Singing high notes

This topic is listed in Singing & Songwriting Tips. It has been viewed 2,612 times and 119 replies have been made.

Tinypumpkin

Reply by TinypumpkinGOLD

Christmas in July: O Holy Night!

Having an extensive pitch range is nice. It increases the variety of songs one may sing. But vocal range by itself does not ensure a singer will be entertaining.pls8xx

I second that!

Having a good range or having being coached by the best vocal coach does not equate to one being a good singer. I agree with what Soco said about inborn gift; I do not have that gift/talent so I am not going to waste my money on a vocal coach...I wouldn't understand how to perform all those ahhs and laas anyway. I'm singing just to kill time and have fun...and I may give up singing tomorrow.

But for those talented people who have a passion for singing do go ahead and hone your skills. I've come across several awesome singers here; they are obviously gifted.

Tinypumpkin

Reply by TinypumpkinGOLD

I made this post on ppl singing high notes the wrong way and ruining their voice. I did not make this post with the intention on telling ppl how to sing because the only one that can truly teach yourself to sing is yourself and your own confidence.
socomicefox

This is Soco's sole intention so STOP promoting your Youtube recordings here! It is unethical to keep posting one's Youtube recordings and promoting them here.

Tinypumpkin

Reply by TinypumpkinGOLD

Many of us on SingSnap have no vocal training and perhaps unfortunately take a lead from examples of our favourite performers such as this guy, but is it really all that bad?
StephenD2408

Hey Stephen!
Welcome to Singsnap!

I don't have vocal training either. It all depends on how serious or passionate you are on singing. I don't take it seriously.

Happy singing!
~tiny

sabathielLEVEL 44

Reply by sabathiel

Here is an example of living proof of a person who totally cannot sing and his vocal transformation through learning and dedicated hard work within the span of 10 years. Starting from 2008 where he struggles maintaining proper pitch to being a seasoned pro singer in 2018. There are many other living examples of people who are even tone deaf becoming highly competent singers releasing albums etc. You can just do a Youtube search but I choose this guy.

sabathielLEVEL 44

Edited reply by sabathiel

And about ethics we are being swamped with different foreign cultural elements seeking to impose their alien cultural ways of life and principles upon Western civilisation. The problem with personal ethics is that they are mostly subjective meaning they are held personally in the mind of the beholder and cannot nor should it be enforced upon others. It is like religion......you follow yours and we follow ours without attempting to impose it upon others who don't subscribe to those beliefs or ethical "rules" unless someone died and made you KING with absolute powers. These so called ethical rules cannot be found in written form where people can check what those rules or principles are and not only they vary from person to person but may also change over time without notice. The good thing about written rules is that they can be easily searched and verified meaning everybody knows where they stand in regard to the rules so everyone can be on the same page. Keep America and Western civilisation in general great by protecting freedom, individual rights and liberties which may be alien to other non-Western culture but hey when they come to our turf why should we adapt to their way of life and not the other way around.

William Wallace ALL THE WAY!!!

socomicefoxLEVEL 78

Edited reply by socomicefoxGOLD

Pull the other one SOCO.......do you really think Jesus is an idiot?

sabathiel

This sing you did is perfect example of how to ruin your voice. Drink alot of water after singing like that my man.

sabathielLEVEL 44

,:)

sabathielLEVEL 44

Pull the other one SOCO.......do you really think Jesus is an idiot?

sabathiel

This sing you did is perfect example of how to ruin your voice. Drink alot of water after singing like that my man.socomicefox

Dude, I'm not just saying things here without being able to justify or explain them.

The video down below this paragraph is me doing the same exact song in 2015 before I mastered the correct healthy singing technique. And this performance was done in a lower key..... a half step lower than the original key. That is because I couldn't sing it in 2015 in the original key and yet after 4 takes I need a break for around 40 minutes because I lost my voice and yes I would ruin my voice if I keep on singing like this. However the recent take with the "King" beanie was performed this week in the original key and as I said that was my 10th take and I could do another 10 more because I was still fit as a fiddle with no indication of being hoarse or suffering from vocal fatigue. That is because now I use the correct muscles when singing without engaging the wrong unnecessary muscles that causes vocal fatigue. Basically all I do now with the correct technique is manipulate my voice box (larynx) by thinning them the more I go up the higher notes. This is highly efficient because the less muscles you use when singing tough songs the less likely you are gonna get tired. Listen to the two recordings attentively with headphones...not only the new recording creates better voice resonance with less effort it has a much brighter vocal placement without pushing a dark thicker sound which creates the sound at the back of the mouth. Placing the sound/voice at the front is the healthy way of singing. Pay attention to the tiny details of how in both recordings the voice is produced. There are a small element of pushing in the new recording but that is for voice effect to give the sound more grit and a rockier edge but the pushing is done minimally which means saving energy spending low "vocal dollars" in the long run. The recording with the "Messiah" beanie which is the 2015 recording is a high cost performance and dangerous to vocal health.......even drinking lots of water won't help.

TOMILLERLEVEL 57

Reply by TOMILLERGOLD

I really think you are an alright guy, Sabathiel, but SOCO is right!!!
You are really straining your voice here and I don't think you realize it!!!
Listen back to it on Youtube very carefully!!!!
I don't mean this in a bad way, but I don't want you to lose your voice early in life, my friend!!!
Your friend always,
Tom

sabathielLEVEL 44

TOMILLERLEVEL 57

Reply by TOMILLERGOLD

I'm not an arrogant person, my friend, I just want to help you! I don't think I'm anything!!!
Just a caring friend!!!

sabathielLEVEL 44

I'm not an arrogant person, my friend, I just want to help you! I don't think I'm anything!!!
Just a caring friend!!!TOMILLER

To contradict someone who is more qualified and better at a particular matter is arrogant. It's like a student of physics contradicting a professor of physics and saying things like the professor is wrong. That is arrogance my friend because arrogance is acting much better than what a person really is. You may be a caring person but you are caring about the wrong issues and your care is misplaced. If you are not arrogant than at least you are pretending to be arrogant. And to pretend is to lie. LOL

Tinypumpkin

Reply by TinypumpkinGOLD

Ethics and morals are NOT alien cultural ways of life…our learned friend is saying Western civilization does not have ethics and morals but I believe he is the only one without ethics and morals.

Ethics and morals existed in all cultures around the world since time immemorial. It is so ubiquitous that it is just simple commonsense; what is the norm for conduct that distinguish between acceptable and unacceptable behavior. They are not written rules. This is not ‘alien cultural ways of life and principles’ and are not restricted to non-Western culture. Westerners have ethics and morals too…if he has no ethics and morals he should just speak for himself.

I know he tries to work around the 100-recordings limit for blue members and thinks that he’s very smart. I wonder what TREVOR has to say when more and more members stop purchasing gold, record on Youtube and promote their songs here.

He always mocked me and tried to humiliate me by referring to me as alien culture but he’s forgotten that he looks more Asian than Western by virtue of his Indonesian Chinese mother. Indonesia is our neighbor so he is half alien!

Australia has one of the nicest people in the world but someone with such a high handed character and no ethics just can’t fit in so he always implied that he’s from America. Maybe if he goes back to Indonesia he could blend in very nicely with the local people there.

My country was under the rule of Westerners for centuries; later…British rule before independence in 1957 hence our laws were modeled after those of Britain. We may not be as advanced as some Western countries but we have adapted the Western culture for centuries. It is nothing to be proud of if someone comes from a developed Western country but has a third world mentality; looks upon people from non-Western countries as aliens and worse still labeled ethics as ‘like a religion’. His argument that ‘ethical rules cannot be found in written form where people can check what those rules are’ is so lame.

Sorry to burst his bubble but non-western culture value ‘freedom, individual rights and liberties’ too. He never practiced what he preached; he harassed me on another thread and broke SS Code of conduct; what happened to his western culture of freedom and individual rights? http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/forum/topic/bd1c60cc

Don't pick a fight
Do not single out other members and discuss in a negative context unless they are already party to the discussion. When in disagreements, always keep the discussion civil by not ridiculing, mocking, humiliating, insulting or referring to another member in a derogatory, threatening or malicious manner.

And now he is claiming that SS is his turf! SS is Canadian and governed by the laws in Canada NOT America. Maybe he bought some shares from Trevor. I’m a member just like him. He is as alien as I am here on SS.

Since he’s so bent on promoting himself go on strike outside your embassy with a placard that says ‘KEEP AMERICA AND WESTERN CIVILISATION GREAT’ then you could become as famous as Greta.

Anyway I still wish him luck in his quest to become the next William Hung!

sabathielLEVEL 44

Just like laws in different countries are different so are ethics in different countries different and with ethics it is even a lot more different than laws in various countries. You may have ethics to sleep around before marriage however a different person may not share that same ethics. One thing is for certain ethics are not enforceable. You can bitch till the cows come home and yet no one is obliged to submit to the ethical thoughts of another person. However everyone is obliged to follow the law in the place they live in. That is quite simple and irrefutable. If anyone appeals to a sense of ethical virtue then by default the most ethical virtue of all among all ethical people is to tell the truth and not lie let alone defame anyone. Lying is not illegal and hence it is a breach of ethic rather than a breach of the law. It cannot be enforced meaning to comply with ethics whether that is your own or other people's ethic it is optional.

It is a matter of fact that lying is far more permissible in certain cultures and certain countries just as much the vice of hypocrisy is more rampant in certain countries and cultures than others. It is the height of hypocrisy to appeal to ethics but yet in the same breath fail miserably in fulfilling the simplest and greatest ethic of all which is not to lie or defame another person. As a son of an Englishman the hypocrisy and lack of integrity of some I find highly detestable and hideous especially when the people who appeal to a sense of ethic are the worst offenders of the most basic decent sense of universal ethic embodied in the Judeo-Christian moral law of The Ten Commandments which state unequivocally "thou shalt not lie"!

socomicefoxLEVEL 78

socomicefoxLEVEL 78

Big yikes! This is the way to ruin your voice man stop singing like this. LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO hearing this just made my night though! Dude I am rolling right now!!!!! Sabathiel your voice when you sing is entertaining my man its funny and thats a good thing! Its good to challenge yourself on songs but some songs is just not meant for some voices.

socomicefoxLEVEL 78

Reply by socomicefoxGOLD

Sabathiel I have a song that might fit your voice perfect. Louis Armstrong - What A Wonderful World

THat song you will ace with your voice I bet. I would like to hear you sing that.

SoloSongstressLEVEL 102

Reply by SoloSongstressGOLD

Discovering more and more about the new beta site...

The only high notes I sing are when I stand on my tiptoes to read the screen.sofaraway2019
Best line in the whole thread!JPick

Not anymore! LMAO!!! This discussion delivers on the comedy!

Tinypumpkin

Reply by TinypumpkinGOLD

LMAO! The truth hurts like hell!!!

Hmm...now that he's the son of an Englishman I guess an apology is in order because the English are very noble people. I don't think his father would approve of him attacking a defenseless old lady.

He may have ethics to sleep around but I wouldn't be where I am today if I had shared his same ethics...but then again I have much better taste when it came to choosing my partner.

And now he's preaching the Ten Commandments...oh GOD!!!

sabathielLEVEL 44

Big yikes! This is the way to ruin your voice man stop singing like this. LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO hearing this just made my night though! Dude I am rolling right now!!!!! Sabathiel your voice when you sing is entertaining my man its funny and thats a good thing! Its good to challenge yourself on songs but some songs is just not meant for some voices.socomicefox

First, I recall from awhile back in the political forum on this site which now has been closed that in your Singsnap profile bio you mentioned that you are suffering from either a mental illness or that you are mentally handicapped. Not that there is anything wrong with having a disability like that but that was one of the reason people in the political forum took it easy on you because people just say "take it easy...go and read his profile bio and you will understand why". Now how is this relevant to the current discussion you may ask? Well if people just click on the Kiss from a Rose video above on the title of the song at the top it will open the Youtube page directly. Why do this? Because then you can see the number of views which is over 3,000 with 66 LIKES and only 5 dislikes. How is this information relevant? It is relevant because someone who does not have a cognitive disability will come to the realisation that a cover of a song with over 3,000 views and 66 LIKES and only 5 dislikes is a good cover. You go and try uploading a cover to Youtube and see if you can get 66 LIKES and over 3,000 views. It is not easy.

Now I will bring up further relevant facts to discredit your opinion and cognitive judgement. I have actually been in a real band, recorded in a studio and performed with my band live before a real live audience with songs that I have written myself meaning I am a real musician not just someone doing karaoke. Here is the proof:

Keep going and I will post more Youtube videos to prove my credentials as a real musician. I HAVE PLENTY!! It will destroy inferior creatures of the dark the enemy of Jedis. The Force is strong with this one. LOL

sabathielLEVEL 44

Buahahahahahahahahahaha.........now I don't have to be modest anymore that the cat is out of the bag and people knowing I am a recording musician. We have released 3 albums! Bwahahahahahahahaha.....people pay for our music. More to come. Bit by bit. LOL

Tinypumpkin

Reply by TinypumpkinGOLD

Oh dear! He’s a struggling musician singing outside toilets!

Do go easy on him Soco.

But I think people paid much more for William Hung ‘s music.

socomicefoxLEVEL 78

I dont care if you was in a garage band bro and sung at places no better than a talent show or a bunch of side street performers! My man am I supposed to click your video and take a look at likes and dislikes? Btw likes can be bought on youtube by bots just saying likes mean nothing and dislikes mean nothing. You think as a singer I give a damn about likes or dislikes does that mean anything? Is not getting any likes or getting dislikes gonna make me sing any different than what I do? Absolutely not. I also dont claim to be a professional singer after I have sung in talent shows myself and on stages at a football stadium in front of many many many ppl in the thousands I have also sung at clubs but I am no professional singer.

I dont give a damn that you was in a garage band my dude congrats. I dont care that you made albums lmfaoooo! I am just going by what I heard in the above youtube videos! I was telling you what I heard! You was straining your voice. I made this post telling ppl to sing healthy and sing at their range and dont strain their voice.

Anyways Sabathiel I did not make this post for your youtube videos to be promoted. I made this post to tell ppl singing over their range/straining their voice as you do in your youtube videos is the wrong way to sing and it is not healthy for the voice and can ruin the voice. With that being said sir you can see your way out my post and end your promotion of your videos you want to do that make your own post. Thank you.

Tinypumpkin

Reply by TinypumpkinGOLD

This SS member, Brad McKinney is a damn good singer and he is sooo humble. I really love his voice and had bought his songs on iTunes. I can't sing his songs; they aren't easy but he is such a nice guy. Do check him out. He is AWESOME!

Up and coming singers should be humble and not be cocky. They need to have good PR to build up a huge fan base. Telling people you are good and labeling others as ARROGANT is a put off!!! Thumbs down!!!

Soco if you ever released a song or put it on iTunes I will buy it. Even if other SS member puts his song on iTunes I will buy it as long as he is humble and does not BULLY other members here. That is all the encouragement I could give to my fellow members here.

As per someone above just like ethics; music is not enforceable; 'you can bitch till the cows come home and yet no one is obliged to submit to the (ethical) thoughts of another person'. What you perceived is good to you may sound like a hound dog barking at the moon or bert and ernie from sesame street...but I enjoyed Sesame Street...err...when my boy was little. Hey! My grandson is 7 months now. He might enjoy Sesame Street when he's older.

StephenD2408LEVEL 70

Reply by StephenD2408GOLD

Forced? No way! This Guy is in control 100%! Wow! This is beautiful! Tks for sharing!jeannetteb

I agree. He is in full control and employs good technique. The placement is good....frontal in the mask. The sound is bright not muffled at the back of the mouth meaning he employs twang or mask singing. You can tell the high notes he can go even higher and are executed with relative ease. He is Billy Thorpe a famous commercial rock singer........meaning singing "Over the Rainbow" is a BREEEEEEEEEZE in the park as his rock songs would be far far more challenging. It's kinda like Rod Stewart switching from rock to jazz with his American songbook repertoire. Not really a good example to use to show bad technique.

You see the problem is that people have different ears and not all ears are created equal either. So to an untrained ear what sounds as forced may not sound as so to a trained ear and vice versa. Not only not all ears are created equal the knowledge possessed by the person with the ears vary from person to person meaning the more knowledge you have the more likely you are to pick up the nuances in sounds produced by various singers. I mean how many here can even tell where the sounds are produced in the mouth of the singers in the videos posted on this thread? You know like at the front or at the back of the mouth? A year ago I have no clue what that means and I thought to myself how can you tell? Now that I can produce those sounds using different vocal placement by default, through experience, I can relate to what is happening in a singer's mouth or larynx when they are producing sounds while singing.......I go "argh.......that's what he is doing....that's a good efficient way of producing the sound and if he is a commercial touring singer singing day in day out.....he will not be hoarse even after singing 2 hours of rock songs"

If you ask why employ good technique? Well, try singing songs like"Born to Run" (in the original key) 7 takes in a row and see if you can keep on going for another hour. If you get tired and need a break then your technique is bad. Now imagine you are pro rock singer and tour around the world 6 months singing night after night at 2 hour gigs? This is where good technique will help massively and take you a long way by not killing yourself night after night meaning you will experience longevity singing exactly the same way you did in your 20s all the way to your 70s. If all you wanna do is sing as a hobby 4 - 5 songs a week at karaoke.....yes! you can get away with bad technique but your options when singing remain limited compared to a singer having sound vocal production through a healthy technique. Hobbyists can get away with it, pros especially depending on your genre...has to consider employing good technique for obvious reasons already stated. The more passion you have, the more you care! sabathiel

Great write up on Billy Thorpe who undeniably had a great voice. I'm not convinced though that singing a ballad like Over the Rainbow would be a breeze for any seasoned rock singer. Id like to hear Jimmy Barnes sing it today aftet years of singing rock not just seasoned but well pickled lol. His son though can sing both ballads and rock extremely well if not better and he's not really a seasoned rock singer. Singing rock I think requires different technique to say opera or singjng a ballad, none are 'easier' than another.

As for going the distance I also think its not just about technique. The muscles that control the vocal chords are just like any other. The more you exercise them by singing (with good techniqje) the stronger they become thus reducing fatigue after singing many songs one after the other. I see youve posted a reference to Dr Dan. I'm a big fan. He's great I often listen to what he hss to say.

Cheers
Steve (from Melb)

StephenD2408LEVEL 70

Reply by StephenD2408GOLD

Many of us on SingSnap have no vocal training and perhaps unfortunately take a lead from examples of our favourite performers such as this guy, but is it really all that bad?
StephenD2408

Hey Stephen!
Welcome to Singsnap!

I don't have vocal training either. It all depends on how serious or passionate you are on singing. I don't take it seriously.

Happy singing!
~tiny Tinypumpkin

Thanks for the welcome message Tiny. You might not take it too seriously but it appears not everyone thinks like you, lol.

Singing should be all about having fun and not taken too seriously but then again I don't see any harm in challenging yourself. It would become very boring itherwise. Ive enjoyed singing for years only now finally having something in common with famous singers like Neil Diamond, Linda Rondstat and Billy Conolly, Im making the most of it while still able and SS is the ideal venue. In fact too much so, it's extremely addictive!

Cheers
Stephen

Tinypumpkin

Reply by TinypumpkinGOLD

To each his own Stephen. It’s perfectly alright to take singing seriously if you have the passion or you’re making a career out of it. But someone obviously thinks he is the BEST and nobody must criticize his ability; labeling others as arrogant and lying when he is the one that’s arrogant!

I’m sorry that you have to witness the heated exchange of words on your first few days here on SS. Please don’t be alarmed Stephen. This is not the norm; everyone has been very friendly since I came here in 2015. I have never met anyone so rude and merciless until he attacked me on another thread. You could go and read his posts to gauge for yourself who is the bad guy. It is not my style to be rude to anyone but when I’ve been torn to shreds I will be in counter attack mode!

I’ve listened to your song and I really loved your voice...keep singing since you’re enjoying it. You will have the chance to meet a lot of amazing singers here...and they are all very humble and helpful. That is the protocol...ethics that exist all over the world.

May you enjoy your stay here Stephen!
~tiny

sabathielLEVEL 44

Tinypumpkin

Edited reply by TinypumpkinGOLD

sabathiel

Ahh...you decided to remove your post. I guess you realized you were referring to yourself and belittling yourself. You are the only one who could not face the truth...haha!

If it's any consolation to you, just be assured you are better than me when it comes to singing.

jeannetteb

Reply by jeannettebGOLD

Everybody who owns a computer, should be using Beta to help find bugs and get them fixed quicker! ??

TOMILLERLEVEL 57

Reply by TOMILLERGOLD

I'm just going to go wallow in my arrogance!!!!!!

pls8xx

Reply by pls8xxGOLD

I have seen that those with a high musical talent often had other family members who shared that talent. So maybe there is some truth to the theory that some are born with talent. Even so, it might be that any inherited talent must be developed.

Unfortunately for me, no one in my family is gifted with musical talent, me included. But most everybody can speak, and most everybody can learn to sing to some degree. But compared with real talent, its going to be an uphill endeavor.

I've worked with two professional level singers and I quickly saw I would never equal their singing. And nobody on this thread could either.

In a way I consider myself lucky not to have a special talent. For those people, music is everything. Many spend their life chasing a rainbow. Even the few that find success as a recording artist, become a slave to the industry, going and doing what they are told. Socializing with those they don't like. Spending their life on the road; living out of a suitcase. And missing the joy of having a family. For most well known recording artist, there isn't even a lot of money for the sacrifice they endure.

JPickLEVEL 72

Reply by JPickGOLD

Hi :-)

I have seen that those with a high musical talent often had other family members who shared that talent. So maybe there is some truth to the theory that some are born with talent.pls8xx
Yes, that happens. I know some famous Italian actor, and his son has the very same voice and mannerisms, he's just like his father.

And regarding vocal skills, the Italian singer Claudio Villa had a natural daughter. I'll let her singing speak for herself. (They weren't physically together in that TV studio, he was dead by then, still it was an amazing duet)

JPickLEVEL 72

Reply by JPickGOLD

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO hearing this just made my night though! Dude I am rolling right now!!!!!socomicefox

There are lots of male and female Florences (like Florence Foster Jenkins). And she had a coach.

Tinypumpkin

Reply by TinypumpkinGOLD

Hmm...all quiet on the western front!

I was sleeping with a big smile on my face the whole night.

Tinypumpkin

Reply by TinypumpkinGOLD

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO hearing this just made my night though! Dude I am rolling right now!!!!!socomicefox

There are lots of male and female Florences (like Florence Foster Jenkins). And she had a coach.JPick

Having a good coach does not equate to being a good singer. He hangs out with the best in the industry so he claims that he is the best and labeled people who thinks otherwise as not human. I think the mods got him to remove his last post. He was going too far!

ZZ-EdLEVEL 67

Reply by ZZ-EdGOLD

Been there.
Done that.

You will learn that arguing with someone who is completely deluded is a total waste of your time and energy. Throw in a strong hint of autism and you've got a combination that is a giant black hole where any intelligent discussion or argument ...amounts to...absolute....ZERO.

Tinypumpkin

Reply by TinypumpkinGOLD

Very entertaining.

Meryl Streep was amazing! Would she ruin her voice?

TOMILLERLEVEL 57

Reply by TOMILLERGOLD

I'd say it's a pretty good chance she would...over time.

Sally_SalindraLEVEL 86

Reply by Sally_SalindraGOLD

Just a few from the metal band Queensryche I recently did here for vocal input?

Jet City Woman by sPIRIToFmYSTERY = http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/r/c1899d563

Silent Lucidity by sPIRIToFmYSTERY = http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/r/c188c18c3

Queen Of The Reich by sPIRIToFmYSTERY = http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/r/c6961b943

Take Hold Of The Flame by sPIRIToFmYSTERY = http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/r/c68caa963

P.S. I was struggling with allergies during set that night so not at my vocal best!

JPickLEVEL 72

Reply by JPickGOLD

Silent Lucidity by sPIRIToFmYSTERY = http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/r/c188c18c3sPIRIToFmYSTERY

Vocal input as you want us to comment on your singing? I only listened to the first two recordings you shared above, and you're using falsetto in both of them, whereas the original singers are not using falsetto. That per se is not a bad thing, as it could be a different take/version, or a different arrangement of a song. But not every male falsetto is good. Bee Gees' falsetto is good, but I guess yours far from that. That said, you found a way to sing songs you like, so WTG for me!

Sally_SalindraLEVEL 86

Edited reply by Sally_SalindraGOLD

Silent Lucidity by sPIRIToFmYSTERY = http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/r/c188c18c3sPIRIToFmYSTERY

Vocal input as you want us to comment on your singing? I only listened to the first two recordings you shared above, and you're using falsetto in both of them, whereas the original singers are not using falsetto. That per se is not a bad thing, as it could be a different take/version, or a different arrangement of a song. But not every male falsetto is good. Bee Gees' falsetto is good, but I guess yours far from that. That said, you found a way to sing songs you like, so WTG for me!JPick

Actually it's NOT male falsetto, I just have a unique high tenor type voice... countertenor Falsetto singing is similar sound to head voice but different production. The low notes on 2nd song are glottal fry which is a low falsetto, but the high notes on all my songs are my natural pitch. I have to carefully strain to sing the low parts, though brief deep ventures OK. The 3rd song is entirely full voice, and 4th song mixed voice. Basically, my voice never broke at puberty, so I retained my childhood high voice. All explained on my profile page http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/member/spiritofmystery

P.S. I'm also an enigma at karaoke clubs and choirs, as people don't understand my odd voice They too think I'm singing in falsetto which I'm not, and my natural speech is also high

JPickLEVEL 72

Reply by JPickGOLD

my voice never broke at pubertysPIRIToFmYSTERY

Sorry to hear that, and to most ears it sounds like a falsetto, because I can tell it's from a grown man, not from a child. And way far from countertenor opera singers' vocals.

Sally_SalindraLEVEL 86

Edited reply by Sally_SalindraGOLD

Sorry to hear that, and to most ears it sounds like a falsetto, because I can tell it's from a grown man, not from a child. And way far from countertenor opera singers' vocals.JPick

I'm a natural castrato* but bill myself as a high tenor or countertenor. I'm mostly 'rock' but sometimes challenge other genres; country, pop, folk, etc. Below is a 'show' tune I recently did on my YouTube channel ;D

A castrato (Italian, plural: castrati) is a type of classical male singing voice equivalent to that of a soprano, mezzo-soprano, or contralto. The voice is produced by castration of the singer before puberty, or it occurs in one who, due to an endocrinological condition, never reaches sexual maturity. | http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castrato

socomicefoxLEVEL 78

Sorry to hear that, and to most ears it sounds like a falsetto, because I can tell it's from a grown man, not from a child. And way far from countertenor opera singers' vocals.JPick

I'm a natural castrato* but bill myself as a high tenor or countertenor. I'm mostly 'rock' but sometimes challenge other genres; country, pop, folk, etc. Below is a 'show' tune I recently did on my YouTube channel ;D

A castrato (Italian, plural: castrati) is a type of classical male singing voice equivalent to that of a soprano, mezzo-soprano, or contralto. The voice is produced by castration of the singer before puberty, or it occurs in one who, due to an endocrinological condition, never reaches sexual maturity. | http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castrato

sPIRIToFmYSTERY

Bro ima keep it real with you. You gotta go on the voice dude!!! This is amazing. Sounded like I was listening to a old grandma sing this song not meant to be negative man just telling you how I hear it but it was a great sing vocally! You have a unique voice 100% I flagged you. My opinion dude solid sing. And with your voice is you still gotta be careful on those high notes. During your sing of Somewhere Over The Rainbow I did hear you struggle on some high notes. We all do man... But you gotta be careful singing to high/low or else you can ruin your voice. Practice your breathing when singing and learn how to control your breathing while singing and your voice will be even more better. With your voice its different like with me if I sing to high I strain. If you yourself with your voice you have sing to high/low you strain. You have a great range in your vocals but you still can go over your range and at the same time you also strain if you sing to low with the way your voice is. So if I was you find how low your voice can go and how high it can go and get used to that feeling once you get used to it you know that is your max vocal range and it will only grow from there if you use it correctly and grow your voice correctly.

Not even jk with you bro. You have a solid voice. A unique gift that if found how to use correctly you will be absolutely amazing. I honestly would get a vocal coach in your situation and I would work with them because they can help you with your unique voice on how to use that voice and unlock things about your voice that you didnt know you could do. This is a voice that once you learn how to control can get into a recording studio. Good luck.

socomicefoxLEVEL 78

Today earlier this afternoon I also went and sing a song high pitched just to challenge myself with my voice. Welp lets just say I did terrible.. I honestly would rate this 7/10 if that this was absolutely one of my worst sings on a challenging song nothing I would put into a contest. Yall here that I went off pitch in this damn song oof! Ya know what this dont sound that bad listening to it clearly. Singing with a low voice on a high pitch song not bad tbh.

http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/watchandlisten/play/c89f11a37

socomicefoxLEVEL 78

Reply by socomicefoxGOLD

Vocal input as you want us to comment on your singing? I only listened to the first two recordings you shared above, and you're using falsetto in both of them, whereas the original singers are not using falsetto. That per se is not a bad thing, as it could be a different take/version, or a different arrangement of a song. But not every male falsetto is good. Bee Gees' falsetto is good, but I guess yours far from that. That said, you found a way to sing songs you like, so WTG for me!JPick

Actually it's NOT male falsetto, I just have a unique high tenor type voice... countertenor Falsetto singing is similar sound to head voice but different production. The low notes on 2nd song are glottal fry which is a low falsetto, but the high notes on all my songs are my natural pitch. I have to carefully strain to sing the low parts, though brief deep ventures OK. The 3rd song is entirely full voice, and 4th song mixed voice. Basically, my voice never broke at puberty, so I retained my childhood high voice. All explained on my profile page http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/member/spiritofmystery

P.S. I'm also an enigma at karaoke clubs and choirs, as people don't understand my odd voice They too think I'm singing in falsetto which I'm not, and my natural speech is also high sPIRIToFmYSTERY

The lead singer of The 4 Seasons had a high pitched unique voice. Dude im telling you your voice is special and if learned how to control you could be a professional.

socomicefoxLEVEL 78

@spiritofmystery

Some of the best opera singers were castrato! Im telling you man get a vocal coach you have a voice that could be turned professional. People pay big $$$$ in the music industry to hear that kind of voice you have.

JPickLEVEL 72

Edited reply by JPickGOLD

I honestly would rate this 7/10

http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/watchandlisten/play/c89f11a37socomicefox

I see in the song page you rated yourself 5/10
I'd say 5.5, considering that some parts are well delivered, others totally off tune.

socomicefoxLEVEL 78

I honestly would rate this 7/10

http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/watchandlisten/play/c89f11a37socomicefox

I see in the song page you rated yourself 5/10
I'd say 5.5, considering that some parts are well delivered, others totally off tune.JPick

Yea it was alright. I sing that song in a high pitch challenged myself to sing a high pitch song without actually straining. LMFAOOO I give myself a 2/10 now ahahaha!