This topic is listed in General Discussion.
It has been viewed 29,026 times and 851 replies have been made.

Previous Next
MALEVANS

Reply by MALEVANS

I get you Peanut .....

so we want a BLUE Hasselhof ???

It's the best I could find

butlersoft

I always wanted a Pug.

...... would go with my wrinkles nicely.

MALEVANS

they are Shar-pei puppies, not Pugs MichaSpurling

could this be the HASSLE HOFdonnyxxx

Took yaz a while Donny.

Sharp-pei ....... 'aint ya.

3CAR4EVER

Reply by 3CAR4EVER

ahhh~~

now i get it!

Jensper

Reply by Jensper

I honestly dont see the point of HOF, I never check it to see who's there, I know I am not there and wont ever be cos the only people who'd vote me there are my family who are all blue members, and they dont come here to do anything but sing. The only reason I went gold was to have access to the key changer. I think it's sad that there are people who..
1. cheat to get their names there
2. believe that only those who never sing a bum note should be there
3. can't just sing for the love of singing

I agree with so much of whats been said here in this thread, and it really wouldnt bother me one little bit if HOF was done away with altogether. It's karaoke people, if you were really that good a singer that you cant bear to not be in the HOF or cant bear to have others who dont sing as well as (you think) you do there with you in the HOF, then you'd be at the top of the charts and have no time for singsnap...get a life!!!

guardianfirefighter

Reply by guardianfirefighter

I would imagine that the original intention of The Hall of Fame was to create an area on the site where outstanding renditions can be heard and appreciated. The problem is that it hasnt gone entirely to plan and the hall is often used to promote an idea, some kind of symbolism, a memorial or to provide a challenge to weird people who try to get their names up there by any means foul or fair.

Now, while there is nothing wrong with drawing attention to something that is of interest to the whole community it doesnt help to make the Hall of Fame a source for fine singing with all those conflicting things going on.

Better perhaps to have a Hall of Fame and a Hall of Fantastic Singing since they are quite evidently different.KerJ

I agree with this completely! Have a HOF, but somewhere seperate showcase the memorials, crazy videos, funny stuff, etc........but let those that wanna see some really great performances see exactly that when they visit the HOF. As for myself, I haven't visited the HOF since sometime last year due to the fact that certain members had found ways of manipulating the system. Maybe now I'll start looking in the future so I can enjoy some standout performances.

Wilson

Reply by WilsonPATRON

A big problem with the Hall of Fame is it was never really clearly defined as to what it's purpose was.On the page itself it just says 'Hall of Fame - Here are all the recordings on SingSnap that made it into the Hall of Fame.' ???
So everyone has different opinions as to what it is supposed to be about.So some think its supposed to be a showcase only Singsnap finest singers\vocalists whereas,others think it should be a reflection of the spirit of Singsnap itself, about showcasing friendships\celebrations and singing for the fun of it.
With the bad feeling its has generated amongst members with all these different perceptions of what it stands for plus, all the threads about 'cheating' etc I think maybe it's time for something new thats caters for both parties.

Peanut

Reply by Peanut

I would imagine that the original intention of The Hall of Fame was to create an area on the site where outstanding renditions can be heard and appreciated. The problem is that it hasnt gone entirely to plan and the hall is often used to promote an idea, some kind of symbolism, a memorial or to provide a challenge to weird people who try to get their names up there by any means foul or fair.

Now, while there is nothing wrong with drawing attention to something that is of interest to the whole community it doesnt help to make the Hall of Fame a source for fine singing with all those conflicting things going on.

Better perhaps to have a Hall of Fame and a Hall of Fantastic Singing since they are quite evidently different.KerJ

I agree with this completely! Have a HOF, but somewhere seperate showcase the memorials, crazy videos, funny stuff, etc........but let those that wanna see some really great performances see exactly that when they visit the HOF. As for myself, I haven't visited the HOF since sometime last year due to the fact that certain members had found ways of manipulating the system. Maybe now I'll start looking in the future so I can enjoy some standout performances.
guardianff

But remember....great performances are in the eyes and ears of the beholder.....and as i have said repeatedly...are we not all Blue and Gold...One Community....not being allowed to vote, makes blues non SingSnap Citizens...that is what bothers me...and i truly think that is so wrong...
i know i know...shut up Peanut.....
but tis how i feel...tis just another stich removed in the seam of a community...

Peanut

Reply by Peanut

lol typo.....stitch..hhah

mickie1086

Reply by mickie1086

PLEASE stop posting that God awful pic of Hasselhoff!!! I'm going to vomit!!!!

Cheekylilvixen

Reply by CheekylilvixenGOLD

PLEASE stop posting that God awful pic of Hasselhoff!!! I'm going to vomit!!!!mickie1086

^5, tis why I said that those puppies were abused at the hand of HOF and the photographer for being in such a position LOL.

mickie1086

Reply by mickie1086

LOL...I agree completely!! Whoever made up that pose should be in jail sitting next to Michael Vick!!!

Mishamay

Reply by MishamayGOLD

Let the blue members have their own voice on this issue perhaps. I'm sure many understand the only way to eliminate this 'cheating' via creation of multiple fake blue accounts is to do it this way. Speaking for others makes assumptions at times.

Mishamay

Reply by MishamayGOLD

Perhaps bringing up the blue gold 'division' all the time, whenever such an announcement comes out, when you are gold, by mentioning it makes it a bigger thing than it really is. And that can be divisive of the community in itself.

Shalimar

Edited reply by Shalimar

Well, I can understand limiting the nominations to gold members, BUT, I don't understand the concept of NEVER expiring. This means the HOF pages will keep growing and GROWING once again making it a HUGE task going through page after page after page, trying to locate someone. I'm still not understanding why there couldn't be a catalog of some sort.. a list, SOMEthing.

FrankCNY

Reply by FrankCNYGOLD

The HOF? What's that? I'm here to sing, not to win some popularity contest.

Peanut

Reply by Peanut

I think as a Community....we all have a voice...wether we be blue or gold...
and we all know if you are blue and sometimes have an opinion....yikes look out...soooooooo as a community it affects both

hobo56

Reply by hobo56GOLD

Perhaps bringing up the blue gold 'division' all the time, whenever such an announcement comes out, when you are gold, by mentioning it makes it a bigger thing than it really is. And that can be divisive of the community in itself. Mishamay

so now gold members dont have a right to a view either when it comes to what happens to the blue friends i may have . ill just shut up then and allow the select few have there say singsnap has lost its majic and the few who run the messgaeboards now can have one less person to worry about .as long as we are yes people aggreeing with whatever singsnap decides then we have a right to spam the boards ? but if we disaggree with the hall of fame and what its suppose to represent then we are being dividers ? the loud whiners have won another one . ill go back to singing good luck singsnap really i mean that . you know i have tryed the private message to singsnap support and that dont work either . i have learned from the others how things work around here . this isnt a friendly community anymore and as long as the select few rules it will only get worse if you dont want opposing views then do away with the messageboards completly

AngelMagicMuse

Edited reply by AngelMagicMuse

I will be honest i only nominated 2 people ever for hall of fame and it was a while ago.

my question is why would someone want to nominate themselves into it?

since the point of it is to show that others think that your recording was extra special.

Ruger

Reply by RugerGOLD

I'll drink to that...and that...and that...and that!!! Bring us another one!!

-Tas-

Reply by -Tas-COMMUNITY-ADMIN +1

Perhaps bringing up the blue gold 'division' all the time, whenever such an announcement comes out, when you are gold, by mentioning it makes it a bigger thing than it really is. And that can be divisive of the community in itself. Mishamay

so now gold members dont have a right to a view either when it comes to what happens to the blue friends i may have . ill just shut up then and allow the select few have there say singsnap has lost its majic and the few who run the messgaeboards now can have one less person to worry about .as long as we are yes people aggreeing with whatever singsnap decides then we have a right to spam the boards ? but if we disaggree with the hall of fame and what its suppose to represent then we are being dividers ? the loud whiners have won another one . ill go back to singing good luck singsnap really i mean that . you know i have tryed the private message to singsnap support and that dont work either . i have learned from the others how things work around here . this isnt a friendly community anymore and as long as the select few rules it will only get worse if you dont want opposing views then do away with the messageboards completly hobo56

This is what I mean about the 'spirit of singsnap' diminishing further and further and further...It really isn't that great 'community' that I joined two years ago.

walkingstick

Reply by walkingstickGOLD

How about no Hall of Fame at all? That would be fine with me.

mickie1086

Reply by mickie1086

I think there are too many people out there with thin skins....see what all this politically correct crap brought into the world?? Turned everyone into a bunch of sissy a** whiners!!! Holy Moly people!! When ya gonna get it??? If you don't like something just stay away from it!!! It really is that simple!!!

mickie1086

Reply by mickie1086

How about no Hall of Fame at all? That would be fine with me.walkingstick

I agree with you!

Cheekylilvixen

Edited reply by CheekylilvixenGOLD

Well it has been over 2yrs since the conception of SS. It appears the HONEYMOON stage is over LOL.

mickie1086

Reply by mickie1086

I'll drink to that...and that...and that...and that!!! Bring us another one!!whisperingghost

And I agree with you too!!! I'll have a Jack Daniels please! All this drama drives me to drink!

mickie1086

Reply by mickie1086

Well it has been over 2yrs since the conception of SS. It appears the HONEYMOON stage is over LOL. Cheekylilvixen

LOL...how true!!!

rokin1

Reply by rokin1

Any way Per . I think its pretty cool ya did something ,,Prolly knowing all the while what would happen when ya did! Let's see ,
Something!
Nothing ...
Good job!

ubergoober

Reply by ubergooberGOLD

Honestly, this development means nothing to me as I rarely visit the HOF anymore. I understand that there are many many heartfelt recordings out there, but IMHO they don't belong in the HOF. I thought the HOF would be for showcasing members with extraordinary talent (that's why I knew I'd never be on there lol). I get a kick out of some of the funny recordings, and get choked up by the memorial recordings, but I don't believe they are HOF worthy. Just my 2 cents! It would be great if we could have a place to showcase the extraordinarily talented and a place to showcase the memorials and funny recordings etc. Kudos to trying to cut out the cheating though!! Those people should be ashamed of themselves. Tsk tsk!

Mishamay

Reply by MishamayGOLD

I think the site give people plenty of voice to complain...that's all many people choose to do unfortunately. I'm not referring to anyone on here because you folks are always appreciative.

I never said people couldn't say what they wanted. I was just giving food for thought. Where did I tell anyone they didn't have a right to express their views?

*sigh*

I've been a member of this site since September 2006 and I have nothing to complain about I guess. And I don't see blue members on here complaining, a few actually mentioning that they don't care about the Hall of Fame!

Mishamay

Reply by MishamayGOLD

Well it has been over 2yrs since the conception of SS. It appears the HONEYMOON stage is over LOL. Cheekylilvixen

Yup...you said it

-Tas-

All I know is that ever since I've joined here..any area of the site that has been set aside to showcase 'talent' has been a bone of contention. Doesn't matter if you call it 'top recordings' or 'hall of fame'

Ruger

Edited reply by RugerGOLD

I think SS is still a great community...it showed that last week when a friend of ours here on SS passed away. His name is Keith..also known as Sawhead. Many people came together to say goodbye and wish the family well..hundreds of people!!! But it's a diverse community, and never will everyone see eye to eye on the issues like the HOF. Not going to happen. But categorizing songs would be so helpful when searching for something in there. IE..comedy..dedications, something to untangle the great mess the HOF is right now!! The dates on the songs are so mixed up you just say to heck with it and leave! It's like a childs room, seriously!!

-Tas-

I think SS is still a great community...it showed that last week when a friend of ours here on SS passed away. His name is Keith..also known as Sawhead. Many people came together to say goodbye and wish the family well..hundreds of people!!! But it's a diverse community, and never will everyone see eye to eye on the issues like the HOF. Not going to happen. But categorizing songs would be so helpful when searching for something in there. IE..comedy..dedications, something to untangle the great mess the HOF is right now!! The dates on the songs are so mixed up you just say to heck with it and leave! It's like a childs room, seriously!!whisperingghost

I do agree with you statement that if a HOF needs to exist that we can nominate the songs to certain specified subcategories.

Mishamay

Reply by MishamayGOLD

All I know is that ever since I've joined here..any area of the site that has been set aside to showcase 'talent' has been a bone of contention. Doesn't matter if you call it 'top recordings' or 'hall of fame'grammatea4u

Alot of the issues with the top page I remember were to do with ratings and people down rating peeps once they got on the highest pages. Now it's about people making fake accounts to manipulate their way into the Hall of Fame. I just don't understand people's needs to be showcased fraudulently? It's insane to me. LOL

mickie1086

Reply by mickie1086

I think SS is still a great community...it showed that last week when a friend of ours here on SS passed away. His name is Keith..also known as Sawhead. Many people came together to say goodbye and wish the family well..hundreds of people!!! But it's a diverse community, and never will everyone see eye to eye on the issues like the HOF. Not going to happen. But categorizing songs would be so helpful when searching for something in there. IE..comedy..dedications, something to untangle the great mess the HOF is right now!! The dates on the songs are so mixed up you just say to heck with it and leave! It's like a childs room, seriously!!whisperingghost

I totally agree...I think that would help alot! andI too believe that in spite of all the bickering that goes on here sometimes, this is a wonderful community and I am proud to be a part of it...just like any normal "family"...we're just a little "dysfunctional" as the politically correct world would say it!!! LOL

Mishamay

Reply by MishamayGOLD

Yes it was such a tragedy with sawhead. We were having a discussion with him on a political thread one evening and the next day he was gone.

-Tas-

I believe if i'm not mistaken..milesofborg had suggested the subcategories..He may be a member worth contacting to help organize this ..If this were a route that singsnap chose to take.

k2501961

Edited reply by k2501961GOLD

I've had time to ponder and really think hard about this....

As with the other changes that have occurred on SingSnap let's give staff the benefit of the doubt and some time to see if implementation improves the situation. I continue to assert that the cliques will get their folks into the Hall of Fame and keep them there indefinitely so it becomes almost solely a popularity contest. I'd personally would like to see the page renamed to "Most Popular Recordings" or something along those lines.

However saying that, even though nominations will no longer expire I have 50 nominated right now and if there's another performance that IMHO belongs there, I will have to make a decision as I currently do right now as to which nomination I'll need to remove. Sometimes it can be a very difficult decision to make as there are many performances worthy of the Hall of Fame; quality, funny, bloopers, tributes, you name it.

I like the suggestion of having a page for those who have departed SingSnap due to their passing away, perhaps this could be a page with a recording of the departed user's specifically chosen by staff representing that person's memory of their involvement on SingSnap. I'm sure this idea could be expanded upon and refined.

Great ideas come out of these discussions and staff seriously considers them.

~ Chris

Ruger

Reply by RugerGOLD

There is ample room in the HOF for everyone, this would just be the most efficient resolve of the differences we have about the HOF! It could work!

Ebony_and_Ivory

Reply by Ebony_and_Ivory

I think as a Community....we all have a voice...wether we be blue or gold...
and we all know if you are blue and sometimes have an opinion....yikes look out...soooooooo as a community it affects bothPeanut

Peanut i agree with you, i have seen blue come into some of the threads and get so shot down, because of something they try to voice. I mean they get jumped on big time, That is probably why they have stayed away from this thread
I agree with what people have said on here, either get rid of the HOF or make it different catigories for memorial and so on, but don't make blue's suffer for someone elses stupididty and cheating ways. And i sure don't think someone should have 5 or 10 songs at a time up there. Come on,,, I don't care about the HOF at alllll, but fair is fair. I know most people that come on here is to have fun, make friend, sing, and enjoy. Yup i agree with Grammatea,, this community has realy divided since i first started on here. It is not a good feeling. Thats all i have to say.

-Data-

Reply by -Data-GOLD

Will be back in the USA until 3 May.. not sure if I will be able to sing or not.. see you soon ;)

Unfortunately eliminating cheating while still allowing free accounts to nominate turned out to be an impossible task.
Per

Noticing your comment above Per.. does this mean one day there will be no more free accounts? Not that it matters to me because I will always pay... just noticed the word "Still" in the sentence.

Bob

MALEVANS

Reply by MALEVANS

so now gold members dont have a right to a view either when it comes to what happens to the blue friends i may have . ill just shut up then and allow the select few have there say singsnap has lost its majic and the few who run the messgaeboards now can have one less person to worry about .as long as we are yes people aggreeing with whatever singsnap decides then we have a right to spam the boards ? but if we disaggree with the hall of fame and what its suppose to represent then we are being dividers ? the loud whiners have won another one . ill go back to singing good luck singsnap really i mean that . you know i have tryed the private message to singsnap support and that dont work either . i have learned from the others how things work around here . this isnt a friendly community anymore and as long as the select few rules it will only get worse if you dont want opposing views then do away with the messageboards completly hobo56

It's all about debate/discussion hobo56.

If you 'bow out' you let those that try to control the forum boards win. Vent with them, have opposing views if they are your views.

Views change, become modified because debate, (hopefully constructive), enlightens or enhances peoples perspective. If a thread has become intentionally destructive, for whatever motive on the part of a secondary contributor, then one would hope that people have the presence of mind to ignore the elements that detour a thread in to mindless ramblings.

MALEVANS

Reply by MALEVANS

Cough cough.

Monken

Reply by Monken

[quote=Per]I have made two changes to the Hall of Fame:

1) Only Gold members can nominate now.
2) Nominations do not expire anymore.quote]

I am a green member. Can't I nominate now?

-Tas-

I have made two changes to the Hall of Fame:

1) Only Gold members can nominate now.
2) Nominations do not expire anymore.quote]

I am a green member. Can't I nominate now?Per

tongue in cheek here..and we should get 75 nominations..LOL

Akaraokelover

Reply by AkaraokeloverGOLD

Hi Per........

I've been reading these posts and many have suggested either getting rid of the HOF or renaming it..........

Personally either one sounds good to me but maybe renaming it to something like Members Showcase or Community Favorites would better reflect the songs that are there now.

What do you think?

Per

Reply by PerSTAFF +14

Unfortunately eliminating cheating while still allowing free accounts to nominate turned out to be an impossible task.
Per

Noticing your comment above Per.. does this mean one day there will be no more free accounts? Not that it matters to me because I will always pay... just noticed the word "Still" in the sentence.

Bob rpweston2

No, that's not what I meant. I'm Swedish, sorry if my writing is confusing but you'll have to deal with it

Per

Reply by PerSTAFF +14

I am a green member. Can't I nominate now?Monken

If you have a Gold membership you can nominate.

Per

Reply by PerSTAFF +14

Hi Per........

I've been reading these posts and many have suggested either getting rid of the HOF or renaming it..........

Personally either one sounds good to me but maybe renaming it to something like Members Showcase or Community Favorites would better reflect the songs that are there now.

What do you think?Akaraokelover

Thanks for the suggestions. For now, the main goal was to eliminate cheating though.

Akaraokelover

Reply by AkaraokeloverGOLD

Thanks Per..........

Guess there will always be those who try to circumvent the system but hopefully the new changes will be successful in eliminating the cheating.......

Peace!!

KerJ

Edited reply by KerJ

Thanks for the suggestions. For now, the main goal was to eliminate cheating though.Per

Be interesting to see who drops out of the hall of fame when the new system is implemented...... it won't take Sherlock Holmes to work out who has been naughty hehe.

The culprits must be working harder than a credit card fraudster now trying to think of a way round the new chip'n'pin rules eh!

Previous Next