This Pilgrims Progress

This topic is listed in Promotion. It has been viewed 77,939 times and 15,580 replies have been made.

<< Prev  
WaterbirdLEVEL 96

Reply by WaterbirdGOLD +10

All right.. OK.. You Win ... watchandlisten/play/c7aaae1eb

Good Evening Dear Ones….
Pray your day was Blessed….
Spent mine in the Garden and Greenhouse today….
The forecast said it was supposed to snow….
But God Blessed me with a cloudy and a bit of sun today….
Which was wonderful as I ended up doing an 8 hour day out there….
So much to do….
Have a Blessed Evening and a Peace filled Rest sweeties…..
Hugs and Much love to each of you….
~~waterbird~~

MORNING ON THE GLOBE
THE PILGRIM’S PROGRESS
APRIL 16th, 2018

LIVE THE LOVE LIFE

But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in Him. He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked. - 1 John 2:5-6

There is nothing--absolutely nothing--that is more important than learning to love. In fact, how accurately you perfect the love walk will determine how much of the perfect will of God you accomplish. That's because every other spiritual force derives its action from love. For example, the Bible teaches us that faith works by love. And answered prayer is almost an impossibility when a believer steps outside of love and refuses to forgive or is in strife with his brother.

Without love, your giving will not work. Tongues and prophecy will not work. Faith fails and knowledge is unfruitful. All the truths that you have learned from God's Word work by love. They will profit you nothing unless you live the love of God.

First Corinthians 13:4-8 paints a perfect picture of how love behaves. It's patient and kind. It's not jealous or proud. It doesn't behave rudely or selfishly and it isn't touchy. Love "bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things."

Sounds like a tall order, doesn't it? But don't despair. You are a love creature. God has recreated your spirit in the image of love. And He has sent His love Spirit to live in you and teach you how to love as He loves. You can live the love life. Why not begin today?

SCRIPTURE READING: 1 Corinthians 13:1-13

By Kenneth Copeland

~If you have a prayer request.... Please leave it in Waterbird's Message Box~

TDCLEVEL 102

Reply by TDCPATRON +1

WaterbirdLEVEL 96

THE PILGRIM’S PROGRESS
A MORNING PRAYER ….
GOOD MORNING DEAR ONES ….

I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people, and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is the same as the mighty strength he exerted when he raised Christ from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms… Ephesians 1: 18-20

Gracious God ….

We do want to know Your power, the power that raised Jesus from the dead. We do want to experience this power as it continues to transform our lives and as you work through each of us to accomplish Your purposes on earth.

Help us, Lord, to know you well so that we might know Your power. Help us to live with confidence in Your power. Empower us to do Your bidding, to live for Your glory in every part of life. Give us patience and peace when You choose not to do what we wish You would do. Help us to remain faithful and available.
To you be all the glory! In Your name Jesus …Amen and Amen ….

~~waterbird~~

Hello My Sheri....
So happy to see you drop by ...
and Leave us a WONDERFUL banner today....
May you be Blessed beyond Belief today in all you do....
Hugs and Much Love i send to you....

Good Morning My Dear Friends….
Pray you are being Blessed abundantly today….
It is an inside day for me today….
Cold .. wet and rainy outside…..
I need a bit of break today….
Too much work yesterday….
Pray all of you have a Blessed day….
Hugs and Much love….
~~waterbird~~

Daily Reports Storms and Weather Patterns on our Planet as well as Solar and earthquake activity……http://www.suspicious0bservers.org

WaterbirdLEVEL 96

TODAY'S TURNING POINT
APRIL 16th, 2018
DR. DAVID JEREMIAH

DOCUMENTATION

Not everyone who says to Me, “Lord, Lord” shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.
Matthew 7:21

Documentation—it’s everywhere. Your workplace may require you to wear an I.D. tag. If you are traveling to a foreign country, you have to show a passport. If you’re entering a foreign country for an extended stay, you have to produce a visa. You can’t just tell a policeman, “I’m a licensed driver”—you have to show your license.

In other words, in much of life your word is insufficient. And neither will it be sufficient at the gates of heaven. In a discussion of false prophets and bad fruit, Jesus said that just saying “Lord, Lord” will not provide access to the kingdom of heaven. You must have documentation—evidence that you have lived a life consistent with the will of God. That doesn’t mean a life of sinless perfection; it means a life of continuing on a path leading to Christ-likeness. It means evidence that the old, carnal man is being replaced by the new person filled by the Spirit.

Does your spiritual walk document your spiritual talk? Let your life prove the power of the Gospel today.

A SINGLE THOUGHT …

Salvation is only by a working faith. In short, good works are the fruit of saving faith.
R. B. Kuiper

WaterbirdLEVEL 96

THE PILGRIMS PROGRESS “A Safe Place”
THE POWER OF LOVE
APRIL 16th, 2018

HOPE NEVER ALLOWS FACTS TO BE FORGOTTEN

Hope doesn’t deny reality, ignoring the facts of the matter. That would be foolish. Indeed. Love-=based hope lives in the presence of facts and reality and remains focused on God and His ability instead of man’s limited ability.

Jesus never failed to impart hope to people in spite of their difficult circumstances. The Samaritan woman, the woman taken in adultery, the thief on the cross – all were helped and given reason to hope. Even in His parables, hope was a theme: The prodigal son, the lost sheep and coin, and other parables had a theme of hope. Jesus didn’t deny reality or the facts. He used them as a way to direct and define hope in that particular situation. Even Jesus, “for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame” (Hebrews 12:2). Jesus had hope in the midst of His won persecution and crucifixion.

Someone has written, “Love does not hope all things by juggling the evidence of the senses. It does not try to convince itself that the thief is honest or the prostitute is pure or the worldly person heavenly minded. But love grapples to its soul with the fact that every man was made for honesty, and purity, and the heavenly vision; and where it cannot find room for its faith in the sad realities of the hour, love slips its hand into the hand of hope and carries its faith onward to the holy arena of good and holy possibility.” Love hopes even in the midst of hopelessness. When love runs out of faith, it holds on to hope.

HOPE NEVER ALLOWS FAILURE TO BE FINAL

In the Old Testament we find God never closing the curtain on the nation of Israel regardless of her failures. The book of Judges is a concise example: seven cycles of sin and discipline that Israel experienced, all the while remaining the people of God. Even when God banished Israel and Judah into exile, Romans 9-11 teaches us that God clearly is not finished with Israel. And just as the prophets foretold, Israel has been called back together as a nation in our lifetime to fulfill the promises of God.

Jesus wouldn’t allow Peter’s failure to be final, nor would Paul allow the Corinthians’ many failures to end their future as a church. Love never allows failure to be final.

Dr. David Jeremiah

WaterbirdLEVEL 96

APRIL 16th, 2018
4 WAYS TO TAKE BACK YOUR PEACE

4. Love Others—Even When They Don’t Deserve It
“Love never fails.” –1 Corinthians 13:8 (NKJV)

Love never fails. That sounds like the key to guaranteed victory! Love for God, love for others—those are the two greatest commandments in the Bible. Sounds simple, but it can be a struggle for many of us.

Why is it so important to walk in love? Because someone will steal your peace if you don’t. If you’ve been making great strides in your faith—spending time in God’s Word, standing on His promises, and confessing His truth over your life, Satan will take notice. He’s going to try and take that from you (he comes to steal, kill and destroy). How? He’ll use circumstances, and he will also use people. He knows people have a way of really throwing a wrench in our day, our peace and our joy. If he can send someone to ruffle your feathers and throw you off course—he will. Your job is to not take the bait.

Strife is the enemy of peace. Unforgiveness is venom to a contented life. The antidote? Walking in love.

Looking for A Prayer to Live in Total Peace? Find it here.

What is walking in love?

Jesus said, in John 13:34, (NIRV): “Love one another, just as I have loved you.” That’s a powerful love. One that forgives even the worst sin, one that shows mercy and grace—even when we don’t deserve it.

How can you love others—even when they don’t deserve it?

First Corinthians 13:4-7 is a great place to start. Try working through each characteristic mentioned in these verses one at a time. Start with “Love is patient” (verse 4). Ask God to help you be patient with those around you. Spend the week meditating and focusing on patience. It’s all right if you mess up along the way—you can ask for supernatural help! When you focus on loving others through patience, you’ll be amazed at how quickly you begin to change. Then, move to “love is kind” the next week. One by one, move through each one until you’ve renewed your mind to walking in love. While others will enjoy the new you, you’ll benefit the most!

This will be well worth the effort, because you are not going to have peace in your life without that foundation of love. Peace is built upon love and joy. Galatians 5:22 says that the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness and faithfulness. When you were born again, these fruit were put inside you, but you have to make the decision to grow them and let them out.

Walking in love is a decision. It’s a decision that will bring you great peace. You decide.

When you start operating in these truths—expecting every promise, refusing to worry or fear, listening to your inner witness, and walking in love—you will take back your peace and keep it for good. You can live the life most people only dream of. The thief has been found—now go get back your peace!

Kenneth Copeland

WaterbirdLEVEL 96

THE GRACE OF GIVING …..
APRIL 16th, 2018

WHEN WE TITHE, WE PRAISE GOD’S NAME

Tithing is just another way to honor God, and when we honor Him we bring praise to Him. When we obey God’s Word, we honor and praise God’s Name. And Proverbs 3:9 says to “honor the Lord with your possessions.”

Every time we do something out of the ordinary for the sake of another, we honor that person. That’s why, in our church, we sometimes have people walk to the front of the sanctuary and present their offerings to God. It adds another aspect to our giving to God when we physically bring our offerings to Him stead of putting them in an offering plate that passes by in front of us. Many physical gestures indicate honor, like rising when someone comes in the room, or holding the door for another. Physically presenting our gifts and offerings to God is another way to praise and honor Him.

WHEN WE TITHE, WE PERSONALIZE GOD’S WORD

Giving is a personal act. God personally gets involved with us when we personally choose to honor Him with our possessions.

The New Testament gives examples of how giving is a personal decision and act. We are exhorted to put aside funds for the Lord on the first day of the week – that is, each Sunday, of the Lord’s Day (1 Corinthians 16:2). Those who are taught the Bible are to personally share their possessions with the one who teaches (Galatians 6:6). The passages on giving in the New Testament are not about corporate giving but personal giving. Everything in our relationship with God is first personal, then family or corporate. The examination we will undergo at the Judgment Seat of Christ will be focused on our personal life. How dis we honor God with our time, talent and treasure? What did we do in this life for Him as opposed to for ourselves? That is not a scare tactic by God, it is simply a reminder that He is interested in conforming individuals to the image of the individual, the Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, He keeps track of all our life, including our giving, on a personal basis. A joyful and prosperous life with God is not based on your church; it is based on your personal decisions in obedience to Him, one of which is tithing.

Dr. David Jeremiah

TDCLEVEL 102

Reply by TDCPATRON +1

WaterbirdLEVEL 96

Hello My Dear Sheri....
Thank you so much for sharing with all of us your Irish Blessing.....
That was really sweet words.....
Pray you and yours have a Blessed Evening....
Hugs and Much Love i send to you ... xox

Good Evening My Precious Friends…….
Pray Our Lord blessed you immensely today….
Well it snowed here most of the day….
So I stayed inside today and worked around the house…
Sorting seeds and figuring out what all to plant….
Spent time on the internet finding out what causes
Joint pain in knees and hips….
And realizing it is many things we eat that when we
Get older you need to cut it out of your diet….
So I learned many things from Doctors today I never knew….
How changing your diet…. You can get rid of inflammation
As well as loose weight… gain more energy and have greater
Overall health….
May all of you have a Blessed Evening Dear Ones….
Will see ya tomorrow…..
Hugs and Many Blessings
~~waterbird~~

MORNING ON THE GLOBE
THE PILGRIM’S PROGRESS
APRIL 17th, 2018

TAKE SOME NEW GROUND

Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven. - Matthew 18:19

As believers, you and I are part of a conquering army, constantly claiming new ground for the kingdom of God. Right?

Well, yes, that's the way it should be. But just about the time the army tops the hill and is ready to advance, it seems that Satan pulls out his big gun--DIVISION--and scatters believers in every direction.

How can we strike back against the strategy of division? By launching an even more powerful attack of our own. By using one of the most powerful resources given us by the Lord Jesus: the prayer of agreement.

Jesus said that if any two of us would agree as touching anything we ask, it shall be done! That statement is so powerful that people can find it hard to believe. If they did, you'd find little groups of Christians huddled up in every corner agreeing together in prayer.

Find someone to agree with in prayer this week. Be sure to base what you pray on the Word of God. You may have differing opinions about everything else, but you can be in agreement about the Word.

Also, be sure your agreement is total--spirit, soul and body. Cast down arguments, theories and imaginations that are contrary to the Word. Take every thought captive to the obedience of Christ. Keep a watch over your thoughts and your words.

Then get your body in line by speaking the thing you've agreed on. Act like you've already received the answer. Don't keep asking but thank God for it. Stay in agreement and take some new ground for the Lord!

SCRIPTURE READING: Acts 4:1-31

By Kenneth Copeland

WaterbirdLEVEL 96

THE PILGRIM’S PROGRESS
A MORNING PRAYER ….

“That power is like the working of his mighty strength, which he exerted in Christ when he raised him from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms, far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every title that can be given, not only in the present age but also in the one to come. And God placed all things under his feet and appointed him to be head over everything for the church, which is his body, the fullness of him who fills everything in every way.” Ephesians 1: 19-23

The Jesus who is our friend is also the One who is seated with God the Father in Heaven, exalted above all other powers in the universe. To borrow language from the book of Revelation, Jesus is “Lord of lords and King of kings” (17:14). The one with whom we speak freely, with whom we share our deepest secrets, is also the one who rules over all creation … making Him utterly worthy of our complete submission and humble worship.

Our passage from Ephesians reminds us that our relationship with Jesus must reflect all who he is. If we relate to him only as a friend, we can easily neglect our duty to submit our lives to him. If we relate to Jesus only as a supreme authority, we easily lose the invitation to know him intimately and to delight in his friendship. This scripture passage encourages us to know Jesus more fully and to offer our lives to him more completely.

Dear Blessed Lord….

What a privilege it is to know you personally. Thank you for revealing yourself to us, for saving us, for knowing us, and even for calling us your friend. All praise and glory be to you, O Christ, because you are enthroned far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every name that is invoked, not only in the present age but also in the one to come. We honor you today as King of kings and Lord of lords. Even as I do so with our lips and thoughts, may we do so with our lives and actions. We pray in Your blessed name… Amen and Amen

~~waterbird~~

Pray all of you are Moving within the Holy Spirit today…
Looks like I am going to have some sun today….
Going to see how much I can get done this afternoon
After it warms up …
Pray all of you have a Blessed day….
Hugs and Much love….
~~waterbird~~

Daily Reports Storms and Weather Patterns on our Planet as well as Solar and earthquake activity……http://www.suspicious0bservers.org

WaterbirdLEVEL 96

TODAY’S TURNING POINT
APRIL 17th, 2018
DR. DAVID JEREMIAH

A LIFE WORTH LIVING

The following day Jesus wanted to go to Galilee, and He found Philip and said to him, “Follow Me.”
John 1:43

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. is credited with observing that life is not worth living until you find something worth dying for. When Jesus called His first disciples in the region of Galilee, they followed Him without knowing very much about Him. But they would all die for Him eventually. Between their calling and their death, they discovered that Jesus was worth living and dying for.

The Christian life begins with a profession of faith, a willingness to follow Jesus. The longer we follow Him, the more we leave our old self behind. We “put off the old man with his deeds” (Colossians 3:9) and “put on the new man which was created according to God, in true righteousness and holiness” (Ephesians 4:24). When we see the old man fading in our memory and the new man becoming the reality of our lives, we realize what following Christ has done. Following Christ changes our lives.

Are you following Christ? If so, is your life changing? Look for markers today that the old is being replaced by the new.

A SINGLE THOUGHT …

The stamp of the saint is that he can waive his own rights and obey the Lord Jesus.
C. S. Lewis

WaterbirdLEVEL 96

THE POWER OF LOVE
APRIL 17th, 2018

THE PATIENCE OF LOVE

There are two primary Greek words for patience. Paul used one of them in verse 4, “love suffers long”; and he uses the other in verse 7, “ endures all things.” The word in verse 7 refers to patience in terms of things rather than people. It was used, for instance, for an army holding its position on the battle field at all costs. Every hardship was to be endured in order to stand fast and not be moved.

Patience in verse 4 refers to not receiving what is due, while patience in verse 7 refers to receiving what is not due – specifically unfair treatment. Love stands firm in spite of how it is treated. It bears, believes, hopes – and then endures regardless. Agape love is not the stuff of Hollywood sentimentality. It is the real stuff of life in the person who is strong like God. It is love that goes into the trenches, lives in the trenches, and comes out unshaken. It is the love that keeps marriage partners together when all seems lost. It is the love that keeps a parent praying and waiting for a prodigal child to return. And it is the love that refuses to give up on a best friend who is struggling to stay on the path of righteousness.

At the end of 1 Corinthians 13 we read that “the greatest … is love” (verse 13). Love is the virtue that bears, believes, hopes, and endures all things. Make sure that it is your greatest virtue – the virtue others see most clearly in you.

Dr. David Jeremiah

DID YOU KNOW??

Sometimes using Bible paraphrases or expanded translations can provide new insights into the meaning of the original test. For 1 Corinthians 13:7, The Living Bible ash, “If you love someone you will be loyal to him no matter what the cost. You will always believe in him, always expect the best of him, and always stand your ground in defending him.” The Message reads, “ puts up with anything, trusts God always, always looks for the best, never looks back, but keeps going to the end.” And the Amplified Bible says, “Love bears up under anything and everything that comes, is ever ready to believe the best of every person, its hopes are fadeless under all circumstances, and it endures everything {without weakening].” *-*

TDCLEVEL 102

Reply by TDCPATRON +1

WaterbirdLEVEL 96

Hello My Sheri....
Pray your having a Blessed Day....
Thank you so much for popping in....
It is always so Wonderful to see you....
Hugs and Much Love...

APRIL 17th, 2018
HOW TO ACTIVATE FULLY PERSUADED FAITH

No matter what your need is today—finances, healing, promotion or a miracle in your family—only one thing is needed to bring it to pass: fully persuaded faith. The good news? You can activate your fully persuaded faith today and start taking what rightfully belongs to you.

What kind of faith does it take to move the mountains in your life? The money you need, the healing you’re seeking, the family restoration you desire so deeply…what kind of faith will deliver it into your hands?

Fully persuaded faith. What is fully persuaded faith?
It is highly developed faith—the kind that cannot be moved and always takes the victory. It takes possession of everything that grace has made available and doesn’t leave anything on the table.

When you find out what it means to be fully persuaded, and what it takes to stay that way, your whole life will change. When you look past your circumstances, take God at His Word, and obey without hesitancy, you will activate fully persuaded faith and see manifested victory every day.

1. LOOK PAST YOUR CIRCUMSTANCES

“And being not weak in faith, he considered not his own body.” –Romans 4:19 (KJV)

Have you ever noticed when you begin to stand on the Word of God, your circumstances seem to cry out all the louder? Symptoms in your body seem stronger than ever, your bank book shouts, “Mayday!” and your family seems to get along even less! Why? If the devil can get you to focus on your circumstances, or what seems real in the natural, he has your eyes right where he wants them—off the Word of God.

He knows if you’re looking at natural circumstances, that is likely what you’ll speak. And whatever comes out of your mouth is what will come to pass. That’s spiritual law. So, whatever has come out of your mouth in the past is what you’re living right now.

You might say, “Well, I don’t believe that.” Not believing it doesn’t make it any less true. A law is a law. At one time, people didn’t know what gravity was. They had all kinds of ideas that you could fall off the earth in one place or another—they really believed that. But just believing it didn’t make it true, because there is a law of gravity. Spiritual law brought that law into existence, and it’s the same spiritual law that gives your words power.

Abraham received the promises of God again and again, because he was fully persuaded and refused to look at his natural circumstances. When God promised to make him the father of many nations, he didn’t consider his own body, his feelings or the medical facts. He only considered what God had said. He was fully persuaded.
Another great example is the time when Smith Wigglesworth went to visit a church member whose family member had recently passed away. Smith and his wife went to pay their respects. When they arrived, there were two glass French doors separating the entry from the parlor. Behind the glass doors was the dead man lying in the coffin. Smith walked in, didn’t say hello to anyone—just opened the glass doors, walked up to the coffin, yanked the lid open, and pulled the man out of the box. He stood him in the corner, pointed his finger at him, and said, “In the Name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, walk!” The man slid down the wall. He went over, caught him by the suit, picked him back up and said, “I said, walk!” He slid down on the floor again.

Finally, Mr. Wigglesworth went over, picked him up, threw him in the corner and said, “I said, walk!” And the two of them came walking out of the parlor, shouting, praising and glorifying God.

That’s the definition of looking past circumstances and being fully persuaded!

Kenneth Copeland

WaterbirdLEVEL 96

THE GRACE OF GIVING …..
APRIL 17th, 2018

WHEN WE TITHE, WE PRACTICE GODLINESS

There’s nothing in the Bible that tells me whether or not I should wear a robe when I preach. I don’t but some pastors do. It’s their choice. Not is there anything in Scripture about having a Wednesday night prayer meeting – or many other parts of our church life and traditions. Therefore, Christians have latitude in these areas. But not wo when it comes to tithing. In that area, I know exactly what God expects. He wants me to set aside the tithe of everything He give me, and He wants the same for every believer. It’s hard to read the Bible and come to any other conclusion.

Godly people are those who obey the Word of God. Our sanctification (our progress in becoming like Jesus Christ) is only accomplished when we obey the Word in the power of the Holy Spirit. The only way to truly measure godliness is in terms of obedience to God’s commands. Obedience is the path which even Jesus had to walk, for He “learned obedience by the things which He suffered” (Hebrews 5:8).

I remember wrestling with an issue of obedience to God when Donna and I were called to the church I now pastor in California. For twelve years we had been at a church we started in another state, and I was wrestling with whether to leave that church and move our family to San Diego. To be honest, I didn’t really want to leave the church we had spent more than a decade building. But my wife had heard God more clearly than I had (or, rather, had responded more obediently than I had) and said she didn’t think I would go if God Himself appeared personally and told me it was His will. That got my attention – and we moved to California.

The joy and blessing we have experienced in our current ministry lets me know we did the obedient thing. And beginning to tithe is like that. It’s a challenging decision, and many things will tell you you’re not hearing God right. But the blessing you experience after you begin to obey God will confirm in your heart that you have done the right thing. And your maturity in the Lord will deepen.

Dr. David Jeremiah

WaterbirdLEVEL 96

Good Evening My Beloved Friends…….
Pray all of you had a Blessed Day….
Managed to get all of my Italian Garlics Planted
Along with a Bed of Yugoslavian Garlics as well….
A couple dozen or so Baby Heirloom Strawberry plants….
Pulling up crab grass in an Miniature Iris Bed….
Lots of work to do….
Have a Blessed Rest Everyone….
Hugs and Many Blessings
~~waterbird~~

MORNING ON THE GLOBE
THE PILGRIM’S PROGRESS
APRIL 18th, 2018

NO OFFENSE

He that loveth his brother abideth in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him. - 1 John 2:10

Whenever you find yourself stumbling into failure or sin, check your love life. Sit down with the Lord and ask Him to show you if you're in strife with anyone or if you've taken offense. If you have, the devil can come in and trip you up.

As a preacher, I've seen that happen countless times. I'll be preaching about something and some believer will get upset with me about it. He'll decide I'm wrong and go off in a huff--and first thing you know, he's in trouble.

Mark 4:17 tells us the devil uses those kinds of offenses to steal the Word from our hearts. He causes us to get crosswise with each other. Then he's able to pull the plug right out of us and drain the Word like water from a bucket.

Don't ever let that happen to you. If you hear a preacher or another believer saying something that rubs you the wrong way and you catch yourself getting offended say, "Oh no you don't. You're not stealing the Word out of me, you lying devil." Then get right down on your knees and repent before God.

Search the Word and listen to the Spirit within you and find out what you should do. If you still feel what that person said to you was wrong, pray for him.

Remember, taking offense never comes from God. He says we're to be rooted and grounded in love. So reject those feelings of offense. Give yourself to that person in love and in prayer. You'll be able to walk right on through that situation without ever stumbling at all.

SCRIPTURE READING: 1 John 2:1-11

By Kenneth Copeland

WaterbirdLEVEL 96

THE PILGRIM’S PROGRESS
A MORNING PRAYER ….

“If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without fault and it will be given to you.” James 1:5

O Dear Lord ….

When times get hard and life gets us down….we ask that You bestow Your wisdom upon us. Let us not lean on our own knowledge …. Let us hear Your voice … Give us the discernment to hear Your voice and Your voice alone. Speak to us in the way You know we will hear you best.
We also pray for Your Will, Lord … We give You the praise and the glory in our circumstances because we know that we are exactly where You want us to be. We know this is to teach us something or to help us to grow. No matter what, we trust you and ask You to show what is best in every situation in our lives. In Jesus Name we pray…. Amen and Amen …..

~~waterbird~~

Pray all of you have a Blessed day..
Hugs and Much love….
~~waterbird~~

WaterbirdLEVEL 96

TODAY’S TURNING POINT
APRIL 18th, 2018
DR. DAVID JEREMIAH

PROFITABLE

Blessed are You, O Lord! Teach me your statutes.
Psalm 119:12

Most of us develop proficiency in some area of life. Schoolteachers master their subjects. Investors grasp the ins and outs of the stock market. Mechanics learn their way around engines. Baristas learn to make the perfect caramel macchiato.

Christians should become proficient with God’s Word, for the moment we trust Christ as Savior, we enter the school of Scripture. We hear it being taught and preached; we read books about it; but most of all, we spend time reading it line by line, precept upon precept, word upon word. The Bible may seem confusing at first, but the more we study it, the clearer it becomes.

As we read the Bible as seen in 2 Timothy 3:16, we learn more about God’s truth (doctrine). We learn what we’re doing wrong (reproof). We often read a passage about how we can live better (correction). And much of the Bible simply helps us grow to be more like Christ (instruction in righteousness).

Perhaps we should trade in some television or social media time for serious Bible study. It’s more profitable!

A SINGLE THOUGHT …

The Scriptures contain the deep things of God, and therefore, can never be sufficiently searched into by a careless, superficial, cursory way of reading them, but by an industrious, close, and humble application.
George Whitefield

WaterbirdLEVEL 96

THE POWER OF LOVE
APRIL 18th, 2018

LOVE’S POWER OVER TIME 1 Corinthians 13:8

In this lesson we learn why God’s love never fails.
Something is wrong. The Christian community should be manifesting the most enduring love to be found on earth. But marriages fail, scandals surface, and believers argue. Perhaps Christians are not manifesting God’s love after all. The Bible says that God’s love never fails – never.

1. Love Never Fails Because God Never Fails – and God is Love

2. Love Never Fails Because Christ Never Fails – and Christ is Love

3. Love Never Fails When It Is God’s Love

First Corinthians is a letter written to what was, unfortunately, a carnal church. They were relatively young in the Lord, had no New Testament to use as a source of guidance and instruction, and were dependent on traveling teachers, apostles, and Paul’s letters to help them learn about life in the kingdom of God. They had a long way to go.

The Corinthians were divisive, materialistic, morally lax, and prideful in spiritual matters. The one clear message from the book of 1 Corinthians is that a carnal church, a divided church, a worldly church, an indulging church, a compromising church will never be able to effectively proclaim a spiritual message. God could not use the church at Corinth in the way He wanted to use them because they were filled with selfish motivation.

The purpose for the Corinth church was to reach the city of Corinth. But there was more of Corinth in the church than the church in Corinth. It is not hard to understand why Paul included a chapter on love in his first letter to the Corinthians. They had become carnal in so many ways that they needed to understand that love is the transforming characteristic of every aspect of the Christian life. Chapter 13 is positioned in between two chapters dealing with spiritual gifts because of how unloving the Corinthians were acting with regard to the gifts. But love is not just for spiritual gifts, - it is the defining characteristic of all who follow Christ (John 13:35).

In verse 8 of 1 Corinthians 13, Paul turns from the characteristics of love to the enduring permanence of love in contrast to the temporary nature of spiritual gifts: “Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away.” Paul wants them (and us) to focus on what is most important, that being love.
To be cont’d ….

Dr. David Jeremiah

WaterbirdLEVEL 96

APRIL 18th, 2018

2. TAKE GOD AT HIS WORD

“And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform.” –Romans 4:21 (KJV)

Most of us truly desire to believe—fully believe—God’s promises. We want to receive them, we want to be fully persuaded. Yet, often, the battle is on to defeat unbelief and walk in that perfect faith that doesn’t doubt for a moment.

So, how do you get to the place where you are fully persuaded?

If it came by praying for it, Jesus would have said so. But it doesn’t. You have to reach out and take it. The kind of faith you need comes only one way: by hearing the Word of God. You can’t feel it coming. If you’re trying to recognize it by the way you feel—you’ll miss it.

Being fully persuaded means you know that something is God’s will for you. How do you know if something is God’s will? By whether it happens or not? No. The Word of God is the will of God. All the promises of God are yes and amen. So why would God promise you something that was not His will for you to have?

When you’re fully persuaded, nothing can keep you from taking God at His Word. No “fact” is bigger than the truth in your mind and spirit, and you cannot be moved.

Abraham never moved from God’s promise that he would be the father of many nations, even when natural circumstances continued to challenge the promise after Isaac’s birth.

By faith Abraham, when God tested him, offered Isaac as a sacrifice. He who had embraced the promises was about to sacrifice his one and only son, even though God had said to him, “It is through Isaac that your offspring will be reckoned.” –Hebrews 11:17-18 (NIV)

When you take God at His Word, if you see or feel something that is opposite from the Word, you will not be moved by it because you are moved only by God’s Word. You see, Abraham wasn’t “trying” to believe God—he wasn’t just mentally assenting to it. He had immersed himself in God’s Word until that Word was more real to him than the things he could see.

If you don’t have that kind of faith for healing or finances or anything else right now, then stay in the Word until you get it! After all, “faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God” (Romans 10:17, KJV). Read, study, meditate, listen to good, faith-filled teaching EVERY DAY until God’s Word about your situation is more real to you than the circumstances you can see with your natural eyes. Keep on keeping on until, like Abraham, you don’t stagger at the promise of God through unbelief, but grow strong in faith as you give praise and glory to God (Romans 4:20, KJV).

Being fully persuaded does not come by experience in the natural—it comes from being rooted and grounded in the Word of God.

Kenneth Copeland

WaterbirdLEVEL 96

THE GRACE OF GIVING …..
APRIL 18th, 2018

WHEN WE TITHE, WE PARTICIPATE IN GOD’S WORK

When we “bring all the tithes into the storehouse” (Malachi 3:10) we participate in God’s work. While there is disagreement over the concept of storehouse tithing – whether 100 percent of one’s tithe should be given to one’s church or not – here’s what it means for sure: Individuals bringing their gifts together create a community of believers, a body, by which God’s work gets done. Investing in anything creates a sense of ownership and heightened accountability, and that happens when we tithe to God’s work.

If you are not tithing already, let me encourage you to begin – not because I say so but because the Word of God teaches it. And if you are already tithing, ask God if He wants you to do more. Giving is personal, and God will direct those who are ready to obey.

Dr. David Jeremiah

DID YOU KNOW ??

The storehouse into which tithes were to be brought was actually a series of storage rooms built into the temple, along the sides of the sanctuary. Into these store rooms was brought the tithe from the people of Israel, which was then distributed by the Levites for sacrificial purposes, their own welfare, and for other needs. God promised if Israel brought her tithes, to the temple (the storehouse) that He would pour out so much blessing that the storage rooms in the temple would not be able to hold the tithe which would be brought. (For reference to the storage rooms in the temple, see 1 Kings 7:51;
2 Chronicles 31: 11-12; Nehemiah 13:12).

WaterbirdLEVEL 96

Pray all of you had a Blessed Day….
Mine was busy in the garden most of the day….
Realized I had all of these baby Saskatoon bushes
That had grown up from the Big Ones I have…
So I dug them all out and potted them to sell next year….
Pray all of you have a Blessed Rest ….
Hugs and Many Blessings
~~waterbird~~

MORNING ON THE GLOBE
THE PILGRIM’S PROGRESS
APRIL 19th, 2018

THROW OPEN THE DOOR

Jesus sat over against the treasury, and beheld how the people cast money in.... And there came a certain poor widow, and she threw in two mites.... And he called unto him his disciples, and saith unto them...this poor widow hath cast more in, than all they which have cast into the treasury: For all they did cast in of their abundance; but she of her want did cast in all that she had, even all her living. - Mark 12:41-44

Have you ever wanted to get God's attention? You can, you know. There's a certain kind of boldness, a certain kind of faith in giving that will get His attention every time. You can see that in Mark 12.

Read that chapter and just imagine the situation it describes. Jesus was sitting by the treasury watching as people put in their offerings. Don't you know there were some sanctimonious displays going on with Him there watching? There was bound to be plenty of pharisaical robe swishing as those wealthy leaders walked up to put in their gifts that day.

Right in the middle of it all, this poor widow walked up and threw in her offering. I can just see her in my mind's eye. I can hear her say to herself, "By the eternal Almighty God that liveth, I've had enough of this poverty. I'm fed up with having nothing but want. I may just be a poor widow now, but I'm not going to be a poor widow anymore. I'm going to be a broke widow if God doesn't do something here because I'm giving Him everything I've got!"

Then, wham! She threw that last little dab of money she had into the offering.

Do you know what? That got Jesus' attention. He said, "Listen, everybody. I want to talk to you about this woman," and He started to preach.

What moved Jesus wasn't just the fact that she gave. It was how she gave. She gave in faith--not in fear. She didn't stop and calculate what she didn't have and say, "Boy, if I do this, tomorrow I won't eat." She just boldly threw in all she had, expecting God to take care of her in return.

You and I need to catch hold of that same attitude. We need to start holding our offerings up to the Lord in confidence, throwing it boldly into His service, expecting His blessings in return.

If you have a need right now, get God's attention by giving with boldness like that widow woman did. Throw open the door of your household by throwing everything you have at Jesus. Let God know that He is your source. Before long, the abundance of God will come pouring in!

SCRIPTURE READING: Mark 12:28-44

By Kenneth Copeland

TDCLEVEL 102

Reply by TDCPATRON +1

What an inspiration she was to us all! I pray more little girls today grow into the example of strength, courage and integrity she has left behind!

TDCLEVEL 102

Reply by TDCPATRON +1

WaterbirdLEVEL 96

Edited (at 10:17 AM) reply by WaterbirdGOLD +10

Good Morning Sweet Sheri....
Thank you so much for sharing your Banners with us....
It was all such an inspiration...
Pray You and Yours Have an Immensely Blessed Day....
Hugs and Much Love i send to you...

WONDERFUL WORDS OF WISDOM
ANDREW WOMMACK
APRIL 19th, 2018

“He that getteth wisdom loveth his own soul: He that keepeth understanding shall find good.”
Proverbs 19:8

I’ve said this many times, and it’s repeated throughout Proverbs, but wisdom, knowledge, and understanding don’t just fall on us from heaven, and we aren’t naturally born with them. Second Timothy 2:15 says we have to “study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.” It takes effort, so if we love ourselves, we should put effort into gaining wisdom because that’s what causes us to prosper. Yet the average person would rather play, take time off, or goof off than pursue these things. But this verse is telling us that if we don’t pursue it, we won’t get it. This is putting a priority on wisdom, and if we love ourselves,. We’ll find that wisdom will benefit us much more than goofing off will.

LIVING COMMENTARY Proverbs 19:8

Wisdom is good for us and blesses our souls. Understanding produces good in our lives. Why wouldn’t anyone want these things? Most people do want their souls to prosper and to find good. They just don’t believe that wisdom and understanding will take them there. The serpent convinced Adam and Eve that they would prosper and be better off if they rejected God’s wisdom and understanding (Genesis 3: 1-6). Satan has been doing the same thing ever since (2 Corinthians 11:3).

Pray all of you have a Blessed day..
Mine is going to be busy all day in the garden….
I am making progress…. Slowly but surely….
Hugs and Much love….
~~waterbird~~

WaterbirdLEVEL 96

Edited (at 10:19 AM) reply by WaterbirdGOLD +10

TODAY’S TURNING POINT
APRIL 19th, 2018
DR. DAVID JEREMIAH

READ AND MARK

The entrance of Your words gives light.
Psalm 119:130

Okay, you want to begin studying God’s Word, but you don’t know how to begin. Try the read and mark method. Find a newer version of the Bible and a pencil. Open to a manageable book, like Matthew, Philippians, or Proverbs. Ask the Lord to speak to you, then read the first paragraph. Look for something to underline, circle, or highlight. Read the next paragraph and do the same. Is there a truth to learn? A promise to claim? A prayer to echo? A command to obey?

If a verse confuses you, put a question mark by it. If it thrills you, use an exclamation mark. If you find a verse to memorize, circle it and spend time working on it, word by word. When you finish a book, go to another.

If you have a study Bible (like The Jeremiah Study Bible), the notes will help you understand the text. Don’t grow discouraged. The more you study, the more you learn; the more you learn, the more you’ll want to read—and mark.

A SINGLE THOUGHT ….

I have carried one Bible with me a great many years. It is worth a good deal to me, and I will tell you why: I have so many passages marked in it.
D. L. Moody

WaterbirdLEVEL 96

THE POWER OF LOVE
APRIL 19th, 2018

SPIRITUAL GIFTS….
Not only are spiritual gifts temporary, they are incomplete (verses 9-10): “For we know in part and we prophesy in part” (verse 9). We gain only partial knowledge and insight from spiritual gifts in this life; but when Christ comes, we will have knowledge that is complete. We will no longer need gifts that manifest Christ through us for we will have Christ Himself. One poet has written about the permanence of love this way:

When he tale hath finished,
Knowledge hath withered from the trembling tongue,
Love shall survive and love be undiminished,
Love be imperishable, love be young.

Paul is saying that there will never come a time when love will be incapable of performing what is was originally intended to accomplish. It is the one power in this life that is self-generating. It is the one reality in time that goes into eternity unchanged. Love will never need to be transformed into something better because Love is the best. It can’t be improved. Because it is eternal – heaven will be filled with God’s love forever – it is already complete.

When Paul says that “love never fails,” he uses the Greek verb pipto, a word that means to fall down, collapse, or fall in value. When we look at the examples of how “love” in this world falls apart and loses its value, it is evident that the world does not love with God’s agape love since God’s love never, ever fails. Even when Christians love with God’s love in this life, it comes to and end when parents pass away or we lose other loved ones in an untimely manner. But that does not mean God’s love has failed, for it is eternal. The human object of our love may have passed away, but not love itself.

Another poet has written it this way:

When the last day is ended,
And the nights are through;
When the Last sun is buried
In its grave of blue;
When the stars are quenched as candles
And the seas no longer fret,
When the winds unlearn their cunning,
And the storms forget;
When the last lip is palsied,
And the last prayer said,
Love shall reign immortal
While the worlds like dead.

Dr. David Jeremiah

WaterbirdLEVEL 96

Edited (at 5:08 PM) reply by WaterbirdGOLD +10

Good Afternoon Everyone....
Pray all of you are having a Blessed Day...

APRIL 19th, 2018

3. OBEY WITHOUT HESITANCY

“By faith Abraham, when called to go to a place he would later receive as his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going.” –Hebrews 11:8 (NIV)

Some people want all the answers before they obey God. They want everything to make sense and feel safe before moving forward. They want to know what they’re getting into. There’s just one problem—that’s not faith!

When God gives an instruction, He rarely gives us the full blueprint of the plan ahead. He expects more. Think of all the people in the faith hall of fame—Hebrews 11—who were given instructions that made no sense in the natural. Noah could have questioned the idea of building a giant ark, using a lot of resources, and risking his reputation, when rain had never before been seen on the earth. Moses could have abandoned the whole exodus plan when Pharaoh said no time and time again. The Israelites could have resisted the order to march around Jericho seven times to get victory, when it didn’t make much sense in the natural.

Yet, each of these faith heroes obeyed God without hesitancy—and they all got the victory. Moving forward without all the answers was the only way they were going to reach their destination—the promises of God.

It may seem safe to sit back and wait to see the full picture, but it can be dangerous both physically and spiritually. That’s where Corrie ten Boom was when she said, “The center of His will is our only safety.”
When the Lord first called Kenneth Copeland into ministry, He instructed him to attend Oral Roberts University in Tulsa, Okla. But Kenneth didn’t want to go back to school, and all he could see was the financial distress he and Gloria were facing.

Common sense told him if they couldn’t make a living working six days a week, they certainly couldn’t survive his going to school. (Common sense will keep you bound to the natural when it’s time to step out in faith.) So, he didn’t obey.

When a pastor friend invited him to lead worship at a church in Houston, he accepted. But as he and Gloria, along with their two small children, headed back to Fort Worth to pack for the move, they were in a terrible car accident.

Kenneth recalled it this way: “You could have named me Jonah. I fit every symptom of Jonah. I was going in another direction and we had this terrible, horrible car wreck. Now don’t you ever get the idea that God brought that car wreck on us. No, no. I brought that car wreck on us.”

Gloria was sick with the flu, and Kellie, just a toddler, was in shock. John was a 4-month-old baby who suffered a broken arm and four broken ribs. As Kenneth sat in the hospital with his family, he began repenting and asking God to forgive him for being a Jonah—one who delayed obedience.

As he repented for his disobedience, he felt the power of the Lord come upon him. As it did, healing came into the room. Baby John finally fell off to sleep, Gloria went to sleep and Kellie went to sleep—all of them peaceful. Right then, he agreed to obey the Lord and go to Tulsa—not Houston.

There’s safety in obeying God, and stepping out of His will can put you in danger. When you’re fully persuaded, you won’t hesitate to follow orders. God is the Master, and when He gives orders, we are to obey them immediately!

That’s the kind of faith that is pleasing to God—to have faith in the One who gives the orders. That’s why Jesus was so impressed by the faith of the centurion in need of healing for his servant.

Jesus said, “I will come and heal him.” But the officer said, “Lord, I am not worthy to have you come into my home. Just say the word from where you are, and my servant will be healed. I know this because I am under the authority of my superior officers, and I have authority over my soldiers. I only need to say, ‘Go,’ and they go, or ‘Come,’ and they come. And if I say to my slaves, ‘Do this, they do it.” (Matthew 8:7-9)
To live fully persuaded, you need to become a person who understands what it means to be under authority—who knows how to obey orders. You are not just a child of God—you’re a soldier in the army of the Lord, and your promotion comes from following orders.
That means we can’t go AWOL (absent without leave) and expect to see a manifestation of THE BLESSING in our lives.

Have you gone AWOL?

Did you go AWOL from a church you were called to be in because they didn’t treat you like you wanted them to? Were you called to be in a certain city, but you didn’t stay or didn’t go? Are you loving others the way you love yourself, and loving fellow believers as God loves them?

If you haven’t been obedient—repent—and get right back where God told you to be, and quickly! The centurion was a man under authority, and who had been given authority. When he said, “Just say the word from where you are, and my servant will be healed,” (Matthew 8:8) his feelings had nothing to do with it! The same goes for you—your feelings don’t have anything to do with your obedience. When God says it—you just obey!

Want to get even stronger in your faith? Try the seven habits of Strong Christians…..

When you look past your circumstances, take God at His Word, and obey without hesitancy, you will activate fully persuaded faith that brings manifested victory every time! You don’t have to live in the here and now, with only what makes sense to the world. You can live a life that supersedes all reason and expectation. You can live in victory!

KENNETH COPELAND

WaterbirdLEVEL 96

THE GRACE OF GIVING …..
APRIL 19th, 2018

FROM GOD TO GOD - Exodus 35:1 - 36:7

In this lesson we discover God’s role in our giving

It’s easy to make unbiblical assumptions about our giving: We earn the money, we decide how much to give, we write out the checks – it seems that giving is centered around us. But in reality, God is involved in every aspect of giving, from providing the resources to receiving the gifts.

1. Our Giving Is Prescribed by God

2. Our Giving is Pre-Arranged by God

3. Our Giving is Presented to God

4. Our Giving is Produced by God
A. The Motivation Is Love
B. The Method is Leadership
C. The Measure is Ability

When the question is asked, “How is God’s work supposed to be supported?” it is not hard to find the biblical answer. God’s work has always been supported the same way – by God’s people. That was true in the Old Testament, throughout the history of the Early Church, and it has not changed.

Two places in the Old Testament display this principle in a unique way. The first is in the collecting of resources for the building of the tabernacle in the wilderness, and the second is in the collecting of resources to build the temple in Jerusalem. I was told just a decade ago that to build the tabernacle would cost in the excess of #10 million. In Exodus 35-36, we have a record of how Moses went about collecting the materials and resources needed for building this first worship center in Israel’s history as a nation.

In Exodus 25-28, we have the blueprint for the tabernacle. In credible detail is provided for the dimensions and materials to be used in construction. But when we get to chapters 35 and 36, we discover the budget. Every building has a blueprint and a budget and the tabernacle did as well. In this case, the blue print was given first, and then the God of unlimited resources provided the budget and instructions on how to raise the funds.

In Exodus 35: 1-19, Moses delivers a speech on collecting materials for the tabernacle, after which a very interesting thing happened in verse 20: “And all the congregation of the children of Israel departed from the presence of Moses.” That probably wasn’t the response Moses was looking for after delivering his first major stewardship sermon! But then we learn (verses 21-29) that they left in order to collect those things which they could bring in response to Moses’ words. They brought all that was needed and the tabernacle was built according to god’s plan.

In this story of the building of the tabernacle we find principles for God’s work being supported by God’s people, both then and now.

Dr. David Jeremiah

WaterbirdLEVEL 96

Pray your day was blessed…
Spent my day pruning fruit trees …
Some were really overgrown….
Can’t tell you what a job it was…
And I only got four done….
Have so many more to do….
Think I will do the pruning every other day….
Pray all of you have a wonderful Peace filled Rest…
Hugs and Many Blessings is send to each of you…
~~waterbird~~

MORNING ON THE GLOBE
THE PILGRIM’S PROGRESS
APRIL 20th, 2018

BE OF GOOD CHEER

And now I exhort you to be of good cheer. - Acts 27:22
What do you do when you're in a really perilous situation?

If you're like I used to be, you cry out to God in desperation. One afternoon when I was squalling to God about something, He interrupted me and said, "Kenneth, did you know I don't hear the cry of My children when they cry out in desperation?"

"What?" I said. "I thought you did."

He said, "No, I hear the desperation cry of a sinner because that's all he can cry about. But once you get born again, son, you ought to be crying out of faith. I hear the faith cry."

What is a faith cry? It's calling things that be not as though they were (Rom. 4:17). It's what the Bible means when it says, "Let the weak say, I am strong" (Joel 3:10).

The Apostle Paul knew how to use the faith cry. That's why in Acts 27 he exhorted the men on that battered, sinking ship to "be of good cheer." He was telling them to start acting by faith. Can't you imagine what those sailors thought when he said that? "Listen to that stupid preacher. We're sinking and he says be of good cheer. We've thrown everything we have overboard and he says be of good cheer."

You may feel just like those sailors did, right now. You may feel like your ship's going down. You may feel like crying out in desperation. But don't do it. Instead, do what Paul said and be of good cheer!

Cry out to God in faith and say, "Lord, I'm not going to panic. I'm not going to despair. I'm going to be of good cheer because Your Word says You'll deliver me from this situation" (Ps. 34:19).

Then start being cheerful. It may take more determination than anything you've ever done before, but God will give you the strength to do it. He'll give you the power to be cheerful in the middle of the most ungodly darkness the devil can bring up.

Instead of crying out in desperation, take a faith stand. Sing and rejoice and praise God for your deliverance. Be of good cheer and you can be sure God will bring you through the storm just fine!

SCRIPTURE READING: Philippians 4:4-9

By Kenneth Copeland

<< Prev