Wish List For CS Contributors/Uploaders

This topic is listed in Website Suggestions. It has been viewed 333 times and 11 replies have been made.

sweetsuejustyouLEVEL 83

Edited post by sweetsuejustyouGOLD +4

New Christmas songs uploaded to CS : forum/topic/b513c022

I'm starting this topic for the benefit of the members who regularly upload to the CS and especially with more than 100 songs in their account. Feel free to contribute suggestions and ideas as may apply. Hope SS admins will take them into consideration.

For starters, here's my wish list:

1. Listing of CS songs in alphabetical order instead of the date that they were uploaded. Several times I have had the need to go back to edit a song that I uploaded - usually the title, genre or the lyrics, and it takes me ages to backtrack through my list - which as of this post runs to 58 pages - and manually search for the song in question. It is very time-consuming to say the least. Having the songs listed from A-Z would certainly make life easier.

2. For duet songs where Singer 1 and Singer 2 do only individual parts without singing together, have the box for "both singers" as a removable option.

3. Again, for duet songs, have a separate color coding option for interludes/instrumentals/breaks. Currently I have had to use the color code for Singer 1 or 2 for breaks between verses, which in my case, I usually designate as ------

4. I've noticed that when moving lyrics of a song from one line to the next in the first verse and then repeating the process in the next, it goes back to the original phrasing and I've had to go back and start the whole procedure over again.

Taking as an example a song I recently uploaded. The original lines as copied and pasted from a lyrics site were:

One has brown eyes the
other's eyes are blue
To the other I am tied to
the other I am true.

I edited and rephrased the lines accordingly and logically as:

One has brown eyes
The other's eyes are blue
To the other I am tied
to the other I am true.

The verse is repeated in the second half of the song, but when I attempt to copy paste the edited lines, everything goes out of whack back to the original phrasing and I've had to start anew. Very tedious to do especially when having the verse is repeated around three or more times depending on the song.

5. I understand that this topic has been mentioned before (http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/forum/topic/ab13f3a4) , but can the ratings system please be removed? Or in the very least just the thumbs down portion. It is NOT always an accurate indication of the quality of an upload. Not wishing to toot my own horn here, but as the regular followers of my CS board would know by now, all my uploads are 100% genuine karaoke and not "devocalized" tracks done on the so-called vocal remover programs. If there is any discrepancy with the upload, say the timing of lyrics to melody, I would prefer to receive a PM about it rather than have to guess why it got such-and-such a rating in the first place.

On the other hand, I have come across uploaded songs that rated 100% but are clearly inferior quality audio. Don't want to incriminate anyone by posting the song links here (PM me for examples if you wish) but clearly vetting and checking of CS uploads is in order and those deemed to be unsuitable should be removed pronto.

As mentioned earlier, fellow uploaders are free to add their two cents' worth to the wishlist.

CateyesJan

Reply by CateyesJanGOLD

I Surely Agree With This, Uploading & Syncing Is Very Time Consuming. I Still Have Problems
I Give Everyone Credit For Their Contribution and thank all of you but I do Agree, I have seen some very bad uploads and I'm sure I have had some.

ImaChristian2

Reply by ImaChristian2GOLD +2

HAAHA! Thanks For the Nice Gift and lump of Coal Anonymous! You are so right! BAWK BAWK BAWK!

I would just like to personally thank sweetsuejustyou, for all of the uploads she has so generously shared! Girl, you must be one of the top up-loaders, when it comes to the number of tracks, individual members have contributed. I know, I'm speaking for many people, when I say, the quality and variety sweetsuejustyou offers is top shelf! There are so many up-loaders, who deserve recognition, I apologize for not naming you all. Whether you have shared one, or one hundred, you are all appreciated for the hard work you have donated.
I have uploaded only 2 songs, and without the patience, both Novella and Rob possess, that number would be a lot lower. LOL! I found it extremely hard, to get the lyrics and music lined up, and I almost gave up, especially on the duet song, but Novella ignored my tantrum and offered guidance. (Thanks N) !! In my case, its so much easier to leave uploading, to the Pro's ( otherwise known, as fellow members) right here on SingSnap, LOL! I'm much more grateful, towards the efforts of people like sweetsuejustyou, after experiencing member uploading ,first hand. It was much harder then I imagined.
I hope all of the tools, sweetsuejustyou requested, will be considered . I love singing her tracks, especially the duets, which I will not be uploading, ever again. Never ever. Way too hard, LOL! Please give the women what she needs for incentive!! Thanks so very much, all of you!

ImaChristian2

Reply by ImaChristian2GOLD +2

HAAHA! Thanks For the Nice Gift and lump of Coal Anonymous! You are so right! BAWK BAWK BAWK!

OH! Stupid paragraphs I tried to put in the above post didnt work. Oh well! LOL!

MikeIIILEVEL 105

Edited reply by MikeIIIGOLD

*Pray for California fire/Anchorage quake victims*Great week to all*1,797 songs uploaded *

I have requested your #1 Item on your wish list early last year(2017) as an option tab(Songbook Uploads) instead of a pulldown from my Account. The option would only appear to those who have CS uploads. My request was denied at that time because I was the only uploader who was affected by it. With over 1,500+ songs on my list now, this functionality would really be helpful.

As far as duet lyrics, there are songs wherein the two singers have fast exchanges and the current CS system cannot accommodate them nicely. More importantly, once you have saved incorrect lyrics assignments; there is no way to correct them.

Milo_MacLeodLEVEL 70

Reply by Milo_MacLeodGOLD +2

I think it's a doable request to have a button to change your personal CS upload list from chronological to alphabetical. I would be in favor of that

Milo_MacLeodLEVEL 70

I would be in favor of removing the user percentage rating completely, although I respect the right of SS to gather any information they deem useful to them.

Milo_MacLeodLEVEL 70

I think of the scrolling lyrics as a help. I do not rely on them for musical notation or timing or performance technique. It's nice when the lyrics are centered in the screen while you are singing familiar passages, but I still muddle through alright even when the scrolling is off and give the creator a thumbs up when prompted to give a rating

Milo_MacLeodLEVEL 70

I love to duet. Color coding seems unnecessary to me. If it's helpful to others, then who am I to require or forbid? It's like blue, pink or yellow baby clothes. If I am the baby, then just let me sing. I can dress myself!

Milo_MacLeodLEVEL 70

As far as cutting and pasting while creating the lyrics sheet, I do that off site and just paste the finished product into the Lyrics Box. If there are mistakes, the directions warn that you may have to start over and lose your timing in the process. It's best not to get ahead of yourself, therefore.

MikeIIILEVEL 105

Reply by MikeIIIGOLD

*Pray for California fire/Anchorage quake victims*Great week to all*1,797 songs uploaded *

Carrying forward.

MikeIIILEVEL 105

Reply by MikeIIIGOLD

Carrying forward.