Introducing the Community Songbook!

This topic is listed in General Discussion. It has been viewed 32,646 times and 731 replies have been made.

BazeyChlo

Reply by BazeyChlo

This is so cool, guys.

Bunnykins

Reply by BunnykinsGOLD

SKYFALL - r/bca573e61

Oh lord.....With all these new, great songs being added, I'm never gonna get any work done here...lol.

ConnieGLEVEL 96

Reply by ConnieGGOLD

I absolutely LOVE this and had a blast with the testing. Now to upload some Eagles, Coldplay, Snow Patrol, Nickelback....oh geez my list is long lol Kudos SS AWESOME idea
Oh if anyone needs help, I'm a pm away Rainbow-Sunshine

Ditto to that! Had great fun testing the system....!

Steve-GLEVEL 91

Reply by Steve-GCHAT-ADMIN +4

100+ songs added already
Happy singing all

Annie_MusicLEVEL 103

Reply by Annie_MusicGOLD

WOW

kiddosmumLEVEL 104

Reply by kiddosmumGOLD

Too complicated for me

Bel-JayLEVEL 89

Reply by Bel-Jay

I absolutely LOVE this and had a blast with the testing. Now to upload some Eagles, Coldplay, Snow Patrol, Nickelback....oh geez my list is long lol Kudos SS AWESOME idea
Oh if anyone needs help, I'm a pm away Rainbow-Sunshine

Ohhhhh, yes!! Snow Patrol and Coldplay, love love love x

MaggieCLEVEL 97

Reply by MaggieCGOLD +6

Taking a break from SS ...for family medical emergency.. I will be back ... but don't know when.

It there a way for other SS members who don't upload songs to the songbook to see what new songs others have made available... without searching in the new songs added to SS library? I listened to a few people from this thread who have and wow.. it's just great...
Happy Friday from frigid S.E. ON ...

-Chez-

Edited reply by -Chez-

It there a way for other SS members who don't upload songs to the songbook to see what new songs others have made available... without searching in the new songs added to SS library? I listened to a few people from this thread who have and wow.. it's just great...
Happy Friday from frigid S.E. ON ...MaggieC

Click record tab then click on NEW uploaded ones have (cs) beside them

hnogirl

Reply by hnogirlGOLD

This is so awesome !!! Thanks

MikeIIILEVEL 108

Reply by MikeIIIGOLD

** * Rest In Peace, Dansolman & COVID-19 victims ** 2,703 songs uploaded ** Tested mic cables

While I am grateful for all of these song additions, it occurred to me that some of these songs are LICENSED restricted(those same ones that I have seen here before they were removed from the SingSnap library).

Karens_MusicLEVEL 100

Reply by Karens_MusicPATRON +13

June 06, 2020... R.I.P. my dear sweet friend Spencer(ke) ..you are and always will be missed :)

wow this is a fantastic new toy to play with !
bravo SingSnap !
Karen

Karens_MusicLEVEL 100

June 06, 2020... R.I.P. my dear sweet friend Spencer(ke) ..you are and always will be missed :)

Thanks Dueter I missed this so I am glad you made me find it

Karens_MusicLEVEL 100

Little problem here I get this notion " your browser doesn't support accurate audio playback" ?
I use Internet explorer 11
Anyone else uses that browser for this feature ?
Thanks

CanadaBlonde

Reply by CanadaBlondeGOLD

Wonderful!

Rainbow-SunshineLEVEL 108

Reply by Rainbow-Sunshine

Little problem here I get this notion " your browser doesn't support accurate audio playback" ?
ThanksKarens_Music

You might try Chrome, that's what I've been using through testing and all, and have had no problems

-Jaded-LEVEL 65

Reply by -Jaded-

Omg!!!!!! Yay!!!!

NovellaLEVEL 111

Reply by NovellaSTAFF +16

Happy Friday from frigid S.E. ON ...MaggieC

Click on the Record Tab and then "New"

http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/record/new

__Angels__LEVEL 111

Reply by __Angels__GOLD

forum/topic/b01c1d86

I'm confused .. trojan55

I was confused Rich , we need had downloaded some of our songs recorded in our pc or I am a donkey , I haven't downloaded any of them and haven't clue how.... anyway I don't use any program to download music ....

flatduckLEVEL 57

Reply by flatduckGOLD

Sound like it s for gold only , but I m curious if we can just play our own and record without having to make files to complicated for meflatduck

Blue Members can record any songs they upload themselves

Where do you mean play your own and record without having to make files?

I know at first glace it may seem complicated, but once you get your first one under your belt, it becomes pretty simple (and a lot of fun!)Novella

Mean like we can do with the original just play guitar than you got music on with having to make files

cannotsing24LEVEL 108

Reply by cannotsing24GOLD +3

WOW WONDERFUL , Thank you ssingSnap, must try it out

VitaminDeeDesigns

Reply by VitaminDeeDesigns

That is cool with a side dish of extra cool!!

neodrewLEVEL 94

Edited reply by neodrewGOLD

Let's see if I understand this correctly...

1. My wife and I wrote and recorded a Christmas song. We own the copyright.

This means I can upload my backing track of our original song. Is this correct?

2. My wife and I own many karaoke CDs purchased over time. We do not own the copyright to any of the original songs, but we legally purchased the karaoke versions.

This means I can upload any and all of these karaoke tracks - even those which are licensed here in the United States. Is this correct?

3. I downloaded a karaoke track from YouTube. I do not own the copyright to the original song, and I did not purchase this track.

This means I can NOT upload this track to Singsnap. Is this correct?

ConnieGLEVEL 96

Edited reply by ConnieGGOLD

I'm confused .. trojan55

I was confused Rich , we need had downloaded some of our songs recorded in our pc or I am a donkey , I haven't downloaded any of them and haven't clue how.... anyway I don't use any program to download music .... __Angels__

You could buy a karaoke backing track from say Zoom.... since you need to have legally purchased the backing track to upload or own the copyright , after you buy ('i used paypal' ) they download straight to your computer then you can upload that track to SS using the new community songbook tool under 'account' called 'manage songbook'

trojan55LEVEL 111

Reply by trojan55GOLD +5

Thanks Connie ..

trojan55LEVEL 111

Reply by trojan55GOLD +5

Just checked, Zoom isn't available in the U.S.

flatduckLEVEL 57

Reply by flatduckGOLD

So as a blue member I can upload a karaoke track but I can t go and try to record it my self to sing on it even to test lolllll cause all the new song are only available to record to gold members not much fun in it for me

-Chez-

Reply by -Chez-

So as a blue member I can upload a karaoke track but I can t go and try to record it my self to sing on it even to test lolllll cause all the new song are only available to record to gold members not much fun in it for meflatduck

You can record your own uploads if you are blue

__Angels__LEVEL 111

Reply by __Angels__GOLD

forum/topic/b01c1d86

I'm confused .. trojan55

I was confused Rich , we need had downloaded some of our songs recorded in our pc or I am a donkey , I haven't downloaded any of them and haven't clue how.... anyway I don't use any program to download music .... __Angels__

You could buy a karaoke backing track from say Zoom.... since you need to have legally purchased the backing track to upload or own the copyright , after you buy ('i used paypal' ) they download straight to your computer then you can upload that track to SS using the new community songbook tool under 'account' called 'manage songbook'ConnieG

Thanks ConnieG, remember that program but I cant afford it .Thanks again for your help!!

flatduckLEVEL 57

Reply by flatduckGOLD

Can t cause once it uploaded you have to be good to record any of the song in that song. Book

RobLEVEL 90

Reply by RobSTAFF +2

ThanksKarens_Music

You might try Chrome, that's what I've been using through testing and all, and have had no problemsRainbow-Sunshine

Internet Explorer 11 doesn't support the needed playback method for accurate syncing. So syncing the lyrics is virtually impossible. For that reason we recommend using a different browser, like Chrome or FireFox.

RobLEVEL 90

Reply by RobSTAFF +2

Sound like it s for gold only , but I m curious if we can just play our own and record without having to make files to complicated for meflatduck

Blue Members can record any songs they upload themselves

Where do you mean play your own and record without having to make files?

I know at first glace it may seem complicated, but once you get your first one under your belt, it becomes pretty simple (and a lot of fun!)Novella

Mean like we can do with the original just play guitar than you got music on with having to make filesflatduck

The songbook feature does require you to upload the song. You could record yourself playing the song and save it on your PC then upload your track. Audacity is a great free program you could use for that.

ConnieGLEVEL 96

Reply by ConnieGGOLD

I'm confused .. trojan55

You could buy a karaoke backing track from say Zoom.... since you need to have legally purchased the backing track to upload or own the copyright , after you buy ('i used paypal' ) they download straight to your computer then you can upload that track to SS using the new community songbook tool under 'account' called 'manage songbook'ConnieG

Thanks ConnieG, remember that program but I cant afford it .Thanks again for your help!!__Angels__

Is not a program s a website you can buy a backing track for as little as £1.99 each not sure what that is in dollars

RobLEVEL 90

Reply by RobSTAFF +2

Let's see if I understand this correctly...

1. My wife and I wrote and recorded a Christmas song. We own the copyright.

This means I can upload my backing track of our original song. Is this correct?

2. My wife and I own many karaoke CDs purchased over time. We do not own the copyright to any of the original songs, but we legally purchased the karaoke versions.

This means I can upload any and all of these karaoke tracks - even those which are licensed here in the United States. Is this correct?

3. I downloaded a karaoke track from YouTube. I do not own the copyright to the original song, and I did not purchase this track.

This means I can NOT upload this track to Singsnap. Is this correct?neodrew

1. Yes, that is correct.

2 & 3. SingSnap does not permit copyright infringement; nor does it provide Copyright or legal advice to it's members. Fair use and private copying laws often permit consumers to transfer their lawfully acquired sound recordings but we can't provide legal advice on each song. Any concerned rights holders can find our copyright policy here. Only the copyright holder of any specific musical work has the right to register a complaint. The law is such that there is no ability for a third party to register a copyright complaint.

RobLEVEL 90

Reply by RobSTAFF +2

So as a blue member I can upload a karaoke track but I can t go and try to record it my self to sing on it even to test lolllll cause all the new song are only available to record to gold members not much fun in it for meflatduck

As a blue member you can record with any song you yourself upload. Gold members can record with all uploaded songs.

Karens_MusicLEVEL 100

Just checked, Zoom isn't available in the U.S.trojan55

Hi Rich i buy all my karaoke tracks @ selectatrack.co.uk .......as you dl it to your computer think you can buy them in every country ...they have everything zoom, cb ,sc etc etc.....

magz22

Reply by magz22GOLD

Great idea, have to check out what all you talented people have made
got one suggestion though, I do think you should make a Delete button available, as I read a post where someone had tried it out and said they had messed it up but couldnt delete it.... so I think a lot of people might be a little hesitant trying this ( me included LOL!!!) because there is no delete button incase of mistakes etc.....
Only suggesting of course

great addition though, seems like it is a Hit with a lot of singers here
well done and thank you for all your hard work setting this all up

Have an Awesome day everyone and Happy singing

Magz :):):)

flatduckLEVEL 57

Reply by flatduckGOLD

As a blue member you can record with any song you yourself upload. Gold members can record with all uploaded songs.Rob

Çan I record another blue member track

Karens_MusicLEVEL 100

If you want to upload a track but the track is already on SingSnap does there ring a bell ? I mean do we get a notice ...or do we have to check ourselves if it's already on SS or not ?

April-LadyKiraLEVEL 98

Reply by April-LadyKiraPATRON

This is totally COOL SS!! Thank You!!
Happy Christmas!!

flatduckLEVEL 57

Reply by flatduckGOLD

I see on page there s an option for public does this me we don t have to make it available to any one?

WaterbirdLEVEL 102

Reply by WaterbirdPATRON

WOW.... This is going to be a Field Day for people that create Original Music....
WTG .... SingSnap..... iLOVEIt

Merry Christmas Everyone.....

LeenyBee

Reply by LeenyBeeGOLD

Stay Safe Everyone

Shania Twain is comin' back...... woohooey!

Bucks_FizzLEVEL 110

Reply by Bucks_FizzGOLD

Listen to Trevor's announcement watchandlisten/play/bb8b998e9

Should there not be some kind of button to allow us to report an uploaded song if it has not been sync'd correctly. I looked at one earlier and found it had not been done properly so you could not sing along with it. It's pointless it being there for others to keep trying it when it doesn't work.

jeannetteb

Reply by jeannettebGOLD

Wow! Looks like I came back to SS just in time! Woooo! WTG! Great going Snap & Snappers!

Bucks_FizzLEVEL 110

Reply by Bucks_FizzGOLD

Oh and I have seen people talk about rating it, but how do you rate it. I can't see anything.

NovellaLEVEL 111

Reply by NovellaSTAFF +16

Oh and I have seen people talk about rating it, but how do you rate it. I can't see anything.Bucks_Fizz

Try recording, you'll see it

Bucks_FizzLEVEL 110

Reply by Bucks_FizzGOLD

Oh and I have seen people talk about rating it, but how do you rate it. I can't see anything.Bucks_Fizz

Try recording, you'll see it Novella

Yeah I did, but I can't see it. I must be missing it then.

Bucks_FizzLEVEL 110

Reply by Bucks_FizzGOLD

Ah, so in order to rate it you have to save it. But then if it's not working you don't want to save it. So I had to stop the recording, save it, rate it and delete it. It would be better to rate it without having to save and delete.

Outnumbered321LEVEL 85

Reply by Outnumbered321GOLD

Suddenly it doesn't feel like -20F any more

Love this!