We are currently experiencing PayPal payment issues and are looking into the matter. If you have any concerns please message SingSnapSupport.

new singsnap II app.. pitch control

This topic is listed in Website Problems & Help. It has been viewed 176 times and 8 replies have been made.

giftedbreathLEVEL 43

Edited post by giftedbreathGOLD

I really like the better quality of the new SingSnap app however the pitch control works only the first time you record, if you try to harmonize with yourself it returns the backing track to the original key and keeps your voice changed which obviously sounds like crap.
And if you play your pitched recording on anything but the new app, it returns the backing track to the original and your voice stay the same so again, sounds terrible like you are tone deaf or drunk.

And no I’m neither so what I do about this?

sweetangel226LEVEL 71

Reply by sweetangel226GOLD

I hate the singsnap app...I don't know if they are ever going to fix it,I did notice if you record on the Android app and play it back on your PC it sounds nothing like what it did when you initially recorded it,I really wish they would fix it ..I don't think it ever should have been released as an app until all the bugs were fixed and until it's fixed I won't be using it ...

ImaChristian2

Reply by ImaChristian2GOLD +2

I really like the better quality of the new SingSnap app however the pitch control works only the first time you record, if you try to harmonize with yourself it returns the backing track to the original key and keeps your voice changed which obviously sounds like crap.
And if you play your pitched recording on anything but the new app, it returns the backing track to the original and your voice stay the same so again, sounds terrible like you are tone deaf or drunk.

And no I’m neither so what I do about this?giftedbreath

I hate the singsnap app...I don't know if they are ever going to fix it,I did notice if you record on the Android app and play it back on your PC it sounds nothing like what it did when you initially recorded it,I really wish they would fix it ..I don't think it ever should have been released as an app until all the bugs were fixed and until it's fixed I won't be using it ...sweetangel226

Wow, I had pretty good results with the app, and I always use the pitch changer, cause I can't sing. LOL Does that happen on every recording for you, or is it random? I'm going to follow this thread to see if it happens with specific devices or what. I can just see me doing a recording, hearing it one way, while others hear it differently. LOL! Especially if I joined a duet and added "Im so happy how this turned out, I'm going to sing with you all night!" HAHAHA! Good luck and Following!

jeannetteb

Edited reply by jeannettebGOLD

Thank you all, for the love! Right back at you!

I think it's normal for the sound to not be the same! Listen to your other recordings, the ones you did on the website, on your phone, either through the app or directly through the website, and you'll see they sound different on each platform! The sound of a computer is not the same as the sound of a phone! Personally, I prefer the sound of the phone, well, at least, my phone!

About things being fixed, I'm pretty convinced that everything will fall into place once all 3 platforms, web, android, and iOS, are in sync, and when that happens, we should even be able to remix recordings! At least, that's how it was with the old iOS app, before android! Anyway, time will tell, in the meantime, I guess we need to be patient!

I don't usually do harmony, and I rarely duet! Don't want to ruin other peeps' recordings! I too have noticed that the pitch changer doesn't stick! When I record with pitch change, if I go back because I didn't like the result, I always find it back to normal pitch, 0! Haven't tried it in a while though, just might do that and see how it works out!

Cheers!

jeannetteb

Reply by jeannettebGOLD

Thank you all, for the love! Right back at you!

PS: Btw, you should report all bugs, by sending a private message to "SingSnapSupport"! In some cases they can get things fixed in a jiffy!

sweetangel226LEVEL 71

Reply by sweetangel226GOLD

I hate the singsnap app...I don't know if they are ever going to fix it,I did notice if you record on the Android app and play it back on your PC it sounds nothing like what it did when you initially recorded it,I really wish they would fix it ..I don't think it ever should have been released as an app until all the bugs were fixed and until it's fixed I won't be using it ...sweetangel226

Wow, I had pretty good results with the app, and I always use the pitch changer, cause I can't sing. LOL Does that happen on every recording for you, or is it random? I'm going to follow this thread to see if it happens with specific devices or what. I can just see me doing a recording, hearing it one way, while others hear it differently. LOL! Especially if I joined a duet and added "Im so happy how this turned out, I'm going to sing with you all night!" HAHAHA! Good luck and Following!ImaChristian2

I have done 4 recordings,all sounded the same,it's the syncing I am having trouble with,it sounds fine on my phone but when I go back and listen on my PC,it didn't sync right,it's not synced with the lyrics and my vocals are all over the place,I guess it will be fixed eventually so I will keep the app and try again at least once a week to see if the syncing problem gets fixed,also the app doesn't have all the songs the original singsnap has if you noticed

giftedbreathLEVEL 43

Edited reply by giftedbreathGOLD

Wow, I had pretty good results with the app, and I always use the pitch changer, cause I can't sing. LOL Does that happen on every recording for you, or is it random? I'm going to follow this thread to see if it happens with specific devices or what. I can just see me doing a recording, hearing it one way, while others hear it differently. LOL! Especially if I joined a duet and added "Im so happy how this turned out, I'm going to sing with you all night!" HAHAHA! Good luck and Following!ImaChristian2

I have done 4 recordings,all sounded the same,it's the syncing I am having trouble with,it sounds fine on my phone but when I go back and listen on my PC,it didn't sync right,it's not synced with the lyrics and my vocals are all over the place,I guess it will be fixed eventually so I will keep the app and try again at least once a week to see if the syncing problem gets fixed,also the app doesn't have all the songs the original singsnap has if you noticedsweetangel226

I’m using MOTIV AUDIO with a Shure USB mic. I’m betting that’s the conflict .. thank you for your input it helps me narrow down where the problem may be.
And no it only happens when I pitch them. My husband suggested it could be the effects that aren’t pitched along with the voice and my
Mic program may add reverb that’s not coming from the ss mixer

JustjaydanceLEVEL 23

Reply by JustjaydanceGOLD

Please have a listen and tell me what you’d like to hear?

What this sorted out? I’m having the same problem.i record a song, changed the pitch slightly.. listen to it... make sure I’m happy with it - pushed “finish” come back to it to listen to after it’s been “synced” and it’s like the song is back to original pitch or I sound flat! Which I’m not lol..
please sort?!?

Steve-GLEVEL 91

Reply by Steve-GCHAT-ADMIN +1

cough... cough. Jay... I don't think you need pitch correction. Anybody else agree?