Introducing the Community Songbook!

This topic is listed in General Discussion. It has been viewed 30,234 times and 731 replies have been made.

Next >>
NovellaLEVEL 109

Edited post by NovellaSNAP-STAR +7 +32 +1

12 YEARS on SingSnap today! Happy Snapiversary to me!

Create Your Own Karaoke Tracks On SingSnap - The Community Songbook Has Arrived!

This new feature will allow you to load an audio track, enter the lyrics, sync the two and upload your finished Karaoke track. Now the entire community can sing your creation!

Fair use and private copying laws often permit consumers to transfer their lawfully acquired sound recordings to other mediums for their use so you may be able to also upload any song you have in your possession.

SingSnap does not provide Copyright or legal advice to it’s members and does not permit copyright infringement. Any concerned rights holders can find our copyright policy here.

Check out the brief tutorial below to get started!

How Does The Songbook Work?

1. Click on the Upload tab at the top of the site. You will now be ready to upload your first backing track!

2. Enter the required details of the track! The more information you can provide, the better!

3. Now it is time to enter the lyrics. You can even change the color to customize your track!

4. Sync Time! This is where the magic begins! Click the Playback button to get started. You can also edit any lyric or title errors on this page.

5. Syncing Is Fun! Once you begin the sync process, you can use the features to correct any errors and tweak your track to perfection!

6. Once you are satisfied. Submit your track for processing!

7. Your track will now enter the processing stage. Please allow 5-10 minutes for this step to complete!

8. Once complete, you can find all of your finished songs by clicking on the 'Account' button and then selecting the Manage Songbook link.

9. Your masterpiece is ready to record!

We hope you'll enjoy the Community Songbook as much as we do! We look forward to singing your creations!

Happy Singing!

Rainbow-SunshineLEVEL 107

Edited reply by Rainbow-SunshineSNAP-STAR +3 +3

Livin & lovin life :) Wishing you all a great week <3 xoxox <3

I absolutely LOVE this and had a blast with the testing. Now to upload some Eagles, Coldplay, Snow Patrol, Nickelback....oh geez my list is long lol Kudos SS AWESOME idea
Oh if anyone needs help, I'm a pm away

melindaleaLEVEL 85

Edited reply by melindalea +2

wow This is cool.. Gonna be tricky and fun to play with... Excited.. Love new toys... Awesome Christmas present Singsnap

melindaleaLEVEL 85

Reply by melindalea +2

when these are uploaded are they only visible to ourself, or anyone can use them? I just uploaded a tester been processing for quite a while now.. maybe it's on my end.

NovellaLEVEL 109

Edited reply by NovellaSNAP-STAR +7 +32 +1

They will be available to anyone. Let me get Rob to check on the processing.

RobLEVEL 87

Reply by RobSTAFF +1 +6

when these are uploaded are they only visible to ourself, or anyone can use them? I just uploaded a tester been processing for quite a while now.. maybe it's on my end.melindalea

Your upload has finished. If you need to edit the lyrics and/or sync you can do that from the Account --> Manage Songbook page.

MarkELEVEL 69

Reply by MarkEPATRON

Hi - Very exciting!! But I'm not sure that I understand......does this mean that we can upload ANY karaoke tracks that are available, either through the web or on a cd?

What about licensing restrictions?

And then will each of these backing tracts be available for any SS member to use? How will we find out how where these new tracks will be?

Thanks!

Mark

melindaleaLEVEL 85

Reply by melindalea +2

They will be available to anyone. Let me get Rob to check on the processing.Novella

processed... this is really an amazing feature.. just want to say Thank you to all that put in work to offer this to us.. Just posted first upload, not as easy to make a karaoke track as it looks..lol I got more respect now for those that make them now..

RobLEVEL 87

Reply by RobSTAFF +1 +6

Hi - Very exciting!! But I'm not sure that I understand......does this mean that we can upload ANY karaoke tracks that are available, either through the web or on a cd?

What about licensing restrictions?

And then will each of these backing tracts be available for any SS member to use? How will we find out how where these new tracks will be?

Thanks!

MarkMarkE

SingSnap does not permit copyright infringement; nor does it provide Copyright or legal advice to it's members. Fair use and private copying laws often permit consumers to transfer their lawfully acquired sound recordings but we can't provide legal advice on each song. Any concerned rights holders can find our copyright policy here. Only the copyright holder of any specific musical work has the right to register a complaint. The law is such that there is no ability for a third party to register a copyright complaint.

Regarding your other questions, anyone can upload songs, including blue members. Access to all songs is available for Gold members. Blue members will have access to anything they themselves have uploaded.

The tracks will show on the Record --> New page as well as in search results. You can filter search results using the advanced options to show or hide songbook songs.

wendyleeLEVEL 101

Reply by wendyleeSNAP-STAR +3 +6

melindaleaLEVEL 85

Reply by melindalea +2

ok first song up "Sweet Dreams" by the Eurythmics
http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/record/record?song_id=a911910ec

melindaleaLEVEL 85

Reply by melindalea +2

I'm sorry to be a pain and have so many questions.. But i have managed to find my songbook or manage songbook, But I am still confused how to find the community one to see the songs that others have uploaded.. (Sorry kid with a new toy) I did read over the tutorial a few times.. I am sure it's there in BIG RED letters and I am missing it .

melindaleaLEVEL 85

Reply by melindalea +2

Never mind, I just read Robs last comment and figured it out... ok I won't bother yaw no more.. Huggs to all

a_god_sLEVEL 107

Reply by a_god_sSNAP-STAR +2

How cool!!

CynthiaR1161LEVEL 77

Reply by CynthiaR1161

Excellent!

-Chez-

Reply by -Chez-

wohoooo Snap YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KellyAnne4PeaceLEVEL 107

Reply by KellyAnne4PeaceSNAP-STAR +15

If I'm understanding this.... It brings back what SingSnap meant to me before songs were removed!!! Wow!! Love this!!!!!

jc4uLEVEL 99

Reply by jc4uSNAP-STAR +2

"They that sow in tears shall reap in joy." Ps. 126.5 Blessings, Joyce

Love this! Thank you for all your efforts to make SS even better than it already is! jc

BruceNY

Reply by BruceNYGOLD

Was happy to take part in the testing.. Very exciting news to the whole
snap community.. Awesome efforts from the staff

MsTakeLEVEL 83

Reply by MsTakeGOLD

WOWSERS!

MsTakeLEVEL 83

Reply by MsTakeGOLD

Wonderful stuff. Got a question though.

So, like on "Oh Susannah" by James Taylor, somebody played the guitar, right? A Snapper? Somebody went to the trouble to upload the lyrics and share, right?

Is there any way to give credit to those people. Anyway to find out who did what so we can thank them or compliment them?

aqtrcowgirl

Reply by aqtrcowgirlGOLD +1

MsTakeLEVEL 83

Reply by MsTakeGOLD

Okay, so it sounds like you can actually upload karaoke tracks you have bought and SHARE them with the SingSnap community, because as you say, "Fair use and private copying laws often permit consumers to transfer their lawfully acquired sound recordings to other mediums for their use." But what about others' use? Should Snappers really assume their recordings on these tracks will stick around?

MsTakeLEVEL 83

Edited reply by MsTakeGOLD

Meanwhile, thanks to Rainbow-Sunshine and Dueter and Rob and BruceNY for sharing and facilitating. These are some gorgeous tracks.

I-DRAGON-I

Reply by I-DRAGON-I

This is Fantastic news hoping for some Prince and some foo fighters

flatduckLEVEL 43

Reply by flatduck

Sound like it s for gold only , but I m curious if we can just play our own and record without having to make files to complicated for me

MarkELEVEL 69

Reply by MarkEPATRON

Yikes, this is just TOO cool!!

BIG thanks to Rob, Novella and all the other peeps at SS World Headquarters who set this up!!

I just checked and there are already over 30 songs added today!! Gotta figure out how to do this so I can add some!!

a566salar

Reply by a566salar

Wow Nice
I just Uploded mine
Thanks so much!!!

http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/watchandlisten/play/b89b8f28f

Tinypumpkin

Reply by TinypumpkinSNAP-STAR +10 +2

SHOCKTOBER-For all in need of a prayer The Millennium Prayer

Awesome job Singsnap!

pls8xx

Reply by pls8xxGOLD

This is a super addition to SS, a move to a direct upload to the site. And it looks simple enough that it will be used.

I have a large number of backing tracks on my computer obtained in a variety of ways. I note that it appears I am responsible to determine whether a upload would be a copyright infringement. I am in the clear to make a personal use of my tracks. The problem is that for most of them I don't have a right to distribute them.

There are many websites that sell karaoke tracks at a reasonable price. But the ones I have seen are for personal use only and do not include a right to distribute the the song or derivatives. Here is a sample of the terms many sites offer ....

" You may not copy or reproduce any content obtained from this Website or copy or reproduce any instrumental tracks purchased from the Website except for your own personal use. YOU AGREE NOT TO ALTER, MODIFY, PUBLISH, DISTRIBUTE, SELL, BROADCAST, TRANSMIT ...."

The beauty of SS is that they acquire for us a right to legally distribute our recordings (songs in the SS library, from SS servers only).

I am not in any way afraid that an improper upload would result in a copyright holder coming after me. But I highly value my SS account and I don't want to loose it. Copyrights are complicated. I'd like to think that a single mistake would not result in being booted from the site.

Bunnykins

Reply by BunnykinsSNAP-STAR +3

I KNOW YA KNOW :D - r/bc6f70c51

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this....Just tried 2 songs -Dueter- uploaded and the backing tracks are amazing....THANK YOU

Michael_SmithLEVEL 53

Reply by Michael_Smith

And To Think... I Was Going To Sell All 250 Of My Karaoke CD's... Just The Other Day.. LOL

Michael_SmithLEVEL 53

Reply by Michael_Smith

I Am Loving This.. Now I Can Play Mr DJ...
And Listen To People Sing The Song's That I Will Post...
What An Excellent Move Sing Snap!!!!!
I For One Am Loving This!!!!
Much Love Too Everyone Who Had Anything To Do With This Idea...
Thank You So Much!!!
I Just Started My First Upload Of 16 Songs Out Of The 250 That I Have Purchased Onto My PC...
I Will Work Hard At Posting Them On Here Real Soon For Everyone Too Sing And Enjoy!!!
Now All I Can Do Is Hope That When I'm Finished?
The Sound ( Volume ) And The Words Are Correct... And In Time..

trojan55LEVEL 110

Reply by trojan55SNAP-STAR +1 +6

If there's Zombie outbreak in Vegas, does it stay in Vegas

I'm confused ..

NovellaLEVEL 109

Reply by NovellaSNAP-STAR +7 +32 +1

Wonderful stuff. Got a question though.

So, like on "Oh Susannah" by James Taylor, somebody played the guitar, right? A Snapper? Somebody went to the trouble to upload the lyrics and share, right?

Is there any way to give credit to those people. Anyway to find out who did what so we can thank them or compliment them?MsTake

When you load the song, their name will be listed as "Uploaded by.... "

There's also a lot of achievement badges available!

NovellaLEVEL 109

Sound like it s for gold only , but I m curious if we can just play our own and record without having to make files to complicated for meflatduck

Blue Members can record any songs they upload themselves

Where do you mean play your own and record without having to make files?

I know at first glace it may seem complicated, but once you get your first one under your belt, it becomes pretty simple (and a lot of fun!)

NovellaLEVEL 109

I'm confused .. trojan55

Let us know what questions you have and we'll be happy to help!

Rainbow-SunshineLEVEL 107

Reply by Rainbow-SunshineSNAP-STAR +3 +3

Livin & lovin life :) Wishing you all a great week <3 xoxox <3

I sent trojan55 some info hopefully that will help him

forevrbethLEVEL 104

Reply by forevrbethGOLD

I'm confused, too. Do you mean we can upload any music for backing tracks? :::scratches head:::: I don't get it. Feeling rather dumb.

NovellaLEVEL 109

I'm confused, too. Do you mean we can upload any music for backing tracks? :::scratches head:::: I don't get it. Feeling rather dumb.forevrbeth

Essentially, you're given the ability to create your own backing tracks. So if you have instrumentals to songs - you can upload them to our site and using the tools provided, sync lyrics to lead to your own creation!

donnica59LEVEL 91

Reply by donnica59SNAP-STAR +3

I love it!

VGFan4LifeLEVEL 103

Reply by VGFan4LifeSNAP-STAR +2

Thank you all for the tricks & treats!! <3

This sounds way cool! I will have to check this out a bit more!

forevrbethLEVEL 104

Edited reply by forevrbethGOLD

HOW DO YOU DELETE SOMETHING YOU UPLOADED? Gah...I made a mistake and can't figure out how to delete it!~

OK, well, no answer yet and I'm off to bed. Someone PM me and tell me how to delete the mess I uploaded, please. Hopefully, I can fix it and take it down tomorrow. Thanks

Michael_SmithLEVEL 53

Reply by Michael_Smith

HOW DO YOU DELETE SOMETHING YOU UPLOADED? Gah...I made a mistake and can't figure out how to delete it!~

OK, well, no answer yet and I'm off to bed. Someone PM me and tell me how to delete the mess I uploaded, please. Hopefully, I can fix it and take it down tomorrow. Thanksforevrbeth

LOL I Was Wondering That As Well..

RobLEVEL 87

Reply by RobSTAFF +1 +6

OK, well, no answer yet and I'm off to bed. Someone PM me and tell me how to delete the mess I uploaded, please. Hopefully, I can fix it and take it down tomorrow. Thanksforevrbeth

Currently uploads can't be deleted. I'll PM you and we'll get things sorted out.

forevrbethLEVEL 104

Reply by forevrbethGOLD

Currently uploads can't be deleted. I'll PM you and we'll get things sorted out. Rob

I hope you can delete what I uploaded because it's a mistake. I was testing it to see how it worked and just uploaded a song thinking I could delete it, but now I see you can't. Anyway, it needs to be taken down, please. I won't make that mistake again! Thanks, Rob!

Sheri_LynneLEVEL 92

Reply by Sheri_LynneGOLD

This is AWESOME! WTG SINGSNAP...LOVE THIS.

Merry Christmas everyone!

BCSchmerker2LEVEL 87

Reply by BCSchmerker2SNAP-STAR

Thanks for a new tool for test-tracking public-domain Songs, e.g. full versions of pieces composed prior to 1882 that are available only in abridged form as of 15 December 2016 here at SingSnap®. Once I've gotten the bugs out of technique with Cakewalk® Music Creator on the ASUS® CM1630 under Microsoft® Windows® 10 Build 1607 10.0.14393.576, I might be able to do a full "no backing vocals" version of, for instance:

GWINE TO RUN ALL NIGHT, OR DE CAMPTOWN RACES / TRADITIONAL
(Stephen Collins Foster) F. D. Benteen, MPA
Grandfathered under 13 USC. The existing Sound Choice® track in Children's Songs has only one verse, and Foster wrote five for Christy's Minstrels.

Marking in Favorites to track future Replies.

emmlynnLEVEL 96

Reply by emmlynnGOLD +3

This is fantastic!!!

Steve-GLEVEL 90

Reply by Steve-GCHAT-ADMIN +3

Im glad all of you are enjoying this new addition to SS.

Bel-JayLEVEL 88

Reply by Bel-JayGOLD +1

Thank you to my anonymous trinket-giver! Much appreciated :)

Sounds great......would love to try it, but fear I might need some help!

Next >>