This topic is listed in Profile & Thread Design.
It has been viewed 8,596 times and 280 replies have been made.

- Next
Irreplaceable_Mushy

Edited post by Irreplaceable_Mushy

This forum is for asking questions that you may have that are BBCode related and is also a place for members of SingSnap to test out any BBCoding before posting it into one of the Discussion Group However, you may not always wish to test your codes in public and so we have also given a few helpful hints below for ways of testing BBCode.

Irreplaceable_Mushy

Edited reply by Irreplaceable_Mushy

If you are a gold member, you can create your own Inner Circles with an activated forum for creating your own private threads. This is a good way to practice making threads and getting them to look right BEFORE you post them. Simply go to your "Account" tab, then the "Inner Circle" sub tab, then near the bottom there is an option to create a new inner circle. Make sure you select option "Yes" to "Forum Activated" and click "Submit". Your inner circle should now appear in the Discussion Group categories.

If you do not see it right away, you may need to log out and log back in. You can then go into your own folder and create topics to your heart’s desire. You can add other folks to your Inner Circle also, or keep it private for yourself. Then, when you are ready to make it public, simply "Quote" your individual postings and create a new thread in a public forum.

Terry

Reply by TerryGOLD

Terry

Edited reply by TerryGOLD

I was really just kidding with that previous post, if you take the time to read it all, it's not THAT hard!

Novella

Reply by NovellaSNAP-STAR +31 41

Well it is similar to learning another language! lol Just takes time and patience but all this stuff is definitely manageable and possible to learn with a little trial and error. =)

Irreplaceable_Mushy

Reply by Irreplaceable_Mushy

I completely agree with you Shan......I remember when I first started to learn the strange language of coding and I couldnt get to grips with it but now its like reading a book almost :O)

Terry you will do great I am sure of it :O)

--C_o_w_b_o_y--

Edited reply by --C_o_w_b_o_y--GOLD 2

Very nice!!!! Well said ..well organized and very helpful..

Well done!

other threads too! very nice!

ezemny

Reply by ezemnyGOLD

thank you mushy ! the new thread looks great and alot less complicated

Novella

=) She did a marvelous job!

Irreplaceable_Mushy

Thank you very much :O)

AlfieMoon

Edited reply by AlfieMoonGOLD

--C_o_w_b_o_y--

Edited reply by --C_o_w_b_o_y--GOLD 2

yes!

you did excellent (& others involved if so) . i refer people to your threads a lot if i get questions.. .. you summed it all up nicely.. and great detail..

Irreplaceable_Mushy

Its an honor to know that people are using them, refering others to them and find the threads easy to use. Thats the payment side of volunteering :O)

JohnnyAngel

Edited reply by JohnnyAngelGOLD +2

JohnnyAngel

Reply by JohnnyAngelGOLD +2

TXTONY-N-KAREN

Reply by TXTONY-N-KARENGOLD

#9400d3 Now is the time.

TXTONY-N-KAREN

[c]#9400d3[c]

TXTONY-N-KAREN

[color] #9400d3 now is the time [color]

TXTONY-N-KAREN

[#9400d3] now is the time

TXTONY-N-KAREN

[color#9400d3] now is the time

Irreplaceable_Mushy

Hi TXTONY-N-KAREN,

please check this part of the bbcoding thread out.

How to Use BBCoding with Text/Font

From the coding above you have missed the closing tag for your coding.
I have sent you a PM.

Fixing your code it should look like the following......

now is the time

Sherrie

Edited reply by SherrieGOLD 1

PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW TO MAKE THE ABOVE PIC INTO A PAGE GRAPHIC FOR A SONG

Sherrie

Reply by SherrieGOLD 1

I CAN'T PUT THE CODE IN AND IT SHOW UP AS THE CODE BECAUSE IT MAKES THE PIC. HERE IS THE CODE WITHOUT BRACKETS
IMGhttp://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee293/VisualRealities/elvis-presley-t5-poster.jpg/IMG

gordy1962

Edited reply by gordy1962GOLD

Sherrie

#background{background:urlhttp://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee293/VisualRealities/elvis-presley-t5-poster.jpg no-repeat fixed;background-position:top center;#toparea{height:160px;width:800px;background:urlhttp://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee293/VisualRealities/elvis-presley-t5-poster.jpg no-repeat center;}

Sherrie

Reply by SherrieGOLD 1

i don't know how to get the picture to come up. The above code i thought was correct. Can anyone assist me?

Irreplaceable_Mushy

I CAN'T PUT THE CODE IN AND IT SHOW UP AS THE CODE BECAUSE IT MAKES THE PIC. HERE IS THE CODE WITHOUT BRACKETS
IMGhttp://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee293/VisualRealities/elvis-presley-t5-poster.jpg/IMG
Sherrie

This code will not come up in the forum because it is BBCode and the forum automatically reads it. If you wish to show a BBCode in the forums then you should leave a space inbetween the opening and closing tags, like so......
http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee293/VisualRealities/elvis-presley-t5-poster.jpg

#background{background:urlhttp://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee293/VisualRealities/elvis-presley-t5-poster.jpg no-repeat fixed;background-position:top center;#toparea{height:160px;width:800px;background:urlhttp://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee293/VisualRealities/elvis-presley-t5-poster.jpg no-repeat center;}Sherrie

i don't know how to get the picture to come up. The above code i thought was correct. Can anyone assist me?Sherrie

The second code you used is a HTML code and will not work in the forums. This code is for profile pages, recording pages and private messages.However there are some major floors in that coding and it wont work due to missing elements.

NightinGal

Edited reply by NightinGalGOLD 1

Whiskey

Reply by Whiskey

Sherrie

Sherrie

Reply by SherrieGOLD 1

woohoo it worked

Sssjim7

Reply by Sssjim7GOLD 3

How do you make your own stylesheet? I tried using your codes and just substituting the address of the picture I wanted to use... but that didn't work...

I want to use my own pictures as the background pictures in my studio for when people come to listen to my songs...

Any help will be appreciated... thanks!
~Jim

Sssjim7

Reply by Sssjim7GOLD 3

How do you make your own stylesheet? I tried using your codes and just substituting the address of the picture I wanted to use... but that didn't work...

I want to use my own pictures as the background pictures in my studio for when people come to listen to my songs...

Any help will be appreciated... thanks!
~JimSssjim7

Never mind... I looked through all the examples in the forums and figured it out myself... thanks!
~Jim

RavenDanielle

Reply by RavenDanielle

uuugh help

RavenDanielle

Reply by RavenDanielle

RavenDanielle

Reply by RavenDanielle

dennz57

Reply by dennz57

r/c8aa80776

dennz57

Reply by dennz57

Im trying to copy the above picture how do I do that please Im lost...

Novella

Im trying to copy the above picture how do I do that please Im lost...dennz57

Do you want to copy it on the forum or on a song?

Belle_Morte

Reply by Belle_MorteSNAP-STAR

flagging just cause

phashioton

Reply by phashioton

How can i put a pic as background?

JillAnneMarie

Reply by JillAnneMarie

JillAnneMarie

Reply by JillAnneMarie

Grrrrr! I give up! I want my little icon picture to be my background picture, but nothing seems to work!

ticketyboo

Reply by ticketyboo

The code you need for your background image would be as follows:

Just replace the abcimage.jpg with the link to your image and it should work.

ticketyboo

Reply by ticketyboo

If what I posted above doesn't work, you can alternatively use this code, which puts CSS into practice:

The CSS will give you more options on how you can treat the background image. If you want to have it repeat across the top of your page, you would use this code:

If you want to have the image repeat down the side of your page you would use this code:

sayuriyang12

Edited reply by sayuriyang12

thanks for the helpful forum

P-J

Edited reply by P-JGOLD

hi how are you?

P-J

Reply by P-JGOLD

i did it!!

- Next