DOTTI'S COWGIRL VS COWBOY OLD VS NEW COUNTRY CONTEST ROUND ONE

This topic is listed in Contests - Completed.
It has been viewed 8,821 times and 886 replies have been made.

- Next
fccworkinggirl

Post by fccworkinggirlGOLD

WELCOME TO THE FIRST DOTTI’S COWBOY VS COWGIRL /OLD VS NEW COUNTRY MUSIC CONTEST ……………………….THIS WILL BE A FIVE ROUND NON ELIMINATION CONTEST……………. …… WE WILL BE VERY PICKY ON VOCALS,CLARITY, TIMING, PITCH, PRONUNCIATION OF THE WORDS, KNOWLEDGE OF THE SONGS YOU SING , AS CLOSE AS TO HOW THE ORIGINAL ARTIST SANG THE SONG,WE KNOW YOU CAN’T SOUND JUST LIKE THEM BUT PLEASE TRY TO STICK TO HOW THEY SANG THEIR SONGS , NOT TO MUCH ECHO AND NO OUTSIDE NOISE IN THE BACKGROUND…….EACH ROUND LASTING 3 DAYS………………………….THERE WILL BE ONE BANNER AT THE END OF THIS CONTEST TO THE GROUP THAT HAS THE HIGHEST OVER ALL SCORE…….……….. THERE WILL BE BONUS SONGS BUT FOR BANNERS ONLY NOT POINTS AND THEY ARE NOT REQUIRED………………………………………..……..

ROUND ONE ………………….YOU WILL SING ANY SONG FROM YOUR FAVORITE COUNTRY ARTIST RELEASED IN THE TIME FRAME LISTED ON YOUR GROUPS NAME………………GENDER BENDERS ARE NOT ALLOWED THIS ROUND EXCEPT FOR THE COWGIRLS SINGING WITH THE COWBOYS THEY WILL HAVE TO SING A COWBOY SONG LOL………THIS ROUND IS TO TELL US WHAT ARTISTS YOU LIKE TO SING AND WHAT SONGS YOU LIKE………THIS IS TO HELP US OUT WITH THE REST OF THE ROUNDS…SO CHOSE WISELY….LOL…..

RULES:
1. SING A COUNTRY SONG BY YOUR FAVORITE ARTIST RELEASED BETWEEN YOUR GROUPS YEARS YOU ARE LISTED UNDER …….YOU JUST HAVE TO TELL THE YEAR IT WAS RELEASED WHEN YOU POST YOUR SONG……
2. NO PRE RECORDINGS.
3. DO NOT MESS WITH THE UPDATES.
4. NO LARGE GRAPHICS ON THE THREAD UNLESS CLEARED WITH US FIRST.AND PLEASE KEEP THE QUOTING OF POSTING TO A SMALL SPACE....
5. NO DRAMA.
6. IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH SOMETHING PM ONE OF US DO NOT POST IT ON THE THREAD.
7. IF A SONG IS IN QUESTION PM US AND OUR DECISION WILL BE FINAL.
8. WATCH ECHO .
9. NO HARMONY OR DUETS………
10. PLEASE CHECK WITH US FIRST BEFORE POSTING ANYTHING THAT DOES NOT HAVE TO DO WITH THE CONTENT ON THE THREAD.
11.YOU WILL BE PLACED IN GROUPS OF 15 AND YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO LISTEN TO ONE GROUP EACH ROUND (EACH ROUND YOU WILL HAVE A DIFFERENT GROUP TO LISTED TO) SO YOU WILL ONLY HAVE 15 PEOPLE EACH ROUND TO LISTEN TO INSTEAD OF ALL THE CONTESTENTS……………WE WILL CHECK TO MAKE SURE YOU DID INDEED LISTEN TO YOUR REQUIRED GROUP AND 5 POINTS WILL BE DEDUCTED FROM YOUR SCORE EACH ROUND IF YOU DID NOT…………………..YOU EXPECT OTHERS TO LISTEN TO YOURS SO PLEASE LISTEN TO THEM……………………..( YOU DO NOT HAVE TO LISTEN TO THEIR BONUS SONGS AND NO POINTS WILL BE DEDUCTED IF YOU DO NOT)
12. IF YOU DO NOT LIKE THESE RULES THEN PLEASE DO NOT JOIN .........AND PLEASE READ ALL OF OUR RULES AS WELL.........
13. THERE WILL BE NO DUPLICATES IN THIS ROUND….
14.GENDER BENDERS ARE NOT ALLOWED THIS ROUND ( EXCEPT FOR THE COWGIRLS SINGING WITH THE COWBOYS)…….

YOUR HOST IS FCCWORKINGGIRL ( me)………………… judges are Sandy ( MISSOURI-SANDY) and Bob (wish-I-could-sing)……….

WHEN POSTING ………. PLEASE POST IT IN THIS FORMAT OR WE WILL NOT ACCEPT IT………
NAME/GROUP NAME
MAIN
NAME OF SONG
YEAR RELEASED
LINK TO SONG

fccworkinggirl

Edited reply by fccworkinggirlGOLD

KITTY'S KIDDIES-songs released before 1980
1.BROWNIE1HEART
2.Rose2
3.Auntdawnyl
4.SPARKLING-GREEN-EYES
5.Plothridge
6.canaBerni
7.Num1gm
8.SHANDEBEL
9.JFSassymom
10.littleeva
11.ElvisFan4Ever
12.Mystical-Eyes
13.Jazzgirl115
14.toni324
15.sandylynn52
16.luvmybroncs

TANYA'S TEAM -songs released after 1980

1.Melissa2367
2.NightinGal
3.webcat444
4.Bug
5.shortcakej829
6.02baladyvol
7.gdgirlie
8.Meemers
9.Angel_Kisses_49
10.ohsuzanna
11.ROXYROX
12.Luvinmyheart
13.Kelly-pee-pee
14.playfulkitten
15.fleabitten45

SPARKLING-GREEN-EYES

Reply by SPARKLING-GREEN-EYESGOLD

FLAGGING !!!....PAT

fccworkinggirl

Reply by fccworkinggirlGOLD

LEFTY'S LEADERS-songs released before 1980
1.hotrodzoomguy
2.Jerry0707
3.tetvet_okc
4.willis99
5.Carbis
6.Beardude
7.rnewton1944
8.Carrara
90.Mack02
10.JIMGIBSON
111OldTimer
12.ACE
13.Bluesman61
14.alanj66
15.mgsacto

GARTH'S GANG-songs released after 1980
1.PhilKnox
2.Cooper-Jay-Daniels
3.JCS42
4.mellx
5.Jupe
6.Artpokalips
7.BJ_Getter
8.wirlmaster
9.luisrtz8
10.DJShooter82985
11.glendoc20
12.mousie75
13.Ricky-Dale
14.DOLITTLE28

Bug

Reply by BugGOLD

WOO HOO.. I'M IN!!

Mystical-Eyes

Reply by Mystical-EyesPATRON

Sometimes we don't say what we feel, not because we don't want to, but because we don't know how.

GOOD MORNING. COFFEE IS ON..

fccworkinggirl

THANK GOD LOL...LETS HOPE THE REST CAN GET IN AS WELL LOL..... THANKS MY FRIEND I WILL NEED THREE POTS THIS MORNING LOL.......

kelly-pee-pee

Reply by kelly-pee-pee

I MADE it over.... sometimes a link will not work for some unless they log out and back in... its one of those SS clitches....lol.

wish-I-could-sing

Reply by wish-I-could-singPATRON

I here too....

PhilKnox

Reply by PhilKnoxGOLD

Alrighty Then...The Game Is ON!

mgsacto

Reply by mgsactoGOLD

WOO HOO.. I'M IN!! Bug

Isn't that what I said last..............uh ..... nevermind....

Could someone explain what this timing...pitch thing is??

kelly-pee-pee

Reply by kelly-pee-pee

Oh I am going to do one for Rose, since its my choice this round

rose2

Reply by rose2GOLD

good morning.flagging

rose2

Reply by rose2GOLD

should i be scared pee-pee:)

NightinGal

Reply by NightinGalGOLD

Woo Hoo & were OFF.....

sandym064

Reply by sandym064GOLD

good morning..gotta have some of that coffee...had a late night lol..

o2baladyvol

Reply by o2baladyvolGOLD

Morning all!

Now Dottie, you know singing a gal country song tells you NOTHING about me...lol. I normally do gender benders! Well I guess I will just have to mix'er up on ya this time then!

fccworkinggirl

WOO HOO.. I'M IN!! Bug

Could someone explain what this timing...pitch thing is??mgsacto

MAKING SURE YOU ARE ON TIME WITH THE MUSIC.......NOT COMING IN TO FAST OR TO SLOW......FOR TIMING..

PITCH IS MAKING SURE YOUR ARE SINGING IN THE RIGHT KEY....NOT FLAT OR SINGING TO HIGH OR TO LOW ....................

rose2

Reply by rose2GOLD

still can't record.pmed staff

fccworkinggirl

Morning all!

Now Dottie, you know singing a gal country song tells you NOTHING about me...lol. I normally do gender benders! Well I guess I will just have to mix'er up on ya this time then!o2baladyvol

LOL I KNOW BUT YOU ARE OUT NUMBERED IN YOUR GROUP....LOL WE CAN PUT YOU IN THE YOUNG COWBOYS GROUP AND THERE YOU CAN SING ALL THE MALE SONGS YOU LIKE????????????????????

sandym064

Reply by sandym064GOLD

WOO HOO.. I'M IN!! Bug

MAKING SURE YOU ARE ON TIME WITH THE MUSIC.......NOT COMING IN TO FAST OR TO SLOW......FOR TIMING..

PITCH IS MAKING SURE YOUR ARE SINGING IN THE RIGHT KEY....NOT FLAT OR SINGING TO HIGH OR TO LOW ....................fccworkinggirl

YOU GOT YOUR LEG PULLED ALREADY THIS MORNING LOL..

rose2

Reply by rose2GOLD

good morning..gotta have some of that coffee...had a late night lol..[/quote
should i ask what you were doing young lady:)

o2baladyvol

Edited reply by o2baladyvolGOLD

Morning all!

Now Dottie, you know singing a gal country song tells you NOTHING about me...lol. I normally do gender benders! Well I guess I will just have to mix'er up on ya this time then!o2baladyvol

LOL I KNOW BUT YOU ARE OUT NUMBERED IN YOUR GROUP....LOL WE CAN PUT YOU IN THE YOUNG COWBOYS GROUP AND THERE YOU CAN SING ALL THE MALE SONGS YOU LIKE????????????????????fccworkinggirl

Well if I knew what you had planned I definitely woulda picked that!!! I didn't think I was gonna have to sing all female songs...LOL that's why I asked ya last round! Ah well.....I guess I'll have to work with what I have....

Some of y'all better clue me in on some raspy, growling, go get em cowgirl songs!!!...LOL

sandym064

Edited reply by sandym064GOLD

YOU CAN ASK ROSE BUT IT WAS NOTHING TO GET EXCITED ABOUT.LOL

kelly-pee-pee

Reply by kelly-pee-pee

should i be scared pee-pee:)rose2

Naaaawwww I wouldn't scare you my dear... well I hope I don't anyway... the one I gonna do might come out vocally scarry... to EVERYONE... not just you... LOL.

DOLITTLE28

Reply by DOLITTLE28

OMGOSH!!! now I'm scared..do I have to sing a garth song: as in garth brooks..I'm old here guys lol give me a break..Just kidding..about the break not the garth song lolHELP!!!

o2baladyvol

OMGOSH!!! now I'm scared..do I have to sing a garth song: as in garth brooks..I'm old here guys lol give me a break..Just kidding..about the break not the garth song lolHELP!!!DOLITTLE28

GOSH, I'm envious!!! I had that one all picked out!!!

I'm sure you will do fine!!!

rose2

Edited reply by rose2GOLD

will thats not good sandy.lol

mgsacto

Edited reply by mgsactoGOLD

WOO HOO.. I'M IN!! Bug

PITCH IS MAKING SURE YOUR ARE SINGING IN THE RIGHT KEY....NOT FLAT OR SINGING TO HIGH OR TO LOW ....................fccworkinggirl

YOU GOT YOUR LEG PULLED ALREADY THIS MORNING LOL..missouri_sandy

hahahaha........ someone is on to me ..... and what is pronunciation mean

sandym064

Reply by sandym064GOLD

OMGOSH!!! now I'm scared..do I have to sing a garth song: as in garth brooks..I'm old here guys lol give me a break..Just kidding..about the break not the garth song lolHELP!!!DOLITTLE28

NO YOU DON`T HAVE TO SING A GARTH SONG..THATS JUST THE NAME OF YOUR GROUP..

o2baladyvol

Ahhhh, got one!!! Off to the races.....no duplicates, correct?

rose2

Reply by rose2GOLD

will bbl

fccworkinggirl

I JUST GIVE NAMES TO THE GROUPS TO MAKE IT FUN...YOU DO NOT HAVE TO JUST SING A SONG FROM THE GROUPS NAME LOL....

DOLITTLE28

Reply by DOLITTLE28

Lordy..I'm in deep water...Ok someone HELP ME OUT PLZZ.. as I am singing with these gentlemen lol

do I have to sing a garth brooks song or anyone as in male artist ...after 1980..Sigh..I'm new to this..I have no Idea what I'm doing

o2baladyvol

Reply by o2baladyvolGOLD

Rose....did you clear out your cache, cookies, and browsing data in your browser? If you have not tried that, it may help! And updating your flashplayer?

fccworkinggirl

ROUND ONE ………………….YOU WILL SING ANY SONG FROM YOUR FAVORITE COUNTRY ARTIST RELEASED IN THE TIME FRAME LISTED ON YOUR GROUPS NAME………………GENDER BENDERS ARE NOT ALLOWED THIS ROUND EXCEPT FOR THE COWGIRLS SINGING WITH THE COWBOYS THEY WILL HAVE TO SING A COWBOY SONG LOL………THIS ROUND IS TO TELL US WHAT ARTISTS YOU LIKE TO SING AND WHAT SONGS YOU LIKE………THIS IS TO HELP US OUT WITH THE REST OF THE ROUNDS…SO CHOSE WISELY….LOL…..

rose2

Reply by rose2GOLD

yes i did that last night

DOLITTLE28

Edited reply by DOLITTLE28

see I'm really a slow learner..Ok good PHEWWW

OK Ladies and Gents.. BBL...good luck to all..GOOOOOOOTEAMMMM

fccworkinggirl

Ahhhh, got one!!! Off to the races.....no duplicates, correct?o2baladyvol

YOU CAN DUPLICATE THE ARTIST JUST NOT THE SONG.........

sandym064

Reply by sandym064GOLD

I`LL BE BACK..GOTTA GET MORE COFFEE..

fccworkinggirl

KITTY'S KIDDIES-songs released before 1980
1.BROWNIE1HEART
2.Rose2
3.Auntdawnyl
4.SPARKLING-GREEN-EYES
5.Plothridge
6.canaBerni
7.Num1gm
8.SHANDEBEL
9.JFSassymom
10.littleeva
11.ElvisFan4Ever
12.Mystical-Eyes
13.Jazzgirl115
14.toni324
15.sandylynn52
16.luvmybroncs

TANYA'S TEAM -songs released after 1980

1.Melissa2367
2.NightinGal
3.webcat444
4.Bug
5.shortcakej829
6.02baladyvol
7.gdgirlie
8.Meemers
9.Angel_Kisses_49
10.ohsuzanna
11.ROXYROX
12.Luvinmyheart
13.Kelly-pee-pee
14.playfulkitten
15.fleabitten45

fccworkinggirl

LEFTY'S LEADERS-songs released before 1980
1.hotrodzoomguy
2.Jerry0707
3.tetvet_okc
4.willis99
5.Carbis
6.Beardude
7.rnewton1944
8.Carrara
90.Mack02
10.JIMGIBSON
111OldTimer
12.ACE
13.Bluesman61
14.alanj66

GARTH'S GANG-songs released after 1980
1.PhilKnox
2.Cooper-Jay-Daniels
3.JCS42
4.mellx
5.Jupe
6.Artpokalips
7.BJ_Getter
8.wirlmaster
9.luisrtz8
10.DJShooter82985
11.glendoc20
12.mousie75
13.Ricky-Dale
14.DOLITTLE28
15.mgsacto

fccworkinggirl

I`LL BE BACK..GOTTA GET MORE COFFEE..missouri_sandy

me too lol.........and I have to get a song done as well...lol

DOLITTLE28

Reply by DOLITTLE28

YOU CAN DUPLICATE THE ARTIST JUST NOT THE SONG.........fccworkinggirl

Um May I please Jump in here..not being rude ..how do I find out when the song was released?? Plzzz help....

DOLITTLE28

Reply by DOLITTLE28

Um May I please Jump in here..not being rude ..how do I find out when the song was released?? Plzzz help....DOLITTLE28

DUPLICATE THE ARTIST meaning if i have sang it before on my songs I can't sing it again???? OH LORDY!!! I feel soooo DUMB

o2baladyvol

Reply by o2baladyvolGOLD

^^^^^ GOOGLE works wonders for finding info!

alanj66

Reply by alanj66GOLD

Lefty's Leaders No 14

Released June 1970

For The Good Times
Ray Price
http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/r/be67a6108

illinois-woman

Reply by illinois-womanGOLD

hi dotti sounds like a great contest, sorry i missed it .will catch you on the next one hopefuly ...hugs

fccworkinggirl

I can add you as an alternate Bert if you want in..and if someone drops out you can replace them...this way you can stay and sing with us?????????????????

fccworkinggirl

Um May I please Jump in here..not being rude ..how do I find out when the song was released?? Plzzz help....DOLITTLE28

DUPLICATE THE ARTIST meaning if i have sang it before on my songs I can't sing it again???? OH LORDY!!! I feel soooo DUMBDOLITTLE28

no when we say no duplicates in a contest we mean just that....in the contest only has nothing to do with what you sang or sing outside this contest....it just means you cannot sing a song that someone else sang on this round......you can sing a song they sang in another round but you can't sing it in the same round they did..and once you sing a song in the contest you can't sing it again in any round......hope this helps

fccworkinggirl

ok folks we have had some changes in the lists lol.....will do a new update and we now have all the positions filled lol...

- Next