Catfish Anyone?

This topic is listed in General Discussion. It has been viewed 6,416 times and 238 replies have been made.

<< Prev  
RedAmy64LEVEL 106

Reply by RedAmy64GOLD

Personally, I am always me. No false pretenses here. Too bad I can't say the same for others. Don't trust easily out there in cyberspace.

Asmodeus13LEVEL 50

Reply by Asmodeus13

I think half of the point of cyberspace is that you can both be yourself and be a totally different person. As long as it hurts no one else what does it matter who you present yourself to be?

-Alexandrea

Reply by -Alexandrea +1

-Harpn4fun-LEVEL 92

Reply by -Harpn4fun-GOLD

I've lost my voice, can't find it!

I been hoodwinked 3 times here. And once on Yahoo games. No money involved thank god!

babyblueeyessmilinLEVEL 79

Reply by babyblueeyessmilinGOLD +4

Happy Memorial Day Weekend <3 Hugs <3

I think that it’s terrible how people can actually do that and get away with it ....alot of feelings gets hurt or you could get scammed .... I have had people try to fool me....but I don’t fall for it ...it’s like a game to them ... I don’t answer messages from people who don’t have songs and try to give me a hard luck story...just be careful cause guys and woman both love to mess with hearts ....I have seen it alot

Cinnamon1965LEVEL 104

Reply by Cinnamon1965SPECIAL-EVENTS +2

Tina, Great article!!!!!!!!!!
I swore I already read this and had a response, but here I am noticing I didnt.

It is tough for some people to be themselves when they worry about how others will receive them. But for those that do it for the soul purpose of hoodwinking others, shame on them.

SoulfulStrutterLEVEL 97

Reply by SoulfulStrutterGOLD

Yes, I have run into that here. Catfishing and drama galore. It happens on a lot of the sites...Facebook, Yahoo, you name it. I am 100% me, always, so the first time I encountered a catfish, I was very green. Couldn't understand why anyone would do it. Now I can sniff them out like rotten eggs. Sometimes I play along and let them continue to spin their tall tale--as long as they do not ask me for anything!

LiliMookaLEVEL 93

Reply by LiliMookaCHAT-ADMIN +2

This is such an amazing piece of information here ... I had heard the term but never really knew what it was ... Thank you again, Singsnap for teaching me something I never fully understood, or actually didnt really know anything about .. until now.

_BettyM_LEVEL 22

Reply by _BettyM_

Great article

AuntyWalnutLEVEL 102

Reply by AuntyWalnutGOLD

Great read, it can be a scary, crazy world. I hate deception.

LesliAnnLEVEL 67

Reply by LesliAnnPATRON

Really good info! And so true - I wish I could be the innocent, trusting person I once was, but I have become somewhat "Jaded" when it comes to believing strangers - too much deceit out there.

SugarBabe4uLEVEL 92

Reply by SugarBabe4uGOLD +4

Dreams are what the heart desire’s the most!!

Great info!!

PutzigLEVEL 65

Reply by PutzigGOLD

sisterraindropLEVEL 92

Reply by sisterraindropGOLD

Thanks for the info.

starsearchLEVEL 106

Reply by starsearchGOLD +4

yes

rbonecrusherLEVEL 81

Reply by rbonecrusherGOLD

There are a lot of nice people on SS. I don't worry about being catfished because I'm not looking for anything beyond singing and listening to others who wish to sing on here. My user name is a nick name I've had most of my life. At my age it would be foolish to try and be something other than me. My picture is current this year and my video's are me. Those that pray on the gullible are opportunists and usually are found out soon enough. I'm thankful no one has said any unkind words to me on this site. I have a love of life and avoid negativity when possible. So many good things in life no reason to dwell on the bad.
Have a great day and sing sing sing, it feels so good,
Ray

tigers12LEVEL 84

Reply by tigers12GOLD

great info thanks xxx

TuxBurkeLEVEL 62

Reply by TuxBurkeGOLD

r/b06700adc Video Starring MrsTux

Nope, no Catfish even when fishing in Maine....LOL

EnioPedrozoLEVEL 102

Reply by EnioPedrozoGOLD +2

DON'T LET ME DOWN ***** Click here...and enjoy it. Thank you!

MuppetgalLEVEL 83

Reply by MuppetgalGOLD

I've been catfished, but would never imagine doing it to someone else. Horrible!

BenwizardLEVEL 57

Reply by BenwizardGOLD

I don't think it has happened to me in any serious fashion. Some folks I have met on here are not what their profile picture appears to be but nobody has seemed to be trying to lead me into anything.

I know that lots of folks just like to sort of spice up their lives by appearing to be something other than who or what they really are. And that's fine with me as long as they don't get into using other folks.

I am who I appear to be on here. My picture of me is current and does not hide anything about me. My username came from an interesting story in my life but it is not meant to make me appear to be anything but what I am...an older gentleman who likes to sing and make friends, and who has had some very unique and interesting experiences in life.

ErinLLEVEL 52

Reply by ErinLGOLD +1

I'm just always me, so I don't ever think that maybe you are not actually you....trust easily and forgive quickly. SOOOO...for safeguarding myself, I keep my husband abreast of all my friends and connections. He has so much better of a "something smells here" sniffer than I do. We actually make a pretty good team. He keeps me safe from my naivety, and I keep him willing to give people a chance. God makes good teams that way.

freddybruceLEVEL 100

Reply by freddybruceGOLD

It's sad that this happens but people just have to be aware of it....

big_wolfpawsLEVEL 47

Reply by big_wolfpawsGOLD

I think everyone gets catfished at least once in life.

CindiAnnLEVEL 58

Reply by CindiAnnGOLD

Great article! Thanks!

mouser2youLEVEL 47

Reply by mouser2youGOLD

Yeppers! Good article! This happens so much more often than people want to believe! You can be anybody you want to be... online. Thank you for posting!

chi-townguyLEVEL 51

Reply by chi-townguyGOLD +1

Well
My name is David and I’m real. Lol

notevolvedLEVEL 50

Reply by notevolvedGOLD

Just remember... What happens on the internet, stays on the internet... FOREVER! ;)

Great article. The world has always been filled with both good and evil, right and wrong. Call it what you wish. I believe the whole purpose of this life is to is to choose which side.

Tricia1968LEVEL 73

Reply by Tricia1968GOLD +1

interesting

Carol-ALEVEL 105

Reply by Carol-AGOLD +3

U.R. ALWAYS & RIGHT NOW , IN MY PRAYERS <3

I'M SORRY TO SAY THAT AFTER 11 YEARS, IT SEEMS LIKE I HAVE BEEN CATFISHED, AND BECAUSE IT IS SO NEW, I DOUBT THAT I WILL EVER TRUST ANOTHER MAN. I WAS PROMISED THE MOON AND THE STARS IN THE BEGINNING, AND THE FURTHER HE CAME TO KNOW ME HE KNEW HE HAD ME HOOKED..... THEN HE SLOWLY DWINDLED AWAY AND NOW HE'S GONE...… AND IM LEFT WITH THIS DANG HOOK TO TRY AND GET OUT OF ME ……….

YOU BROUGHT MY AWARENESS OUT AFTER READING THIS..... AND I STARTED WATCHING THE SHOW THE CATFISH AND FOUND ALL THE TELL TALE SIGNS...… YEP ITS GONNA TAKE A LONG TIME TO GET OVER THIS...…….

MillenniaLEVEL 96

Reply by MillenniaGOLD +1

AHHH! been caught by a catfish or two on this site I must say! I am VERY wary now though!

leoniesingsLEVEL 26

Reply by leoniesingsGOLD

It is good to see this issue addressed here. I get regular 'hellos' from people that don't even put a song up. I just ignore them now as I was fooled about a year ago until the guy finally admitted all to me after I wasn't biting with a money offer to the critical needs coming up in his life. I would always tell him I was praying for him & did tell him that I had assured a friend that the moment a money request came up, I was out of there. Money was never requested directly, just couched in terrible health occurrences in his family that he couldn't afford. That person came clean to me and we discontinued our conversations.

DawnNeptuneLEVEL 93

Reply by DawnNeptuneGOLD +7

I will be listening to everyone on Saturday.

I say it’s sad, but it happens and it’s never going to stop so when you get yourself a catfish which I have, just fillet em, Fry em and devour them!! I did, and I felt bad for a minute. Lol what can I say, can only put up with so much twisted BS. Just be honest stop playing games. Always making excuse to do bad things.

Serenity_SkyeLEVEL 52

Reply by Serenity_SkyePATRON +2

Listening to songs, having a glass of wine, reminiscing about special moments! <3

It's a crazy world and time that we live in now...so many things happening that one would never dream of..but unfortunately they do.
Naïvety and kindness are so easily taken advantage of, and that is just sad. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is...makes being positive very difficult! "Once bitten, twice shy!!"
Thanks for posting!!

angelicsmile21LEVEL 37

Reply by angelicsmile21

PlumcreekLEVEL 62

Reply by PlumcreekGOLD

When I have been catfished.... just brush it off and don't feel like a 'sucker'. (pun intended).Things like this happen to everyone at one time or another.

Richie24_7LEVEL 19

Reply by Richie24_7NEW-MEMBER

ahh i see..many of the participating noodlers of catfishing are present. what you see with me..is 100% of who i am. i guess a 'hider' wouldn't use their real name..lol..anywho..i do believe we all have an active and responsible part of our cyber foot print..nothing goes away..just because you hit the delete button. typically in my years of experience dealing with profiles and chat room that share music..you can hide..your face or who you are..and thats fine...However..you will NEVER be able to disguise how you chat, and what you chat about..that will Always give one insight to who you actually are.

<< Prev