Eagles vs Patriots Super Bowl

This topic is listed in Promotion. It has been viewed 141 times and 5 replies have been made.

SalaliLEVEL 65

Post by SalaliGOLD

This is not a audition contest yet (ISO someone interest creating this contest)

I would like to see a contest for fans of these two teams , they may not be your favorite teams but for the super Bowl you will choice the team to win by signing up singers to post songs that reflect the challenge of a super bowl playoff. Starting out with 20 Eagles and 20 Patriots Teams ..Once the spots are full will begin posting there songs to be judged each team will get one winner and those winners will have sing off by selecting another song for there opponent to sing of there choice that will be any song ...Will need someone to hold the contest and have judges to judge ..I just had a idea and wanted to post this I would be willing to be a judge too never have put on a contest just want to learn how it works....Trish

SalaliLEVEL 65

Reply by SalaliGOLD

VitaminDeeLEVEL 96

Reply by VitaminDeeSNAP-STAR +14

Join us & reminisce. Searching for Christmas songs over 150 years old-- Informational video---

You have some great ideas

skyrisimaLEVEL 72

Reply by skyrisima

Excellent idea. I am in the middle of switching jobs so, (thanks Dee for thinking of me), but, I can't help out on this one. I'm not even recording at the moment. However, I had a few questions which I hope will flesh out what you want to do a bit.

1) You will want to start this before the Super Bowl if you can. If not, don't sweat it too much, though. Interest may wane a little after Super Bowl Sunday but, not too, too much. How many rounds are you thinking?

2) Also, you said "Starting out with 20 Eagles and 20 Patriots Teams". My biggest concern would be how many people you are after. 40 people, alone, are a lot to drum up quickly. More than 30 can take a while to draw interest, even if a judge has several regulars they can call on to fill slots. Getting them to find "partners", let alone "teams" can be a much bigger headache. Best advice I have, "Simplify":

No more than 10 teams. 5 Patriots and 5 Eagles. No more than 4 people per team. In total ten teams of four... or 40 contestants.

If you want teams, have them create a team banner and a inner circle to communicate with their teammates. This helps teams build good bonds. You may want to consider other ways to help them actually become a team. Some of mine have had mascots or school songs. This one would want different things but, you get the idea. Just try including things that foster team morale.

Flesh out exactly what will be expected in each round. Figuring out the themes, challenges, and due dates of each round is the easy part. (Though, give you and all other judges enough time to do the behind the scenes stuff too).

Figuring out how judges (or, in this case, contestants) actually judge one another and on what types of criteria they judge one another is a bit tougher. Give every team clear expectations of everything they must due beyond choosing and singing their song. Don't forget to flesh out all expectations for "extras". For example, I know you want them to judge one another but, will you want teams to put forth a visual/presentation element? (I just thought of Super Bowl commercials and started grinning, thinking about what they might come up with!) Whatever you decide, though, make sure that each criteria is clearly and simply conveyed so there is no confusion.

Anyway, there is a lot to decide on, to be sure but, the concept is a really great one! It certainly can be done and I hope that it will be done! I know folks really should have a blast with it, especially if it is well thought out and prepped beforehand.

I can't promise I'll be around, especially during this week but, should you have any questions as you move forward with this idea, feel free to send me a PM! I'll respond as soon as I can.

Oh... last thing... Remember, we love them but, SingSnappers are lazy and absent minded some times. Make sure that you and/or your helpers send out reminders as you move from task to task. Simple PMs like this can help smooth along the journey. Best of luck to y'all!

SalaliLEVEL 65

Reply by SalaliGOLD

Thank you for all those thoughts ...I have never created a contest I just had a idea for the super bowl and thought a little contest for the teams...Just putting this out there hoping someone with experience would want to do a contest and I would help out to learn how these contests work..

VitaminDeeLEVEL 96

Reply by VitaminDeeSNAP-STAR +14

Join us & reminisce. Searching for Christmas songs over 150 years old-- Informational video---

Thank you for all those thoughts ...I have never created a contest I just had a idea for the super bowl and thought a little contest for the teams...Just putting this out there hoping someone with experience would want to do a contest and I would help out to learn how these contests work..Salali

Ya Skyrisiima is the queen of creative contests. I hope you will create an event.'

if u need help let us know.