This Pilgrims Progress

This topic is listed in Promotion. It has been viewed 104,759 times and 18,163 replies have been made.

<< Prev  
WaterbirdLEVEL 101

Reply by WaterbirdGOLD

watchandlisten/play/b96655665

THE PILGRIM’S PROGRESS
~~A Safe Place ~~
POWERFUL PRINCIPLES FROM PROVERBS
JUNE 16th, 2019

“FACE - TO - FACE” FRIENDS

The more contemporary way of expressing what I have in mind with this point would be “in-you-face” friends. It is what Proverbs 27:17 suggests, “As iron sharpens iron, so a aman sharpens the countenance of his friend.” An “in-you-face- friend is one who will tackle the tough issues of life with you; someone who is not offended if you disagree with them, and someone who is not afraid to disagree with you. You both have higher goals than agreement. Your goals are maturity, righteousness, wisdom, and becoming all you can for Christ in this life. Face-to-face-friends pursue great goals together: “Therefore let us pursue the things which make for peace and the things by which one may edify another” (Romans 14:19).

Another passage pictures something which i think is part of this kind of friendship. Maliachi 3:16 says, “Then those who feared the Lord spoke to one another, and the Lord listened and heard them.” During a difficult period of time in Israel’s history, godly leaders came together to encourage one another and pursue solutions together. As a result of their actions, “a book of remembrance was written before Him for those who fear the Lord and who meditate on His name” (3:16). Sometimes I like to think that the Lord is looking down from heaven when friends meet together to pursue godly aims and goals - and that He is approving our efforts and desires. Often when I travel and sit down with fellow pastors to discuss the ministry and encourage one another, I believe the Lord is observing and listening to our conversations - and loving it! And I believe He responds the same way when you and a face-to-face friend engage in the same process of building one another up in the Lord.

Dr. David Jeremiah

WaterbirdLEVEL 101

Reply by WaterbirdGOLD

MORNING ON THE GLOBE
THE PILGRIM’S PROGRESS
June 17th, 2019

HANG ON

“So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.” - Isaiah 55:11

Did you know that the battleground for the problem you're facing right now is in your mind and on your lips? If you'll hit the devil with the Word and cast the care of the situation over on God, you'll win.

Let me warn you though, hanging onto the Word isn't always easy. The devil knows that if he doesn't steal it from you, you'll use it to enforce his defeat.

So don't be surprised if he sends an evil spirit to exalt itself against the Word of God. If you're sick, he may begin to tell you, "You're not healed. You know that healing's not for today. Even if it were, it wouldn't work for you. It might work for somebody else but not you."

If he starts to tell you that kind of thing, don't buy it! Don't start worrying around about it and thinking, "Oh my, I'm afraid I'm not going to get healed. I sure don't feel healed. Why, I'm probably going to just get worse and worse...."

Remember this: It's the Word that does the work, not the one holding onto it. It'll work for anybody who'll put it to work. It'll work for you just like it worked for Jesus when He walked the earth.

He told Satan, "It is written!" No matter what the devil tries to tell you, refuse to let go of the Word. Tell him what is written concerning your situation. Let the Word fight its own fight. It'll whip the devil every time.

SCRIPTURE READING: Psalm 19:7-14

By Kenneth Copeland

Good Evening Dear Ones
Pray your day was a Blessed One …
It was a mixed day of weather for me today…
Sun… rain… wind…. Got lots done inside today….
Pray you have a Refreshing rest Dear Ones…
Ready for your Monday and week filled with God’s Blessings…
Hugs and Many Blessings… ~~waterbird~~

~~ Please drop your Prayer Requests into Pastor David’s (nightsongs) message box ~~

WaterbirdLEVEL 101

Reply by WaterbirdGOLD

THE PILGRIM’S PROGRESS
A MORNING PRAYER ….
GOOD MORNING DEAR BELOVED FRIENDS…

“You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you. Trust in the LORD forever, for the LORD, the LORD himself, is the Rock eternal.” Isaiah 26: 34

How do we experience perfect peace? First... we must recognize that it is a gift from God… not something we can produce by our human efforts. Perfect peace is not something we create… but something we receive. We can put ourselves in a position to receive God’s peace by trusting in him. Even in hard times… even when it seems as if God is absent… that is the time we need to lean back into His strong arms.

We open our hearts to God’s peace by fixing our thoughts upon him. We allow the Scripture to reveal God to us in truth. We meditate upon God’s written word… letting it percolate from our minds to our hearts. When we face trial or temptation… we turn our thoughts to the Lord… claiming His goodness and grace. When our lives are filled with peril… we need to remember God’s promises. The more we allow the truth of God to permeate our souls… the less we’ll be troubled by earthly woes… and the more we’ll be ready to receive the gift of perfect peace.

O Gracious Heavenly Father…
i thank you for those times when You have given me the gift of supernatural peace. i remember moments in my life when I was weighed down by grief and worry… yet when i turned to You… You graciously filled my heart with the calm assurance that comes from knowing the living God. How grateful i am!

O Lord… Help me to live in Your peace at all times. Let me trust You fully. May i learn to always focus on You… rather than on that which troubles me. May Your word so fill my mind and heart that I am regularly in a position to receive the gift of Your perfect peace… helping me to be an instrument of Your peace to others… giving away that which You have so generously showered upon me…
i pray in Your blessed name Jesus…. Amen and Amen….

Good Morning Dear Beloved Friends….
Pray your rest was peaceful….
Got up this morning and opened up the drapes...
to a Maxfield Parish Painted Sky....
All i could do is stand there and gaze into it and cry ....
it was so beautiful awe inspiring gorgeous....
Boy.... what a way to start my day... THANK YOU LORD!!!
Pray all of you have an Abundantly Blessed day….
Hugs and Many Blessings to each of you... ~~waterbird~~

Daily Reports Storms and Weather Patterns on our Planet as well as Solar and earthquake activity……http://www.suspicious0bservers.org

WaterbirdLEVEL 101

Reply by WaterbirdGOLD

TODAY’S TURNING POINT
JUNE 17th, 2019
DR. DAVID JEREMIAH

GOD LOVES WHEN WE DON’T

And arose and came to his father. But when he was still a great way off, his father saw him and had compassion, and ran and fell on his neck and kissed him.
Luke 15:20

Many Christians know John Newton wrote “Amazing Grace,” but not all know how the hymn reflects Newton’s own story. Newton was the “wretch” who “was lost” and then “found” by God.

John Newton served on a slave-trading ship as a young man, having turned his back on the God of his youth. As a 23-year-old, the ship he was on was nearly destroyed in a violent storm, during which Newton called out to God to save him—it was the beginning of his conversion to Christ. John Newton is a good example of how God continues to love even those who don’t love Him—just as Jesus illustrated in the famous story of the prodigal son. That rebellious young man turned his back on his father yet found that his father’s love for him had never ceased.

John 3:16 says that God so loved the world—some of whom have rejected Him—that He sent Christ to show the world His love. Whether you love God today or not, He loves you.

A SINGLE THOUGHT

The true measure of God’s love is that He loves without measure.
Anonymous

WaterbirdLEVEL 101

Edited reply by WaterbirdGOLD

THE PILGRIM’S PROGRESS
~~A Safe Place ~~
SIGNS - 31 UNDENIABLE PROPHECIES Vol. II
JUNE 17th, 2019

HIS PURPOSE

Just as the Holy Spirit’s purpose is to exalt the Lord Jesus Christ, so the False Prophet’s purpose is to exalt the Antichrist: “And he exercises all the authority of the first beast in his presence, and causes the earth and those who dwell in it ito worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed” (Revelation 13:12). “As Christ received authority from the Father (Matthew 11:27, so Antichrist receives authority from the dragon (Revelation 13:4), and as the Holy Spirit glorifies Christ (John 16:14), so the false prophet glorifies the Antichrist (Revelation 13:12).”

The False Prophet’s goal is to unite the world in a religious spirit to support the Antichrist. Religious leaders have played a major role in the rise and fall of powers throughout world history. W.A. Criswell has written:

“I do not suppose that in the history of mankind, it has even been possible to rule without religious approbation and devotion … In the days of Pharaoh, when Moses and Aaron stood before the sovereign of Egypt, he called in Hannis and Jambres, the magicians, the religionists of his day, to oppose Jehovah. When Balak, the king of Moab, sought to destroy Israel, he hired the services of Baalim to curse Israel. When Absalom entered his revolutionary scheme to destroy his own father, David, he did so by the wisdom and advice of Ahithophel … Ahab and Jezebel were able to do what they did in Israel, in the debauchery of the kingdom, because they were abetted and assisted by the prophets of Baal.”

Satan does not love Christianity but he loves religion and will use it to inspire the world to worship the Antichrist under the leadership of the False Prophet.

Dr. David Jeremiah

WaterbirdLEVEL 101

Reply by WaterbirdGOLD

The Pilgrim’s Progress “A Safe Place”
SLAYING THE GIANTS IN YOUR LIFE
JUNE 17th, 2019

THE EXAMINATION OF RESENTMENT

We have to discover the meaning of resentment through the back door of the Greek language. The English word is not actually used in the New Testament, but the Greek word logizomai underlies what we refer to as resentment. And example of this is found in a negative context in the great love chapter of the Bible, 1 Corinthians 13. There Paul says that love “thinks no evil” (verse 5).

Logizomai has its roots in the concept of bookkeeping. It means “to calculate” or “to reckon.” Entering a number into a ledger for the purpose of keeping track of it is what is meant by logizomai. The word is used to our benefit when it describes how God does not enter into His ledger a record of the sin of the person who is in Christ (Romans 4:8; 2 Corinthians 5:19). Paul also expressed hope that the failures of some in their actions toward him would not be recorded against them (2 Timothy 4:16)/

While there are many situations in which record keeping is essential, in personal relationships it is not only unnecessary but harmful. Love, Paul says, does not take into account wrongs that are suffered. Love doesn’t write down and keep records of wrongs at every opportunity, to forgive and keep a clean slate.

THE EXAMPLE OF RESENTMENT

We find a sad example of resentment in the Old Testament Scriptures. When King David was dying, he brought Solomon, his son, before him and gave him some instructions. David still bore in his memory resentment over the actions of Joab, one of his military commanders. Joab had unlawfully killed two commanders in the army on the basis of his own resentments, and David had not forgotten it. David had remembered Joab’s actions for years but had never avenged the deaths of his two commanders by killing Joab. So David called Solomon in and corrupted his mind by commanding that Joab not be allowed to die a natural death. In other words, David wanted Solomon to kill Joab (1 Kings 2: 5-6). David had nurtured his resentment for years and finally decided to act on it.

The trouble with resentment is that it is not static - it does not remain the same. Resentment is like a cancer that grows ever so slowly, eating away at the insides of the person who nurtures it. And, like cancer,ultimately other people become involved. Some people say, “If I want to be bitter and resentful, that’s my business.” But, as Hebrews 12:15 points out, bitterness is a root that springs up and defiles many people in the process. Regardless of how benign you think your resentment is, it is not. Resentment is an evil root that is growing daily, waiting only for the opportunity to bring forth its fruit.

Dr. David Jeremiah

WaterbirdLEVEL 101

Edited reply by WaterbirdGOLD

THE PILGRIM’S PROGRESS
~~A Safe Place ~~
JUNE 17th, 2019

FOREVER FRIENDS

Proverbs 17:17 says, “A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.” The best way to determine who your best friends, your forever friends, are is to go through a crisis. Adversity is like a filter - it separates those who are loyal from those who are not. And you cannot tell which are your true friends until adversity appears. In fact, your friends may not even know whether they are loyal friends until they are asked to identify with your suffering. It is easy to be a friend when things are good and pleasant. But the number of people who will stand beside you decreases as the temperature of your crisis goes up.

How does one get that kind of friend? By being one. Proverbs 18:24 says, “A man who has friends must himself be friendly.” How many times have you proven yourself to be a forever friend by sticking close to someone through their time of trouble and adversity? As a pastor of a large church, I hear people say, “I don’t know anyone at the church because people haven’t introduced themselves to me.” The principle we’re discussing applies in the same way: To make friends, you have to be a a friend. You have to take the initiative and introduce yourself to others. You have to reach out and be the kind of person you expect others to be toward you. In the game of forming friendships, the next move is always yours. To use biblical language, you reap what you sow (Galatians 6:7). Especially, I believe, when it comes to adversity and crisis. Those who have shown themselves faithful usually find others being faithful to them.

The last part of Proverbs 18:24 says, “But there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.” This certainly points toward Jesus Christ in terms of His loyalty to us. Do you know Him as your friend? He has promised to be a friend forever to those who have reached out in faith to Him as their Savior.

Dr. David Jeremiah

DID YOU KNOW ??

The most important theological word in the Old Testament is God’s loving kindness, or “loyal love” (Hebrew hesed). The root meaning of hesed is goodness and kindness, but it came to mean “loyal love” on the basis of God’s promises and deeds toward His people of Israel. He promised them He would have mercy “For a thousand generations with those who love Him and keep His commandments” (Deuteronomy 7:9). And indeed He did. God was long suffering and patent with Israel through multiple accounts of their unfaithfulness. He was a loyal friend who promised never to abandon those He chose to be His own (Jeremiah 31:35-37).

~~~ HAVE A BLESSED DAY DEAR HEARTS ~~~

WaterbirdLEVEL 101

Reply by WaterbirdGOLD

MORNING ON THE GLOBE
THE PILGRIM’S PROGRESS
JUNE 18, 2019

OPEN THEIR EYES TO THE LIGHT

If our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them. - 2 Corinthians 4:3-4

Since God doesn't save anyone against their will, does it really do any good to pray for people who consciously refuse to receive Jesus as Lord?
Yes. Yes! YES! IT DOES!
You see, in spite of the fact that most all unbelievers who have purposely refused to receive Jesus as Lord think they've made that decision of their own free will, the truth is, they haven't. The Word of God says they've been blinded by Satan. He's blocking their perception of the truth. So their decision hasn't been freely made at all.
That's important for you to grasp. Because through the prayer of intercession, you can interfere with the satanic forces and help take those blinders off! You can also change circumstances with your prayers and help create situations that will bring them in contact with the Lord. You're well within your spiritual rights when you do that.
I prayed with a friend of mine once who'd been praying for his lost brother for years. Jesus said in Matthew 12:29 to first bind the strong man and then enter his house and spoil his goods. So we said, "You spirit blinding the eyes of ______________, you stop what you are doing to keep him out of the kingdom of God. In Jesus' Name, you stop NOW!"
Jesus also said in Matthew 9:38, "Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest that he will send forth labourers into his harvest." So we prayed, "Lord, send someone to ____________ with the Word of God. You know who he will listen to. We claim _____________ for the kingdom of God. We believe we receive his salvation and deliverance. In faith we praise You for it."
In almost no time at all his brother called him. "What have you been doing up there?" he asked. "In the past few days, everybody I've come across has started preaching to me!"
Our prayers had interfered with the forces Satan had been using to blind this man to Jesus and created the circumstances to bring him into the kingdom. Sure enough, within a few days, he was born again.
Use this same prayer for your loved ones and believe when you pray and you'll see the same results.
Don't sit by and let the devil take your friends and loved ones without a fight. Pray. Pray! PRAY! Come against the "god of this world." Take off the blinders and open their eyes to the glorious gospel of God.
SCRIPTURE READING: 2 Corinthians 4:1-7
By Kenneth Copeland

Good Evening Dear Ones
Pray your day was blessed…
Spent much of my morning working outside…
This afternoon was a Hot Hot wind whipping through everything…
Drying out the air and top soil to the point i am going to have to start watering…
Never a lack of things to do on God’s little acres….
Have a Blessed Evening and Day tomorrow Dear Ones...
Hugs and Many Blessings… ~~waterbird~~

~~ Please drop your Prayer Requests into Pastor David’s (nightsongs) message box ~~

WaterbirdLEVEL 101

Reply by WaterbirdGOLD

THE PILGRIM’S PROGRESS
A MORNING PRAYER ….
GOOD MORNING DEAR BELOVED FRIENDS…

Rise up, O God, and defend your cause; remember how fools mock you all day long. Psalm 74:22

Psalm 74 was written after the Babylonians overthrew Jerusalem in 587 B.C. In that year, they destroyed the city and burned the temple to the ground. The residents of Jerusalem who were not killed were taken to Babylon, where they remained in exile for decades.

In light of the destruction of Jerusalem Psalm 74 wonders... “O God, why have you rejected us forever? Why does your anger smolder against the sheep of your pasture?” (74:1). These questions are especially urgent because the mistreatment of God’s own people reflects poorly on him. Those who destroyed the temple defiled the place that bears God’s own name (74:7). The enemies of God mocked him through their actions (74:10). The ruins of Jerusalem continue to defame the Lord. Thus... Psalm 74 calls out: “Rise up, O God, and defend your cause; remember how fools mock you all day long” (74:22). We might say, “God, get up and defend yourself!”

Yet God does not rise up... at least not yet. God did not immediately smite Babylon. God allowed those who insulted him not only to live... but even to flourish for a season. How counterintuitive this is! How apparently inconsistent with a God who is so powerful that he created all things (74:12-17), even the day and the night (74:16).

This picture of God holding back was the same as the last hours of Jesus’s life. When the soldiers came to arrest him on the night before he was crucified... one of his disciples grabbed a sword and began to fight. In response Jesus said, “Put your sword back in its place . . . for all who draw the sword will die by the sword. Do you think I cannot call on my Father, and he will at once put at my disposal more than twelve legions of angels?” (Matthew 26: 52-53). Yet... Jesus held back. Why? Because God’s purposes needed to be fulfilled through his suffering and death.

God holds back for a time so that HIS purposes might be fulfilled. He seeks not to destroy those who malign Him... but to save them.

Heavenly Father El Shaddai….
It grieves me O God that it is so common today for Your name to be insulted. People say such terrible… and slanderous things about you as a result of a lack of faith… yet... You hold back.
Rise up... O Lord... and reveal Your glory! May those who malign You be overwhelmed by Your holiness and mercy. May Your justice and love captivate and capture them.
Help me to be a channel of Your grace to those who don’t know You,...even to those who denigrate You. May Your purposes be fulfilled in and through me. I pray in Your blessed name Jesus … Amen and Amen .

Good Morning Dear Beloved Friends….
Pray your rest was peaceful….
My night was up and down….
It happens like that sometimes….
Pray all of you have an Abundantly Blessed day….
Hugs and Many Blessings to each of you... ~~waterbird~~

Daily Reports Storms and Weather Patterns on our Planet as well as Solar and earthquake activity……http://www.suspicious0bservers.org

WaterbirdLEVEL 101

Reply by WaterbirdGOLD

TODAY’S TURNING POINT
JUNE 18th, 2019
DR. DAVID JEREMIAH

WHAT LOVE COVERS

This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am chief.
1 Timothy 1:15

The phrase “Damascene experience” is used in modern contexts to describe a sudden awakening, a moment of insight leading to a reversal of priorities and values, or a shock to one’s worldview. Its basis, of course, is in the apostle Paul’s encounter with the resurrected Christ on the road to Damascus where he intended to persecute the followers of Jesus.

Two great injustices—in the legal sense of the word—occur in the New Testament. First, the perfectly innocent Jesus of Nazareth was put to death, while second, the perfectly guilty Saul of Tarsus was forgiven and set free. We know why Jesus died—to take away the sins of the world (John 1:29). But why was Paul forgiven and set free from his guilt? In order that he might experience first-hand what God wanted him to proclaim to the Gentile world: the love and grace of God. Saul (later Paul) was guilty of persecuting innocent Christians, yet God’s love covered all his sins.

“Love covers all sins” (Proverbs 10:12)—even all of yours. Be secure today in God’s love.

A SINGLE THOUGHT

God’s love is a free love, having no motive or foundation but within itself.
Thomas Brooks

WaterbirdLEVEL 101

Reply by WaterbirdGOLD

THE PILGRIM’S PROGRESS
~~A Safe Place ~~
SIGNS - 31 UNDENIABLE PROPHECIES Vol. II
JUNE 18th, 2019

HIS POWER

Satan will empower the Antichrist, and the Antichrist will empower the False Prophet to do the following: “He performs great signs … in the sight of men. And he deceives those who dwell on the earth by those signs which he was granted to do in the sight of the beast” (Revelation 13: 13-14).

Five times in Revelation 13:2-8 we are told the devil gives power to the Antichrist; and three times in Revelation 13: 12-15 we learn that the Antichrist gives power to the False Prophet. All the power of the two future leaders originates with Satan. Jesus foretold a day when false prophets would arise and demonstrate great power (Matthew 24:24-25). And the False Prophet is the one in whom Jesus’ predictions culminate and are fully expressed.

Just as Satan’s goal has been to counterfeit the words and works of the true God (Genesis 3:4-5; 2 Corinthians 11:13-15), so will his chief emissaries on earth seek to counterfeit God on the world stage. The False Prophet will display his counterfeit power in three ways.

CALLING DOWN FIRE FROM HEAVEN

“He performs great sings, so that he even makes fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of neb” (Revelation 13:13). This counterfeits the work of God who often displayed His own power with fire from heaven: Fire rained down on Sodom and Gomorrah (Genesis 19:24), fire consumed Nadab and Abihu (Leviticus 10: 1-2), and fire will one day destroy Satan’s army on earth (Revelation 20:9).

It is also possible that the False Prophet will try to falsely fulfill the prophecy of Malachi 4:5 concerning the coming of Elijah before the day of the Lord. And it was Elijah who called down fire from heaven to consume the prophets of Baal on Mount Carmel (1 Kings 18:38). The False Prophet will try to convince people he is the fulfillment of the Elijah prophecy spoken through Malachi. Scholar Craig S. Keener reminds us that in Scripture prophets are known “by their message and their fruit, not by their gifts (of power] (Deuteronomy 13: 1-5; Matthew 7:15-23).”

COMMANDING THAT AN IMAGE BE BUILT

The second display of the False Prophet will come by his building “an image to the beast who was wounded by the sword and lived” (Revelation 13:14). This will be a giant statue in honor of the Antichrist - the focal point of false worship on the earth during the seven-year Tribulation (Revelation 13:14; 15; 14:9; 11; 15:2; 16:2; 19:20; 20:4).

This image is likely the object of Jesus’ words concerning an “abomination of desolation” in the last days (Matthew 24: 15-16, 21). Paul wrote about “the man of sin” exalting himself above God “so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God” (2 Thessalonians 2:3-4). The image is the public manifestation of the self-=exaltation of the Antichrist under the leadership of the False Prophet. The world will be commanded to worship the image much as Nebuchadnezzar commanded in Babylon (Daniel 3).

Dr. David Jeremiah

WaterbirdLEVEL 101

Reply by WaterbirdGOLD

The Pilgrim’s Progress “A Safe Place”
SLAYING THE GIANTS IN YOUR LIFE
JUNE 18th, 2019

THE EXPENSE OF RESENTMENT

Experts agree that the one who nurtures resentment pays a high price to do so, both psychologically and physically. As I have mentioned earlier in these studies, doctors are documenting more and more instances in which anger, bitterness, and unforgiveness are the causative factors in physical diseases. S.I. McMillan, in his 1963 book NONE OF THESE DISEASES, says the estimates very from sixty to one hundred percent. Hypertension and heart disease are major illnesses influenced by the stress brought about by unforgiveness.

Psychologically we are imprisoned by our past. We think we have put another person under our control by our unwillingness to forgive, but it is really we who become the slaves of resentment. We become the embodiment of our resentment. Our life revolves around that which we refuse to let go of. Lewis Smedes, in his 1984 book Forgive and Forget, tells a story which illustrates how a person’s whole life can be bound up in his resentment. It is a story from a play based on Word War II war crimes. A german officer was sentenced to prison for his part in wartime atrocities. Upon his release, he and his wife planned to live out their lives quietly in a cabin in the countryside.

A French journalist whose entire family had been killed under orders of the German officer, had waited all the years the offer was in prison to extract vengeance. The court had not sentenced the officer to death, but the journalist had in his own heart. He stirred up resentment and hatred in a group of people who agreed to join him in putting the officer and his wife to death. On the afternoon of the planned killing, the journalist went to interview the officer and ended up revealing who he was, telling the German the story of his family. The journalist, upon meeting the aged officer, was suddenly softened by the man’s difficult station in life and warned him that a mob was coming that night to kill him. He offered to lead the officer through the woods to safety.

The officer agreed to go on one condition: that the journalist forgive him - which he could not do. The journalist left and returned that night with the mob and killed the officer and his wife. He was willing to lead a person to safety whom he was not able to forgive. To forgive the officer would have meant giving up his whole reason for living. He had spent so many years focused on what the German officer had done to his family that to give that up would have meant giving up the purpose of his life.

Resentment exacts a high price from any who would choose to possess it. For those who want to live free from resentment, five steps are critical.

Dr. David Jeremiah

WaterbirdLEVEL 101

Edited (at 10:02 AM) reply by WaterbirdGOLD

THE PILGRIM’S PROGRESS
~~A Safe Place ~~
JUNE 18th, 2019

PROVERBS ABOUT PRAYER

In this lesson we discover the purpose and power of giving thanks.

A thirsty person who is given half a glass of water can complain that it’s not a full glass or be grateful it is no less than half full. It’s a matter of perspective and choice. Learning to give thanks in all things is a life-changing, and heart-altering, exercise.

1 The Priority of the Prayer of Thanksgiving

2 The Purpose of the Prayer of Thanksgiving
A Thankful for Salvation in Jesus Christ
B Thankful for the Strength God Gives
C Thankful for Spiritual Fellowship
D Thankful for the Sustenance of God’s Word
E Thankful for the Service of God’s People
F Thankful for the Support of God’s Work

3 The Principles of the Prayer of Thanksgiving
A Thanksgiving Is a Choice
B Thanksgiving Is a Catalyst
C Thanksgiving Is a Command

Prayer is mentioned only a few times in the book of Proverbs and always in the context of the righteous person. Prayer is a spiritual discipline reserved for the righteous. The only prayer God hears fromthe unrighteous is, “God be merciful to me, a sinner.” God hears and answers that prayer for salvation when tany sinner cries out for forgiveness. Otherwise, prayer is reserved for the righteous, those who walk uprightly in a covenant relationship with God (Proverbs 15:8, 29).

I believe one of the kinds of prayer God delights in hearing form His people is the prayer of thanksgiving. Indeed, God invites His people to bring their petitions and supplications and intercessions to Him, and He answers those prayers. But as a heavenly Father, God must take special pleasure in His children coming to Him to say “Thank you” when a need has been met or a gift of grace has been received. I have a card from one of my children which I keep in my office by that Child’s picture, a card of “thanks” for something I had forgotten I had done. I reflect upon it daily with gratitude for my child’s thanks. And I think our Father in heaven must do the same.

Dr. David Jeremiah

~~~ HAVE A BLESSED DAY IN ALL YOU DO... ~~~ >3

<< Prev