This topic is listed in Off Topic. It has been viewed 222 times and 5 replies have been made.
Post your favorite Queen song here, or explain why Freddie is so amazing.
Bohemian Rhapsody: How historically accurate is the Queen film?
1. Freddie Mercury didn’t meet his future bandmates at a Smile gig
2. Freddie wasn’t the first Queen member to date Mary Austin
3. There was no rift between Mary and Freddie either
4. Ray Foster never existed
5. Queen never broke up
6. Prenter didn’t cause the Live Aid drama either
7. Freddie wasn’t diagnosed with HIV before Live Aid
8. Freddie didn’t meet Jim Hutton at his house party
9. Freddie didn’t come out to his parents either
So basically The Movie is inaccurate and fiction...so much for their research then...
Kinda like The Bible it is embellished but not entirely fiction. When you wanna "mythologise" a real historical person and real events you gotta be creative and decorate the facts but at the same time remaining true to the substance, message and character of the person portrayed. They do it pretty much to everybody in history with iconic status especially to religious figures. The truth as it happens in daily life no matter how great the person is are pretty much mundane and boring because it cannot and does not do justice to how people are made to feel and experience the charisma and spirit of what actually happened. So embellishments are necessary to secure a favourable legacy for future generations.
My favorite Queen song is "Who Wants To Live Forever":
I have 3 favorite:
- Radio Gaga (it was the introduction to Queen music)
- Love Of My Life (special song then, now I dedicate it to the love of my life)
- Bohemian Rhapsody (made me learn singing very high notes)
Create Account or Login to Reply
© 2019 SingSnap | Feb 23, 8:56 PM ET | Promo →