This topic is listed in Recording Help & Tips.
It has been viewed 4,329 times and 28 replies have been made.

singingnurse

Post by singingnurseGOLD

I have an IPad that I'm taking on a trip; don't have a laptop. I can access message boards, private messages, comments, etc on Singsnap, but I can't access songs to listen to or record. Does anybody know if there is something I can do to fix that on my IPad?

barrybailey40

Reply by barrybailey40

I'm not very familiar with the IPAD,but I do know that you need the adobe flash player plug in to play or record.
After doing a little research,I found this article explaining why Apple doesn't include the adobe flash player for it's portable devices such as iPhone,iPad and iPod
Here is an article you may find interesting about Apple and adobe flash
http://www.apple.com/hotnews/thoughts-on-flash/

singingnurse

Reply by singingnurseGOLD

Thank you, Barry! Is Adobe FLash the only player compatible w/Singsnap?

k2501961

Reply by k2501961GOLD

Thank you so much Fawn!!! r/b5a9c89a3

Hi Nancy,

That's correct, Adobe Flash is the media platform necessary for Snap to work (as well as YouTube and other media sites).

In a nutshell - Adobe Flash is a direct competitor to iTunes and that is the primary reason why Apple does not support Adobe Flash.

It's also the same reason why Snap won't work with iPhones and as Adobe Flash Lite is rolled out onto Android and other Smart Phones, hopefully it will (I most certainly hope so)

Hope the helps.

~ Chris

Thank you, Barry! Is Adobe FLash the only player compatible w/Singsnap?singingnurse

singingnurse

Thank you, Chris. Oh, well, it was worth a try. I appreciate the answers!!

ELVIS_USA

Reply by ELVIS_USAGOLD

*elvis_usa*sings*confederate railroad*"queen of memphis" r/b3abd2fd8

my phone is the HTC dash 3g and the first thing i did was test it to see if it woud load singsnap...lol loaded like a charm AFTER THAT LOOKED AT THE SALES MAN AND SAID "LETS DO THIS"....lol

ELVIS_USA

Reply by ELVIS_USAGOLD

*elvis_usa*sings*confederate railroad*"queen of memphis" r/b3abd2fd8

here it is awesome phone http://www.omnitechnews.net/2009/07/12/

singingnurse

Sooo, I heard that Apple has made up with Adobe and that soon we IPAD owners will be able to use Adobe Flash Player on the IPAD! Anybody know about when this might be possible?

barrybailey40

Reply by barrybailey40

Sooo, I heard that Apple has made up with Adobe and that soon we IPAD owners will be able to use Adobe Flash Player on the IPAD! Anybody know about when this might be possible?singingnurse

This is good news for the Ipad users,but this is the first I have heard about it myself

Lise1755

Reply by Lise1755

I'm not sure, but I think the I pad is kinda of the same thing as a mobile phone, flash player don't work on it.

k2501961

Edited reply by k2501961GOLD

Adobe submitted the Flash application for use on the iPad and iPhone but Apple has not accepted it and probably for the reasons I've mentioned previously.

However Apple is now under investigation by the FTC and the European Union for Apple's decision to ban developers from using other companies' tools to develop software for its mobile devices.

See:

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/business/eu_ftc_probing_apple_policies_oMCMaVHb9hMMgoyErHK2kK

~ Chris

BassGirlY2K

Edited reply by BassGirlY2K

I've got the HTC EVO (android) which runs Flash. Unfortunately, I can't give SS access to the cam or Mic.

Bummer!

Anyone find/know a way around this?

singingnurse

We have a vacation home in FL, and go there for a month at a time, and so far we have PC's here at home and an IPAD for travel. The IPAD is great for surfing the net, reading ibooks, reading books on Kindle for IPAD, and navigating through unfamiliar streets with the GPS. It works on the 3-G network as well as Wi-Fi, so you can use it in the car on trips. But I'm considering getting a laptop now so that I can access SS and sing and listen when I'm away from home. It's looking like the IPAD isn't going to be SS friendly any time soon.

k2501961

Reply by k2501961GOLD

It's sad Steve Jobs doesn't feel Adobe Flash is a stable enough platform for Apple products. IMHO Eventually he may have to incorporate it as revenue-generating applications utilizing Flash will compel him to incorporate it.

~ Chris

We have a vacation home in FL, and go there for a month at a time, and so far we have PC's here at home and an IPAD for travel. The IPAD is great for surfing the net, reading ibooks, reading books on Kindle for IPAD, and navigating through unfamiliar streets with the GPS. It works on the 3-G network as well as Wi-Fi, so you can use it in the car on trips. But I'm considering getting a laptop now so that I can access SS and sing and listen when I'm away from home. It's looking like the IPAD isn't going to be SS friendly any time soon.singingnurse

singing_nanna

Reply by singing_nannaGOLD

I hope they will find a way ss will work on Ipad 2 so many people has them now....we can watch youtube....

styloid

Edited reply by styloidGOLD

The reason(s) that Apple don't support Flash on the iPhone or the iPad is because

1. Flash drains the battery very quickly (it has poor efficiency)
2. Flash has a poor security track record
3. Flash is proprietary
4. HTML 5 is the future.

Latest news from Adobe is that they are winding down Flash on mobile devices.

I would have liked to have seen the programmers at SS to have taken the opportunity to write the new Recorder in HTML5. It still sounds like crap to my ears, but that may not be due to flash.

k2501961

Reply by k2501961GOLD

HTML5 is still not mature at this point. I think Adobe Flash is seeing the last of it's days but until a better alternative is commonly available or HTML5 is fully developed I don't see much change or abandonment of Adobe Flash, probably for at least the next 5-10 years.

Seeing that HTML5 audio/video is based on CSS (Cascade Style Sheets) the potential hardware requirements to run it may actually end up being greater than the requirements currently needed for Flash. Going to members recordings on this website using CSS should demonstrate that, sluggish response in the browsers with various levels of responsiveness depending upon efficiency in the CSS coding.

HTML5 is also going to be dependent upon the CODECS used in the machine and that varies widely depending upon sound card manufacturer.

My opinions.

~ Chris

singingnurse

Edited reply by singingnurseGOLD

My husband uses the IPad for reading and surfing the net, and I bought an HP Mini netbook and love it. I use it for singing on Singsnap when I'm away from home now, and it works great! The microphone in it is excellent; I don't even need to attach one. So, as far as I'm concerned, problem solved.

_Cathy_

Reply by _Cathy_COMMUNITY-ADMIN

I use a blackberry playbook and it works fine for recording

Angeleyes36

Reply by Angeleyes36

Thanxs guys found your comments helpful has I got singsnap on my ipad2 and can not listen or record songs

I do have have laptop pc and iPhone 4s so me not going give up lol

StarMan2010

Edited reply by StarMan2010

Sooo, I heard that Apple has made up with Adobe and that soon we IPAD owners will be able to use Adobe Flash Player on the IPAD! Anybody know about when this might be possible?singingnurse

This was written in 2010...2 years later and no use of adobe flash player on ipad 2. I know it will never happen but tablets are becoming more popular so I'm hoping a solution to this comes forth soon...

k2501961

Reply by k2501961GOLD

Sean,

The problem is not with SingSnap - the problem is with Apple and Adobe - Apple does not want Flash Player to be used with their product at all - it is their opinion other technologies are superior, more stable and more secure than Flash.

The best advice I can give is to put in a suggestion with SingSnap to develop alternative methods of delivering content on these devices:

http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/member/singsnap_feedback#suggestions

~ Chris

This was written in 2010...2 years later and no use of adobe flash player on ipad 2. I know it will never happen but tablets are becoming more popular so I'm hoping a solution to this comes forth soon... StarMan2010

glorysaints

Reply by glorysaintsSNAP-STAR

I GOT SAMSUNG GALAXY TABLET I CAN LISTEN TO SONGS OF MEMBERS BUT I CANNOT RECORD THE RECORD PLAYER DON'T WORK JUST KEEP ON SAYING PREPARING THE RECORD PLAYER AND

EVEN THE SET UP WIZARD ARE NOT WORKING TOO IT JUST SAY WHEN CLICK PROCEED. ... "TEXT" AND IF CLICKED IT NOTHING IS HAPPENING

I TRIED TO RECORD ON THE ORIGINAL RECORDING THE MUSIC IS PLAYING BUT WHEN PREVIEWED THE RECORDING THE SLIDER IS STEADY NOT PLAYING THE RECORDED SONG FOR PREVIEW... CAN SING BUT THE RECORDER NOT WORKING ON PREVIEW TO SAVE THE SONG

THE NEW RECORDER NOT WORKING TOTALLY... THE OLD RECORDER CAN RECORD SONG BUT NOT WORKING ON PREVIEW TO SAVE THE SONG

k2501961

Reply by k2501961GOLD

See if this Adobe thread and the threads in the answer helps you:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4449170

~ Chris

I GOT SAMSUNG GALAXY TABLET I CAN LISTEN TO SONGS OF MEMBERS BUT I CANNOT RECORD THE RECORD PLAYER DON'T WORK JUST KEEP ON SAYING PREPARING THE RECORD PLAYER AND

EVEN THE SET UP WIZARD ARE NOT WORKING TOO IT JUST SAY WHEN CLICK PROCEED. ... "TEXT" AND IF CLICKED IT NOTHING IS HAPPENING

I TRIED TO RECORD ON THE ORIGINAL RECORDING THE MUSIC IS PLAYING BUT WHEN PREVIEWED THE RECORDING THE SLIDER IS STEADY NOT PLAYING THE RECORDED SONG FOR PREVIEW... CAN SING BUT THE RECORDER NOT WORKING ON PREVIEW TO SAVE THE SONG

THE NEW RECORDER NOT WORKING TOTALLY... THE OLD RECORDER CAN RECORD SONG BUT NOT WORKING ON PREVIEW TO SAVE THE SONG
glorysaints

Draymax

Reply by DraymaxGOLD

I have an iPad which allows me to listen to SS recordings but it won't let me record. At least now I can do my listens while lying down (I have a bad back and can't sit long at my desktop Mac) to do any recordings though I have to use my desktop. I was hoping to use the iPad to do some more inventive, get outta the house video's. I suppose what I would have to do is pre-record my song, then using the video feature, lip synch to myself. Then take the memory card out and plug into my computer and then try to through Camtwist or Manycam.
All this tech stuff hurts my head... I just wanna sing and make video's. When I win the lottery I guess I'll just have to hire a film crew!!! LOL. Even trying to understand what you folks are all talking about on this thread and the mixer thread has just made my head spin.
I know I am in the wrong room, but you folks are all the same as in the mixer room, and Barry you said that there was no mixer that you know of that you can plug a USB mic into? I have the Yeti mike which I quite like, but if I get a mixer then that means my Yeti is useless?
Also has anyone have an opinions on Boss VE20 vocal effects processor? I'd like to see if anyone has any feedback on that product before I shell out the cash for that.
Thanks to all the support folks here, I'm sure you are genius' and from the return comments you seem to be helping out a lot of folks. I just wish I was more tech savvy, but turning on the computer is about the extent of my Techno-savy!!
Cheers everyone and Good Job!!!!

barrybailey40

Reply by barrybailey40

Hi Draymax
Yes,unfortunetly,it is true.....There isn't a mixer on the market that will allow you to use a USB microphone,to my knowledge

AS far as the boss VE20 vocal effects processor...I have a Boss SE50 stereo effects processor,it has alot of different settings and is very versatile when using for recording...Only thing is...If you are not that "Tech Savvy" you may have a hard time using this item to the best of it's abilities.It has taken me many hours to figure out how to use it,and rarely ever do,since I purchased my mixer with Built-in effects
--Barry--

Vistadeck

Edited reply by VistadeckGOLD

Lol nm me I'm reading more and getting my q's answered, looking for a phone or tablet for SS and hopefully one I can record on, I see lots of posts thnks everyone for all these active posts I should find my answers.

naynay1267

Reply by naynay1267GOLD

Okay what about a kindle fire...I know you cant record yourself but I have a radio in my kitchen and its hooked up to a karaoke machine and I can plug my kindle fire up to it and have one hell of a karaoke system but now its not working I'm wondering if I hit a wrong button or touched something I shouldn't have...any advice on how to get the song to pop up and play so my family and I can just sing along/live karaoke?

Per

Edited reply by PerSTAFF

Okay what about a kindle fire...I know you cant record yourself but I have a radio in my kitchen and its hooked up to a karaoke machine and I can plug my kindle fire up to it and have one hell of a karaoke system but now its not working I'm wondering if I hit a wrong button or touched something I shouldn't have...any advice on how to get the song to pop up and play so my family and I can just sing along/live karaoke?naynay1267

I'll look into this.

In the meantime please confirm that you have Flash activated:

- Go to homepage.
- Tap WEB.
- Tap the bottom of the screen.
- Tap Menu - square with horizontal lines.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap the arrow next to Enable Flash and select "Always On".

Topic Closed
This topic has been closed and will not receive any new replies.