This Pilgrims Progress

This topic is listed in Promotion. It has been viewed 82,649 times and 16,159 replies have been made.

<< Prev  
nightsongsLEVEL 94

Reply by nightsongsGOLD

A Song For A Sunday - Wayfaring Stranger - r/c6b398543 - blessings

hello child of God
I recorded A Song For A Sunday
and wanted to share it with you.
it's called "Wayfaring Stranger"
http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/r/c6b398543
I pray you will blessed as you
listen and read.
hugsss and blessings
pd

WaterbirdLEVEL 97

Reply by WaterbirdGOLD +2

80's Movie ....Take My Breath Away... watchandlisten/play/c67ea546b

Greetings Pastor David....
Thank you for sharing this wonderful song with us.....
Have a Blessed evening and day tomorrow...

The Pilgrims Progress “A Safe Place”
THE SATURDAY EVENING POST
JULY 21st, 2018

EMBRACING THE WORLD

Let’s pretend that we went to sleep last night in July 1818, and we woke up this morning in July 2018. What a shock that would be! Not only with the transition from horse-drawn carriages to driverless cars or from hand-written mail delivered over a period of days, weeks, or months to electronic mail that crosses continents in a moment’s time – but the cities, citizens, and communities would appear radically different from not only two hundred years ago, but even fifty years ago. Some of us actually remember when everyone did not have a personal computer or a cell phone. We remember the days of typewriters in the workplace and “land line” phones in our homes and offices. Does anyone besides me remember using a phone booth to make a phone call? The truth is: The world as we know it ahs changed drastically. We would have gone to sleep in a world with religious and cultural norms and traditions that are strikingly different from the world we woke up in today.

Looking at history in retrospect, the change appears even more drastic. But change is like that – remember at one time it was believed the earth was flat – so all change isn’t bad. And while individuals, inventions, and industries may change, the one thing we can cling to is that god does not change, for “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever” (Hebrews 13:8). He is our constant.

The problem with us is that when we look at the transformations that have happened in “our world” in the past twenty or thirty years, sometimes we long for what was, rather than what is. Sometimes the very idea of something changing causes fear in the hearts of people – rather than seeing it as a part of lie that should be embraced and as an opportunity to minister in a new way. But with change comes new opportunities that we would have never even considered even twenty years ago!

The change did not occur overnight. In America, the early twentieth century saw waves of immigrants (many of our ancestors) who reached our shores through the Ellis Island portal in New York City. They brought with them different languages, skills, and cultures, which became part of the fabric of America today. America and the developed nations around the world are becoming increasingly diverse with every passing year. Our neighborhoods, our workplaces, our schools and universities, and our churches are changing. That means two things: More change and more opportunities to share the Gospel. The world has come to our doorstep. The question is, How will we respond? Will we keep the world at arm’s length or will we throw our arms around the world with the love of Christ?

Our experience is not unique. Around the world, countries and cultures are experiencing change – and through the Internet and satellite transmissions we know more about their individual experiences and needs than ever before in history. The world is filled with diversity, but this is the day of opportunity. I know that the best thing I can do for our nation, or any nation in the world, is to make the Gospel of Jesus Christ available in every way possible: to preach it, teach it, print it, broadcast it, share it, model it, and invite people in every stratum of society to embrace it. Or challenge is not to live in the past but to fulfill the Great Commission in the world we live in – today! The changes in our world have drawn the world community closer to one another, and through technology the opportunities to reach the world for Christ are greater than ever before.

WaterbirdLEVEL 97

WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS

The recent transformations in our would are no secret to God – He saw them all before the foundation of the world. So rather than allowing change to disquiet us, or cause us to fear what we do not understand, we need to have a renewed commitment to what the Bible teaches about embracing the world we live in. The Great Commission is for all of us today. Just as Jesus spoke to His disciples, He is speaking to us today, saying: “Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age” (Matthew 28:19-20, NIV)

Don’t make the mistake of thinking, That was for the disciples but not for me. Today, our mission field is three-fold: It is personal – your friends and family; local – your community and neighbors; and international – the worldwide outreach to the lost. But how do people come to Christ? By someone sharing the Gospel with them; by someone loving them, to Jesus Christ; by someone overlooking whatever differences might have excluded them; by someone opening the door to God’s kingdom and saying, “Welcome!”

The Bible must shape our lives when it comes to reaching out to the world because, as these verses illustrate, the Gospel is for the entire world.

* Galatians 3:28: There is no difference between Jew or Gentile, slave or free, male or female. All are one in Jesus Christ.

* Romans 10:12: Whether Jew or Gentile, God is rich toward all who call upon Him.

* 1 Corinthians 12:13: Jews, Gentiles Slaves, free – we are baptized by one Spirit into one Body of Christ.

* Ephesians 2: 15-16: God’s purpose in Christ was to tear down walls of division and create one new people, the Church, who are reconciled to Him through the Cross of Christ. On the cross, Christ put to death the differences that lead to hostility between peoples.

* Revelation 14:6: God intends for His eternal kingdom to be populated by people from every nation, tribe, tongue, and people group.

The call to us is clear. Jesus said, “By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another” (John 13:35). That love includes taking the Gospel to the lost wherever they may be. In fact, some of the last words the apostle John heard in his vision of heaven mirror Christ’s call to the world: “And let him who thirsts come. Whoever desires, let him take the water of life freely” (Revelation 22:17). Anyone on earth who is thirsty may come to Jesus; anyone who desires to be reconciled to God and live forever with Him is invited. Those are the people who flocked around Jesus. If we live as He lived., they will find the water of life through us also.

HOW JESUS LIVED

Jesus was often the object of censure by the critics of His day – including the Pharisees and scribes – not only for His actions but also for whom He spent His time with. The key phrase used in the four Gospels to describe those with whom Jesus associated was “tax collectors and sinners” – it defined anyone the religious elite looked down upon. Tax collectors colluded with Rome to extort money from Jewish citizens so they were despised; sinners meant the immoral, adulterers, thieves, troublemakers, pagans, non-religious, unclean, diseased – everybody who would not have been allowed to set foot in the temple courts.

Jesus talked with them and ate with them, a meal being the preeminent sign of fellowship and friendship. These outcasts saw in Him someone who valued their lives when the Roman and religious worlds did not. Jesus didn’t embrace or condone their sins (John 8:11), but He embraced and loved them. It is from Jesus’ life that the phrase “Love the sinner, not the sin” arose (That’s how God loved us!)

Jesus is our model for embracing anyone and everyone who needs to experience the love of God. The apostle Paul modeled Jesus’ methods of loving the world when he said: “I have become all things to all men, that I might by all means save some” (1 Corinthians 9:22). May God help us to use our arms to reach out, embrace the world – and draw the world into His kingdom – by all means!

Dr. David Jeremiah

WaterbirdLEVEL 97

Hello Dear Ones
Here is a song for Your Sunday …
May God Bless you with your listen ….

Ancient Words….

http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/watchandlisten/play/c38053543

Hugs and Many Blessings …
~~waterbird~~

WaterbirdLEVEL 97

Edited (at 11:38 PM) reply by WaterbirdGOLD +2

MORNING ON THE GLOBE
THE PILGRIM’S PROGRESS
JULY 22nd, 2018

THE KEY TO CONFIDENCE

Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God. And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.
1 John 3:21-22

You can never get away with disobeying God.

Some people think they can. They think that if nobody finds out about it, it won't hurt anything. After all, God is merciful. He's not going to hold it against them, right? And if no one else knows...what's the difference?

What they don't realize is that their own hearts will start giving them problems. Their own hearts will start to condemn them. Everyone else may think they're great. They may be spouting faith talk all over the place, but when they come before God in prayer, they'll be filled with doubts and fears that keep their prayers from being answered.

That's one of the reasons why it's so important to live in obedience to the Lord. A life of obedience will give you a spiritual boldness you've never had before. It will give you a boldness in prayer, a boldness in faith. It will give you a confidence toward God, as the Apostle John says, that those who are trying to get away with sin don't have.

I'm not saying that you have to be perfect. That you must never make a mistake. But you should walk in obedience to the light you have. Take the time to listen and be responsive to the Spirit of God. When He tells you to do something, do it.

As you do, that confidence will rise up within you. It won't be something you mentally drummed up or talked yourself into. It will just be there. Instead of being consumed with doubts and feelings that the Word of God isn't going to work for you, you'll find yourself filled with faith that it will. You'll begin to trust God and to flow with Him. You'll come to a place the Bible calls "rest in the Lord."

Remember this: Even though the eternal price for your sins has been paid, a life of disobedience will still cost you dearly. It will cost you the boldness that is rightfully yours in Jesus. It will rob you of faith and rock you with fear.

Don't let the condemnation of your heart cut your confidence short. Do the things that are pleasing in God's sight and walk tall in the kingdom of God.
SCRIPTURE READING: 1 John 3:21-22
By Gloria Copeland

Good Evening Dear Ones…
Pray all of you had a Blessed Day….
It was rainy and cold here most of the day….
Curled up with A Good Book…
Have a Blessed Day tomorrow Dear Friends….
Hugs and Many Blessings to each of you….
~~waterbird~~

~If you have a prayer request.... Please leave it in Waterbird's Message Box~

TDCLEVEL 103

Reply by TDCPATRON

WaterbirdLEVEL 97

Thank you so much My Dear Sheri for sharing your Beautiful banner and greetings today....
May You and Yours have a Blessed day in all you do....
Hugs and Much Love i send to you....

THE PILGRIM’S PROGRESS
A MORNING PRAYER ….
GOOD MORNING DEAR ONES ….

“For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the Lord. “As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.” Isaiah 55: 8-9

Many times, when we receive a “dream come true” we talk about the faithfulness of God, and rightly so. But sometimes we ask ourselves… “If my dream does not come true, if I never receive what I’ve knocked on heaven’s door for year after year, does that mean God is not faithful? But the truth is….
God is faithful to us at all times whether our dreams come true, or not!
His faithfulness to me is saving me from an eternity apart from Him. When I look back at things I’ve gone through I also see a bigger picture of His faithfulness and His guiding hand in my life. He is faithful to complete His work in us but not to complete our dream to-do list. “…being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.” Philippians 1:6
Staying rooted in the Lord is the most assured way to live a full, joyful, and “dream come true” kind of life: “But blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him. They will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.” Jeremiah 17: 7-8
O Dear God ….
Thank You that Your will and Your plan is always perfect. It might not be easy or always feel good, but I know You see the big picture and know what’s best for me. You are always good. You are always faithful. You always have steadfast love for your children. These are truths that will never be untrue- so help me live in light of those truths today. Help me have peace as I meditate on what it means that You are always good, faithful and full of steadfast love for me. Help me face today with confidence knowing that Your plan is greater than all of my dreams. Lord, I love You, thank You for the life I have in You.
In Jesus’ Name I pray… Amen and Amen …..

Good Morning Dear Ones …
Pray you are all being blessed today….
Looks like we are going to start a stretch of Hot weather
For the next week or more….
Lots of weeding to be done after all the rain….
May you be guided by the plan the LORD has for you today….
Filled and overflowing with Blessings .. joy and love….
Hugs and Much Love to each of you….
~~waterbird~~

Daily Reports Storms and Weather Patterns on our Planet as well as Solar and earthquake activity……http://www.suspicious0bservers.org

WaterbirdLEVEL 97

TODAY’S TURNING POINT
JULY 22nd, 2018
DR. DAVID JEREMIAH

PETER THE IMPULSIVE

Then Peter took aside and began to rebuke Him, saying, “Far be it from You, Lord; this shall not happen to You!”
Matthew 16:22

In terms of human strengths and weaknesses, many counselors hold the view that weaknesses are simply strengths misused or over-applied. Or, a weakness is an immature expression of a strength. For example, impulsivity, speaking without thinking, and hyper-activity might mellow into enthusiasm, boldness, and proactivity. That might have been the case with the apostle Peter.

Peter is a favorite disciple of many Christians, though he suffered from a continuing case of foot-in-mouth disease from speaking without thinking. For instance, when Jesus told His disciples He would be killed in Jerusalem, Peter immediately rebuked Him: Not going to happen, Lord! Instead of asking for an explanation, Peter assumed he knew better. And when Jesus predicted Peter would deny Him three times, Peter insisted—twice—that he would never deny or disown the Lord. Impulsive? Yes. But then Peter became the epitome of boldness in the early chapters of Acts.

Maturity takes time; the fruit of the Spirit is evidence of God’s conforming us to the image of Christ. Today’s weakness can become tomorrow’s strength.

A SINGLE THOUGHT

There are no shortcuts to spiritual maturity. It takes time to be holy.
Erwin W. Lutzer

WaterbirdLEVEL 97

THE PILGRIMS PROGRESS
“A Safe Place”
THE GOD YOU MAY NOT KNOW
JULY 22nd, 2018

Jeremiah remembered God’s faithfulness and it gave him hope! It was from these verses that the hymn writer Thomas Chisholm took his inspiration for the hymn Great Is Thy Faithfulness:

Great is Thy faithfulness, great is Thy faithfulness,
Morning by morning new mercies I see.

But what could Jeremiah see? He could see nothing with his eyes except a completely destroyed city and a devastated people. But he could see, with the eyes of faith, God’s faithfulness. If the only time we declare the faithfulness of God is when we understand and see what He is doing, then we won’t say it as often as we should. Many times in life we will see with our physical eyes only that which appears to confound our perception of who God is. But eyes of faith see not the circumstances but the faithfulness of God.

I once sat down next to a man on an airplane who pulled out a book to read titled How We Die: Reflections on Life’s Final Chapter. He had buried two grandparents and his own mother, and suddenly he was looking for some answers about the end of life. I shared with him why I don’t fear death but trust in the faithfulness of a loving God to see me across the gulf of death safely to heaven’s shore.

Life is filled with challenges seen and unseen. Like Jeremiah, the only way we will be able to get through them is if we depend on the faithfulness of God. His faithfulness becomes a source of courage to all who trust in Him. We need to do what Jeremiah did: recall … remember… reckon … recollect … reprise the faithfulness of God and how He has delivered His people, including us, in the past.

Jim and Carol Cymbala started a church in the middle of Brooklyn, New York – and experienced numerous trials in the process. Their daughter experienced some deep difficulties, after which Carol was diagnosed with cancer. She told me how, during that time, she was on her face before God crying out, asking Him how He could have done all these things to them in light of their having given themselves to Hi. What kind of reward was that? She said God spoke to her heart and said, “Carol, haven’t I been faithful to you? And from that experience she wrote a beautiful worship song where she says, “Looking back I can recall His mercy and His love.”

You may not write a worship son that gets published, but your remembrance of God’s faithfulness in your life will be good reason to have a new song in your heart.

Dr. David Jeremiah

DID YOU KNOW ??

Lamentations is one of the most unique books in the Bible. It consists of 5 poems (funeral songs), each containing 22 verses (except the third which contains 66, or 22 x 3), composed around the time of Jerusalem’s destruction in 586 B.C. The first four chapters use the literary device known as acrostic. Each line begins with the successive letter of the alphabet. In chapters 1 and 2, the first word of each verse begins with the successive 22 letters of the Hebrew alphabet (with slight variations in 2: 16-17; 3:47-48; and 4: 16-17). In chapter three, all three line of each stanza begin with the same (and successive) letter of the Hebrew alphabet. The fifth chapter is not an acrostic, but it does contain 22 verses, the same number of verses as letters in the Hebrew alphabet. It is a prayer rather than a lament over Jerusalem. In a time when there were few resources to produce additional copies, the acrostic format probably aided in memorization.

<< Prev