This Pilgrims Progress

This topic is listed in Promotion. It has been viewed 87,819 times and 16,545 replies have been made.

<< Prev  
WaterbirdLEVEL 98

Reply by WaterbirdSNAP-STAR +1

Pray your Having a Blessed Day/Night ....

TODAY’S TURNING POINT
SEPTEMBER 18th, 2018
DR. DAVID JEREMIAH

LAUS DEO

If you’re discouraged, think of Robert Mills. In 1836, his plans were chosen for the Washington Monument. But money didn’t come in, and construction was delayed for years. Then engineers found the ground was too soft, so the site was moved. Saboteurs destroyed a prized block of marble, and donations dried up. Vandals defaced the monument, and construction stopped again. After Mills died in 1855, his monument was an ugly, defaced stump. But today visitors stand in awe of the world’s tallest obelisk, and at its pinnacle are the words LAUS DEO, Latin for “Praise be to God.”

In Ezra 4, the workers trying to rebuild the temple in Jerusalem grew discouraged, and the work stopped for many years. But God sent Haggai and Zechariah to encourage the workers, and the day came when their rebuilt temple became a pulpit for the Lord Jesus Christ.

Rather than viewing problems as obstacles, we should see them as opportunities for praising the God who works things out for our good in His timing. Discouragement drains our spirits; perseverance accomplishes the job—especially when the cry of our heart is “Praise be to God!”

A SINGLE THOUGHT …

It is always hard to see the purpose in wilderness wanderings until after they are over.
Attributed to John Bunyan

WaterbirdLEVEL 98

Edited reply by WaterbirdSNAP-STAR +1

THE PILGRIMS PROGRESS
“A Safe Place”
THE GOD YOU MAY NOT KNOW
SEPTEMBER 18th, 2018

JEHOVAH – TSIDKENU: THE LORD WHO IS RIGHTEOUS

The next name by which God is celebrated in the Old Testament is found in Jeremiah 23:5-6. Jeremiah prophesied at a time of great pain and sorrow in Jerusalem – Babylon was ransacking the nation and city as God’s instrument of judgment on Judah’s sins. When Jeremiah was called by God, he was told that no one would listen to his message of repentance and judgment but that he was not to lose heart over such rejection (Jeremiah 1:1-8).

God came to Jeremiah in the midst of his ministry and revealed Himself to the prophet in a new way:

“Behold, the days are coming,” says the Lord,
“That I will raise to David a Branch of righteousness;
A King shall reign and prosper,
And execute judgment and righteousness in the earth.
In His days Judah will be saved,
And Israel will dwell safely;
Now this is His name by which He will be called:
THE LORD OUF RIGHTEOUSNESS.”

In the midst of sin and destruction, God showed Jeremiah that a ruler was coming who would establish righteousness in the land, whose name would be Jehovah-Tsidkenu, or The Lord Who Is Righteous.

I have to believe Jeremiah built an altar and celebrated the Lord who is righteous.

JEHOVAH – SHAMMAH: THE LORD WHO IS THERE

The last of God’s names appears in Ezekiel 48, the very last verse. Ezekiel’s prophecy was similar to Jeremiah’s except he prophesied from Babylon where he had taken in 597B.C. He was given visions of the glory of God gradually departing from Jerusalem and Judah, and he prophesied about the coming destruction of Jerusalem in 586 B.C. But he was also shown a vision of a New Jerusalem that God would build, a magnificent city that dwarfed the original – “and the name of the city from that day shall be: “THE LORD IS THERE” (verse 35).

To keep Ezekiel from despairing over the future of Jerusalem, God showed him a new name that meant God would once again reign in Jerusalem: Jehovah-Shammah, or The Lord Who Is There.

In Babylon, Ezekiel celebrated the Lord who would again be there among His People.

In closing, look how the names of God coincide with Psalm 23:

“The Lord is my shepherd” - Jehovah-Rohi
“I shall not want” - Jehovah-Jireh
“He makes me to lie down” - Jehovah-Shalom
“He restores my soul” - Jehovah-Rapha
“He leads me in the paths of righteousness - Jehovah-Tsidkenu
“For You are with me” - Jehovah – Shammah
“In the presence of my enemies” - Jehovah-Nissi
“You anoint my head with oil” – Jehovah-M’Kaddesh

Psalm 23 is a shepherd’s celebration of the Shepherd of his soul. I pray that through this series you have come to know better the God whom you worship and that your worship will become a daily celebration of who He is and what He has done in your life. Tomorrow we start a new study ….

Dr. David Jeremiah

DID YOU KNOW ??

Naming in the Bible carries much significance. Some names reflect their very essence, as when God set about naming things in creation: light, darkness, heaven, earth, seas, and more. Adam was allowed to mane the animals in Eden (Genesis 2: 19-20). He also gave the name “woman” (ishah) to his image-bearing counterpart because she was taken out of man (ish) (Genesis 2:23). He gave his wife a personal name “Eve” (chawwa) because she was the mother of all living (cha) (genesis 3:20). Her son was named “Cain” (qayin) because she acquired (qaniti) him from the Lord (Genesis 4:1), and gave Seth (shet) his name because God appointed him (shat) (Genesis 4:25). God changed Abram’s name (avram, “exalted father”) to Abraham (Avraham, “father of many”) when He promised him many descendants (Genesis 17:5).

WaterbirdLEVEL 98

Well here is a peek inside the greenhouse door…

Here are some thing I have started from seed…
The White Peach trees in the back came up this spring…
The Portuguese Grapes i started from cuttings are 2 yrs old

More white peaches in a group in pots…..

The Italian Plum Tree that is two years old….
Underneath the Big Peach Tree ….

More pics to share with you tomorrow…

WaterbirdLEVEL 98

THE PILGRIM’S PRGRESS
~~A Safe Place ~~
LOOKING FOR THE SAVIOR
SEPTEMBER 18th, 2018

ACCEPTING THE WORD OF GOD

the Word of God Paul refers to in verse 13 is that which he preached to the Thessalonians when he evangelized them. Romans 10:17 says that “faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God.” They heard the Word and faith followed. Since there is continual need for faith to “come” even after we are saved, we must ask, “How do we continue to receive the Word of God.”

Hopefully the main source for all Christians is through a diligent and consistent study of the Bible. We have what the Thessalonians didn’t have – our own copy of the words God has given to mankind. But we also receive the Word of God through regular attention to it being preached. We attend a local church and (hopefully) hear the Bible faithfully preached, the Gospel faithfully proclaimed. Paul says it is by the foolishness of preaching that men are saved, so we continue to preach (1 Corinthians 1:21-235 KJV). We also receive the Word through Sunday school classes and Bible study groups. Television, radio, VHS and cassette tapes – there are so many mediums by which we can accept the Word of God into our lives. I discovered recently that you can listen to the entire Bible on audio cassette tapes in 72 hours. The average person spends that much time watching television in a few weeks of time. So if one simply cut out television for a while he could receive the entire Word of God in the same time period.

In spite of all these ways to receive the Word of God, the ancient words of the prophet Amos apply to us today: There is a famine in the land, not of bread or water, “but of hearing the worlds of the Lord. There is in our culture today a famine of hearing the words of the Lord. Past generations used to hear the word of the Lord all across our land regardless of the denomination. It was present in schools, and even in the government. But that is not true today.

It is possible to hear the Word of God physically but not spiritually; externally but not internally. Jesus taught this Himself when He explained His use of parables (Matthew 13:13). And James reminds us that we have been called not to be hearers only of the Word, but doers as well (James 1:22). So we have to guard against the deception of thinking that because we attend church of a Bible study that the Word is really changing our lives. But hearing and receiving the Word is indeed the first steip. fWihout that nothing will happen….

Dr. David Jeremiah

WaterbirdLEVEL 98

MORNING ON THE GLOBE
THE PILGRIM’S PROGRESS
SEPTEMBER 19th, 2018

WHY DID GOD CREATE YOU?

What we have seen and heard we are also telling you, so that you too may realize and enjoy fellowship as partners and partakers with us. And fellowship that we have (which is a distinguishing mark of Christians) is with the Father and with His Son Jesus Christ, the Messiah. - 1 John 1:3

Man is something really special. He is made in the image of God. He is made to have fellowship with God.

Some people get the idea that God made man so He'd have someone to dominate. But God is not a dominator. God is love and love needs to give to someone. That's why God made man. He made him so He could give him His love.

God could have given His love to the angels, and He did that. But giving to angels didn't provide total fulfillment. Why? Because angels aren't made in His image.

You're the same way. Let's say, for example, you have a puppy as a pet. You can fellowship with that little pet just so much, but then there comes a time when you need to talk to somebody. There comes a time when you need to have communication on your own level.

The reason you're like that is because you're created in the image of God. That's how He is. He has a desire to fellowship with someone like Himself.

Dare to believe you're something really special today--a one-of-a-kind creation made by God in His very own image. Dare to receive His love and dare to love Him back!

SCRIPTURE READING: Genesis 1:26-31
By Kenneth Copeland

Hello Dear Ones….
Pray your day was a Blessed One….
Was sunny for half the day and then clouds….
But it was a good day to do things outside…
Mow the lawns for the last time…
And dig some more trees in the ground with their pots…
Had to really soak down the greenhouse….
Pray all of you have a Blessed rest…
May the Lord watch over and keep each one of you in his care …
Hugs and Much Love …. ~~waterbird~~

For Prayer Requests … please drop into Pastor David’s (nightsongs) message box …

WaterbirdLEVEL 98

THE PILGRIM’S PROGRESS
A MORNING PRAYER ….
GOOD MORNING DEAR FRIENDS …

“For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name. I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being…” Ephesians 3:14-16

In Ephesians 3:16 Paul writes, “I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you…” Paul prays with confidence in God’s “glorious riches,” knowing that God has more than everything we need. No doubt, Paul remembers what he has revealed elsewhere in Ephesians: that we are forgiven “in accordance with the riches of God's grace” (1:7); that God is “rich in mercy” (2:4); that God might show “the incomparable riches of his grace” (2:7); and that the “riches of Christ” are "boundless" (3:8). If God is truly so rich in grace and mercy, then we can approach God in prayer with confidence, with boldness, even with joyful abandon … see Hebrews 4:16…

The God who revealed himself in Jesus Christ loves to give us more when we ask: more grace, more mercy, more power, more love… more of himself.

O Father Abba… I do want more. More of your grace. More of your mercy. More of your power. More of your love. More of you. I long to be filled to overflowing with all of your fullness!
In Your blessed name Jesus I pray… Amen and Amen ….

Good Morning Dear Ones….
Pray all of you had a Blessed rest…
Have to spend the day doing more of what
I did yesterday…. Making candles and juice..
Feel free to drop by and say hello…..
May you have a Blessed Day in all you do….
Hugs and Many Blessings…
~~waterbird~~

Daily Reports Storms and Weather Patterns on our Planet as well as Solar and earthquake activity……http://www.suspicious0bservers.org

WaterbirdLEVEL 98

TODAY’S TURNING POINT
SEPTEMBER 19th, 2018
DR. DAVID JEREMIAH

MIRACLE MEMORY

Then went up into the boat to them, and the wind ceased. And they were greatly amazed in themselves beyond measure, and marveled.
Mark 6:51

A time loop is used by film directors as a way to have a character repeat and re-experience a moment in time. One of the most well-known recent films of this genre was the 1993 comedy Groundhog Day in which a TV reporter repeated the same day over and over and over.

Sometimes it seems Jesus’ disciples started out each day with no memory of lessons learned. For example, they witnessed Jesus feeding a crowd of many thousands with only five loaves of bread and two fish (Mark 6:30-44). In other words, they had witnessed Jesus doing an amazing miracle! Then, just a few hours later, with the miracle fresh in their memories, they witnessed Jesus walking on the water of the Sea of Galilee and “cried out” and “were troubled” (Mark 6:49-50). In other words, they didn’t connect one miracle with another; each new miracle brought a “Who is this?” response from them.

We must treasure everything God does for us, big or small, building miracle memory. Not only will it lessen our surprise but it will increase our faith.

A SINGLE THOUGHT …

Meditation is the best help to memory.
Matthew Henry

WaterbirdLEVEL 98

THE PILGRIM’S PRGRESS
~~A Safe Place ~~
OVERCOMER
SEPTEMBER 19th, 2018

Throughout the Old Testament world, “overcoming” was primarily physical – nations overcame each other by military force. But in the Romans world – the first century A.D - a new kind of overcoming appeared: Spiritual overcoming. The idea of struggle was still involved, only now it was not a struggle between earthly armies or foes, but foes of a cosmic and spiritual nature. When Jesus entered the human scene, i8t set in play a struggle between two spiritual kingdoms: the kingdom of darkness and the kingdom of light; the kingdom of this world and the kingdom of God (Colossians 1:13). Followers of Jesus were called to be overcomes of a new kind – overcomes of sin, the world, and the devil.

The weapons of this struggle changed as well. Christians don’t struggle and overcome using the weapons of physical war. That’s because the battle field has changed from earthly plains to a higher plane. The battlefield is now the human heart and mind. The struggle now is between the lies of Satan and this world and the truth as revealed in and through Jesus Christ (John 8:44; 14:6). And Paul says we overcome in that struggle – we pull down worldly views and systems of morality – by “casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ” (2 Corinthians 10:4-5). As Christians, the battle is one of truth verses likes. We identify what is not true and replace it in our life with what is. We know we have overcome when we find our life in Christ being conformed to His life through the written Word and the power of the Holy Spirit.

The apostle Paul, a Roman citizen, followed the teaching style of Jesus when he created a word picture, a metaphor, to illustrate exactly how we overcome in this world – how we stand firm against the schemes and strategies of Satan. Every citizen of the Roman Empire knew what a Roman soldier looked like in full battle dress. From Britain to Spain to Palestine to North Africa, Roman soldiers maintained the Pax Romana (the “Roman Peace”) with a heavy hand. So Paul used a fully-armed Roman soldier (overcomer) to illustrate the means by which Christians can overcome the devil and his lies.

The six parts of the Roman soldier’s dress for battle illustrate six means by which the follower of Christ is able to stand against and to overcome sin, the world, and the devil (Ephesians 6:10-18). The soldier’s belt stands for truth, by which we remain unencumbered by the fads and fashions of the world. The breastplate is a picture of righteousness, by which the believer’s heart is protected from sin. The soldier’s hobnail sandals, by which he stood firm in battle, is an image of peace – peace with God and the peace of God, which allows us to stand unmoved in battle.

The fourth item of spiritual armor is the shield of faith, by which the devil’s “arrows” are deflected. Guarding the Christian’s mind is the helmet of salvation, the new-birth reality that allows us to think with the mind of Christ. And finally, the only offensive piece of the armor is the sword of the Spirit, the Word of God – by which the lies of the enemy are revealed and defeated. Paul concludes this word picture of spiritual overcoming with a call to prayer – obviously not a part of a Roman soldier’s armor, but definitely that which is our conduit to heaven for protection and provision as we strive to overcome.
“To him who overcomes I will give to eat from the tree of life, which is in the midst of the Paradise of God” (Revelation 2:7).

Dr. David Jeremiah

WaterbirdLEVEL 98

Hello Dear Friends…..

Ambrosia Apples with other fruit trees and grape plants…
All were started with seeds or cuttings….

This is a whole row of potted Evans and Nan King Cherry trees…
Started from seed from very old trees so you don’t get the
Genetically modified versions….

My Large plant of Chocolate Mint…
Talk about aromatic…
You can have it as tea…
But I love to dry it… crush it up into a powder
And put it into Chocolate Spice Cakes I make…

My wood stove I fire up in the winter
When it gets down to 0 F…..

More pics tomorrow…

WaterbirdLEVEL 98

THE PILGRIM’S PRGRESS
~~A Safe Place ~~
LOOKING FOR THE SAVIOR
SEPTEMBER 19th, 2018

ACKNOWLEDGING THE WORD OF GOD

Receiving the Word of God is more than just hearing it. It is accepting and acknowledging that it is the Word of God for you. You’[re hearing words which are different from the words in your newspaper or television newscast. You are hearing words which have com d from God. You are really hearing the Word when you agree with Job who said, “I have treasure the words of His mouth more than my necessary food” (Job 23:12).

Throughout Scripture, those who received the world of God placed the highest value on it. Most frequently it was said to be more valuable than gold, silver, or treasures (Psalm 119:14, 72. 127, 162). David also said that, for him, the Word of God was even more valuable than sleep (Psalm 119:148). How many times have you awakened at night and turned to the Word of God just to savor its truth in the middle of the night? Most of us are so tired at night we don’t wake up for anything. But try it next time that happens to you – see if the Word of God doesn’t have even more value than sleep.

There are many ways we can acknowledge the place of the Word of God in our lives. But if it is genuinely precious to us, it will show – one way or another.

Dr. David Jeremiah

WaterbirdLEVEL 98

MORNING ON THE GLOBE
THE PILGRIM’S PROGRESS
SEPTEMBER 20th, 2018

A WORD ABOUT ANGELS

For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways. - Psalm 91:11

It's time to set the record straight. Angels are not kid stuff. They're not little fat babies with long blonde hair and bows and arrows in their hands. Angels are big, strong warriors. They are real. They are powerful. And, if you are a believer, they are a vital part of your life.

We see examples of what angels can do all through the Bible. For instance, when the children of Israel were fleeing from Egypt with Pharaoh's army hot on their heels, the Bible tells us that suddenly the wheels on the Egyptians' chariots got fouled up. They just quit rolling!

Who do you think caused that? The angels, of course!

They haven't retired since then either. Angels are at work today just as they've always been.

A few years ago in one of Israel's major wars, the enemy had their guns trained on Israeli cities. Those guns were the finest military equipment money could buy. They had a range of at least 20 miles and were equipped with electronic gun sights for accuracy.

But something very odd happened. Every time they fired those guns at the Israelis, they either overshot or fell far short of their targets. We know there was nothing wrong with the guns because later the Israelis captured them and fired them back at the enemy with perfect success.

What happened? Angels, that's what!

My friend, that isn't just a fairy tale. That's a real-life example of the involvement of angels in the lives of God's people today. And, if you're a child of God, then you have a right to expect God's angels to do the same kind of things for you.

So, start expecting! Say, "Thank You, heavenly Father for giving Your angels charge over me to keep me in all my ways." Once you've spoken that word of faith, stand fast. Don't fear. Don't waver. Just be patient and keep believing, and you will surely see the salvation of the Lord.

SCRIPTURE READING: Acts 12:1-17
By Kenneth Copeland

Good Evening Dear Ones….
Mine was busy all day making candles….
Juicing apples plums and pears….
Getting down to the bottom of it….
Figure a couple of more days and
Dealing with the harvest will be done… YEA!!!
May the Lord watch over and keep you in his care …

For Prayer Requests … please drop into Pastor David’s (nightsongs) message box …

WaterbirdLEVEL 98

THE PILGRIM’S PROGRESS
A MORNING PRAYER ….

“Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.” Matthew 5:5

To be meek is to be gentle, humble, lowly.
The meek are the ‘gentle’… those who do not assert themselves over others in order to further their own agendas in their own strength, but who will nonetheless inherit the earth because they trust in God to direct the outcome of events. Matthew 5:5

If God… the infinitely great and all-powerful one is gentle and meek, how much more should we be!

“I therefore, a prisoner for the Lord, urge you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.” Ephesians 4:1-3

“And the Lord’s servant must not be quarrelsome but kind to everyone, able to teach, patiently enduring evil, correcting his opponents with gentleness. God may perhaps grant them repentance leading to a knowledge of the truth.”
2 Timothy 2:24-25

We can’t persuade anyone by getting in their face. Calling someone who differs with you an idiot won’t persuade them you are right. When we correct opponents, we must realize we can’t change them. Only God can grant repentance. So… all we need do is gently submit our correction… then trust God to change their heart.

The Bible says be meek and you will inherit the earth. When we inherit something we don’t work for it but receive it as a gift. God gives the meek everything they need. Those who are meek find deep contentment and joy…. and someday we will inherit the new earth.

Heavenly Father… we pray today that You would draw us into meekness. We pray that You would soften our hearts, that You would remind us of the gift of gentleness, that You would show us through Jesus how to live in love day by day. We pray that you would forgive us of our sins and open our eyes and hearts to forgiveness for others in our lives. We ask that you would help us to guard our speech, that the words we say would be life-giving and glorifying to you. We are so grateful for Your refining fire in our lives.
In Your holy name we pray… Amen and Amen ….

Good Morning Dear Ones….
It is cold and raining out….
Really is feeling like fall around here with leaves turning….
Have to keep at the juice and candles again today…
Getting candles orders filled….
Then what I do is fill up the boxes I store them in
After I make all the wax I have into candles…
That way… when the candle orders start…
I have already got the candles made…
May you have a Blessed Day in all you do Dear Hearts…
Hugs and Many Blessings…
~~waterbird~~

Daily Reports Storms and Weather Patterns on our Planet as well as Solar and earthquake activity……http://www.suspicious0bservers.org

WaterbirdLEVEL 98

TODAY’S TURNING POINT
SEPTEMBER 20th, 2018
DR. DAVID JEREMIAH

I DIDN’T KNOW . . . !

In the early days of our technological age, computers and other devices came with large instruction manuals. Today we are so familiar with how digital devices work that we can usually figure them out. And invariably, this leads to a recognition that: “I didn’t know it could do that!”

The three years the disciples spent with Jesus were similar to that utterance. Imagine—they had never seen anyone multiply loaves and fish, cast out evil spirits, or heal the lame, sick, and blind. Every day was, “I didn’t know He could do that!” Another thing they didn’t know was that Jesus could walk on water—and allow them to do the same. But when Peter got out of the boat to walk toward Jesus, he began to sink in the waves. Jesus caught him, of course, but asked him, “Why did you doubt?” Life with Jesus is a never-ending discovery of His love and power, if only we will trust Him.

If you have an “unusual” need today, something you’ve never trusted God for, let today be the day that you do. Explore, trust, discover life with a miracle-working Lord.

A SINGLE THOUGHT …

I never have any difficulty believing in miracles, since I experienced the miracle of a change in my own heart.
Augustine

WaterbirdLEVEL 98

THE PILGRIM’S PRGRESS
~~A Safe Place ~~
OVERCOMER
SEPTEMBER 20th, 2018

OVERCOMER - 1 Samuel 17:1-51

In this lesson we are introduced to the theme of this series: what it means to be an overcomer for God.

One way to handle life’s problems is to wait for them to go away – but they rarely do. Even if we go away, the problems are usually there when we return. When David faced a problem, a giant named Goliath, he overcame that problem by going toward it with faith in the power of God.

1. The Overcomer’s challenge
A. The Size of Goliath
B. The Sight of Goliath
C. The Shout of Goliath

2. The Overcomer’s Character
A. The Conviction of David
B. The Courage of David
C. The Confidence of David

3. The Overcomer’s Conquest
A. David’s Sling
B. David’s Strategy
C. David’s Shot

4. The Overcomer’s Calling
A. Refuse to Be Discouraged by Your Friends
B. Reinforce Your Focus on God
C. Reflect on Your Previous Victories
D. Run Toward Your Problems, Not Away From Them
E. Remember for Whom You are Fighting

You can visit today a spot in Israel where one of history’s most famous battles took place: a battle between two men, David and Goliath. It’s a small level place, one hundred yards wide, between two cliffs – the army of the Philistines arrayed on one side and the army of Israel arrayed on the other. Goliath was a nine-foot-tall giant, the greatest warrior of the Philistines; David was a teenager, the greatest overcomer in the history of Israel.

The story of David and Goliath is not famous just for its storytelling value. It is important because it is a picture of the biblical battle between good and evil, between light and darkness. It is the battle in which every Christian is engaged. It is the battle that calls every Christian to be an overcomer for Christ.

Dr. David Jeremiah

WaterbirdLEVEL 98

Hello Dear Friends…..
Pray your having a Blessed afternoon….
Here are some more pictures inside the greenhouse …

Now off to the right of the stove is the Fontana Grape…
It is an eating grape… don’t know what they taste like yet
As this is the first year to have grapes … and they are still ripening
So I am anxiously awaiting to see what they are all about…
Have to tell you the story about this grape vine….
Went to a friends house in Ashcroft that has a big garden.
We were walking around looking at things and we went to
Where she has her grapes going…. And I looked on the ground
And I saw this miniature grape plant that had a good little trunk on it
With some roots but no leaves… that was about 5 inches long..
so I asked my friend if that was a grape…
And she says… “oh yea … but it’s dead…. So I pulled it up…. Must of
Fell out of the clippings when I was raking up”… well as soon as she
Said that… Holy Spirit told me …It’s not dead….
So I asked her if I could have it… and she asked me what in the world would
I want with that dead thing… and I said… “well what if it isn’t dead ?”..
And she looked at me with a puzzled face and told me I could have it..
Well after 3 years you can see for yourself folks… It’s Not Dead….
Thank you Lord !….

The plant in the front of the grape in the pot is a
Peruvian Trumpet Plant....
It grows from a little tuber.... they can have white flowers
or pink... and when it is warm the beautiful smell fills the whole greenhouse ...
In Peru they grow to be a large tree....
i can't imagine what the smell would be like from something that huge...
This plant has a big root that i dig up each year and store like
a dahlia over the winter....

Grapes on the Fontana….

More apple and fruit trees that are sitting under the Nectarine tree…
That I had started from seed this year….

Thought I would show you the candles I have been making
Over the past couple of days…..
Beeswax Votives

Beeswax Tealights….

Pray you have been enjoying your visits here…

More pics tomorrow…

Many Blessings to each of you…

WaterbirdLEVEL 98

THE PILGRIM’S PRGRESS
~~A Safe Place ~~
LOOKING FOR THE SAVIOR
SEPTEMBER 20th, 2018

ANTICIPATING THE WORD OF GOD

the word “welcomed” which Paul uses to describe the Thessalonians carries with it the sense of expectation. They anticipated hearing the Word of God; they wanted to hear it; they looked forward to hearing it. This is yet another way to determine whether a person is hearing the Word of God with the inner ears or with the outer ears only. Do you look forward to hearing the teaching and preaching of the Word? Do you look forward to your own discovery of the riches of the Word in Bible study?

It's not unusual for me to encounter born-again Christian people who resist the Word of God. They’ve almost become jaded or cynical about it the older they are in the faith. They have built a wall of defense, not wanting the Word to have access to their hearts and lives. People get set in their ways and don’t want to be challenged. But should a true Christian not always welcome whatever the God of the universe has to say, first each day? I believe a person’s attitude toward the Word of God is a barometer of sorts about their whole spiritual life. Specifically, our response to the Word is indicative of our response to Christ Himself. They are both the Word of God. The Bible is the written Word of God and Jesus Christ is the living Word of God. How could our response to one be different from our response to the other? Look at the ways in which they are similar:

1. They are both bread. Jesus Christ said in John 6:48, “I am the bread of life.” But He also reminded the devil that the words of God are bread as well: “Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God are bread for life.

2. They are both light. “Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, ‘I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life’” (John 8:12). But the written Word is light, too. Psalm 119:105 says, “Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.” Both the written Word and the living Word are light.

3. They are both truth. “Jesus said to him, ‘I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me’” (John 14:6). Jesus also said that the Word of God was truth: “Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth” (John 17:17). So once again, the living Word is truth and the written Word is truth.

In all three of these cases, we are not likely to honor one form of bread, light, or truth over the other. How we approach the written Word of God is probably a good indication of how we approach the living Word. Therefore, it is impossible for someone to say they have a great relationship with Christ, but they never read the Bible, from cover to cover, is all about Jesus Christ, it’s difficult to imagine how someone could be interested in Jesus without being interested in the Word.

So, these believers from Thessalonica not only heard the Word of God and received the Word of God, they welcomed and anticipated the Word of God. The Word of God to them was the message of Almighty God concerning Jesus Christ His Son.

Dr. David Jeremiah

WaterbirdLEVEL 98

MORNING ON THE GLOBE
THE PILGRIM’S PROGRESS
SEPTEMBER 21st, 2018

TIME TO GET SERIOUS

O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee.... I remember thee upon my bed, and meditate on thee in the night watches. - Psalm 63:1,6

If you're going to live in divine health, there are going to be times when you'll have to be downright extreme about the Word of God. Times when you may be facing a sickness so severe that you need more than just a few moments in the Word and a quick prayer to receive your healing.

I want to tell you, in very practical terms, what I would do in a situation like that.

The moment I woke up in the morning, before I did anything else, I'd take Communion. I'd say, "Lord, I dedicate my body all day today to the service of my Lord Jesus Christ. I take Jesus' pure blood shed for me."

Then I'd put the devil in his place. I'd say, "I rebuke you, Satan. You're not going to put any sickness and disease on me today. Regardless of the symptoms, regardless of what my body thinks about it, by the power of Jesus through His Spirit, I have overcome this sickness because He that is within me is greater than he that is in the world."

Then, all day long, I'd thank God for my healing. I'd choose some teaching tapes that would fill my mind and my spirit with the anointed Word of God, and I'd listen to them throughout the day. In the afternoon, I'd praise God and receive Communion again to remind myself that the blood of Jesus is in my veins, that I'm part of God's family.

You don't have to wait until the second Sunday of each month or whatever to receive Communion. Jesus just said, "As often as you do this, do it in remembrance of Me." And if you're facing a serious attack of the devil, you need to remember Him all day and all night. You need to consider Jesus until thoughts of Him push the thoughts of that sickness right out of your mind.

That night before bed I'd receive Communion again, then I'd praise myself to sleep. If I woke up in the night, I'd reach over and get my Bible and read all the healing scriptures and make the devil sorry he woke me.

When the devil launches a serious attack against your body, don't mess around. Get serious about the Word. Put yourself under its constant care and it will take good care of you.
SCRIPTURE READING: Hebrews 4:9-16
By Kenneth Copeland

Good Evening Dear Ones….
Its raining right now.. with it being cloudy and cold all day..
Thought I would dig up a couple of pepper plants and cherry tomatoes
And put them in pots to grow inside the house for the winter…
Did that last year and had peppers and tomatoes all winter…
Oh… and remember those Texas Sweet Scarlet grapefruits I started from seed?….
They all came up except one and all 15 of them are around four inches tall…
So they have to stay in the house under grow lights to keep them from dying…
May the Lord keep you and watch over each of you …

WaterbirdLEVEL 98

THE PILGRIM’S PROGRESS
A MORNING PRAYER ….

"His delight is not in the strength of the horse, nor his pleasure in the legs of a man, but the LORD takes pleasure in those who fear him, in those who hope in his steadfast love."
Psalm 147:10-11

To fear the Lord is to stand in awe of his majesty, power, wisdom, justice and mercy, especially in Christ… in his life, death and resurrection … to have an exalted view of God. To see God in all his glory and then respond to him appropriately. To humble ourselves before him. To adore him.

Dear Heavenly Father God …. we pray that our hearts would learn how to rightfully fear you. We bow before you, acknowledging you as Lord and Savior of lives, praising you for your might, your sovereignty, your power, your strength, your mercy, and your justice. We thank you for your unending love even when we are undeserving. We stand in awe and surrender our hearts to you. We put you first, Lord… in Your name we pray…
Amen and Amen …..

Good Morning Dear Ones….
May you have a Blessed Day in all you do …
Hugs and Many Blessings…
~~waterbird~~

WaterbirdLEVEL 98

TODAY’S TURNING POINT

SEPTEMBER 21st, 2018
DR. DAVID JEREMIAH

WHAT’S GOING ON HERE?

A friend of Turning Points got tired of nuisance calls on his cell phone, but, upon reflection, decided to use the calls to practice his evangelism. If the caller is hawking credit cards, our friend replies, “I don’t need another card, but I take every opportunity of sharing the gift of God that money can never buy. May I tell you about it?” If the caller is selling vacation rentals, the man says, “I would love to tell you about the ultimate destination in life, a home in heaven.” And so forth. While the man hasn’t yet led a caller to Christ, he’s found several who listened to the Gospel. One salesman said, “Hey! What’s going on here? You’re the second person today who has told me that!”

We’re living in a day when we must be creative about sharing the Gospel, both personally and through our church ministries. Our culture is changing, and, while our message never changes, we need endless creativity in making sure we get the message to as many people as possible. Too many times we focus on keeping cultural traditions instead of reaching the lost wherever they are.

Jesus was non-conventional in His ministry. Let’s do as He did and tell others what great things the Lord has done for us.

A SINGLE THOUGHT …

If being conventional doesn’t succeed, try being original!
Greg Laurie

WaterbirdLEVEL 98

THE PILGRIM’S PRGRESS
~~A Safe Place ~~
OVERCOMER
SEPTEMBER 21st, 2018

THE OVERCOMER’S CHALLENGE

Goliath was the “champion” of the Philistines; he was from Gath, one of five great Philistine cities, a home of giants (2 Samuel 21: 19-22). It was this race of giants that Moses’ spies spoke of when they returned from spying out the Promised Land (Numbers 13:33). Goliath was a descendant of this race of enormous people.

THE SIZE OF GOLIATH

First Samuel 17:4 says that Goliath’s height was “six cubits and a span.” A cubit in biblical times was about eighteen inches and a span was about half that length. So, Goliath’s height would have been around nine feet nine inches. The average man’s height in that day was less than six feet so Goliath had the stature of a giant. By comparison, the tallest basket ball players today are seven and one-half feet tall, so Goliath was more than two feet taller than them. He probably weighed four hundred to five hundred pounds.

THE SIGHT OF GOLIATH

In his book David and Goliath: Underdogs, Misfits, and the Art of Battling Giants, author Malcolm Gladwell describes Goliath’s armor:

To protect himself against blows to the body, he wore an elaborate tunic made up of hundreds of overlapping bronze fish like scales. It covered his arms and reached his knees and fish like scales. It covered his arms and reached his knees and probably weighed more than a hundred pounds. He had bronze shin guards protecting his legs, with attached bronze plates covering his feet. He wore a heavy metal helmet. He had three separate weapons, all optimized for close combat. He held a thrusting javelin made entirely of bronze, which was capable of penetrating a shield or even armor. He had a sword on his hip. And as his primary option, he carried a special kind of short-range spear with a metal shaft as “thick as a weaver’s beam,” … Can you see why no Israelite would come forward to fight Goliath?

For six weeks, twice a day, Goliath appeared to taunt the army of Israel. More than eighty times, the Israelites had looked on the fearsome sight of Goliath, too afraid to do anything.

THE SHOUT OF GOLIATH

For six weeks, twice a day, the Israelites heard various forms of this taunt from Goliath: ‘”Why have you come out to line up for battle? Am I not a Philistine, and you the servants of Saul? Choose a man for yourselves and let him come down to me. If he is able to fight with me and kill me, then we will be your servants. But if I prevail against him and kill him, then you shall be our servants and serve us.’ And the Philistine said, ‘I defy the armies of Israel this day; give me a man, that we may fight together.’”
(1 Samuel 17:8-10)

We can only imagine the shout of a man the size of Goliath reverberating off the walls of the cliffs that bordered the plain where he stood. His voice would have struck terror in the hearts of the Israelite soldiers. Not one of them had the courage to go out and face that giant. The idea of a two-man fight – each man serving as a proxy for his army – was common in the ancient Near East for two reasons: If the armies fought, each would lose many men. And the loss of the defeated side’s soldiers meant the loss of Captive slaves for the victor. It was a matter of practicality: Let two warriors battle it out.

Dr. David Jeremiah

WaterbirdLEVEL 98

Hello Dear Friends…..
Pray your having a Blessed day….

Here is one of the two Fig Trees that was given to me…
It has taken two years for it to root itself….
And it finally grew leaves this year….

This Big plant in the back of the Greenhouse is a
Black Raspberry Plant….
It is the plant that I get small plants from that I sell….
Boy does it produce a lot of berries being in the greenhouse…

Concord Grapes … i make grape juice from this vine…
Also eat a bunch of them too…

Thanks for visiting…. Have a Blessed day

More pics on Sunday…

WaterbirdLEVEL 98

THE PILGRIM’S PRGRESS
~~A Safe Place ~~
LOOKING FOR THE SAVIOR
SEPTEMBER 21st, 2018

APPRECIATING THE WORD OF GOD

The key to appreciating the Word of God is to receive it and welcome it “not as the word of men, but as the it is in truth, the word of God (1 Thessalonians 2:13). This statement by Paul is one of the surest affirmations we have that the apostles considered their teachings to be the Word of God. When Paul preached the Gospel to the Thessalonians, they were hearing the Word of God. No9t from the top of Sinai, or from the midst of the tabernacle, but on a street corner, in a synagogue, or in a home in downtown Thessalonica. The Word of God traveled with and with and was proclaimed by, the apostles of God. Paul would have been heartbroken if they had received his words as the “word of Paul” instead of the Word of God. He gave unceasing thanks to God that this was not the case (verse 13).

In our pluralistic and politically correct culture, the Bible is now regarded as the word of man. Courses are taught on the Bible as literature and as a sourcebook for ancient history or for comparative religious studies. The Bible is great literature, history, and theology – but those three disciplines never saved anyone for eternity or changed their life in time. Only God’s Word can do that. Some take the middle ground, saying the Bible “contains” God’s Word, but is not God’s Word itself. That is, some parts are inspired, and some are not. But who, may I ask, is the arbiter and judge who can tell us which parts are God’s words and which parts are man’s words? The Bible stands or falls as a unit. Either it is all the Word of God or none of it is.

Many men and women have penned great and noble words, worthy of our consideration. But they are not the words of God unless they are in the Bible. We can never approach other writings like we approach the Bible. It is different in origin, character, and content. All of the Bible was inspired by God and given to complete us and equip us to do God’s will (II Timothy 3:16-17). The Bible was written by men who were moved along by the Holy Spirit. They wrote exactly what God wanted them to write
(2 Peter 1:20-21).

No passage of Scripture better expresses the divine character of the Word of God t5han Psalm 19:7-11:

The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul;
The testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple;
The statues of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart;
The commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes;
The fear of the Lord is clean, enduring forever;
The judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether.
More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold; sweeter also than honey and honeycomb.
Moreover by them Your servant is warned, and in keeping them there is great reward.

The further we go into Paul’s statement in verse 13, the further we discover what set the Thessalonian church apart from many churches today. We hear the Word. We accept the Word. We walk in the Word. But when it comes to appreciating the Word as from Almighty God, inspired by Him for our benefit, we have fallen behind. The Thessalonians saw the apostles as divine messengers bringing the very words of God to them. We have Paul’s word’s but do not appreciate them the same way. But the Bibles we hold in our hands are as much the Word of God as if God Himself were standing in the pulpit of our church and delivering His words to us. That’s what sets the Thessalonians apart from us.

Dr. David Jeremiah

WaterbirdLEVEL 98

MORNING ON THE GLOBE
THE PILGRIM’S PROGRESS
SEPTEMBER 22nd, 2018

UNITY OF FAITH

And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ. - Ephesians 4:11-13

Till we all come in the unity of the faith. What this scripture means is simply this: If we're ever going to become truly powerful in the kingdom of God, if we're ever going to be any great threat to the devil, we're going to have to grow up--together.

It won't be enough for just a few of us to grow up on our own and say, "Too bad" about everybody else. It doesn't work that way. We're a part of each other. The Bible calls us one body...the Body of Christ.

Let me give you an example. When I began teaching God's revelation on the laws of prosperity, I started getting incredible flack. Preachers started calling me and chewing me out because I wouldn't borrow money and things like that. Finally God said to me one day in prayer, "Don't teach on the laws of prosperity any more until I tell you to."

"Why not?" I asked.

"There's strife in the camp," He told me. "Other preachers are mad at you and in strife over it."

I didn't realize then that the level where we stopped would affect us all. I didn't realize that even I wouldn't be able to go on and operate in the additional laws of prosperity until the rest of the Body would go with me.

We're not islands unto ourselves. I can't do anything without affecting you. You can't do anything without affecting me. We're joined together by God but held together by one another (Eph. 4:16). We can only grow up...together!

Learn to walk in love. Refuse to fall prey to division and isolation. Feed on the Word daily and encourage your brothers and sisters by feeding it to them too, so we can all grow up to be "a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ."

SCRIPTURE READING: 1 Corinthians 12:13-28

By Kenneth Copeland

Good Evening Dear Ones….
Had tons of rain today … so was inside…
Puttering around… packing up candles…
And Putting canning away….
May all of you have a refreshing rest…
Hugs and Many Blessings…. ~~waterbird~~

WaterbirdLEVEL 98

THE PILGRIM’S PROGRESS
~~ A SAFE PLACE ~~
A Saturday Message
Dr. Charles Stanley
SEPTEMBER 21st, 2018

WALKING IN THE FAVOR OF GOD - PART 2

A story written thousands of years ago continues to speak to us today because the lessons we learn from the life of Noah are still applicable to our daily lives.

What makes Noah unique is that in the midst of a wicked, evil society, he alone “found favor in the eyes of the Lord” (Gen. 6:8). This is the kind of affirmation from God that we should all desire and pursue in order to honor and please Him.

The favor of God is His acceptance, approval, provision, divine energy, and joy given to us.

To walk in His favor day by day, we must listen to Him and trust Him. Both of these are required for salvation because God is the One who tells us of our sin and our need for a Savior. Then we must believe Him, receive the forgiveness of our sins through Christ, and trust Him to be our Savior and Lord. Listening and trusting the Lord are also essential in the Christian life in order to follow His guidance and walk in His will.

A good way to test whether we are truly trusting God is to consider our prayer lives. Do we come to Him with our needs and concerns and leave with an expectation that He has heard and will answer? Sometimes our prayers become lifeless because we lack confidence and faith in the One to whom we pray.

Proverbs 3:5-7 shows us how to walk with God as Noah did. “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight.”

NOAH’S SOCIETY

The culture in which Noah lived was characterized by great wickedness and evil. It was so corrupt that the Lord was grieved and decided to blot out mankind and all the animal life on earth (Gen. 6:5-7). But one man was different from everyone else: “Noah was a righteous man, blameless in his time; Noah walked with God” (v. 9).

That should be our ambition as well—to be righteous and blameless and to walk with God. No other compliment could surpass this. Such a lifestyle requires that our conversation, conduct, and character reflect that we are walking with God in righteousness. If this is true of us, we will be different from the culture around us just as Noah was.

NOAH’S ASSIGNMENT

Because Noah was a righteous man who listened and trusted the Lord, God commanded him to build an ark (v. 14). This wasn’t a small project because the ark was to be 450 feet long, 50 feet wide, and three stories tall. Nothing like it had ever been built before so Noah could have made excuses, but he trusted God and did exactly what he was told.

Sometimes in our obedience to the Lord we may not understand how it will all work out or even how we are to accomplish it. Our human nature wants a full explanation of all that’s required before we proceed, but the Lord wants us to believe Him and obey. If we’ll trust Him enough to take the first step, we can be sure that God will provide what we need to take the next step. And if we need further direction, we can ask Him earnest questions in prayer being confident that He will reveal what we need to know.

NOAH’S COLLISION WITH HIS SOCIETY

Even though Noah faced inevitable obstacles, He listened to God’s instructions, trusted Him to save him from the impending flood, and started building the ark. Because he was righteous and blameless, he already stood out in his culture, but now he was doing something that seemed ridiculous to the people around him. Yet in the midst of their inevitable questions regarding the ark, Noah had the opportunity to tell the people about God and warn them of the upcoming destruction. But no one listened or believed Him, and they were ultimately destroyed in the great flood.

We, too, may face skepticism and questions when we listen to God and follow His instructions. Although others may not understand or might even ridicule us, we must seek to tell them about God and answer their questions, if possible. Then our responsibility is to trust and obey God and leave all the consequences to Him.

NOAH’S TRUST IN GOD

Although the Lord’s command to build an ark seemed absurd to his neighbors, Noah trusted God and carefully followed His instructions regarding how to build it. Every step of the way, Noah had to rely on the Lord to provide materials and guidance for the construction of the ark. It had no rudder because God was going to steer it. There were no sails since the Lord would power it, and there was no need for a compass because God would direct its course. All the instructions were clear, so Noah would know exactly what to do.

Trust is also essential in our lives as we walk with the Lord. Without it, we’d be like a car without wheels going nowhere in life. If God gives us a command, He assumes the responsibility for providing the means for us to do it. If we always insist on having all our questions answered before we move forward, we never will. Like Noah, we can count on the Lord to provide whatever we need to accomplish His will. Whether it’s resources, finances, or specific directions about what to do next, all we need to do is ask God and wait for Him to provide in His time.

NOAH’S FORMULA FOR LIVING

The example Noah gives us could be called the ABCs for life—listen to the Lord, trust Him, and then obey. This simple formula is God’s solution for living in a sinful world, and it can be applied to every area of our lives. Yet sometimes listening, trusting, and obeying God scares us because we fear that we won’t be understood by others or might lose out in some way. However, anytime we follow the Lord’s instructions we win simply because we’ve obeyed Him.

To live a godly life, we must listen to God by reading His Word and trusting what He says. Then we step out in obedience, knowing that He has all knowledge and all power in every circumstance in life. Nothing is beyond Him. Furthermore, blessings follow obedience. Because Noah listened, trusted, and obeyed God, one family was saved from the flood, and a new civilization was started.

ASK YOURSELF …

What obstacles cause you to waver in your trust in God? Is it the opinions of others? Are you afraid circumstances won’t work out as you desire?

What personal assurances do you find about God’s ways in Isaiah 55:8-11? What benefits of trusting Him are mentioned in Psalm 34:8-10?

Dr. Charles Stanley

WaterbirdLEVEL 98

THE PILGRIM’S PROGRESS
TODAY’S BIBLE STUDY
SEPTEMBER 21st, 2018

JESUS’ VICTORY OVER SATAN

Foundation Scriptures: Genesis 3:14-15 Luke 4: 1-14 Revelation 19:11-21, 20:1-3, 5-10

1. Satan was the reason for redemption. There could be no redemption without defeating him.

2. Jesus’ victory over Satan was threefold.
A. Victory in the earth walk
a. God had to come Himself
b. The incarnation wat the masterstroke of strategy
c. God invaded the sense world where natural man lived.
d. Luke 4:1-15 – The first combat … Jesus won!

B. Victory in the sacrifice
a. Colossians 2:15
b. Hebrews 2:14

C. Victory in the new creation
a. The most humiliating defeat of all – to be made subordinate to men who were once helplessly his sin slaves.
b. Ephesians 2:10
c. Second Corinthians 5:17

3. New Creation Realities
A. The new creation is an absolute master over the adversary. We have been given the right to wear the WHOLE armor of God.
B. We have the nature of God dwelling in us.
C. Satan had never figured on having to deal face to face with God Himself in dealing with men.
First, Jesus … now, us!
D. When Satan deals with the new creation, he is dealing with the third person of the Godhead – a son, filled with the Holy Spirit.
E. Galatians 4:6-7
F. First John 3:2

Pray each of you have a Blessed Saturday….

WaterbirdLEVEL 98

The Pilgrims Progress “A Safe Place”
THE SATURDAY EVENING POST
SEPTEMBER 21st, 2018

FIXER UPPER!

Waco, Texas, has made a lot of “Gaines” since Chip and Joanna set up ship there. Propelled by the success of their popular television program Fixer Upper, the Gaines opened their massive Magnolia House vacation rental in 2016; then added another vacation house; and now they’ve launched a restaurant. Local officials say tourism to Waco has tripled.

The Gaines rocked to fame by renovating out-of-date, rundown properties, which they have turned into some of the most charming homes in Texas. Their show, Fixer Upper, ran from 2013 to 2018, and each episode began with Joanna and Chip showing a buyer three houses all needed fixing up. Once the client chose a house4, Joanna went to work designing it while Chip became the lead contractor. Viewers watched the whole process unfold, and long the way we all learned a lot about keeping our own houses fixed up.

Joanna’s website explains her signature style:

Joanna’s design preference is simple. Fresh and timeless. She loves the use of industrial pieces that are a glimpse of how life used to be. Her specialty is making old things new and seeing the potential in every project – no matter how hopeless it may seem in the beginning. By preserving and highlighting the character of each home, Joanna keeps things original and one of a kind.

That’s a good philosophy for life. The Lord wants us to be simple, fresh and timeless – one of a kind. We’re to stay industrious for Him as long as we live. Even when we feel a bit dilapidated, we’re far from hopeless. We have potential. The Carpenter of Nazareth knows how to fix us up. This comparison is scriptural, for Jesus said., “Whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock: and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it did not fall” (Matthew 7:24-25).

As we’ve seen in an earlier article, God put us together just as He wanted. We’re fearfully and wonderfully made. There’s never a reason to let ourselves become ramshackle or rickety. The Bible says, “There we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day” (2 Corinthians 4:16, NIV).

But, like houses, we sometimes need some fixing up. We need rewiring for our energy, repainting to cover some scars, new plumbing so we’ll remain fresh conduits for the water of life, and occasionally we need some new furniture. The Scriptures says, “In a large house there are articles not only of gold and silver, but also of wood and clay; some are for special purposes and some for common use. Those who cleanse themselves from the latter will be instruments for special purposes, made holy, useful to the Master and prepared to do any good work” (2 Timothy 2: 20-21, NIV).

APPRECIATE QUALITY

Your heart is Christ’s home, so when you need a little fixing up, what do you do? First, remember you’re made in God’s image according to His blueprint, and you are a solid piece of quality work, Ephesians 2:10 says, “We are His workmanship.” Just as Joanna Gaines appreciates the character of craftsmanship, we should appreciate the character God has built into us. Our times are in His hands. If you’re in your thirties, don’t pretend you’re a teenager. If you’re in your sixties, don’t try to be twenty. Ecclesiastes 7:10 warns against longing too much for the past. We’re to remain relevant and useful today. Age is an asset. According to Titus 2: 2-3, we should grow wiser with the years worthy of respect, self-controlled, and sound in faith, love, and usefulness. Proverbs 4:18 says, “The path of the just is like the shining sun, that shines ever brighter unto the perfect day.”

WaterbirdLEVEL 98

NOTICE FLAWS

Next, we need to work on areas that become tattered with time. For example, we sometimes make financial mistakes by failing to be wise stewards. Some of let the pressure of the crowd out our prayer and Bible study time. It’s easy to become cranky and irritable, and how easily we can hold a grudge. Sometimes we become complacent or cynical.

Under the guidance of the Holy Spirit, we should spot these flaws and failures and aim at self-improvement. Odell Beckham, Jr., one of the entertaining players in the NFL, is committed to self-improvement. He said, “As you get older, you grow and mature, and that should never stop. As soon as you stop growing, you’re done living. I’ll always be growing, forever learning, forever taking in advice from people I deeply respect.

But here’s the difference. When I say “self-improvement,” I don’t mean it like Beckham does – improvements made in our own strength. Our self-improvement is really Spirit-improvement as God’s Holy Spirit goes to work in renovating key areas of our lives. The Bible says, “Work out your own salvation with fear and trembling; for it is God who works in you” (Philippians 2:12-13). When the Holy Spirit shows you a personal flaw in your life, confess it, ask God to help you, and make a sustained effort to work on it.

CONSULT THE BLUEPRINTS

Third, keep the blueprint of God’s Word spread out before you. When Chip and Joanna Gaines decide to tackle a project, they don’t just grab hammers and crowbars. They devise a plan and make sketches. For us, we can never experience true inner renovation if we neglect God’s Word.

Take our tempers, for example. In his book, Holyistic Attitudes, Dr. Harold Adolph told of John Hunter, a prominent surgeon who suffered from a weak heart. He knew anger was detrimental, yet he felt he couldn’t control his temper. He once remarked, “The first scoundrel that gets me angry will kill me.” One day while verbally attacking an opponent at a conference, Hunter clutched his chest and crumpled to the floor, killed by his own anger. We must view our temper as a spiritually-based problem, surrender our rights to the Lord, take His yoke, learn to forgive, and remember James 1:20: “The wrath of man does not produce the righteousness of God.

TACKLE PROJECTS ONE BY ONE

Finally, remember that growth is a step-by-step process, so we should find an area of life to work on and tackle it, starting now. In his classic booklet My Heart – Christ’s Home, Robert Boyd Munger described what happened when Christ came into his heart. It was like handing Jesus the keys to his life and having Him move in. Munger said the Lord started with the library of the mind and went into the dining room of the appetites, the living room where fellowships are formed, the workroom where skills are developed, the rec room where entertainment occurs, and the bedroom where intimacy is found. And then there was the hall closet. That’s where Jesus found one or two personal things that smelled and needed to be discarded.

Munger wrote, “He took my life that day and I can give you my word, there is no better way to live the Christian life. He knows how to keep it in shape and deep peace settles down on the soul. May Christ settle down and be at home in your heart as Lord of all!”

The apostle Paul prayed for the Ephesians with these worlds: “I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will empower you with inner strength through his Spirit. Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him” (Ephesians 3:16-17. NLT).

The Bible says we are living stones being built into a spiritual house to offer up praises to GOD
(1 Peter 2:5). You and I are under construction, and the divine Builder knows how to perfect that which concerns us (Psalm 138:8).

What area of your life needs renovation right now? Without Christ, we’ll fall apart. But for Jesus followers, to live is Christ and to die is gain. We are His fixer-uppers! For “He who has begun a good work in us” will carry it to completion until Christ comes again (Philippians 1:6).

Dr. David Jeremiah

WaterbirdLEVEL 98

“OPEN DUET” - Song for Sunday Worship…
May you be Blessed with your listen….
Hugs and Blessings… ~~waterbird~~

Lift Me Up

http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/watchandlisten/play/bc8e52c9d

nightsongsLEVEL 95

Reply by nightsongsSNAP-STAR

Song For A Sunday - "He Lifts Me" - r/b06151cad - blessings

hello child of God
I recorded A Song For A Sunday
and wanted to share it with you.
it's called "He Lifts Me"
http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/r/b06151cad
I pray you will blessed as you
listen and read.
hugsss and blessings
pd

WaterbirdLEVEL 98

Good Evening Pastor David...
Thank you so much for sharing your inspiring message and song...
May you have an Abundantly Blessed Week ahead...
Filled with Gods peace...joy ... love .... and safety...
Hugs and Blessings.... ((*-*))

MORNING ON THE GLOBE
THE PILGRIM’S PROGRESS
SEPTEMBER 23rd, 2018

A LITTLE EVERYDAY

Unto what is the kingdom of God like? and whereunto shall I resemble it? It is like a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and cast into his garden; and it grew, and waxed a great tree; and the fowls of the air lodged in the branches of it. - Luke 13:18-19

If you're going to grow in the kingdom of God, you're going to do it just like a seed that's been planted in the ground. How does a seed grow? All at once? No, it grows constantly-- 24 hours a day--a little all the time until it accomplishes what it was created to do.

Many of us don't operate that way spiritually. We study and pray very hard for a few days and then quit. Then, when some disaster comes, we make a mad attempt to pray and stand on the Word, all the while realizing that, for some reason, we're just not as strong as we ought to be.

There's no such thing as an overnight success in the kingdom of God! Real strength, real growth comes as you consistently and constantly keep the Word before your eyes, in your ears, and in the midst of your heart. Not just when you want to or when you feel like it, but constantly, like the seed, a little all the time.

A man came up to me once and said, "Man, your ministry just took off overnight, didn't it?"

"If it did," I answered, "it was certainly the longest night I ever spent in my life!"

From his perspective my success did seem to spring up quickly. That's because he didn't see me during all those hours and weeks and months and years I spent in the Word of God. He didn't see the daily process that lay behind that success. He just saw the results.

Make up your mind to begin that daily process of constant growth today. Determine to start putting the Word in your heart consistently. Every day a line here, a line there--a tape here, a tape there.

Begin to act as though that Word is true every hour of the day regardless of what comes or how you feel. Keep adding to your faith, meditating on it, confessing it, seven days a week.

Eventually, your faith will be bigger than you ever dreamed it could be.
SCRIPTURE READING: Luke 13:18-21
By Kenneth Copeland

Good Evening Dear Ones….
Raining and cold today….
Stayed inside… curled up with a book
I just got …. And had a break today…
May all of you have a Peace Filled Rest…
Awake afresh for Your new day….

WaterbirdLEVEL 98

THE PILGRIM’S PROGRESS
A MORNING PRAYER ….

Now listen, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money.” Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. Instead, you ought to say, “If it is the Lord’s will, we will live and do this or that.” James 4:13-15

I have to admit…i’m a planner and a dreamer. I like charting out all the things I’ll get done in a day or a week or in a season. I also like dreaming up my future … and I can tend to let my expectations get carried away sometimes, anticipating something to go a certain way and then getting easily disappointed. Then i have to remind myself…

God willing, I will do these things that I intend to do. If the Lord wills, I will follow through on these plans of mine. If God allows, I will achieve these goals. Sometimes, things get in the way of our plans. Sometimes, these things are catastrophic, and sometimes, they are minor inconveniences or small distractions that pile up. Other times, God may simply have something different in store. We all know life doesn’t go how we intend it to.

I’m encouraged that James does not tell us not to make plans. Plans are important, and he seems to agree. But it’s a great reassurance as well as a reminder of humility to remember that, in the end… God is in control of our lives’ outcomes. What we are given is a blessing and a gift… So may we plan our lives with the Lord in mind.

O Precious Lord….

We know that as you hold our lives in your hand, you also hold our plans for the future. Remind us to plan with you in mind. Grant us a spirit of humility, that recognizes that you are ultimately in control. And if you will it… have us reach the end of the day having done what we have set out to do.
We pray in Your blessed name Jesus ... Amen and Amen

Good Morning Dear Ones….
May you have a Blessed Sunday in all you do …
Hugs and Many Blessings…
~~waterbird~~

WaterbirdLEVEL 98

TODAY’S TURNING POINT
SEPTEMBER 23rd, 2018
DR. DAVID JEREMIAH

LIFE IS WHAT YOU MAKE IT - MAKE WAVES (for growth)

Let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart.
Galatians 6:9

Ever heard of Karl Friedrich Gützlaff? He was the first Lutheran missionary to China, and he died in 1851 in Hong Kong at age 48, shattered by disappointment. But the ministry he formed later sent out J. Hudson Taylor, who opened the interior of China to the Gospel. And Gützlaff’s writings touched a British doctor, David Livingstone, who later opened the interior of Africa to the Gospel. Gützlaff died with a sense of failure, yet his work created ripple effects resulting in waves of missionary growth on two continents.

Sometimes we need to make some waves if we’re going to create ripple effects that outlive us. Even when disappointed with visible results, we must remember God’s promise—if we sow bountifully we will reap bountifully.

Discouragement is from the devil. Our job is to keep walking and working by faith. If we keep splashing around in the work God has given us without losing heart, we’ll make some waves for His glory and the ripples will reach all the way to the heavenly shore.

A SINGLE THOUGHT …

Discouragement cannot have its source in God…discouragement comes from an evil source.
Hannah Whitall Smith

WaterbirdLEVEL 98

THE PILGRIM’S PRGRESS
~~A Safe Place ~~
OVERCOMER
SEPTEMBER 23rd, 2018

THE OVERCOMER’S CHARACTER
David was the youngest of his brothers; the three oldest had joined Saul’s army to fight the Philistines. David ended up in the Israelite army camp because his father, Jesse had sent him to deliver food for the three older boys. Strangely, David had been anointed to be the next king by Samuel, but Saul was still reigning. David had served as a musician in Saul’s court but had returned home while the king was at war. David left the care of his father’s sheep to another shepherd and set off for the Israelite camp with supplies for his brothers. Overcomers take care of their responsibilities.

THE CONVICTION OF DAVID

The first time David saw Goliath come out to taunt the Israelite army, he couldn’t believe no one was answering the call to fight (1 Samuel 17:26+). David learned that the king had promised riches, no taxes, and his daughter in marriage to the man who could kill Goliath. As the king, Saul should have accepted Goliath’s challenge himself, but his leadership capacity was diminished. He cowered in fear with the rest of the soldiers. So, David stepped forward.

THE COURAGE OF DAVID

David’s older brother, Eliab, rebuked David for his interest in the reward for killing Goliath. Eliab accuses David of insolence and pride. But David refocused the conversation on the true issue: God is being mocked because no one will confront the pagan giant, Goliath. Overcomers must always be prepared to accept criticism from those who lack courage to do the right thing.

THE CONFIDENCE OF DAVID

When David volunteered to fight the giant, Saul summoned the teenage shepherd. At first, Saul tried to talk David out of fighting the giant – a shepherd boy against a seasoned, giant warrior. But David would not be deterred; he knew that victory was in God’s hands. Size and strength were not the issue in battle. Trusting in God was. Seeing that David was determined, Saul gave him his own armor to wear. But it was so big David saw that it would encumber him in the fight, so he discarded it.

Three words describe Goliath’s physical attributes: size, sight, and shout. But David’s characteristics were all spiritual in nature: character, conviction, and confidence. Overcomers are always defined by their spiritual traits.

Dr. David Jeremiah

TDCLEVEL 103

Reply by TDCSNAP-STAR

WaterbirdLEVEL 98

Hello Sweet Sheri...
So Happy to see you pop by...
Pray you have been being blessed this last while...
Hope your having a WONDERFUL Sunday...
Thank you so much for the LOVELY banner you shared today...
Hugs and Much Love i send to you....

Hello My Friends…
Pray your being Blessed Today….
Back outside now…. Here are a row of
Heirloom fruit trees… Apricot.. Canning Pear,
Eating Pear, Italian Plum and clear at the
Bottom the Honey Crisp Apple where Cubby
The Bear came and ate 40 pounds of fruit off it
And broke the middle out of it…

My wired cabbage patch…

Cage of Fruit trees… apples and cherries that were
Started two years ago….

Thanks for visiting…. Have a Blessed day

More pics Tomorrow…..

WaterbirdLEVEL 98

THE PILGRIM’S PRGRESS
~~A Safe Place ~~
LOOKING FOR THE SAVIOR
SEPTEMBER 24th, 2018

THE WORD OF GOD WILL CONTRO YOUR WALK

Notice Psalm 119:11 “Your word I have hidden in my heart, That I might not sin against You!” Psalm 37:31 says, “The law of his God is in his heart; None of his steps shall slide.” In the flyleaf of D.L. Moody’s Bible were discovered the words, “This book will keep me from sin, or sin will keep me from this book.” I don’t know if those words originated with D.L. Moody or not, but they are 100 percent accurate. If we allow the Bible into our lives, then our lives will be kept from sin. I don’t mean sinless perfection, but as a way of life we will not be practicing sin. But if we sin by ignoring the Word of God, our walk will go in the direction of further sin. Either way the Bible plays a critical role in the direction of our Christian walk – either toward holiness or away from it.

THE WORD OF GOD CUASES YOU TO GROW

It is impossible to grow as a Christian without a steady diet of the Word of God. When the Apostle Paul was departing Ephesus saying goodbye to the elders of the church, he said, “So now, brethren, I commend you to God and to the word of His grace which is able to build you up and give you an inheritance among all those who are sanctified” (Acts 20:32). The Apostle Peter said something similar: “As newborn babes, desire the pure milk of the word, that you may grow thereby” (1 Peter 2:2). These are basic truths which many Christians lean in the early years of walking with Jesus – but which always bear repeating. It is easy to forget that the Word of God is a cause of Christian growth.

THE WORD OF GOD COUNSELS YOUR DECISIONS

Psalm 19:7-8 says: “The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul; the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple; the statutes of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart; the commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes.”

Psalm 743:24 says, “You will guide me with Your counsel, and afterward receive me to glory,” and Psalm 119:105 says, “Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.” When I read the Word of God I am given wisdom from God. If I don’t read the Word of God, I do not get God’s counsel. God counsels me through His Word. Just as the living Word, Jesus Christ, is named “Wonderful, Counselor” (Isaiah 9:6), so the written Word of God is a counselor as well. The plainest, clearest direction from God comes through His word.

Dr. David Jeremiah

WaterbirdLEVEL 98

MORNING ON THE GLOBE
THE PILGRIM’S PROGRESS
SEPTEMBER 24th, 2018

REKINDLE THE FIRE

Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. - James 4:8

Remember when you first got into the Word and were so excited about the things of God? Remember when you could hardly wait to read the next chapter in the Bible or listen to the latest teaching tape? There was only one word to describe you-- HOT! Your reborn spirit was on fire for God.

When Ken and I first heard the message of faith, we were like that. We were so on fire that nothing else in the world interested us. We had learned that we could trust God's Word just like we could trust the word of a close friend, and we were hungry to find out everything He had promised us in His Word.

Back then, it seemed all I did was read God's Word. I read faith books. I listened to tapes. I was dedicated. My total interest was the Word of God.

But slowly that changed. At first I didn't even realize it was happening. Then the Holy Spirit went to work on me and showed me that I had grown lukewarm. I had let the fire die down. I still read the Word, but I had lost my enthusiasm.

Maybe you've had this same experience. If so, I want to tell you how to get the fire back. It worked for me and it will work for you.

God's Word says to draw near to Him and He will draw near to you. In order to do that you will have to first drop the things that are stealing your time from reading the Word. Delight yourself in His Word. Become diligent again. If you will give your attention to the things of God, soon your desire for God will increase. Your desire will follow your attention. The more you attend to something, the more your desire is drawn to give attention to that thing.

I can show you that this is a natural principle. If you play golf, you'll go for months at a time without even thinking about it. Then one day you'll make time in your schedule to go to the course and play a round or two. The next day you may want to play again. Your desire gets stronger and stronger the more you play.

This same thing will happen in the spirit realm. Your soul's desire will follow whatever you spend your time doing. Start building yourself up by praying in the Spirit. Believe and act on everything God says to you. Before long that flicker that's been wavering in your spirit will grow again into an all-consuming FIRE!

SCRIPTURE READING: Revelation 3:13-22

By Gloria Copeland

Good Evening Dear Friends….
Pray your day was Blessed ….
So nice to see the sun for half the day today…
Still is very chilly…. But then it’s fall…
Working on more Juice today as the rest
Of the fruit I picked has ripened…
Won’t be long till Canadian Thanksgiving Oct. 8th..
Tonight begins a Celebration of our Heavenly Father…
Feast of Tabernacles … which goes on all week…
Have a Blessed rest everyone…

WaterbirdLEVEL 98

Edited (at 9:59 AM) reply by WaterbirdSNAP-STAR +1

THE PILGRIM’S PROGRESS
A MORNING PRAYER ….

I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. Ephesians 3: 16-19

In Ephesians, Paul prays for Christ to dwell in the hearts of those who were already God’s “holy people” (1:1). They had already responded to the Gospel in faith…previously accepting Christ into their hearts…
which raises the question … why does Paul pray for this to happen to those who are already Christians?

Maybe Paul would answer the question this way…. once we put our faith in Christ, he dwells in our hearts. Yet, in another sense, his indwelling is something that we need to receive on a regular basis. You and I need to open our hearts to Christ, to ask him to dwell richly in and among us.

In biblical understanding, the heart is not only the place of emotion….
It is the center of our inner lives, the focus of thinking ..willing and feeling. When Christ dwells in our hearts… he teaches us, guides us, and inspires us. Christ will make his presence known whenever we are open to him, whether in the workplace or the classroom, whether among our friends or family members.

Blessed Lord Jesus ...
Please live fully and freely within me today. Make your home in my thoughts, my emotions, my desires, my hesitations. Even as I once invited you to live in my heart, may this be the focal reality of my life today.
In your mighty name i pray.... Amen and Amen ..

Good Morning Dear Ones….
Pray all of you had a Peace-filled rest…
Looks like it rained last night and have got
Heavy dark clouds around and no sun…
Might be in store for more rain today….
Going to try and get everything finished up this week…
Want to introduce some new things on the board here
Starting in October…Now that I will have time to spend here….
It has been quite a spring and summer that I have had with
All of the work load starting with the flooding….
I am glad to be able to say that with the Lord’s Strength and help .. I made it!!!
May you have a Blessed day in all you do …
Hugs and Many Blessings…
~~waterbird~~

WaterbirdLEVEL 98

TODAY’S TURNING POINT
SEPTEMBER 24th, 2018
DR. DAVID JEREMIAH\

GOD'S OR MAN'S?

He said to them, “All too well you reject the commandment of God, that you may keep your tradition.”
Mark 7:9

A simple Twitter survey went viral: What do churches fight about? Respondents sent in numerous examples from their experience: the length of the worship leader’s beard; whether a clock in the worship center should be removed; the color and size of filing cabinets to be purchased; which picture of Jesus to hang in the foyer; whether communion should have cran-grape juice or plain grape juice; the kind of coffee to serve during fellowship hour . . . you can probably add your own.

These “discussions” rarely have biblical precedents. Instead, they are based on traditions: “We’ve always done it this way.” Such arguments were frequent in Jesus’ day. Jesus was once asked by the Pharisees why His disciples didn’t wash their hands before eating (a human tradition, not part of the Jewish law) (Mark 7:5). Jesus answered by pointing out their hypocrisy. They were more concerned about looking righteous than being righteous.

Traditions are fine when they are Bible-based. Keep this in mind as you navigate your own spiritual walk. Whose traditions are they? God’s (2 Thessalonians 2:15) or man’s? Better to obey God than man (Acts 5:29).

A SINGLE THOUGHT …

Hypocrisy is the loudest lie.
George Swinnock

WaterbirdLEVEL 98

THE PILGRIM’S PRGRESS
~~A Safe Place ~~
OVERCOMER
SEPTEMBER 24th, 2018

THE OVERCOMER’S CONQUEST

Obviously, David would have to be involved physically to defeat the giant. He employed his sling, a strategy, and a perfect shot.

DAVID’S SLING

On his way to the plain to meet Goliath, David gathered five smooth stones and put them in the pouch that hung at this side. His only weapon was his sling – a weapon still employed in the Middle East today. Malcolm Gladwell explains the “technology”:

Slingers had a leather pouch attached on two sides by a long stand of rope. They would put a rock or a lead ball into the pouch, swing it around in increasingly wider and faster circles, and then release one end of the rope, hurling the rock forward. Slinging took an extraordinary amount of skill and practice.
But in experienced hands, the sling was a devastating weapon… In the Old Testament Book of Judges, slingers are described as being accurate with a “hair’s breadth.” An experienced slinger could kill or seriously injure a target at a distance of up to two hundred yards.

DAVID’S STRATEGY

Goliath was insulted when he saw who approached him, representing the Israelite army: a young boy!
“Am I a dog, that you come to me with sticks?” he said, and cursed David by his gods. Then he goaded the boy. “Come to me, and I will give your flesh to the birds of the air and the beasts of the field!”
(1 Samuel 17:43-44)

But David replied: “You come to me with a sword, with a spear, and with a javelin. But I come to you in the name of the Lord of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied. This day the Lord will deliver you into my hand, and I will strike you and take your head from you. And this day I will give the carcasses of the camp of the Philistines to the birds of the air and the wild beasts of the earth, that all the earth may know that there is a God in Israel. Then all this assembly shall know that the Lord does not save with sword, and spear; for the battle is the Lord’s, and He will give you into our hands” (1 Samuel 17:45-47).

David’s words infuriated the giant. If David’s God doesn’t come through for him, his life is over.

DAVID’S SHOT

Goliath wasted no time; he advanced toward David to commerce what he thought would be a short contest. And David did the same: He “hurried and ran toward the army to meet the Philistine” (1 Samuel 17:48). From the cliffs it would have been an amazing sight – a young boy sprinting toward a lumbering giant. When David got to the perfect range for his sling, he stopped and put a stone into the sling’s pocket – and let it fly. With years of experience slinging stones at predators of his sheep, David was accurate to the inch. The stone hit Goliath in the forehead and sank into his skull. The giant crashed to the ground, face first. Fulfilling his promise to the giant, David took the huge sword and cut off Goliath’s head. Not the tables turned. Instead of the Israelite army trembling with fear, it was the Philistines who fled when their champion giant suddenly died before their eyes.

Dr. David Jeremiah

TDCLEVEL 103

Reply by TDCSNAP-STAR

WaterbirdLEVEL 98

Edited (at 5:09 PM) reply by WaterbirdSNAP-STAR +1

Hello Dear Sheri...
Thank you for sharing you Monday Blessing Banner with us here....
Pray you are having a day that has been immensely Blessings...
Hugs and Much Love i send to you....

Hello Dear Ones…..
Pray your day has been a blessed one….

Here is the strawberry patch….
Been increasing the plants for the past couple of years…
So I can break it apart next year…
Sell a bunch of plants and put them in rows for bigger fruit production….

More Balsam Trees that are two years old this year…

Here is a very rare old Columbine….

Another I grow and sell the seed from ..

Thanks for visiting…. Pray all of you enjoyed the pics…

Will put more up in a couple of weeks of all the hill.. creek..
And fall colors where I live….

WaterbirdLEVEL 98

THE PILGRIM’S PRGRESS
~~A Safe Place ~~
LOOKING FOR THE SAVIOR
SEPTEMBER 24th, 2018

THE WORD OF GOD WILL CONTRO YOUR WALK

Notice Psalm 119:11 “Your word I have hidden in my heart, That I might not sin against You!” Psalm 37:31 says, “The law of his God is in his heart; None of his steps shall slide.” In the flyleaf of D.L. Moody’s Bible were discovered the words, “This book will keep me from sin, or sin will keep me from this book.” I don’t know if those words originated with D.L. Moody or not, but they are 100 percent accurate. If we allow the Bible into our lives, then our lives will be kept from sin. I don’t mean sinless perfection, but as a way of life we will not be practicing sin. But if we sin by ignoring the Word of God, our walk will go in the direction of further sin. Either way the Bible plays a critical role in the direction of our Christian walk – either toward holiness or away from it.

THE WORD OF GOD CUASES YOU TO GROW

It is impossible to grow as a Christian without a steady diet of the Word of God. When the Apostle Paul was departing Ephesus saying goodbye to the elders of the church, he said, “So now, brethren, I commend you to God and to the word of His grace which is able to build you up and give you an inheritance among all those who are sanctified” (Acts 20:32). The Apostle Peter said something similar: “As newborn babes, desire the pure milk of the word, that you may grow thereby” (1 Peter 2:2). These are basic truths which many Christians lean in the early years of walking with Jesus – but which always bear repeating. It is easy to forget that the Word of God is a cause of Christian growth.

THE WORD OF GOD COUNSELS YOUR DECISIONS

Psalm 19:7-8 says: “The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul; the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple; the statutes of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart; the commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes.”

Psalm 743:24 says, “You will guide me with Your counsel, and afterward receive me to glory,” and Psalm 119:105 says, “Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.” When I read the Word of God I am given wisdom from God. If I don’t read the Word of God, I do not get God’s counsel. God counsels me through His Word. Just as the living Word, Jesus Christ, is named “Wonderful, Counselor” (Isaiah 9:6), so the written Word of God is a counselor as well. The plainest, clearest direction from God comes through His word.

Dr. David Jeremiah

WaterbirdLEVEL 98

MORNING ON THE GLOBE
THE PILGRIM’S PROGRESS
SEPTEMBER 25th, 2018

GOD’S WILL IS LIBERTY

Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. - 2 Corinthians 3:17

Liberty. If you could put the will of God into one word, that would be the word. God wants people to be free. Free from sin, sickness, poverty, oppression and every other curse.

That freedom is what Jesus came to provide. He said, "The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor...to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised" (Luke 4:18). That's what He trained His disciples to do. And if you're a born-again believer, that's what He wants you to do too!

Some people say, "Well, I don't know about that. That may not be God's will for today."

But listen, the Bible says God never changes. He hasn't changed His will for the earth. He doesn't do one thing awhile and then go do another thing awhile. Jesus' life was a perfect picture of God's will 2,000 years ago-- and it still is! That's why He left instructions for us to go and do the works that He did. That's why He sent the Holy Spirit to empower us to do them.

Jesus still wants to do the will of the Father here on earth--but He does it through us. He has to work with us until we're willing to lay down our traditions and let Him do His thing. That's what the early Church did. They started out with a bang because they did as Jesus taught them. Everywhere they went people became free.

Let's pray for the Church of today to deliver the liberty of God to the world. Let's quit questioning the will of God and start carrying it out instead. He said the works that He did we would do also and even greater works (John 14:12). It's time for us to take up where Jesus left off and set the captives free!
SCRIPTURE READING: Isaiah 61:1-11
By Gloria Copeland

Good Evening Dear Ones….
Pray your day was Blessed ….
Was a WONDERFUL sunny day here today….
Spent time outside… watering in the greenhouse…
Picking lettuce and sweet peas for salad…
Making muffins… and typing for the board here….
Pray all of you have a Blessed Peace filled Rest …

willis99LEVEL 105

Reply by willis99PATRON +1

RonnieDm continues to improve! ~ AMEN ~ Page 29 r/b78631f73

Flag

<< Prev