SingSnap Development Update!

This topic is listed in General Discussion. It has been viewed 11,690 times and 415 replies have been made.

Next >>
mandyrifficLEVEL 54

Edited post by mandyrifficSTAFF

Dear SingSnap Community,

In the likely case that you don’t know me, my name is Mandy (@mandyriffic) - I am the Project Manager for our Android, iOS & Web-based projects. Trevor brought me on board with SingSnap 12 months ago to organize and lead our three concurrent development projects and subsequently, all future development. In conjunction with our developers, @novella, @rob, @tony, @mark, @harry & I have been working tirelessly to get these apps ready & out to you. Did you know that in addition to all the amazing customer support that @novella & @rob provide you, they are also both heavily involved in day-to-day development & testing? Allow me to reiterate, I am so proud to be part of a team as dedicated, focused & hard working as ours is.

I understand that the SingSnap community has some questions regarding what we are doing in regards to Adobe no longer supporting Flash, and understandably so - no one can deny it has been a long road for us in development. Along the way we encountered some unusual challenges that - despite successful resolutions - ultimately ended up taking longer to resolve than we had initially anticipated. Developing a new app on its own can be a challenge. Our circumstances necessitated we balance the new development of our two mobile apps while simultaneously planning, building & implementing entirely new architecture for our WebApp platform that preserves the integrity/functionality of our established legacy SingSnap system. At every turn, our first priority was meeting the needs of our Community, whom we love very much.

Our team has been working practically around the clock to finish the apps for our SingSnap Community...and I am beyond excited and proud to FINALLY be able to tell you that VERY soon you will start seeing some changes...

..............1. You can anticipate the introduction of our Android app very soon. How soon? I know you have been given ..................dates in the past, and they have come and gone - let me tell you, it’s a matter of weeks.
..............2. After our Android app is released, we will be releasing our new iOS app.
..............3. After the two mobile apps are released, we will be releasing our revamped SingSnap website.

During this period of transition that we will soon enter, the SingSnap website that you're currently familiar with (we will call this our “Legacy System” going forward) will continue to run in production, as it currently does, with our new apps that we are introducing! Our old/new systems will be able to communicate to each other (while not everything will be bridged between the two systems, we will be syncing: recordings, comments, message board, user profiles).

When all 3 systems are running in production, we will look at implementing our plan to retire our legacy system. Please let me reassure you, we will NOT be retiring our legacy app until all 3 of our new apps are successfully launched and fully functioning in production. I’d like you to also know that future development cycles will be much shorter - you will not be waiting as long for new development as you have this time.

As is with any period of transition or growth, there are bound to be some hiccups along the way. I would like to personally thank you for your patience & understanding while we take this journey together toward something really amazing.

The best is yet to come, friends.

Happy Singing!

Mandy / @mandyriffic

Here is your very own sneak peek at our fabulous new app! In order of Top Left to Bottom Right: SingSnap Home Screen, Listen Screen, InnerCircles, Notification Window, Private Message Landing Page, and Private Messaging!

OriginalsLEVEL 69

Reply by OriginalsGOLD

look forward to these releases

Karens_MusicLEVEL 99

Reply by Karens_MusicGOLD +13

Sing whatever you want and have fun doing it !

Bravo !! so happy and looking forward to all this new stuff

soundchrisLEVEL 94

Reply by soundchrisGOLD

Can not wait for new site. Hope extra goodies come with it such as more song content.

VitaminDeeLEVEL 101

Reply by VitaminDeePATRON +4

Stay safe, be kind and find joy in the little things

This is wonderful news

Best wishes implementing the new toys we will be playing with

-CEZ-

Reply by -CEZ-GOLD

At my vacation house , feeling safe and free but slow net for singing .

For like 5-6 yrs I've been told that in few months we will have Android app .
I stop even hopping that this will ever happen .

I'll be very happy when this will come out. Thx all team for the great job !

babyblueeyessmilinLEVEL 92

Reply by babyblueeyessmilinGOLD

I have a essential job ... so I have to work <3 hugs <3

very nice article … I have used my iPhone a couple times to record

softnsweet372006LEVEL 94

Reply by softnsweet372006CHAT-ADMIN +2

Wash ya hands and keep ya fingers out of ya nose! Stay Safe Everyone <3

wow.. nice work! Look forward to what's to come

Rosie66LEVEL 95

Reply by Rosie66GOLD

I hope I am young enough to go with the flow of change,,,,WHEEEE

kentuckytrueLEVEL 81

Reply by kentuckytrueGOLD

I have been afraid to use any browser on my phone, I would hate to get a virus.

HappyBunnyLEVEL 75

Reply by HappyBunnyGOLD

Sounds great. Can't wait to see it in action.

theriverwaters

Reply by theriverwatersGOLD

Well I will believe it when I see it lol. I hope you don't break the website because you are trying to make it more like the apps and ruin our computer enjoyment.

TWEENYPAULINELEVEL 76

Reply by TWEENYPAULINEPATRON

LETS HOPE IT WORKS !!!

helcrisLEVEL 105

Reply by helcrisPATRON +1

STAY SAFE EVERYONE

Hi Mandy

helcrisLEVEL 105

Reply by helcrisPATRON +1

STAY SAFE EVERYONE

Love all the work you all have done … I will be getting a new phone as, mine is not doing so well but, hey that's life ( all of you work very hard and it is much appreciated) ssf Helen

-Bev-LEVEL 106

Reply by -Bev-SPECIAL-EVENTS +2

I got a nasty bout of Shingles which are very painful and feel unwell!! :(

Wooooooo hooooooooo so loving this I have an android phone.... Thanks for all you and the staff do to make Singsnap an even better place to be....for all your hard work

SoloSongstressLEVEL 102

Reply by SoloSongstressGOLD

This is exciting news!

MyraLynnLEVEL 106

Reply by MyraLynnGOLD

Excited!!

RockingTommy1950LEVEL 108

Reply by RockingTommy1950GOLD +1

at 69 years old I am a little nervous, as I hate change, but progress is progress, I hope not to much will change on the play and recording side of SS, that I will still be able to use my computer and existing recording set up.

DawnNeptuneLEVEL 95

Reply by DawnNeptuneGOLD

Android apps can be a complicated build.... but will all be worth it in the end! Looking forward to checking it out on my droids when they are released.

Terri-anneLEVEL 88

Reply by Terri-anneGOLD

Thank you for my karaoke star trinket <3

Yay..Thank you SingSnap team/everyone working behind the scenes to make these new most welcome, great changes finally happen!

This news update will be a blessing for us all especially our Android loving Singsnappers who have been waiting an age for a SingSnap Android app to be released!

WandaMarieLEVEL 66

Reply by WandaMarieGOLD

Hello.!!!
This is going to be Outstanding.!!
I have been with SingSnap from the very beginning.. And I am thrilled with these new changes.. Thank you everyone on the Staff for all the hard work you do... Looking forward to many more years of Singing here in SingSnap.!!
Hugs
WandaMarie

BigFoot52LEVEL 68

Reply by BigFoot52GOLD

Looking forward to the new Apps

Mystical-EyesLEVEL 104

Reply by Mystical-EyesGOLD +2

Sounds great. Can't wait to see it in action.

jclabbLEVEL 61

Edited reply by jclabbGOLD

QTBUNZLEVEL 86

Reply by QTBUNZGOLD

AWESOME

Angelgirl758LEVEL 111

Reply by Angelgirl758GOLD +16

TY SINGSNAP FOR THE SWAG PACKAGE <3

CONGRATS TO ALL WHEEHOO!!!!

RachelRae8LEVEL 109

Reply by RachelRae8PATRON +1

All exciting news!!.... I'm looking forward to it!

DaBratttLEVEL 102

Reply by DaBratttGOLD

GentleRaiinLEVEL 106

Reply by GentleRaiinGOLD

Thanks for the '''star''.....please stay safe and keep singing!!! hugs!!

Nice....exciting to learn the new stuff!!

jc4uLEVEL 103

Reply by jc4uPATRON

"Pray without Ceasing" "The Blessing" r/cdaf7265f Prayers!

Hi, Mandy, - how very exciting this all sounds. . . what a fabulous Community
SingSnap is and is becoming better and better all the time - big thanks to
all who have been working so hard on this. . . not an easy task, to be sure!

singingsister57LEVEL 104

Edited reply by singingsister57GOLD

Country star Joe Diffie succumbed to complications of Covid-19.

at 69 years old I am a little nervous, as I hate change, but progress is progress, I hope not to much will change on the play and recording side of SS, that I will still be able to use my computer and existing recording set up.teg1950

Don't be nervous. I'm 61 and I've been helping out with the testing along with other SingSnappers who signed up to help. The developers are getting good feedback when we report bugs. Even after release their may be bugs but that is with any new program. My husband is a computer programmer analyst for a major bank. He and his team are very good at what they do and they still have to start from square one at times to make something work. SingSnappers won't have to start from square one. That's what we do the testing for. The staff wants to make sure that it's as smooth of a transition as possible.

And YES you can use your computer. You don't have to use a phone. I prefer recording on my computer, too. I don't go a lot of places where I need to be using a phone to record in SingSnap, but that's what a lot of young people like to do. I doubt they will ever get rid of being able to record on your computer.

jeannetteb

Reply by jeannettebGOLD +1

Tks for the star, whoever you are! Love it! :)

Thank you so much Mandy! You really are TerrIFFFIC in every way, and so are Rob, and Novella, and Harry, and all our developers, and of course our Trevor is amazing! Looking forward to all the new stuff, and thanks a bunch to all of you for all the hard work!

CheyennyLEVEL 62

Reply by CheyennyGOLD

Yea, Right! We will see if this is true! I can't even use Singsnap Debug now! Your system has so many flaws!

SILLIESARALEVEL 102

Reply by SILLIESARA

sounds great hope to try it eventually. what a nice idea
hugs
Sara

jajemorLEVEL 49

Reply by jajemorPATRON

Does this mean our old recordings done with flash will become unavailable?

singingsister57LEVEL 104

Reply by singingsister57GOLD

Yea, Right! We will see if this is true! I can't even use Singsnap Debug now! Your system has so many flaws!Cheyenny

That's funny. Those of us who are testing are still able to use it just fine. I'm sure if you talk with Rob, he will see why you are having problems. Try to remember that there are sooooo many different types of Androids and the software has to work with every one of them. If you are having trouble with testing, tell Rob so he can get it sorted out.

__Angels__LEVEL 110

Reply by __Angels__GOLD

watchandlisten/play/b869fb59f

Grear news Mandy!!! All are doing great job!!! !!!!

Carol-ALEVEL 107

Edited reply by Carol-AGOLD +1

I HOPE THIS IMPROVES THE SOUND ALSO.

rabsgalLEVEL 83

Reply by rabsgalGOLD +1

hmmmmm!!!!!!a little apprehensive hope this does not change recording. and the same function on the computer,, (on the phone am totally brainless how this would work!)at 88,change would be a real challenge! but, love love this site ,,,,,,,,, part of my daily routine,,,,,,, please tell me this will noT effect how this works on the computer ( always willing to learn new things ,and say bravo to all who present new changes )

mystikopalLEVEL 88

Edited reply by mystikopalGOLD +2

Stay Well...I Care!

Im usually a bit of a creature of habit but when it comes to singsnap and your awesome development..Im so stoked and uber excited! wtg ss
~Karen ~

fofun

Reply by fofunGOLD

Cool

PeggyMoonHicksLEVEL 101

Reply by PeggyMoonHicksGOLD

Can't wait!!!

NovellaLEVEL 111

Reply by NovellaSTAFF +6

You are ALL Stars! <3

Does this mean our old recordings done with flash will become unavailable?jajemor

No, not at all! That just means they will STILL be playable once Flash becomes obsolete

DaisyTeaLEVEL 101

Reply by DaisyTea

Woweeee .... lots of cool stuff coming up.

singingsister57LEVEL 104

Reply by singingsister57GOLD

Does this mean our old recordings done with flash will become unavailable?jajemor

No, not at all! That just means they will STILL be playable once Flash becomes obsolete Novella

Thank you for that!

sylviapl65LEVEL 80

Reply by sylviapl65GOLD

sounding awesome! hugs****************************************Sylvia!

rabsgalLEVEL 83

Reply by rabsgalGOLD +1

does this mean that in the future ((flash) will be obsolete, and,,,,,,,,, another source will be available to members on ss ?

DrsWoodardLEVEL 104

Reply by DrsWoodardGOLD +2

SUGAH DADDI / THE ONE_MAN BAND watchandlisten/play/28697257?mixed=1

THANKS FOR THE UPDATE...LET ER RIP!

BillBassLEVEL 59

Reply by BillBassGOLD

THANK YOU I WILL LIKE IT LETS GO

Steve-GLEVEL 91

Reply by Steve-GCHAT-ADMIN +2

This is GREAT news!

I know many of you are aprehensive and the android app has taken a long time, but its almost here. I mean around the corner, a few weeks. As Mandy has said.. there was more to this build than just creating an app. SingSnap wants it to run seamless across all platforms. I know with the android app out you are going to see many new faces in the community we love. Likely 2/3 of the population use android phones.

I am very much looking forward to seeing what all this brings to us.

Next >>