Introducing the Community Songbook!

This topic is listed in General Discussion. It has been viewed 32,645 times and 731 replies have been made.

<< Prev Next >>
soundchrisLEVEL 94

Reply by soundchrisGOLD

Forget your superstar showcase, trinket schemes, ipad apps, improvements to the recorder or contests..this is the most exciting development I've seen on Singsnap and I think it will see the site have a massive resurgence in 2017 and deservedly so too well done all xsingerlad

Agreed

STEVE58LEVEL 86

Reply by STEVE58

Hey I need help is this for MP3 just background music

singingsister57LEVEL 105

Reply by singingsister57GOLD +2

R.I.P. Charlie Daniels

I'm still confused about the licensing stuff. If songs were taken away because of Licensing issues, how can they now be uploaded and still be legal? For example, we don't have the Eagles or Chicago. So now their songs can be uploaded and recorded legally?singingsister57

Well, I don't often quote myself, but this is important to me. hehe I've been telling people that the reason SS has taken away many artists' songs has nothing to do with Trevor not wanting to pay the money to get those tracks. It is because they just aren't available to be purchased. I still believe that. I'm just confused as to how members can then upload songs by artists that SS has removed due to licensing issues.

soundchrisLEVEL 94

Reply by soundchrisGOLD

For those who do upload please be careful to get the song and artist right and do not double the artist name. Makes it confusing especially when searching. Make it clear and clean and no doubling on the artist names. Thank you.

StrikingTopazLEVEL 110

Reply by StrikingTopazGOLD

interesting i will check into it when time allows thank you ss

Rhonda_KayeLEVEL 87

Reply by Rhonda_KayeGOLD +1

Be happy and stay safe!

Sweet!

CHEROKEE_BEVLEVEL 83

Reply by CHEROKEE_BEVGOLD

[quote=soundchris]For those who do upload please be careful to get the song and artist right and do not double the artist name. Makes it confusing especially when searching. Make it clear and clean and no doubling on the artist names. Thank you.

I'm guilty but its my first time..will improve ..ty

Rainbow-SunshineLEVEL 108

Reply by Rainbow-Sunshine

Let's see if I understand this correctly...

1. My wife and I wrote and recorded a Christmas song. We own the copyright.

This means I can upload my backing track of our original song. Is this correct?

2. My wife and I own many karaoke CDs purchased over time. We do not own the copyright to any of the original songs, but we legally purchased the karaoke versions.

This means I can upload any and all of these karaoke tracks - even those which are licensed here in the United States. Is this correct?

3. I downloaded a karaoke track from YouTube. I do not own the copyright to the original song, and I did not purchase this track.

This means I can NOT upload this track to Singsnap. Is this correct?neodrew

1. Yes, that is correct.

2 & 3. SingSnap does not permit copyright infringement; nor does it provide Copyright or legal advice to it's members. Fair use and private copying laws often permit consumers to transfer their lawfully acquired sound recordings but we can't provide legal advice on each song. Any concerned rights holders can find our copyright policy here. Only the copyright holder of any specific musical work has the right to register a complaint. The law is such that there is no ability for a third party to register a copyright complaint.Rob

singingsister57-This might help you

CHEROKEE_BEVLEVEL 83

Edited reply by CHEROKEE_BEVGOLD

So many comments..might have missed this..where do the songs go once saved ? Is there a separate list to pick and choose from or are they mixed in with all the other songs ?

AND>>>>> I AGREE WITH EVERYONE>>>>>THIS IS AWESOME>>>>THANKS SINGSNAP !

STEVE58LEVEL 86

Reply by STEVE58

I'm totally lost

So many comments..might have missed this..where do the songs go once saved ? Is there a separate list to pick and choose from or are they mixed in with all the other songs ?

AND>>>>> I AGREE WITH EVERYONE>>>>>THIS IS AWESOME>>>>THANKS SINGSNAP !CHEROKEE_BEV

Click record and then click on "new" they will show up there

singingsister57LEVEL 105

Reply by singingsister57GOLD +2

R.I.P. Charlie Daniels

Let's see if I understand this correctly...

1. My wife and I wrote and recorded a Christmas song. We own the copyright.

This means I can upload my backing track of our original song. Is this correct?

2. My wife and I own many karaoke CDs purchased over time. We do not own the copyright to any of the original songs, but we legally purchased the karaoke versions.

This means I can upload any and all of these karaoke tracks - even those which are licensed here in the United States. Is this correct?

3. I downloaded a karaoke track from YouTube. I do not own the copyright to the original song, and I did not purchase this track.

This means I can NOT upload this track to Singsnap. Is this correct?neodrew

1. Yes, that is correct.

2 & 3. SingSnap does not permit copyright infringement; nor does it provide Copyright or legal advice to it's members. Fair use and private copying laws often permit consumers to transfer their lawfully acquired sound recordings but we can't provide legal advice on each song. Any concerned rights holders can find our copyright policy here. Only the copyright holder of any specific musical work has the right to register a complaint. The law is such that there is no ability for a third party to register a copyright complaint.Rob

singingsister57-This might help you Rainbow-Sunshine

Sorry. I read that when it was posted, but it doesn't clear it up for me. It's making it sound like you still can't upload songs that have been removed from SingSnap because of licensing issues, but people have already uploaded them.

sn1p3rk1tt3n

Reply by sn1p3rk1tt3nGOLD

Really cool.

CHEROKEE_BEVLEVEL 83

For those who do upload please be careful to get the song and artist right and do not double the artist name. Makes it confusing especially when searching. Make it clear and clean and no doubling on the artist names. Thank you.

I'm guilty but its my first time..will improve ..tysoundchris

THERES AN EDIT TAB..SO I FIXED IT !!!! YAAAAAY

CHEROKEE_BEVLEVEL 83

AND>>>>> I AGREE WITH EVERYONE>>>>>THIS IS AWESOME>>>>THANKS SINGSNAP !CHEROKEE_BEV

Click record and then click on "new" they will show up there Rainbow-Sunshine

THANK YOU SO MUCH !!!

Dippin_Dots

Reply by Dippin_DotsGOLD

That is so cool. Maybe hopefully some songs be it original or ones that were purchased and uploaded will be ones that some wanted to sing or had wished SS had in their library they wanted but wasn't available and then in time they can sing along with the uploaded versions.

Merry Christmas to all and a happy new year too in advance!

Orange_RoseLEVEL 60

Reply by Orange_RoseGOLD

I'm confused but would love to have the Sound Track and Lyrics by Patty Loveless for the song named Bluegrasss and White Snow. Does anyone know how to upload this one?

Also the song called Dancing In The Sky by Danny & LIzzy

Bucks_FizzLEVEL 110

Edited reply by Bucks_FizzGOLD

Listen to Trevor's announcement watchandlisten/play/bb8b998e9

Question: Will SS still be uploading songs as they do normally as well?

I'm confused but would love to have the Sound Track and Lyrics by Patty Loveless for the song named Bluegrasss and White Snow. Does anyone know how to upload this one?

Also the song called Dancing In The Sky by Danny & LIzzyOrange_Rose

I actually already uploaded "Dancing In The Sky" yesterday

Question: Will SS still be uploading songs as they do normally as well?Bucks_Fizz

I'm not sure Kathy, but I'm assuming that won't change

Orange_RoseLEVEL 60

Reply by Orange_RoseGOLD

Thank you my friend. Is there a way to upload the song Bluegrass and White Snow by Patty Loveless?

peaceloveerin87LEVEL 41

Reply by peaceloveerin87

This is such an awesome new feature! Unfortunately, I'm not very good at uploading this kind of stuff so would it be possible to do requests for those that can do this?

NOTGONNASTOP

Reply by NOTGONNASTOPGOLD

I am guessing the syncing part is very difficult?

NOTGONNASTOP

Reply by NOTGONNASTOPGOLD

I like Texas Country and doubt there is anyone in the community that will be uploading the stuff I like so I want to try.

dannyconnellLEVEL 100

Reply by dannyconnellGOLD +2

I guess I cant upload Jim Croce's I Had To Say I Love You In A Song
or Elvis's Bitter They Are, The Harder They Fall?

can I?

aren't both songs copyrighted?

please let me know

thank you!

sincerely,
Danny

Thank you my friend. Is there a way to upload the song Bluegrass and White Snow by Patty Loveless?Orange_Rose

I will check it out for you

sweetsuejustyouLEVEL 85

Reply by sweetsuejustyouGOLD

New uploads to CS:forum/topic/b513c022?lastpage=9b1c6#last

To quote a Pointer Sisters song about this new feature....

"I'm so excited, I just can't hide it.....gonna lose control and I think I like it...."

dannyconnellLEVEL 100

Reply by dannyconnellGOLD +2

thanks

please let me know what you find out....

STEVE58LEVEL 86

Reply by STEVE58

Can someone please help me I want to know if you use With or Without background vocals

Orange_RoseLEVEL 60

Edited reply by Orange_RoseGOLD

Thank you my friend. Is there a way to upload the song Bluegrass and White Snow by Patty Loveless?Orange_Rose

I will check it out for you Rainbow-Sunshine

Thank you I really appreciate it.

I found it on this site but am lost about how to do it.

There is also a song called Look For Me by Marty Raybon that I would love to see on here. I appreciate the help. I am lost about doing it.

HappyPappy77LEVEL 68

Reply by HappyPappy77GOLD

Loving this!!!

diva71LEVEL 111

Reply by diva71GOLD

SO my ? is .... I have a whole bunch of karaoke cd's I bought a long time ago for my karaoke machine... can I upload these since I bought them in stores and online karaoke stores?

MabeckS6575LEVEL 99

Reply by MabeckS6575GOLD

Yay!!!
This is an awesome feature. I'd been looking this. Now you're not left behind SS the place that I loved most. Keep up the good job.
I'll try this asap! Thanks

VitaminDeeLEVEL 101

Reply by VitaminDeePATRON +1

Want better relationships? (click here) Make compliments/comments about your recipient

Cool feature!! Love it

http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/record/record?song_id=a8109cf2cwendylee

U just made me cry happy tears!!!

this musta been that big surprise they talked about that was coming for Christmas!

RobLEVEL 90

Reply by RobSTAFF +2

I'm guilty but its my first time..will improve ..tysoundchris

You can edit the information from the Account --> Manage Songbook page.
http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/communitysongbook/songs

RobLEVEL 90

Reply by RobSTAFF +2

Question: Will SS still be uploading songs as they do normally as well?Bucks_Fizz

Yes, we will still be adding tracks like normal.

RobLEVEL 90

Edited reply by RobSTAFF +2

This is such an awesome new feature! Unfortunately, I'm not very good at uploading this kind of stuff so would it be possible to do requests for those that can do this?peaceloveerin87

Sure, you could post a request list in the new Community Songbook category of the message board. If another member has the song they can upload it for you.

RobLEVEL 90

Reply by RobSTAFF +2

can I?

please let me know

thank you!

sincerely,
Dannydannyconnell

SingSnap does not permit copyright infringement; nor does it provide Copyright or legal advice to it's members. Fair use and private copying laws often permit consumers to transfer their lawfully acquired sound recordings but we can't provide legal advice on each song. Any concerned rights holders can find our copyright policy here. Only the copyright holder of any specific musical work has the right to register a complaint. The law is such that there is no ability for a third party to register a copyright complaint.

RobLEVEL 90

Reply by RobSTAFF +2

Can someone please help me I want to know if you use With or Without background vocalsSTEVE58

You can use whichever you prefer or upload both versions. It's generally best to avoid uploading songs with lead vocals though.

DefenseLEVEL 82

Reply by Defense

just did my first one, wow, that was interesting hitting the space bar while singing the lyrics, swearing a couple times (ok many times) when I forgot to hit the space, going back, trying to figure where in the song I was then resume space bar tapping haha.

Cool new feature!

DefenseLEVEL 82

Edited reply by Defense

***snip

SingSnap does not permit copyright infringement; nor does it provide Copyright or legal advice to it's members. Fair use and private copying laws often permit consumers to transfer their lawfully acquired sound recordings but we can't provide legal advice on each song. Any concerned rights holders can find our copyright policy here. Only the copyright holder of any specific musical work has the right to register a complaint. The law is such that there is no ability for a third party to register a copyright complaint.Rob

Robbie wanna cracker

Generic101619

Reply by Generic101619

UTMOST FLEEKNESS!!

LadyLindaLEVEL 29

Reply by LadyLindaGOLD

This all seems so exciting and innovative but I don't own any karaoke discs nor have downloaded any karaoke tracks, so I can't use this new feature to contribute to the songbook, unless I purchase discs and / or downloads. If I purchase music to upload on the SS site then not only am I paying for the music, but also paying for my Gold membership. It's something I'll have to look into and I assume any Gold member can sing any uploaded song in the Community Songbook? For me, who's not very technical, it's a bit too daunting.........

Mr_AdaLEVEL 59

Reply by Mr_AdaPATRON

Very cool!!!!

sweetsuejustyouLEVEL 85

Reply by sweetsuejustyouGOLD

New uploads to CS:forum/topic/b513c022?lastpage=9b1c6#last

I take it that songs to be uploaded must be only in mp3 format ?

__Angels__LEVEL 111

Reply by __Angels__GOLD

forum/topic/b01c1d86

I'm confused .. trojan55

I was confused Rich , we need had downloaded some of our songs recorded in our pc or I am a donkey , I haven't downloaded any of them and haven't clue how.... anyway I don't use any program to download music .... __Angels__

You could buy a karaoke backing track from say Zoom.... since you need to have legally purchased the backing track to upload or own the copyright , after you buy ('i used paypal' ) they download straight to your computer then you can upload that track to SS using the new community songbook tool under 'account' called 'manage songbook'ConnieG

Thanks ConnieG, remember that program but I cant afford it .Thanks again for your help!!__Angels__

Is not a program s a website you can buy a backing track for as little as £1.99 each not sure what that is in dollarsConnieG

Yes you are right , sorry its a website and each track cost in dollars : 2,50 ..... maybe for many aren't nothing but yes for me that: Singsnap Gold Membership costs :Monthly
Gold Membership

9.99per month=almost 10

Mr_AdaLEVEL 59

Reply by Mr_AdaPATRON

I take it that songs to be uploaded must be only in mp3 format ?sweetsuejustyou
looks like it. Not something I want to work with as is. I have midi files and mp3 or I can do an mp3/cdg set that would not require me to try and sync it up.

Mr_AdaLEVEL 59

Reply by Mr_AdaPATRON

just did my first one, wow, that was interesting hitting the space bar while singing the lyrics, swearing a couple times (ok many times) when I forgot to hit the space, going back, trying to figure where in the song I was then resume space bar tapping haha.

Cool new feature!Defense

can we hear it?

singingsister57LEVEL 105

Edited reply by singingsister57GOLD +2

R.I.P. Charlie Daniels

can I?

please let me know

thank you!

sincerely,
Dannydannyconnell

SingSnap does not permit copyright infringement; nor does it provide Copyright or legal advice to it's members. Fair use and private copying laws often permit consumers to transfer their lawfully acquired sound recordings but we can't provide legal advice on each song. Any concerned rights holders can find our copyright policy here. Only the copyright holder of any specific musical work has the right to register a complaint. The law is such that there is no ability for a third party to register a copyright complaint.Rob

This is very frustrating. I must be stupid. I've read and re-read this. It's like sending an email to support on some other site and getting a form letter that may or may not answer questions. lol I've been telling people who tell me about another site having songs what we don't that Trevor has said that if other sites have songs we have pulled then they have them illegally. Then someone said they let members upload their own tracks and those might be licensing restricted so they are illegal. I don't know the difference of what is being done here.

Don't get me wrong. This is an amazing feature and really going to enhance the fun on the site. I just have talked to so many people in support of why SS pulled the songs that other sites have and have said I admire SS for doing things "by the book" so to speak. And I know that you will continue to do things the legal way. If someone could PLEASE just explain that paragraph such as who is the third party etc.

STEVE58LEVEL 86

Reply by STEVE58

WOULD SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME IF MP3 SONGS ARE TO BE WITH JUST WITH OR WITH OUT VOCALS

<< Prev Next >>