Do you want the truth if you can sing or not? Post up.

This topic is listed in Singing & Songwriting Tips. It has been viewed 3,291 times and 91 replies have been made.

<< Prev  
SgtdewLEVEL 48

Reply by Sgtdew

Maquarade - A couple things I noted.
1. Your singing is good, but seems like you are stretching to sing this song.
It sounds very routine without emotion.
2. It sounds like you are struggling to stay note true on a few places. This is most likely because the song is out of your vocal range.
My opinion is that you could improve by singing a song closer to your natural range, or in a lower octave.
You actually sing good, but this song was out of your range.
Best Regards,
Scott

socomicefoxLEVEL 65

Edited reply by socomicefoxGOLD

wmccorm- Blue kentucky girl- This sing was absolutely awful country music is supposed to have feeling and damn this was absolutely a trash sing. Emotion was nothing. Your voice was all over the place sounded more like you was singing to the moon cause that is the only thing that would listen to you sing that song. Simple as this if ppl tell you that was a good sing they are lieing to you. I know you can sing better than that. Thank you for the sing. Keep singing and improving. Show more emotion meaning get into the song. And sing comfortable as if its easy as talking to someone.

socomicefoxLEVEL 65

Reply by socomicefoxGOLD

msfitoy- Give in to me- Simple song you say huh? Guess what simple song or not you chose a great song for your voice. That was a very great sing. Cant say I felt emotion from this song I mean cause to me this is a boring song but I can tell you like this song as you sing it. Your voice again was perfect on this sing I heard no off notes. Really good singer you are natural . Flagged. Keep singing.

socomicefoxLEVEL 65

Reply by socomicefoxGOLD

sgtdew- Will the circle be unbroken- Wow you actually did well on this sing here I enjoyed this. Your voice was kinda shaky but other than that great job here. You was into this song I could 100% tell that I mean tbh this was actually a good song choice for you. Great job keep singing. Again another natural singer.

socomicefoxLEVEL 65

Reply by socomicefoxGOLD

Brenio- Creep- Wow is all I can say this is a rough song to sing bro and you my friend in my opinion nailed this song. This was a very great song choice for you. When it came to the high notes you kept control and did a good job throughout the song at staying on the same pitch! Very great job dude. 100% felt this song as this is one of my favorite songs in life. So thank you for this awesome sing! Listened to this 2 times. Loved it both times. Great job.

socomicefoxLEVEL 65

lamonttries- Tennessee whiskey- Oh hell yea man sing it thats what I am talking bout. I loved this. You know what lamonttries your voice was off a bit but you know what made up for that how into this song you was. I felt this one from you for sure man 100% the emotion was real in this sing and it was a honor to listen to this. Hell yea dude keep singing. This should have been sing on a stage in front of an audience you are an artist man keep it up.

socomicefoxLEVEL 65

Reply by socomicefoxGOLD

Masquarade- Indigo girls- To be honest with you I am lost at what to say about this sing. I mean it was rushed a bit do I think this was a great song choice for you? Not really. This was a very boring sing I did not feel this song at all and I think it was more annoying to listen to than actually be entertaining to listen to. I say pick better songs that fit your very unique voice. Yes 100% keep singing and have fun and keep improving

socomicefoxLEVEL 65

Reply by socomicefoxGOLD

Jjsingit- The twelth of never- Never heard this song before but I know a good singing voice when I hear it and you sir are of the skill of a pro at singing. You have a great vibrato when you sing. Emotion in this song I mean you matched the emotion with the song you was singing and the way you was singing and the both of these combined was perfect in my opinion . Great job on this sing. You are flagged for sure.

SgtdewLEVEL 48

Reply by Sgtdew

Welcome back socomicefox. Missed you!

SgtdewLEVEL 48

Reply by Sgtdew

sgtdew- Will the circle be unbroken- Wow you actually did well on this sing here I enjoyed this. Your voice was kinda shaky but other than that great job here. You was into this song I could 100% tell that I mean tbh this was actually a good song choice for you. Great job keep singing. Again another natural singer.socomicefox

Thanks man, appreciate the review!
Scott

mustangcurtLEVEL 57

Reply by mustangcurtGOLD

jjsingitLEVEL 31

Reply by jjsingit

Jjsingit- The twelth of never- Never heard this song before but I know a good singing voice when I hear it and you sir are of the skill of a pro at singing. You have a great vibrato when you sing. Emotion in this song I mean you matched the emotion with the song you was singing and the way you was singing and the both of these combined was perfect in my opinion . Great job on this sing. You are flagged for sure.socomicefox

Damn.....thanks for the review. I appreciate you taking the time to do this.
Sounds like I should try out for The Voice.....

mustangcurtLEVEL 57

Edited reply by mustangcurtGOLD

Previous entry in a word Sucked delete it. Try this one
http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/r/c29b615e3

BlueangelLEVEL 68

Reply by BlueangelGOLD

I would like your honest opinion please.

http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/r/c271526c7

Thank you.

JessearthstonesLEVEL 4

Reply by Jessearthstones

http://www.smule.com/p/931496764_2157181873

Thanks for any opinions!

bugsy2009LEVEL 45

Reply by bugsy2009

Would love an honest opinion MF.
http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/r/c99f22a0b

KatarinaGLEVEL 15

Reply by KatarinaG

http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/watchandlisten/play/b9758b12f

Just getting into this after having an account for 2 years (dont even remember makign one but happy I stumbled upon this site again!)
I have no training but have always loved to sing so any advice would be helpful!

just-KMSLEVEL 91

Reply by just-KMSGOLD

Hi Scott. Not sure if you are still doing listens or if bad pms tuned you off of it. It is nice to find someone to try help. Well done.

Kevin

just-KMSLEVEL 91

Edited reply by just-KMSGOLD

I shall put myself to the test as well soon!

God Bless!
Kevin

angel_w_1991LEVEL 75

Reply by angel_w_1991GOLD

Angel_w_1991
Autumns not that cold lorrie Morgan

http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/watchandlisten/play/c4a5282bf

angel_w_1991LEVEL 75

Reply by angel_w_1991GOLD

Angel_w_1991

Eighteen wheels and a dozen roses
Kathy metta

http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/watchandlisten/play/c7a863027

aja675LEVEL 4

Reply by aja675

Are YouTube videos allowed?:

lrdsatyr8LEVEL 36

Reply by lrdsatyr8GOLD

Well I haven't seen any updates to this thread since last year but would love any opinions on this one...
http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/r/bbadf4c85

EmSingerLEVEL 52

Reply by EmSingerGOLD

'All I Have To Do Is Dream' - The Everly Brothers
http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/watchandlisten/play/c2bbf16ed

socomicefoxLEVEL 65

Reply by socomicefoxGOLD

mustangcurt-love me

You have smooth vocals kinda reminds me of Bob Ross the painter. Anyways you sing this song pretty well but I feel like you sing this song very boring. I do not know who you was singing this to but yea I would have fell asleep. Like no joke your vocals are smooth but
put some heart into a song when you sing it cmon! This was a nice sing but when you sing make the listener connect to you with what you are singing about.

socomicefoxLEVEL 65

Reply by socomicefoxGOLD

Blueangel- Danger Ahead

I have heard hound dogs put more heart into howling at the moon than what you just sing. Holy hell yall got good voices these days but damn sing with passion when you sing! Stop singing like you are reading from a newspaper lmaooo you got ppl listening to you.
A person in your comments says Wow ! I got a front row set to listen to an outstanding performance by one of my favorite singers.......as always Frankie superbly done . He lied to you hate to say it this was nothing enjoyable about it it was boring. Sing with passion for example if you are singing a sad song you gotta make the listener connect with what you are singing about. A good voice is nice but the main thing a singer has thats really talent is the ability to connect their listener with what they are singing about!

socomicefoxLEVEL 65

Reply by socomicefoxGOLD

jessearthstones- Hotel California

Wow! Really nice sing here I love how you took this song and did what you did with it. This is a rough song here to sing. I love the emotion the heart you put into singing this song. You have a voice of a pop star in 2019 that is for sure! You have talent and if I was you
I would get a vocal coach and I would work with them on unlocking more of the talent in your voice they can help you discover things that will amaze you about your voice. You can also do that yourself by just singing and learning over and over something new about your voice if you pay attention closely everytime you sing. Now your timing in this song was off in many parts but work on that and you have a golden voice! Keep up the talent and good luck to you.

socomicefoxLEVEL 65

Reply by socomicefoxGOLD

bugsy2009- Lady

Outstanding. Standing ovation. This sing was perfect. One of your comments said you put so much heart and soul intro this and I agree with them you did. This was a true example of singing and connecting with the listener this is how singing is done. Fantastic job this was a professional sing.

socomicefoxLEVEL 65

Reply by socomicefoxGOLD

KatarinaG- To make you feel my love

Sung from the heart. Sung with heart. Very good vocals. Talent. Bright future in singing that is for sure keep following your dream. An honor to listen to this sing.

socomicefoxLEVEL 65

angel_w_1991-

This was beautifully sung but I have to ask was you drunk when singing this? If not I am sorry but thats what it sounds like lmaooo. Anyways this was boring beautifully sung but very boring. It might not be that cold in autumn but this sing you did here was! Find better songs and sing with heart. Keep singing and good luck

socomicefoxLEVEL 65

angel_w_1991-Eighteen Wheels And A Dozen Roses

Nah nah. This song way above your range not for ya plain and simple all I can say. Keep singing and improving you are not tone deaf completely but somewhat I do think you are!

Flagged. I like hearing singers improve keep singing and good luck to you angel_w_1991.

socomicefoxLEVEL 65

Reply by socomicefoxGOLD

aja675-The best thing

The name of the song is the best thing. One thing I do know from the start of hearing you sing is one thing that not is the best thing is your singing. ROFLLLLLL you cant be serious man? AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHANHAHAH I am rolling on the ground OMG bro this is terrible why I am listening to this? Why am I doing this to my ears oh noooo! OMG my dude you just started rapping? WTF is that mumble? Are you disrespecting the rapping right now by mumbling oh hell noooooooooooo! OK OK OK The best thing is this sing is over. Alright now with that said you like having fun singing huh I can tell you was into it you was for sure into the song your voice is just not fit for this song. See when a singer picks a song they gotta challenge themself sometimes sure but there is just some songs you just will never be able to sing that fit your voice. ROFLLLLL was this serious man? OH BOY. Welp. I will say this you was into the song but your voice no sir it did not fit this song your vocals on this was terrible. I listened to many singers so far today most of them had good voices but they had sing the song boring. What I am trying to understand myself is how did I actually listen to 5 min of this HUH? Why did I listen to 5 min of this sing how does those singers have good voices but yet sing boring and with no heart yet you sound terrible on this song at least disrespected rap by mumbling and yet you was actually jamming you was into this song the whole time I could tell! I enjoyed this awful crappy sing I dont know how but I did. Keep singing man have fun!

socomicefoxLEVEL 65

Reply by socomicefoxGOLD

lrdsatyr8-Like the rain

Flagged. I know a good voice when I hear it. This was a great sing by a great singer. You sing this song your own way. You sing this with heart you actually unlike some of these other singers I have heard today you actually put effort into the song you sing and you sound like you love to sing! Well done here man this was imo a professional quality sing.

socomicefoxLEVEL 65

EmSinger- All I have to do is dream

Emsinger this was flawless. This is a perfect song for you voice very good choice and very good emotion while singing this song. I will be honest with you I was not expecting this to be the best sing I have heard today but guess what it is. This was the best version of this song I have ever heard anyone sing. I have heard this classic oldies song many times covered on youtube even by some of youtubes most talented singers but you outdid them with damn good vocals and creativity in your song as you sing it. Absolutely flagged and if I was you I would go on the voice and audition with this song here. Amazing singing and again perfect choice of song.

socomicefoxLEVEL 65

Reply by socomicefoxGOLD

Thank you to all who have sent me their songs for honest feedback even to the one singers who had me rolling on the ground lmaoooo and could not sing better than the hound dogs who howl at the moon! A honor to listen to all of yall sing and keep singing and have fun cant wait to hear more ppl who post their songs on this thread. It is honestly awesome to hear tone deaf singers and then hear great singers as well!

Singing_TedLEVEL 18

Reply by Singing_Ted

What do you think of mine? Honest feedback please!

http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/watchandlisten/play/c3968b4f4

just-KMSLEVEL 91

Edited reply by just-KMSGOLD

I was hoping to hear your thoughts... if you got a few minutes... So here it is: http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/r/bb76b22eb

Thank you for listening and helping us...

Kevin

socomicefoxLEVEL 65

Singing_Ted- I Saw Her Standing There-

LMFAO. Well I tell you what you possibly are the worse singer I have ever heard! But ayeeeeee you danced along with that song you had fun thats what matters! Keep singing

socomicefoxLEVEL 65

Reply by socomicefoxGOLD

Just-KMS- FEEL LIKE GOING HOME

What in the hell was this? What did I just listen too? How did I just sit through that entire song? Ya know sir did you have fun singing that song? If you did that is what matters but if your asking me to tell you about if you can sing. I have to honest you are a terrible singer. You are tone deaf you cant stay on pitch at all. But keep singing

socomicefoxLEVEL 65

Here we are all these songs later and ppl actually post up songs that they truly are asking for critique when they cant sing a note. Ya know not everyone has the voice of a star. Not everyone has a great singing voice. But as long as you have fun singing that is what matters!

Ya know I dont get it. Ppl will tell others great job on that song your amazing but yet the singer actually sounded terrible. And I know ppl try to make others confident to sing more but a person can only get better if they actually get told the truth. Well you hear the excuse well what if they are not trying to be a professional and just sing and have fun. Dont we all? I mean we all want to have fun singing thats the point of singing. But comments on a song telling someone they are a amazing singer when they are not is called lieing.

Telling someone you enjoyed their song is not lieing and speaking the truth ya know because many ppl have different genres and different style of singing voices they like. Anytime I have ever gave out a comment on Singsnap or in life period when it comes to someone elses singing I have always been truthful. I dont tell someone they are a amazing singer if they are not. I dont even call myself a amazing singer. I call myself a decent natural gifted singer that does not even use that gift anymore.

You know what my favorite style of music is 70s-80s rock. Joplin. Heart. The Who. ACDC. Jimmi Hendrix. They way music has changed in this world its hard to pick up the mic these days... Rock is no longer Rock. Rap is no longer Rap instead sounds more r&b/pop with autotune. Country is even starting to change up... I grew up in 90s era and that music but I wish I grew up in the 70s music days because when I listen to those rock stars on stage singing I hear a ton of emotion and just great singing with a pure voice. Now days its nothing but effects.

Here is rock these days.... How it has changed lol

This was good rap

And now days..

sabathielLEVEL 42

Edited reply by sabathiel

But comments on a song telling someone they are a amazing singer when they are not is called lieing.

socomicefox

Chuck.......it's not a lie if you believe it. Bwahahahahahahahahaha......

Some people just have no clue what is good singing, what is middle of the road singing and what is just plain awful singing (if you can even call it singing at all). They can't tell the difference and most likely these people cannot hold a note themselves. So when you listen to someone singing who can't sing and there are comments saying how amazing they are or what a good job in singing they have done....first thing you do is check their channel and see their recordings......if they can sing and sing well then yeah they are lying but if they can't hold a note then they may not be lying because they have no clue what is good singing and what is bad singing.....they may be tone deaf themselves.

<< Prev