This topic is listed in Contests - Auditions.
It has been viewed 15,625 times and 30 replies have been made.

Annie

Edited post by AnnieSTAFF

There are a great many contests going on at any one time. This is a great place to meet new friends, share your talent and listen to the amazing talent of others. We’ve put together a few guidelines as to how to enter a contest, choosing the right contest, and your responsibility as a contestant.

Choosing the right contest.

This is tricky, but as you get more comfortable with the contest threads, you will know which contests are best suited for your level of participation and comfort of conversation.

When choosing a contest, be sure that you read the opening post and any other postings made by the host of the contest very carefully. Know what you are getting into. Understand the rules and how the host wishes you to post your songs. Read the rules and make sure you are clear on them before entering. If you have questions, it’s ok to ask…it’s possible that others have the same question.

How to enter a contest.

Again…read the rules. Some contests will insist on a brand new “fresh” recording even for auditions. Most of the time, “pre-records” (any song recorded prior to today) will be allowed for the Audition phase only. On rare occasions, you may be allowed to use “pre-recorded” songs for the entire contest. Read carefully.

Click on the song you want to enter.
Highlight all of the code in the box marked “Link” to the right of the Player.
Right Click and select Copy
Go to the contest thread that you want to enter your song in.
In the “Reply Text” box, type something like: “I would like to enter”
Type the name of the Song Title and the Artist and right click and select “Paste” to leave your song code.

Ex. (Some hosts will prefer a different method, so again…make sure you read the rules)

I would like to enter this contest. Looks like fun! Here’s my audition song.

Over The Rainbow – Judy Garland

Responsibilities.

Have I mentioned reading the rules? Lol This is first and foremost of your responsibilities as a contestant. Know what will be expected of you in each round. Understand the judging criteria. Pay attention to the theme and what type of song you are being asked to enter. Be clear on when the deadline is. If you have any questions regarding the audition or round…ask. It is in your best interest to be very clear on what is expected.

Do not create drama. It is all right to disagree with an outcome, but please keep your discussions civil and respectful. The best thing to do if you are unclear as to the result of a round or contest is to privately message the host and politely ask for clarification. If at that time, you still do not agree…simply walk away knowing you did your best. Judges have a very difficult task of coming to a final conclusion. All people do not hear all things the same way. Do not take it personally.

If you encounter a problem that you feel you cannot handle, or if you have questions regarding any of these guidelines, feel free to contact us at Community Support. We do not involve ourselves in the contests as far as rules and judging, but if there are general forum rules being broken or violations of the TOU/COC, we can and will assist.

Last but not Least

Have fun.
Do your best.
Listen, comment and encourage your fellow contestants.
Participate in the threads.
Congratulate those moving on.
If you do not make it through a round, exit with dignity and have respect for those moving forward.

There is a wonderful thread here that goes into even further detail. Here is the Contestant section.

wizard_of_ice

Reply by wizard_of_ice

Responsibilities should include actually showing up and participating in the contest you asked to join. A good contestant needs to look into the thread as often as possible. Daily or more if possible just to keep up with what is going on.
Songs will need to be submitted and as a contestant asked to be in the contest....and it is possible that another person did not make it because you did...it is only fair to actually submit songs on time and not to just disapear. If you need to quit please let the host know.

Sunshine

Reply by SunshineGOLD

***Open Duet*** You choose harmony or melody! Hope you will pick one and join me!

Just a question Annie....are the site-admins now gonna control and monitor contests on Singsnap?? No offence meant...just curious!!

thanks....

Annie

Reply by AnnieSTAFF

Hi Sunshine...no...we simply don't have that kind of manpower or time. We will of course handle complaints, etc...but we simply can't be monitoring the huge amount of threads involved in the auditions/contests. We will leave it up to the members and the hosts to conduct these contests as professionally as possible.

Any violations of TOU/COC should be reported.

SingingRainbow

Reply by SingingRainbowSNAP-STAR

A big heartfelt thank you to everyone who made Johnny's bday special on Sunday! We love ya'll xox

Hello Annie! I have a question.....

Is there a way that singsnap staff can "take away" the contest threads more quickly when we are done with them?

I for one have the habit of asking staff to take the thread that i am done with in bold and colored font but it has happened that those threads still linger for days after i've said they were terminated .

Is it something we as hosts do not do right? If there is a better format can you make us aware of please ?

Thanks hon ! Just tryiong to do what i gotta do right in the New year lol :o)

Deveney

Reply by DeveneyGOLD

Thank you Annie I found this thread helpful.

The only thing that you mentioned that I do not see a lot of in contests in the judging criteria.
I think it would be helpful for hosts or judges to post what are they listening for, is it a 10 point scale and if so in what categories,.
I think it would be helpful for contestants to know what the host is "looking" for.
I just wish that more hosts would be more forthcoming with the judging criteria, and then not as many people would be like "are you deaf, this is a waste of time, this is a clique thing" because I have read that as I am sure almost anyone who has entered a contest has read at one point or another.

Annie

Reply by AnnieSTAFF

SingingRainbow: We DO try to remove them as quickly as we can...some hosts want them moved immediately, while others would like a few days. The best thing to do is to PM us at Community Support.

Deveney: There is another thread like this for Hosts which does mention judging criteria. I agree with you that the more information a host provides the less confusion there will be.

SingingRainbow

A big heartfelt thank you to everyone who made Johnny's bday special on Sunday! We love ya'll xox

Thank you Annie :o) I will do that in the future :o)

Larry-G

Reply by Larry-GSNAP-STAR

I'm in Annie ! :0) Do we need to submit an audition song for you ? LoL

( sorry ) couldn't resist :0)

Annie

Reply by AnnieSTAFF

lol Larry...you're already IN my one and only contest.

DebPG13

Edited reply by DebPG13GOLD

Hi Annie..... :)))))

Listening to others is not a requirement on most Contests, however it does help "you" the contestant to know from listening how/why the Judge(s) make their decisions.

DebPG13

Reply by DebPG13GOLD

Flagging..... :)))))

SexyMama47

Reply by SexyMama47SNAP-STAR

Hi Annie is there a way from preventing certain members hosting contests?There is one member that i know of that always has other doing all the work and can never make their mind up for endings dates and hardly on their thread and always complaining.

Iceman1967

Reply by Iceman1967CHAT-ADMIN

I would like to be a entry in this contest...So i hope to hear back from you

Iceman1967

Reply by Iceman1967CHAT-ADMIN

I would like to be a entry in this contest...So i hope to hear back from you

SexyMama47

Reply by SexyMama47SNAP-STAR

unflagging seeing im getting no answer.

DebPG13

Reply by DebPG13GOLD

unflagging seeing im getting no answer.SexyMama47

Annie has been very busy.......why not PM her with your concerns about Contests?

Deb

Annie

Reply by AnnieSTAFF

Hi Annie is there a way from preventing certain members hosting contests?There is one member that i know of that always has other doing all the work and can never make their mind up for endings dates and hardly on their thread and always complaining. SexyMama47
Sorry that you didn't receive a reply right away. These weren't really threads created for discussion, but for information, so I don't monitor them as closely as others. If you have any questions about contests, you should PM me or Community Support.

To answer you question, however, no...what people need to understand is that the contests are threads like any other on the site. Anyone can start a thread, and as long as it does not violate TOU/COC, it is not deleted or moderated.

LilKitty

Reply by LilKittyGOLD

Missing my cat, "Honey"... :-(

Responsibilities should include actually showing up and participating in the contest you asked to join. A good contestant needs to look into the thread as often as possible. Daily or more if possible just to keep up with what is going on.
Songs will need to be submitted and as a contestant asked to be in the contest....and it is possible that another person did not make it because you did...it is only fair to actually submit songs on time and not to just disapear. If you need to quit please let the host know. wizard_of_ice

I TOTALLY agree! I just hate it when I'm cut, and another person gets thru to next round, but they just quit or don't turn their song in..

Britneyspearsfan1201

Reply by Britneyspearsfan1201

hey there i have a person who after i tould them to pick anouther song because they are blue and the song is gold,

they right off said i can rec it without being gold and i had made it clear from round 1 that it has to sung by either a gold memmber or blue , the song is gold and they are blue what should i do.....???

Wolf3773

Edited reply by Wolf3773

hey there i have a person who after i tould them to pick anouther song because they are blue and the song is gold,

they right off said i can rec it without being gold and i had made it clear from round 1 that it has to sung by either a gold memmber or blue , the song is gold and they are blue what should i do.....???
Britneyspearsfan1201

if they are blue and can record a gold song I wanna know how...lol ......no contest should have that much drama.....everyone should respect the host.....hands down

Annie

Reply by AnnieSTAFF

Britneyspearsfan1201

I already answered you privately...but for those who are reading this thread...

Attempting to do this is a violation of the Terms of Use, and users risk losing their accounts by doing this.

kimmyfari

Reply by kimmyfari

jus a quick question if you win gold membership for a month or so will those recordings stay wen u go back to blue or will you have to delete to carry ti back to 100??

Mishamay

Reply by MishamayGOLD

jus a quick question if you win gold membership for a month or so will those recordings stay wen u go back to blue or will you have to delete to carry ti back to 100??kimmyfari
If you win gold for a month and then go back to blue, unless you purchase gold you will have to delete any songs over the 100 mark if you remain blue. The newest 100 songs that you sang are the ones that will remain, unless you want to keep some older songs too. In that case, you can delete some of the newer ones you sang, and restore the older ones from the recycle bin in exchange for the newer ones you deleted, keeping you at 100.

I hope that helps.

kristyv

Reply by kristyvGOLD

I know we didn't make it our song was locked but we still want you all to hear it. Catch ya next time!
http://www.singsnap.com/snap/r/bef680fc

tiffynfriends

Reply by tiffynfriends

Henny_K

Reply by Henny_KGOLD

never entered a contest and frankly i dont know how to so i guess i cant do it either,, but its just to sing a song then link it to my studio-------++ ??? well thanks for the answer ;D sorry for being such a noob

JooDee

Edited reply by JooDee

never entered a contest and frankly i dont know how to so i guess i cant do it either,, but its just to sing a song then link it to my studio-------++ ??? well thanks for the answer ;D sorry for being such a noob Hennies

After you are finished with your recording, just go to that song page and copy your song "link" code" (Top right hand corner of the public song page)
Then go to the contest page you wish to enter, and after you type out your title, and any other information, skip down a line or two, and "paste" your link.
It will then be "click-able" to anyone who wants to go listen, and will be acessable to your contest judges also. Just make sure you have your song set to "public".
If you have done it correctly, you'll see your song code in blue ink and underlined.
Look all around here on the contest threads. You'll see many examples. If you need any more help any one of us will be more then happy to help you! Just send a PM!

DebPG13

Reply by DebPG13GOLD

PLEASE do not enter Contests unless you are willing to make a *full* commitment!!!!!

SingingRainbow

AMEN TO THAT GIRL

Topic Closed
This topic has been closed and will not receive any new replies.