This topic is listed in General Discussion.
It has been viewed 18,412 times and 115 replies have been made.

- Next
trevor

Post by trevorSTAFF +16 +50

Recently, we sent out a survey asking you how you felt about the recent summer sale. The results of this survey were overwhelmingly positive, and we are very happy to announce that because of the results of this sale, and the feedback we received on the survey, we are adjusting the price of our annual and bienniel memberships to $80 and $150 respectively going forward.

Also based on the feedback we received, we are offering our 6 month membership at a reduced price for a limited time. Starting today and ending at midnight (EST) on December 31, 2012, a 6 month membership will be offered at $50.

We have experienced tremendous growth, and our goal has always been to make SingSnap as affordable and as accessible as we possibly can to as many people as possible, and still be able to offer the level of service that we do, as well as to develop technologies and support our music library. We are able to make these adjustments largely in part because of the voluntary contributions that many of you make on the site through the tokens program (i.e. hearts, shamrocks, suns), as well as the Patron Fund and Sponsorships.

If you are on a monthly or 3 month membership, this might be a good time for you to upgrade your membership term if you are able for a big savings over your current option.

As is customary in any business who puts their products on sale, we are offering a price protection option for any member who purchased their 6 month membership in the month of August through today (August 31, 2012). If your membership falls within this category, please contact SingSnap Support for assistance. The deadline for requesting price protection is September 30, 2012.

For those with active (i.e. not cancelled) recurring PayPal subscriptions, you can take advantage now by going to the PayPal Subscription Modification page and changing your subscription to get on the new terms. Once done, when the renewal comes up, you will renew at the special pricing.

If you use the one-time payment option (or have cancelled your PayPal subscription), you can use the Gold Membership Extension page to extend your membership by purchasing your next gold term through the sale period.

You can also schedule a recurring PayPal subscription to begin at the end of your current membership period and you will be charged $50 at that time. This is a good option if you don’t have the money right now to make a payment.

Please note that if you modify or purchase a subscription during the Fall special, your renewal when it comes up will be at the special price!

We will not be providing support within this thread, as there will be circumstances individual to everyone and we do not want to confuse anyone. If you have specific questions or need assistance directly related to your account, please contact SingSnap Support.

FuffyPhil

Reply by FuffyPhilGOLD +4

God is wonderful!!! thank & praise him always!!! and keep praying for others...always~~~

Dang, Trevor~ You just keep making SingSnap better and better all the time. This is a fantastic offer, for sure. And I WILL be taking you up on it in the very near future, as will so many other, I'm sure.
Good work you all~ *smile*
FuffyPhil (Phyllis)

skatlady_bln

Reply by skatlady_blnGOLD

r/b196fa77d german songs and other - thankssss ..list tomorrow hugs -

Great News Trevor !

a great weekend for you and the singsnap-team !!

*hugs skaty*

lorrdarlin

Reply by lorrdarlinGOLD

Wonderful news Trevor for the new comers too!! This might give them a boost to try all the benefits you receive as a gold member. There are so many talented people out there.Thank you for all you and the Singsnap team do.
********************** Lorraine :^))

Defense

Reply by Defense

WOOT! Awesome!

_Cookieface_

Reply by _Cookieface_GOLD

Cough, cough.

Cookie. I mean Peachie. :0)

Nikkie

Reply by NikkieGOLD

Awesome news Trevor! Thank you

VGFan4Life

Reply by VGFan4LifeGOLD

Thank you, Trevor & the rest of the SS crew!!!

LilKitty

Edited reply by LilKittyGOLD

Tempting Trevor...lol..I'm on the monthly plan with PP, which is $12 monthly..but I've gotta think about the future also...if I stick with PP monthly, and never change that, then if the price goes up to $20 monthly, I'll still be paying $12 monthly..yes, it might be a better option to pay yearly right now..and if I could afford a one lump sum, I probably would do it that way..but I'll have to stick with the monthly plan thru PP for now..maybe this, or something like it will be available to me when I am able to afford a one lump sum payment.

Let me ask tho, the $50/6 months deal, if I were to get that plan now, would it still be available to me at that rate 6 months from now?

nevermind..I just found my answer lol..it's only available for those that purchase the plan thru today, Aug. 31st...oh well, it was a good thought..wish I could afford that one right now lol..

JeanneMarie

Edited reply by JeanneMarieGOLD

The way I read it lilKitty, you have til Dec 31 on that 6 month decision.

The "ends today" part is for people who've already purchased a 6 month plan this month, they will renew at the new rate, but have to notify SS staff for details.

CCC

Reply by CCCGOLD

Still recovering from cold. You are in my prayers Michelle. sing with the angels now Bob. Miss you

THANK YOU. I have never bought a year's membership before (been here just a little over 4 years now), but I did this time and I also renewed a friend's membership and gave her a year's membership because the prices were affordable.

Glad you are thinking about us -- much appreciated.

RonnieDm

Reply by RonnieDmPATRON

~ New name for a 'Cheese Grater'... a 'Sponge Eater'.. lol.. :)...

Right On Bro.. God Bless..
Smiles.. Ron and Cat...

GlaszEyes

Reply by GlaszEyesGOLD

Wicked Witches Make Magic Contest!

((((Trevor))))

LilKitty

Reply by LilKittyGOLD

The "ends today" part is for people who've already purchased a 6 month plan this month, they will renew at the new rate, but have to notify SS staff for details.JeanneMarie

OOOHHH I see said the blind man! lol! So my question still stands then..if I purchase the 6 month plan for $50 before Dec. 31st, midnight est, after that 6 months is up, will it still be $50 for the next 6 months, continuously..??

Novella

Reply by NovellaSNAP-STAR +16 +32

It's going to be a Rockin' Shocktober!

The "ends today" part is for people who've already purchased a 6 month plan this month, they will renew at the new rate, but have to notify SS staff for details.JeanneMarie

OOOHHH I see said the blind man! lol! So my question still stands then..if I purchase the 6 month plan for $50 before Dec. 31st, midnight est, after that 6 months is up, will it still be $50 for the next 6 months, continuously..??LilKitty

As long as you keep your subscription, it will renew at $50 when its' up for renewal

socomicefox

Reply by socomicefoxSNAP-STAR

Wow Trevor thank you.

SoftiSings

Reply by SoftiSings

this is great... it will help when i have to renew in a few months......

Rosie66

Reply by Rosie66GOLD +1 +5

my ss mentor paid a year for me because of the price decrease,,great,,

hotmisty

Reply by hotmistySNAP-STAR

thank you so much Trevor and staff that is awesome

Sparrow5

Reply by Sparrow5SNAP-STAR

trevor and employees singsnap family sparrow5 I thank god for all of you'll you been a blessing to me i speak for everyone when i say you all are beautiful people and make us feel very confortable and we love you all keep up the good work you make us very proud of all of you'll i know this for myself and everyone else we tip our hats to everyone your very kind thank you thank you thank you very much keep up the good work we all applaud god bless you singsnap family we all love you

Poppy

Edited reply by PoppyGOLD

Sing your favourite "teen stars" challenge @poppycats join us now! forum/topic/b81a8d4a

I'VE POSTED THIS FORUM LINK IN MY FACEBOOK WALLS, AND GROUPS, AND HAVE ALSO POSTED IT ON MY ROMANCE CLUB OFFICIAL WEBSITE. I WILL START SENDING BROADCAST MESSAGES TO ALL PRC MEMBERS. THANK YOU FOR THIS MUCH-NEEDED PRICE BREAK FOR EVERYONE, TREVOR!
MORE POWER TO SINGSNAP! CHEERS! ~ POPPY

peggyjoy

Reply by peggyjoyGOLD

Back Snapping... but not much time for listening. Maybe I can catch up mid-week! ... or not...

Thanks, Trevor and staff! I'd so love for EVERYONE to be "gold"!!!

mysticaldreams

Reply by mysticaldreamsGOLD +3

Thanks Trevor and Staff......now I might be able to take advantage at a later date on a year membership when my finances are more manageable to do so.

lollipop28

Reply by lollipop28GOLD

Thank you so much for doing this.Now me and my family will be able to purchase either six months or year memberships at one time instead of paying monthly.Thanks again.
Crystal

Jami19

Reply by Jami19SNAP-STAR

Awesome!

Starfire

Reply by StarfireGOLD

Sort of sucks when I paid $199 for 2 year membership in March 2012 and then you run a sale and after that lower your price. In my mind I think you owe me $49.00. Don't think you'll see it that way.

singinmommy

Reply by singinmommy

thank you!!!! as soon as i get my next pay i will definitely take advantage of it!

you rock man!!!

Curlyshirley

Reply by CurlyshirleyGOLD

Sorry, a Gold membership can't be extended more than 2 years in advance. This is what i got when i tried to get my 2 year extension.

*Content Removed*

Why cant i add another 2 years to my account if/while i can now? I might not be in a position to do it later as i am now. Cant the 2 years be unlimited to whatever we can afford to do now rather than get to a place when times might get harder for some of us.....I would like to be able to get what i can while i can. As i lost a lot of my past songs when i was in a difficult place and couldn't afford to renew at that time. Now i can and i cant get more than 2 years at a time. Why? If im willing to pay it in advance. Id pay as much as up to 10 years if i could at once. The only person who would lose out on that would be me if i stopped coming onto the sight.

Terry

Reply by TerryGOLD

Sort of sucks when I paid $199 for 2 year membership in March 2012 and then you run a sale and after that lower your price. In my mind I think you owe me $49.00. Don't think you'll see it that way.Starfire
has to agree with this.

deevine

Reply by deevineSNAP-STAR

let me get this right...my yr ends in may13 (i think) at $80 but if i renew b4 12/31, i get 6 mos 4 $50 when my 2013 subscription expire???

do i get a cigar? lol!

ItsmeD

Reply by ItsmeDPATRON

Way to go I like this you have my support ....David

espgirl

Reply by espgirl

that's what i'm talking about!!

BryanKeith

Reply by BryanKeithGOLD

AWESOME! I already have my Gold for a year! But What a Great Deal for all!!
You Rock Trevor and SingSnap!!!

Rob

Reply by RobSTAFF +8

Sorry, a Gold membership can't be extended more than 2 years in advance. This is what i got when i tried to get my 2 year extension.

*Content Removed*

Why cant i add another 2 years to my account if/while i can now? I might not be in a position to do it later as i am now. Cant the 2 years be unlimited to whatever we can afford to do now rather than get to a place when times might get harder for some of us.....I would like to be able to get what i can while i can. As i lost a lot of my past songs when i was in a difficult place and couldn't afford to renew at that time. Now i can and i cant get more than 2 years at a time. Why? If im willing to pay it in advance. Id pay as much as up to 10 years if i could at once. The only person who would lose out on that would be me if i stopped coming onto the sight.Curlyshirley

Our online payment system is limited to paying 2 years in advance. We can however take extensions payments by phone for memberships that need to start more than 2 years from now.

You can call our sales line at 1-888-942-6465 Mon-Fri from 10am-6pm eastern time to make this purchase.

Sorry for the inconvenience. We appreciate your continued patronage and we'll look into improving our online payment system to accept payments that need to start more than 2 years in advance.

believer1

Reply by believer1SNAP-STAR

9/29/14 Day 27 with shingles. I sure wish this pain would leave me. H-E-L-P!!!! LOL. <3 you all.

I just read your deal, Trevor, and I really like it. I'm going to renew my account right away. I thought that I had missed this opportunity when the summer sale ended. Thank you so much for helping us all out with our memberships.

Steve1492

Reply by Steve1492

Why all the hoopla over a 6 month subscription for $50 when the the annual subscription price has been adjusted to $80.00?? Granted I studied math a long time ago but 2 6 months subscriptions would cost $100.00. Unless my abacus has gone out of kilter, I believe that is $20.00 more than $80.00. Feel free to correct my math; as I said, it's been a while.

JHTS

Reply by JHTSGOLD +1

Thank you, Treavor!

diditomic

Reply by diditomicSNAP-STAR

Thanks for this 6 month special, I just became a gold member for the first time and I am lovin' it so far!!!! Living in a country where salaries are quite low and cost of living is not cheap, its been a struggle to save. Thanks again.

Roger

Reply by Roger

faving this to read later

flatduck

Reply by flatduck

Why all the hoopla over a 6 month subscription for $50 when the the annual subscription price has been adjusted to $80.00?? Granted I studied math a long time ago but 2 6 months subscriptions would cost $100.00. Unless my abacus has gone out of kilter, I believe that is $20.00 more than $80.00. Feel free to correct my math; as I said, it's been a while. Steve1492
nothing wrong with your math ......the $20.00 saving is call an incentive to encourage you to take a year instead of 6 months

the-band

Reply by the-bandGOLD

whats this with 150 a yr now for gold?? was 120 and that was a lot

TheGem

Reply by TheGem

$80 is a not bad of a price for a 1 year gold membership, but for a 2 year membership there should be a bigger saving than only $10 (eg. 2x80=160) A 2 year gold membership should be like $130 instead if $160. More people I think would purchase a gold membership for 2 years then. I would never purchase a gold for 2 years to save only $10. I'd rather spend only the $80 once a year. There should also be credits towards your next membership based on comments left on others singing. This would encourage people to post comments, which would be nice to see more of. Very few people will leave comments now. Credit peoples accounts by lets say 1 cent per comment left. I'd love to see something like this done on SingSnap. But as for the $80 per year for a gold membership, that's a good step. Thank You

Annie

Edited reply by AnnieSTAFF +10 +4

whats this with 150 a yr now for gold?? was 120 and that was a lot1st-SingSnap-Band
$150 is for two years. One year is $80.

$80 is a not bad of a price for a 1 year gold membership, but for a 2 year membership there should be a bigger saving than only $10 (eg. 2x80=160) A 2 year gold membership should be like $130 instead if $160. More people I think would purchase a gold membership for 2 years then. I would never purchase a gold for 2 years to save only $10. I'd rather spend only the $80 once a year. There should also be credits towards your next membership based on comments left on others singing. This would encourage people to post comments, which would be nice to see more of. Very few people will leave comments now. Credit peoples accounts by lets say 1 cent per comment left. I'd love to see something like this done on SingSnap. But as for the $80 per year for a gold membership, that's a good step. Thank YouTheGem

I understand your perspective, but if you look at it from someone who is on a monthly subscription, they are paying $180 for a full year, and $360 for two years. Choosing a yearly subscription saves them $100 and a 2 year subscription saves them $210.

Your incentive idea is good in theory. Unfortunately, people already get upset over copy and paste comments, and with an incentive like you are suggesting, a great many people would simply click on recordings, paste a comment and move on, potentially upsetting the singers. I believe that would be in opposition to what you would be wanting to accomplish with an incentive like that.

Annie

Reply by AnnieSTAFF +10 +4

Why all the hoopla over a 6 month subscription for $50 when the the annual subscription price has been adjusted to $80.00?? Granted I studied math a long time ago but 2 6 months subscriptions would cost $100.00. Unless my abacus has gone out of kilter, I believe that is $20.00 more than $80.00. Feel free to correct my math; as I said, it's been a while. Steve1492
The 6 month price is a savings of $40 over the monthly rate. I think it's a nice alternative in the event someone can't afford the additional $30 for a year.

blaza

Reply by blazaPATRON

lol this was the first thing I clicked on when I came online. Was wanting to add my "well dones" but was stumped when it said at the bottom to create a new account. I was like "what?". Then I realized I hadn't logged on yet. :oS. Getting old sucks lol.. Anyway.. Well done. This is going to help a lot of people..

GlaszEyes

Reply by GlaszEyesGOLD

^Larry^

Tonylee

Reply by Tonylee

RIGHT ON Trevor well Trevor im payed for the year but thats great man helping people out like that and that we all get along and we all love music and these contest that all the great people on hear take time to do for us is just another example of how great this place is so thanks to everyone that has made me feel so at home here and helped me become the (SINSNAP JUNKIE) that i am yes thats right i am a sinsnap junkie and im proud of it hey Trever u think maybe i should start up a SINGSNAP REHAB CENTER ? for peaple like me that dont do nothing but get on here soon as they get home from work and thats about all i do work sinsnap work singsnap LOL just playing man really thats great of you trevor you keep up good work buddy i got get hold of my friends and tell them to get there buts on here the more peaple we have the better later.

Patch01

Reply by Patch01GOLD

FANTASTIC....SS shares its profits with its singers !

Risky

Reply by Risky

Thank you

Saint_Patrick

Reply by Saint_Patrick

((runs outside before the "same ole' song and dance"))

why is it necessary to make a positive option into a debate with the site?
OK,you want to sing online and be self satisfied with watching playback of yourself sing karaoke without having to endure a live audience at some crummy bar or restaurant but question the price decrease? I am a blue member at the moment because I do not have the equipment anymore to sing nor the time,but if I did theres no option IMO to renew at that price! I wish my grandfather was still alive to set him up here rather than singing into a cassette recorder with a one dollar microphone,would have been the best thing since the Television! lol

Have fun kids,and kids at heart,its thrilling to sing in private and even more thrilling to watch yourself,right?

miss being here and the many i met and became "friends" with

GlaszEyes

Reply by GlaszEyesGOLD

(((Patrick)))

- Next