and witnessing outside the walls of the church building.
WALK BY FAITH : I’m going to require you to get healed on your own faith. Most of the people in My ministry, saith The LORD, most of them got healed on their own faith.
MIRACLES UNDER YOUR OWN HAND. People that have no idea about Me or anything about My WORD will come running to those of you that will spend time in intercessory prayer. I’m not talking about hours and hours. I’m talking about minutes a day. Just give Me part of your morning. Just give Me part of your evening, and pray in the spirit and intercede for the lost. And I’ll see to it, saith The LORD, that 2019 is the most startling year of your life.
YOUR BODY WILL BE RENEWED. I’ll see to it that your body begins to renew and your youth begins to renew, and all of a sudden, pains and aches that have been there for years will disappear, when you get out and begin to minister to those that have never heard about Me, saith Jesus.
DON'T WASTE ANY MORE TIME! Get qualified to receive your harvest. If you don’t think you have any attitudes or behaviors to correct—think again. The Lord will always be working to perfect us until He returns. Refuse to close your heart to correction or rebuke. Allow God to work in your life. Have a heart that is sensitive to His voice and the kind of humility that heeds the voices of those around you—the ones God uses help you along the way. It takes work! Pastor George Pearsons’ grandfather had a garden that always yielded huge, impressive tomatoes. His secret? He was constantly tending to that garden—pulling weeds, watering, fertilizing. And he had a fence around it to protect his crop from invaders. He invested in the seeds he had sown to ensure an abundant harvest. 2019 is the Year of Abundant Harvest! Tend to the seeds you’ve sown. Put in the work. Make sure you’re qualified to receive your harvest when it comes your way.
3. ACTIVELY REAP YOUR HARVEST
“Behold, I will make you into a new threshing sledge with sharp teeth.” –Isaiah 41:15 (NKJV) Reaping the harvest. This is certainly the desired end result! It’s getting from the “amen” to “there it is,” and it’s what every one of us should desire in our hearts. The problem is, many believers don’t use their faith to actively reap their harvests. They’ve gotten stuck instead on the seed-sowing part. They say, “I just keep sowing…and sowing…and sowing, but nothing is happening.” But once you’ve sown your seed, that’s when the real work begins! Consider the farmer who invests time and money planting a crop. Then, at harvest time, he simply sits on the porch and watches it rot in the field. Our response would be, “That’s crazy!” Unfortunately, that is the way some Christians think. Many sow their seed, then just wait for God to reap the harvest, but that is not the way it works. A harvest doesn’t just jump from the field to the barn. Someone must go out and reap it. And that someone is us!
Why, then, aren’t all of us producing bumper crops every season? Because we are sitting around waiting for God to do all the work. However, it doesn’t work that way. We sow the seed, God produces the increase, then we reap the harvest.
How do we do this?
1. WE REAP OUR HARVEST WITH WORDS OF FAITH. Isaiah 41:15 is a picture ofus: “Behold, I will make thee a new sharp threshing instrument having teeth: thou shalt thresh the mountains, and beat them small, and shalt make the hills as chaff” (KJV). The Hebrew cross-reference to the word teeth is Your mouth is the threshing instrument—cutting down the harvest, bringing it in. When you call those things which be not as though they were, your mouth is in the field bringing in the harvest.
When you bring tithes and offerings to the altar, pray over your giving, and make a powerful declaration of faith. Call in your harvest. Command it to come to you. Send out the harvesting angels to gather it and bring it to you. What kind of harvest are you looking for? Are you speaking and expecting to get sick, to age, to become less and less healthy and strong? Or are you speaking words of healing, life and blessing? Every time you open your mouth, you are sowing seeds. 2. WE REAP OUR HARVEST WITH WORDS OF PRAISE. Psalm 67:5-6—Praise yields a harvest. Jerry Savelle said, “The depth of your godly praise will determine the magnitude of your harvest.” The more you praise, thank and glorify God, the bigger the harvest will be. Why? Because you are watering, fertilizing and feeding that seed to help it grow. Don’t sit back and wait for your harvest to fall into your lap. Get a vision, get qualified and get to work reaping that harvest. Your days of famine are over. 2019 is the Year of Abundant Harvest! It’s time to join your fellow believers in the fields and reap your harvest!
Here is a Gospel “Song For A Sunday” … I thought I would share with you….May you be Blessed with your listen….Hugs and Many Blessings … ~~waterbird~~
MORNING ON THE GLOBETHE PILGRIM’S PROGRESSFEBRUARY 17th, 2019
A HIDDEN TREASURE
The sower soweth the word. - Mark 4:14
Right now, at this very moment, you have hidden within you a treasure that can change the world. A treasure that can change a man's eternal destiny, that can take him to heaven and save him from hell. A treasure that can turn a person's poverty into prosperity, his sickness into health, his sorrow into joy.
You have within you the all-powerful Word of God.
Don't keep it to yourself. Plant it wherever you go! Sow it into the hearts of those you meet. Share it at every opportunity.
"But I don't know how!" you may say.
Then start learning. Let these three steps help guide the way.
One: Make a decision. Make up your mind and heart today that you are going to share the Word with others no matter what! Determine right now that it's the most important thing you'll ever do. Commit to it. Once you've done that, you'll find the rest is easy.
Two: Prepare yourself. Spend time meditating in the Word each day. Allow the Holy Spirit to minister to you. That will make it easy for you to minister to others. You'll be sensitive to the Holy Spirit and be able to hear His voice. He'll help you know what to say in each situation.
Three: Stay in faith. Once you've shared the Word with someone, trust God for the results. The Word of God does not return void. Even if they seem indifferent to you, even if it appears the Word had no effect, keep believing. Your faith will keep that Word alive inside them, and eventually, it will do its transforming work.
You have hidden within you a treasure that can change the world. What are you going to do with it today?SCRIPTURE READING: 2 Corinthians 4:1-7By Kenneth Copeland
Good Evening Dear Friends…Pray you had a Blessed day….Enjoy your evening and Tomorrow Dear Ones…Hugs and Many Blessings….~~waterbird~~
~~ Please drop your Prayer Requests into Pastor David’s (nightsongs) message box ~~
A Song For Sunday - Oh How The Sun Does Shine - r/c5b232511
hello child of GodI recorded A Song For A Sundayand wanted to share it with you.it's called "Oh How The Sun Does Shine” http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/r/c5b232511I pray you will blessed as you listen and read.hugsss and blessingspd
Create Account or Login to Reply
© 2019 SingSnap | Feb 17, 4:16 AM ET | Promo →