SingSnap Beta - Bugs & Feedback!

This topic is listed in General Discussion. It has been viewed 18,347 times and 821 replies have been made.

Next >>
NovellaLEVEL 111

Edited post by NovellaSNAP-STAR +50

We're Working Towards Greatness!

While our end goal is perfection - SingSnap Beta is a very early product and we know there are bugs and limitations. We're opening this to our members to gather feedback that will help steer our continuing development and ensure the best outcome that satisfies as many members as possible!

Community feedback has always been, and will continue to be, invaluable. Thank-You for taking the time to check out the website and offer your insight! Once you've had a chance to explore, please report any feedback, suggestions and bugs right here in this thread.

*** We do ask that you please limit all discussions to only Bugs and Feedback so staff can more efficiently and effectively locate the posts that help us fix and build the best SingSnap! ***

If you are reporting a bug please include the following information about your computer as it will help us determine how performance may factor in.

Operating System:
Computer Brand/Model (if available):
Browser:
Overview of Bug / Feedback:
Error Messages Received:

Thank You, Happy Singing and Exploring!

MikeIIILEVEL 109

Edited reply by MikeIIISNAP-STAR

* Rest in Peace Dansolman,SDingus,Kazloumy,Chastamae,262,446+COVID19 victims *2,941 songs uploaded

A visual shock to see the desktop beta version as compared to the legacy look. Although I had been using the IOS/Android App for some time now, I was hoping that the legacy version would have a warmer look and feel than the app.

I did report a Community Songbook upload issue on the other thread that remains unresolved. The song uploaded quite easily and problem free on the beta site; but upon selection for playback practice or record, it remains stuck at loading on the beta site. On the IOS app, it crashes and closes the app instantly.

The song title is ESTATE by SERGIO CAMMARIERI. If necessary, I can provide the beta URL link for the developers. Or they can just try to open it themselves.

HotRod51LEVEL 44

Edited reply by HotRod51PATRON

Computer:
Alienware 14 laptop
Intel i7 4700MQ CPU
8.0 GB RAM
64-bit operating system, x64 based processor
Operating System:
Windows 10 Home version 1903
Browser:
Chrome Version 84.0.4147.89 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Miscellaneous:
Integrated web cam
Mic: AKG Perception120
Mixer: Macki ProFX8 Running Man 32bit into the PC via USB 2.0 port.
Overview of Bug /Feedback:
When recording..... If I change the pitch either up or down, I get a choppy stuttering sound that seems to be attached musically to the base line of the music. Sometimes this caries over to the mixed recording but most of the time it does not. Also if I change the pitch the mixed and saved song does not sound as good as one that did not have the pitch changed.

Error Message: no error messages.

HotRod51LEVEL 44

Computer:
Alienware 14 laptop
Intel i7 4700MQ CPU
8.0 GB RAM
Operating System:
Browser:
Miscellaneous:
Integrated web cam
Feedback.... I would like to see "word wrap" turned on in the "My Songs Comment" and the viewers comments windows. Edit buttons would also be very handy for those windows.

Error Message: No Error messages

HotRod51LEVEL 44

Computer:
Alienware 14 laptop
Intel i7 4700MQ CPU
8.0 GB RAM
Operating System:
Browser:
Miscellaneous:
Integrated web cam

I would also like to see the text over all everywhere a little larger and if a solid white background is going to be used, maybe try a different font and much more contrast. Like black letters... bold black letters. and also brighten up many of the icons that appear throughout the site.

Here is a thought. Everyone has personal preferences or needs when it comes to viewing things on a pc. Would it be possible to give us some options in settings for how we view the meat and potatoes of this site overall? Or possibly a hand full of "themes" that we could choose from? Something similar to what we can do already with our pcs?

Error Message: no error messages

HotRod51LEVEL 44

Computer:
Alienware 14 laptop
Intel i7 4700MQ CPU
8.0 GB RAM
Operating System:
Browser:
Miscellaneous:
Integrated web cam
Possible Bug, When I am not satisfied with my recording I click on the try again button. I have found that doing so brings my volume slider settings from the first attempt at recording that I made. Here is what I mean.. I mix the first recording, set my voice volume slider to 2 ( this is done when attempting to mix). When I "try Again" the recorder keeps my volume slider at 2. However, the actual volume is back up to around 5 by comparison. Now when I mix the second recording I can not get my volume down where I want it because it is already on 2. I hope that makes sense?

Error Message: No Error Messages

HotRod51LEVEL 44

Reply by HotRod51PATRON

Computer:
Alienware 14 laptop
Intel i7 4700MQ CPU
8.0 GB RAM
Operating System:
Browser:
Miscellaneous:
Integrated web cam
Mixer: Macki ProFX8 Running Man 32bit into the PC via USB3.0 port.
Song recorder "Back" button. I will start with an example of the issue. I want to record "Long Black Train." I search the song and I have 5 songs to choose from. I select the first one and give it a listen. For whatever reason it is not the version I want so, I click the "Back" button in the recorder screen. Instead of taking me back to the 5 songs I searched it takes me back to the first window in the sing tab. I now have to go to the search bar and type in the song again. 5 songs come up and I try the second song. Rinse and repeat this process until I find the song version I want. Its a bit cumbersome. Can you make it so that the recorder "back" button only takes you back one screen instead of starting all over?

Error Message: No error messages

singingsister57LEVEL 105

Reply by singingsister57SNAP-STAR +4

Home and on the mend! Thank you ALL for you love and prayers!

Windows 7 ProChrome Version 84.0.4147.89 Friend Built ComputerNo Error Messages
I sent this in a private message to Rob thinking that it doesn't have to do with Beta. But the more Ithink about it, it might. Several days ago, I was on my phone. I was going to listen to some friends. I wasn't on the app. Just Legacy on my phone. I always stay signed in, but sometimes it logs me off.That's fine. But when I clicked to "Log in to an existing account," it sent me directly to the Androidapp. At least I thought it was the app and not Beta. Beta doesn't fit as well on the phone as the Android app
Here's the thing that makes me wonder if it's the app or Beta I was re-directed to....and why. I have mentioned on this board that none of my inbox messages have made it over from Legacy since Beta was launched. When I click on the envelope icon, the inbox just keeps trying to load, but never does. I have my sent messages, but clicking on the sent message doesn't display the conversation I had been having with that person so that I can see any messages they have sent me. I have to go to Legacy to communicate with folks and it has to be on my computer since 1. I can't sign into Legacy on my phone and 2. I'm re-directed to the Android app (Or Beta...not sure which) and neither one of those are showing my inbox messages!
I am also not sure if I'm re-directed to the Android app or Beta on my phone because I was always able to communicate on the Android app and had all of my messages. Now, whatever it is I'm in has no inbox messages. It's not crucial, but if something happened to my computer, I wouldn't be able to communicate to SS members at all on my phone unless it was just sending a message on their songs. LOL

Bucks_FizzLEVEL 110

Reply by Bucks_FizzGOLD

Thanks for the coloured name :)

Operating System: Windows 10
Computer Brand/Model (if available): Acer - Aspire C24-960
Browser: Edge

I'm still continuing to look around the new site. So I've noticed that when you view a recording for some reason there is "what's next" on the page . Why do we need that there? I want to decide who I listen to. I don't want suggestions. If I want suggestions I would prefer to go to a separate page as we do on legacy i.e "watch & listen". It's not appropriate to have it displayed while you are watching another members recording or even your own recording for that matter.

XtineLEVEL 68

Reply by XtineGOLD

Computer: Dell Inspiron Laptop
Browser: Chrome
No Error Message

Over the last couple of days, I've managed to load and record on the beta player and I'm very happy about this but like a lot of people, I'm having major synching issues. I understand that this is currently being addressed but I am wondering if any adjustment is going to be made to the player, which will allow the recording to keep playing without stopping whilst synching? Between the obvious synch issues and this particular problem, I'm finding it virtually impossible to record a song on Beta that I would make public. Thanks.

singingsister57LEVEL 105

Edited reply by singingsister57SNAP-STAR +4

Windows 7 Pro
Friend Built Computer
Chrome
No Error Message

I am agreeing with Xtine above that the sync issue has been getting worse, at least for me. I remixed one song 8 times and spent close to two hours on it, give or take. This is what is strange. EVERY TIME I synced it, it was perfectly in sync when it went to be mixed/saved. My voice was always ahead of the music when I listened to the saved recording.

What made it really puzzling was that each time I came back to remix, the numbers were the same as the in-sync preview before sending it to be mixed, but now the preview was out of sync, too!

Each time I remixed, the preview was perfectly in sync and each time the saved recording was out of sync. Each time when I went back to remix, the numbers were the same as I had left them before saving, but now the recording wasn't in sync and I had to move them again. The range of numbers were from -300 something to -800 something! Each of those gave me a perfectly synced preview! How could that be? But, again, each one was out of sync when saved. AND that saved recording was out of sync in just about the same way...in the same places. It's almost like the mixer did nothing to the recording but keep the same out-of-sync recording as it's first trip to the mixer.

I know this all sounds confusing and it would be better if someone could see what I did for those two hours and what the outcomes were. The next song I did was doing the same thing, so I only tried two remixes. Not worth spending so much time on it.

Between having to fiddle with the recorder not recognizing my ManyCam and then the sync, I'm plum tuckered out! LOL!

Anna-ReaLEVEL 101

Reply by Anna-ReaGOLD

Catch me in Paltalk Singsnap Chat or ZamTalk chat Both great places to sing and meet with friends

PC Hp desktop
Browse : Firefox

No error message ( today )

Beta is not recognizing my mic , or the system is just not letting me record , not sure which. Before today is was just spinning . ( Mic is a Neewer 800 )

Inbox is now empty , no messages at all , whereas a few days ago there were hundreds that were long deleted , as in years ago. Photos in beta are not going to recipient , when I sent a photo to someone on Legacy as a test they didn't go though , and couldn't be seen when logging into Beta.

Playlists are not there .

When trying to record , words were not synching with music .

This is as far as I got today , my head is spinning from Beta . I don't mind a challenge but dang ...

POPOLOCO54LEVEL 88

Reply by POPOLOCO54GOLD

27July2020
Hello,
I was unable to login at the BETA site. It wouldn't
take my username and or password, which works perfectly
fine on the old SS site.
COMPUTER: HP MODEL 870-244
BROWSER:GOOGLE CHROME
I would appreciate any guidance that will
assist me in overcoming this glitch.
Thanks!
POPOLOCO54 aka Paul

CountryGirl530LEVEL 77

Reply by CountryGirl530GOLD

Hi guys

This is the second night that Beta won't load songs for me. It just keeps a spinning.

I have a HP Pavilion
Browser is Edge....It has let me in before and I have recorded before.

Anything else you need from me, let me know.

Pat

AaronStamp

Edited reply by AaronStampPATRON +2

I spent time practicing on Beta last night .. had the same issues as mentioned above .. syncing was very trying!

Dell all in one .. Chrome ..

I did 2 practice videos .. Very Poor Quality.
I thought it might be the camera on the PC so I tried through ManyCam but it looked exactly the same .. grainy .. color was very dull & couldn't see myself very well.

I figured out why my voice wasn't recording very loud 3 o 4 days ago .. I had to go into settings & raise boost up to 30.
Could never have it above 10 for recording on Legacy.

I spent well over 2 hrs trying to sync the video recordings.
Both ended at 1000 ..
I will play some more with 'em later today & see where it gets me.

On the second recording the music cut in & out while recording.

And I really don't like the way the words flow for recording .. & not just because of misspellings.

I was practicing a song that I knew, so it wasn't a major issue .. but on songs not known it could be.
I would like to have the words changing color as we sing .. as in Legacy.

Tested a voice only recording .. sync was at 230 .. played with it but couldn't get it to land exact.

Oh .. the sound on all 3 wasn't as good & clear as my first practice 3 o 4 days ago.

I really like the sound, on Beta, of some of my previous recordings on Legacy.
.-.-.-.-.

I expect that the layout & color of the pages & words will be different in the final outcome.
Very difficult to see & read.

And then add to that the fact that there is so very much on a page ..kinda all crammed together.. it just kinda "slaps ya" & is Way Too Uncomfortable to stay there.

People with anxiety issues will have a real problem with it.

I agree with others who have mentioned the pics of artist being a distraction & the fact that you can't read the full title of songs .. at a glance.
.-.-.-.-.

I am Very Excited about our new SS .. & believe that it's all going to come together Just Right!

¡¡¡Many thanks to all of you who are working so Very Hard on all of this for us!!!

sweetsuejustyouLEVEL 85

Reply by sweetsuejustyouGOLD

On HP laptop 15-AC115TU, Windows 10 Home 64-bit, Firefox Browser:

Tried to record "L-O-V-E" by Nat King Cole, would not sync properly either way - went all the way to -1000 which I have found out is the maximum limit on the left (I assume it would be the same on the right). Ended up recording the song on Legacy.

I installed Splitcam as per plsx88's instruction video, recorder would not recognise the image on screen and gave error message , can't recall the exact words, but it would be somewhere along the lines of not accepting the cam and microphone. Subsequently uninstalled Splitcam

Managed to do third recording on Beta today but not after multiple attempts - at one point during preview while trying to sync the entire screen froze and I had to re-record.
Question re recordings done on Beta which show up on Legacy: If I remix it on Beta, will the changes be reflected on Legacy or stay the same as when it first showed up on the latter?

sweetsuejustyouLEVEL 85

Edited reply by sweetsuejustyouGOLD

Also video is very fuzzy whether on external or internal cam.

NovellaLEVEL 111

Edited reply by NovellaSNAP-STAR +50

Please Note: The only messages that should be posted on this thread are specific bugs/feedback. Following the format outlined in the original post. So if I delete your message, don't take it personally I am just making sure this thread remains clean and clear for Bugs and Feedback!

Thanks Everyone!

YellowRose-MrBearLEVEL 62

Edited reply by YellowRose-MrBearGOLD

Feedback: if the lyrics can't be added on the play back, perhaps a small link button to pop up the lyrics to the side of the recorder.
Sync'ng is still a major problem. Seems like the lag difference between internet connections and the server stutter the recording and lag it in some spots. I've noticed the speed of which the music plays... in playback (after saving) it speeds up in some spots. It is noticeable when the vocals are also sped up. It's not constant, it's in waves.
Win 7 64Pro Hp desktop, onboard video/sound card.
Intel 2Duo core, 3.0 Ghz
6G ram
Firefox
external mixer attached line in.

singingsister57LEVEL 105

Windows 7 Pro
Chrome/Firefox/EdgeFriend
Built Computer
No error messages

I have mention to some that the way songs are displayed after clicking "see more" in Beta under the "Sing" tab seems to be different in different browsers. The sections that have only one column down the left with the microphone icon for each song the whole way to the right of the page are very difficult to view because it involves LOTS of scrolling to browse through all the songs. I'm pretty sure that those are not supposed to be displaying like that when other sections on different browsers have three or four columns on the page making it easier to see many more song choices at ones. From what I can see, Edge seems to be the only one that has all sections displayed properly.Of course, this is not a critical issue, but it sure would make it a lot easier to see the songs if there was more than one column displaying.

This is what I mean by only having two columns in a section.

This is what I found in each section in each of three browsers.

DavcoLEVEL 71

Edited reply by DavcoGOLD

I'll Be Doggone......r/b999ccb11

Computer Brand/Model (if available): HP Laptop (at the moment)
Browser: Firefox
Overview of Bug / Feedback: Avatar/Picture reverting back to original
Error Messages Received: None

When editing recording info on Beta....changing the avatar on the recording and saving, then revisiting the list of recordings later on, it has reverted back to the original.
Legacy not updating the avatar as well.
Recording reference: "Long As I Live"
Also the scroll bar for the recordings list is not appearing at times. If I click on the middle of one of the recordings (not on hyper text), then use the down arrow on the keyboard to try to move down the scrolling...it starts scrolling and presto ! ....The scroll bar appears to the side of the listing.

KaraoKate

Reply by KaraoKateGOLD

Operating System: Windows 10Computer Brand/Model (if available): HP laptop (six months old)Browser: Firefox, browser and FF updated/currentI also have a Go! Pro external soundcard and use ManyCamOverview of Bug / Feedback:Error Message: NoneI clear cache and cookies, change speakers to Go! Pro and reboot. I change the speakers to Go! Pro, then open Firefox, then Singsnap. I do this every day for my first logon to SS.

****BUG****
Recording:
1. (On Chrome) Favorite Songs: Clicked on a song, clicked practice. Song extremely choppy all the way through. Cleared cache, closed and re-opened Chrome. Clicked Practice - choppy gone, but lyrics way out of sync with music :(, lyric spacing also way off - ex: CATC H YOU R EYES, NOW ISTAND HERE, H ELPLESSLY. (not yelling, it seems caps show the spacing issues better)
Clicked Record - Took 15 secs (counter) to start, lyrics started moving before actual singing should start, then jumped around...can't follow it
Wasn't easy, but I left the word-wrap as is..lol

singingsister57LEVEL 105

Windows 7 Pro
Friend Built Computer
Chrome
Error Message Below Only Displays in Beta

I got this error message when I tried to edit a post on the message board earlier. It was one message and I had to keep scrolling to get the whole thing in screen shots. I'm sure programmers must know what it means. LOL

[img code=show]https://singsnap.imgix.net/message-board/threads/JFJZ/82f3701768_NAIE_media.jpeg"> 2 3

The pictures only display in Beta.

LaciLEVEL 109

Reply by LaciSNAP-STAR

Love is simply joy that I'm home...

Operating System: Windows 7
Computer Brand/Model (if available): Gateway
Overview of Bug / Feedback: When I'm trying to delete a song from my list of favourites, nothing happens. The song remains.

williamm4896LEVEL 52

Reply by williamm4896GOLD

mac 2019 chrome. latest software..
some of my songs do not play on the player, they are just blank??

YellowRose-MrBearLEVEL 62

Reply by YellowRose-MrBearGOLD

Win 7 64Pro Hp desktop3.0 Ghz6 G ramOnboard graphic and sound cardExternal Mixer hooked line in.Shure PG58 micFirefox
Bug when setting sync/timing and Saving it. in Playback the timing is off, I go to remix and the timing has jumped from -100 to -200 from the original saved timing of -80 (-80 seems to be the setting that works for my cp set up) Once remixed at the -80 it is fine in playback. problem is it should have saved at the setting I had it set to in mixer prior to saving the recording. I hit the check mark 3 times to make sure... but it didn't save those setting.
Bug 2 -CPU process shows Extreme usage for the recorder. here is my taskmanager, as you can see I only have 37 processes running. Compared to others who have around 50 to 60 processes running. I have enough ram to support this set up and processor speeds but it's eating the cp big time! To the point it will either lock up the cp or crash it. I haven't had that happen yet but it is a possibility that may happen to others Here's a pic. P.S. Firefox does not auto update. I self update so it isn't FF doing this.

[img]http://singsnap.imgix.net/message-board/threads/NK6W/d779214e90_KL7W_media.png[/img]

LaciLEVEL 109

Reply by LaciSNAP-STAR

Love is simply joy that I'm home...

Operating System: Windows 7
Computer Brand/Model (if available): Gateway
Overview of Bug / Feedback: When I'm trying to enter information in the profile area (I hit the pencil and typed in the bio info), I hit save and nothing happens. It won't save.

DaveHallLEVEL 43

Reply by DaveHallGOLD

Computer: No name
Prozessor: Amd Phenom (tm) II X4 940
System 64 Bit
Windows 10 Home

Ater recording (today) my voice is slightly slower than the music track.
I don't mean the timing, it's as though it has been slowed down in the processing.

NovellaLEVEL 111

Reply by NovellaSNAP-STAR +50

Please Note: The only messages that should be posted on this thread are specific bugs/feedback. Following the format outlined in the original post. So if I delete your message, don't take it personally I am just making sure this thread remains clean and clear for Bugs and Feedback!

Thanks Everyone!

NovellaLEVEL 111

Reply by NovellaSNAP-STAR +50

27July2020
Hello,
I was unable to login at the BETA site. It wouldn't
take my username and or password, which works perfectly
fine on the old SS site.
COMPUTER: HP MODEL 870-244
BROWSER:GOOGLE CHROME
I would appreciate any guidance that will
assist me in overcoming this glitch.
Thanks!
POPOLOCO54 aka PaulPOPOLOCO54

- Password Login Issue - Updating your password on Legacy will allow you to login to Beta with your new login and password. When changing your password, you can use the same password you currently have.

Sandy-LyLa

Reply by Sandy-LyLaGOLD +2

Computer operating on Windows7 an Acer HDMI. using Chrome
When I try Beta I sound worse than a chipmunk, then when I went to legacy it was the same. When I try on laptop using windows 10 the voice is ok but the music sounds like a double track.
http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/r/c6b00bba9

The system is not user friendly, hope you get things working or people will be leaving.

sweetvoice36

Reply by sweetvoice36GOLD

Acer laptop
Windows 10
Browser: Modzilla Firefox

I try to sing a song every day, but most of the time I need to put it back private, cos it's way out of sync in legacy!!!! IN Beta it's okay....

When I try a song, and I have to restart the music is stuttering and gives lots of distortion...
When I try another song, the lyrics of the first song still shows!

The webcam ( logitec) in not clear at all!!!!

I don't like the white lyrics. I have a white cupboard behind me, so it's very hard to see them! Lyrics show of just a bit too late....

I don't like the lay out.... All those pictures of people and artist are overflowing and gives unrest in my opinion....

I can't find my favorites on an easy way!

Sound quality is very good!

Linda

artzluv2sing

Edited reply by artzluv2singGOLD

Posting on Legacy

Today I got on my 5 1/2 x 8 inch Samsung tablet. I am kind of a layout person - just so you know. hahahaha --- Though I am sure Snap prefers people to use the apps on smaller devices, I feel the website should work universally across all browsers and size of device / comps.

Okay first issue I see is........ Main Navigation disappearing on narrow screen, with no HOME to be able to get to the landing page from anywhere you might be.

Can you tuck this next to or underneath the Snap logo, like you did for profile / accounts etc. yet in a responsive format? ---- The issue being - you also loose the Snap Store in the smaller screens, which of course, will people guessing as to where to buy gold membership and other things.

Looks like a computer if the tablet is set horizonally.

Loose ALL top bar main navigation if set vertically under 7 to 8 inches (tested on none max set web browser).

This is critical I think... more to come

artzluv2sing

Edited reply by artzluv2singGOLD

Posting on Legacy

Again no top bar navigation to get you back under 7 to 8 inces. In the Recorder area
The recorder just sits and spins in the Samsung tablet, I would use the app to record, but if you offer it on a web-browser it is crucial to either have it work in this method or notify smaller devices users they should use the app on the screen. Not sure if you can set a Notification in place of the recorder with links to the app store via recognizing the device's OP.

wolfendaleLEVEL 89

Reply by wolfendaleSNAP-STAR

I have had nixed luck with the quality of the music. one time its perfect, tthen another song will have a terrible echo effect while my singing is not affected. Yes I am using headphones so it is not an echo from my speakers. If you want to listen, my recording of "here comes those tears again is perfect, but my recording of miracle out of nowhere is an echoey mess

Next >>