Introducing the Community Songbook!

This topic is listed in General Discussion. It has been viewed 32,647 times and 731 replies have been made.

ShilohkokoLEVEL 103

Reply by ShilohkokoGOLD

RIP Charlie Daniels ..... Your music will live on & on! God’s speed Sir!

Fantastic! Will these added community songs
also be available on the iPhone app?
I was just on & did not see the songs that have been added so far....? Thanks for any info.

Angelgirl758LEVEL 111

Reply by Angelgirl758GOLD +8

I did one with a voice BG like a demo....came cool!

VicLEVEL 82

Reply by VicPATRON

About time too, another karaoke site has had this for ages

SingingRainbowLEVEL 107

Reply by SingingRainbowSPECIAL-EVENTS +6

What a great Christmas before Christmas present !!! Thank you to everyone who worked so hard to bring this awesome feature to us!! Ya'll ROCK!!

CHEROKEE_BEVLEVEL 83

Reply by CHEROKEE_BEVGOLD

ok first song up "Sweet Dreams" by the Eurythmics
http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/record/record?song_id=a911910ecmelindalea

when I click on those links that some posted it takes me to the setup wizard for me to record...not to the song itself..

CHEROKEE_BEVLEVEL 83

Wow Nice
I just Uploded mine
Thanks so much!!!

http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/watchandlisten/play/b89b8f28fa566salar

this one goes to the song but there are no lyrics...

CHEROKEE_BEVLEVEL 83

Cool feature!! Love it

http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/record/record?song_id=a8109cf2cwendylee

same thing..setup wizard link... guess I'm lost !! which is par for me

-Chez-

Edited reply by -Chez-

Cool feature!! Love it

http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/record/record?song_id=a8109cf2cwendylee

same thing..setup wizard link... guess I'm lost !! which is par for me CHEROKEE_BEV

We are uploading karaoke for members to sing so they are like any other karaoke backing you find on SingSnaps record area which open in ss wizard

TDCLEVEL 103

Reply by TDCPATRON

I have been hoping for something like this for years!! Way to give us something totally AWESOME to express our musical creativity SingSnap!!!

singingsister57LEVEL 105

Edited reply by singingsister57GOLD +2

R.I.P. Charlie Daniels

I'm still confused about the licensing stuff. If songs were taken away because of Licensing issues, how can they now be uploaded and still be legal? For example, we don't have the Eagles or Chicago. So now their songs can be uploaded and recorded legally?

DefenseLEVEL 82

Reply by Defense

This is the coolest feature I've seen in my time on here...Thanks everyone who had a hand in this to make it happen and all the testing crew! Looking forward to coming back and singing again!

MaggieCLEVEL 97

Reply by MaggieCGOLD +6

Taking a break from SS ...for family medical emergency.. I will be back ... but don't know when.

It there a way for other SS members who don't upload songs to the songbook to see what new songs others have made available... without searching in the new songs added to SS library? I listened to a few people from this thread who have and wow.. it's just great...
Happy Friday from frigid S.E. ON ...MaggieC

Click record tab then click on NEW uploaded ones have (cs) beside them-Dueter-

Thank you so very much...
Happy weekend...

Me_JoyceLEVEL 110

Reply by Me_JoycePATRON +7

How and where do you "rate" songs?

a566salar

Reply by a566salar

Wow Nice
I just Uploded mine
Thanks so much!!!

http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/watchandlisten/play/b89b8f28fa566salar

this one goes to the song but there are no lyrics...CHEROKEE_BEV

I HAVE LYRICS...
i sync it with the music then save!!!

LeenyBee

Reply by LeenyBeeGOLD

Stay Safe Everyone

This is totally AWESOME! I just tried a song track from Dueter's list, absolutely FANTASTIC!

--Baz--

Reply by --Baz--PATRON +1

I think Christmas just came early.....thank you

BazeyChlo

Reply by BazeyChlo

You guys... after playing around with this some and seeing all the new songs, I feel like my reaction earlier was not EXCITED enough!!! It's like SS just blessed us with the best Christmas present EVER! You're now officially the BEST place to karaoke. Okay, you already were... but, some of the missing songs did make me sad sometimes... but NOW, we can add/sing them AND, one of the best parts about this site, can STILL change the pitch!! That is a huge plus for me (can't hit those high notes lol) and will always keep me here, along with the awesome community. I am SO freaking happy. Cloud nine right now. You guys ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RobLEVEL 90

Reply by RobSTAFF +2

So as a blue member I can upload a karaoke track but I can t go and try to record it my self to sing on it even to test lolllll cause all the new song are only available to record to gold members not much fun in it for meflatduck

As a blue member you can record with any song you yourself upload. Gold members can record with all uploaded songs.Rob

Çan I record another blue member trackflatduck

Blue members can only record songs they themselves have uploaded.

LeenyBee

Reply by LeenyBeeGOLD

Stay Safe Everyone

RobLEVEL 90

Reply by RobSTAFF +2

I was just on & did not see the songs that have been added so far....? Thanks for any info. Shilohkoko

The songbook songs won't currently show in the app. Songbook support will be added in the next major app revision though.

LeenyBee

Reply by LeenyBeeGOLD

Stay Safe Everyone

Currently there is no EDIT button on the Recording itself, will there be one added soon? There is an EDIT button on the Manage Recordings page so that helps.....

BazeyChlo

Reply by BazeyChlo

Currently there is no EDIT button on the Recording itself, will there be one added soon? There is an EDIT button on the Manage Recordings page so that helps.....LeenyBee

Yes, it seems like the Edit button got removed from all recordings... thought maybe I was just losing it... but there used to be one on the recording itself, right? lol

dsider63LEVEL 106

Reply by dsider63PATRON +2

The full of Grace and Minster Daryl welcome you Always r/c26d56287

Flagging it

RobLEVEL 90

Reply by RobSTAFF +2

Currently there is no EDIT button on the Recording itself, will there be one added soon? There is an EDIT button on the Manage Recordings page so that helps.....LeenyBee

Yes, it seems like the Edit button got removed from all recordings... thought maybe I was just losing it... but there used to be one on the recording itself, right? lolBazeyChlo

That was an oversight when launching this feature live. We'll get it put back asap.

VicLEVEL 82

Reply by VicPATRON

Why do the lyrics separation come up so wrong, it makes it much harder to sync.

BazeyChlo

Reply by BazeyChlo

Thanks for the response, Rob! It's all good, no rush. We can still edit from the Recordings page for now and there is so much to do on here today that I can't even handle it... still so freaking happy. Take your time lol You guys are awesome.

VicLEVEL 82

Reply by VicPATRON

Well here is my first uploaded song, the lyrics are all over the place , it wouldn't let me arrange them into the proper lines.
http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/watchandlisten/play/bc6c79e7f

RobLEVEL 90

Reply by RobSTAFF +2

Thanks for the response, Rob! It's all good, no rush. We can still edit from the Recordings page for now and there is so much to do on here today that I can't even handle it... still so freaking happy. Take your time lol You guys are awesome.BazeyChlo

It should be back now.

RobLEVEL 90

Reply by RobSTAFF +2

Why do the lyrics separation come up so wrong, it makes it much harder to sync.Vic

You can separate the lyrics into lines however you think it will work best. If you don't want the text to auto-format you can uncheck that option below the text entry box before you paste the lyrics.

VicLEVEL 82

Reply by VicPATRON

I was just on & did not see the songs that have been added so far....? Thanks for any info. Shilohkoko

The songbook songs won't currently show in the app. Songbook support will be added in the next major app revision though.Rob

Does that include the long awaited Android app ?

Rainbow-SunshineLEVEL 108

Reply by Rainbow-Sunshine

How and where do you "rate" songs?Me_Joyce

Rating comes after you record from one of the uploaded tracks

havingagoLEVEL 83

Reply by havingagoGOLD

Pinching myself. No, I'm not dreaming. Brilliant news. I'm in my element.

RobLEVEL 90

Reply by RobSTAFF +2

The songbook songs won't currently show in the app. Songbook support will be added in the next major app revision though.Rob

Does that include the long awaited Android app ?Vic

Yes, that is the plan. We will have a unified app for both iOS and Android that will support the new Songbook songs.

trojan55LEVEL 111

Reply by trojan55GOLD +5

I may have either dood one, or, doodied it ..

rick1953fl

Reply by rick1953flGOLD

My first attempt ..This is going to be fun..Once I get the lyric sync part right..lol... Thank you SS for a awesome toy for Christmas.....

Elton John
The bridge

http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/r/c5b0487df

Yesrod1972LEVEL 93

Reply by Yesrod1972GOLD

Just a word of advice to you fellow Snapper's, all files uploaded remain public and can not be deleted by you in the edit function. If there is something you wish to upload but remain private to sing along with it will not work. If you upload it, all can find it, and record it! Now this is where the copyright infringement can really bite you. Don't be a dummy like me and have to have the SS team go in and manually remove it. Cheers!

NovellaLEVEL 111

Edited reply by NovellaSTAFF +16

There is a Category on the Message Board called Community Songbook if you guys wanted to share your uploads and what not there!

soundchrisLEVEL 94

Reply by soundchrisGOLD

Fantastic. Best news ever.

soundchrisLEVEL 94

Reply by soundchrisGOLD

Now maybe if some members have karaoke songs that are not on here they now can put them on here. YAY

soundchrisLEVEL 94

Reply by soundchrisGOLD

Cool to see Eagles song and Neil Sedaka songs being uploaded. Yay

soundchrisLEVEL 94

Reply by soundchrisGOLD

Please if anyone has them to upload to Singsnap. Upload more Elvis Presley, Neil Sedaka, Eddie Cochran and Bobby Vee. Thank you.

singingsister57LEVEL 105

Edited reply by singingsister57GOLD +2

R.I.P. Charlie Daniels

karaokegod73LEVEL 37

Reply by karaokegod73PATRON

I don't see this feature sticking around very long, unless nobody in the industry finds out about it.

singingsister57LEVEL 105

Reply by singingsister57GOLD +2

R.I.P. Charlie Daniels

Please if anyone has them to upload to Singsnap. Upload more Elvis Presley, Neil Sedaka, Eddie Cochran and Bobby Vee. Thank you.soundchris

Elvis? We have more Elvis songs than the Beatles and we have lots of Beatles songs. lol

soundchrisLEVEL 94

Reply by soundchrisGOLD

Also we need more Jim Reeves. Would love to see tracks on here by Bobby Curtola also and more Ricky Nelson. Thank you

Jami19LEVEL 100

Reply by Jami19GOLD

Sounds fun!

soundchrisLEVEL 94

Reply by soundchrisGOLD

Please if anyone has them to upload to Singsnap. Upload more Elvis Presley, Neil Sedaka, Eddie Cochran and Bobby Vee. Thank you.soundchris

Elvis? We have more Elvis songs than the Beatles and we have lots of Beatles songs. lolsingingsister57

We can Always have more Elvis. LOL

singingsister57LEVEL 105

Reply by singingsister57GOLD +2

R.I.P. Charlie Daniels

Elvis? We have more Elvis songs than the Beatles and we have lots of Beatles songs. lolsingingsister57

We can Always have more Elvis. LOLsoundchris

hahaha I feel the same about many Beatles songs. Not a huge fan of Elvis, but I've found I like a good many of his songs as long as people aren't trying to sound like Elvis when they sing. Even if they are good, it's just boring to me. I want to hear them sing. lol

singerlad

Reply by singerlad

Forget your superstar showcase, trinket schemes, ipad apps, improvements to the recorder or contests..this is the most exciting development I've seen on Singsnap and I think it will see the site have a massive resurgence in 2017 and deservedly so too well done all x

DanielG8235LEVEL 62

Reply by DanielG8235GOLD

As I saw another member ask. Is this for admins and gold members only? have fun! all