Improved Recorder Feedback

This topic is listed in General Discussion.
It has been viewed 10,903 times and 379 replies have been made.

Previous Next
STRESSARELLA

Reply by STRESSARELLAGOLD +3

Shocktober week 3: r/b1a4b8199

I tried a duet last night with the new recorder & just had problems mixing it, I couldn't really understand about the - & + buttons,

so I deleted the duet & went back to the old recorder.

I hope the old recorder will still be there for us that can't fully understand the new recorder yet.STRESSARELLA

so does anyone know if the old recorder will be an option for us to keep or will we eventually have to use the new recorder?

for some reason this was over looked.

Sandy-LyLa

Reply by Sandy-LyLaGOLD +2 +3

Terrorists targeting Canadian soldiers on Canadian soil.....God Bless our country.

I've been using the recorder for quite some time now & like it very much, I don't do many duets but as for the mixing & playback sound right away it's great. I was hoping it was soon going to be available to all....it's GREAT !!

blaza

Reply by blazaPATRON

The original recorder was good, but this is beta. :OP

Rob

Reply by RobSTAFF +3 +16

I think I'll be Hagrid this Halloween. Thanks to Face in Hole for the "costume". LOL

I tried a duet last night with the new recorder & just had problems mixing it, I couldn't really understand about the - & + buttons,

I hope the old recorder will still be there for us that can't fully understand the new recorder yet.STRESSARELLA

so does anyone know if the old recorder will be an option for us to keep or will we eventually have to use the new recorder?

for some reason this was over looked.STRESSARELLA

At some point we will discontinue the original recorder, but it won't be for a little while still. Once we get the last few bugs workout the improved recorder should work far better than the original.

iffypresley

Reply by iffypresleyGOLD

the recorder looks ace and seems to work mint for me.if im wrong correct me.lol...but there isnt a preview option like the old simple recorder...thts one of the reasons ive never used the mmsb recorder...i gave up messing with the mic vol etc.by the time ur happy with it..the song isnt on new songs and ur time has gone on page 1.....cause its took u 20 mins to sort the timing and mic vol..lol... cant we have a preview button like the old simple recorder has?lol....or is it there and i cant see it,lol...

Yankee_Julie314

Reply by Yankee_Julie314GOLD +1 +3

My friend Amereck is back! Ty for the duet, Dave! r/b4ae022d1

Iffypresley, there is a preview. After you are done recording, click the arrow that says, "Review your recording." Then a spinning wheel comes up that says, "Preparing preview." Shortly, then a preview should come up where you can adjust what you need to like in the original recorder/player.

If your spinning wheel keeps spinning and doesn't go on to the preview shortly, this has been a known issue. Go to this thread.

http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/forum/topic/b11dbe0

I'm putting the link there in case you want to flag that thread.

Here's what I wanted you to see from that thread....

11/1/2011: The "Preparing Preview" appears, but The Mixer never appears.

Resolution: Click "I like it, let's proceed to saving it" to possibly save your recording. If it was salvageable, you can remix the recording to adjust the volume, etc.

Hope that helps.

Jason

Reply by JasonSTAFF +3 +1

the recorder looks ace and seems to work mint for me.if im wrong correct me.lol...but there isnt a preview option like the old simple recorder...thts one of the reasons ive never used the mmsb recorder...i gave up messing with the mic vol etc.by the time ur happy with it..the song isnt on new songs and ur time has gone on page 1.....cause its took u 20 mins to sort the timing and mic vol..lol... cant we have a preview button like the old simple recorder has?lol....or is it there and i cant see it,lol...iffypresley

I have to say, I'm confused by this. When you click "Review your Recording" what happens?

iffypresley

Reply by iffypresleyGOLD

Iffypresley, there is a preview. After you are done recording, click the arrow that says, "Review your recording." Then a spinning wheel comes up that says, "Preparing preview." Shortly, then a preview should come up where you can adjust what you need to like in the original recorder/player.

If your spinning wheel keeps spinning and doesn't go on to the preview shortly, this has been a known issue. Go to this thread.

http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/forum/topic/b11dbe0

I'm putting the link there in case you want to flag that thread.

Here's what I wanted you to see from that thread....

11/1/2011: The "Preparing Preview" appears, but The Mixer never appears.

Resolution: Click "I like it, let's proceed to saving it" to possibly save your recording. If it was salvageable, you can remix the recording to adjust the volume, etc.

Hope that helps.singingsister57

lol i feel stupid now..yep ur right preview is there....i previewed it without thinkin...lmao.....then i thought where is the preview haha....thanks for ur help singingsister.:)..looks a great piece of kit..:)ill be using the new recorder all the time now...lol...

Jason

Glad you worked it out!

iffypresley

Reply by iffypresleyGOLD

im sober as well lol

RonnieHollywood

Edited reply by RonnieHollywood

I have not been able to adjust the voice/musice. I tried to increase my voice level, but found it didn't matter where I moved the button, there was no change. I even tried to go back and remix the song to no avail. I'm giving up for today. I have tried both the old and new for a total of ten times. I'll try again tomorrow.

Jason

LOL. I've had some wine... I thought maybe too much!! Seriously though, glad you've worked it out and hope you enjoy using the Improved Recorder.

Jason

I have not been able to adjust the voice/musice. I tried to increase my voice level, but found it didn't matter where I moved the button, there was no change. I even tried to go back and remix the song to no avail. I'm giving up for today. I have tried both the old and new for a total of ten times. I'll try again tomorrow.RonnieHollywood

Can you PM me a link to the recording so I can try to make sure its not a server problem?

Do you have Flash 10.3 or higher? That is required for the advanced functions in the mixer.

Yankee_Julie314

Glad you worked it out! jason

hahaha me, too. Iffy, don't worry, I'm constantly doing things like that. I call it sleep deprivation due to Singsnap addiction. going offline but will check back if you want to message me, Iffy. Would be better to message staff because I'm a lowly peasant when it comes to real knowledge on stuff like this. Get myself in trouble trying to "fix" things. hehe byeeee

Jason

hahaha me, too. Iffy, don't worry, I'm constantly doing things like that. I call it sleep deprivation due to Singsnap addiction. going offline but will check back if you want to message me, Iffy. Would be better to message staff because I'm a lowly peasant when it comes to real knowledge on stuff like this. Get myself in trouble trying to "fix" things. hehe byeeeesingingsister57

Pfff... this coming from one of our most valuable and experienced beta testers...

STRESSARELLA

Reply by STRESSARELLAGOLD +3

for some reason this was over looked.STRESSARELLA

At some point we will discontinue the original recorder, but it won't be for a little while still. Once we get the last few bugs workout the improved recorder should work far better than the original. Rob

thanks Jason, I will try to work it out with the new mixer, I am sure all of us are at some point scared of a little change, lol

or I am anyway

Recording-Support

Reply by Recording-Support

Tutorial on how to use the New SingSnap Recorder:

http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/r/c167ebcd4

Happy Singing!

~ Chris

rabsgal

Reply by rabsgalGOLD +4

it is so encouraging to know that you guys are always working on improvements, and personally, I think this is one of your best improvements ( I love it !!! ty ty ty for all the many added improvements ,,,,,,,, you guys are fantastic barbara ( rabsgal)

STRESSARELLA

Edited reply by STRESSARELLAGOLD +3

Happy Singing!

~ ChrisRecording-Support

Chris your the best!, lol thank you so much, on my way to check this out.

just got finished watching the turorial, I totally loved this Chris, I am so ready to start using the new recorder, I was so scared but now excited, lol

thanks again,

Yankee_Julie314

hahaha me, too. Iffy, don't worry, I'm constantly doing things like that. I call it sleep deprivation due to Singsnap addiction. going offline but will check back if you want to message me, Iffy. Would be better to message staff because I'm a lowly peasant when it comes to real knowledge on stuff like this. Get myself in trouble trying to "fix" things. hehe byeeeesingingsister57

Pfff... this coming from one of our most valuable and experienced beta testers...

jason

Awww, never would have thought that. Thought I complained too much. ha! Thank you, Jason. You made my night!

Roses_

Reply by Roses_GOLD +3

The Improved recorder is GREAT, GREAT, GREATEST!!!!

I have used this even for harmonizing of song it worked great for me!!

This is an recorder i wished always. I can see clearly if distorted or not..never more my internet maik me out of timing. I think, this works very GREAT now.

I wished always recorder would haven AUTOMATIC GAIN CONTROL for RECORDING but not more necessery...
I am TOTALLY HAPPY with the new recorder; because i had often distorted recordings. Now it works very great!! I have even tested on an song to harmonice my song and it worked very great for me!! Easy to correct timinig and much better dynamic in song!! That is great!!!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH SING SNAP!!! I AM TOTALLY HAPPY WITH THIS NEW RECORDER!!!

Roses_

MsLindaRose

Reply by MsLindaRoseGOLD

Flagging

RowdyYates

Reply by RowdyYatesGOLD

Been a rough patch for me! Had to deal w/ deep depression while fixing my puter. Feeling better now!

Novella, I recorded with the new recorder tonight and there is something different about the sound. The only way to explain it is that it seems like it's cutting the reverb off before it finishes it's natural decay. I don't know if they made changes to MMSB or what, but there is something definitely different about the sound. I guess that you guys are beta testing it with us, so i hope my input helps. Think I'm going to stick with the old until that issue is cleared up.Marshall_Dillon

Hi Marshall_Dillon. You're right, the MMSB is a little different. It uses a better noise cutoff to get rid of the usual hiss that mose people have. It will also cut off the trailing end of reverb if it's too quiet.

I suggest you try turning up the recording level. Try this: turn it up all the way, enable "Clipping Detection" and sing full strength for about 15 seconds. It will automatically turn itself down to a safe level.

Then, you should be good to go!jason

Hey Jason, worked like a charm!!! Thanks so much!! Now I can use this all of the time and scrap the old one. Most of my songs are in perfect sync, set to zero, and it works great with duets. Thanks!!

IMDuckie

Reply by IMDuckieGOLD

OMG... TY SS for the updated recording device... so far i think it is FABULOUS.... whoo hooooo.. U guyz RAWK!!!!!!...

**>

Bunnykins

Reply by BunnykinsPATRON +7 +3

Love slushy songs :) r/b271d0549

JUST TRIED IT FOR THE FIRST TIME THIS MORNING...FANTASTIC..LOVE IT..THANKS GUYS

troymcdole

Reply by troymcdoleGOLD

Why Is My Video not with the Music. My Mouth Is Not With The Music. It Is With The Old one

petesinger

Reply by petesingerGOLD

DEAR S.S. I HAVE TRIED THE NEW RECORDER AND MUST SAY IT'S FANTASTIC,THE CLIP LEVEL IS A GREAT NEW WAY OF CONTROLLING YOUR RECORDING WELL DONE SIR THANK YOU SO MUCH YOURS ,,,PETESINGER

Rob

Edited reply by RobSTAFF +3 +16

I think I'll be Hagrid this Halloween. Thanks to Face in Hole for the "costume". LOL

Why Is My Video not with the Music. My Mouth Is Not With The Music. It Is With The Old onetroymcdole

I checked your last video and it looks like your issue is related to an Adobe Flash Player 11 bug. The only known fix at this time is to revert back to Flash Player 10.3. We have a thread about this, here is the link.
http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/forum/topic/b11b6c8

nitehawk

Reply by nitehawkGOLD

Hi there.....
I like the new recorder...but..lol.....I am finding if I don't select the MMSB Feature...then the volume is unusually low for some reason....
I sometimes use the MMSB Feature....but normally I just use it in contests where its specified that no FX are permitted...
Why does my mic volume go so low if I don't select MMSB? thanks....Blane.

Micflex

Reply by MicflexGOLD

Hi there.....
I like the new recorder...but..lol.....I am finding if I don't select the MMSB Feature...then the volume is unusually low for some reason....
I sometimes use the MMSB Feature....but normally I just use it in contests where its specified that no FX are permitted...
Why does my mic volume go so low if I don't select MMSB? thanks....Blane.nitehawk

I am having the same problem..I have done as suggested and the recording level peaks just under the limit but if I do not use the MMSB feature I find I need to move the mix slider to the left to around 75%.

It would be ok if there were separate sliders for voice and music, but the way it is now the more you lift the vocal, the less volume there is to the finished recording.

Blackwolf01-Dremadia

Reply by Blackwolf01-Dremadia

I just recorded a duet with the new recorder today. I still haven't had any problems. I love it!!

Rob

Reply by RobSTAFF +3 +16

Hi there.....
Why does my mic volume go so low if I don't select MMSB? thanks....Blane.nitehawk

I am having the same problem..I have done as suggested and the recording level peaks just under the limit but if I do not use the MMSB feature I find I need to move the mix slider to the left to around 75%.

It would be ok if there were separate sliders for voice and music, but the way it is now the more you lift the vocal, the less volume there is to the finished recording.Micflex

The record level without the MMSB button is the same as on the Original recorder. The difference with the MMSB button on is very noticeable now since you can hear the MMSB effects in the preview. If you turn your record level up all the way and make sure clipping protection is on then sing about 15-20 of the song loudly the clipping protection option should set your level at it's max without clipping. That should give you the same volume level you had in the original recorder.

Divo

Reply by Divo

THANKS CHRIS FOR THE TUTORIAL LINK,I WILL DEFINETLY TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE NEW RECORDER..:))..FLAGGIN..

TheAvonLady

Reply by TheAvonLadyGOLD

Ok, I know I don't get to sing much since I am a college student and I have a lot of homework to do EVERY NIGHT, LOL! But, when I heard about this new recorder, I just had to check it out. I LOVE IT!!!! I think I will be on more in the future and sing more! This is awesome!!

Jason

SingSnap is happy to provide various distractions to real life.

Yankee_Julie314

Edited reply by Yankee_Julie314GOLD +1 +3

I have a question. I know that during testing the beta, we didn't have too many days if we wanted to remix a song. I assumed that was just during testing.I see now it says I can remix up to a certain date and that's a short time. What was the time before the beta recorder..how long could we wait to remix then? Sometimes I'm listening to old recordings and thinking I should remix that, so then we will only have a few days to re-mix it, right?

I'll check back for an answer but not right away. Thanks!
Julie

Vicster

Reply by VicsterGOLD +5

Happiness is...

Happy Singing!

~ ChrisRecording-Support

That was an excellent tutorial Chris!!!!! Thank you!!!

imunique2

Reply by imunique2

flagging

stannyyjoe

Reply by stannyyjoe

SingSnap is happy to provide various distractions to real life. jason
I politely beg to differ. Singsnap is real life. For me personally it has provided the love of my life. Friends who I have met in person. Friends who I would love to meet. Friends that I will never meet. It has provided both happiness and sadness. Highs and lows. (Just as in real life you have to take the rough with the smooth) It provides for me daily enjoyment. The recorder is another advance. When it is finally perfected, for the enjoyment of Snaps members, and I think I can safely say it's friends. Once again, speaking as a sometime pain in the arse, I Applaud Snap as the best site on the net (My opinion)

Jason

Edited reply by JasonSTAFF +3 +1

I have a question. I know that during testing the beta, we didn't have too many days if we wanted to remix a song. I assumed that was just during testing.I see now it says I can remix up to a certain date and that's a short time. What was the time before the beta recorder..how long could we wait to remix then? Sometimes I'm listening to old recordings and thinking I should remix that, so then we will only have a few days to re-mix it, right?

I'll check back for an answer but not right away. Thanks!
Juliesingingsister57

It was always 7 days for the beta recorder. The remix system is highly different from the old system, using the actual files from the Preview step.

The remix tool's purpose is to provide an avenue to fix the song once you hear the final version. The new Mixer is so much more accurate that we hope people won't have a need to remix anymore! On top of that, there is a strong technical reason to limit the time to 7 days.

The only time I remix is when I need to adjust the final volume of my voice a touch. I'm working to make the preview even more accurate in that respect, but it's currently very, very close.

Jason

SingSnap is happy to provide various distractions to real life. jason
I politely beg to differ. Singsnap is real life. For me personally it has provided the love of my life. Friends who I have met in person. Friends who I would love to meet. Friends that I will never meet. It has provided both happiness and sadness. Highs and lows. (Just as in real life you have to take the rough with the smooth) It provides for me daily enjoyment. The recorder is another advance. When it is finally perfected, for the enjoyment of Snaps members, and I think I can safely say it's friends. Once again, speaking as a sometime pain in the arse, I Applaud Snap as the best site on the net (My opinion) stannyyjoe

That makes me (us?) feel like gold, stannyyjoe, thank you.

iffypresley

Reply by iffypresleyGOLD

ive just tried it jason...and i love it,lol....im so glad u can use the preview ...thts a big big plus for me...so i can twiddle till im happy and before it goes public.1 ques though..how do i link it to face book?lol...i see the icon .all it does is say like...i dont see it on me facebook...lol...

Jason

By clicking Like it shows up on your wall. That's their "Share" button now.

Once its on your wall on Facebook, you can click "Reshare" to spread it to more friends.

It's up to Facebook whether it shows on your friend's News Feed or not. We don't have any control over it. The more people click a link, the more people are apt to see it on their Feed, but we don't control that, Facebook does.

iffypresley

Edited reply by iffypresleyGOLD

i see wht u mean...its not appeared on me wall..ill check it later see if its gone through on facebook..lol..cheers

just a update..i get a white box pops up when i click the fbook icon...but it vanishes,i dont get chance to do the link and share .was workin few weeks ago .tried the twitter icon...tht stays....lol...

--Kikip-

Reply by --Kikip-

Hi All!

Is it me, my laptop or is it SS? It's been murder on here for the last 48 hours!
Buffers getting stuck, Sending recording that takes up to 5 minutes... (this is with the old recorder)
If I make a mistake I don't bother retrying 'coz the whole process takes up to 5 minutes to get BACK to the point where I want to restart recording. Is it my laptop? Or is it some teething problems at SS?

I'm not complaining..I'd be more bothered if it's because the kids have introduced a virus to the laptop...but I've heard that others have been commenting... experiencing this too?

Any adivice to get around it?
Claudia

stimbe1

Reply by stimbe1

Now that I tested the new flash recorder hangs too in the recording process.
It worked a charm earlier. Some restarts could prove out to be most useful... on the serverside!
Cheers,
Timo

stimbe1

Reply by stimbe1

While clearing browser cache may give the user some advantage while clearly the system is not DOWN as people still seem to be able to record and save (according to featured page LOL) there may be some latency or other issues that affect the recorder process...

Not claiming anything just guessing. Typically the new recorder process hangs at the stage where there should be a visualization of the buffer fill. There is none.

Cheers, Timo

Jason

Hi All!

Is it me, my laptop or is it SS? It's been murder on here for the last 48 hours!
Buffers getting stuck, Sending recording that takes up to 5 minutes... (this is with the old recorder)
If I make a mistake I don't bother retrying 'coz the whole process takes up to 5 minutes to get BACK to the point where I want to restart recording. Is it my laptop? Or is it some teething problems at SS?

I'm not complaining..I'd be more bothered if it's because the kids have introduced a virus to the laptop...but I've heard that others have been commenting... experiencing this too?

Any adivice to get around it?
Claudia

-KikiP-

That sounds like a problem with your connection. Being unrelated to the new recorder, I suggest you contact SingSnapSupport with this problem.

Jason

While clearing browser cache may give the user some advantage while clearly the system is not DOWN as people still seem to be able to record and save (according to featured page LOL) there may be some latency or other issues that affect the recorder process...

Not claiming anything just guessing. Typically the new recorder process hangs at the stage where there should be a visualization of the buffer fill. There is none.

Cheers, Timo
stimbe1

If you noticed, there is a "known issues" thread which lists this problem. It is most helpful for us if you can save the recording anyway (if possible) and send the links to us, even if they're private.

If you're not able to save the recording anyway, taking note of what recording server you had connected to could help us too.

GeorgiaPeachMarie

Reply by GeorgiaPeachMarieGOLD

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.

It's wonderful! Thanks.

Previous Next