People looking for sponsers :)

This topic is listed in General Discussion.
It has been viewed 49,603 times and 1,278 replies have been made.

Previous Next
Trace

Reply by TraceGOLD

I know people that have sponsored anonymouslyMandy

how do you do that then?

Mandy

Reply by MandyPATRON

I have no idea how they did it, but they did! Ask Denise, she still doesn't know to my knowledge, who sponsored her!

Trace

Reply by TraceGOLD

oh yeah! i remember Denise!

the_pretender

Reply by the_pretender

maybe you never receive an email if you turned off your email notifications....

karaokegod73

Reply by karaokegod73PATRON

Well that could very likely be because the person who was sponsored had their e-mail filtered. I use a Yahoo mail address for my account and a small percentage of the e-mails from when I get comments/PM/etc. do go in the bulk folder. It just randomly tosses them in the junk pile, or not.

Trace

Reply by TraceGOLD

maybe you never receive an email if you turned off your email notifications....the_pretender

oh yeah....that could be the case..

PlusSizeParisHilton

Reply by PlusSizeParisHilton

That is why I think the Subscription Prescription is a good idea...so then those that are blue are able to try and win gold memberships. I know some of the contests I am judging that I will probably buy 1 month gold for the winners. In the near future I would like to sponser someone for a year......but it will probably be a good friend of mine or something like that.

Good luck to those that are on here trying to get sponsered...i see a few of you already are

Mandy

Edited reply by MandyPATRON

Well that could very likely be because the person who was sponsored had their e-mail filtered. I use a Yahoo mail address for my account and a small percentage of the e-mails from when I get comments/PM/etc. do go in the bulk folder. It just randomly tosses them in the junk pile, or not.karaokegod73

No I know who sponsored her, and they got it done so that it was anonymous. I guess they contacted staff or something first to ask them to do it that way.

StacieMull

Reply by StacieMull

I don't know who did it, but I came back from studying a song I would like to do, to find that I had been sponsored. It made me cry! Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart for your generosity. Bless you!

babycakes123

Reply by babycakes123

StacieMull, I went into my account and I can't find who sponsored me..... Thank you to whoever you are.....You are truly blesssed person...

StacieMull

Reply by StacieMull

I wouldn't be in your account. It would be in the email that you got from them if you have your email notifications turned on. If you don't, then you will never know unless they tell you.

LyriXinger

Edited reply by LyriXinger

Sorry edited because I think it's in the wrong thread....I will just ask SingSnap!

skypresmommy

Reply by skypresmommy

Same here- I do not know who sponsored me.

To whomever you are- I can not possibly tell you how grateful I am. I will be wearing out gold songs this month and some Martina since I can change the key LOL. It has touched me how kind the people on this site have been not just to me, but to other also who are total strangers. Music is the one universal language that we share and I feel blessed to have found this website!!!

skypresmommy

Reply by skypresmommy

Just because I've acheived gold doesn't mean I've forgotten the others who still need help.

People still needing sponsors:

1. Handmaiden777
2. AmeliaZ

beau99

Reply by beau99

I'd like to be sponsored by someone...

I've been wanting Gold since it was first available, but I literally have no money, and my dad needs to save as much money as possible to pay for his hospital bill.

Terri

Reply by Terri

I was sponsored i'm not ashamed to say.It was a very lovely gift,and I thank this person from the bottom of my heart.What touches me is the ones who sponsor you have no idea who you are(well most anyway)In my case no we do not know each other.In no way is this charity as some people seem to think.It's just a VERY kind gift to someone.Just appreciate it,and have fun singing.God bless..Terri

Dustyjoe

Reply by Dustyjoe

Sponsoring is a great idea, but i am not keen on the idea of threads with people asking to be sponsored. To me it seems like a form of begging. Personally i would make it a site rule not to make threads asking to be sponsored, i just don't think its right.

skypresmommy

Reply by skypresmommy

Just because I've acheived gold doesn't mean I've forgotten the others who still need help.

1. Handmaiden777
2. AmeliaZ
3. beau99

Hillbilly

Edited reply by Hillbilly

I sure could use a sponser. Take a gander at some of my recordings. I may just be a waist of money so take a listen before hand.http://www.singsnap.com/snap/account/recordings

CarrieZohn

Reply by CarrieZohn

Sponsoring is a great idea, but i am not keen on the idea of threads with people asking to be sponsored. To me it seems like a form of begging. Personally i would make it a site rule not to make threads asking to be sponsored, i just don't think its right. Dustyjoe

I don't think it's a bad idea to have people listed who WANT to be sponsored -- primarily because there are some who have made it common knowledge that they DO NOT WANT ANYONE to sponsor them in any way, shape or form. I wouldn't want to buy a gold membership for someone who absolutely DOES NOT want it.

Gregpteam

Reply by Gregpteam

I just want to say that i joined this site because it was originally a free Site. I was under the understanding that like most search engines and websites were free as well due to advertising that is recieved on any site.

I have met many friends on here and really appreciate the comments that are made on my songs. (whether they be good or bad) in all honesty i have no problem with people making negative comments on my songs as well.

I do not have the time to sing as much as i used to on this site but i enjoy singing (whether i am good or bad does not matter) I do not go to karaoke bars but maybe 3 times a year. But this site offers that opportunity to sing other songs and try them so we are not those same people that you can predict the 2 or 3 songs that they will only do at karaoke bars LOL

I guess i dont understand the gold membership aspect of it if advertising is a way to pay for the site. I would personally think that marketing reps would look more toward that than charing $70 a year for a membership. While yes this may be cheaper than purchasing a Karaoke machine and then spending $10. a cd for only one or two songs on that cd that you would sing. The great thing about this site was that it was free and had a variety of songs. I would rather have a shorter list of songs due to those snobbish companies that ban there singers or songs on here because they want to reap some type of benefit from it.

I am not gonna ask for a membership on this site. While it would be nice but this site really should be about the enjoyment of singing and meeting people who enjoy doing the same thing that you do. I truly do enjoy this site and playing around with the music that is provided on here. I think that this site was a great idea and appreciate it. Thank you

luv2sing4eva

Reply by luv2sing4evaGOLD

Sponsoring is a great idea, but i am not keen on the idea of threads with people asking to be sponsored. To me it seems like a form of begging. Personally i would make it a site rule not to make threads asking to be sponsored, i just don't think its right. Dustyjoe

'tis really is no different from the ppl signing up in contests to win gold memberships. it's just in a diff setting. obviously anyone who joins a contest where the prize is a gold membership, is saying...pay for me to be gold....only they are winning it.

so differrent strokes for different folks. it works.

if i was not already sponsoring 3 other ppl at his moment, then i would def buy gold for some of the 3 listed above. especially if their story as to why they can't do it themselves is a heartfelt one.

i'm not saying anyone would lie, but you never know the truth to what their reasons are. you just have to accept in good faith that their reasons stated are in fact the very truth.

also, they don't need to give and explanation. there is a sponsor me button next to every blue members name already.

Hillbilly

Reply by Hillbilly

Where would Nascar be without sponsers????

EYESofBLU45

Reply by EYESofBLU45

well krykies...I'd love to be sponsered...I'm just not so sure all the extras would make a difference in my ability to sing! LMAO

Peanut

Reply by Peanut

agree

BeerStalker

Reply by BeerStalker

We all have wishes and wants. Sponsoring gives one a chance to do something nice for someone. I think it's ok to ask to be sponsored .... this way you know the person really wants it and won't be offended.

Dustyjoe

Reply by Dustyjoe

'tis really is no different from the ppl signing up in contests to win gold memberships. it's just in a diff setting. obviously anyone who joins a contest where the prize is a gold membership, is saying...pay for me to be gold....only they are winning it.

if i was not already sponsoring 3 other ppl at his moment, then i would def buy gold for some of the 3 listed above. especially if their story as to why they can't do it themselves is a heartfelt one.

i'm not saying anyone would lie, but you never know the truth to what their reasons are. you just have to accept in good faith that their reasons stated are in fact the very truth.

also, they don't need to give and explanation. there is a sponsor me button next to every blue members name already.luv2sing4eva

I see it as a big difference, you are entering a competition where there is a prize on offer, you are not asking for anything, you are winning a prize that someone has offered. Like you said there is a sponsor button etc, there is no need for people to beg for a sponsor on a forum.

If someone wants to treat you fine, but saying i can not afford one can someone else pay for me and make threads to that affect, is just wrong in my opinion.

Brenda-Angel

Reply by Brenda-Angel

The extras from the gold are well worth the money. I have tried it for one month for $7.00. That is low priced. I love it, I have a voice that is not balanced on the high side and songs like Loretta Lynn are very hard to sing and some of them I couldn't sing without lowering the pitch. Its a great thing. I love gospel and even some those are hard to get for me on high pitch. Before I had gold, I had to avoid aome of those songs.
I also have a hard time managing because of being on a very limited income. But, singing brings me joy.....so I'm trying to figure it into my budget for this month. Singing everyday strengthens your voice. Bless you all, and to those who do the sponsoring because you made someone happy.

karaokegod73

Reply by karaokegod73PATRON

If someone wants to beg then we should let 'em, it doesn't effect you.

luv2sing4eva

Edited reply by luv2sing4evaGOLD

also, they don't need to give and explanation. there is a sponsor me button next to every blue members name already.luv2sing4eva

I see it as a big difference, you are entering a competition where there is a prize on offer, you are not asking for anything, you are winning a prize that someone has offered. Like you said there is a sponsor button etc, there is no need for people to beg for a sponsor on a forum.

If someone wants to treat you fine, but saying i can not afford one can someone else pay for me and make threads to that affect, is just wrong in my opinion. Dustyjoe

okay. you are entitled to your opinion. i have no problem with that.

i just don't see anything wrong with it.

only as an example here:

churches come to you with a plate/bowl/whatever on sunday to keep them going.
am i wrong?

i don't practice any religion. yet....if my memory serves me correctly, this happens - even in church. nothing wrong with "begging" as one might call it.

StacieMull

Reply by StacieMull

If someone wants to treat you fine, but saying i can not afford one can someone else pay for me and make threads to that affect, is just wrong in my opinion. Dustyjoe

only as an example here:

am i wrong?

i don't practice any religion. yet....if my memory serves me correctly, this happens - even in church. nothing wrong with "begging" as one might call it. luv2sing4eva

Not to mention, there are times that we don't know if there is a need unless it is put out there.......It may not be a need, it may be a desire. To me, what it does show is that there are some unbelievably generous people out there. I know, I for one, am going to "pay it forward" when I have the ability to do it! This is what my higher power would want me to do......

D-Caldwell

Reply by D-Caldwell

jim beam sponsers me every weekend....lol

Dustyjoe

Reply by Dustyjoe

only as an example here:

am i wrong?

i don't practice any religion. yet....if my memory serves me correctly, this happens - even in church. nothing wrong with "begging" as one might call it. luv2sing4eva

Not to mention, there are times that we don't know if there is a need unless it is put out there.......It may not be a need, it may be a desire. To me, what it does show is that there are some unbelievably generous people out there. I know, I for one, am going to "pay it forward" when I have the ability to do it! This is what my higher power would want me to do......StacieMull

Maybe a quote in your song description? If you like my singing and think i am worthy of sponsorship, feel free to sponsor me. There are many ways to ask for it, but using the forum is not the way to go, it is a form of spamming and could get out of control .

luv2sing4eva

Reply by luv2sing4evaGOLD

only as an example here:

am i wrong?

Not to mention, there are times that we don't know if there is a need unless it is put out there.......It may not be a need, it may be a desire. To me, what it does show is that there are some unbelievably generous people out there. I know, I for one, am going to "pay it forward" when I have the ability to do it! This is what my higher power would want me to do......StacieMull

Maybe a quote in your song description? If you like my singing and think i am worthy of sponsorship, feel free to sponsor me. There are many ways to ask for it, but using the forum is not the way to go, it is a form of spamming and could get out of control .Dustyjoe

Then maybe staff can move this to promotions. So that these people may be be promoted to GOLD>

And all other spamming topics like this in the General Discussions Folder.

Or Better yet, Maybe staff can give us each our own "Thread Topic Folder" in the Messageboards.

This is a discussion in "general". It is in the right folder. General Discussions.

I don't believe this topic of choice is in any way upsetting truly upsetting you.

If it were - you wouldn't come back to it. You would comment on the other topics in the General Discussions folder and try to help and bury this one, if you really wanted it to end.

But, You could just skip over it. It does only take up one spot on the General Discussions folder.

In general, these people would like to be sponsored.

Hootmouse

Reply by Hootmouse

WOW such nice people that have sponsored others! When I hit the lottery...I will sponsor me and LOTS of others!! I have noticed other colors...does anyone know which are for what? Red, Green, Gold, Blue...any others? Just curious! Thanks!

Tan

Edited reply by TanGOLD

Red are for staff
green (adminstrators)
purple (contributors)
gold (paid membership)
blue (unpaid membership)

;o)

Dustyjoe

Reply by Dustyjoe

only as an example here:

am i wrong?

Maybe a quote in your song description? If you like my singing and think i am worthy of sponsorship, feel free to sponsor me. There are many ways to ask for it, but using the forum is not the way to go, it is a form of spamming and could get out of control .Dustyjoe

Then maybe staff can move this to promotions. So that these people may be be promoted to GOLD>

And all other spamming topics like this in the General Discussions Folder.

Or Better yet, Maybe staff can give us each our own "Thread Topic Folder" in the Messageboards.

This is a discussion in "general". It is in the right folder. General Discussions.

I don't believe this topic of choice is in any way upsetting truly upsetting you.

If it were - you wouldn't come back to it. You would comment on the other topics in the General Discussions folder and try to help and bury this one, if you really wanted it to end.

But, You could just skip over it. It does only take up one spot on the General Discussions folder.

In general, these people would like to be sponsored.

luv2sing4eva

Your right it does not upset me, but i do hold a view on it. Maybe if signatures were turned on and a quote in there would be more appropriat, plus the added benefit of been seen every time you post. That would be a far better way to go than making threads asking for someone to pay for something for you. After all that's what sponsorship on here means.

EYESofBLU45

Reply by EYESofBLU45

would y'all just sh'up and sponser me?!?!?! LMAO ok just kidding

seriously...I think the "sponser option" next to us blue members...would be sufficient? NOT THAT I CONSIDER THIS THREAD, A MEANS OF BEGGING (FAR FROM IT) I'm just not sure I'm comfy pleading my case as to why I can't afford this or that (MY OPINION)...if someone wants to sponser me..they will..if they don't ..they won't...simple

daveyboy

Reply by daveyboyGOLD

ive been on singsnap since august 07 i moved to canada from uk and this site really helps me as ive not alot friends in canada yet so singing here has got me new friends and brought abit of the shyness outta me lol . but i gotta say if and when i can afford it i would go gold ive never begged or asked for anything if was gold awesome if not its not big loss i still use snap cos its awesome' sorry if not got comma's and stuff in right place im learning anyway enough of me going on tata for now ...

lou_lou08

Reply by lou_lou08

why are there people argueing about this 'sponser me' button that yeah it may look tacky but yeah on the other hand its giving the other people a chance to sing songs that are unlocked and a gift in a way!

dont understand why someone in another thread was calling blue members cheap, saying that it doesnt cost much and that we could basically pay for it ourselfs, but as like some of the members on here i'm a young mum and un-employed and my budget is really tight at the moment just barely affording the internet too lol and yeah it may not cost much but some of us really cant afford it.

i think its a nice thing to do for others, i'd sure sponser others if i could!

skypresmommy

Reply by skypresmommy

1. Handmaiden777
2. AmeliaZ
3. beau99
4. Hillbilly
5. EYESofBLU45
6. daveyboy
7. lou_lou08

skypresmommy

Reply by skypresmommy

I'm proud that this thread for the most part has been full of mostly kind people.This is by no means a way of begging, but realizing there are other people on here who enjoy this site and all it has to offer. Thanks for the kindness of those who have sponsored and for those who are viewing this

BeerStalker

Reply by BeerStalker

1. Handmaiden777
2. AmeliaZ
3. beau99
4. Hillbilly
5. EYESofBLU45
6. daveyboy
7. lou_lou08
skypresmommy

beau99 is now gold according to his post above .... Reply by beau99GOLD ...

skypresmommy

Reply by skypresmommy

1. Handmaiden777
2. AmeliaZ
3. beau99
4. Hillbilly
5. EYESofBLU45
6. daveyboy
7. lou_lou08
skypresmommy

beau99 is now gold according to his post above .... Reply by beau99GOLD ...BeerStalker

Thanks for noticing

skypresmommy

Reply by skypresmommy

1. Handmaiden777
2. AmeliaZ
3. Hillbilly
4. EYESofBLU45
5. daveyboy
6. lou_lou08

skypresmommy

Reply by skypresmommy

bump

BlueEyesKristy

Reply by BlueEyesKristy

Count me in...

Camberie

Reply by Camberie

I am just a low-budget senior-high-school student and maybe there is someone here who want to sponsor me for one month ......(smiles)...xxx

Thecin623

Reply by Thecin623

If someone would like to sponsor me I would very much appreciate it, things are really tight for me and my family, I don't work cause I am unable to and my husband does carpenter work but hasn't been able to find that much work right now, so that is why I can not afford a membership right now, the internet is the only thing in my life that keeps me from feeling the pain of depression. I found ss thru another site and I am happy to be able to sing and get wonderful comments and meet beautiful people. Would love to see what gold is all about and if it would help me to sing more songs. I also wanted to say thank you to Skypresmommy for starting this thread, I know if I could sponsor someone I would do it in a heartbeat and if no one sponsors me than thats ok too! I still love this site and all the people on here! You's just don't know how you've helped me already with my depression by listening to your songs and keeping my mind on something else...So for that alone I want to Thank You from the bottom of my heart! As Always keep on singing and Great Big Hugs, Cynthia

st1gzee

Reply by st1gzee

hi team, i like being blue blue suits me im told,.i still get the golden voice thumbs up from my fans (thx too those who know me here).i also find plenty here too sing free..so too me its all good with or without however people,i saw recently theres gonna be a new ORIGINAL CONTENT part too the site..so as the old saying goes at bingo..you gotta be in it too win it..
this is where i could shine with my guitar..but why cant i enter if im blue nicked?..bix.com is free too enter?..sorry to go off topic...just a thought..regards...uncle stiggy

Previous Next